GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 3)

Post by Nerre » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:36 am

Remedy runs to aid Steals and tries to flank the rat, so she can hit it from behind or the side.
If Steals manges to kill the rat on his own before she reaches him, she will help those still facing the remaining moscitos.
:zzz:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:09 am

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:23 am

► Show Spoiler

Just a heads up to everyone, (and I'll put this in the opening page to this thread), but turns consist of move, minor and major actions. I just want to clarify for this game to keep things running smoothly.

Move: just what it sounds like... move to something/someone, etc.

Minor: Swapping out items, etc. Pretty much anything that I deem not to be time consuming enough to constitute a major action.

Major: Item usage/activation, attacking, etc. Anything that I deem to be fairly time intensive.

A turn is ended when:
-Character's stated actions are completed.
-Character has used up their allotment of move, minor, major actions for the turn. (If you post two major actions, the first will be completed, and second will have to wait until next turn. If you forgo some actions, I may allow you to do more of others {ie, double move w/no minor major, extra minors w/no major, etc.}).

-Character moves to a new area.
-Character attacks.

The last two are the ones that I saw the most of in this turn...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat!

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:30 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 4

The mosquito hovering around Leaves makes another pass at him, but still doesn't manage to get in to bite.

Costa rushes to All's aid, with a swing of Bloodsong, the head of the mosquito attempting to feed on her is parted from it's body, which falls to the ground with a thump. It's a good thing he is so graceful and skilled with his blade!

"Ick. I demand a good cleaning and a bath in some high quality blood after this! The things I put up with..."

Relieved of the mosquito attached to her, All is about to hit the mosquito flying about her again when it bursts mid air, spattering her and Costa with mosquito guts. She shrugs and moves over to attack the one that is pestering Mines. She hits it solidly, briefly knocking it to the ground before it resumes flight and heads back towards Mines.
► Show Spoiler
The mosquito on Leaves begins to feed, its abdomen starting to swell. Leaves is at 4/5 HP.

Leaves attacks the mosquito, driving both blades into it, rending the mosquito apart. His arms are covered in his own blood that he liberated from the gut of the insect.

As the mosquito rebounds from All's attack, Mines puts his fist right through it and wears that sucker like a glove.

Remedy heads over to the left to help Steals, but isn't able to attack the rat just yet.
► Show Spoiler

Steals slices the rat again, the blood drying quickly on his Burning Blade. The rat's attack is once again unsuccessful... it eyes the approaching Remedy hungrily.

► Show Spoiler

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
HP: 5/5
ATT: 4
DEF: 1
Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
DEF: 0
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4 (mace) or 3 (bow)
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
HP: 4/5
ATT: 2 / 2 (25% to miss)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3
DEF: 4
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
ATT: 2
DEF: 3
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 4)

Post by WearsHats » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:39 am

"Eww. That was most unpleasant. I hope I don't get any diseases from this. That's what I get for taking the belt instead of a real weapon. Ah, well. The price you pay for pacifism."

Mines looks around and, seeing the last mosquito greatly outnumbered, takes the time to heal Leaves. (Is that a major or a minor action?) If the mosquito is downed, he will move on to assist with the rat.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:20 am

Steals notice the intent of the rat and will try to block it from attacking Remedy (if not possible then attack with shield and weapon)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:38 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:41 am

costa whipes the blood and guts off him and bloodsong

hush now dear, i'll get you some of the good stuff soon

he checks over the dead bugs to see if they have anything that would be consider usefull or valuble
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:46 pm

Remedy swings her axe in an upward motion, so she can hit the rat and stop it from biting her at the same time.

If the rat does not turn to her, she will attack it from behind with a swing to its spine.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:02 pm

Leaves will fight off the remaining mosquito, attempting to dodge it and shiv it if it gets too close.

He will attempt to salvage a mosquito proboscis from one of the corpses if he is successful in killing it.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:52 am

All will go and inspect the pile of nasty stuff that has already been poked about at, now that the (immediate) threats are (mostly) dealt with. She wants to see if there are any clues or items in amongst the dessicated flesh and bones.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat!

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 5

The mosquito once again fails to get past Leaves defenses.

Costa cleans Bloodsong slightly and inspects the dead insects. Each one is about the length of his forearm from head to tip of abdomen, as to whether there is anything useful there... it would likely depend on what one wished to do with them. Most of the mosquito corpses are a bit mangled, but probably would be edible, if that was your kind of thing. Costa can't recall if the mouse chef will accept insect corpses or not. The 'middle finger long' sucking mouthparts are quite pointy and might have some use... the wings might be able to be used for something... Could always collect them now and thrown them out if they don't have a use later. :shrug:

All heads over to inspect the mound of silk, but to her slight surprise, finds that it is not as desiccated as she assumed, and most of the flesh contained within is rather ripe, some of it sloughing off the bones. Something seems a bit odd about the way the silk covers the mound as well... If she wished to search further, it would likely mean getting a bit messy.

Leaves lunges for the mosquito that has been plaguing him, his first blade skittering off its exoskeleton, but his second blade bites deep. However, the insect is still on the wing.

Mines calls upon the healing powers of his hat. The propeller on spins faster and faster, surrounding itself with a warm golden glow... as Mines touches Leaves' shoulder, the light swarms down his hat, twining around Mine's arm as it passes into Leaves, pulsing brightly for a moment before fading... leaving the bite site completely unmarked.

Suspecting the rat may attempt to attack a less well armored foe, Steals goes for an all out attack on the rat to try to put it down before it can tear into Remedy. As he lunges forward with his Burning Blade, it sizzles as it parts the rat's flesh, the rodent shrieking in pain as the blade cauterizes its own wound. Its pain is brief however, as he follows through with his shield. He slams it into the ground, and the bladed edge cleanly severs the rat's head from its body.

Remedy growls low in her throat, a bit miffed that the rat had the gall to die so quickly before she got to paint the forest with its blood.

► Show Spoiler

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
DEF: 0
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4 (mace) or 3 (bow)
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
ATT: 2 / 2 (25% to miss)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3
DEF: 4
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
ATT: 2
DEF: 3
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 5)

Post by WearsHats » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:46 pm

If the mosquito is still buzzing around when it's my turn to act, I'll hit it. Else, I'll break off a branch and use it to clear some of the web off the mound.
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:49 pm

WearsHats wrote:(Love the description of the hat's IME.)
Good! I thought it ought to be something more than 'Mines heals Leaves.'. :D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Edited the post with a quick question.

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:03 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:16 pm

Steals takes the rat and investigates the log for epic loot. If that's not available, turn expectations down and hope for regular loot.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:25 am

Leaves will continue attacking the mosquito, and as mentioned earlier will see if he can salvage a proboscis if successful. Once all combat is over, he will offer a small mushroom to All and make a hand gesture indicating berries, proposing a trade of 2 berries for a mushroom.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:46 am

Remedy cuts of the rats tail as a souvenir while keeping her eyes open for more. ÔÇ£good thing i came by, even if i only diatracted it. Are you ok?ÔÇ£. If he is hurt she tries and offera to bandage him. ÔÇ£We should not spli up too much, the others got attacked b gigantic moscitos. I got stung but cut it in half.ÔÇ£

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:17 am

sorry blood costa says as he takes off the bugs mouth sucker thing and it's wings

I hate bugs
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:38 am

"I'm fine Remedy, I'm well enough equipped that even an oversized rat won't be a match. It hardly even left a scratch on my shield. I'm sure we can split up a bit till the spiders and maybe even after. Should we check out the path that we definitely shouldn't check according to the halfling?"

Steals yells so the others can hear the suggestion.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:42 am

Synch wrote:Leaves will continue attacking the mosquito, and as mentioned earlier will see if he can salvage a proboscis if successful.
And as mentioned earlier, an attack ends your turn, so won't be able to salvage a proboscis the same turn you kill a skeeter. ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:25 am

Theis2 wrote:"I'm fine Remedy, I'm well enough equipped that even an oversized rat won't be a match. It hardly even left a scratch on my shield. I'm sure we can split up a bit till the spiders and maybe even after. Should we check out the path that we definitely shouldn't check according to the halfling?"

Steals yells so the others can hear the suggestion.

"Well, maybe i am the one not well equipped enough amd who does not want tovstay on her own...somehow that makes me very angry. Strange, normally i am very calm. Maybe this strange forest. Also i think the spiders wont wait for us to regroup once we face them, so counting on that option is no good idea. And stupid ideas make me rage!!!! erm...sorry."
If there is enough time, she collects claws and teeth for schamanistic devotional objects. (So with the first post it is: tail, teeth, claws)

She also checks the new area for spiderwebs, including looking up.

OOC: Remedy is slightly confused by the berserker effect, in case you are wondering.
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:38 am

"We should remember to take some corpses back for the mouse's garden. ... Man, that sounds weird. I'm not sure how much we can carry, but once we've dealt with the immediate danger, we should grab some. I wonder if the mouse can use mosquito corpses to make vampiric healing potions? That could be... Come to think, that could be a terrible idea. "

► Show Spoiler