Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 46

For all games that are now over.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 3

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:09 pm

RighteousOne will begin to cross the rope. But due to the spore cloud he will not go all the way. Instead he will use his own rope, tie it off in the middle, and use it to go down to the chest being careful not to get his rope, himself, or any of his possessions into the acid.

Also I noticed that in my inventory my helmet wasn't actually adding to my defense.
thinkslogically wrote:And suddenly the mushrooms were found to be completely safe and provided nothing but good things to the party...
Remind me never to trust you.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:09 pm

William will use the rope after RighteousOne but will drop when above the far bank of the pool, avoiding the spore cloud...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Okay, so I wasn't trying to get someone else to go first, I just had the impression (apparently wrongly so) that other people were in a hurry. Meaning I wanted Walks to let the others go first (because she's polite, not cowardly!), but go there herself last turn. Sorry if that wasn't clear from my wording, I'll try to do better in the future. :oops:

@ Chuck: Which rope do you want to tie off in the middle? I don't want you to untie my rope from the pier (nor from the other side). Never mind, I just read properly and you want to tie your rope to mine. That's fine. :thumbsup:

Actions:

Walks stands by to help Right and/or William in any way she can (e.g. fight off the centipede if it gets any ideas with a deliciously tasty goblin so close to its position, hold onto the rope so it doesn't take too much slack, try to pull him out of the acid if he does accidentally fall in, etc.). If they safely makes it to dry ground, and there's still space for her to stand there, too, she'll follow either one of them (if both ways are good, preferably the one up to the ladder), whenever the rope is clear of any other goblins (not sure it would take the weight of more than one of us).
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:34 am

Forges does not trust a rope put into a wall by an arrow, the amount of times he has heard stories of people trying it, it always dislodges because the persons weight is more than the effort that drove it into the wall.
Ignoring the rope Forges lowers himself carefully down and sees how buoyant the sign is, if it is safe to stand on he quickly moves across to the other side and jumps to the shore trying to keep low and covers his mouth with his hand to stop from breathing any spores.

"Hey guys, i know this may not be the time to discuss this, hell this isn't even a treasure hunt mission, but if we find anything valuable how we gonna split it?
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7)

Post by kida » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:05 am

The same as last turn

Drinks
will see if someone manage to find a safe way to cross the pool, and then he'll follow.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:32 am

Turn 4

Righteous One tests the rope, and then uses it to climb out halfway or so. Then he carefully ties off his own rope and drops cautiously down onto the chest and signboard. They seem able to support his weight for now, though they are a bit wobbly.

William decides to climb all the way to the far bank, but the arrow suddenly gives way as he's about halfway across and he lands on Righteous. Thankfully, the sign is there to catch them both!

Since neither of them make it to the far side, Walks remains where she is.

"Hey guys, i know this may not be the time to discuss this, hell this isn't even a treasure hunt mission, but if we find anything valuable how we gonna split it?

Forges feels vindicated in his choice to not use the rope, carefully climbs off the platform and carefully hops across to the other side of the pool without incident. He crawls to avoid the spore cloud, but he'd better hurry up because they're starting to fall... The green guy finally succumbs to the effects of the spores as well and topples over onto the ground, snoring loudly. Unfortunately, he bounces off the second mushroom on the way down which sends up a whole new cloud of spores! The other green guys hiss angrily and leave.

Drinks decides to follow Forges's example and follows him safely across the pool as well. He reaches the far side and immediately starts to feel incredibly tired...

-----------------------------------
INVENTORIES

.[tabs: Walks]

Stats:
ATT: 3 (axe) / 2 (bow)
DEF: 2
HP: 6/6

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
  • Skull
  • Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
  • Length of Rope
  • Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Simple Metal Ring: ??? (this is the ring of unquenchable thirst, if I understood TL correctly)
[tabs: William]

Stats:
ATT: 3
DEF: 3

Items:
  • Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
  • LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic)
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)
[tabs: Righteous]

Stats:
ATT: 2
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5

Items:
  • Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1-handed, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
  • Battle Standard
  • 2-handed shield (+1 DEF)
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • 2 Lengths of rope
[tabs: Drinks]

Stats:

Items:
  • Pirate Hook: +1 ATT, 1 handed (1H) weapon.
  • Simple Axe (+1 ATT) (1-handed)
  • Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
[tabs: Forges]

Stats:

Items:
  • Preserved Human Ear Necklace
  • Dashon's Blessing (+1 DEF)
  • A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
  • 3 important looking letters
  • "My first wand" wand
  • Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
  • 3 books of Evil Badness
  • Mace (+2 ATT)(1-handed)
  • Leather Jerkin (+1 DEF)
[/tabs]

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 4

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:43 am

Righteous One will angrily push William off of him, though careful enough not to throw him into the acid pool. He'll hastily gather up the ropes before they can sit in the acid. Then, he'll look for something on the chest he can tie his rope onto. If he still has actions he'll tie his rope to the chest, climb back up to the platform, and pull the chest up.

(don't expect to get all that done in 1 turn but not sure where the cut off would be)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:30 am

Drinks
will try to poke himself with the pirate hook to stay awake and sprint pass the mushrooms.
If he can't stay awake, he will try to fall asleep on the ground and not on the pool.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:31 pm

William will say...
"Sorry man, didn't want to fall on you"

He will then jump over to the far edge of the pond, take out his robe and cover his head with it such that he is breathing through the fabric so it acts as an anti-magic filter...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Keeping as low as possible Forges keeps on crawling until he gets the the other side out of the mushroom area. If get through and he has time he also checks out the blood and claw marks at the dge of screen
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:36 am

Walks pulls her own rope & arrow back in, and shoot it into the far bank (with the ladder) again. If successful and she still can do something, she'll use the rope as a hand-hold for safety measures while crossing the pond. As soon as she gets her feet on solid ground again, she covers her nose and mouth with her hand and is sure to keep her mouth closed and moves past the mushrooms and any more spore clouds as fast as she can without stirring up any more spores.

I'm pretty sure just pulling the arrow back and shooting it into the wall again will take one turn, but if it doesn't I don't want to lose actions. It's already embarrassing enough that we're still stuck with crossing the pond/pool in Turn 5. Well, Walks is. ^^*
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 5

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Turn 5

Walks pulls her arrow and rope back in again and fires it at the far back again. This time the arrow ricochets off one of the rungs and bounces ineffectually into the goop.

"Sorry man, didn't want to fall on you"

William pulls his robe out to cover his face, and leaps over to the far side of the pool. He immediately begins to feel lethargic.

Drinks jabs himself with his pirate hook to stay awake and makes a dash through the spores. He feels oddly light as he charges through the mushrooms, but manages to get to the other side without collapsing.

Righteous pulls the ropes out of the goo, which burns his hands painfully and reduces him to 4/5 HP. The rope doesn't seem to be damaged from its brief submersion in the pool, but it'll probably take a little while to dry out...

Forges stands up, takes a step forward and falls straight back down again, fast asleep.

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Skull
  • Length of Rope
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Simple Metal Ring: ??? (this is the ring of unquenchable thirst, if I understood TL correctly)

Stats:

Items:
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)

Stats:
HP: 4/5

Items:
  • Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1-handed, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
  • Battle Standard
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • 2 Lengths of rope

Stats:

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:25 pm

"Come on guys, it's not time to sleep.."
Drinks
will take a few moments to recover from the spores affect.

"Walks - if you throw me the rope I can try to attach it to something secure on this side. I could also try to pull some of the sleepers over here."

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:49 pm

After burning his hands, Righteous One curses under his breath about William's weight. He will look for something on the chest he can tie his rope onto. He'll tie his other rope to the chest, climb back up to the platform, and pull the chest up.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:48 pm

William runs to the other side of the space avoiding striking any of the mushrooms on the way...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:43 pm

Erm....guess I sleep/try and wake up... I did say crawling and not standing if that made a difference, but i guessing not.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:05 am

Muttering under her breath about bad luck, Walks pulls her rope & arrow back in, attempting to protect her hands from the goop with the rim of her cloak.
If the rope is not too heavy/unhandily by the goop, she'll shoot the arrow into the far bank again, aiming carefully between the rungs.
If the goop made the rope too heavy, or she would hurt herself in handling it any further, she leaves it on the pier for now to dry it out, mutters some more and gets the arrow out of the knot (wipe it off first, if necessary).

@ Chuck: are you sure it's a good idea to try and remove the chest? So far it's - together with the sign - the only thing that allowed us safe passage of the pool.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 am

Patdragon wrote:I did say crawling and not standing if that made a difference, but i guessing not.
It didn't help you this time I'm afraid.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:53 am

GathersIngredients wrote:@ Chuck: are you sure it's a good idea to try and remove the chest? So far it's - together with the sign - the only thing that allowed us safe passage of the pool.
Apparently your rope held fine until we had the weight of 2 goblins in it. So if you and I cross 1 at a time we should be ok.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:00 am

If anyone wants to poke/ kick awake or move forges that'd be great thanks....
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 6

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Turn 6

"Come on guys, it's not time to sleep... Walks - if you throw me the rope I can try to attach it to something secure on this side. I could also try to pull some of the sleepers over here."

Drinks shakes off the effects of the mushrooms. As far as he can tell at least.

Righteous looks for something on the chest that he can tie his 2nd rope onto, but the chest is too far sunk in the goo for him to be able to reach anything.

William makes a run through the mushrooms and successfully manages to get through to the other side.

Forges continues to nap. The spores from both mushrooms begin to settle around his sleeping body.

Walks grumbles and pulls the rope / arrow back in and tries to fire it into the far side again. It sticks in this time, but it doesn't look very secure.

The centipede appears to have finished doing whatever it was doing before and starts skuttling around the roof.

So it looks like imgur has gone to hell tonight, so the images will be delayed until it comes back. If you want to hold off on your actions until then, I don't mind.

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
  • Skull
  • Length of Rope

Stats:

Items:
  • Withering Touch

Stats:
HP: 4/5

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • 2 Lengths of rope

Stats:

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Kida, Could I borrow Drink's hook?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:52 pm

sure - do you want me to throw it over to you? we might lose the hook this way...

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:51 pm

I could throw the end of the rope over and you could tie it on the end. That was kinda my intention anyways.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:08 pm

I carry on heroically sleeping.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem