GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 89)

Post by WearsHats » Mon May 25, 2015 9:46 am

WearsHats wrote:Heal Leaves. And, I presume, move forward with the others.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 90)

Post by Nerre » Mon May 25, 2015 10:10 am

Remedy sticks with the others, aiding them if neccessary (OOC: Please also make her follow the others and aid them in a fight if one occurs, as I have to work the next 6 or more days in a row. I might fail to notice updates.)
:zzz:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:46 am

Steals will find a solid place to mark with his iron stake before moving on.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Leaves follows, scanning around and covering the rear with his crossbow.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed May 27, 2015 1:27 pm

All swaps her mace for her bow and carries along with the others now the stake is placed.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 91)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 91

Steals and All cover the party with their ranged weapons as Steals sinks the Iron Stake into a gap between two blocks of the stone path. The party then moves on as a group, after Mines attempts to heal Leaves. The darkness twists and writhes in his chest... and fends off the healing energy, leaving him gasping for breath. He recovers enough to move on... he could feel it fighting Mines healing, and only barely managed to avoid being purged.

Costa really wishes he had something to drink. Remedy trails along with the others.

A steady hum builds as a swarm of mosquitoes rises out of the swampy grass and descends on the party... the smoke of the mosquito grass is keeping them at bay for the moment though. Ahead of them, the wispy orbs drift closer and closer, then darting away, almost as if trying to draw the group further along.
► Show Spoiler
Current Battlemap

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
HP: 5/5
ATT: 4
DEF: 1
Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
ATT: 2 (% to give additional +1 ATT)(% chance to cause bleed damage)
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4 (mace) or 3 (bow)
DEF: 2 (75% to give additional +1) (+1 conditional from Buckler)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
HP: 4/5
ATT: 3/2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3 (% chance for burn damage)
DEF: 3 (75% for additional +1)
Mudhoney Blessing: Slight Blink: can be activated once per adventure, for 10 consecutive rounds, has a 10% chance for attacks by and against to miss.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
ATT: 2
DEF: 3 (50% for additional +1)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed May 27, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed May 27, 2015 3:05 pm

"I think we should hurry a bit more. Not much grass left." Remedy says and sticks close to the moss carrier, hoping he will speed up a bit. If a mosquito comes to close, she will swing her sword at it, but not stop to loot anything.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed May 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Leaves taps Mines on the shoulder, touching his own chest then making a claw with his fingers, then pointing to the Pope-peller hat and shaking his head. He continues along after the others.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Mines is able to see the patch of darkened flesh puckering around the wound in Leaves' chest. It's pretty gross, but doesn't seem to extend to any of the important organs inside.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed May 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Mines moves on with the others.

(What does "avoid being purged" in this context mean? The healing magic is fighting the dark magic. Does "purged" mean the healing magic wasn't quite strong enough to get rid of the dark magic? Or does it mean that the conflicting magics are potentially able to inflict additional damage rather than heal?)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 pm

(The former.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed May 27, 2015 3:53 pm

"Leaves, I'm sorry it didn't work. I'm willing to try again if you are. But if you'd rather leave it alone for now, we can try that. Hopefully, it won't get any worse. But it may just be that if I can concentrate a little harder* I can clear the last of the dark magic for you."

*Translation: roll slightly better

► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed May 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Leaves gestures ahead, eager to get on with the task at hand and content to just point out the wound remaining unhealed.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed May 27, 2015 5:36 pm

In that case, revert to plan for last two turns. Attempt healing, move along.

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:48 am

Onwards to adventure! Steals ignores the mosquitoes for now certain that Mines have the mosquito grass under control
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu May 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Remedy tries to touch the darkened flesh with her amulette, as she thinks it has a positive effect on herself. So why not on him as well?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu May 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Onwards and upwards!

Also, there's always a chance that channeling positive energy into the creepy stone on the staff will fix the residual gribble in Leaves' body but it may not work and may also destroy a potentially useful item in the process. Your call. Maybe Costa could look and see if there's any kind of linky magical residue between the staff and Leaves' body... I'm just thinking of the magic-o-vision description of the staff as 'seeming as though it had magic before' - maybe it is currently in Leaves?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu May 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Okay, then I will postpone my action with the amulette to a later time. Let him check it with his magicvision first.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu May 28, 2015 4:07 pm

(Happy to try anything, as long as it doesn't slow progress significantly. Don't really want to be standing around on a swampy walkway with mosquitos buzzing nearby while we experiment.)
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 29, 2015 8:42 am

((Costa can look, Remedy can press amulet and Mines can attempt a heal without delaying forward progress, though Asks hasn't posted, and may be getting skipped/voted for soon... Feel free to add conditional actions if you wish, otherwise I'll treat that as a vote for Costa to look, mines stenotype his cures, and the party to move on regardless of whether anything works... So take care of anything else you need to do and I'll update possibly later today. tomorrow evening [72 hours after last update] with whatever actions I have available.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat May 30, 2015 3:10 pm

OOC: I took back the amulet action, as nikohl pointed out some things.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 92)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 30, 2015 9:57 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 92

As Remedy urges haste, Leaves gets Mines' attention to let him know that the healing isn't going as smoothly as normal, but making it clear that he isn't severely impaired, and doesn't want to hold up forward progress.

Costa idly drops his goblin corpse, puts on the glasses, takes them off, shrugs and shoulders his burden. There is a dark aura coming from the wound, but doesn't bear a similarity to anything he's seen before.

Mines empties his mind of all distraction, focuses on the healing powers of his hat and the propeller begins to spin, building more and more energy. He reaches out and places his palm on Leaves chest and unleashes it. With a jolt, the other goblin steps back, his chest aglow in golden light, in its center a black nodule. As they watch, glow nibbles away at the darkness, slowly at first, then faster and faster until with one last pulse of light, it fades, leaving his flesh unmarked. Leaves breathes easier with the numbing ache gone. [Leaves to 5/5 HP]

With relief, the party moves forward, following the darting orbs of light as they dance down the ancient stone pathway. The mosquito swarm trails behind, frustrated by the smoke keeping them at bay.

Suddenly, there is a stirring in the swamp water to either side of the road as small hunched creatures emerge from the muck and shuffle and jump their way to block the party's progress. Hunched over as they are, none of them stand taller than waist high on the goblins, their coarse greenish brown skin covering lumpy muscle and bone. The lower half of their faces are split by a wide mouth, rimmed by pallid rubbery lips. Above that, a slit of a nose, and bulging reddish eyes. Each of them is wearing a rough vest woven of reeds and marsh grass, and they carry an assortment of familiar weapons in their long, web fingered hands.

They squat back on their haunches, their heavily muscled legs and broad feet balancing in conjunction with their short tails. It appears you have met the 'swamp hoppers' who made many of the crude weapons in Mantagar's cart. There is a dozen of them facing the goblins, about half with spears, the other half with blades and shields. Currently, they aren't pointing any of them at the goblins, just holding them at the ready. One in the center shuffles forward, looks them over, extends a long finger to point at their weaponry and armor, then gestures to the swampy water to either side of the stone path.

The goblins independently hear a whispering in their minds, so faint and tiny that it doesn't fully register on a conscious level... "...iron...bad...take...off...steel...remove...iron".. It's an annoying stray thought flitting around the back of their skulls, and while they feel a vague desire to drop their weapons and armor into the murky depths, the voice carries no real compulsion to follow through.

It's at about this time that Leaves, as their rearguard, looks behind them as notices that the stone pathway behind them has disappeared. Not abruptly, but compared to the path stretched forward ahead of them, it just fades out behind them... almost as if it has receded to deep in the water to see... or was never as real as it seemed...
► Show Spoiler

Current Battlemap

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
ATT: 4
Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
ATT: 2 (% to give additional +1 ATT)(% chance to cause bleed damage)
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4 (mace) or 3 (bow)
DEF: 2 (75% to give additional +1) (+1 conditional from Buckler)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
HP:5/5
ATT: 3/2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3 (% chance for burn damage)
DEF: 3 (75% for additional +1)
Mudhoney Blessing: Slight Blink: can be activated once per adventure, for 10 consecutive rounds, has a 10% chance for attacks by and against to miss.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
ATT: 2
DEF: 3 (50% for additional +1)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sun May 31, 2015 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat May 30, 2015 10:46 pm

... We forgot to leave an iron spike behind us last turn, didn't we?

Crap.

I'll use my amulet to try to keep things calm. But I'm not sure how to interpret their gestures or what to say to them.

► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat May 30, 2015 11:47 pm

I thought we were leaving them every now and again, not every turn, as we only have four. *shrug*

"Ahem. Stand aside, please, fellow beings!" All states from beside Mines with his amulet in effect. "Return to your swamp - we have no quarrel with you!"

She'll shoot the leader in the face if he sends the troop to attack rather than going away or anything else non-peaceful.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun May 31, 2015 4:06 am

Leaves taps whoever holds the iron stakes to drive one into the path where they stand, then encourages the others to ignore the swmap hoppers and continue on. If they attack, Leaves will shoot any that attacks them first.
► Show Spoiler