GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Completed

For all games that are now over.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 0

Postby kida » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:14 am

Drinks will try to release the tortured goblin.

"Hi, my name is drinks.
We are here to help.
Who are those metal goblins? Why did they attack you?"
User avatar
kida
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 3

Postby GathersIngredients » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:20 pm

"Well, to be honest your uncle came to the inn bleeding from several wounds and after he told us about the attack you're under, he lost consciousness. But we did our best to bandage him and one of our members even has a magic healing item, which he has been using on your uncle repeatedly, and when this group left, the uncle was resting safe and sound in one of the inn's beds. So it will most likely be a while until he's able to play with you two again, but I'm hopeful that he will. It would probably best if you went to the HQ and checked on him." Walks smiles encouragingly at the young ones and trusts that they will make their way to the GAL safely.

After seeing the children off, Walks moves left and left (into a new area), weapon at the ready.

[spoil]I'm still not sure what those metal beasts are supposed to be. Borg, maybe? *scratches head*[/spoil]
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 3

Postby Synch » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:19 pm

[spoil]cyborg aliens?[/spoil]

Leaves No Trace will go and check the prisoner to see if he can assist with gently freeing him if he is still alive. If he has passed away, Leaves will head over to the chest and look for anything of use he can take with him.
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 3

Postby spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:44 pm

"The bastards got his *theeeeieehehehe*, his ear. I kinda know what that's like.", Laughs scurries to the opening in the wall and looks out, scanning for the departed metal goblins, hoping to at least determine which direction they went.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11423
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 3

Postby ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Spoiler: show
spiderwrangler wrote:"The bastards got his *theeeeieehehehe*, his ear."

Didn't realize it till you pointed this out but I think this is the 4th ear Badge has done something to. I think he might have an ear fetish
[s]Righteous One[/s]Vengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10
User avatar
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 am

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 3

Postby spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:29 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
Spoiler: show
spiderwrangler wrote:"The bastards got his *theeeeieehehehe*, his ear."

Didn't realize it till you pointed this out but I think this is the 4th ear Badge has done something to. I think he might have an ear fetish

If the tortured goblin survives, and we track down/defeat these guys, Laughs will be looting ears to give to the torturee..
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11423
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 3

Postby Patdragon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Forges talks to the weeping children a little more
[highlight=#000000]"Will you guys be ok to go there by yourself? One of us could go with you if you want, but we used a map to get here so you could use that whilst we try to help anyone else here in your village."[/highlight]

If we get them to leave he will head toward the others.

ooc: the eyes of the cyborgs definitely now make me think terminator
Currently playing
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Andong, Korea

Re: GAL: Q6 (Metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:08 am

Fires
Image

Main Building
Image

Star Man
Image

Escape
Image

Burning Bridges
Image

Ravine
Image


Right gives the children directions back to the Gal and Walks speaks up "Well, to be honest your uncle came to the inn bleeding from several wounds and after he told us about the attack you're under, he lost consciousness. But we did our best to bandage him and one of our members even has a magic healing item, which he has been using on your uncle repeatedly, and when this group left, the uncle was resting safe and sound in one of the inn's beds. So it will most likely be a while until he's able to play with you two again, but I'm hopeful that he will. It would probably best if you went to the HQ and checked on him."
[highlight=#000000]Forges[/highlight] also speaks up [highlight=#000000]"Will you guys be ok to go there by yourself? One of us could go with you if you want, but we used a map to get here so you could use that whilst we try to help anyone else here in your village."[/highlight]

Looks stops crying and gives you a funny look and then asks "So, what you're telling me here is that our uncle found his way to your inn, battered and broken and barely alive and now you expect us to just walk back to this tavern, that we've never been to, full of strangers....by ourselves? My sister and I will wait here for you."

Having reached a decision and being adamant about it, the group moves to the left after the others.
They arrive just as the metal goblins are crossing the bridge to the other side. As they move forward, the one with the strange gun turns around and shoots at the bridge, causing an explosion of wood and rope and making the ravine seemingly uncrossable.

Laughs hurries over to the large hole in the wall and spots the 3 metal goblins heading left toward a bridge and then watches the above events unfold.

Drinks & Leaves carefully unshackle the prisoner and help him down from where he had hung. He seems to shrug off whatever damage they had done to him, though you can see that he is in pain. Once lowered questions are asked. "Hi, my name is drinks. We are here to help. Who are those metal goblins? Why did they attack you?"

"I am known as The Keeper and I thank you for your help. The monsters that you saw are no goblins...at least not anymore. The leader of the group is named Dances with Stars, he was once a part of this clan, but, as you can see, he is something else now. They attacked because they are looking for an artifact that only I know where it is located." (He looks around suspiciously) "They might be listening, it isn't safe to talk here. They took the village captive, we must do what we can to save them." The Keeper begins walking toward the door, but his legs tremble and he has to stop to steady himself by the door.

Stats & Loot
[tabs][tabs:Right(ChuckDaRighteous)]
ATT: 2
DEF: 3 (or 2)
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
- Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1-handed, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
- wooden shaft & Spearhead (Can be fixed)
- 1/2 of a Red Curtain (Red)
- Flaming Trident (+2 Atk "Fire damage") (Will be extinguished if it comes in contact with water)
- 2-handed shield (+1 Def)
- Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
- Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
- Helmet (+1DEF)

[tabs:Walks(Gathers)]
ATT: 3
DEF: 2
HP: 6/6

ITEMS:
- Holey Shield (+0 DEF) (1-handed)(Small metal shield with large hole in it, which needs to be fixed somehow)
- Shortbow (ranged)
- Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
- Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
- Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
- Skull
- Silver Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
- Length of Rope
- Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
- Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
- Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
- Simple Metal Ring: ???

[tabs: Leaves(Synch)]
ATT: 4 (or 2)
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
- Simple Axe(+1 ATT) (1-handed)
- 2-handed shield (+1 Def)
- Berzerkers Axe (+3 ATT, -2 DEF)

[tabs: [highlight=#000000]Forges[/highlight](PatDragon)]
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5
ITEMS:
- Mace (+2 Att)(1-handed)
- A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
- 3 important looking letters
- "My first wand" wand
- Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
- 3 books of Evil Badness

[tabs:Laughs(Spiderwrangler)]
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
- Fake Beard
- PlayWitch vol. 2
- Simple Axe(+1 ATT) (1-handed)
- Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
- Leather Jerkin (+1 Def)
- Wizards Hat
- Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
- Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)

[tabs: Drinks(Kida)]
ATT: 2
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5
ITEMS:
Pirate Hook: +1 ATT, 1 handed (1H) weapon.[/tabs][/quote]
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7443
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:20 am

Laughs picks up the ear and offers it to the Keeper. (If he doesn't want it back, Laughs will loot it... because he's creepy like that.) Laughs will head out to the bridge and peer down into the ravine, looking to see how far the dangling rope goes.
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11423
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby Patdragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:41 am

[highlight=#000000]"WOAH! What the hell were they! First I deal with a wizard that turns people to wooden furniture and now there must be one turning them to metal....er...goblins. And i do not like the look of that hyper-wand that blew up the bridge" [/highlight]
He turns to walks
[highlight=#000000]"If we want to get across do you think you make a lasso with your rope and hook it over the far pole?"[/highlight]

If he can Forges heads south off the path to see if there is going to be another way to cross the ravine, if he can't he will see if any of the bridge is salvageable.
Last edited by Patdragon on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently playing
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Andong, Korea

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 3

Postby spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:19 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
Spoiler: show
spiderwrangler wrote:"The bastards got his *theeeeieehehehe*, his ear."

Didn't realize it till you pointed this out but I think this is the 4th ear Badge has done something to. I think he might have an ear fetish


OOC: And all 3 of us are on this quest. :)
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11423
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 3

Postby Patdragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:26 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
Spoiler: show
spiderwrangler wrote:"The bastards got his *theeeeieehehehe*, his ear."

Didn't realize it till you pointed this out but I think this is the 4th ear Badge has done something to. I think he might have an ear fetish

OOC: And all 3 of us are on this quest. :)


well that means one of the others gets the cyborg ear when it pops up.
Currently playing
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Andong, Korea

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 0

Postby kida » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:22 am

Drinks will help keeper walk through the door.

"Let me help you."
Last edited by kida on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
kida
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:27 am

Righteous One will look to see if there is anything salvageable from the bridge. Perhaps the rope or a plank or two?
[s]Righteous One[/s]Vengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10
User avatar
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 am

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:35 am

Note: I would prefer actually that you make (or attempt) more with your turn then only 1 thing. If you say: I want to do this, then this, then that, I will be the on how much you will do....If on the other hand, Your action is do blank, and it is impossible to do that, then you've just wasted a turn...

So, in essence, please give me alternative actions for your character, in case what you are attempting will not work.
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7443
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:50 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Note: I would prefer actually that you make (or attempt) more with your turn then only 1 thing. If you say: I want to do this, then this, then that, I will be the on how much you will do....If on the other hand, Your action is do blank, and it is impossible to do that, then you've just wasted a turn...

So, in essence, please give me alternative actions for your character, in case what you are attempting will not work.
Always a bad sign when something like that comes directly after your post.

In that case, If Righteous One can't salvage anything, he will look for another way around the ravine to pursue the cyborg goblins.
[s]Righteous One[/s]Vengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10
User avatar
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 am

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 0

Postby kida » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:25 am

Drinks will continue to do the following actions:
Loot the bodies
Loot the box
Put out the fires
Dig out graves for the fallen goblins
Fix the bridge
Marry with his high-school sweetheart
Have 4 children
etc.
Last edited by kida on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
kida
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:29 am

I am not amused.. ;) ..on the other hand...best not tempt me to fulfill your actions.. >:D
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7443
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby kida » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:48 am

:D
User avatar
kida
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby GathersIngredients » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:33 pm

Walks will (help Right) pull up the rope on the right side of the bridge, and whatever is still attached to it. She also checks out her rope, whether or not it is long enough to be tied into a lasso/loop and thrown across the chasm. If that's the case, she'll give it a try. If the lasso won't work out, she'll tie the rope to one of her arrows and the bridge pillar on the near side and tries to shoot into the bridge pillar on the far side. She will also take a peek down the ravine, who knows what's down there.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby Synch » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Leaves No Trace will look in the chest to see if there is anything useful in there (and obviously 'borrow' anything of use).

If Walks' attempt with the arrow doesn't work, Leaves will get a rock from the firepit and (with permission from Walks to try) tie the rope to it and use it as a bola to wrap around the post on the other side of the ravine.

If this works, Leaves will tie the free end of the rope to the post on this side, and volunteer to crawl across.

Should he make it to the other end, he will tie the rope off properly, and look at drawing up the broken bridge on that side to harvest the rope from it.
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 4

Postby GathersIngredients » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:41 am

Walks will allow the use of the rope by anyone who wants to try to span it across the chasm, as long as one end remains tied on this side, until one attempt is successful.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: GAL: Q6 (Metal Beasts) Turn 5

Postby BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:38 am

A helping Hand
Image

A bridge too Far
Image

Another Way
Image


Laughs picks up the bloodied ear and offers it back to the keep who gives him a odd look but then shrugs and says "I've still got one that works, I doubt i can find any use for it". Happy to add another ear to his collection, Laughs pockets the ear and heads to the broken bridge and takes a look down into the ravine.

Leaves walks over to the opened chest, he can tell it was poorly locked and that it was broken open by force. The majority of the stuff inside is junk, but he does spot a crossbow and a bundle of bolts which he nabs while the keeper isn't looking. He then heads outside and to the ravine in order to help find a way across.

Drinks shows great kindness to the keeper and helps him outside where they run into the two children. They both light up when the see the battered old man. "Grandpa, you're alive!" they both exclaim.

Walks considers possible solutions to shoot an arrow or other such craziness in order to create a crossing method, but they realize that the distance is too far for these potential shenanigans.

In an attempt to find another way to cross, Right & [highlight=#000000]Forges[/highlight] shimmy down the rope to the bottom of the ravine and to find a shallow stream at the bottom which can easily be crossed. They also notice that a rope is conveniently dangling from the post on the other side of the ravine that can then be climbed, in order to cross the otherwise unconquerable expanse.

Stats & Loot
[tabs][tabs:Right(ChuckDaRighteous)]
ATT: 2
DEF: 3 (or 2)
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
- Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1-handed, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
- wooden shaft & Spearhead (Can be fixed)
- 1/2 of a Red Curtain (Red)
- Flaming Trident (+2 Atk "Fire damage") (Will be extinguished if it comes in contact with water)
- 2-handed shield (+1 Def)
- Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
- Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
- Helmet (+1DEF)

[tabs:Walks(Gathers)]
ATT: 3
DEF: 2
HP: 6/6

ITEMS:
- Holey Shield (+0 DEF) (1-handed)(Small metal shield with large hole in it, which needs to be fixed somehow)
- Shortbow (ranged)
- Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
- Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
- Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
- Skull
- Silver Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
- Length of Rope
- Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
- Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
- Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
- Simple Metal Ring: ???

[tabs: Leaves(Synch)]
ATT: 4 (or 2)
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
- Simple Axe(+1 ATT) (1-handed)
- 2-handed shield (+1 Def)
- Berzerkers Axe (+3 ATT, -2 DEF)
- Crossbow (Ranged)(2-handed) (Can be used to bludgeon someone for +1 ATT)
- bundle of bolts (x12)(+2 ATT)(Once shot, cannot be recovered & Reused)

[tabs: [highlight=#000000]Forges[/highlight](PatDragon)]
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5
ITEMS:
- Mace (+2 Att)(1-handed)
- A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
- 3 important looking letters
- "My first wand" wand
- Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
- 3 books of Evil Badness

[tabs:Laughs(Spiderwrangler)]
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
- Fake Beard
- PlayWitch vol. 2
- Simple Axe(+1 ATT) (1-handed)
- Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
- Leather Jerkin (+1 Def)
- Wizards Hat
- Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
- Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
- Goblin Ear (Dark Grey)

[tabs: Drinks(Kida)]
ATT: 2
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5
ITEMS:
Pirate Hook: +1 ATT, 1 handed (1H) weapon.[/tabs]
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7443
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 5

Postby spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:49 am

[s]Seeing that a precarious skipping across the stream is necessary to reach the other side, Laughs will return to the main building. He inspects the restraints to see if there is anyway they could be removed, or if anything useful could be gained from them. If so, he will loot what he can, otherwise he'll attempt to push the chest out to the ravine, intending to push it over to be used as an additional stepping stone.

"Heads up! *Hahhaheehehee* <shove>"[/s]
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11423
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: GAL: Q6 (Attack of the metal Beasts) Turn 5

Postby BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:00 am

[spoil]Note: A lot of my art work, is simply for the sake of pretty...In fact, it seems at times to me, that even if i plan on blowing it up, i would rather spend (and did) about an hour creating a perfect bridge rather than half-assing it..thus, the stream, is (at least to me) beautiful.

I say all this to now point you to the fact that i specifically said (Shallow Stream)....the rocks are just there to look pretty)[/spoil]
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7443
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest