GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 133)

Post by nikohl » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:53 am

"Hello? Did you bring this letter here? Can you talk?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:47 am

OOC: I assume the open tower allows us to hear Mines on the second floor.

Hearing Mines call for help, Steals sighs at the countless enemies and starts running down and outside with both sword and shield raised as he passes All.

If he can't hear them, he'll continue his search for loot
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:22 am

Leaves gives up his rummaging after a fruitless search, and makes his way down to All. Hearing Mines holler, he dashes outside and joins the fray.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:40 am

(Yes, the boys upstairs can hear Mines, and a double move puts them outside the tower, but with only a minor action remaining. On the way down, you'd pass All and the awake human 'patient'.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:27 am

Remedy switches back to sword and shield, fighting defensively, only hitting if the foe attacks, priority on deflecting/evading than dealing damage.

OOC: neverending quest! I thought after the thralls death and mothers death the quest would be over and we could at least go back to the path where we took the wrong turn...never was i so wrong. Now we are fighting against aliens (like in the aliens movie) it seems. :paranoia:
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 134)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 134

Outside the Tower

"...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...."

Mines steps back from the creature and channels some healing into Costa before shouting up to the tower, "Guys? We've got a new enemy here, and he just shrugged off my best swing. Could use some backup!" [Costa +1 to 3/5 HP]

Costa stows the skeletal wand and picks up the shield that Remedy had dropped for him, taking his place at her side and striking at the creature. The gladius skitters harmlessly off the creature's hard plating. As he finishes his swing, another gout of green mist-smoke pours from his mouth and nose, and he feels distinctly "not great". This time the mist-smoke dissipates into the haze of the swamp. Costa -1 to 2/5 HP]

The creature tears into Remedy again, and again deals heavy damage before disengaging, despite her healing factor working to negate part of the blows. [Remedy -2 to 1/5 HP]

Remedy tucks the axe away, despite her anger, and equips her bone shield and grabs for her sword, only to realize she'd given her bone blade to Costa and he'd stolen her iron gladius with a kiss! She equips her bone studded club instead for the time being and strikes the creature, knocking it to the ground momentarily before it gathers its feet under itself and hisses at her.

One of the deep gashes begins itching furiously. [Remedy +1 to 2/5 HP]

Inside the Tower: Second Floor

"Guys? We've got a new enemy here, and he just shrugged off my best swing. Could use some backup!"

Leaves and Steals respond to Mines call for help and dash down the circular stairs, past All and the man on the cot and emerge from the front of the tower where they see their companions beset by the armor plated bluish creature.

Inside the Tower: First Floor

"Hello? Did you bring this letter here? Can you talk?", All asks, holding the parchment out for the man to see. His eyes look past the page, and past her, before his head whips over his right shoulder as if he is trying to look through the walls and out into the courtyard. He lurches off the bed and stumbles to the small rolling table near the beds, grasping it to hold his balance as it scoots away slightly. He grasps at the shallow box on its surface and manages to throw back the lid. His grasping hand emerges with a short bronze blade and he begins shambling towards the exit of the tower, his limbs flailing with the bare modicum of coordination when he starts, but gaining strength and confidence as he moves.

***My bad that I didn't see All's dialogue and respond earlier. Nikohl, you can take actions for All still this turn and I'll add it to this update.

Inside the Tower: First Floor Map

Outside the Tower

Leaves and Steals are bumped aside as the man from the cot lurches between them, headed towards Remedy, bronze blade clutched in his hand.

► Show Spoiler

[Available for looting/searching (?):
In Tower, 1st Floor: workbench (spilled orange potion, parchment letter, ?), beds (?), cart (?), cabinet (?)

In Tower, 2nd Floor: skeleton, rubble (rotten wood, moldy leather corset, ?), Mother's 'nest' (bones, moss and vegetation, ? )

Outside Tower: charred human corpse, dwarf corpse, rags, human corpse, rags, elf corpse, rags, human corpse, rags, half orc corpse, rags, Reginald's corpse and his things (?), Mother's corpse and her things (?), cookpot of gruel, live troll head]

► Show Spoiler
Battlemap

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
HP: 2/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 1

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4
DEF: 2/2 (75% to give additional +1) (+1 conditional from Buckler)

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
HP:5/5
ATT: 3|2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
HP: 3/5
ATT: 3 (% chance for burn damage)
DEF: 3 (75% for additional +1)

Mudhoney Blessing: Slight Blink: can be activated once per adventure, for 10 consecutive rounds, has a 10% chance for attacks by and against to miss.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
HP: 5/5
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Heal Remedy, move to intercept the human. (Keeping myself between him and the others.) "Sir? I'm glad you're feeling better, but there's a vicious and powerful monster. I advise you to wait inside the tower."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:18 pm

((I'm assuming this warrants application of your calming influence.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:23 pm

All will look out of the window to see what's going on, judge that the group kinda have it under control, and continue searching inside in case there is important info/items to be found that could help. She will keep her ears open for sounds of greater danger in case they do need her.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:54 pm

OOC: what irony. All the bad guys go for Remedy, who gave her best in the beginning of the fight to kill nobody. :/
Also I think her hp in the tabs is wrong, as you wrote a +1 itching that brought her to 2/5 hp.

"Help!" Remedy shouts again, even louder, to make even the last of her group come out of the tower and join the fight. "Use blunt weapons or magic, it has a very strong armor!"
She circles to the left, so Costa would end up behind the beast if it continued to follow her, flanking it together with Mines, who was coming from a third direction.
Or, if Costa would continue to side up with her, at least Mines and the others coming from the tower would end up attacking the beast from the rear.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:48 pm

Leaves shows no hesitation in throwing himself at the insectoid, to distract it from the others if not injure it. He tries to aim his blows at its limbs and underbelly.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:59 pm

PS: If the insect gets pasts remedy's defense, she will try to aim for it's eyes, as they might be the weakest spot on the elsewhere armored body. If thats not possible at least aim for the head, hoping to break some antennas or whatever.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:26 pm

Nerre wrote:Also I think her hp in the tabs is wrong, as you wrote a +1 itching that brought her to 2/5 hp.
Quite right. That has been corrected. ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:15 am

I just hope it is enough for the next attack...and that the guy with the bronze sword is rather some kind of monster hunter than another enemy.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:50 am

Steals will attack the insectoid with sword and shield
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 135)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:22 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 135

Inside the Tower: First Floor, End of Turn 134

All either has a lot of confidence in her fellow goblins, or doesn't view that fellow as a threat to them, as she watches him leave clutching the blade, shrugs, and gets back to her searching. She opens the cabinet in the workbench and finds a smallish stoneware crock, the lid of which is sealed in wax. She heads to the tall wooden cabinet and opens the door fully. Folded inside are what appear to be spare linens for the beds, a half dozen sets of crude rags similar to what the thralls and the man who just stumbled out were wearing, and a single folded set of traveler's clothes.

(There aren't any windows in the tower...)

Start of Turn 135

Inside the Tower: First Floor

All gives a quick search of the beds, and turns up nothing other than the linens covering them, nothing tucked away under the sparsely padded mattresses. The box on the small rolling table seems to contain an odd assortment of bladed instruments... whether they are intended for healing or torture she couldn't say. All are clean and polished, but they seem to be all made from bronze or other metals not containing any iron or steel.

Outside the Tower

Mines fires up the ol' healing propeller and channels a beam of healing into Remedy before holding his staff across his chest to block the man's progress. "Sir? I'm glad you're feeling better, but there's a vicious and powerful monster. I advise you to wait inside the tower." [Remedy +1 to 3/5 HP]

Leaves swings around the confrontation and sprints towards the creature attacking Remedy, leaping over the ruin of Reginald's corpse to land behind the creature. He drives his daggers towards it, seeking a soft spot. His ethereal blade skitters across the armored back, but the second blade is deflected into a join between two plates. The creature hisses and jerks away from the attack.

Costa peeks out from behind his shield to level a swing at the creature, and he too manages to get in a solid blow, clear fluid seeping from the wound.

The creature seems angered by the new attackers, but remains resolute on putting Remedy down, as it leaps at her once again. This time though, she's better equipped to meet its attack, catching its full weight against her shield as it bears her backward. One clawed limb reaches around the shield and digs deeply into her chest, the creature's chitter of success turning to one of frustration as the wound closes around the claw, forcing it back out of her flesh. The creature drops to the ground, hissing and chittering, and begins eyeing the other two goblins that dealt it damage, as if trying to gauge if one of them might be a less bothersome target.

"Help! Use blunt weapons or magic, it has a very strong armor!"

Remedy circles around to her left before attacking... she certainly has regained the creature's full attention once again. Her club thumps against its carapace near the head, and one of the bone shards must have punched through a less armored spot as more of the clear fluid that seems to be its blood is seeping out.
► Show Spoiler
Another of her cuts seals shut with a bout of itching. [Remedy +1 to 4/5 HP]

Steals joins the fray, attacking with blade and shield, and connecting with both as he drives the creature to the mud. It's taken heavy damage, but hasn't given up yet.

The man holding the bronze blade stops short of Mines, cocking his head as the goblin speaks and regarding his outstretched staff with an odd expression. The armored creature hisses and the man's eyes snap up to lock with Mines'. He opens his mouth in a soundless scream and plunges the bronze blade towards the goblin healer's neck...

Mines was prepared, however, and spins his staff, knocking the man's arm to the side, the thrust passing harmlessly to his left.

"I HEAR YOU! I'M COMING!"

► Show Spoiler

In Tower, 1st Floor: workbench (spilled orange potion, parchment letter, stoneware crock), beds (linens), cart (box of blades), cabinet (traveler's clothes, rags, linens)

In Tower, 2nd Floor: skeleton, rubble (rotten wood, moldy leather corset, ?), Mother's 'nest' (bones, moss and vegetation, ? )

Outside Tower: charred human corpse, dwarf corpse, rags, human corpse, rags, elf corpse, rags, human corpse, rags, half orc corpse, rags, Reginald's corpse and his things (?), Mother's corpse and her things (?), cookpot of gruel, live troll head]

► Show Spoiler

Battlemap

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
HP: 4/5
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Mudhoney Blessing: Slight Blink: can be activated once per adventure, for 10 consecutive rounds, has a 10% chance for attacks by and against to miss.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Heal Costa, continue to block the patient.

"Who are you? What do you want? "
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:15 pm

His vacant eyes reveal nothing... and his actions are worryingly similar to the other thralls the goblins had encountered.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:59 pm

"Anyone still have that rope? I think it might come in handy soon..."

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:42 pm

"Look at the ground, it is almost standing on those loops! Just don't use the parts I wrapped around the unconscious goblins and the halfling."
Remedy focuses on finishing of the beast with her club, hitting it's head as often as possible.

If it dies before it is her turn or during her turn, she will claim it's body as a trophy and its armor for her voodoo item collection.
"You will make a nice piece of armor or devotional object. I hope I did not spend so much time wrapping those guys up, only to now find out all of them have something like that inside. We should check them to be sure. Especially as the pregnant ones got away, who also might carry one of those beasts!"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Steals double attacks any hostiles, insectoid is priority
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:01 am

Leaves continues attacking the creature.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 136)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:33 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 136

Inside the Tower

All heads upstairs and rummages around in nesting debris. Her questing hands find a worn leather cap. It's a bit stained and dirty, especially around a tear in the back. There is a small bit of hair and skin matted to the inside of the cap in that spot.

Outside the Tower

Mines maintains his position blocking the man's forward progress, but manages to spare enough attention to heal Costa. [Costa +1 to 3/5 HP]

Leaves drives both daggers towards the creature, the first not finding purchase as his target shifts to the side... right into his second blade, which slips between the armor plating to score a solid hit.

Costa strikes the creature as well, it's now dripping clear ichor and moving noticeably slower.

Remedy leaps forward, bringing her club down on the creature, again slamming it to the mud.

The creature gets up shakily, and rushes Steals, seemingly less intent on dealing damage, and more seeking to break free from the goblins circling it. The well equipped goblin catches the creature on his shield and shoves it backwards.

Steals lunges forward with his blade, it enters between the head and the thorax and penetrates deeply into its flesh, emerging from bottom to pin the creature to the ground. With one last shudder and a chittering cry, the creature slumps to the ground.

The thrall being held at bay by Mines twitches and stops trying to get past him, instead his head and eyes roaming from side to side as if lost and seeking something, yet unable to find it. He begins wandering away from the scene of the battle, the direction of his movements seemingly random as he shuffles along.

"HOLD ON,*thumpthump* I'M NEARLY*thumpthump*THERE!"

The fight over, the goblins' attention is drawn towards the stone pathway, where they see Mantagar charging towards them, hammer gripped in one hand and a trio of throwing axes in the other. A length of chain is looped crosswise from one shoulder across his chest, weighing down the light, silvery fabric of his apron that is otherwise fluttering with the speed of his approach. He skitters to a halt, his hooves clattering against the stone when he sees his goblin friends don't seem to be in any current danger. He stands there huffing as he works to catch his breath.

"You did it? She's dead? .... She didn't turn you, did she?", he looks around for his foe, his eyes landing on the wandering thrall. He tenses and transfers an axe to his throwing hand and pulls back his arm to throw. "LOOK OUT!"

In Tower, 1st Floor: workbench (spilled orange potion, stoneware crock), beds (linens), cart (box of blades), cabinet (traveler's clothes, rags, linens)

In Tower, 2nd Floor: skeleton, rubble (rotten wood, moldy leather corset, ?), Mother's 'nest' (bones, moss and vegetation, worn leather cap ? )

Outside Tower: charred human corpse, dwarf corpse, rags, human corpse, rags, elf corpse, rags, human corpse, rags, half orc corpse, rags, Reginald's corpse and his things (?), Mother's corpse and her things (?), cookpot of gruel, live troll head, insectoid creature corpse]

► Show Spoiler
Battlemap

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
HP: 4/5
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:40 am

All looks up when she hears Mantagar yelling (i saw him coming but i don't think All would have heard him til he arrived) and rushes to the part of the wall that Mother fell over, leaning out to look.

"Hey, Mantagar! You can come outside your forge now! That's great! Oh... be careful of that guy, everyone... I don't think he's all the way broken yet but he's still kind of grabby... I'm trying to find a way to fix him."

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:01 am

"Mantagar! Thanks for coming! That was quite a risk for us. But, yes, we did it. I think we might need your help to find our way back, though; we missed staking part of the path. Hopefully, these last thralls can now be cured."

OOC: All, you want to tell him (and the rest of us) about the letter?

► Show Spoiler