PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:09 am

Rythem puts on a brave face shrugging off some damge from the attack(-5) as she gives up the excited condition.
though as the she goes to act the sand scratches her up...(10)
"Don't give up, I know you can do this!"

If Rythem can reach the sandile she'll punch out in force causing some damage and confuseing it!
► Show Spoiler
If Rythem can't reach the sandile She'll copy the movements and send the cheapshot right back to him!
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:37 am

"Yeah... No. I got my ass handed to me... I mean, it was mostly bad luck, although I might also have made one or two mistakes."

"Oh...sorry, I shouldn't have....nevermind, I'm sure you'll get it next time!"

"Anyways, with that I kind of decided to... Take a little break for a while? Not just because of this, but it seems pretty clear I should give my team some proper training... So I figured, I'm going to stock up on some medicine, and I'm going to get back to Numa- Help make sure her mother is properly taken care of, study this... Ultra beast in the meantime."

"...wait, really!? You're just...leaving? But we only just got here! I mean, I was thinking of going back to see her too, but not..."

"And what about when we all leave for Hantu? Are we just supposed to leave you behind?!"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:08 am

'Who recorded this?' Koa wonders as the tape plays. Was there another person holding the camera, and they just didn't say anything? Is this one of those horror movies where you're not supposed to question it?

Once both tapes have played, Koa has a think about what they might be building up to. It looked like he was a in maze. Was that this maze, or was this maze inspired by that one? Maybe that was the Dark-type temple? Was this maze built around the Dark-type temple? Is this maze the temple? Or, again, was it just inspired by it? Then there was that Darkrai guy saying something about Jack looking for power at his friends' expense? Is that... where the idols come from? Were these pokemon, the ones depicted by the idols and the markings on the door, Jack's original team? (Does this final door have markings btw?)

Well, Koa's not gonna figure any of this out without getting past this door or finding more tapes! He's not sure about the former, but maybe there's more hidden doors in the maze he's yet to find?

Before heading back into the maze, Koa selects the Dark Pulse TM from the machine. He doesn't have many pokemon that can use it (or need it), but his current pokemon have plenty of Fighting and Bug-type moves already. He'll need the extra move support for the Hantu gym as well, and who knows what pokemon he'll find between here and there?

Now to begin the search for more cassette tapes! ...Almost! First Koa makes a stop back in Hilda's room.

"Hey again! So, uh, I just watched the first two tapes, yeah? I have some questions now, but I was wondering... you said you had a gift in mind? I mean, since you offered," Koa says with a sheepish grin.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:57 am

Husk stands watch over Bjorn, glaring menacingly at the two Eulers but ultimately doing nothing.
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 am

Feeling nervous, Phoenix kind of stumbles away from the door, finding his way quickly to the bathroom, hoping that his new coworkers will just think he's sick and not bother him for a bit.Now is when you're doing this? Seriously? This is probably the dumbest time you could. Sure, you have the threat of death and all that, but come on! You're the magic genie obsessed with power! You have to know that after this, I'll never trust you again. Wouldn't it have been so much easier to just ask me to do it right then?

Plus, how will you stop me from closing your bottle? Once that cork is in, you're kinda powerless? You overplayed your hand, dude. Sure, you have me over a barrel right now, but you gave me a lot more leverage than you realize.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:06 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Haley hangs back awkwardly, while Husk stands protectively over his unconscious trainer, but otherwise doesn't interfere further like his more aggressive partner... As Alex is the only one talking, Luna ready to help if needed. None the less, the uneasy standoff has some continue to prepare should things go south again: Haley having her pokemon ingrain, as both opposing trainers do seem to find themselves unable to buff, at least not without sending out another pokemon... Which is probably a bit too much to avoid confrontation. The woman seems to do something mystical, though, the Lucario getting faster while the crustle loses his own speed bonus...

"By "we" I refer to the group of people who were rewarded for subduing the Godslayers, rather than the League as a whole. The League itself doesn't make any official declarations unless it's necessary to keep them in control, but given that one of the heads indicated approval of disruption of Godslayer activities, the assumption is that we are expected to continue doing so."

"Assumptions are the mother of all screw-ups."

"I... Well I'd submit to authority if there was a proper cause, but I do not believe we've been doing anything illegal... And given the broadcast yesterday, I doubt we've got active warrants against us..."

"I got it a couple of days ago. Don't know where it came from. Haven't taken the time to study it since I got my vision. As for being here, we weren't told what we'd find here, and the informant is anonymous."

"Actually, I'm pretty sure he mentioned that by coming here, we might be able to find a mega stone or two, which we'd like..."

"Yes... So I see how things are. We are expected to answer with no problems, while we cannot expect the same virtue."

"But truth be told, who ever you are, you don't concern us... Our little group, at least. Grab your friend and leave."

There is a brief disruption in the rather awkward standoff as there seems to be noise coming from inside the helicopter, the radio apparently acting up- The pilot Euler moving back to respond... (Roll Perception if you want to listen in.)

Alex meanwhile, is pretty sure you need SOME kind of license in order to hold and/or use a gun, which would be maintained by the league, but he's not sure how easily available those would be...

Weather: raining(1)/sunny day(3) (ends on castforms turn)
Lucario(25/18) injured +2 SPD
Sneak(21/17) -4/77
Bjorn(19/15) -4/52
Husk(19/15)
Poliwhirl(16)
Jackie(15) 38/60 recalled
Castform(15)
Luna(13)
Haley(10)
Godslayer scientist(10)
Euler 1(10) lightly injured
Euler 2(10) badly injured
Tsareena(10) heavily injured
Admin Pascal(9)
Alex(6) 35/60
Maractus(6) +2 ATT/SATT
Fin(Marshtomp)(5)
crustle(5) +2 ATT/SATT -1DEF/SDEF
Mercury(5) 60/110
Dusk(3) recalled
Cushion(2) +2 ATT/SATT

Irene

Rythem is forced to copy the sandile, given that she can't move while trapped inside the vortex- But does deal some damage, wittling it down for now as it retaliates with a rock tomb for 27(18) damage!

(31/21)Etoile 12/73 recalled
(23)Rythem 65/104 +4 evasion, +4 save checks, excited(1) vortex 14
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile -2 accuracy, vortex 14 lightly injured
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO
► Show Spoiler
Izzy

"Oh...sorry, I shouldn't have....nevermind, I'm sure you'll get it next time!"

"...Yeah. Probably. Definitely if I get around to trusting and using my Celesteela."

"...wait, really!? You're just...leaving? But we only just got here! I mean, I was thinking of going back to see her too, but not..."

"And what about when we all leave for Hantu? Are we just supposed to leave you behind?!"

"Well... Yeah, I guess. I just think it's important someone looks after her, you know? If you know who gets after her..."

"Besides, my Celesteela is a literal rocket ship... If I need to catch up eventually, I can probably do it with little issue. The fun isn't supposed to start until we get to Hamachi anyways, right..?"

Koa

Koa wonders about... A lot of things. They didn't really make complete sense, didn't they? It all seemed a bit of a... Jumbled, incomplete mess- Like someone took pieces from different kinds of puzzles, and just formed them together into... This. None the less, though, at least some of these nightmares were more pleasant than others... Which he decides as much when he goes back to visit one of them. Entering the spider infested halls, at first there seems to be no trace of "Hilda"... Until she ends up dropping down from the ceiling behind him as he calls out- Still smiling down with that vaguely devious grin.

"Hey again! So, uh, I just watched the first two tapes, yeah? I have some questions now, but I was wondering... you said you had a gift in mind? I mean, since you offered..."

"Hmm, hmm... Certainly, darling. How does a last kiss sound?" she asked, chuckling- Scuttling back over to her main web, glancing over her shoulders. "Although darling, I should again rectify my order consisted out of either my little prize, OR assistance... You seem like the capable one that'll figure it out without me, but what will it be darling..?"

Phoenix

Phoenix quickly exits, visibly ill... For perhaps more than one reason. Hanging over one of the faucets and staring himself down in the mirror, as he thinks "loudly".

"Now is when you're doing this? Seriously? This is probably the dumbest time you could. Sure, you have the threat of death and all that, but come on! You're the magic genie obsessed with power! You have to know that after this, I'll never trust you again. Wouldn't it have been so much easier to just ask me to do it right then?"

"Oh, Phoenix. I thought you would have been smarter than this. Even you should realize that this is the best time I could. It is a position in which I could ask for so much more- Instead, I only want to guarantee one little thing that you would likely refuse if I just asked. I thought you'd have realized by now, Phoenix... It's not personal. It's just business."

"Plus, how will you stop me from closing your bottle? Once that cork is in, you're kinda powerless? You overplayed your hand, dude. Sure, you have me over a barrel right now, but you gave me a lot more leverage than you realize."

"And you underestimate the kind of power you're dealing with."

"Here is a little tidbit of information you might have heard about my kind before... We can not lie. Certainly, I tricked you before, but that is an entirely different matter. With this knowledge, do take this following sentence however you wish."

"I would prefer for us to remain partners. Once all is said and done, we can still help each other."

"But you can not back out of a deal with my kind as easily as you'd hope as well."

"If you are truly bothered by this turn of events, once I got what I wanted, all ties will be severed. You will be free to do as you choose."

"But until that point... You'd be mine."

"Now I hate to pressure you, Phoenix."

"But you do not exactly have a couple days to think this matter over."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 am

"...yeah, I suppose you're right. And you can always text us or ask Sparky if you don't know where we are. Still, it feels wrong to just...leave you behind like this..."

"You're not going tonight though, are you? It's gonna be dark soon, and I don't want to stumbling around in the forest looking for that place!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:24 am

Per [5d6+3] = 16+3 = 19 +2 if Haley got a pic of the general area.

Haley has Cushion use growth and she takes a picture of the machine.

Code: Select all

Sparky, what do you know of this machine thing?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:49 am

"Hmm, hmm... Certainly, darling. How does a last kiss sound?"

Koa blinks... then starts to redden, simply being unable to handle girls, apparently. "Hah, well, you don't have to...."

"Although darling, I should again rectify my order consisted out of either my little prize, OR assistance... You seem like the capable one that'll figure it out without me, but what will it be darling..?"

"Oh! Uh, yeah, the prize! Definitely that!"

With that settled, Koa will again say goodbye to Hilda before heading back into the maze. Now it's time for some maze clean-up!

First up, Koa checks the halls again between Hilda's room and Lantern Head's lair. There was a TM dispenser on the other side of the maze, so there might be something here that he missed!
Intuition and Perception between Hilda's room and Lantern Head's lair:
5d6+4 = [6, 5, 4, 3, 1] = 23
2d6 = [4, 4] = 8

Second, Koa heads back into the clown game room. He drops one of his two candles into the ticket dispenser's mouth and tries out the shooting gallery. At first Koa isn't so sure of himself as he takes aim, but, remembering his afternoon at the shooting range the other day, he roots his feet to the ground and makes his arms nigh-immune to recoil! Again, he's no expert at guns, but he's fairly confident he racks up enough points to qualify for that second candy!
Combat roll for shooting gallery: 3d6 = [3, 3, 2] = 8
Survival roll for shooting gallery - Wayfarer: 6d6+2 = [6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1] = 19

Thirdly, Koa wraps back around by the entrance of the maze into the left side, again using the graveyard room's chemistry bench for cooking purposes. He uses another $50 of ingredients to make a Candy Bar, keeping $100 of ingredients in reserve.

Fourthly, Koa makes his way back to the Snarl TM machine, dropping one of his two Candy Bars into the machine to (hopefully) claim said TM!

Of course, during all of this, Koa keeps his eyes out for any hidden doors lit up by the Dark-Light lantern.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:59 pm

"Try putting it to sleep!" This small distance between the two pokemon quickly becoming something Rythem couldn't handle , the pressure of the situation, and the interference of the sands throwing off the aim just a little. "It's ok, I know you've got this!" However thanks to Irenes support Rythem breaks out of the vortex in an over the top dramatic fashion

Irene
Inspirational training
cheerelading cheered

Rythem
Rythem hypnosis [1d20] = 6
Rythem status check [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24 [1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22

(23)Rythem 60/104 +2 evasion, +4 save checks
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile vortex 14 lightly injured
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm

"I honestly can't tell you much about our informant. He has us call him Spark and he's a jprankster who enjoys messing with people. Beyond that, can't say I know much. Before we move on, though, do the two in the helicopter have licenses to carry those weapons?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:12 am

Izzy

"...yeah, I suppose you're right. And you can always text us or ask Sparky if you don't know where we are. Still, it feels wrong to just...leave you behind like this..."

"Well, I'm more running away rather than you leaving me behind... Even if that probably doesn't help much."

"You're not going tonight though, are you? It's gonna be dark soon, and I don't want to stumbling around in the forest looking for that place!"

"Oh, no, I was gonna leave in the morning. Besides, pretty sure I don't even want to be out on the streets now I'm pretty sure I'm a member of some gang... You had anything exciting happen?"

A tired looking Isabella and Jeremy enter the scene as well.

Koa

The lady chuckles as Koa seems nervous, but eventually decides to take the offered "reward"... The spider woman climbing up against the wall, into the larger nest above... Something eventually rather ungracefully being dropped through it. Seems like it's some kind of... Brace?

"There you go, darling... That'll be useful in what's coming next, I'm sure."

Obtained a dark type brace

And with that, Koa is on his route back towards the alchemical station, passing through the place he had not properly explored before once more... Expecting to perhaps find another vending machine, and while it might be a possibility, it turns out to not be the first thing he finds: instead, he seems to find another one of those "puzzle" doors... This one seeming to be asking about key figures from recent history, and with the letters needing to be slid in to the right place to match their names..? It would test his general education to try and solve it. The vending machine might still exist, though.

With that, for now, he continues back through the maze, next stopping back at the carnival, which seems to have returned to "normal" now that Lanternhead is gone... In that it is still creepy, but at least they're not all chanting and trying to get him murdered... And the shooting gallery even awards him two points for his shooting skills, which is just enough for him to get another rare candy! The final candy would need a whopping 4 more, which means that to get it someone would need to ace ALL the challenges... Has someone ever even managed that?

With that, he finally continues all the way back to the alchemy bench, somehow managing to continue cheating the system by cooking up even more candy, and using one of them to get that snarl tm... But as he passes through the entrance area, does come by another door, right there at the beginning- Now revealed by the lantern...

Obtained Snarl TM

Irene

Rythem manages to break out of the vortex with some dramatic fasion, but not before failing to put the sandile to sleep... Who in turn, fails to escape his bonds, as he just puts Rythem back in the very same trap, dealing 46(37) damage!

(23)Rythem 23/104 +2 evasion, +4 save checks vortex 20
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO
► Show Spoiler
Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The incredibly exciting battle continues, both sides sweaty with the intensity that's going on..! Or at the very least for the two plant pokemon that are able to do something, both using growth again... Haley starting off by trying to contact Sparky, asking what the machine is for after snapping a picture of it. He's... Not replying, though. Weird- Usually he'd be "there" the moment she even flipped open her dex...

"I honestly can't tell you much about our informant. He has us call him Spark and he's a prankster who enjoys messing with people. Beyond that, can't say I know much."

As Alex mentions as much, he notices the scientist pale slightly, shaking his head... Although the name does not seem familiar to the admin- Or at the very least, she does not seem to know much about the subject.

"...You poor kids..."

"...You know WHAT he is, right? Not to mention, the thing's it's done, and is responsible for..?"

"Before we move on, though, do the two in the helicopter have licenses to carry those weapons?"

"...Really? That is your concern..?"

"Euler can hit moving target from three hundred yards. Euler does not NEED a license."

Haley meanwhile, is listening in... Managing to catch most of what is being said, although the radio seems initially muffled...

"...received. Report status."

"Status report. Fighting has ceased for now. Three kids with mons, one adult also with mons, attacked on sight. One of the kids subdued, others are talking. Hoping for them to leave with no further issues. Motive related to previous encounter with our organization."

"Understood. Continue attempting to resolve situation peacefully, incapacitate hostiles should activity resume. Backup ETA 20 minutes. Notify if area is secured."

Weather: sunny day(2) (ends on castforms turn)
Sneak(21/17) -4/77
Bjorn(19/15) -4/52
Husk(19/15)
Poliwhirl(16)
Castform(15)
Luna(13)
Haley(10)
Godslayer scientist(10)
Admin Pascal(9)
Alex(6) 35/60
Maractus(6) +4 ATT/SATT
Fin(Marshtomp)(5)
Mercury(5) 60/110
Dusk(3) recalled
Cushion(2) +4 ATT/SATT

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:23 am

Code: Select all

Why are you not answering? 
Haley frowns and takes a picture of the machine. She gets closer to it, inspecting it. She looks genuinely curious. "What's this thingy? What's with the crystals? What does it do? Where did you get the Tsarenna?"

EDIT:
tech [5d6+1] = 14+1 = 15
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:20 am

Hmm, a dark brace, not unlike the ones Koa asked Drake to lend him. Koa thanks Hilda again before continuing on his way, thinking that maybe he ought to stop by tomorrow to make her something nice for her generosity. For now he keeps a hold on the dark brace for now. After all, the other two cassette doors had guardians, so who's to say there aren't more guarding the remaining cassettes?

Koa skips the history door entirely. As far as historical figures go he knows... Lance. That's about it unless Luna counts, though that's not exactly recent.

After all the maze cleanup is done (aside from the last clown candy, which Koa would never get since he'd only just started working on his Focus), Koa approaches the third hidden door illuminated by the dark-light lantern. Inserting the skeleton key, he cautiously glances about himself before peeking through the door and stepping inside.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Alex shrugs, "Not particularly. Helps us out on occasion, but is constantly telling us we don't have to do anything in exchange unless he tells us in advance. Claims he's responsible for most of the great technological improvements, which quite conflicts with your story, though I honestly don't care what he says."

"Euler can hit moving target from three hundred yards. Euler does not NEED a license."

"Really... I see. Very well, we'll get out of your hair, rather than having you demonstrate that claim. I've seen plenty of you clones shooting." Alex gestures to Roy, "Could you fetch our friend from the helicopter? You'll have to carry him for a while, sorry. Someone get his pokemon too. While I'm going to have to reprimand him, there's no need for him to lose that. Let's move."
After a moment he switches to try to use his aura pulse, <Luna, don't do anything about Bjorn until we're away. We don't want these people to know what we're capable of.>
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:49 pm

"Aren't clones illegal now?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 pm

((Clones wouldn't be public knowledge. Alex is calling the Eulers that because he's seen so many identical ones.))
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm

(Jennys and Joys are kind of common knowledge since they are everywhere.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:28 pm

((Wasn't the idea of the last interlude that they aren't anymore and haven't been for a long time?))
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 am

Irene's eyebrow twitches when the Sandile put Rythem back into another vortex "All right, this guy isn't giving you a chance let's show him the power of team work!"
With that Rythem goes back as one of Irene's aces for the gym Ochrana!
"All right, let's get things back on track!"

Rhythem
baton pass - bypasses trapped status
baton pass triggers Irene's inspirational support

Irene
inspirational training
inspirational support
cheerleading excited, motivated

(23)Rythem 23/104 recalled
(22) Ochrana 63/63 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1), motivated (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:12 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Haley again attempts to get a reply out of the Spark, but fails to achieve any success at contacting him... Regardless making sure to take some pictures, earning a seemingly worried stare from the scientist and admin... But they allow it to slip none the less. As Haley turns to ask... A lot of questions.

"What's this thingy? What's with the crystals? What does it do? Where did you get the Tsarenna?"

"ah... It's a mega harvester. I'm... Not going to go into it's full functioning, but what I can spare in essence is this... The crystals merely serve as an atunement of sorts, as their natural state seems most receptive of mystical energies... More so than many other materials we've discovered, at least. In this case, we are using it to absorb excess energy from the mega fissure that... Most of us can't see-" he says, briefly glancing in Alex's direction, "Which is then stored in the... Well, it's not a battery as you might know it, but it serves the same function. We can use the gathered energy later for, well, energy, or crafting mega stones... Although this right here is more of a prototype to test it's functions."

As far as Haley can tell, it does seem like he's telling the truth... In more detail than she could probably gather from just distant observation, too.

"...I caught the Tsareena many years ago, in forests much like these... Well, I caught a Bounsweet, but same thing. You'd just need to find them."

"Not particularly. Helps us out on occasion, but is constantly telling us we don't have to do anything in exchange unless he tells us in advance. Claims he's responsible for most of the great technological improvements, which quite conflicts with your story, though I honestly don't care what he says."

"I... See. Well, it's technically not a lie. But technically not lying is what those creatures are best at."

"The Spark did directly help with giving out a lot of technological advances... Allow me to name a few."

"The engine. Gunpowder. Muskets. Cannons. Bombs. Tanks. Missiles. The nuclear bomb."

"Depending on how personally responsible you'd want to keep him... He's responsible anywhere for feeding a hundred years of conflict... To single handedly being responsible for deaths exceeding 6 digits."

"Perhaps it has changed in recent years. If something like that can even change... But in each case, if it's talking to you... It's because it wants something from you."

"It still has rules to follow. Next time it contacts you, you can simply tell it to leave you alone."

"It won't stop it from watching, like the protection our Maestro has created... But at least it will no longer be able to bother you."

Barring anyone else has anything to say, no one stops Roy from collecting Bjorn and his unconscious pokemon... And continuing to leave.

Weather: sunny day(1) (ends on castforms turn)
Sneak(21/17) -4/77
Bjorn(19/15) -4/52
Husk(19/15)
Poliwhirl(16)
Castform(15)
Luna(13)
Haley(10)
Godslayer scientist(10)
Admin Pascal(9)
Alex(6) 35/60
Maractus(6) +4 ATT/SATT
Fin(Marshtomp)(5)
Mercury(5) 60/110
Dusk(3) recalled
Cushion(2) +4 ATT/SATT
► Show Spoiler
Koa

Koa, after dealing with everything else, as well as deciding he'd only be able to solve 1/7th of the door given his knowledge... Finally returns to the very start of the maze. There, he opens the door now revealed, slowly pushing open and entering what seems to be... A very, very small room. At least, he thinks it's small- In truth, it would be impossible to tell. The far end of the room seeming to be coated in some kind of "darkness", his flashlight failing to pierce through and show what might be on it's end... As the voices begin.

"Look here, look here... Another one!"

"Oh, yes... Another one to get this far!"

"Oh, but this one hasn't lost anything..."

"Yes, yes... And gained quite a lot, too..."

"Do you think he's CHEATING..?"

"Hee hee! Maybe!"

"Just a shame he'll have to deal with us to get what he needs..."

Irene

Rythem is recalled in favour of Ochrana... Who immediately gets bit for 49(16) damage, and flinches..!

(23)Rythem 23/104 recalled
(22) Ochrana 47/63 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1), motivated (1), flinched
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:48 am

Darkness not affected by light... was this another mind prison, like the one in the Fairy temple? Fatale seemed surprised that Koa found one outside of Hantu, so that seems to indicate this isn't one? Though, he already had reason to be suspicious of Fatale's word with regards to this maze and its challenges, what with Lantern Head magically disappearing.

Then there's the voices. Apparently there's at least two people somewhere in the dark side of the room? They must be the guarding the cassette tape, like Koa thought. They wonder whether Koa's been cheating, which he doesn't think he has been? Hilda helped him out with getting her idol, but that was only after he cooked something up for her. Is food-bribery cheating, or is that a valid way of passing her challenge?

"Uhm, hello? Yeah, I'm here looking for more of those tapes - I watched the first two. Do you guys have any?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:51 pm

"Where did you get the crystals? Can I get a closer look at it?"

"I don't understand why you blame him for it? I mean making blueprints or whatever for something is not the same as the person doing a harmful action. You don't blame the musketmaker for what the triggerman does. And I don't see why you don't use that fact that he cannot lie to your advantage."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:09 pm

"I think he's said he was involved in the League's systems, like healing machines, too, so he's not entirely evil. More... Psychotic. He doesn't care about right or wrong. Well, your advice isn't falling on deaf ears, though, I've never trusted him. Things are rough enough that I have to take whatever I can get, but I'm not going to accept any trades."

"I don't understand why you blame him for it? I mean making blueprints or whatever for something is not the same as the person doing a harmful action. You don't blame the musketmaker for what the triggerman does. And I don't see why you don't use that fact that he cannot lie to your advantage."
"But when the designer repeatedly hands out weapons to questionable people you do blame him."
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:41 am

Phoenix sits down on the toilet, not sure of what to do. He's been through this before. Feeling owned, wanting to be free, having his talents used for things he didn't agree with. He left to the streets to get away from that. Left everybody he knew. He vowed never to let that happen again. And now, like an idiot, he was right there again. He knew he couldn't go along with Midas, but it's harder than you'd think accepting your death, much less choosing it. Well, might as well start saying his goodbyes.

He releases Spot, his oldest friend. Spot sits on the floor after sniffing around for a bit and starts scratching his ear, then looks at Phoenix, cocking his head. You're probably wondering what we're doing in this sucky bathroom. We're not sleeping here, don't worry. Well, I might be. The long sleep, as it goes. Spot jumps up sit on Phoenix's lap, and curls up on it. What am I doing? You don't deserve this. You deserve better, not to live alone on the streets again. Phoenix's hand starts absentmindedly petting Spot. That's why I was working with you in the first place, He says, half talking to himself, half talking to Midas. He pauses for a second.

Okay. I'll do it. Lead me to glory and riches so that Spot never has to suffer again, and I'll do whatever you want. But, and I mean this, if any of my pokemon are hurt or killed in doing what you want, I'm done. Right away. Doesn't matter what deals we have. They won't suffer for your gain. Is that okay? Will you remove the poison?
Last edited by SamWiser on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett