Threads of reality - Clam wizards

Home to all current Forum Games.
Godbot
Converses Frequently

Re: Threads of reality - Clam wizards

Post by Godbot » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:35 pm

<He doesn't have his army, his wizard, or his trident, and he's stuck in a city where no one's going to listen to him at best. I do think he's harmless now.>

<What do the rest of you think? Should we let Nami finish him off?>

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Really? He could, I don't know, get out of the city? Also it is possible that he has powers that do not know of.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 pm

"Yes, but he's essentially at our mercy now. I doubt he has retained any powers he might have had, now that he's human. Whether or not he should die for what he's done isn't up to me, but we should at least get Calypso to calm down enough to think about it before deciding to execute him or not. She seems to be running on pure anger right now."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:50 am

<He doesn't have his army, his wizard, or his trident, and he's stuck in a city where no one's going to listen to him at best. I do think he's harmless now.>
<What do the rest of you think? Should we let Nami finish him off?>

<I will not allow this! He might not be as harmless as you think, embittered men have cause a lot of damage to this world. I don't know if he has earned himself a second chance, but that is not up to us. Let the captain put him in jail or judge him for bringing death to so many. Maybe he will be fed to Bessy, maybe send into the dessert. But I will not stand by and watch a defenseless person being beaten to death!>
While telling this to the others, one of his hand gets into the path of Calypsos next blow, intercepting it, while the other hand sprays Healing water on Triton. If that is not enough, he will try to hug her including her arms to give her time to cool down.
"Calm down, Calypso. You had your justice, and now even some revenge. He is helpless and beaten. Please let it be and give this body back to your daughter now. Maybe you can find rest now, that things are sorted out. If you wish, I can even try to help you with that. Let others deal with him. It is Nami's time now, not yours or his. And if you want to blow of some more steam, hit me, not him. It is over. Shhh..."
:zzz:

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:20 am

Born nods in approval, slinging the Jabbawack over his shoulder with a strap it didn't have a minute ago.

<I guess it's settled, then.>

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Threads of reality - Trip to Davy Jones locker

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 pm

00:24

The goblins seem to have some internal arguments as to how to settle this, Cut only throwing coal on the fire- Though while the goblins soon come to the agreement that Nami needs to speak, it is Drowns who rushes to the mans aid, pushing "Nami" out of the way whilst healing Triton-

"Calm down, Calypso. You had your justice, and now even some revenge. He is helpless and beaten. Please let it be and give this body back to your daughter now. Maybe you can find rest now, that things are sorted out. If you wish, I can even try to help you with that. Let others deal with him. It is Nami's time now, not yours or his. And if you want to blow of some more steam, hit me, not him. It is over. Shhh..."

Furious, for a moment it looks as if she's going to attack him- And despite pushing him away from his attempted hug, she does stop.

"You're right... He's not worth it."

"...You're not my daughter. You're nothing but a vengeful remnant of her..."

"Nami" clutches the trident in her hand, but with a shock turns around, not facing him anymore- Some overseers point their weapons at them, though more in confusion than anything else- Some Atlantians seem doubtful, but seem to be following Orpheus's decision- The only one really looking mournful being the archmage, the inquisitioner again having lighted his pipe- And the guardian's face still hidden behind a full plate helmet, still keeping the crown ready.

"...What about Nami? I know that Calypso ran away from her duties, but Nami was never raised to know about any of this, she may even be unsettled by the transformation you've caused her body to go through."

"I do agree with my kin, Nami should have imput."

There's a slight pause, as eventually Richard speaks up.

"...They're right, you know. It's time to go."

"Nami's" angered expression slowly fades, turning into a sad one, regretful. After a moment more of hesitation she answers- "Yeah. I know..."

She walks up to the captain- For a moment she leans in closer, before giving a slightly awkward smile and backing off slightly again.

"Goodbye."

Saying so, the glow in her eyes quickly fades- Nami stumbles for a moment before catching her footing again- Partly by Richard quickly grabbing her by the shoulders.

"Wow... That was... Something..."

"...You alright?"

"Yeah. I am. But damn, that was a lot to take in..." she says, raising the trident in her hand, as if testing it- As she soon comes to the realization that all eyes are focused on her.

"Oh, right... Stuff... Erm..." she says, looking around- Her eyes first falling on Triton.

"Him... Look... I don't know... I mean, he was wrong, but mother, she was... Really angry. I'm not sure what'd to do with him, but killing him doesn't sound right... Can we like, throw him in jail or something?"

"Thrown in jail? Like this?! I'd rather you'd just kill me." Triton spews out- Nami seems uncertain as to what to do, looking to the goblins as to see what they would do- Though focusing on the one other matter in hand- The crown.

"So... There's no king to rule, huh..."
"Then you will take that role... For now..."
"Of course... This might be... Sudden... But I hope that... You realize."

"Yeah. Don't worry Orpheus, I do. I was... Scared at first, because I didn't know what to expect, or... Well, believe I could handle it. But... Mother did show me a few things. And with this thing here I'm quite sure I can handle it."

Those with true sight can see Orpheus have a relieved smile.

"So you're leaving Nami? You'll be safe?"

"I will make sure she is."- The guardian says- Handing the crown to her, as she seems to consider putting it on, eventually holding it in a single hand.

"There's probably going to be some... Well, quite a few people that... Aren't pleased with this..." The arch-mage chimes in.

"They will listen... With time..."

"But yeah... I'm leaving. Don't worry though- I'll make sure to come check every once in a while to see you're holding up."

"After all... Now I can do this-"
Nami says, now holding the trident as if it were a gun, aiming it at the water- Concentrating, a bolt of lightning shoots out, striking the water's surface, a whirlpool beginning to form- However, the water next to it appears to be under no effect, as images begin to form in midst of the whirlpool- Occasional flashes of stone buildings, often covered with some form of algea, and some form of statue coming through.

"...I can't believe that actually worked."

"...But that's great! I can do this like, once a week and come visit you!"

"...And I suppose it makes fast transport for when I have to go too."

Richard nods, smiling- It's hard to say if it's because he's happy everything turned out alright for her- Or maybe even a little bit of pride for her, Nami seeming enthusiastic despite everything- Probably because she wants to try out a lot of other things with the staff, as the captain turns back to the goblins.

"Goblins... I am in your debt. So my question now is... What will you do next? I'm guessing you will be leaving soon, but I can arrange lodging until tomorrow morning- The best, of course."
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:10 pm

"We'll probably head for the dwarven city next. We need to visit the Crawl of Times Lost, and it's on the way there. But... in the meantime, I wouldn't mind sleeping in an actual bed," admits Born. "It's been a while."

Edit:
If the party leaves for Atlantis, and if they intend to leave immediately, then Born will excuse himself, leave the battlefield, and use Deep Dive to take another look inside the Ether. He'll catch up to the party before they leave if he has time to, but he doesn't want to risk Auto-Born causing an incident immediately after the two sides worked out their differences.

Otherwise, Born will just wait until the party sleeps and investigate the Ether in his dreams.
Last edited by Godbot on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:23 am

Cut smirks at Triton. "I think he should live as what he called land filth in a jail. His despise for this form would hurt him more. I think it might be an apt punishment.

Queen Nami."
Cut kneels down in respect. "I have a question for Opedius and other Alantians as well. We are looking for pieces of the sacrificial stone, in attempts to save the world, nay universe from a fate worse than just mere destruction. If you know where any are, that would be good to know, and a boon to all."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 am

"Maybe one even happened to be in the ocean?" Drowns asks with raised hope. Being given a stone would be much easier than just being told where it is. But both would be a great help. "If there is one in your domain or even in the possession of the merfolk, I would gladly follow you to retrieve it. I don't fear deep water anymore."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 pm

And going to try to see if there is anything in the either.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:54 pm

00:26

"We'll probably head for the dwarven city next. We need to visit the Crawl of Times Lost, and it's on the way there. But... in the meantime, I wouldn't mind sleeping in an actual bed-. It's been a while."

"Hm... Yes, I do believe there was a piece of the stone in the dwarven city, wasn't there?"

"Hm... When you're there, ask around for Marnath of the red forge clan, and when you do mention you're a friend of mine. He might give you some pointers in there."

"I think he should live as what he called land filth in a jail. His despise for this form would hurt him more. I think it might be an apt punishment."

Nami gives a brief frown, before a small shrug- Nodding the overseers off as they keep scimitar and crossbow aimed at him, Triton giving an absolute furious glance to the party as they take him away inside the headquarters.

"Queen Nami." Cut says, kneeling down, Nami quickly gesturing for her to get up again- "I have a question for Opedius and other Alantians as well. We are looking for pieces of the sacrificial stone, in attempts to save the world, nay universe from a fate worse than just mere destruction. If you know where any are, that would be good to know, and a boon to all."

"Maybe one even happened to be in the ocean? If there is one in your domain or even in the possession of the merfolk, I would gladly follow you to retrieve it. I don't fear deep water anymore."

"Yes... I know of... What you speak."

"If it is the stone... You seek... Then things must be... Dire indeed."

"But... I fear we do not... Have a piece... And I doubt that... We'll have much knowledge to their... Locations."

"But... We do have... Magic that might... Help... Not to mention... The book of revelations... The original one... In the grand library..."

"It might... Contain some information... About events yet to happen..."

"I am unsure... If it would be worth it, however..."

► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:57 pm

"Anything that you can offer will be a great boon to this quest."

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:55 pm

"You have a library from five thousand years ago?" remarks Born. "That could actually be really helpful."

<There's a lot we still don't know about what really happened with Asatun and the Green Meteor. If the library's that old, it might have held onto lost historical accounts that could give us some clues about the end of the world. I say we check it out.>

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:37 pm

Studies perks up noticeably at the mention of a great library and a book of revelations, not to mention magic.

"We have enough time for a detour to visit atlantis, Riiight?"

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:54 pm

Born shrugs.

<I wouldn't think too hard about it. Paradox said the results of us saving Kraken's Cove would be interesting, but ultimately it was up to us whether we did it or not. I think we can safely take that to mean that taking a little time to do this won't affect our chances of success,> he replies, leaning on the fourth wall.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:44 am

"The libary it is then, it sounds like a help which might be equally or even better than one of the stone pieces. And yes, times are dire." Drowns says.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:12 pm

"But.....my dragon........"

"...ahem....err, you know that water portal thing you just did, Miss Nami? Can you do that with river water too? Cause if you can, then after we go to Atlantis, you could just drop us off next to the river near Valdenoir on the mainland. Right?"
"It would save us a lot of travel time if you could....."

"....also, would we have to get wet? And what about air?"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:40 pm

"if not a river, maybe a lake?" Drowns adds.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:01 pm

"I mean, air and water won't really be a problem," points out Born, glancing at Studies and Drowns. "Good idea about the portals, though."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:11 pm

"If they get knocked out that maybe a problem, and I doubt we can have it viable for us if we have to stay for more than a day. We may have to temporarily become merfolk to survive down there."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:41 pm

00:27

"Anything that you can offer will be a great boon to this quest."

"You have a library from five thousand years ago? That could actually be really helpful."

"The libary it is then, it sounds like a help which might be equally or even better than one of the stone pieces. And yes, times are dire."

Nami looks a bit wide-eyes, the archmage and inquisitioner giving each other a questioning look- "So... You'd come with us to our city?"

"Actually... I wouldn't mind-" Nami adds. "I mean, I don't exactly... Know you guys, but at least I'd have someone around."

"Things can be arranged." The guardian adds. "I shall go ahead and get matters arranged... Will you be able to hold the portal for a while, your majesty?"

"Err... Yeah, I think for a little while."

"...Okay-" The captain chimes in- "If you are all really leaving... Bongo, go get their friend from the headquarters."

It's at that point however, that Hears speaks up- Being the one to ask the logical question of how they would breathe down there- As well as considering a way to teleport back to get his dragon, of course.

"...ahem....err, you know that water portal thing you just did, Miss Nami? Can you do that with river water too? Cause if you can, then after we go to Atlantis, you could just drop us off next to the river near Valdenoir on the mainland. Right?"
"It would save us a lot of travel time if you could....."

"....also, would we have to get wet? And what about air?"

"Err... Yeah- Any body of water big enough- Problem is that I need to have seen the place before..."

"Even then, there's other ways of teleporting- We could use a simple teleport ritual..." the archmage chimes in.

"As for breathing... You will most definitely get wet. But air should be no problem. The portal is linked to the city center, yes?"

"Yeah- The fountain."

"Then you will be alright. I will go and arrange a resting place for the night. In the morning we can consider what happens next." The guardian finishes- Diving into the whirlpool, soon disappearing from view.

"...In that case, I'll join you guys too. Carlo can watch the city while I'm gone for a while." The captain chimes in- As after a little while, Bongo returns with Touches, to regroup with the party- The whirlpool awaits, flickering images of a faraway city reflecting in the water...
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Cut grabs Drowns and jumps in.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:14 am

Studies flies up above it before doing a dive into the portal.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:20 am

Born waits for as many people to leave as he can, and then briefly checks the Ether.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:36 pm

After the teleport, Drowns dries his friends. If any problems occur, he will try to combine his water manipulation with Studies air magic to spend enough air to all goblins around.