PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:09 am

Alex is content to let Hopper do the talking.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:28 am

"The king and Jack are having a little conversation, if you get what I'm saying."

"The king? King of what?"

Izzy isn't really sure what to make of these two. This wasn't another maze trick, was it? No, there was light now - she was definitely out of there. Which means these were just some normal ruffians, like those kids back at the bridge. And she guessed this "king" was the leader of their gang or something? But then, why was he meeting with Jack?

Out of curiosity, she extends her still-active wind senses past the bodyguards and under the door, trying to get an idea of what's going on behind it.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:07 am

She looks embarrassed as the Zozoark starts to go around and strut it's illusion. She can't seem to pull herself away from it. Focus [2d6] = 3 Since the zozark is showing off it's illusion, she absentmidingly takes a video of it strutting around.

Haley lets Alex talk about everything, she knows he is better than this. And she has much more important things to look at.

(Tex is still tied up. Haley didn't untie him.)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:49 am

This is it, time to see if this mirror plan really works! Whatever it's supposed to do??

Koa edges to the corner, clutching the mirror, heart beginning to race, waiting. When it seems the monster/robot/thing will be right on top of him, Koa will spin around the corner and aim the mirror directly at it's face!

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 am

Considering how much she's missed in this maze probably, and the time limit to find something before the next person came in Irene lets this kid take the lead. "Nightmare urn, is that that the picture of the urn that had lights in it represented? What did Jack say about the nightmare urn? Look I know you mean well about the key and letting me just get out, but this maze is too much for a gym challenge... there's something else going on here. " Irene tunes into what the kid says about everything, trying to see how freaked out he actually is. Irene perception [2d6] = 7 Intuition [2d6] = 5

After getting the key (hopefully)
"I know you mean well, so how about I take you back to the frint entrence? There's a key hole there, and you can leave the maze safely. Ok?"
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:14 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Haley is far too busy to idly record the zoroark, leading to a "snicker" as it seems happy enough to play along, actively beginning to "pose" for the camera... And growling something at Numa, who just rolls her eyes.

<Ugh, you're a pig. I'm NOT translating that for you.>

Haley too preoccupied, Alex trusting Hopper more, and Bjorn just watching from the sidelines in case he needs to punch someone, Hopper soon begins to talk... As Tex is becoming aware of his restraints, and struggling against them.

"Sadly sir, I must inform you that it appears I've made a... Tactical error in underestimating the strength of our opponents."

"...And? Cut me loose already! You're not selling me out... Are you?!"

"I'm afraid it's not that easy, sir. For one, now that our previous foes have won and recovered their strength, they are obviously only set to let us go if we concede our efforts."

"...Oh. Ooooh, right. Yes. You're right- I see clearly now- My heart is filled with regret. Please, do forgive us!" the man says, sounding... Not entirely convincing. Hopper just seems to shake his head... Pausing for a second before continuing.

"Sir... I'm being serious. In more ways than one."

There's a pause as Tex seems to be taking in what's been said, what's happening... Hopper's shifted demeanor... Before his attention seems turned to the trainers.

"What did you do to him..? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!"

"Sir..."

"They gave you a dubious disc, didn't they..? Where the hell did they even find one?!"

"That really doesn't matter, sir. It only means that... I've been having several thoughts, and things I need to consider..."

"You know why I didn't give you one, Hopper. This was never meant to be your responsibility. You ought to have left me with that burden!"

"With all due respect, sir... But I'm no longer sure if you are truly the best judge for that."

"And you are?! You've been like this for what, ten minutes..? Your thoughts are clouded with stupid emotions we'd all be better off without. You've grown a stupid sense of sentimentality, you've not grown dumb- Tell me... Tell me you've seen what we've both been through, and that things couldn't be so much worse."
Tex says, Hopper for a moment raising an arm as if he was about to say something, but shuts up... Seeming to think it would be more productive to allow Tex to continue ranting just a moment longer.

"It's not like I enjoy doing what we've done, Hopper, but we've seen it so many times- Playing fair gets you nowhere. Those that take indiscriminately, those who cheat the rules, those who bend the rules to their designs. THAT are the people that win- That is how you win at this stupid game of life, and that was how we were going to be free!"

"...And what, sir, would you say your opinion is on those kind of people?"

"...Why do you think I always said that'd be my responsibility?"

There's a brief moment of silence.

"...Even so, sir... I'm not sure I could keep doing it regardless." he says, Tex already beginning to interrupt him, though the robot does not stop talking: "Just because that's the way things are, does not mean we should be a part of them."

"And then what, huh? We're alone, Hopper! Nobody to take care of us but ourselves!"

"And we shall survive like that just fine. Besides, sir... And I will speak frank here."

"The reason it is just us, is because you have not allowed anyone to be there."

"People have cared about you, sir. You just pushed them away, one by one."

"Sir... Miss Gwynn-"
the porygon says, almost falling silent when Tex literally yells for him to shut up, his voice at first only barely audible as he continues yelling for a while, before eventually falling silent again... At which point the machine just repeats everything it had done before:

"We may consider ourselves better than an outsider would judge us, sir, like anyone undoubtedly does... But that makes neither of us saints. Miss Gwyn didn't abandon us, she just took a chance she could not abandon. If the positions were switched... You'd have done the exact same."

"...You don't understand, Hopper."

"I think I do more than you think, sir. But you are right that I don't really understand. That this means it doesn't hurt."

"But when she appears years later trying to offer help, sir, those are not efforts to rub everything in as much as you may convince yourself they were. She wanted to help. She still cared."

"...And then I royally fucked it all up anyways, didn't I." Tex replies, his tirade now gone, and seeming replaced by a soft voice. He sounds... Old.

"Maybe. The point of the matter is, sir... My objective has always been, foremost, to help make certain you were happy. It used to be simple programming, now I suppose it's... A favor."

"But unlike then, where momentary goals were satisfactory, now I'd like to take a more fundamental approach."

"All of... This. It's not making either of us happy, sir."

There's another pause, Tex just letting out a long-winded sigh, seemingly more out of frustration than anything else.

"...So, what would you have us do? Just... Drop everything? Forget about it?"

"Perhaps."

"...This was supposed to be it, Hopper. After this job, with that money- Move off to Alola, away from the league's eyes, just live out the rest of our days on a beach..."

"I do not think things would have turned out quite that smoothly... But do you truly wish to have the consequences of what revealing this machine would be on your conscience?"

Tex initially doesn't respond, after a short pause struggling against his restraints again. "Arceus damn it... Can these just come off already?!"

Izzy

"The king? King of what?"

The boy and girl answer almost simultaneously- Although giving completely different answers.

"The king of nothing."
"The king of southside, yo!"

They spare momentary glances, before the girl adds: "One is a symbolic title. The other is a more practical one."

Izzy wasn't happy with just talking, of course, already using her wind senses to explore past the door, while keeping out her ears for anything of interest... She can faintly hear what sounds to be the occasional bit of laughter, although it does seem mostly one-sided, and she doesn't recognize the voice as that being of Jack... Her wind senses going far enough inside to distinguish what seems to be a man leaning back his chair, feet on top of the table. He seems to be alone in there, so it probably... Isn't like some kind of mob beatdown? It seems like they're talking about something, this "king" not seeming to take it as serious as Jack might... Though be it because Izzy just finished her challenge, or that both of them were done anyways, their conversation seems to come to an end... The door swinging open to reveal "The king".

The man seems eccentrically, but impeccably dressed. Wearing a dark, thin, cloth trench-coat, going down to around his knees, and opening up in a wide brim that'd cover part of his neck. Actually, it might be more of a cloak than a trenchcoat, with how he's wearing it open? Do people still use cloaks..? Regardless, it's accompanied with a set of black pants, and a purple vest, neatly buttoned up, a white vest barely visible beneath it... All the way to his face, his neck and the lower half of his face covered in a bright red scarf that wraps around him, covering even his mouth as he'd talk later. Dark auburn eyes seem to focus their gaze on her soon after his exit- One pale hand already reaching for his black large brimmed fedora, swooping it off to his side and revealing long, black hair, as he raises one foot to his front, and does a deep bow... His other hand already having grabbed a hold of Izzy's left palm before she even fully realized what was going on.

"Ah, enchantee, miss!"
the man says, a quick kiss placed on the back of her hand, before letting go- She's not quite sure how he did that without pulling that scarf out of the way, first, as the man dons his hat once more while accepting a cane from the girl, which... Seems like it'd be too short to actually help with walking. Does he just carry it around in his off-hand?

"I do hope I've not left you waiting for too long- Me and Jack had important business to discuss, you understand."
he continues, the gym leader in question appearing from the room behind them as well- "But as it appears our matters are settled now, it is about time I've attend to more interesting business." the man says, offhandedly waving his cane hand, before his free hand procures... An idol? Wait, that's HERS! When the hell did he grab it?!

"Hmm, still using these dinky little idols for your challenge, Jack..?"

"Hand it back, Mephisto."

The man just seems to let out a long-winded sigh, hand moving back towards Izzy as he drops it in front of her- In her hands if she grabs it, on the floor if she's not fast enough.

"That name is as meaningless as calling me just King, you know." the man says, giving an off-hand wave, and setting to leave...

Koa

Koa waits, not turning around, as the sound of static grows closer... And closer. Soon, beyond the static, he can make out the vaguest sense of something else- The sound of what almost seems to be like... Wailing. A presence beginning to creep up on him-

It's right behind him.

Quick, he spins around, mirror facing upwards as there's a horrifying shriek- Whatever he can glimpse through squeezing eyes, being the supposed robot going crazy- Arms flailing wildly, mostly at it's own "face", and there's the distinct sound of something metallic clanging against the floor- The thing soon running away, seeming to thrash against the wall opposite before finally disappearing from view. All in all, it seemed to take only a couple seconds, as now the static seems to slowly disappear... But feels like it was much longer- Crouching down to collect something the thing dropped...

OBTAINED THE SKELETON KEY: The secrets of the maze open themselves to you...

Irene

"Nightmare urn, is that that the picture of the urn that had lights in it represented? What did Jack say about the nightmare urn?"

"I... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say..."

"Look I know you mean well about the key and letting me just get out, but this maze is too much for a gym challenge... there's something else going on here. "

"Okay... Yeah, yeah, you're right. Look, I'll tell you- If only so you realize we'd just ought to get the hell out already."

"The story goes. Long, long ago, Jack met with a dark entity of sorts, with which he made a deal. Jack would be granted power, and in response... One day, he'd need to take care of the Nightmare urn."

"I always presumed it was some stupid gimmick, a little fable to make this stupid maze a bit more 'genuine'..."
the kid says, seeming to consider adding something, but shakes his head as he continues:

"The nighmare urn... It feeds on fear. And if it's fed enough, it can pull nightmares, and pull them into reality."

"And so, the urban myth of that poor kid... It might not have been him, but it became real and- Wait... You're not fucking with me, are you Fatale?"
the kid says, coming to a brief stop as he shines his light straight at Irene- Seeming to take her confused looks as enough of a sign that whatever he's talking about is wrong, he shakes his head and continues moving on- Quickly. Wherever they need to go, it seems to take them beyond the mechanical door Irene found earlier- Of which it seems just one lever had been enough to open it..?

"Ok, ok, you're not Fatale. Sorry, it's just... There's more than one story about this place- There's also the story of-"

The kid was a good couple meters ahead when he suddenly stops- Eyes seeming to go wide as he's looking up at... Something- His own torch dropping to the ground, as his eyes seemed glued to whatever he was looking at.

"S-She who steals faces..."

The temperature in the room seems to drop several degrees when an oversized, pale, skin over bones hand, initially slowly reaches from the side passage he was waiting at... But the bony hand with long, sharp nails, soon grasps itself around his head- And pulls him away, what sounds almost like... Skittering quickly disappearing further down the path

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:34 am

Haley barely looks up at Numa, unfortunally curious as to what the zozark said. "Hhmm? What did she say?" Even with her lack of focus on the other stuff around her, she still hears the argument (taking it in on the other hand is a different story).
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 am

Alex moves to untie Tex, watching for any darkening aura, "The selfish people have an advantage, but they don't always win. If you really believe they do, then you shouldn't be taking work from the biggest cheats of all - whether that's the godlsayers of the league. You could make more than a living just selling or renting robots like yours, after all."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:05 am

Koa lets out a breath he didn't realize he was holding as the static fades into the distance. Even though he knew it was probably a robot or whatever, that thing was freaky.

Anyways, mission accomplished! With this key in hand, Koa makes his way back to Fatale's hidden room to see what this is supposed to change about it.

He clutches the mirror, keeping it close just in case....

Perception and Survival to backtrack to Fatale's room:
2d6 = [5, 4] = 9
6d6+2 = [6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 3] = 29

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 am

"Mew's Mercy..." Irene pauses for a second trying to comprehend what she just saw... before springing after the skittering sounds the thought of someone in danger giving her a surge of speed and clarity that she sorely lacked running away from scary things... she didn't have to catch up, she just had to get close enough to protect him...

Irene athletics [2d6] = 11
Irene perception [2d6] = 11
If possible she'll use ally switch with the person currently being kidnapped...

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:42 am

You realize this is not my strong suit, right? Phoenix steps towards the guard. He motions for the PDA the guard has, starting to give him a fake name, before quickly releasing Kanga, and entering into a kinda okay grapple attempt.

Kanga, Mega Punch! We need to knock him out!

Grapple=7
Accuracy=17
Power=50
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Izzy is taken aback by the strange man, not really sure what she'd been expecting. She's also more than a little cautious, seeing how the last eccentric, cane-wielding person she'd met had turned out to be the leader of a terrorist group. That said, while certainly....different, he wasn't the weirdest person she'd met recently. Quickly recovering, she gives him a (slightly confused) smile and half-curtsey.

"Uhh...nice to meet you, sir! Don't worry, I wasn't in a rush. Your friends were just telling me that you're the king of somewhere called....Southside? I only just arrived in Murkoff earlier today, so I'm not really familiar with the area yet. "

Charm: 17

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

"Hhmm? What did she say?"

<My brother,> she states with a rather heavy inflection, as if wanting to try and push through the absurdity of the situation as she continues <Is just being a pig- And I am not translating what he said.>

The zoroark doing the whole play is still having it's fun, though, leaning in close as it gestures towards her dex again- Seeming to want her to show another picture...

Alex meanwhile, keeps himself busy with the actually important stuff: helping out Tex, while continuing the conversation. His aura is... Not exactly super light, at the moment, having been pretty much dark since the moment he woke up. It's not an "active" dark, though, like he's planning something- It feels more like there's thoughts on the back of his mind, being left unacted on...

"The selfish people have an advantage, but they don't always win. If you really believe they do, then you shouldn't be taking work from the biggest cheats of all - whether that's the godlsayers of the league. You could make more than a living just selling or renting robots like yours, after all."

"Bah. You wish it was." the man says, disgruntled, waving Alex off as soon as he's freed- Getting up with a couple painful grunts, continuing all the while. "Here's a little secret from yours truly, kid- There ain't no thing any of my bots can do, a pokemon can't do. They're a means to an end."

"If we're talking about if whether or not just raw skill would be enough for me to survive, then of course... I'm the best there is! Years of practice and devotion made sure of it!"
he says, finger pointing for a moment as if to heed his words... Although it drops with a weary sigh, pacing slowly as he continues his rant.

"Why do you think I've got to work for the league every so often, huh? You gotta play with the cheaters every now and then to win! They'd drag me in their ranks if they could, and I'd probably get some cushy job working for Mekka. Decent job, for decent pay... But that's not what I wanted! Especially not when it means working for the likes of them!"

"...But yet I've got to play the occasional ball. It's a silent agreement- Sometimes if they ask for my help, I'll do it, they'll pay me, and I can keep up my 'fun'... Everyone's happy. But if I'd refuse..? Oh, you can bet your ass there'd suddenly be some laws about what I'd do..!"

He let's out a defeated sigh, before spectacles turn back to Alex... Sharing a momentary glance to Hopper, who is simply silently observing, as he continues.

"Whatever. None of that matters in the least bit... Fine- Since it appears I'm not going to be allowed to leave as long as I don't agree to keep my mouth shut... And you brainwashed MY pokemon into agreeing with you- I guess I got no choice."

"I suppose we'll just notify our contractor that his little task doesn't seem worth the effort anymore. We'll find some new task to pursue sooner or later."
he says, glancing at the ship... Letting out a brief sigh.

"Damned shame, though."

As Tex's vision lingers back to his robots, and he seems about to remark on the dismantled state of a couple of them... It's Hopper who interrupts.

"Perhaps, if I may, I might have an alternative solution we may all like..?"

"Did one of you not previously state that you'd need this ship for something... Rather strange..?"

► Show Spoiler
Koa

Koa breathes a sigh of relief, but keeps a tight grip on the mirror, just in case. With that, his first order of business is to track his way back to the room Fatale showed him, which is easy. Finding the keyhole is a lot more difficult, and takes a whole lot of prodding, given that it's practically invisible. He's not sure if someone is supposed to be able to just find it like this..? Eventually his finger does manage to find the spot on the wall to push, though, giving way to reveal the keyhole- Upon which he inserts the key, and with a twist...

Discovers it seems it literally only opens the door leading in that room in the first place. That's probably what Fatale meant with that she probably shouldn't allow him in there... He wasn't supposed to be able to get in until he got that key. And even then, he'd probably need to find, like, a clue or something to actually find the location of that keyhole...

Irene

Irene gasps in fear as she sees the hand stretch out towards the kid... As- Be it stupidity, instinct, or what some would call "bravery", her psychic powers reach up for just a second again- And she switches places with the kid, soon standing in his position as she's looking up to...

Nothing.

Turning to her right, she sees the kid again, and for a moment things look... Off. She can't quite place it, as the kid looks mostly confused..? It quickly seems to drop, though, instead turning into a fearful visage as it seems there is just a couple seconds of hesitation, before he begins to stammer out.

"T-Thanks miss... Now- I don't know about you, but after that... I'm getting the hell out of here!"

"L-Look, I'll spare what little I know before I go, alright. This lady... If you can get a mirror, something clear enough, get her to look into that- You can defeat her. And as long as you don't look at it, it can't hurt you."

"If... If the stories are correct."

"To the nightmare urn, this is all a game, so... It'd provide a way to win, so to speak."
the kid says, fidgeting for another moment longer... And then seems just happy to head for the front exit- With, or without Irene.

Phoenix

You realize this is not my strong suit, right?

"That is why you have me to help, don't you?"

Phoenix takes a couple steps forward, giving a fake name as the guard raises a hand for him to stay behind the desk... Which is the exact moment he moves in for a grapple. Which, somehow, despite clearly being far more physically fit than Phoenix, he actually manages to keep a hold of..! Be it because taken by surprise, or an exceptionally bad roll on his part, things quickly turn more hostile- As Phoenix releases Kanga, who delivers a quick punch to the guard- Doing some good damage, as he's now quick to counteract... Spending his turn to release two of his own pokemon- A crustle, and a serperior...The latter of which places leech seeds on Kanga!

Kanga(21) leech seeded
Serperior(20)
Phoenix(13)
guard(10) injured
Crustle(5)

(Sam, I think you have three unassigned skill points?)

Izzy

"Uhh...nice to meet you, sir! Don't worry, I wasn't in a rush. Your friends were just telling me that you're the king of somewhere called....Southside? I only just arrived in Murkoff earlier today, so I'm not really familiar with the area yet. "

"Yo! Look at this bitch, don't even know- Ouch!" the smaller punk calls out, interrupted by a painful yelp as "The King" whops him over the head with his cane mid-sentence.

"Now, now, Adrian, that's no language for a Kingsman! When one thinks of the image as a Kingsman, do you want them to think of you as that..? Or do you want them to think of us above some petty crooks?"

"But yes my dear, that is just one of many titles... King of Southside, as we, let's say... Lay claim to most of the southern area of the city. I'll spare you the details... All you need to know I'm the greatest thief this world has ever seen!"
he says proudly as he continues. "That little idol I just snagged of you is nothing, really... I'm the kind of man that can snag away a woman's bra without them noticing... That's a second date kind of thing, though, I'm sure you understand." the man says, getting up, one hand waving in the air as the girl speaks up: "Sir, if you demonstrate on me just to prove you can, I will deck you in the face."

The King pauses for a second, and then does a quick half-turn back to the door: "Well, we'd really ought to be off now then, I suppose. Good luck in your challenge, girl! Don't let mean old Jack keep you down."

"Mephisto." Jack interrupts as the king is heading for the door , the man drawing out a sigh as Jack continues. "Think about what I asked, right?"

The man pauses for a second, before doing a twirl to face back towards Izzy and Jack- "Well Jack, you do know there's a common phrasing... You scratch my back, I scratch yours? And lately I've been feeling awfully itchy..."

"Gross."

"Yes, I would agree that didn't come out quite as suave as I thought it would... Regardless, I do suppose there is also one alternative saying: An enemy of my enemy is my friend."

"Ally."

"Haha! Yes, well... There's also the supposed matter the school asked for this, and would I be a proper Kingsmen if I declined such a humble plea..? I make no promises Jack, but we'll keep an eye out." the man says, giving a final bow before finally turning to depart... Jack turning his attention back to Izzy.

"My apologies for that. Mephisto... Or whatever his true name might be, is quite eccentric, but you'd be wise not to underestimate him. There's a reason he continues to hold a top spot in our city. Especially if you consider his... Eccentrics."

"Regardless. I'll be taking those idols you found, as well as the starting items... And that key."

"Other items you found are yours to keep. Your items and pokemon are in the room over there, feel free to take a moment, and we shall battle whenever you are ready."

"As for the challenge itself... It shall be a regular battle, ten by ten meters arena, 6 meters high... Unless you have any pokemon that wouldn't fit. The one catch shall be that the arena will be in the dark. Not complete darkness, but big enough to hinder your pokemon lest they produce their own light, or have some means of seeing in the dark. That's where those idols you found come in. You found a total of 4, so that will give you 5 chances to activate the spotlights. You'll have two buttons to activate them, one of which will activate only the dimmers, making things bright enough so your pokemon will suffer no issues, for around three rounds... The other, will put the spotlight on max. That will last only one of my round, but should be bright enough that any pokemon with darkvision will find themselves momentarily blinded by the sudden shift."

"Any more questions?"

(There's a static -3 AC penalty unless you make use of what Jack explained before. If you're ready, let me know what pokemon you're starting with...)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Hrm, well at least Koa knows for sure now that he didn't miss anything in this room his first time through. The question now was which way does he go now? There's apparently still some kind-of lantern to be found, and who knows where that might be? The riddle he found came before the key monster's section of the maze, so maybe the lantern was even further in? Though he could backtrack all the way to the maze entrance and go right instead of left....

For now Koa decides he'll continue on from where he left off, heading back into and continuing past the monster's lair. It's closer, and he can always backtrack if need be.

Intuition and Perception past monster lair:
5d6+4 = [5, 5, 4, 3, 1] = 22
2d6 = [6, 4] = 10

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:58 pm

"Uh right. That um...right." Haley doesn't think too much and gives the bro zozark her dex.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:22 pm

"Your robots can do things that pokemon can, without the effort on the trainer's part to train them. While they're not as powerful as a pokemon, they're convenient. That makes them valuable."

Alex nods at Tex's accusation, "I can't deny that our actions were morally... Questionable, but not brainwashing. We evolved him, and for the most part he came to the rest himself."

Alex pauses for a moment when Hopper brings up 'something strange,' then sighs, "Right. It's more crazy than strange, though. There's... Well, this used to be a research facility, studying something from... As far as I can tell, another dimension, or a non-dimension, which wants to leave our planet devoid of life. There's... A small chance that the shield on that ship could work to repel that being's attacks. But we're certain there's something missing, that Plasma must have had something special powering it."

"... Oh. Maybe this isn't an entirely fruitless venture for you. One of the people working here was a roboticist. A skilled one. There are rooms full of machines that could be of interest to you. Half-finished robots, a machine that can supposedly summon Unown, a machine that... I don't know what, it seems like some sort of trade machine. And lastly, there's what's left of a computer which had held an intelligent AI. With a personality and all. Sadly, when it told us the name of the other-world being I mentioned, said being reached into our world to destroy it. There were only scraps left, but it may be scraps you can work from... Shit, we should have asked her what that trading machine did before she told us the name."
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Phoenix does his best to hold on to the guard.

Focus on the guard! We can deal with his pokemon after, if they are still fighting.

Kanga uses another Mega Punch, while Phoenix hits the guard with a Thief attack.

Athletics=4
Thief Acc=11 Power=23
Mega Punch Acc=6 Power=47
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Izzy watches the self-professed "Master Thief" leave with an air of bemusement. Were criminals really that....open about it, around here? But she then turns to more important matters - finally getting this gym challenge out of the way!

Assuming Jack lets her, she quickly does some rearranging of her team's items. Pinch gets the new Razor Claw, while Nate is given the Go-Goggles.

Then, she's ready! And her starting choice is obvious, if this fight was going to be completely in the dark - releasing the Darkvision-possessing Kay into the cramped arena.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Thank you, let me escort you out in case that thing comes back... though that hand reached for you without you looking at it... After leading the guy back to the entrance Irene tries to find her way back to the two wire doors to try to find a second wire, and looking for a mirror fragment, or other reflective items.

Irene Occult [4d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 8 perception [2d6] = 5 intuition [2d6] = 7 tech edu [2d6] = 5
Irene Occult [4d6] = 8 survival [3d6] = 8 perception [2d6] = 5 intuition [2d6] = 12 tech edu [2d6] = 4

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:48 am

Koa

Koa continues once again, heading back the way he just came, mirror at the ready just in case. It's not necessary, though, as he eventually comes across the door which he can close behind him... Which he can or can't do, depending on just how suspicious he is about that creepy thing coming back.

It's not much farther from there, when he eventually comes upon another larger room. It seems mostly featureless, of rectangular shape with the longer sides running to the left and right, as there's initially only two observations he can make. Firstly, another exit towards the right, which seems to already be open... And a large mirror off to the left side of the room. At which point he needs to take a double take, as he figures out that the reflection of the room is not quite the same as that of the room he's currently in- In the reflection, he can see a pedestal in the middle of the room, upon which sits another idol... But no such thing seems to be within the room.

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

The foolish Haley decides to allow the zoroark to do what it needs to do, eventually seeming to be instructed to show it another one of her favorite tv heroes... And is soon providing more material for her as Numa just gives up on the situation entirely, calling out to Alex and, in lesser sense, Tex.

<Hey, you tell those two to not do anything funny lest they want to have to deal with me, alright? I'm out.>

And with that, Numa has officially had enough of this shit- Leaving Haley and the zoroark to their fun, Alex is left dealing with the actually important stuff.

"Your robots can do things that pokemon can, without the effort on the trainer's part to train them. While they're not as powerful as a pokemon, they're convenient. That makes them valuable."

"Hah! You really think it's that easy?" Tex says, grabbing a nearby broken hoppip bot in demonstration. "You see these little pincer arms? You expect it to do any complex maneuvering with those? No, because they can't. They've not been designed for that. Each one is designed with only specific purposes in mind, each one can only follow very simple basic orders... Hopper is the exception, and that's because he IS a pokemon, with a body made to work with... But the moment one of my other robots needs to deviate from their original purpose... It's either impossible, or would require additional programming."

"Certainly, if you've got a job that requires specific, repetitive functions, a robot could do just fine... That's how a factory works, after all. But otherwise, you'd at least need someone to control the bots, while with a pokemon you could just tell them what to do. You get what I'm saying now, kid?"

"Speaking about programming... I've ought to fix you up proper, Hopper. Stand still and... HEY! WHERE ARE MY TOOLS?!"

"I can't deny that our actions were morally... Questionable, but not brainwashing. We evolved him, and for the most part he came to the rest himself."

"It's true, sir... I... We'll talk more about it later, alright sir? I believe they're matters a bit more private."

"Right. It's more crazy than strange, though. There's... Well, this used to be a research facility, studying something from... As far as I can tell, another dimension, or a non-dimension, which wants to leave our planet devoid of life. There's... A small chance that the shield on that ship could work to repel that being's attacks. But we're certain there's something missing, that Plasma must have had something special powering it."

"... Oh. Maybe this isn't an entirely fruitless venture for you. One of the people working here was a roboticist. A skilled one. There are rooms full of machines that could be of interest to you. Half-finished robots, a machine that can supposedly summon Unown, a machine that... I don't know what, it seems like some sort of trade machine. And lastly, there's what's left of a computer which had held an intelligent AI. With a personality and all. Sadly, when it told us the name of the other-world being I mentioned, said being reached into our world to destroy it. There were only scraps left, but it may be scraps you can work from... Shit, we should have asked her what that trading machine did before she told us the name."

"Ah... Then perhaps I may have an offer that shall benefit all of us." Hopper says, undoubtedly having showed something appropriately fitting for his diplomatic options on his screen, had it not been busted up and reduced to static.

"My master would lie if he claimed that he does not very much enjoy the process of putting together these alleged "pokebots", and a chance to work on the plasma frigate he'd consider an honor... And now, you say that we may have the opportunity to salvage some of our losses as well?"

"My proposal- We shall repair the ship back to an operable position. Meanwhile, we'll also restore some of our working force, as to be prepared for another task- One with less dubious intent. Would that sound agreeable..?"

"Hey! You don't know if I'd agree!"

"Would you not, sir..?"

"..."

Phoenix

Kanga hits with another punch, doing some good damage as the guy is getting a bit beat up... While the serperior slithers up behind Kanga, trying to grapple her away from the battle! It seems to be having equally bad luck as it's trainer, though, from which Kanga manages to snag away his baton- As the guy retaliates by headbutting Phoenix, and... Somehow missing.

Kanga(21) leech seeded 91/102
Serperior(20)
Phoenix(13)
guard(10) badly injured
Crustle(5)
► Show Spoiler
Izzy

Izzy is allowed to switch around some items without issues, as the first pokemon she releases is Kay- While Jack simultaneously releases a scraggy. He frowns a bit at the matchup, but doesn't switch...

"Noivern, huh? That's a strong one..."

Flash uses left: 6
Kay(24/20)
Scraggy(5)

Irene

Thank you, let me escort you out in case that thing comes back... though that hand reached for you without you looking at it...

"Wha..? I turned in the hallway, and it was there, waiting for me..." The kid tries to explain, but otherwise just focuses on getting out- He briefly does state that maybe she'd ought to leave, too, but otherwise finally let's things go, as Irene heads back into the maze- Heading back to the door, she's soon heading in the other direction, trying to find the other lever... And eventually does manage to find it, likely pulling it- As far as she can tell, there's no sign of this "she who steals faces"...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:20 am

She eventually starts to speak up. "You guys don't know how to talk like her, do you? Do you know how to write or rather type? With our translater gone I thought it might be good to try to communicate better." Haley looks at them curiously. "How well is your illusion anyways? Can I....touch you?" Haley blushes at the last question.

Assuming no objections she gently pats on one of the bro's shoulders. With a grin and slight sqee sound she says, "You're so fluffy!" She runs her fingers through his fur, gently scratching his back. Even though she knows it's an illusion she doesn't dare touch his chest.

She continues scratcing when she hears Tex yell, looking twoards him momentarly. She knew what she did was wrong, but she doesn't feel inclined to give it back to him. It didn't feel safe in his hands. Maybe she would give it back after some convincing, but for now she refocuses om the Zozoark brothers. "Would you like an ear scratch? It might be easier for me to tell where your ear is without your illusion but um...then I wouldn't see them."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 am

"I think I see the point. Specific application makes them difficult to use and more so to market."

"Sorry about that, we stripped anything we thought you might be able to use if you were still disagreeable. Haley, do you think you could give back the tools? Not like they're that much use to you."

Alex nods, "Sounds like a good deal to me. So long at you don't shrug off the harm to innocents we can hopefully stop having such a hostile relationship."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 am

Haley gives a sigh and pulls out the tools she got off of Tex and hands it to him. "Here. I fixed Hopper the best I could but I am not that experienced in putting robots back together."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:23 am

"Noivern, huh? That's a strong one..."

"Yeah, she's the best! You should've seen her against Eliza - she was only a little Noibat back then, but she still took out an Azumarill all on her own."

The darkness not bothering her at all, Kay decides to back up Izzy's words with evidence. Swooping in, she unleashes a super-accurate blast of cutting air, directly into the Scraggy's unprotected face.

Air Cutter (AC: 19, AC: 16, Damage: 50+17 crit = 67) [Gale Strike]

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:04 am

Izzy

"Yeah, she's the best! You should've seen her against Eliza - she was only a little Noibat back then, but she still took out an Azumarill all on her own."

"No doubt..."
Jack says, soon calling out a command to the scraggy to brace for impact- Even then, though, the Scraggy is left... VERY knocked out as Jack cringes a bit, recalling it.

Next up is a houndour.

Flash uses left: 6
Kay(24/20)
Houndour(15)
Scraggy(5) Very KO