GAL: Quest 3 - Finished (please move)

For all games that are now over.
Patdragon
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 3 - Turn 22

Post by Patdragon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:26 am

Assuming a 2 room move action with minor action (3 if simply running.)

Turn 22- Move into potion room help out laugh catch potion, and move back to wall room
turn 23- Move/run up to dining room.
turn 24- Run out of building assuming door is open.

or
turn 22----run
turn 23 ---- run open and front door ready for every one else
turn 25 ---Go outside
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:36 am

Turn 22-24: Get out and help Robert if that does not slow us down to much (Remedy expect the others to help as well). We might need that informant. Actually I expect he only needs help to get up the ladder. After that he can roll on his own again, so we can focus on running and getting the hell out of there. Forget about the potion for now.
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:29 am

Since the red potion may be important...

Turn 22- Knock the potion off the shelf with the rod, attempt to catch it (or allow Forges to help)... then book it the hell out of there.
Turn 23 - Keep running... help getting ladder man up to the first floor and head for the door.
Turn 24 - If he's to the front door and it's open, get the hell out... if it's still locked, throw the red potion (if they caught it) at the window and hope it does something that will let them out? Perhaps better to have Costa look at it first with the glasses and see if anything can be determined...
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:33 am

We can try. 2 help Robert out, 2 try to get the potion out. That we all want to make it out in time is out of question I think. :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 am

Nerre wrote:We can try. 2 help Robert out, 2 try to get the potion out. That we all want to make it out in time is out of question I think. :)
Yes, we all want out... but do we have any reason to think the front door is open now? I'd hate to rush up there, then find out that we needed the red potion in order to make it out.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 am

But if it is not, we might waste much time. Also much green stuff is spilled there, so it is risky to touch it. Also I would not dare swallowing it. :)
So maybe we really should do it as 2 teams, one getting the red potion and then running after the others, while they help robert up. If the door/windows still are protected, we can still drink it. Just don't drink it right away.

Better two options than one.

PS: We hit the window before trying to get out. Maybe the force was stored in the protection spell and got free when it ended:
"and the sound of breaking glass comes from the doorway"
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 am

costa follows the plan and legs it , helping remedy with Robert, if getting him up the ladder will take more then one turn, he will abonded him and drag remedy with him out of the building

i'm on the split up option here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Quest 3 - End...For now

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:40 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
With some fancy maneuvering, Laughs succesfully knocks the potion from the shelf, and Forges catches it as it falls. They both then move back to the middle room.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Remedy and Costa move to the right and slowly help Robert up the ladder, he is able to use his one arm to hold onto the ladder, which help them move him to the now empty dining room. They then make a dash for it and, finding the front door unlocked, escape with Robert.
► Show Spoiler
Forges and Laughs put some speed in their step, they race to the ladder, crawl up it as fast as possible and make it to the main room, which also looks sad and lonely without all of the furniture.
Forges and Laughs escape, but not without getting a token from the house. Both of them suddenly feel a tingling in their ears and as they reach up, find that they each have had their right ear turn to wood.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
The group escapes.

Stats & Loot
.[tabs: Remedy(Nerre)]
ATT: 1 (+1 Rod)
DEF: 1
HP: 4/5

ITEMS:
.3 Gold, Tapestry Rod +1 Atk, a pair of wooden foot filled boots.

[tabs:Costa (askstoomuch)]
ATT: 1 (+1 Blood Song)
HP: 5/5

Wearing/Wielding:
Blood Song +1 Atk + Q, where Q = number of quests wielder has completed.
Magical Glasses - Allows you to see magical Auras
ITEMS:
Sharp Fork, PlayWitch vol. 1, 3 blank books

[tabs:Laughs(Spiderwrangler)]
ATT: 1 (+1 Rod)
HP: 4/5

Wearing/Wielding:
Fake Beard - A highly unusual fake beard which can be easily formed into new shapes. When a person other than yourself attempts to remove it, you find that it is firmly attached to your face. Only the one who wears it, can control it. If removed and dropped, anyone may pick it up and wear it.
ITEMS:
Pewter Cup, Pewter Plate, Tapestry Rod +1 Atk, PlayWitch vol. 2
[tabs:Forges(Patdragon)]
ATT: 1
HP: 5/5

Wearing/Wielding:
A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
ITEMS:
3 important looking letters, 12 gold, "My first wand" wand, red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)[/tabs]
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

askstoomuch

Re: GAL: Quest 3 - dun dun done

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 am

costa pulls out blood song

we did it lady !

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 am

Wooden ear? I can live with that. Does my beard have an official name for my inventory?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:13 am

Official name? no, but i added some details about it. Although i said it isn't magical...so, I'm wondering what exactly it is.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:14 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Official name? no, but i added some details about it. Although i said it isn't magical...so, I'm wondering what exactly it is.
It's still an awesome beard. I can mold it to hold onto things for me... like my pewter cup and plate! I wish my beard did that.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:32 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Official name? no, but i added some details about it. Although i said it isn't magical...so, I'm wondering what exactly it is.
Consider it clothing or a bag or something (beards are good for hiding things in!) without stats :) An optional extra to make Laughs look extra cool!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:46 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
Consider it clothing or a bag or something (beards are good for hiding things in!) without stats :) An optional extra to make Laughs look extra cool!
Unless it's a sentient being!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Now that its over I will comment, since you asked for observations before badge.

It was shorter than I thought it would be. And it kind of ended abruptly (as a reader I was totally expecting them to have to fight the mage). But it was interesting. And I think there are some lessons to be learned.

1) Badge gives out neat items

2) Badge has an end in mind that you might not expect (and a middle and a beginning apparently)

3) Badge will turn you into fscking furniture!
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 pm

cheers for running the quest... now to think of some wooden ear jokes....if there are any.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Now that its over I can say what I want to say.

1) I had hoped I had given enough clues that people were turning into furniture.
2) the letters were/are the key to everything. It hints strongly about number 1. It also hints about the next quest that I'm making which will be happening in a week or so.
3) the wizard fight didn't happen because I wanted him to come back in my next quest.

Although I'm still putting some finishing touched on it. I will be waiting until Thinks quest ends in case anyone that was in that quest would like to be in this new one. Though I will warn you. There will be blood.....err....fighting.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Do those of us that were in this quest have the same chance as the rest of the GAL of being in the next one you do?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Yes.
I'm not sure yet of the number of players. Probably 6.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Yep all made perfect sense to me, In a weird questy type of way ;) I will look forwards to the tower in the forbidden swamps of horrible evil.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:06 am

Thanks, it was a great quest and I hope I get dibs in the next one. Had a lot of fun. :)
I had the idea he was turning the missing adventurers into something, at least when the wooden feet where in the boots.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:02 am

To be fair, I won't be giving out dibs, mostly to be fair to people who haven't played in any quest yet. The only person who may get dibs is Senor Costa and most specifically Blood Song, since she wants to tear the wizards throat out with her teeth. But fear not, I'm working on 2 different quests, trying to bring them to the point of playable, so if you miss this one, you're in for a new one with a new storyline.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:05 am

if I understand correctly blood song is now a +2 sword right ?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:06 am

It was rather a "call dibs cause I liked it so much without actually calling it" than "actually expecting you to give out dibs". ;)
But thanks.
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:19 am

askstoomuch wrote:if I understand correctly blood song is now a +2 sword right ?
Yes, however, for reasons of not being overpowered, I will be placed a maximum of +5 Atk on it for now.

edit: I'm also amazed that no one ripped down the shower curtain, which was a +1 Def if it had been taken.