April 26th 2013 - Its Better To.

Discuss the comic here!
Belzera
Mutters to Themself

April 26th 2013 - Its Better To.

Post by Belzera » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Well.... erm.... wow... I may not stop crying for a while.

Self Edut: Comic Link

Edit 2: Is that a Heman Minmax, a Hemax? a Minman?

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Re: April 26th 2013 - Its Better To.

Post by WastesTime » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Even He-MinMax did not do anything to lighten the page...damn, it's too dark, it's too grim, it's too sad. I cannot see this ending in a good way... What about Kin now? How will she prevail? Is it possible for her to get prosthetic legs? Seriously, dafuq did I just read? :wall: :(
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:13 pm

I... I... don't know what to say. Will the healing potion do anything for that? If they go back to the river, then could it heal her tail?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:16 pm

SamWiser wrote:I... I... don't know what to say. Will the healing potion do anything for that? If they go back to the river, then could it heal her tail?
Her tail went "Splishk" (God, it's so hard talking about it...) so I guess no. The potion might save her, but the tail is gone. Our dear, sweet Kin is going to be a cripple... :(

Offtopic: Minmax dual-wielding?

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:19 pm

:'(

Can anyone else hear Thunt's evil laughter?

They still have the healing potion. It might be enough. I hope it's enough. Please, please, please be enough....

And is that a steampunk Kin?
Last edited by BeanDip on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

LordsBreed
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: LordsBreed

Post by LordsBreed » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:20 pm

I was wondering how she was going to get legs.

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:30 pm

BeanDip wrote::'(

Can anyone else hear Thunt's evil laughter?

And is that a steampunk Kin?
I wonder if Thunt is laughing or rather crying over having to cripple one of his characters because of the storyline he made before he even drew the comic. I wonder if he cried for Klik, and Chief and K'sellis before him...

Also: yeah, to which movie/TV series/ game is the steampunk Kin a reference to?

PS. The forums are gonna be aflame tonight and for the most part of the coming days. Chief dies: we rage but there is a switch to FMK, K'Sellis dies: we rage more but there is Biscuit to cheer us and Dies' death moments later isn't permanent, Klik dies: we argue whether it is worth crying over (they were way too many different points of view on that one, it was still sad to see, though). Kin is not only almost forced to be on her magic leash AGAIN, but she LOSES her tail, the loss being brutally depicted. We have to endure not only her pain but also Minmax's. His facial expression raises my goosebumps.
Last edited by WastesTime on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alarikun
Of Few Words

Post by Alarikun » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 pm

.... Hate... you.... Thunt.

Okay, I'm going to try to do some analyzing/theorizing, while I can think without rage.

Looks like he did the same thing he did to his "Kin" in regards to the tail, and she lived through it. It wasn't until Psimax's Kin's head exploded that she died.

Interesting feature in regards to Minmax... his eyes have an interesting color as he snaps out of his rage. (This is decidedly different from Rage simply wearing off, as seen with both Names and Minmax. The purple-smoke dissipates when it wears off... his rage was CLEARLY interrupted in this scenario). Did he 'see' her? Either way, it's a clear indication that he 'is' in love with her, when he can sense that kind of thing from a room away.

As for the Healing Potion... chances are, it is quite capable of sealing the wound. However, it is most likely going to require something akin to a Regenerate spell to restore the tail completely. >.<

Nonetheless... I am merely going to try to remain hopeful that she survives. I could easily see Thunt killing her off after she says that she 'sees' our Minmax. And while his time with Kin has allowed him to learn in regards to some monsters... it would help explain why he would simply use the Jade Teapot to travel to the Goblins, rather than travel with her more (if he truly loves her).

I'm gonna go be sad now... this page has made me sad... damnit Thunt...

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:32 pm

WastesTime wrote: PS. The forums are gonna be aflame tonight and for the most part of the coming days. Chief dies: we rage but there is a switch to FMK, K'Sellis dies: we rage more but there is Biscuit to cheer us and Dies' death moments later isn't permanent, Klik dies: we argue whether it is worth crying over (they were way too many different points of view on that one, it was still sad to see, though). Kin is not only almost forced to be on her magic leash AGAIN, but she LOSES her tail, the loss being brutally depicted. We have to endure not only her pain but also Minmax's. His facial expression raises my goosebumps.
Yes, the last time I felt like this is when we saw Chief die...

Which was also graphically depicted....

Damn it, Thunt....
Last edited by BeanDip on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Ah, and that might explain why "Hi, Names. Remember me?" didn't seem to have the right emotion attached to it.

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Alarikun wrote: Interesting feature in regards to Minmax... his eyes have an interesting color as he snaps out of his rage. (This is decidedly different from Rage simply wearing off, as seen with both Names and Minmax. The purple-smoke dissipates when it wears off... his rage was CLEARLY interrupted in this scenario). Did he 'see' her? Either way, it's a clear indication that he 'is' in love with her, when he can sense that kind of thing from a room away.
As for the eyes: it is just the effect of rage wearing off: http://www.goblinscomic.com/04242012/ Thunt just did not add the smoke

Alarikun
Of Few Words

Post by Alarikun » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 pm

WastesTime wrote:
Alarikun wrote: Interesting feature in regards to Minmax... his eyes have an interesting color as he snaps out of his rage. (This is decidedly different from Rage simply wearing off, as seen with both Names and Minmax. The purple-smoke dissipates when it wears off... his rage was CLEARLY interrupted in this scenario). Did he 'see' her? Either way, it's a clear indication that he 'is' in love with her, when he can sense that kind of thing from a room away.
As for the eyes: it is just the effect of rage wearing off: http://www.goblinscomic.com/04242012/ Thunt just did not add the smoke
Weird that both of his eyes are white for that moment then, but it can be explained. It is either the True Love trope (where people can literally sense one another in pain/dying), or he heard her scream (which we didn't technically see).

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Alarikun wrote:
WastesTime wrote:
Weird that both of his eyes are white for that moment then, but it can be explained. It is either the True Love trope (where people can literally sense one another in pain/dying), or he heard her scream (which we didn't technically see).
It might be that, or Thunt simply didn't manage to draw the right eye - the white pupil in the left is after Complains' attack as far as I remember. Your theory is nice though, and plausible.

Alvarin
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Alvarin__

Post by Alvarin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 pm

I think or, rather, hope that the maze would reset, as PsiMax would be unable to calculate Oblivious, and that reality 156 counter got destroyed...

LoneStarNorth
Former Mod
UStream Username: LoneStarNorth

Post by LoneStarNorth » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:45 pm

THERE'S A NEW COMIC UP?!

*Scoots off*

Earthen
Pipes Up Sometimes
UStream Username: Earthen_

Post by Earthen » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Under ordinary circumstances, it would take seconds for her to lose consciousness from blood loss, and she would die shortly afterward. But Psimax is going to need her to talk, so he might have to seal her wound or reduce her pain for that. I know so little of psions; do they have healing capabilities?
We're all mad here.

Alarikun
Of Few Words

Post by Alarikun » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Earthen wrote:Under ordinary circumstances, it would take seconds for her to lose consciousness from blood loss, and she would die shortly afterward. But Psimax is going to need her to talk, so he might have to seal her wound or reduce her pain for that. I know so little of psions; do they have healing capabilities?
They can have healing capability, though I doubt Psimax took any, it wouldn't be very 'min-maxy.'

There is a cup full of "Healing Potion" which would seal the wound pretty efficiently, so I am going to wager a guess that it will be used. Psimax may simply kill her and investigate how they got up there so quickly himself. It will be that, or he will torture Forgath into the answer.

Hyuuint
Remains Silent

Post by Hyuuint » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Oh for the razzafrazza.........can we please have a dead psimax already? Bad enough he was an angsty sociopath, now he went and exploded kin's tail? If anyone argues that he did it in self defense, note that he already knew of kin's leash-plus-other trauma, and knew full well what it does to her. Gah. *would love to see a tempts ex machina here*

Edit: Upon reflection, unsure if sociopath, psychopath, both or just plain rat fink would work there
Last edited by Hyuuint on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuakeIV
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: QuakeIV

Post by QuakeIV » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:51 pm

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he just grabbed the leash and forced the answer out of her.

LordsBreed
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: LordsBreed

Post by LordsBreed » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:51 pm

LoneStarNorth wrote:http://www.goblinscomic.com/01132012/

Panel 9 is relevant.

Thanks Captain Obvious. :D

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Why would you put a Prince Adam/He-Man lookalike here of all places?

The humor in this cameo is misplaced given the tone of the rest of the strip :?

Alarikun
Of Few Words

Post by Alarikun » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:54 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:Why would you put a Prince Adam/He-Man lookalike here of all places?

I believe it is intentional.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Alarikun wrote:
SuperVaderMan wrote:Why would you put a Prince Adam/He-Man lookalike here of all places?

I believe it is intentional.
That's the problem