Actors/Actresses

John
Converses Frequently

Actors/Actresses

Post by John » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:44 am

And the goblin oscar goes to.....

Actors/Actresses

Let's hear your favorite faces to see on the big screen. Maybe we can eventually do our own Goblin Cinema Awards in the future :P . Share with us your favorite actors and actresses of the ages. Help your fellow Goblins broaden their horizons and make some fun recommendations.

Favorite Actor for myself I would feel safe saying Bruce Willis. I know he isn't in your Gladiator or Les Miserables artistically magical films, but I enjoy every darn thing I see him in. And that's all I need ;)

Favorite Actress I would either pick Ingrid Bergman or Nicole Kidman. I'm a huge fan in music in movies and even musical theater. Kidman has a great skill in both. Bergman stole my heart when I was twelve and I will never let it go! (Don't tell my wife ;) )

What does the peanut gallery have to say?
Games:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: Actors/Actresses

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Big screen? Johnny Depp. He's got the highest number of movies I like. (Small screen would be Nathan Fillion.)

Actresses... When they're in the kid of movie I'd watch, Helena Bonham-Carter, Miranda Richardson, Michelle Rodriguez, Angelina Jolie. Nobody really stands out from the crowd, though.

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:39 pm

I like Helena Bonham-Carter, but up until the Kings Speech I thought of her as a one trick pony. Similar with Rodriguez. But when I'm in the mood- they definitely hit the spot.

A newer Actor i'm a fan of is Chris Hemsworth. I mean Thor was awesome, but he just seems so charismatic. I thought he was great in Snow White and the Huntsman. I'd like to see him in something a little more suspenseful in a less fantasy setting and see how he does.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:41 pm

Oh, yeah I like him. Thank Joss. I read that Joss got him the gig as Thor, originally. Speaking of which, Chris was hilarious in The Cabin in the Woods. 8)

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:31 pm

He is enough that I may rent the Red Dawn remake...at some point. Some very low point
Games:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:36 pm

That would be a very low point, indeed. I don't understand why anyone would remake that movie. It doesn't make sense outside of the Cold War.

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:18 am

I concur. I think it was an attempt at a 'Murica Morale boost.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Favorite Actor? I have no idea, probably Bruce Willis or Morgan Freeman.

Favorite Actress? Amanda Tapping from Stargate.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Amanda is pretty great. :)

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:03 am

Yes she is. I just finished watching all of SG-1 and am working through Atlantis and Universe.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:13 am

RocketScientist wrote:Big screen? Johnny Depp. He's got the highest number of movies I like. (Small screen would be Nathan Fillion.)
Same here!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:31 am

If we're including primarily TV actresses, I would add most of the ladies from the Whedonverse. Aly Hannigan, Summer Glau, Felicia Day, Amy Acker, Eliza Dushku, Amber Benson, Dichen Lachman, Jewel Staite, Gina Torres. Ooh, and Cobie Smulders. She's Whedonverse now, too. ;)

And I also love Enver Gjokaj (sp?) from Dollhouse for TV actors. He kicked butt on that show.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:41 am

RocketScientist wrote:If we're including primarily TV actresses, I would add most of the ladies from the Whedonverse. Aly Hannigan, Summer Glau, Felicia Day, Amy Acker, Eliza Dushku, Amber Benson, Dichen Lachman, Jewel Staite, Gina Torres. Ooh, and Cobie Smulders...
I do not recognize most of thous names. However, I do think that Summer Glua is alright, but I am not really a fan of Jewel Staite.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Arydra wrote:
RocketScientist wrote:If we're including primarily TV actresses, I would add most of the ladies from the Whedonverse. Aly Hannigan, Summer Glau, Felicia Day, Amy Acker, Eliza Dushku, Amber Benson, Dichen Lachman, Jewel Staite, Gina Torres. Ooh, and Cobie Smulders...
I do not recognize most of thous names. However, I do think that Summer Glua is alright, but I am not really a fan of Jewel Staite.
Aly (Alyson) Hannigan: Buffy, American Pie, How I Met Your Mother
Felicia Day: The Guild, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Buffy
Amy Acker: Angel, Dollhouse
Eliza Dushku: Buffy, Dollhouse, Bring It On
Amber Benson: Buffy
Dichen Lachman: Dollhouse, Being Human (US)
Gina Torres: Firefly, Angel, Hercules
Cobie Smulders: How I Met Your Mother, The Avengers

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Ah, well I have not seen any of those except for Firefly. And now I feel stupid for forgetting Gina Torres' name.

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:25 am

Captain Hammer for the win
Games:
► Show Spoiler