Star Trek (esp. Next Generation)

willpell
Banned

Star Trek (esp. Next Generation)

Post by willpell » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:29 pm

I apologize if there's already a thread for this.

Trekphiles, someone help my distinctly non-Alpha memory out. I remember an episode in which Riker directs the Enterprise to a star system whose name was something like "Rhomboi Dronnegar". According to Google, this spelling at least does not exist. So what am I (mis)remembering? I thought it was an immensely cool name and has stuck with me after well over a decade without seeing the show.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Star Trek (esp. Next Generation)

Post by RidcullyJack » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Can you give me anything more to go on than the name... What else happened in the episode? Why was Riker in charge?

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Don't remember, the sound of the name and the fact it was Riker saying it are all I recall.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:51 pm

You're thinking of Samaritan Snare (Season 2), they set course for Rhomboid Dronegar (sector 006) to answer a distress call that is really a trap. Riker's in charge because Picard is having his artificial heart replaced.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:21 am

Impressive! Thank you.
My long-neglected blog.

knightwalkr
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Willie Pierce

Post by knightwalkr » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:00 am

What do you think of the new reality.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:20 pm

The first Abrams movie was kinda goofy and not great. Into Darkness was much better, though I wish they'd stop shoehorning in a Leonard Nimoy cameo in every one. Overall, it's a reasonably good reboot, although I think sometimes Abrams tries too hard to be sleek and ultramodern. It doesn't respect its ancestry the way the new Dr. Who does, but at least it's not completely stuck in the past either (not naming any names on that one). I hope it continues to improve.
My long-neglected blog.

knightwalkr
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Willie Pierce

Post by knightwalkr » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

The spoke thing was added at the last minute from what I read. Someone goes why wouldn't Spock ask Spock and they wrote in the scene.