MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:31 am

((where are Dain and Warryn going? There are two doors ahead of you to the left and right) and one door behind you.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 am

((Depends what we're doing next, I guess - me and Dain could get started on whatever's in the next room, potentially. Though if it's a fight, sending the squishy wizards in first seems bad. And if it's not a fight, you probably don't want us to be doing any talking....or it might just turn into a fight :P Otherwise, the rope bridge room seemed pretty safe? We can just hang out in there while the others send snake-boy on his way, then go whichever direction he didn't.))
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6871
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby NotStickFigures » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:44 am

Art, looking dazed, starts heading towards the snake boy with his axe raised....He is mumbling something incoherent has he shuffles towards the boy.
(I''m assuming with the save roll, he is under compulsion to try to gut the boy)
((oh, and I'm finally home and gonna be around much more.)
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 am

((No you're good - the only thing that's out of his control right now is his right leg :) But you can give me another WIS save to try and shake the effects))

Aura has finally had enough of Dain's crap and squares up to him as Warryn knocks the snake-boy out.

The others collect the protesting chess pieces and drop them into Warryn's bag of holding. Warryn wonders whether he can shove his Mage Hand down the kid's throat to retrieve the chess pieces. He figures he probably could (the kid has an extensible jaw) but it wouldn't be pleasant for anyone and might just be enough to kill the boy.

Warryn suggests that if he and Dain leave the room, the boy might be more willing to cooperate with the others if they can heal him up a bit, but haven't make a decision about where to go yet.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:57 am

Dain goes and checks the left hand door out.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:53 am

As Dain checks out the door, Warryn tries to get the unconscious boy to throw up the pieces by poking/tickling the back of his throat. Using the Mage Hand, of course - no way is he sticking his own hand in there!

((Let's try this first, see if it works. Should I roll Nature/Medicine to see if I know enough about biology for this? :roll: ))
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6871
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Yeah, do a medicine check.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Medicine check: 1D20+0 = [10]+0 = 10

Yay, perfectly average! :lol:
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6871
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 am

Warryn prods the kid's throat for a bit, and eventually manages to get him to make some unpleasant retching sounds, as the kid returns to semi-consciousness. But, the chess pieces don't appear and you're more than a little concerned he's going to choke if you keep trying. If you were going to leave the room before he wakes up, now might be a good time.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:00 am

Annoyed that his totally genius plan was thwarted, Warryn follows Dain out of the room. He does toss one of the chess pawns to Aura though, in case she wants to bribe the boy with a treat.
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6871
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:20 am

The pawn lets out a weary sigh as it flies through the air again.

Dain and Warryn leave through the left door.

((I'll get you a full update later if I can. I'm travelling to another conference all day so might be a bit later))
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby NotStickFigures » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 am

Wisdom Save: 1D20 = [17] = 17

When he gets full control back, he will walk over to the King piece, brandishing his axe menacingly. "Magically controlling someone is not something a good person does. And it does not go without consequences. Try to influence me again, or if I see you try that with anyone, this here axe WILL hack you into little crumbly bits."

Looking back at the others, "I'm on the kids side at this point. Let him eat whatever he wants." He then follows Warryn out the door.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Art, Dain and Warryn
Art threatens the king piece (much to the outrage of the tiny court) and then follows Dain and Warryn through the left-hand door into a dark room. A lit lantern hangs from the centre of the ceiling, illuminating (or not) a shiny, pitch-black floor. It appears to be fluid, with eight round, wet eyes drifting anticlockwise around the blackness in front of you. The eyes are all staring straight up, but one or two at the edges seem to be aware of you as they drift past and try to catch a glimpse.

Ah'Sereen and Aura
The two women are left alone in the room with the nearly-beaten-to-death snake boy. He lets out a sad moan and seems to be rousing a bit after Warryn's prodding.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 pm

Dain soto voice: "What... the... fork?!"
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: MotBM

Postby spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:06 am

"Well... that escalated quickly. I suppose we should try to talk to him and smooth things over?"
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 12935
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: MotBM

Postby M0rtimer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:15 am

"Yeah... Seems like it. You ready..?" Aura asks, casting cure wounds when Ah'Sereen confirms so.

Cure wounds: 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5

(Also, if it's looking like it's going to panic and run off, she's going to use calm emotions again- I think this is a suitably fitting place to use that. :roll: )
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10783
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: MotBM

Postby spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 am

"I'll follow your lead, but given circumstances, a bribe might help...", Ah'sereen holds up the king chess piece before wrapping her hand around it to keep it from hearing. "Just to be clear, if it comes to it, we are claiming the chess set made the others attack?"

((I'd like to try to assist on a persuasion check if Aura is making one, but take point should deception become necessary.))
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 12935
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: MotBM

Postby M0rtimer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:23 am

Aura frowns, but nods. "Yeah... Seems like the best thing to do."
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10783
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:31 am

((Don't forget Aura has a Pawn, too. I'd suggest you use that for bribery first if needed - the King is probably more valuable if we want to give them to Dragonlady.))
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6871
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:12 am

Warryn is once again struck by how...bizarre this place was. Summoning his Mage Hand once again, he pokes at the edges of the black floor, trying to see exactly how liquid it actually was. He doesn't poke the eyes themselves though - that would probably be a bad idea.

If the floor seems solid enough to walk on, he then sends Erik forward to scout (avoiding stepping on the eyes). Though he's ready to teleport the weasel back to his side the moment anything happens.
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6871
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:42 am

Once Art feels the eyes are not an immediate threat, he will take the time to carefully look around the rest of the room and see what the contents are.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Warryn, Dain and Art
Warryn uses his mage hand to prod the fluid. It feels goopy and soft like warm toffee would be. He gives it a couple of harder thumps and the surface hardens a bit, but quickly reverts to the soft, goopy texture when he stops.

Art looks around the rest of the room. Other than the lantern in the ceiling and another archway leading onwards to the north (across the weird floor) he doesn't see anything of particular interest or weirdness.

Aura and Ah'Sereen
Aura casts a healing spell on the boy and he comes back to consciousness, whimpering and looking around in confusion. He squeals when he sees the two women and begins to back up towards the right-hand door.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:41 pm

((I'm surprised he remembers anything at this point. Dain just gave him the equivalent of electroshock therapy. Tends to screw with your memory something awful. :halo: ))

Dain aims at the corner of the room, well away from the eyes, and fires Ray of Frost at the floor to see what effect it may have.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:55 pm

The floor turns momentarily icy then reverts to its usual state. The eyes keep staring at the ceiling.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby M0rtimer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm

"Hey, it's okay, alright? The ones that hurt you are gone, and we even took care of those nasty chess pieces... No one's gonna hurt, you."

Persuasion: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10783
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests