Open games and recruitments

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Open games and recruitments

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:58 am

I really miss that one game that i think Mortimer ran, with the pictures of the random people (Dragon, Baron, Thief, etc) with the voting and story-making...and..man..i wish that would happen again one day..cause it was the best game ever.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:29 am

Aw yeah, that game. That was fun while it lasted, though sadly it seemed there weren't many people sharing the enthusiasm - I had to stop it eventually simply due to not getting the required feedback for it. :(

http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=61

(Was also based on a game from the old keenspot forums by the way, which I also adored very much..)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:53 am

If you had enough interest would it happen again..cause...dude I'm a slobbering beast in the first of the line...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:57 am

Maybe..? My schedule has cleared up to the point I could potentially run it, though the wiser course of action would probably be to not...

I suppose it depends on if people would want to see it back. And if so, where exactly to start - I could understand people being too intimidated to jump off where we started, but at the same time having to restart would for a part be a huge waste, and also the fact a lot of it would feel like falling in repeat...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:09 am

yeah...I mean, I was just have fond memories about it...wishful thinking I suppose..Though I will yell at everyone about how awesome it was and that it should start again...

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:26 am

I have to say I loved that game on Keenspot until it died, I might be up for playing it again.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 am

As a suggestion for where to start contninue, you could Wrap up last one/continue it...meaning, kingdom falls into disrepair from the point we were at and continues afresh..fun for new folks, with easter eggs for old ones. I'll send out a message to some of the old players and see if we can spark some interest.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:59 am

To be fair, I think the only way that I would be picking up this game again is to pick up where we left off. I think that if I had to start fresh, there would be too much a feeling of repetition of stuff we've already been through to make it feel worthwile.

...Eh, know what, I'll do an interest check later today. we'll see.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 am

Oh yeah... I enjoyed that game, but I've no idea where we got to with it. It was fun and casual though, so if it popped up again I'd certainly try and keep up with it.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:11 am

Only 12 pages, so not that difficult to catch up again with it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:46 am

M0rtimer wrote:To be fair, I think the only way that I would be picking up this game again is to pick up where we left off. I think that if I had to start fresh, there would be too much a feeling of repetition of stuff we've already been through to make it feel worthwile.

...Eh, know what, I'll do an interest check later today. we'll see.
I've read through the game archive, and am ready to instruct the court to do my bidding.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Oh ya...i have a game thing. It's called time capsule. Are you prepared to jouney to the future?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:03 am

Well...that escalated quickly...thanks Mort

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:35 am

I miss GMing. I think I'm going to start something up again, probably stealing the now-popular system Spider made, with some tweaks. I liked Cavemen, but that was too freeform. I'll see what I can come up with, but if anyone has a theme they really want to play, I'm open to suggestions...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:01 am

:thumbsup:

I'm certainly willing to help in any way you wish, Synch was able to make some tweaks to how he supplies skills, lumping it a bit more than SCH, which I think fits the 'real world' setting with normal humans.

Setting wise, the one I'd had in mind for running another game (which I don't have time for... So if someone else wants to run with it...) Would be set in The Wheel of Time universe. Players would be novice Aes Sedai (or Warders in training, perhaps, if someone were interested in that), and have to learn to master reaching the source, creating weaves, etc.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:17 am

I've not read the series, so couldn't do that any justice. :(

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:18 am

I'm more than happy to help if I can, and you're always welcome to use the GAL if you want to test a new ruleset.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:29 am

nikohl wrote:I've not read the series, so couldn't do that any justice. :(
That would be a drawback. :lol:

I'd be interested in one with magic, honestly, whether it is based on an existing magical world (Hogwarts?) or made up entirely.

Having opposing schools or disciplines of magic may be interesting, being really good in A decreases your abilities in Y, etc...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:51 am

Alright, magic school sounds pretty neat. I think I'd veer away from an established world, just because I kinda know HP but not -enough-, you know? But I have a fairly solid D&D background, plus there's Ars Magica, World of Darkness... Plenty to draw on. Give me a bit of time to think. I'll make a thread where people can say what they'd like to see.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:54 am

There are so many good book series with magic in them..

Spider - Girl genius (Steampunk)
Synch - Plague Apocalypse

Original Ideas:???

^Ninja'd
World of Darkness Styled: Vampires (Also interesting), Ghosts (This could be interesting), Mummies, Werewolves, Wizards

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:14 am

Just looking at what Badge just posted, the idea of running a Vampire: The Masquerade game is pretty intriguing... I have the 20th edition core book so the basics of the fluff and such are quite available to me.

Still, this sort of thing usually needs a pretty sophisticated plot.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:43 am

And usually benefits from an in built dice roller, due to the quantity of "roll 6d10 with targets of 7s, 10s count twice and 1s subtract" - it's awkward to parse on sites that don't have the functionality to handle that quickly and easily. I play on Myth-Weavers, which does have that.

Having said that, I've got the V20 book and the V:tDA20 book, plus a whole bunch of the old earlier edition scenario splatbooks from the rest of the WoD core setting, which come with plots and pregens included, so if anyone wanted to run a World of Darkness game and needed a starting point plot-wise I can help out with the provision of info and so on.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't like to run the original WoD system if I did do a Vampire game. I don't really have the kind of consistent brain-smart to run that sort of system. I'd rather do something more Risus-y.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:50 am

There are so many other species to pick from though...
Fairies, Mummies, Wizards, WereWolves, etc

Vampires were fun though...sadly, I only ever played one of the intro quests.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:21 am

*peeks in* WoD setting? I never did get a chance, ever, to play my Werewolf (A Lupus Silent Strider Ahroun... how's -that- for rare? :P )
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.