Pokemon Amethyst RPG (Update!!!)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Pokemon Amethyst RPG (A New Day)

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:04 am

Hugh

The Anorith manages to blast Mars with water for 49(28) damage, but then he hits it with a Confusion and finishes it off. Then out comes a Stunfisk.

Seismitoad (20), KO
Anorith (18), KO
Kalai (15), KO
Callisto (15), 22/68Hp, Recalled
Aja (13), KO
Mars (3), 7/78Hp
Tirtouga (2), KO
Stunfisk (1)

Mace

Realizing that the direct approach isn't working, Mace swaps in Shimmy, who gets bitten for 52(38) damage before putting the annoying Omanyte to sleep.

Omanyte (20/10), +4SPD, Asleep 16
Biggs (7), 21/67Hp, Recalled
Annie (4), 35/78Hp, Recalled
Shimmy (3), 20/58Hp

Zyph

Bellerophon blasts the Baltoy with draconic energy, doing moderate damage and Flinching it.

Bill (22), KO
Vibrava (18), Very Badly Injured, Recalled
Krokorok (17), KO
Wendy (16), KO
Geol (14), -17/69Hp, Recalled
Excadrill (12), KO
Baltoy (6), Injured
Hippowdon (5), KO
Bellerophon (5)

Sam
► Show Spoiler
Danica

"...Are you sure you do not want to Concede this particular Pokemon? It is very unlikely to get more than perhaps one Attack off..."
"Except all I've got left is Grass types. So....yeah, not ideal."

Oogie blasts the Skiddo with an Ember for heavy damage, but then it slams into him for 54(44) damage, knocking him out.

Oogie (20), KO
Tauros (16), KO
Shinchona (14), 42/74Hp, Recalled
Klefki (14), KO
Combee (12), KO
Swampert (6), KO
Skiddo (5), [12%]
Caballerita (5), 24/70Hp, Recalled

Sal

Audree tries to hit the plant again, but then it starts a chaotic dance that leaves her stumbling around in confusion.

Lilligant (15), Injured
Brooke (13), 27/54Hp, Recalled
Tranquill (12), KO
Audree (10), 35/51Hp, Leech Seeded, Confused

Ian and Carrie

They tricked us into employment, and they would take all of our pokemon in the end. I have no idea why, probably because eventually they will become more powerful.
~But...that doesn't make sense either. If they want them powerful, they'll just wait until you've trained them, then take them. So there would be no reason to be scared of losing them now. And why would they even go to all the trouble of forced coercion when they could just pay someone who doesn't care to raise them for much less effort and risk?~
They only lay claim to our pokemon because they're ours. We don't want them to take our pokemon, our family, so we have to work for them.
"......oooh, I get it now! It's a control thing. They just want you to keep working for them, so they're using the threat of taking your 'mons to discourage you from just quitting and walking away. They don't actually want the 'mons at all!~
And they are a biotech company? Do you have any idea what they do?
~I dunno. Biotech stuff? I think they make medical equipment, mainly. And the League probably hires them to manufacture all the general Pokemon products that we use, too. You know, Pokeballs, TM's, Potions, all that stuff. I heard they have contracts with pretty much every major manufacturing company in the region, and Genco's looks like the biggest one, so it makes sense for them to be in on the deal too.~

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:09 am

Yea, they want us to continue working for them. And if we break the ontract...well taking our pokemon is the least of our problems. We are considered thier property. And they can do almost anything to thier property.

The only way I can make sure that Princess is safe...is with you. If we did ...what they say 'equivilant' exchange. I do not want to loose her, but would rather you have her than genco.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:17 am

"Alright Mars- Put it to sleep!"

1d20=6

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:23 am

Effect Spore on Omanyte: 1D20 = [3] = 3 (Nope)

Now that the Omanyte was asleep, Mace feels comfortable letting Annie back in, again going for another Mega Drain. Despite how big of a threat this thing is, he's not about to risk killing it with a good Razor Leaf.
Mega Drain on Omanyte 2: 1D20 = [19] = 19
1D12+6+11 = [6]+6+11 = 23

Lucky for the Omanyte!

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:52 am

Danica sends Shinchona out and has get used seismic toss.
► Show Spoiler
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:51 pm

"Alright, Bellerophon, Dragon Rage! Finish it off!"

Unfortunately, Bellerophon wasn't feeling particularly angry, and wasn't able to summon up the proper energies required.

--Dragon Rage (AC2): Miss
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Moose, use Slash! You can do it!

Accuracy=5
Power=44

► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:03 am

Hugh

Mars barely manages to Hypnotize the slow Stunfisk, putting it into a deep snooze from which it doesn't wake up. Yet.

Seismitoad (20), KO
Anorith (18), KO
Kalai (15), KO
Aja (13), KO
Mars (3), 7/78Hp
Tirtouga (2), KO
Stunfisk (1), Asleep 16

Mace

Swapping back in Annie, Mace has her drain the sleeping Omanyte to take it out. However, while she recovers a nice 26Hp from the attack, the Omanyte is still barely hanging on to consciousness!

Omanyte (20/10), +4SPD, Asleep 14, [4%]
Annie (4), 61/78Hp
Shimmy (3), 20/58Hp, Recalled

Zyph

Bellerophon tries to finish off the Baltoy with another, slightly different blast of draconic energy, but whiffs, as it hits him with psychic power for 39(26) damage.

Bill (22), KO
Krokorok (17), KO
Wendy (16), KO
Excadrill (12), KO
Baltoy (6), Injured
Hippowdon (5), KO
Bellerophon (5), 48/74Hp

Sam

Moose and the Drilbur trade blows, slashing each other with almost equally sharp claws. The Drilbur does take heavy damage, but also hit Moose for 44(36) damage, making it a pretty even trade.

Drilbur (15)
Nero (14), Recalled
Alexander (12), 17/62Hp, Recalled
Moose (11), 30/66Hp
Draco (11), KO
Rex (9), KO
Baltoy (4), KO
Golett (4), Recalled
Cubone (4), KO
Trapinch (1), KO

Danica

Shinchona has little trouble taking out the Skiddo with a quick Seismic Toss, leaving just one Pokemon left for her opponent - a Carnivine.

Oogie (20), KO
Tauros (16), KO
Shinchona (14), 42/74Hp
Klefki (14), KO
Combee (12), KO
Swampert (6), KO
Carnivine (5)
Skiddo (5), KO

Ian and Carrie

Yea, they want us to continue working for them. And if we break the ontract...well taking our pokemon is the least of our problems. We are considered thier property. And they can do almost anything to thier property.
~That....sounds ominous. But still, they won't be able to do anything too bad - I mean, you're still people, after all.~

The only way I can make sure that Princess is safe...is with you. If we did ...what they say 'equivilant' exchange. I do not want to loose her, but would rather you have her than genco.
"...wait, what?"
The request catches Neiva by surprise so much that she completely forgets they're supposed to be talking telepathically. It takes her a couple of seconds to get a hold of herself, and reply properly.
~Are...are you sure about this? I get that you're scared for her, but....is there not another way?~

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:19 am

it is ominous. The contract more or less gives them a lot of leeway as for what they can do as punishments.

I am not going to give her away now, but unless I find a way to take them down, I might have no other choice. It is going to be the last option. Right now, I am keeping her, and maybe one day we can take genco down

Any help, even if it is just a refererce of someone that can help, would be great.

Carrie opens the contract on her dex and shows it to Neiva. here, maybe you can find a loop hole or something.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:39 am

Yeahhh... I went through the contract. If we do anything they deem as breaking the contract, they can punish us as they see fit. There are some limitations, but the wording essentially means they can do whatever they want. Anybody who's signed the contract is basically considered a tool for them to use as they see fit.

It's either that, which would brand us as terrorists, or we find a way to prove unethical or illegal practices are taking place. We've been to the police, and they're working on it, but GenCo has the money to buy the best lawyers. And the best thugs. There's nothing that they can't deal with. It will take a lot of time and effort to find a way to deal with them legally. But still, resorting to violence is something we really don't want. Innocent people would be hurt, and that's the last thing we want.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:07 am

and i dont trust the system. I have no idea what they do or if they cn help. but if we lose, we would probably get severly punished. I don't know what exacly a terroist is, but I give no shits if i am labled as one.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:15 am

A person who commits crimes against the nation. Generally a very bad person that most people want dead. And it would be Neiva's job to get us arrested, or worse. So let's not put that much strain on ourselves and one of our few friends, yeah?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 am

"Alright, now confuse it Mars!"

Using confuse ray.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:10 am

Mace holds up a 'T' for a timeout.
"Hold up, wait! Listen, would you be alright with taking your squid-thing out of the fight? 'Cause honestly I've been having Annie hold back - she knows Razor Leaf. You've probably fought against it before, right, probably with a lot of close-calls... and losses? It's really easy to get a deadly hit in with it...."
"So how about you call back your pokemon, it doesn't get the chance to wake up, but Annie doesn't get the chance to heal back up to full either. Does that sound fair?"
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:16 am

Danica Trule

Shinchona will move up adjacent to the Carnivine and Focus her Energies.

Next Turn: Vital Throw if able, Karate Chop if not.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Donnigan on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:18 am

oh right, your laws. Neiva, if you can think of anything to help, that would be good. I plan on getting a blank phone to contact you about genco, if we find anything else. I do not trust the equipment they gave us.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:45 am

"Focus, Bellerophon, focus! Fire another twister, and make it count!"

Easily shaking off his previous failure, Bellerophon rears back and fires off a massive draconic burst, easily knocking the airborne Baltoy off-balance in a storm of regal energy.

Bellerophon [Evolution Prerequisites Exceeded (+5)]
--Twister (AC2): CRITICAL HIT! 57 damage special dragon (47 Base + 10 Crit), Flinch Inflicted
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:18 am

Great job Moose, but I think I'm still saving you for another opponent. Come back. Nero, it's your turn. Use Shadow Ball!
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:19 pm

"Come on Audree you can do it!" But she can't... confusion roll: 1D20 = [9] = 9

Next turn:
"Come on back Audree, Caesar take care of this. Bug bite."

Caesar delivers one of the most nasty bites ever.

Bug bite: 1D20 = [20] = 20
2D10+8+14 = [8, 1]+8+14 = 31

crit: 2D10+8 = [5, 4]+8 = 17
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:37 am

Hugh

Mars manages to confuse the weird fish, but then it suddenly wakes up, ignoring the confusion and zapping him with lightning for 61(40) damage, knocking him out.

Seismitoad (20), KO
Anorith (18), KO
Kalai (15), KO
Aja (13), KO
Mars (3), KO
Tirtouga (2), KO
Stunfisk (1), Confused

Mace

"Hold up, wait! Listen, would you be alright with taking your squid-thing out of the fight? 'Cause honestly I've been having Annie hold back - she knows Razor Leaf. You've probably fought against it before, right, probably with a lot of close-calls... and losses? It's really easy to get a deadly hit in with it...."
"So how about you call back your pokemon, it doesn't get the chance to wake up, but Annie doesn't get the chance to heal back up to full either. Does that sound fair?"
"Heh, you and I both know she could easily take him out with a nice weak non-Grass attack, kid."
"But sure, no point in taking unnecessary risks."

Recalling the badly injured Omanyte, the man replaces it with a weird rock bug that Mace doesn't recognize.

Omanyte (20/10), Conceded
Rock Bug (11)
Annie (4), 61/78Hp

Zyph

The Baltoy unloads some more psychic energy on Bellerophon, who takes 39(26) damage, but then the dragon wipes it out with another absolutely devastating Twister. Which just leaves a weird blue golem thing.

Bill (22), KO
Krokorok (17), KO
Wendy (16), KO
Excadrill (12), KO
Baltoy (6), KO
Hippowdon (5), KO
Bellerophon (5), 22/74Hp
Blue Golem (4)

Sam

As Sam swaps in Nero, his opponent switches in a Gligar.

Drilbur (15), Injured, Recalled
Gligar (15)
Nero (14)
Alexander (12), 17/62Hp, Recalled
Moose (11), 30/66Hp, Recalled
Draco (11), KO
Rex (9), KO
Baltoy (4), KO
Golett (4), Recalled
Cubone (4), KO
Trapinch (1), KO
► Show Spoiler
Danica

Shinchona Focuses her Energies and moves closer to the Carnivine, but it just floats up out of her reach and lashes out with its vines for a critical 54(46) damage! However, as the vines hit, Shinchona curls up to protect her vital areas, her muscles doubling in size as she barely withstands the hit!

Shinchona has evolved into a Machoke!

Unfortunately, even with her new size, she's still too low to hit the floating plant....

Oogie (20), KO
Tauros (16), KO
Shinchona (14), 1/77Hp, Focused
Klefki (14), KO
Combee (12), KO
Swampert (6), KO
Carnivine (5)
Skiddo (5), KO

Sal

The Lilligant continues to pile on the status effects, hitting Audree with a cloud of paralyzing spores as she whacks herself in the face again. Sal then swaps in Caeser, but as he does so his opponent switches the Lilligant for a bipedal yellow fox.

Lilligant (15), Injured
Brooke (13), 27/54Hp, Recalled
Caeser (12)
Tranquill (12), KO
Yellow Fox (11)
Audree (10), 25/51Hp, Confused, Paralyzed

Ian and Carrie

Neiva glances at the contract as Ian shows her, but her eyes quickly glaze over.
~Sorry. I'm smart, but I'm not that smart. What you need is someone super smart. Someone like.....oh, I've got it!~
~You remember how I said I got my smarts from possessing a really clever Psychic Pokemon called an Alakazam? Well, I bet that if you showed one of them the contract, they'd be able to help! Somehow. If you could find one.....they're pretty powerful, and rare. I don't think you can even find them in the wild.....~

~But...wait, why would you be a terrorist? Sure, they might be able to get some legal backing if you broke it, but terrorists are people who bomb things, or try and attack the League directly. I don't think breaking a contract with some private genetics company is quite the same thing.~

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:01 am

"Ah, well tried Mars..."

"Alright. Time to send out my pokemon that probably is gonna love this arena. Come on out Bubbles! You know what to do!"

That he does- Charging at the stunfisk, the poliwhirl builds up a wall of water, before slamming it down on the stunfisk in a waterfall cascade!

1d20=16, 3d10+30=49

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:02 am

hmmm. I will try to find a supersmart pokemon. Thanks for your help. It is probably time to go.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:18 am

► Show Spoiler
"Ooohhh, what is that?" Mace asks and scans, always excited to see a new Bug-pokemon. Regarding the match-up though, not mentioning that the thing might have a nasty Bug-attack, since this new pokemon was a Bug, then that negates Annie's advantage against it. And by now it's already been established that if Mace fights this guy's team on even ground then they're just going to overpower everything Mace has. He has to fight at an advantage of some kind.

So, Mace decides to switch in Arrow, a healthy 8 meters away from his opponent.
"Hit it hard and fast, Arrow, with a Scald!"
With Arrow's Surface speed of 9, he shouldn't have a problem getting in range!
Scald on unfamiliar Rock Bug: 1D20 = [5] = 5
3D10+12+18 = [9, 3, 3]+12+18 = 45

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:37 am

Danica Trule

"Congratulations, Shinchona! Excellent work! Hmm...They seem to be just out of your reach...You will have to Return for now. Go, Grind!" Danica says, returning her brand new Machoke and sending out her Klank as close to the Carnivine as she can. "Grind! Get Closer and Bind it! Or Charge Beam if it is out of reach!"

Grind Bind or Charge Beam (1d20=10, 1d6+6=7, 1d20=12, 2d8+17=33)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:14 am

Mace

Mace swaps in Arrow, who blasts Scalding hot water at the Anorith. However the bug Protects itself from the powerful stream of water, surfacing unscathed. Then his opponent recalls it, sending out a rock-shelled turtle in replacement right next to Arrow.

Omanyte (20/10), Conceded
Arrow (15)
Anorith (11), Recalled
Annie (4), 61/78Hp, Recalled
Rock Turtle (1)

Hugh

Bubbles does heavy damage to the Stunfisk as he slams into it, and thankfully manages not to get zapped as it thrashes around in confusion. Unfortunately though, the Static contact with the fish does cause him to become paralyzed!

Seismitoad (20), KO
Bubbles (9/19), Paralyzed 6
Anorith (18), KO
Kalai (15), KO
Aja (13), KO
Mars (3), KO
Tirtouga (2), KO
Stunfisk (1), Confused, Badly Injured

Danica

Shinchona gets swapped for Grind, who gets bitten by the plant's large mouth for 38(23) damage as it Binds the Carnivine.

Oogie (20), KO
Tauros (16), KO
Shinchona (14), 1/77Hp, Recalled
Klefki (14), KO
Combee (12), KO
Swampert (6), KO
Grind (5), 30/53Hp, Trapped 3
Carnivine (5), [82%], Trapped 3
Skiddo (5), KO