Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 46

For all games that are now over.
Quarg

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 18

Post by Quarg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:23 am

William replies, "Ah, well someone back at the entrance was looking for Mr. Swampy actually and I was hoping you were him. Anyway why did those two fellows with the lamp seem to take a dislike to you?"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 19

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:19 am

Turn 19

Walks picks up the cracked fish-thing-egg and pops it in her inventory, checks on the spore cloud (definitely still there) and then crawls through the blue stuff to the right. As she arrives, she disturbs a group of small, spiny, bat-like creatures, some of which fly up towards her.

Righteous climbs down to speak to the green guy.

"There were some green guys who ran off this way, can you tell us anything about them."
"Of course! They are upstanding members of the local horticultural group and are my best friends!"
"Ah, well someone back at the entrance was looking for Mr. Swampy actually and I was hoping you were him. Anyway why did those two fellows with the lamp seem to take a dislike to you?"
"I believe they were intimidated by my height. But don't worry, they'll be back soon!"

Unable to contain himself, Forges blurts out:

"Are you a rainmaker then?"

Up above, Drinks adventures onwards. Cut off from the ESP of his compatriots, he quickly discovers that his rat eyes don't work quite as well as his goblin ones and he can't see much down here in the dark. His nose however, is much more sensitive and almost overwhelmed by the smell of rotten, smelly swamp water and plants. Above all that though, he catches a whiff of fresh air and cooking wafting through the tunnel ahead of him. Nice!

----------------------------------

INVENTORIES

.[tabs: Walks]

Stats:
ATT: 3 (axe) / 2 (bow)
DEF: 1
HP: 4/6

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x2, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
  • Skull
  • Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.
[tabs: William]

Stats:
ATT: 3
DEF: 3
HP: 5/5

Items:
  • Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
  • LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic), currently full of Mystery Mushroom Spores
  • Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 2/3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)
[tabs: Righteous]

Stats:
ATT: 4
DEF: 2
HP: 3/5

Items:
  • Scorpion Blade: +2ATT, 25% chance to poison an enemy. 1H dagger.
  • Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1H, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
  • Battle Standard
  • 2-handed shield (+1 DEF)
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • 1 Length of rope with a pirate hook on the end
[tabs: Drinks]

Stats:
ATT: 2

Items:
  • Ring of Transmogrification: Transforms the wearer
  • Simple Axe (+1 ATT) (1-handed)
  • Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
  • Empty pouch: x3
  • Pouch of mushroom spores
[tabs: Forges]

Stats:

Items:
  • Human? bones: Taken from 2 skeletons
  • 4 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • Preserved Human Ear Necklace
  • A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
  • 3 important looking letters
  • "My first wand" wand
  • Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
  • 3 books of Evil Badness
  • Mace (+2 ATT)(1-handed)
  • Leather Jerkin (+1 DEF)
[/tabs].
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 7

Post by kida » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:45 am

Drinks
the rat tries to jump over the swamp water.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:23 am

I'm suddenly reminded of the Croods. :paranoia:

Walks holds out the skull from her inventory at arms length to the creatures and cautiously watches them approach, slightly uneasy because of the carcasses next to the chest. If they turn hostile, retreat to the previous screen. If they are just curious, try to examine them, when they are close.

If she retreated and still can do something, climb down (if the cloud settled by now) or pick up the other orb.

(OOC: The inventory isn't up to date. Walks shouldn't have the healing salve (used it) and the rope (tied to the pier and the ladder rung atm.) anymore, and the fishy orb(s) is(/are) missing. Also I'm pretty sure one of the arrows was used in the rat fight and didn't get picked up again yet, so she only should have 2 by now. Other things might be off, but those are what I noticed off the top of my head.)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:30 am

hmm.... not sure what to do here...so will wait and see what other peoples plans are first. OOC: i hope those things are not what i think they are...my first ever character died to blood draining stirges.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:51 am

William will then ask..."So what is further down this tunnel?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 20

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Turn 20

Drinks makes an attempt to leap over the swamp water, slips on the bank and splooshes into the swamp. Fortunately, the water seems to just be water. Unfortunately, there seems to be something else in here. Drinks's whiskers detect something in the water moving towards him...

"So what is further down this tunnel?"
"Oh! You'd love it! There's a little grove of fireflies that make the most wonderful honey! Definitely, DEFINITELY worth seeing."

Forges watches and waits.

Righteous spaces out.

Walks holds out the skull towards the little creatures. They buzz loudly and all swarm up towards her. Seven of the creatures land on her and bite her! They don't manage to get through her defences, but the others are closing in fast.

Walks retreats to the left, followed by the little bat-things where she is rather dismayed to find that the spore cloud is STILL there. This doesn't look good...

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x2, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Skull
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.

Stats:

Items:
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 2/3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)

Stats:

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • 4 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs].
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Drinks
the rat get out of the water as quick as he can and runs back to the area where the other goblins are located.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Damn internet went down and by the time comcast came out to fix it I only had time for a couple posts and missed posting for this game. *shakes fist at unreliable cable company*

RighteousOne will take his grappling hook and try to climb up to drinks is and head over to help him out.

ooc: (I'm tempted to go right but I figure we shouldn't split up too much)
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Walks retreats to the left and there (hoping the rest of them won't follow) whacks as many of the creatures off her body as she can, using the axe (unless she would risk to knock herself back).

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:05 pm

William looks at the fellow..."so where did the fellows with the lamp go...down this tunnel or the one up above? They haven't been all that friendly to some of us visitors."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:19 pm

OOC; damn it forgot to update.
@ quarg- We saw them go down the lower tunnel.
@ chuck isn't the pirate hook rope still above the spore cloud

Forges debates several things going back and helping walks is possible if the cloud has shifted, jumping across to the other ledge is dangerous. and trying to walk past this rainmaker orge /giant thing. None of these sound that appealing but staying where he is is rather boring now so...
"ennie, meenie, mineie, moo, stepped in dung so that was eewe, I shall pick this thing to do"
Forges decides to try and simple walk past the orge thing to the right, although the thought of using his head as a stepping stone seem like a good idea he he would only move a bit to the left.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Patdragon wrote:@ chuck isn't the pirate hook rope still above the spore cloud
Walk's rope is strung across. Of my two ropes one his hanging down, the other is the one with the hook and still in my inventory.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:08 am

GathersIngredients wrote:OOC:
► Show Spoiler
...Ummmm... She did? I don't know what you want me to say to this. You stayed in the screen with (hostile) creatures that attacked while you were offering your skull. As a result of the attack, you retreated left. Since most of the creatures were either attached to you or hadn't acted yet, they followed her through.

Walks did exactly what you told me to have her do.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:38 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:54 am

Do you know why this is confusing? It's because half the update (which contained ALL of this information) has magically disappeared... Hang on.

EDIT: And fixed. Sorry about that, hopefully it makes more sense now! I genuinely couldn't understand why you thought she hadn't retreated, but then it is very early in the morning still :)

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:23 am

OOC:
This update makes more sense but things not looking good for Walks.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 am

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:
But... didn't Walks pick up at least one of the orbs, or even both?

Anyhow...
Action:
Walks, growing a little desperate, takes a deep breath, mentally steels herself, then covers her mouth and nose with her hand as much as possible (and the rim of her cloak, unless that would diminish it's defensive qualities), and climbs down the ladder, the rope (probably jumping the last bit, so she can hold her nose with her fingers) and makes it through the spore cloud as fast as she can. On the other side (next the triangular guy), she tries to fight the effects of the spores, in case she breathed in any, and whacks any attacking/nearby bat-thingies with the axe - preferably back into the cloud.

OOC: Since she fought the centipede and now the bat thingies, I would really appreciate it if Walks could get at least PART of what the chest in the bat-thingy cave contains. She already fought the rats a little bit and got nothing out of it but bite marks. :P Just in case Walks goes nuts from the spores (AND survives all this dead people don't need stuff, although apparently they hang onto what they have really hard :lol: ).
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:18 pm

She picked up the broken one, and I forgot to remove it. Never mind, I'll fix it.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:53 pm

OOC: William knows that but he's trying to confirm his belief that this guy is lying through his teeth...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 21

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Turn 21

Drinks scampers out of the water as fast as his little ratty feet will carry him and flees back to the area above Solomon.

Righteous pulls out his grappling hook and tries to lasso the ledge above him, but Solomon catches the rope.

"Woah there friend! You really, definitely don't want to go up there!"
"so where did the fellows with the lamp go...down this tunnel or the one up above? They haven't been all that friendly to some of us visitors."
"Fellows with a lamp? You mean my friends? They wanted to go down the corridor behind me but I didn't see where they went."

"ennie, meenie, mineie, moo, stepped in dung so that was eewe, I shall pick this thing to do"

Forges heads down and walks past Solomon to the right...

"There you go! That's a man who's made a very sensible choice!"

He arrives in a new area.

Walks is swarmed by the beasties who chew through her cloak and defenses and do 2 DAM, knocking her down to 2/6 HP! She attempts to flee...

Climbing down the ladder, she gasps a lungful of fresh air and drops into the spore cloud, bouncing and rolling through it to safety... The spores itch and burn, but thankfully don't seem to have done any harm! Hooray! The little bat-creatures weren't quite so lucky. Four of them have managed to cling on to Walks, but the rest have detached. Most have escaped out of the spore cloud, but three appear to have taken the full brunt of the effects and are now flying quite erratically...

INVENTORIES

Stats:
HP: 2/6

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x2, +1 ATT)
  • Skull

Stats:

Items:
  • Withering Touch

Stats:

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • 4 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs].

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:50 pm

"Perhaps not, but one of my companions is caught up there, and I can't leave him. Why is it you think I shouldn't go up there?"

ooc: I don't really trust Solomon. He's trying to direct us to a dead end where others obviously met their doom, seemingly by some white gunk?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Walking forwards a little having first seen a what looks to be a bag or a hatch forges suddenly stops himself just short of the second overhang... something didn't feel right, did the air just wobble... in front of him. Taking out one of the important looking letter and rolling it up into a tight ball he throws it forwards at the wobbly air.

When its stick in the air (*couch- gelatinous cube-cough*) he will edge backwards back the the others and then ask a weird question of

"That way looks a little small for you Solomon is that how you came in here?"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:59 pm

Walks runs to the (lower) right, hoping the remaining creatures don't follow, and tries to get the four still clinging to her off her, by use of any means that work but don't hurt herself (knock back axe, torch, bow and arrows? O.o or the help of another goblin, if offered). If she still got time, she'll pick up the arrow she shot earlier in the fight with the rats.

(OOC: That went a little better than I thought on the passing through the spore cloud stunt unaffected, and a little worse on the damage front. If not for the salve, Walks'd be dead by now. :paranoia: I hope we find some means of healing soon.)
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 am

Drinks
the rat waits to see what the big guy is doing.

OOC:
I think we should stay together as a group, it seems we have a lot of hostiles around.