Meanwhile sketch #1.

Discuss the comic here!
Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Meanwhile sketch #1.

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Mon May 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Current homepage is displaying an alternate view of "a moment ago", maybe we should make topics for these pages too?

So, it seems Duv has lost it...

Guus
Floods your Ears

Re: Meanwhile sketch #1.

Post by Guus » Mon May 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Was to be expected, her whole life goal has been destroyed. Since the sketches are relevant or irrelevant on a whim, I wonder if this will have any bearing on the story. How much is left of the viper clan? I'd imagine they've lost many warriors during all the drama, maybe too many to be relevant for goblin culture for a while.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue May 23, 2017 3:48 am

source of top left panels: page of 11 February 2015

We should not provide hyperlinks, as these pages will disappear again. IIRC, they were originally a bonus for Patreons.

But if there's something you want to discuss, feel free to create a thread. The mods will either ask us politely to stop, or not.
So far, Thunt encouraged the forumites to discuss "bonus stories". Back, way back, he said as active community making part of the attraction that is the Goblinscomic, we are entitled to a bit of extras, so he never said something about us linking directly to images.
But if someones later wants to see the bonus page, he can always join patreon and read the old posts.
(or burrow through the transcription thread, where I am providing most of the lost pages with direct image links)

Well, regarding the impact:
The Viper clan was a very strong clan. Right now it's more or less without a leader, even if Grem is up to the task, but he is not the formal leader.
But in her current state, she might actually put things in motion that will lead to a golden age for the Goblins in this realm, jsut as her character sheet (The White Terror) said.
Because she comes out stronger from this, mentally, IF she comes back, she kindles hope in Goblins, and despair to all other races standing in her way.
It may become an important learning point for her character.

But it may just as well be the end of the glorious times of the Viper clan until the next Winged Goblin is born.
Because Grem may be more interested in vengeance than the daily business of running a clan.

There's also a prediction Young-And-Beautiful apparently wrote down, which Forgath read: http://www.goblinscomic.com/03112006/
Forgath: Hey, Minmax, listen to this... "And if the White Terror should fly again, pain and death be unto all non Goblins. For once the Terror has her wing, Goblins shall rule this realm."
paper scroll: it is the blue such is found she slave labour to dig a is the way of clan Viper

The snippets from the paper scroll can be fleshed out a bit more with what we know:
it is the blue orb

slave labour to dig a tunnel into the Well of Darkness

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Tue May 23, 2017 12:14 pm

She wanted to be a source of hope, but already lost much of her power (and with that, probably, her respect from other goblin clans), which made her desperate to return to her former state. Then she got mutilated further, and went down the road of insanity. So it might happen, if she gets her wings back, but it does seem like the written down prophecy was prevented. It might not even be a prophecy, but more of a myth that is being told among the goblins, a religious text if you will. Since she so horribly failed, it seems like the latter is the case, because prophecies not coming true just sounds like a cop-out to me.

I do expect that these things are seen to be canon, right?
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue May 23, 2017 2:17 pm

I don't think Duv was called the White Terror until after the wing-burning incident, since she was a diplomat...so it makes sense that if she had gotten her wing back afterwards, her bitterness would have led to a violent goblin uprising. I honestly think though (and I did at the time) that Biscuit still made the wrong decision, since all he's done has made her even more bitter and vengeful towards other races.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed May 24, 2017 9:48 am

Guus wrote:I do expect that these things are seen to be canon, right?
Yes, and no...

Thunt made an error, so the timing of the "exact moment" is wrong...
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:You guys, I've gotten the Duv moment confused with something else in my notes. That Duv moment doesn't happen until much later in the...
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:... timeline. As I've drawn that sketch years ago, I have no idea how I screwed up the timeline so badly, there.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I'm now comparing all the Meanwhile sketches with my timeline notes to see if I screwed them up as well.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Ovnidemon
Remains Silent

Post by Ovnidemon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:55 am

Are the old sketches deleted to go as exclsuive to the books? (Don't know if I expressed myself correctly)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:24 am

They were Patreon exclusive, and not meant for the webpage...

They are still online, linked in the thread in my signature, just like other "disappeared" bonus content...

They changed the file format with last week's site update, though, so in future this might change...

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Krulle wrote:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I'm now comparing all the Meanwhile sketches with my timeline notes to see if I screwed them up as well.
Oh Thunt....save yourself some grief, please. We love these behind-the-scenes and don't care if they're a little out of synch with the Official Goblins Timeline. Nobody but you expects perfect rigor in your worldbuilding. Most creators won't even do the Meanwhile thing at all; you shouldn't hold back from doing them because the details might be slightly off.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:38 am

The Meanwhile sketches are old, in the sense that they were among the first Patreon bonus content stuff.
He just started using them for the webpage due to the slow upate frequency.

I still like them, and just like you I don't care about accuracy.
And with the Duv one, I already felt that the timing is off (too soon).