12 June 2017 - RAAAAAAH!

Discuss the comic here!
Matney X
Whispers Softly

Re: 12 June 2017 - RAAAAAAH!

Post by Matney X » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:41 am

kesgarion wrote:Man, when I look at that last page, it really dawned on me how much a lot of the main characters' bodies have changed during the story. MM, Forgath, and Dies all have prosthetic body parts from various sources, Complains is a demon, Fumbles is mutilated, etc.
MM has prosthetic body parts? I also seem to recall someone saying his eye was fixed, somewhere else... did I miss something?

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:03 am

Without spoilers, MM's eye and scar has been filled in with indestructible material just as Forgath's beard was - see the end of the Maze of Many arc for why. As for sight, according to one of Thunt's blog entries MM's vision wasn't affected by the injury - though it is now, since it's covered in purple now.

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Tofu wrote:Those glowing eye circles surely mean something. The first thought was that they are monocles for each eye, and then I decided that was silly.
I think that this is a development due to him using Oblivious all the time - a Vortex as IME, since IMEs may reflect the character and his experiences (like for instance Kore's).

Matney X
Whispers Softly

Post by Matney X » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:05 am

Glemp wrote:Without spoilers, MM's eye and scar has been filled in with indestructible material just as Forgath's beard was - see the end of the Maze of Many arc for why. As for sight, according to one of Thunt's blog entries MM's vision wasn't affected by the injury - though it is now, since it's covered in purple now.
Happens here: http://www.goblinscomic.org/08252013-2/

I've read the whole series, up to various points, maybe 3 or 4 times, and I had never noticed this. Crazy.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Glemp wrote:You mean, the reason it seems to be made up of bones is the connective tissue is shifted somewhere else?
Not the bones themselves, but the fact that this one demon is made of many skeletons, which often aren't attached to each other (as far as we can see), and seem to form multiple incomplete humanoid shapes, some of which appear out of nowhere as it attacks.
Neat idea, but D&D usually goes for style over science in its monster design to begin with so don't be disappointed if Thunt just thought it looked cool.
*shrug* he could have accidentally stumbled on something that made more sense than he consciously realized....

Someguy
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Someguy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:02 am

So Min-Max being min-max has his feats optimized for a Switch-Hitter build based around Oblivious. Is Complains going to build himself around the Tumbleblade as an Acrobatic Barbarian?

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:03 am

Someguy wrote:So Min-Max being min-max has his feats optimized for a Switch-Hitter build based around Oblivious. Is Complains going to build himself around the Tumbleblade as an Acrobatic Barbarian?
MinMax has a ridiculous number of feats, as shown here. There's also the infamous "can't rhyme on purpose" deficiency. And of course there's his inability to wink. Because who know when you'll need to fight with furniture?

Thunt has also said in chat that Herbert is a horrible GM who allows all this silliness. :lol: Forgath probably get role-play XP for dressing him!
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

JMS
Remains Silent

Post by JMS » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:36 pm

OK I really did not want to do this but THunt is forcing my hand: I am writing a new web comic titled "Flea Demons: Life Through Their Eyes".

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:22 am

Cool.
Give us a link when you start! I want to read it!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BookWyrm17
Mutters to Themself

Post by BookWyrm17 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 am

JMS wrote:OK I really did not want to do this but THunt is forcing my hand: I am writing a new web comic titled "Flea Demons: Life Through Their Eyes".
Basically smelling some really tasty souls that then proceed to beat them to pieces? :P

On another note, I love the moment of darkness there, right before the Rage. Really sets the moment.
The point is to have fun.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:38 am

BookWyrm17 wrote: I think Complains is using the Tumbleblade or whatever it's called to get more boosts, cause it got identified as getting a +1 every time he tumbled during combat, up to a +12!
Yup, at the start of the tumbling sequence, only one gem is lit up, when he finishes, he has two.

BTW, he puts on his new pants as anklets that form to his legs here. Do we know what they are/do?
GathersIngredients wrote:And I wonder if the IME "things" on CoN back are the first stadium of wings or antennae or ... ?
Wings, I believe, just without the skin and stuff between quite yet. His IME seems to be getting as demonic as he is..
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BookWyrm17
Mutters to Themself

Post by BookWyrm17 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:51 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
BTW, he puts on his new pants as anklets that form to his legs here. Do we know what they are/do?
I think Minmax identified those as armor that are supposed to go on his arms. But maybe he'll get some nice landing bonuses for having them on his legs. They probably only technically work on his legs because they've been reversed, actually.
The point is to have fun.