Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: Twitter tweets (now: G:AR/Comic job sharing)

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:31 pm

Hmm. Yeah. That seems fair. They paid for it, after all. Good idea.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:40 pm

I'm not a donor, and I support that... as long as donors keep quiet about it until it's posted for us all!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:00 pm

They have their own part of the forum to discuss Patron-only stuff anyway, so it should be fine.
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:11 pm

We also have cookies and all the comfy chairs ;P

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Glemp wrote:We also have cookies and all the comfy chairs ;P
First rule of Patreon club...
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:20 am

Seems like a decent idea to me. The paying fans get elaborate "sneak peaks" if you will, while the main page shows the page once it's done (although probably unshaded still). This way it prevents pages on the main page that look unprofessional or problematic.
Good thinking bricks! :P
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:48 am

On the 10th of April 2015, [url=https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/586322022453481472]@Thunt_Goblins[/url] wrote:.@Samy_05 Forgath's patches will be fully explained a little later on in the comic.
I'll put the still current vote incentive "pre-view" also here, as it fits this tweet:
► Show Spoiler
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

JononE
Remains Silent

Post by JononE » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:30 am

Guys

I know Thunt doesn't like this idea.... but I for one don't care about G:AR! After seeing his latest update on his website (Email to Kickstarter) I don't want him going through this anymore! I'm a backer from the UK so i never received the email! I don't want him working night and day to try and forefil an obligation where someone screwed him over!

Of course I'd like the damned game, I wanted to play it with my son, but not at his expense... can't we create petition to be removed ? I emailed Thunt directly but received nothing back (but I know he's extremely busy) I'd be happy with a picture of the goblins and his signature so i could print it off the website and place it in a frame or something.

Sorry for the rant - hope someone replies with some info - BTW long time reader, never posted before, but I created one of the letters on the Welcome Home banner we made (I think it was an E) so been here for ages, just never posted in forums :) Hi... :)

Jon

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:38 am

Hi Jon!

Your feeling is reflected by many others too (see e.g. this post in the Well, shit... (G:AR Kickstarter) thread).
Thunt also refers to this attitude by most G:AR backers in the second Evertide blog (http://www.goblinscomic.org/lowtide-gar-second-update/, just above the in-line comics). To those people he writes:
Thunt on blog wrote:So to those people thank you so much for the offer! However, I really want to return the kind of support that youve shown me and so Ive been respectfully declining those offers. Im sorry, Im just not going to let you go fight the badguy so I can escape. Weve seen this kind of behaviour before, too
Personally I find it is his choice.
I'm not too happy about it, but he seems to enjoy the time spent on G:AR. And that's good for him.
He deserves that. And thus it may avoid another problem from coming back.

Let's jsut hope he fidns a way to make it financially doable.
E.g. self-print. Kickstarter project just for printing/shipping (after the game has been "finalised"). Handing physical copies only on cons (to save mailing costs). Whatever. Just not his families pension money. Or lunch/dinner/... money

[edit]corrected link tags d'oh! [/quote]
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

JononE
Remains Silent

Post by JononE » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:15 am

Thanks for the reply - I seem to remember a while back Thunt saying thanks but I respectfully decline the offer - can't we respectfully decline his :) lol

I just don't want to see him take on unnecessary work and basically hurt himself and his family from the actions of someone else - and when i say hurt - obviously he's loving designing, playing and working on G:AR but I feel like he feels he personally owes us - he owes me nothing! he's repayed the debt of me buying G:AR by creating this comic in the first place... I have read it, and then I got my 11 year old son in to it.... if it wasn't for Thunt, we really wouldn't be the father and son we are today...

I understand it's his choice and respect his decisions - I just want him to be aware that if it gets too much - he doesn't have too.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:26 am

And it's good to keep reminding Thunt so.
We all owe him, after all.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Buried Treasure)

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:05 am

Is the freakout about Spawn and Vamirella being ruined, or having them in the first place?
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:21 am

I'd be freaking out more at the loss of the D&D books
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:42 pm

It sounds like his email got spoofed, according to his latest tweets... but one of the two tweets said the emails "had demands". This leads me to believe there really -is- direct enemy action going on here, and unless Thunt goes to the police he's just going to be kept down with others kicking him...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Enemy action? Define "enemy." Anyone with the know-how can spoof an email. Spammers and trolls do it all the time.

Could have been a troll looking to make things worse, could have been someone who believed he was acting for Thunt's good, doing and saying things on his behalf that he wasn't willing to do himself. We can only guess. But I don't see a need to invent a whole conspiracy when it's a one person job.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:16 am

New tweet put into the G:AR thread: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 25#p170602
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:When screening lawyers, question number one is... "Am I being charged for this phone call?"
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:My next tweet will be made up of ONLY words my tablet suggests, based on my typing history. Okay, here goes...
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:The incredible hulk fight with the other hand in the morning of the clones opening up with a current situation and I will decide if I can.
He seems to be obsessed by the Hulk.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:15 am

Short blog/sketch (announced via twitter): http://www.goblinscomic.org/hobbit/
https://mobile.twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/591382090475642881 wrote:Klik with the Axe of Prissan. Big Ears with Kore's armour. Anything can happen in G:AR. #GARBacker pic.twitter.com/BEmUGJaGvH

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat May 02, 2015 1:50 am

new vote incentive under the vote button:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Hey everyone, I'm back to posting sneak peeks under the vote button! There's a very cool pic under it now! goblinscomic.org
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:If you were playing D&D and you saw that hallway (under the vote button goblinscomic.org ), would you think it was trapped? I would.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter tweets (now: 10years Goblins coming up!)

Post by Krulle » Sat May 09, 2015 10:18 am

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:July 26th is the #Goblins TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY! We gotta do something special! But what? #TenYearsofGoblins
https://mobile.twitter.com/koboldskeep/status/596891869549764608 wrote:@Thunt_Goblins Gruesomely kill another character? Introduce a new weird penalty MinMax has? Have the party stupidly waste an OP magic item?
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Wha...?! Who told you the entirety of the rest of #Goblins?! You know EXACTLY what will happen! DAMN YOU! twitter.com/koboldskeep/st
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/596889749345865730 wrote:Come on, it's going to be a special day. Let's done something *different* than our usual daily activities. twitter.com/Omegatani/stat

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

YOUR CHARACTER IS DEAD!

Post by Krulle » Fri May 15, 2015 1:21 pm

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Attention D&D players! Your character is dead! (Blog post) goblinscomic.org/attention-dd-p
blog post wrote:The upcoming Goblins page shows a room with a LOT of dead adventurers in it. I have a neato idea. If youÔÇÖd like your favourite D&D character to be immortalized as one of the dead adventurers, email a picture of your character to goblins@dccnet.com <-ThatÔÇÖs an email link.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Twitter: Your D&D character is dead!

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Cool! I don't have any pictures or drawings of a D&D character, though I do have one of a Pathfinder character....
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri May 15, 2015 1:48 pm

He answered already that any char is fine.
I guess it'll be shown as a dead corpse anyway, do the exact type will be of less interest....

If someone sends in a pic, I'd love to see that pic too, and try to regind it later and compare what Thunt made out of your sketch which got sent in....

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Krulle wrote:If someone sends in a pic, I'd love to see that pic too, and try to regind it later and compare what Thunt made out of your sketch which got sent in....
I sent him Arg'ak, my full orc brawler in Quarg's "Immortals in the Serene Court" game here on the forum...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Yey!

*gives thunt something difficult to draw* A mongrelman.

This is what i sent him

Alvarin
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Alvarin__

Post by Alvarin » Sat May 16, 2015 7:36 am

I've sent him my old larp photo, which is also my profile picture here.