3 April 2017 - Ignorance and Incredulity

Discuss the comic here!
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: 3 April 2017 - Ignorance and Incredulity

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 am

Uhm, maybe it did get identified, but we didn't see it?

Because I don't remember the arm-bracers (that Complains puts onto his legs), nor the ring of holding, nor the shield that Fumbles has, being described by the wall, either. Meaning some identifying could have happened off-camera.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:55 am

The items being pushed through come from the left wall, which may work differently. I've not seen Minmax push his armour into the right wall, which seems to be the Wall of Knowledge/Identification.
The left one seems to be the Wall of Holding/Wall of Loot.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:58 am

Krulle wrote:The items being pushed through come from the left wall, which may work differently. I've not seen Minmax push his armour into the right wall, which seems to be the Wall of Knowledge/Identification.
The left one seems to be the Wall of Holding/Wall of Loot.
Both he and Ears did touch the right wall here with the gloves of their armor, but it was solid for them, even though Fumbles had no problem pushing his hand into it in the current update. So I can't quite wrap my head around how the thing works at the moment.

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:24 am

Seems like the wall might change function after all the items are looted.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:27 am

Morgaln, My fault. Thanks for correcting me.

It may indeed well be that it identifies only items that are currently not in use, but the Wall of Knowledge has only been activated by Fumbles when he pushed the first loot item through.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

mustache_man
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by mustache_man » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:37 am

Krulle wrote:Morgaln, My fault. Thanks for correcting me.

It may indeed well be that it identifies only items that are currently not in use, but the Wall of Knowledge has only been activated by Fumbles when he pushed the first loot item through.
It identified Complains' sword and he didn't get it in this room, right?

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 am

That'd be weirdly convoluted, because wouldn't a sword be "in use" while wielding it? Like armor would be in use while wearing it? I still think it's a simple oversight. Also not one that actively changes anything for the story right now, so I don't really care either way. If I were telling a story I would probably not mention something. Granted, I wouldn't have put the wall scene in there in the first place, but that's why it's not my story ;)
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:13 am

I also tend towards it being an oversight, but unless the armor has some heretofore unknown ability that will become plot relevant in the future, it doesn't really matter. I just wondered if someone had a good idea to explain it in-universe, because I couldn't think of one.

whiff
Remains Silent

Post by whiff » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 am

I think the levitation effect could be used to jump into hell and avoid damage http://www.goblinscomic.org/11022016-2/. Put it on the ring, let everyone except MM get in the ring, jump into hell... levitate before you hit...

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Possibly. I wouldn't let someone use that potion on an item that's already magical as a DM though. Not that it matters, he could apply it to just about anything he carries and do the same trick. But why split up when you can go in as a team?
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Restomak
Mutters to Themself

Post by Restomak » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:31 pm

I wonder if Fumbles being tortured in the past is going to give him some level of toughness against what I assume will be pain when he absorbs the energy to be a teller.

"This isn't so bad compared to the Goblinslayer" sort of thing.