July 28, 2016: Seriously?

Discuss the comic here!
RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: July 28, 2016: Seriously?

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:16 pm

I find Complain's comment on tropes to be another indication of the weakening of the universe, He's breaking the 4th wall with his observation in a way that I've not seen come from the Goblins before. As the universe is crumbling, are they becoming more aware that they are a comic?

GovernmentSpook
Remains Silent

Post by GovernmentSpook » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Hello everyone! Long time reader, first time poster.

Does anyone know how Complains can communicate with the demon with no problems, but Mryorg experienced searing pain and violent emotions?
Also, while I'm excited for the demon's release, I just have to say - I really wish thunt would lay off the jokes for a page or two.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:21 am

Well, Mryorg contacted the demon in the axe, whereas Complains got contacted.
It may well be that the Demon is in pain for contacting Names...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

(^_^)
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by (^_^) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:17 am

SamWiser wrote:
RocketScientist wrote:
Krulle wrote: And Saral Caine did want to do good, and likely did quite some good. But he used the Axe in a chaotic manner, neither good nor bad. Some actions may have fueled the powers of the AoP, some may have weakened the AoP. His largest failure was withholding his help from those in need, mostly to please the political game of Goblinslayer.
Ears specifically detected that Saral Caine was "really evil." I doubt he did much more good than Goblinslayer did.
Could that be the Axe that was making BE see him as evil? I'm not sure how it works, exactly.
Well, we know that BE saw "timeclones" of our party as evil. One theory was that it was due to Axe being broken for them and affecting them, but it is quite possible that what he saw was evil from Axe. And this would mean that when he 'sensed' Caine, what he really sensed was also the Axe, especially since Caine being someone that would still consider helping someone probably was not evil enough on his own for such reaction.

On a side note. Apparently, BE can sense evil from Axe only when someone else is holding it. This might be because holding it suppresses "evil aura", or because Axe suppresses weilder ability to sense it. That is to say - what we know about Axe is same info that is being known to any Paladin to weild it. And if Axe was really an evil artifact concealing itself to be used by Paladins and cause harm trough them, it would tell us exactly same story. Meaning - what if all we know about Axe of Prissan could be a lie.

Also, am I only one that thinks Axe looks better/slightly fixed after Names touched it, bringing ball back together and restoring it's glow?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:45 am

For quite some visual clues we will have to wait for the shaded version....
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I'm drawing the upcoming page as fast as I can, because a few decade long questions will be answered and I CAN'T WAIT to see you guys react.

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:08 am

So it looks like the official answer for why the Axe has weakened is probably that CoN's touch weakened it, rather than it weakening from any of BE's actions. I like that explanation much better. Even though he isn't evil, he's part evil outsider now. I can see being touched by a thing partially formed from the forces of pure elemental evil would harm the Axe than evil actions would.

The thing that has me most curious is the lighthearted tone of the comic. The next comic will probably be the most serious event to befall Thuntverse since the initial arrival of the demon. Is this a comedic break, or will the big reveal, itself, be comical?

Since they are playing around with the 4th wall so much, will the big reveal itself break the 4th . . . I'm going to stop there. I'm now picturing . . .
► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 pm

If this is the trope being played out, I have a funny feeling I know how the rest is going to go down. I even sent a DM on twitter to Thunt to find out if I was right.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:42 am

YardMeat wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Unlikely.
► Show Spoiler
I am not a fan of horror comics.
Let's see where this is going...

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:48 am

Krulle wrote:
YardMeat wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Unlikely.
► Show Spoiler
I am not a fan of horror comics.
Let's see where this is going...
Unlikely, but the whole event has been themed as involving a break of the 4th wall ever since the Axe was damaged. I can't help but think that will continue.

Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Post by Insane Kitty » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:19 pm

YardMeat wrote:So it looks like the official answer for why the Axe has weakened is probably that CoN's touch weakened it, rather than it weakening from any of BE's actions. I like that explanation much better. Even though he isn't evil, he's part evil outsider now. I can see being touched by a thing partially formed from the forces of pure elemental evil would harm the Axe than evil actions would.

The thing that has me most curious is the lighthearted tone of the comic. The next comic will probably be the most serious event to befall Thuntverse since the initial arrival of the demon. Is this a comedic break, or will the big reveal, itself, be comical?

Since they are playing around with the 4th wall so much, will the big reveal itself break the 4th . . . I'm going to stop there. I'm now picturing . . .
► Show Spoiler
Might the axe consider any heals, cures etc on a demon (or character who is part demon) to be evil and weaken it?

Maybe just being in the hands of Goblins (considered to be monsters even though they are adventurers) weakened it.
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:11 am

Insane Kitty wrote:
Maybe just being in the hands of Goblins (considered to be monsters even though they are adventurers) weakened it.
I don't think that's the case. That would be tantamount to an objective divine justification of killing monsters, declaring that goblins are irredemably evil by "virtue" of their race. The base idea of the comic is that this thought is wrong, both objectively and morally.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:24 am

Morgaln wrote:
Insane Kitty wrote:
I don't think that's the case. That would be tantamount to an objective divine justification of killing monsters, declaring that goblins are irredemably evil by "virtue" of their race. The base idea of the comic is that this thought is wrong, both objectively and morally.
The Gods in D&D work on absolutes though don't they? I can't remember but I'm pretty sure to most of the Gods Goblins would be "evil" no matter what. I might be wrong though.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:33 am

In the eyes of the Gods, yes. But they don't decide what's good or evil, lawful or chaotic. They have to adhere to these aspects as much as the creatures on the D&D world have to. Good and evil is a force in and of itself, not tied to what Gods feel should be good or evil.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Stimmhorn
Remains Silent

Post by Stimmhorn » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Complains changed a lot by touching that orb. I think it really, really sped up his process of turning into a demon.

Not only did his hand shift in colour. His shoulder/back spikes and his chest ridges did too, while also becoming more defined. His collarbones sprouted spikes, his cheeks grew spikey ridges and he has something just infront of his ears that resemble horns. And the top of his head changed colour to, which makes me assume there will be a similiar ridge going down his spine like he has on his chest. Possibly culminating in a tail.

So yeah... Proper Demo-goblin now.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:30 am

Will we get a shaded version of this page?

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:10 am

SirButcher wrote:
Morgaln wrote:
SirButcher wrote:
No, this case is COMPLETELY different. The ogre just was a mere ogre, with some demonic knowledge and some tattoo. Complains IS a demon (well, part of him) - not just someone with some knowledge about the demons. Part of him got transformed to a full demon. I still think he weakened the Axe (when grabbed it) - as far as we know Complains is the very first demon who touched the axe EVER.
Very unlikely. Since it was in the possession of paladins for most of the time, there's a strong chance that the axe was used to fight demons in the past. You can't kill them without the axe touching them.
As far as I know (and my knowledge is limited here :) ) in D&D touching (as using) and touching (as getting killed with something) is an entirely different thing. Complains actually used the axe. The other demons got attacked by the axe. Like when someone stab you with a magic weapon you can't use its skills, and when you grab the handle of it, you gain access to it special powers - another example: if I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds. But if you ask for my sword and I give it to you, you will get +2 strength.
It just occured to me that now we have evidence that touching as in getting attacked with the axe has the same effect on Complains as touching it any other way does (evidence in this page) That means it was very likely not Complains using the axe that weakened it.