The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:26 am

Sweet! That'll help :)

EDIT: Also, I might be bored this weekend, so if anyone wants a character sprite drawn let me know. The style will be something like these

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:18 am

I am more battle field control. I have been using This spell list and This guidebook on druids to help me out a bit. It dont have the specifics on what land/moon druids are, but it helps me on the selection on some of the spells.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:25 am

Thanks, Thinks. I'm doing family stuff all day, so won't be able to do much book checking, just pop in occasionally to answer any questions I can.

Pat, it won't be until tonight or tomorrow that I get you your questionnaire.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:53 am

Cool, cool. With Pat's paladin, that gives us the heavy anchor. I think we have the makings of a decent deep insertion team, provided they live long enough to level up. ;)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:08 pm

Here's hoping!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:14 am

thinkslogically wrote:Sweet! That'll help :)

EDIT: Also, I might be bored this weekend, so if anyone wants a character sprite drawn let me know. The style will be something like these
ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! Okay, I'll tone down my excitement for a character sprite..

Please don't make it a naked old man.. :P

My character is a tall and slim. He has a light brown hair with light blue eyes and his skin is tanned. His most notable feature is a facial tattoo around his right eye portraying an arcane mark and his flamboyant outfit. He also enjoys playing around with magic and is a bit of a trickster if that's going to inspire you :P
And also human :roll:
Last edited by Theis2 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To add race to the description
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:37 am

I'll put this in the opening thread for the game, but just as a note, when I ask for you to make rolls with advantage or with disadvantage, you can enter that into the Coyotecode roller as a code that will return the desired result.

Advantage = 2d20.high(1)
Disadvantage = 2d20.low(1)

I have questionnaires back from most, just sent Pat one, and will give them another look over and see if I have any questions. I've started world and lore building, and hope to officially start soon after I return home later this week.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:02 am

If you have any starting gear you don't want, or have items you'd like to buy, you can go ahead and do that. I'm not sure if book prices have changed from 3.5, but d20srd would be a good place to peruse to get started. If there is something you have in mind, and need it looked up, let me know and I'll see what I can do
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:29 am

As an entertainer, my skills are fire eating and dancing, but I get a musical instrument (I think I took panpipes). I assume I can do the fire eating with ordinary kit (ie oil and a torch) but let me know if you want to work out some other way. I also might switch out the musical instrument (if you agree) for something more appropriate to her back story, but I'll need to see what's available for swapping...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:38 am

My character plays the flute, perhaps we can have a play-off. :D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:46 am

Seems like we can make an adventurer band, at least 4 of us have an instrument that they can play xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:58 am

Heck yeah! We'll make our enemies ears bleed.

with our beautiful music...

So, thinks, you are the other Tiefling...interesting..

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:30 am

Apparently I can't have a wooden shield and quarterstaff equiped at the same time. :/ Okay so if I pick up a scimitar, could I sell it at half price and buy stuff with that? .....Wait a min, it says that the quarterstaff is versitile. Meaning I can use one or two hands with it, and since the staff is my focus I can cast with it yea?....

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:59 am

Apparently you can, sorry I'd thought it was only two handed.

A quarterstaff and wooden staff used as a focus are not the same thing though... if you wanted your quarter staff to BE your focus, I'd allow that, though if you replace the staff, you'd need a new focus.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:27 am

Now if I interpret my abilities correctly, my ranger dual wields two short swords. Does that mean I get two attacks per round? (This is different from the 3.5e that I last played). If I do get two attacks, does it have to directed to the same target? Can one be used to block and one to attack? Just trying to get a feel for his mechanics.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:34 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Heck yeah! We'll make our enemies ears bleed.

with our beautiful music...

So, thinks, you are the other Tiefling...interesting..
I am! And somehow also a rogue and entertainer... Its a weird mix but should be fun to play!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:38 am

I would also be interested in knowing everyones character gender...

I'm playing my first Female character (ever)...we'll see how this goes.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 am

Lurks, if you are wielding two light weapons, when you use your attack action to swing with one, you vac use your bonus action to attack with the other, but it doesn't get any positive ability modifiers. Rangers later take a Fighting Style, at which you could select 2 weapon furthering and be able to apply your modifier.

@ALL- Just as a note, the offer to let you sell off items and buy things isn't to be abused please. (Don't choose something just because it's worth more and say you're taking the gold just to buy something else in that category) Also keep in mind the packs you start with have items in them too.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:47 am

That helps. I didn't expect him to Cuisinart at first level. But it is nice to know that he could later. :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:56 am

I agree! And Ulmwin, as the bard, will take the lead... Together, they'll all be able to deliver the very best kind of music... The ones ROCK gnomes are famous for..!

Classical folk music.

I have profiency with the lute, and have another two instruments I'm proficient with. Haven't decided which yet though. :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:02 am

Yeah, I was looking at a bard for our next RL campaign and the number of instruments they get is kind of high... Its not like fighters start with 3 swords or anything.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:04 am

Yeah, three is ridiculous.

Two is enough.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:09 am

BadgeAddict wrote: I'm playing my first Female character (ever)...we'll see how this goes.
Top tip for playing a realistic female: forget her gender and just play the character. In the vast majority of D&DD circumstances, it won't matter anyway.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:10 am

I tried searching the web for info on 5e, and it really seems to be rather sparse, open content-wise.

The forest Gnome cleric is male. He is Coljin Burberry.

I am unsure what domain to take for his goddess. Any thoughts? Has anyone found access online to domain information?
If not, I'll just wait on Spider and wait for the info from him. I know he is more than willing to help, but it is a lot of typing for him which would be alleviated if I could just find it online.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:14 am

thinkslogically wrote:
BadgeAddict wrote: I'm playing my first Female character (ever)...we'll see how this goes.
Top tip for playing a realistic female: forget her gender and just play the character. In the vast majority of D&DD circumstances, it won't matter anyway.

It's not like I was going to play a sexually frustrate female.

I mean, I get it, just play the character, but a female character thinks about things differently than a Man...or at least I would assume so.

Perhaps not...