Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:01 pm

Ooh look, trees! per: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8

Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:03 pm

My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:30 pm

I initially get distracted by the others looking around at vegetation.

Perception: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3

And apparently stay distracted... Barely managing not to fall off the bridge...

Perception: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3

:tfacepalm:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:31 pm

((I don't think I have ever seen so many ones in a single game as you have rolled. :P)
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:38 pm

((Well, with halfling luck, I think this is the first time it's actually stuck. I mean, it's what, 1 in 400 chance to roll back to back 1s?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Kal takes another look around, but still can't put his finger on it.

1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11

"I don't know. I'm still not feeling right about having killed that lizard when he might have surrendered. Maybe it's just that."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:13 pm

Kal shivers as the hairs on his neck prickle. There's definitely something odd about the forest to the west, but he still can't place it. He sighs. This is going to be one of those things that bothers him for days until he suddenly wakes up in the middle of the night having finally figured it out. Oh well.

The others see... Trees.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:55 pm

"There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, and my spirit is crying for leaving," Kal says softly as he shivers. "I'm not seeing rings of smoke through the trees, but... Ooo, it makes me wonder..." His eyes drift up towards the heavens.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:44 pm

"So west might be the location we need to go. If something bad is going on we should try to stop it.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Syli frowns as she starts noticing the differences in the foliage.

"...they're blue." She pops out with, not immediately realizing the non-sequitur of it. "...the trees on the right are blue. This bridge, it's like a dividing line between what's normal for this area, and a section that seems to be... blue."

"And it's also... I hadn't mentioned it earlier, what with everything else going on... but back in that clearing, I had noticed some sort of dancing or floating light, and if my directions are right, we've actually been heading... not straight at it, but in its general direction. If I'm right, than these trees might be part of that same... whatever it is."

At a standstill, Syli starts wracking her brain for anything she might know about things that'd turn a forest blue.

--Arcana (+3): 9

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Gwen thinks about it, she know of at least one thing that could done this. She is positive that if it was the ancient being, it is just a prank. She has to find things to confirm her suspicions however, who knows what the others would do if they found out her connections.

Arcana: 1D20-1 = [17]-1 = 16

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 pm

"Turning a forest blue, along a line. Is it spiritual, or arcane...? For now, I suggest we keep out of the affected area and continue toward the light. Let's get down from here as soon as possible."

Arcana: 1d20+2 = [18] + 2 = 20
Religion: 1d20 = [17]
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:46 pm

"Blue leaves...? Odd glow...?" Kal ponders.

Nature: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
Religion: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13

He'll follow the boss's lead.

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:54 am

Where one Halfling slacks off, another takes it super serious, especially after they were mentioned to be blue.

"Blue? That's the color of the true gods domain. Can one of you get a blue leaf for me?"

Merric will try to get a blue leaf on his own, but likely not able to reach it due to short arms.

Merric investigation: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:24 am

Varsk is mostly wondering about the cover below between this bridge tree and the next. Blue or green as long as people can't see him tree colors are not immediately relevant.

((15 Perception roll on the previous page))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:30 am

Varsk scans their surroundings. The forest is thick here, and he thinks that if they don't travel immediately underneath the rope bridges, they should be able to keep them in view while keeping relatively hidden. As long as you pay attention and move carefully, you should be able to stay out of sight of any patrols or guard posts.

Syli tells the others about the things she's noticed in the forest to the west, and Gwen, Mehriv, Merric and Kal apparently (in unison) go: "Oooooh! It's fey magic."

From what they know of Fey creatures and magic (and that's apparently quite a lot), there are parts of the world where the boundaries between the Feywild and the Material Plane are thinner. In these places, it's possible for fey magic to "leak" out of the feywild and begin to affect the creatures and plants on the material plane. Fey magic is neither benign nor malicious, but can be dangerous to the unwary. Very occasionally, circumstances may even arise where these boundary areas become so thin that it's possible for creatures to travel between the planes. With your collective knowledge of esoteric magics, you are certain that once such area must be fairly close by (within a day's travel or so) and somewhere to the south west of your current location.

Edit to add: You know tales of people receiving strange gifts or powers from such places, but you've also heard of people who disappear for decades at a time and return almost unrecognisable... and then there are those who lose themselves completely to the strange magics of the feywilds.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:47 am

Varsk looks at the gathered group with a little disbelief that no one has started down the tree and into cover because some of the trees are a little bluer than the others.

"You just gonna stand here talking or we goin' to get movin'? Guess you all make a good diversion for them when they come."

Varsk will climb down the tree and move into cover (on the left side of the vine as he heads east) as stealthily as possible while watching for traps and gators/crocs/snakes/giant lizards/spiders/large insects/lizardfolk... pretty much everything.

Perception: 24 (crit)
Stealth: 17

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 am

I follow Big Guy, any baddies ought to notice him before they notice me.

Stealthin: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10

((Or not...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:57 am

Varsk is unusually stealthy for his size - like a tiger. Plus his skin color is natural camoflague out here :P.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:08 am

Rodgeir wrote:Varsk is unusually stealthy for his size - like a tiger. Plus his skin color is natural camoflague out here :P.
Varsk is unusually everything, with his lowest stat being a 14! He's sitting at a +17 total modifiers, the next closest is Kal at +10, then Gwen and Korrik at +9, and Mehr and Syli at +7. He's our smart, wise, charming beefboy.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:46 am

Per, stealth: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11
1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

...well at least she looks like a lizardman?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:30 am

((I'm pretty sure Varsk is secretly a demigod tagging along because he got bored.))
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:28 am

((yeah, fwiw I was just waiting to find out if you guys are planning to act on or share the fey info amongst the group. If not just say so and we can move on)).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Dlover wrote:((I'm pretty sure Varsk is secretly a demigod tagging along because he got bored.))
o:)

((Not that he has been all that amazing, besides murderizing a giant mosquito.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:39 pm

((Oh right, the fey stuff. And like I said, just tagging along. Not actually being helpful. :p))

"It seems this area has a close connection to the fey. We should try to avoid it, lest we become lost or separated from our world."
My game:

My characters: