Hey your not supposed to give the gm ideas! :p

Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:57 pm

But how am I meant to make money from your failings otherwise? :P
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm

A connection to the Thieves' Guild fits with my plans for Korrik, though a connection where he's on their good side...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Well, Syli's not intending to rat anyone out, and is actually looking to try to make a contact here, so there's a possibility.

Whether she succeeds is another question. :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:18 pm

FYI: Thieves Guilds (as you might think of them; if they exist at all) do not operate openly in this world, and certainly wouldn't be the kind of organisation to have a Guild Hall and weekly meetings. Organised crime is kind of known to probably occur, but most people (at least where you guys came from) probably wouldn't have had any real contact with it. Korrik is the likely exception.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Ah okay. I figured since Gwen was a bounty hunter she may had some run ins with it, sorry!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Nah, you're good :) She may well have had some experience with organised crime and gangs and that kind of thing, but nothing as open and organised as an overt Thieves Guild.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:29 am

Sorry to hold up the group. Kal just had to stop and see what he could do. But now he knows there's nothing he can do, and is mostly just trying to disentangle himself. Take one last look around and walk away if he can. (Of course, Thinks said the NPC had already walked away.) I don't think it should take much longer.

Though it will be interesting to see how things develop with an earnest bright-eyed paladin amongst some of the other party members...
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm just doing the update now. Time in these updates is a little flexible, so even though I said she'd walked away, you can still retroactively react to the things she said or did and they'll just happen before she leaves. It's basically a compromise on realism to keep the pace up.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:15 pm

That's what I figured when I posted after you said she'd left. I figured those would be my parting words. Except it's just kind of kept going on. We'll get it straightened out. :)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:12 pm

WearsHats wrote:Though it will be interesting to see how things develop with an earnest bright-eyed paladin amongst some of the other party members...
:paranoia: o:)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:42 pm

We have a paladin? What, nooo, Mehriv didn't deliberately hire a smuggler. Not at allll. >.>
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:09 pm

Don't worry, in this edition pallidins dont have to be lawful good

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Thank goodness. Unlawful goodness especially.
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:01 pm

But ours is LG.

For one thing, it wasn't clear to me that was allowed in the rules. For another, it's my first time playing a paladin, and I figure I should do it up right. Also, it seemed right for the character.

I'm not entirely sure right now how he'll handle finding out that some of his friends might be less than honest and reputable. Depends on what they're doing, I guess.

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Yeah, your +3 Insight might mean I get caught in a lie at some point here, but while Korrik is certainly not lawful, he shades to the good side of things (NG), so more likely to find middle ground than if he was more CN.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Paladins can be as nuanced as anyone else now, and they also can't fall unless the player wants it. It gives them a lot more subtlety I think, but there's also nothing at all wrong with the classic LG paladin. In fact, it's probably the better of the options in terms of mechanical power (though thats arguably one of least important metrics in 5e!)

But, that's also not a choice that needs to be made until level 3, so just play for now and see where he ends up. Same for all of you really. Levels 1 and 2 are kind of still part of the character creation process.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:08 pm

+3 insight, like I said, seems somewhat out of character for him.

One of his traits is that he keeps an open mind. He knows his way isn't the only way, and people have reasons for their actions. He's a lot more concerned with the well-being of the people around him than the decrees of distant governments. And LG doesn't mean he'll never buck an unjust law. So you might be able to talk him closer to NG. But getting him to knowingly break the law would take a lot of convincing, and he'll never be comfortable with it unless he knows the law and/or the government that set is unjust/corrupt/evil.

Thing is, his whole life has been spent in a tiny remote village with wise elders and little to no crime. And most of that was spent hunting in the woods or tending the shrine. He's got some book knowledge, but he's sheltered and naive. So, on the one hand, crime is a strange and abhorrent thing, but, on the other hand, he's vulnerable to fast talk (insight notwithstanding).

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:43 am

Hey folks, sorry I forgot to tell you I have classes on Tuesday nights so they'll be hit or miss re. updates. Will get you one tonight though for sure :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Ooh, Mehr actually caught up to Gwen. Burns, add rat traps to the list of things we want!
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:14 pm

How does Gwen know this? Also she does have a cage animal trap.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:31 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Mehriv catches up to Gwen as she hurries away from the scene she's caused, and they return to the main square.
I just couldn't be bothered to say it IC. Might as well do that now I guess.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Healers Kit: This kit is a leather pouch containing bandages, salves, and splints. The kit has ten uses. As an action, you can expend one use of the kit to stabilize a creature that has 0 hit points, without needing to make a Wisdom (Medicine) check.

Herbalism Kit: This kit contains a variety of instruments such as clippers, mortar and pestle, and pouches and vials used by herbalists to create remedies and potions. Proficiency with this kit lets you add your proficiency bonus to any Ability Checks you make to Identify or apply herbs. Also, proficiency with this kit is required to create Antitoxin and potions of Healing.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:13 pm

I've no need to buy starting equipment.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Lets see....what do we need for our shop

Mop/broom (???) , bucket (5 cp), soap, bell 1 gp, hooded lamp (5 gp) OR candles (1 cp), merchant scale (5 gp), abacus (2 gp), lock (10 gp), and some sort of lock box for moneys.