God School Assignments: #4

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: God School Assignments: #2

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun May 26, 2013 4:52 am

Hurray! Thanks to the quick help of thinkslogically and mort, I got a new home! Also, while my own appearance didn't get changed, at least I got a nice hat out of it. And now I have a donkey to keep me company, so I won't get lonely.

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 26, 2013 8:45 am

No that looks great gathers! The idea was just to get you used to building an image layer by layer rather than how you would traditionally with a pen & paper, so as long as you got that part it's all good.

Ps I love the donkey!

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:09 pm

"A lair? Well, a lair isn't much use when you travel as much as i do, but i could certainly use a new ship, and a new ocean to sail it on..."

"How about this?"

Prometheus
Mutters to Themself

Post by Prometheus » Mon May 27, 2013 2:52 pm

So i'm a bit late to the party, and the class.
But Toh isn't. Shapemaster. Druid.

Description: The world has changed since she last awoke. Great machines of fire and lightning now roam the world, and despite her natural inclination to destroy such gaudy edifices of civilization she must preserve the balance. So she watches, and learns, and hopefully comes to terms with the new order of the world. Because her druidic vows prevent her from using such technology I am her humble emissary in these matters. But, having lived as a druid myself, mastering technology is going to be a challenge. She takes many forms, but more often than not bestows her powers of shapeshifting upon others while she uses her spells and watches in the guise of a small, innocuous animal.

Toh makes her home deep in the Midnight Grove of Elsiandra. As it is too dark for human eyes to see i have rendered this artists conception, poorly.The forest floor is eerily empty quiet but above the trees stretch hundreds of feet into the sky, all manner of predators flit through the leaves above us. A lone woman, shorter than I by many hands, guides me through the forest of nightmares. The woman is Toh, wearing what she remembers of her human face. I wouldn't know, as i mentioned before it's too hard to see. The creatures leave us alone. After many weeks of absolute dark, we reach our destination. A shaft of light alights upon a serene pool of water.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon May 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Ah

Sorry, did not notes you there for a second, I was admiring my painting

Who am I you ask? Well, my name is Dr. Edvil, I am one of LAYFÔÇÖs true avatars, and as such, IÔÇÖd like to correct a small mistake...

There.... thatÔÇÖs better, I canÔÇÖt stand that clown.... but I hate that I always have red eyes on photos...

Now, back to the office... Hmm, lets see, a chair, some place to keep all the papers, and vine off cause...

A table, a man needs a table to work from, and some place to make coffee, thatÔÇÖs important you know...

Hmm... something is missing... oh yes, right, windows to the worlds I govern for LAYF....

There.. and... hmm.... seems I have a bad connection to the worlds.. I have to fix that later.. Ah well...
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 am

Here is my little treasure lair. Beware of the invisible guardian dragon. Click to see it a full size.
It took me about 30 minutes to do that.
#2 Lair.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:zzz:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 28, 2013 6:11 am

That looks really good Nerre, but if you don't want the white surround it's easy to get rid of. If you select around the image area, then go to (I think) Image > crop to selection it should sort that out.

Doesn't look like there's many layers in there, but it's hard to tell from a flat image :P

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue May 28, 2013 6:15 am

Thanks. The white is cause it is an attachement to the post, it got no white in the picture itself. :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 am

Cool stuff :)

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Tue May 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Lair.png
The Cheese invites you to his castle. He wishes you enjoy your stay and not press the self-destruct button. Also don't mess with the guards. Touch them and they'll kill you.

Total Time: Made over the course of three days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Thu May 30, 2013 2:51 pm

"So here's my lair. Death is so dark and dank. I wanted sunshine and happiness!

There was an apple tree here... until I tried to pick some fruit off of it and it died.... but I tied a pretty ribbon around it so it's okay now, I guess. The sun was smiling on us until he burned to death and there was lots of screaming. I planted tulips but they aren't doing as well as I thought. There were bunnies too but well.... not so many bunnies now...

My favourite part was the unicorn! I petted it as soon as I made it! And then it died a horrible death. I felt pretty scummy so I brought it back. Undead is technically alive, right?"
► Show Spoiler
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 31, 2013 5:48 am

I've posted a little bit of feedback on the assignments so far over in the lesson thread. I'll do the rest after they come in, probably once I get back after the weekend :)

Arles
Game Master
UStream Username: sir_arles

God School Assignments: #3

Post by Arles » Fri May 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Third Place Assignment

"Hi everybody! Welcome to the assignment part of the Third Lesson of God School. This is the first release of The Freeheart Fantasy Guide!"

"I hope you had a good time reading through it. If you haven't, go do so now. But just in case you don't, I'll make sure you know that my name is Hastur and that I'll be trying to give you some tips and advice for you to create the most awesome, inventive and unexpected adventures!"

ÔÇ£Now, I know you've been given lessons and assignments by The Messenger (thinkslogically's avatar). From what I've seen, he's done a terrific job so far. This time is my turn, so let's move on!"

ÔÇ£As you can see, this is my room right here. I used to have more stuff stashed here, but let's just say that I've been moving out to another house and now everything's half empty."

ÔÇ£I have a pretty awesome Knight Bear and my #3 Place Trophy from a tournament not long ago. Why am I telling you this, you ask?"

"Because they are related to this assingment, of course! Let's get down to business!"

"This week's assignment will be to do a 3 panel story (you can do even more panels if you want to!) involving your Avatar, your Lair and either the Knight Bear, the #3 Place Trophy or both!(feel free to adapt them to your own style)"

Image Image

"Remember to use different angles, zoom levels, layers and everything you've learned so far. I'm really looking forward to see this promising class' works!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Arles on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:34 am

"Oh look! A teddy bear!

"How adorable!

"I can tell already that me and you will be friends forev--"

"Oh no..."

"I'm sorry, Mister Bear. Let me fix it."

"A zombie? Well that's more alive than a skeleton..."

"And he's still pretty cute!"

► Show Spoiler
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

I'mBob
Game Master

Re: God School Assignments: #3

Post by I'mBob » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:21 am

Okay, so here is my Lairs assignment, I know it is pretty much late but I have not much time. It is my dragon on his cliff in the middle of a jungle.

Hope I can make the third assignment this week as well.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:41 am

Finealy time to make it....

Here it is.. total time 1 hour and 45 min (not inclusinf the art I allready had and only modified to fit the Lesson)

-Best regards LAYF

Prometheus
Mutters to Themself

Post by Prometheus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:45 pm

The forest is dark and full of many things terrible and beneficent. Toh sits patiently in the middle, holding the balance of the world and ensuring that the forest remains unblemished. It is her duty to hold the forest in check, and to check any encroachment upon its borders lest the horrors escape.
Something approaches, she sees it in the placid pond. Unnatural, cancerous, something to be cleansed from the face of the world.
StuffedBearKnight
SBK
"Leave forsaken one, do not return. This is not a place for your kind. Leave now or be destroyed." her voice thick with anger she calls defenders.

five seconds later

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:20 am

Hi there!

The last two weeks have been pretty crazy for me. I am not sure if I can do this assignment (#3) in time, and since I go on holiday this Saturday (and I won't have access to my usual computer and thusly Gimp and all my files, or even a normal mouse, which I definitely NEED to draw, there), I am positive that I can't make the NEXT assignment ( #4) in time, either, at least if the weekly schedule continues. I will hand those in later, but as soon as I possibly can.

I just wanted to let you know this beforehand, and maybe I can edit my assignment in here, when it's done. Sorry for the inconvenience. :oops:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm not entirely sure what the due date even is, but i know that i will likely not be able to finish the assignment for at least another few days, due to final exams, graduation, graduation parties...It's just going to be a busy few days.

Ratha
Whispers Softly

Post by Ratha » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:51 am

"I'm not going to be able to get this done in under an hour..."

No one expects you to. There's a vast difference between sprite art and drawn art. Just do what you can. We'll see how long it takes. Now concentrate...

"All right. Here goes." *Deep Breath*

Meanwhile, in another dimension!

"Heheheh. Yes! Now I can drain the power of this stolen trophy, and restore even more of my former power!"

"You... stole that from a god, didn't you?"

"Of course! Where else could I get more power so easily?"

"You idiot. Did those demons take a piece of your brain too or something?"

"Two actually! Don't worry, I'm sure they weren't important!"

"..."

"I can't watch this."

"Now to set up the spell! Hum dee hum..."

"..."

"Hi?"

"Awkward..."

"You do realize you only needed to *ask* for the trophy. We'd have been happy to grant it."

"Now... PREPARE TO..."

"DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU WERE PLANNING TO WITH THE TROPHY!"

"I... don't understand."

"It's a school. We want you to get more powerful. That's the whole POINT."

"I..."

"I feel a lot more sane now."

"I was talking crazy earlier, wasn't I?"

"You had bits of your brain missing. I doubt anyone will fault you for that."

"I'm sorry."

"No, don't even be sorry. Feeling better?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Huh, looks like the trophy is intact. Want it back?"

"Sure, plenty of other gods want it right now."

"Thank you stuffed bear knight!"

"...Thanks."

End time spent drawing: 3 hours 39 minutes.

But this wasn't a sprite thing, so who could expect better, right?
He has returned, one of the great old ones, and has caught up on goblins, still thinking "Holy Sonuvacrap! PsiMinMax!"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Hey. I might not be able to post this assignment in time, too much work this week and had to do some renovate a room in the house. :/
Maybe monday. Hope I won't get an F cause of this. :>

Ratha
Whispers Softly

Post by Ratha » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:37 am

Extra Credit Project:

"Douglas! Great to meet you. Y'Know, you aren't the first god of death I've worked with. A lot of reapers out there. But I hear you want to learn how to handle things without killing them. Well, you're in luck!"

"I just so happen to have built a pet-bot. Go on, give her a pet! Isn't she cute? And she isn't technically alive, so it's my guess that your touch won't be able to ki-"

"-pletely fried the motherboard. I don't think this robot will be up and beeping again any time soon. Well, that's alright."

"I made a factory to manufacture them after all..."

"I'll just turn out a few thousand... There, you can practice not killing things by starting with these suicide-bots.... I MEAN PET-BOTS! PET-BOTS! THAT IS MOST CERTAINLY WHAT I MEANT TO SAY!"

"Well, I'll leave you to it! Enjoy the massa- er... learning not to kill things."

► Show Spoiler
He has returned, one of the great old ones, and has caught up on goblins, still thinking "Holy Sonuvacrap! PsiMinMax!"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 am

I finally managed to draw a little story. Not very nice but I hope it is at least funny. :)

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Arles
Game Master
UStream Username: sir_arles

God School Assignments: #4

Post by Arles » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:42 am

The Forth Assignment

"Hi guys! First of all, sorry for the delay! Shit happens."

"Now, about that lesson... I hope you enjoyed it and managed to get something useful to you out of it."

"Now let's put our knowledge to the test with a short assignment!"

"You will have to make a NEMESIS and an ALLY for your avatar! See if you can introduce them a little bit using everything you've learned so far! And don't forget to have fun!"

"I don't know if this is the last time I'll be here, but in my name and Arles' I wish you a happy and productive course!"
Last edited by Arles on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: God School Assignments: #4

Post by LAYF » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Here is my entry... sorry for the small amount of style....

-Best regards LAYF