GAL: Quest 1 (Completed)

For all games that are now over.
Quarg

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 7)

Post by Quarg » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:11 pm

[OOC: So if we send the wounded back to the inn they have to figure out how to heal themselves? egad...
OOC2: I have no clue why I said Walks when I meant William...[sarcasm]it is my attempt to GODMOD!!!![/sarcasm]
But apologies...]
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:15 pm

► Show Spoiler
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:56 pm

[OOC: Oh, well, then I guess I misunderstood you, too. Apologies for that. If we are playing co-operative, you don't even need to 'owe' me something in return.
I just didn't want to give away my stuff if others would want something in return for theirs. -> more competitive gaming style]

Addendum: Walks passes one healing potion to Odd.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:04 pm

[OOC - I am almost always in favor of cooperative rather than competitive gameplay. Its just more fun that way]

Odd will take the potion, drink it all down, and say "Thanks! I definitely owe you one." He will help with disassembling of the chest and mention We should grab that dungeon sign before we leave and bring it back with us too. It would be a great trophy for the guild."
Last edited by SGTdude on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:20 am

The difficulty is scaled to be appropriate to your level, but I usually use dice rolls to determine targets so there is an element of luck involved as well.

Also, when you hit 0HP you'll die, so there's no stabilising rules or anything in play here.

Whenever you return to the Inn, you'll be auto-healed back to full. If you leave in the middle of a mission (which won't always be possible), you'll forfeit any reward and be unable to return to that dungeon to complete the mission.

I'll add all this to the rules section shortly.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:53 am

Well...Im definitely going to be very careful about getting into combat inthe future. I had my eyes on killing that big spider before but now? Screw that! I want to finish this and get back home safely!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 8)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Turn 8

During a fairly confusing turn in which Odd and Walks think about doing lots of things and then change their minds, the following events actually transpire as far as I can tell:

Wears gives Odd one of her healing potions and collects the remaining three rat corpses. She then tries to disassemble one of the chests, but it seems they're held together with magic dungeon glue and they cannot be broken apart.

Odd puts on the leather armour, collects a rat corpse and drinks his healing potion. He now has 4HP!

William decides that looting a rat corpse would be exactly as beneficial as having a dead rat in his pockets and heads down to talk to the doorman again.

"Listen I need to talk to the Trolls on the other side of the door, but your under orders not to open it until this gnome problem is taken care of. So what if me and my associates can assist you in ending these gnome raids upon your laundry? Because I know that you Trolls have some outstanding debts that have not been properly taken care of, though it appears the reason is your under seige."
"WELL I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANY DEBTS, BUT IF YOU CAN FIND A WAY TO STOP THE GNOMES FROM STEALING OUR UNDERPANTS ALL THE DAMN TIME THEN I GUESS WE'D HAVE NO NEED TO KEEP THE DOOR LOCKED ANY MORE. IT CERTAINLY WOULD BE NICE TO GO BACK INSIDE. I'VE BEEN STANDING OUT HERE FOR WEEKS!"

Downstairs, Mines continues with his own Adventures in Diplomacy.

Thanks for the tip, Rork. Now, I'm probably going to regret this, but, if you don't mind, I'm going to try talking to the gnomes. This stalemate isn't helping anyone. Maybe we can work something out.
It's a free dungeon, be my guest. But if you don't mind, I'm just going to stand over here a bit with my fingers in my ears. Can't stand those squeaky little bastards!
Hello over there! Can you hear me? Can we talk? I'd like to help, if I can.
"Hear you? Of course we can hear you! And you can hear us, so piss off!"
"Yeah! Stupid dwarf troll! What could you POSSIBLY help us with?"

-------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Stats & Loot [Items in red are currently equipped]
.[tabs: Odd Duck]
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
HP: 4/5

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Leather Armour (+1 DEF)
Rat Corpse (x1)

[tabs: Walks With The Wind]

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Healing potions (x1, Restore 2-4HP)
Rat Corpses (x3)

[tabs: william]
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x6, +1 ATT)

[tabs: Mines Flagons]

ITEMS: none[/tabs]

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Sorry TL.

I will go collect the other poky skull stick (again, in case anyone needs it) and see if there is any way the dungeon sign can be dislodged (cuz I totally want to take that back to the inn). If it cant, I will go down the stairs to join Mines.

Edited: Quarg you can have a stick too if you want.
Last edited by SGTdude on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:48 pm

William will go and step over the button in the floor...take a skull from Odd and go down the ladder to join Mines in the Mine.

William will reply..."Hello Gnomes, I have a question, why are you stealing Troll Underwear if you think that their smelly?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Well, you know, standing here guarding this bridge can't possibly be fun for you. And if you are taking the troll's laundry, you must have a reason. Also, I can't help but notice that there's a giant spider trying to eat your friend.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:36 am

When every goblin has cleared the button, Walks will walk up to Brek so he can hear her, and inform him that she is about to try and push the button, and that he might want to get out of the way, so he doesn't get hurt.
After giving him time to move (if he wants to), Walks positions herself on the ramp, right above the button, and throws the skull from her inventory onto the button. She is also ready to get out of the way of whatever this will trigger.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:59 am

► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:57 pm

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 9)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:35 am

Turn 9

Odd heads up to the entrance and collects the last remaining skull-on-a-stick (and gives the skull to William). He then turns his attention to the entrance sign and discovers that although it's too big to carry in his inventory, it's pretty easy to dislodge. He can either carry it around in his arms for now or leave it here until they're ready to leave.

Walks waits for the others to get out of the way and then decides to experiment with the Big Red Button. Brek seems entirely unfussed about the whole affair, so she leaves him to it and drops a skull onto the button from above. With a metallic <SHINK!> 8 spikes shoot out of the wall before retracting again.

Down below, William takes his brand-new skull to the Troll Bridge and joins in with the diplomacy.

"Hello Gnomes, I have a question, why are you stealing Troll Underwear if you think that their smelly?"
"Are you dense? We've been taking it BECAUSE it's smelly! We have a pretty decent laundry down here, and after all, who wants stinky neighbours?!"
Well, you know, standing here guarding this bridge can't possibly be fun for you. And if you are taking the troll's laundry, you must have a reason. Also, I can't help but notice that there's a giant spider trying to eat your friend.
"...Well... Yeah... That spider has been becoming a problem recently. We can usually deal with the stingers, but now that the spider's started eating us as well, AND the fact that we're just trying to keep the place tidy on top of all that, we've been spread pretty thin lately."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Leather Armour (+1 DEF)
Rat Corpse (x1)

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Rat Corpses (x3)

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x6, +1 ATT)

Skull

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:58 am

Huh.

So it seems I forgot that today was Saturday. Oh well, bonus update!

Back on Monday if you all post actions, otherwise you can consider this to be Monday's update and we'll resume on Tuesday.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:00 am

Walks moves down and picks the skull back up, avoiding the blades, just in case they come out again when the button is released.
Then she climbs down the ladder to where William and Mines are negotiating. She says "Hi, I'm Walks With The Wind, and I would like to help you guys out." to the new troll and the gnomes, and adds to the gnomes: "How about we try to get rid of the spider for you, and you give the trolls their underwear back, after you laundered them?"
If the gnomes agree, Walks pushes the button on this side of the bridge.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:14 am

[Thinking to self: While I am tempted to bring the sign, it is unwieldy...at least as I am now. Better leave it here and just grab it later.

Odd will go down and join the others and visually inspect the skeletons from his side of the bridge.
Last edited by SGTdude on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:01 am

William I think a better solution needs to be found to the smell poblem, because your clandestine underwear washing has put the Trolls in a state of siege...and Trolls under siege are only going to smell worse...cramped up in stuffy rooms and standing around on sentry duty without time to wash...Yeh, I'd say the law of unintended consequences has bitten here....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:50 am

I have to agree with my friends here. If you guys have a good laundry and want things clean so much, would you be willing to do the trolls' laundry and return it to them? Maybe we can find something they'd be willing to give you in return.

Any thoughts on that, Rork? Would you trolls be willing to help take care of the spider, maybe? Or trade something for laundry services? I bet there's a lot you can do that they can't because of your size.

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 10)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Turn 10

Walks carefully collects her skull without injury and heads downstairs with Odd.

"I think a better solution needs to be found to the smell poblem, because your clandestine underwear washing has put the Trolls in a state of siege...and Trolls under siege are only going to smell worse...cramped up in stuffy rooms and standing around on sentry duty without time to wash...Yeh, I'd say the law of unintended consequences has bitten here...."
"Who cares as long as they keep their doors shut?"
"...Actually, he might have a point... They'll have to come out eventually, and when they do the neighbourhood is really going go to hell... "
"Hi, I'm Walks With The Wind, and I would like to help you guys out. How about we try to get rid of the spider for you, and you give the trolls their underwear back, after you laundered them?"
I have to agree with my friends here. If you guys have a good laundry and want things clean so much, would you be willing to do the trolls' laundry and return it to them? Maybe we can find something they'd be willing to give you in return."
"DEAL with the trolls?! You've got to be mad!"
"But wouldn't it be great to get rid of that spider? That might just be crazy enough to work. I'll tell you what, I'll go and speak to our Chief and see what he says."

The gnome scampers off.

Any thoughts on that, Rork? Would you trolls be willing to help take care of the spider, maybe? Or trade something for laundry services? I bet there's a lot you can do that they can't because of your size.

Rork visibly shudders at the thought.

"Bleugh! No way. NO WAY. There isn't enough clean underwear in the world to get me to go near that damn spider. Listen - we call it Nibbles because it's funny to wind up those gnomes, but there's not a troll in this mountain that'll get any closer to it than they have to. That's why we keep it down here. It's just got too many legs. Not natural at all! yeurgh.... Anyway, it's not up to me. You'll need to speak to the Boss. They won't let you in but there's a kind of speaking-tube that'll let you talk through the door."

The gnome comes back.

"Right. I've spoken to the Chief and he says that the goblins are allowed to cross the bridge to discuss their terms, as long as all the trolls stay on their side of the bridge and you promise to wipe your feet and use this hand sanitiser before you touch anything on our side."

Odd ignores all the talking and glares intently at the skeletons. They look bony.

Walks presses the bridge button and heads across the bridge to the gnomes.

-----------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Leather Armour (+1 DEF)
Rat Corpse (x1)

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Rat Corpses (x3)
Skull

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x6, +1 ATT)

Skull

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:48 pm

"Splendid. Now, where's the hand sanitizer and what exactly should I wipe my feet on?" Walks asks the gnomes and grabs one of the torches. "Also, can you tell me something about those green flying things, please? If I were to attack one of them, would the rest of them swarm me?"
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:51 pm

William turns to Roak, "I think its more important that you'll deal with gnomes...the spider...eh, the spider is only going to become more problemaitc for everyone eventually anyway so it might be best if we deal with it." He then crosses the bridge to also get details on troll -gnome relations.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:18 pm

What would happen if we found a way to blow the stingers towards the spider? Or lure the spider close to the stingers?

Alteratively, how hard would it be to shoot the spider from across the acid pit?

Mines will wait for an answer, and then head upladder to talk even more.

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

I will follow walks but cant resist the temptation to ask the gnomes a question.

"So what are the skeletons there for? And what is in the chest they are guarding?"

[Edit - sorry about using different colors. I think I have gone back and fixed it all. I just forgot where to find my color on the table.]

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:41 pm

► Show Spoiler