CTF Game 4 - Turn 8 Please VOTE for MVP

Nerre
Game Master

CTF Game 4 - Turn 8 Please VOTE for MVP

Post by Nerre » Fri May 29, 2015 10:22 am

After the large match, some of the clan members wander off the field to rest, while others cannot get enough of this game, so the decide to hold another training game, although a bit smaller this time.

The players line up:

On the red team, we have:
Yells At Others, Level 4 Strategist
Bomb Diggety, Level 4 Attacker
Has No Name, Level 6 Defender

On the blue team, we have:
Dreamer, Level 5 Defender
Stands Firm, Level 2 Defender
Righteous Charger, Level 6 Attacker

The teams get ready to get started and spread on the game field. They do their best to make up even teams, but blue has a slight disadvantage of 1 level.

Rules and signups

Discuss all your tactics inside the team, then pm me with the final moves. Please don't copy me in for all messages, as I don't want to get confused or make mistakes cause moves are taken back or changed. Better for the sake of the game. I'll update when everyone (myself included) is ready. Important: Make sure the word CTF is in the topic. I don't want to miss a pm.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
:zzz:

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: CTF Game 4

Post by Knucklekraken » Fri May 29, 2015 12:00 pm

There is some shorts - based confusion going on here.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri May 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Did correct it. Had'nt spotted that the shorts are marked in teamcolors.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri May 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Bomb has two sprite sheets, for your convenience. His skin is the same color as the red team's stripe, which makes the change more difficult.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri May 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Update notification post for my egosearch page.

Also, theanks for running this game, Nerre!

Q: do you wish, for convenience, to mark rows and columns with numbers and letters?
Or do we send in moves as "North", left, forward, ...?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat May 30, 2015 3:45 am

they werent on the grid pic, will add them next turn. Abc from top to bottom, 1 to 6 from left to right. :)

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat May 30, 2015 11:28 pm

They're on a different layer.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun May 31, 2015 2:14 pm

Thanks. First time I used GIMP. Only installed it once which is a lot of years ago. This is why the updates take a while, have to get accustomed with Gimp and read a few tutorials or even the handbook/shortcuts. ;)

Nerre
Game Master

CTF Game 4 - 2

Post by Nerre » Sun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm

After the large match, some of the clan members wander off the field to rest, while others cannot get enough of this game, so the decide to hold another training game, although a bit smaller this time.

The players start the game. Team blue names Righteous Charger their team captain, while team red did not yet vote for a captain.

In the first half, almost everybody moves forward one field, except for Bomb Diggety who starts to sprint to B1 and then starts to move to B2.

red-blue 0-0

The second half would have continued to be as uneventfull as the first one, if it weren't for Bomb Diggety and Dreamer. Dreamer, having anticipated the sprint of Bomb Diggety, tackles into C4. But wait, Bomb Diggety did not sprint straight forward, he turned to B3. Dreamers tackle misses, but he doesn't care cause he has a lot of tackle stamina and loves hitting the wet, rocky ground instead of an enemy.

red-blue 0-0

Rules and signups

Discuss all your tactics inside the team, then pm me with the final moves. Please don't copy me in for all messages, as I don't want to get confused or make mistakes cause moves are taken back or changed. Better for the sake of the game. I'll update when everyone (myself included) is ready.

If you find any mistakes in the game math or picture tell me, I will try to fix it.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Sun May 31, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: CTF Game 4 - Turn 2

Post by WearsHats » Sun May 31, 2015 2:45 pm

Dreamer has tackle stamina. He doesn't get a missed tackle penalty. (See, Krulle? I remembered!)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun May 31, 2015 2:49 pm

lucky dreamer then! :D
Correcting it right now.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun May 31, 2015 2:49 pm

TY, Wears.. I would have pointed it out to Nerre myself, but if you do it, it's so much better!

TY, Nerre.
Will the wet stones give dodging bonusses? Or even slipping fails when sprinting?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun May 31, 2015 3:14 pm

nah, that just was flavour text. :)
Or wasn't it? Did Bomb leave the C1-3 row cause he did not want to get washed away by waves? ;)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun May 31, 2015 10:16 pm

Well, I can give him blow-up swimming helps... ;)

Nerre
Game Master

CTF Game 4 - Turn 3 - blue mark

Post by Nerre » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:11 pm

Turn 3
The red team did not yet vote for a captain.

In the first half, Dreamer advances to C3, earning 1 xp for advancement.
No Name decides to take a step back, maybe preparing the back and then tackle forward maneuver.
Righteous moves back to C5, mirroring Bomb's move.
Yells decides to cheer for Bomb rather than attacking himself.
Bomb decides to dart forward, trying to get past Stands. But Stands stands his ground, guarding his tile, and attempts to intercept Bomb.
► Show Spoiler
Stands manages to pin down Bomb, earning 1 xp and 1 point for the blue team. Bomb has to respawn as his first action next turn, for which Stands earns another xp.

red-blue 0-1

The second half starts with No Name and Righteous both charging the tile they just left, which leads to them only tackling thin air. Thanks to his tackle stamina No Name suffers no penalty for the next turn, while Righteous has to work with a -5% on tussels next turn.Both now have a penalty of 5% on tussels next turn.
Stands still stands guard above the pinned down Bomb.
The only action we get this half is Dreamer attacking Yells, who cheered for No Name, obviously not expecting this.
► Show Spoiler
The result is pretty obviosu in Dreamer's favour (even if the novice CTF-GM would have misscalculated something), as he knocks down the totally surprised Yells. He earned 1 xp and 1 point for the blue team.
Yells has to use his first action next turn to stand up.

red-blue 0-2

Rules and signups

Discuss all your tactics inside the team, then pm me with the final moves. Please don't copy me in for all messages, as I don't want to get confused or make mistakes cause moves are taken back or changed. Better for the sake of the game. I'll update when everyone (myself included) is ready.

If you find any mistakes in the game math or picture tell me, I will try to fix it.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: CTF Game 4 - Turn 3 - blue mark

Post by Krulle » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 am

the rules wrote:- Experience
In practise matches, players get:
  • 1xp for winning a tussle
  • 1xp for sending an opponent back to their back row
Stands gets another XP for sending Bomb back.

And the spoiler= tag does not accept special characters. You'll need to replace "&" by "and"

I also find it interesting that a strategist can cheer while being attacked himself. That by itself would be possible, but as he concentrates on someone else, he's distracted and less focused on his own tussle....
But there's nothing in the rules about this (yet).
It's okay. I got a natural 1 anyway. :)

I also take it, that you're taking Wears' approach to who gets which side of the dice? (the one with more bonus 1 to (10+x), the other (10+x) to 20).

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:28 am

I write who gets which numbers down before I dice (see role tool links), so basically it does not matter if you get the lower or higher numbers. So far I gave the attacker the lower ones.
Yes, I use that system: (higher bonus - lower bonus)/5 = the amount of additional numbers the player with higher bonus gets. If somebody is 10% ahead, he has 1-12, the other 13-20. Equal bonuses cancel each other out.
I know it depends on the math system used.
You can see 10%+10% either cumulative as +20%
or as 1.1x1.1 = 1.21, which would lead to having an equal sum of bonus percentage being stronger if it comes from several sources instead of one.
You could even calculate it by converse probability, but thats to much math for a game often updated after a long day at work.
Maybe we should replace all the +-5% in the rules into +-1 numbers on the D20, but also put into the rules that one can never reach 0% or 100%, cause in D&D a 1 is always a fail and a 20 is always a win.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:43 am

That's why Wears directly wrote +1 (for 5% modifiers) or +2 (for +10% modifiers)....

I just wanted to make sure that the higher chance winner (better modifiers) gets the lower range always.
Moose gave blue lower range, and red higher range.

For both:
Either way is okay, but it should be consistent within a game.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:15 am

Then I will make it:
"attacker vs defender",
and if that doesn't work cause for example both tackle, "red vs blue"

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:52 am

heh, I just noticed the team colours (stripe on pants) got mixed up again. Dreamer is now red team again... Stands Firm too... And Has No Name is blue....
Thus, red fought red, and blue only stumbled around near the middle line... :grin:

The team stats have wrong colours too...

(Yay, more work for the host... After a long day at work the right thing he needs... :p )

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:20 am

Thanks to his tackle stamina No Name suffers no penalty for the next turn
That's not a skill he has.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:37 am

Chuck: Yes, updates it correctly. Both have a 5% penalty now. Maybe I slipped in the skill list.

Krulle: I will remove the pants, pantless sprites. No pants, no colors to mess up. ;) Don't we all know who belongs to which team by the chars itself? In the last two games I did not even notice the pants had color markings.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:58 am

Especially in the big game run by Wears I did use the markings.
In small games it is less important, yes, but in big games it might be.

you're the GM, it is your choice.

Nerre
Game Master

CTF Game 4 - Turn 4 - tides turn

Post by Nerre » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:11 am

Turn 4
The red team did vote M0rtimer for their captain.

In the first half, a lot of movement happens, especially in tile B3.
Dreamer and Stands use the fact that Yells has to stand up to advance one tile each, Dreamer to B2, Stands to B3. Both earn 1 xp for advancement.
No Name also decides to enter B3, which is now pretty crowded. But it gets even more crowded, when Righteous starts to sprint through B4 and arrives at the edge of B3, again almost mirroring No Name's move. But as nobody inititated a tussel yet, they only squeeze into B3 together without a fight.
Meanwhile, Bomb respawns on B1.

red-blue 0-2

Again the second half promises more action than the first.
Dreamer tries to tackle from B2 to B1, while Bomb tries to tackle the other way with Yells cheering for him.
But as Stands and Righteous also could get into B2, we have to decide that first to see who becomes the target of Bombs tackle.
Especially since No Name tries to guard B3, so he gets a chance to catch one of them.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
This means that Stands gets pinned by No Name, earning No Name 2 xp and 1 point for the red team. Since Stands got pinned in the opponent half, he has to respawn as first action next turn.
This also means that Righteous manages to get to B3, earning him 1 xp for advancement.
Does he get into B2 without getting attack, so he can earn another xp for advancement?
► Show Spoiler
The answer is yet, he gets there without a fight, earning his 2nd advancement xp this turn.
This means that both tacklers, Bomb and Dreamer, meet in the air between B1 and B2 to tackle each other.
► Show Spoiler
Bomb manages to take down Dreamer and they end up in B2, which also means that Dreamer is send home and gets no advancement xp.
Bomb however, gains 2 xp and 1 point for the red team for sending Dreamer home. He has to respawn as first action next turn.
Yells also gets 1 xp cause Bomb won.
The tides of battle can turn quickly, both teams have an equal amount of points again.

red-blue 2-2

Rules and signups

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: CTF Game 4 - Turn 4- tides turn

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:47 am

For future reference: There was no need to roll for Bomb's target. Aggressive action always takes priority. Dreamer was tackling, so Bomb had no choice of target.

► Show Spoiler