PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 2)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Koa rubs his rag-covered chin as he ponders how to approach this sealed-off basement. He ponders for several minutes, actually, pacing around the basement sinkhole entrance (while Mali amuses herself with a bit of junk metal).

Then he stops. He looks down, and he clears a bit of dirt away to reveal the basement's concrete roof, tapping his foot experimentally. That's when an idea hits, and Koa releases Maguma and Kano.
"Hey Maguma... you remember what Grandma and Grandpa used to say about how they used to break big rocks up, back on the Island? Let's try that!"

And indeed, that's what the group does. Koa takes his best guess, with Mali's (Tremorsense) help, at determining the weakest part of the basement's ceiling. Then he has Maguma do his best at heating that spot of concrete up with his various Fire attacks, afterward having Kano cool the spot down with water. With any luck, the concrete should start expanding, contracting, and cracking in relatively short order!
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:13 am

"Okay, we looked for any sort of path, but..."

"...Oh. You did it."

"Good job agents- We sh- Oh Arceus! Did he do that?!"

Yeah, he certainly packed a punch. Still, it was nothing we couldn't handle.

"Yeah- Definitely get back topside- We'll try to avoid any pokemon."

"Was thinking the same..."

Champ isn't the only one affected by the concoction. Once Jeremy opens the bottle, Spot stuffs his nose into his paws, and not finding any solace there, he pushes it into Phoenix's legs.

"Oh, sorry- I should probably have given an advance warning... The smell of this little concoction should scare off pretty much any pokemon- Even if we can't smell it."

"We still got a decision to make, though, once we get back topside. About Zacharie- Either we deliver him to the league and have their doctors look at it... Or we take him to this Genesome corporation."

Oh, man. Sorry Spot. Oh man, you're still poisoned too. Let's put you back into your ball.

"...I'll call HQ and see what they have to say on the issue. But I'd like to hear what you guys think we should do regardless..."

Well, I don't know if they're all on the up-and-up, but the journal was enough to make me a little scared of Gensome. I say we take him to the league and let them sort him out. Or put him in jail. Or the looney bin or something.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:58 am

As Izzy is lead away, Alex calls after her, "Keep the cane for a while. You need it more than I do." He then turns back to the nurse he's with, "I'll go with the cheaper option. Time isn't essential."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:12 am

Drake recalls Champ as he notices his uncomfort from Jeremy's repel.

"We still got a decision to make, though, once we get back topside. About Zacharie- Either we deliver him to the league and have their doctors look at it... Or we take him to this Genesome corporation."

"...I'll call HQ and see what they have to say on the issue. But I'd like to hear what you guys think we should do regardless..."

Well, I don't know if they're all on the up-and-up, but the journal was enough to make me a little scared of Gensome. I say we take him to the league and let them sort him out. Or put him in jail. Or the looney bin or something.

"I had the same thought at first when I read the journal, but it sounds like he and the fungi infecting him were able to communicate.. I'm not sure if it was completely Zacharies thoughts in the journal, regarding the operation they offered.. But I guess the league should be notified no matter the case, so let's head up and take one thing at the time."

Drake will keep an eye out just to make sure if the charmander still is unconcious or weakened and ripe for capture unless it of course have moved away.

Perception just in case for the whole way back 4d6+4=23
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:28 am

Pausing for a moment, before sighing she asks the nurse "Is it possible to only have the visible areas treated, and made to like nothing happened?" pointing to her various injuries that aren't covered by cloth. The pain wasn't too bad, and if it weren't for an overprotective father she would have probably forgo treatment all together.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:12 pm

"You'll be glad to know it's not just for show. It will help support your weight quite well. And to be honest, I'm much more comfortable parting with it than... Your earlier solution."
Izzy glances up in surprise as Alex offers his cane, at first not really sure what he's talking about. Then she puts two and two together, and breaks out into a wide, if apologetic grin.
"Huh? Oh, really!? Thanks!"

Hobbling into the Center, she gives the same apologetic smile to the nurse who looks at her leg.
"Yeaaaah...I didn't mean to get hurt again! Honest! And, erm, I....don't really have much money left...."

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:15 pm

As Elias gets his team healed, he somewhat sheepishly addresses the others. "Erm... hi. I'm... uh, glad to see you made it back safely," He says.

Stelour, glancing up at her master, simply rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

Keeping to himself for a moment, he then turns to Irene. "Hey, so, uh... you mentioned on the phone that you wanted an Amaura? That was that ice-dinosaur thing you had during the tournament, right?"
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:06 pm

James

Sadly, Kale misses her attack this time- But the phanpy does the same, missing his wild flail as well!

"Geeze, this is dragging out a bit..."

Rose(15) KO
Angel(12) 13/63
skorupi(7) KO
elephant(5) curled heavily injured
Kale(2) KO
Munna(2) KO

Koa

Puzzling over the conundrum, Mali happily to the side fidgeting around- As eventually he thinks of an old, exotic method his grandparents once told him off- Which is not to say it couldn't work. To the contrary!

Setting Maguma and Kano to work, Mali soon picks out a spot as they start their work- Maguma heating up the concrete, before Kano rapidly cools it down- Their combined work quickly cracking the concrete, making it porous- As Mali soon strikes, now slowly making headway through the far less durable material- And after a few repeats, strike through! Creating a small hole through which Koa could probably jump down, seeing the concrete floor two meters beneath him.

Roll stealth and perception.

Drake, Phoenix

"Yeah, he certainly packed a punch. Still, it was nothing we couldn't handle."

"Barely..."

"Well, I don't know if they're all on the up-and-up, but the journal was enough to make me a little scared of Gensome. I say we take him to the league and let them sort him out. Or put him in jail. Or the looney bin or something."

"I don't think that'd be the right thing to do to someone who isn't even in control of his own actions..."

"...Though that would be the kind of criteria to put him in such a place."

"I had the same thought at first when I read the journal, but it sounds like he and the fungi infecting him were able to communicate.. I'm not sure if it was completely Zacharies thoughts in the journal, regarding the operation they offered.. But I guess the league should be notified no matter the case, so let's head up and take one thing at the time."

"Yeah, I suspect it was the fungus that was influencing his actions... I'm still not sure what to think of them regardless, but... I don't think it'd be too far-fetched to say that the only reason he thought they'd want to kill him is because of it's influence."

Following this, thanks to Jeremy's repel the party has an uneventful journey back through the caves- Through the maze of passages, taking a small detour to where the battle happened earlier- Though it appears that all the pokemon there had by now moved. For a brief moment the party feels almost as if they're being watched there- Before hurridly continuing back towards the surface, climbing the vines upwards and eventually exiting through the small crevice back into the woods- The sun setting as they continue on their way.

It's not before long Noa grabs her pokedex- Hanging a bit behind the group as she makes her call, though they can hear her explain the situation to her best ability- And while the answer might be inaudible, she soon catches up to relay it.

"Alright, so... We could deliver him to the league, and throw him in the cell for a little while as they'd get some league doctors over. But... Considering the facts, we'd probably want to get him treated as soon as possible... And this is a subject so alien to them they'd need help from them anyways so... We're delivering him to Genesome, and they'll have to treat him unless they have a good reason not to... League will investigate the case later, but I don't think something will come from it."

"It was them who reported him missing in the end, apparently..."

Irene, Tyke, Alex, Izzy, Elias

The trainers converse with each other as they have their wounds looked after- A few of them raising questions as they are being treated.

"Is it possible to only have the visible areas treated, and made to like nothing happened?"

"Oh... Sorry dear, I can treat the wounds but they're still gonna be visible. I could... Maybe try throwing on some make-up once I'm done applying the salve against the bruising?"

"Yeaaaah...I didn't mean to get hurt again! Honest! And, erm, I....don't really have much money left...."

"Well, hardly anyone would mean to, but this is the kind of stuff that can happen if you're not careful. Anyways, I'm sorry dear- Like I said, we'll fix you up but some of the nastier injuries you have will just need some time to heal- League doesn't pay us to give out those supplements for free as well..."

Irene and Izzy may both attempt a charm roll.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:40 pm

"Hehe, nice job!" Koa says with a wide grin, albeit a hidden one under the rag.

Koa peeks into the hole, looking to see how deep the basement goes with his flashlight. If necessary, he'll tie his rope to a sturdy piece of rubble before descending.
"Alright, now it's Sula's turn."
And out comes Sula, to help Glow and illuminate the dark basement interior to complement Koa's flashlight.

Stealth and Perception at destroyed house - Stealth AP boosted:
1D6+3+1 = [3]+3+1 = 7
2D6 = [6, 1] = 7

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:45 pm

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:04 am

"Alright, so... We could deliver him to the league, and throw him in the cell for a little while as they'd get some league doctors over. But... Considering the facts, we'd probably want to get him treated as soon as possible... And this is a subject so alien to them they'd need help from them anyways so... We're delivering him to Genesome, and they'll have to treat him unless they have a good reason not to... League will investigate the case later, but I don't think something will come from it."

"It was them who reported him missing in the end, apparently..."

Well, I guess if it's for the best. Though if they turn him into a poke-zombie and we have to fight him again during the apocalypse, then just remember, I told you so.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:30 am

"To genesome it is.. Crossing my fingers for the best then."
Drake silently follows the others keeping a lookout. This venture took far longer than he anticipated and a lot more dangerous than expected. At least he got some hopefully nice pokemon out of it.

He'll look for apricorns and herbs on the way home

Perception 4d6+4=23
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:27 am

"Hey, so, uh... you mentioned on the phone that you wanted an Amaura? That was that ice-dinosaur thing you had during the tournament, right?"

Yeah, but I was just teasing you. Irene giggles a bit before giving Elias a wink "Though I also know better then to look a gift ponyta in the mouth, but seriously I was just teasing. Yeah she was really pretty, and her abilities, and attacks were really useful."

"Oh... Sorry dear, I can treat the wounds but they're still gonna be visible. I could... Maybe try throwing on some make-up once I'm done applying the salve against the bruising?"
"ohh, ok I really don't need the salve, as much as I need the wounds to look minor, really minor. If they could just be treated to prevent infection then have make up applied that would be great." Irene says trying to get out of anything beyond preventing infection, and then make up to cover her wounds. 3d6+3=17
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Tyke gets her stuff treated and waits around in the lounge for Crackle to get fixed up, hanging out with her other Pokemon and trying to get them to help with a Set List for a show.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:55 pm

Koa

Koa attaches a rope as he descends- Not that he thinks he'd need it to make a safe descent, but the hole is rather narrow and he'd be only barely able to reach from the floor- It'd be very awkward to get back up if there's nothing he could use to stand on down there.

Still, not much after he finds himself in the basement. Though it appears at first that he's not going to have too much luck here either, as is evident by the fact that it seems that this used to be the boiler room. And you say used- As the boiler itself seems to have been dismantled, now only some rust marks and leftover pipes left to be seen as evidence. And it seems that is what happened to most of the other stuff as well- They took away everything of value before tearing down the place.

Still, going through the only door leads him to what used to be a storeroom- And while the same fate has befallen this room, almost stripped bare of everything... There's still a few, rather flimsy looking cardboard boxes left, stacked in the corner of the room- As he goes to inspect them, rather expectedly most of them are filled with junk. Though one of the boxes seems to be filled with some memorabilia that he might find worthwile to take- Containing a large, if dusty doll of what appears to be a clefairy, as well as one of those old refillable cameras- Still seems to work with a whir and a flash, though you'd probably need to buy film if you'd want to use it. There's some pictures in there as well- But those probably don't interest him...

Another box meanwhile, contains a few things he would definitely take- Some medicine that they didn't bother to take with them- And since they took everything else, you assume they didn't care much for it- Grabbing two potions and a full heal from the box.

As he goes to check the other rooms however- Finding them to be empty as well, he's suddenly interrupted- As a sound emanates from the direction he came from. A husky male voice- Seemingly calling out from just outside the hole.

"Hey- Anyone in there?!"

James

Angel goes in with another tackle- But sadly fails to knock out the tough curled up phanpy as it goes in with another tackle itself- Dealing 18(13) damage and barely knocking her out!

"Ah, nice job Roll! And good match!"

James gains 40 exp!

Drake, Phoenix

"Well, I guess if it's for the best. Though if they turn him into a poke-zombie and we have to fight him again during the apocalypse, then just remember, I told you so."
"Don't worry, you'll get more than your I told you so's if that happens..."

"To genesome it is.. Crossing my fingers for the best then."

The party has an uneventful route back- Drake looking out for any interesting items, but failing to find any this time. Noa does her best to carry the unconcious Zacharie with her, though during the trek a few switches are made. Having to log him around does slow them down, but soon enough they find themselves in front of Genesome's headquarters. A rather unimposing building from the outside- All that gives it away being the logo and the sliding glass doors, as otherwise the building seems at most three stories high. The interior however betrays the building to be state of the art- Revealing a very modern and sleek interior, two guards posted at an elevator which, at first glance, seems the only way of transport through the floors- Another guard is stationed by the door, rapidly approaching as he sees you drag in the unconcious Zacharie- The receptionist behind the desk standing up and raising a arm in the party's general direction.

"Miss, I'm sorry but this is not a hospital- If your friend is injured there's a..."

She stops in her tracks as she manages to get a better look at the pokethrope, the guard seemingly coming to the same conclusion as he stops his advancement, his jaw dropping almost in sync with that of the receptionist.

"Oh my god! Zacharie?!"

One of the guard spits his coffee all over the floor as all eyes are suddenly turned to the party- And for a mere second there is silence before the guard next to you quickly rushes to assist in carrying Zacharie, and the receptionist addresses a "Mr. Detrou" over the intercom- Just a mere moment later making a phone call with a certain doctor Carson- Telling him to get on duty immediately, as a few minutes after the initial rush the elevator doors open- A hospital bed being dragged out, accompanied by a few men in white lab coats- Rapidly ushering Zacharie onto it, before disappearing back into the elevator just as quickly- As finally the rush settles down and everyone seems to slowly actually start realizing what just happened. The trainers seem about ready to turn around and head back home- As now the receptionist turns to them.

"Excuse me- Mr Detrou would like to see you about this whole affair."

No doubt, the trainers were a bit skeptical- Tired, and perhaps still not completely trusting the situation, they would likely prefer to go home.

"He mentioned a reward."

5 seconds later, the party finds themselves in the elevator- As it sets itself in motion without any input, upwards. The doors open into a tiny hallway, containing just one door with an button next to it- Though the door opens itself with a small buzz as well.

Soon after the trainers find themself greeted into a large, luxurious office- A window overseeing the outsides, and a few paintings adorn the wall. Behind the single desk sits the man expecting you. With a rather long face, his expression is one of... Apathy, mostly- His eyes slightly slouched and his lips twisted slightly downwards- He extends an arm.

"Please- Sit."

He rather rapidly seems to realize that there's a slight issue with the proposal- Only a single chair available. Pushing a button, he quickly calls over the intercom to bring four more chairs- And some drinks as well. There's a moment of silence as his expression turns into a slight frown- As he elevates from his desk, grabbing what appears to be a cane- Strolling side to side behind the desk with a noticeable limp.

"I'd ask what exactly happened, but... I think we both know what happened. If anything, it's you who have the questions."

"Zacharie was... Part of a genetic experiment. First of three, after the initial experiments... When we found that he had an unusual form, not occurring in the wild, we were forced to get a new subject. But considering the nature, an additional experiment was proposed as well, believed to be able to grant us precious data... Considering the nature, I should never have allowed it. In this case, I trusted my scientists too much. Sometimes in the pursuit of progress, we focus so much on what we could do, that we fail to ask if we should."

"Which is not to say that these experiments are needless. They're merely the start of something much bigger- The decoding and alteration of DNA. Once we achieve that, the possibilities... They boggle the mind. Sound like something out of a sci-fi movie, honestly. Sometimes we tend to forget how fast progress comes at us- How, in what could be a single day, just one new thing manages to change humankind forever."

"We... Humankind that is, are inherently flawed after all. Most of us... We're fine. But some... Born to die. It's funny when you think about it, isn't it? How just a tiny little defect in your DNA could ruin your life?"

"My... Fathered suffered such a condition. Slowly, every single muscle in his body lost it's function. Soon enough, he couldn't talk anymore. Then he couldn't breathe anymore without the help of a machine. And soon enough, he was dead. Just like that."

"Now think for just a moment. How terrifying the thought must be..."

"To be told, one day."

"Son."

"That's how you'll die too."

A moment of silence falls as Detrou has turned to face the window- Eventually, he makes a sharp turn back and continues his monologue.

"I apologize. The last of my intentions are a pity party. As I said- If anything, I'd like to answer any questions you might have. And I figure a reward is more than fitting as well."

"...One more question, though, perhaps."

"Have you ever heard the story of the creation of men? Adam and Eve? The garden of Eden?"

Irene

"ohh, ok I really don't need the salve, as much as I need the wounds to look minor, really minor. If they could just be treated to prevent infection then have make up applied that would be great."

"Dearie, you're really quite banged up! Nothing that a good nights rest probably couldn't heal, but... Well, if you're sure. Hang on." the nurse says- Departing for a moment, coming back after a good 5 minutes with a small make-up case- Comparing a few tones before picking one that resembles Irene's skin closest- Gently applying the cover-up to the bruises.

"So... Why do you want to hide them so badly? Do you feel ashamed? It's not like somebody did this, right?" she says- The nurse giving Irene a quick worried look. But as an awkward silence falls and she seems to realize it's not the case, she turns into a warm, if slightly cheekish smile to try and spruce her up a bit- "Not meeting a boy, are you?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:54 pm

"Yea that was pretty close. I am still not quite used to battles I guess."

Eeeh Jasmine is not doing anything and it looks like the other guys will take a while so while James is waiting on his pokemon to heal, he lets out Jasmine to allure nearby urban pokemon.
13; 1; 1

While heis waiting he feels extreamly hungry so he starts eating as much as he can, stuffing his face in organic vegtables he brought with him.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:16 pm

"I apologize. The last of my intentions are a pity party. As I said- If anything, I'd like to answer any questions you might have. And I figure a reward is more than fitting as well."

So what is this reward going to be? It was really tough knocking him out and bringing him here. See? Phoenix lifts up his shirt, showing the doctor his injury.

Also, what are you going to do to fix him? Because I don't want to meet him again in a dark alleyway, you know?

"...One more question, though, perhaps."

"Have you ever heard the story of the creation of men? Adam and Eve? The garden of Eden?"

Phoenix thinks for a minute, before a smile spreads to his face at the memory. Yeah, I think I have. My mom and dad and me went to church once before... Well, they were taking all the kids into another room, so we could have our own meeting. I didn't know a lot, but I thought it was really cool. I stayed after and talked to the woman there. She told me that, and a few more stories. It didn't feel like it had been that long, but we must have been talking for a while because my parents came in and were really mad. They... Well, we didn't go back to church. Any trace of a smile has disappeared from Phoenix's face as he remembers the punishment for inconveniencing his parents.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:57 am

Koa freezes in his tracks for a long moment....
"...Well, looks like the jig is up, Sula. C'mon."

Koa approaches the hole once again and looks up, face still rag-covered and silhouetted by Sula's glow as she peeks out nervously from behind him.
"Uh... hi," Koa says and gives a slight wave.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:38 am

Bjorn clings and grits his teeth in pain as the wave washes over him. He knows he only has one decent shot at this, unless he can rid himself of that butterfree.

"Silk, help me!"

He tosses a pokeball as far as he can at the metapod out on the limb.
Metapod capture attempt: 1D20+1-3 = [7]+1-3 = 5

Silk meanwhile shoots a Poison Sting at the butterfree (I assume she's 6m away so can just reach but if she isn't in range she will move higher until she is.)
Silk Poison Sting: Accuracy - 1D20 = [8] = 8
Damage - 1D8+6+12 = [4]+6+12 = 22

((Dammit, 1 off catching that metapod...))
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:41 am

"Well, hardly anyone would mean to, but this is the kind of stuff that can happen if you're not careful. Anyways, I'm sorry dear- Like I said, we'll fix you up but some of the nastier injuries you have will just need some time to heal- League doesn't pay us to give out those supplements for free as well..."
"Oh....okay. I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt that badly...."
Looking down Izzy shuffles her feet slightly, giving an exaggerated wince as she puts more weight on her injured leg.

Charm: 19

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:58 am

"Well... he acts like a boy, but no this is more for my father. He's a bit over protective, and if he thinks the wilds are anymore dangerous he'll try to stop me from going most likely."

"I am planning on staying in the city till the bruises heal, and have some clothes that can cover them up, but I just need to get to my room without having an ambulance called. Thank you for doing this, I know this isn't part of your normal job description."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:28 am

Drake sits and listen to the man and Phoenix' story squirming around on his chair to shake out the awkwardness of the sudden sad tales.

He briefly considers mentioning the fungi but decides politely nodding that he knows the story and staying silent might be for the best.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Tyke will keep waiting around in the Lobby, taking notes on song ideas on the back of anything paper in the lobby, perhaps cannibalizing a magazine for the cause.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:48 pm

"Though I also know better then to look a gift ponyta in the mouth, but seriously I was just teasing. Yeah she was really pretty, and her abilities, and attacks were really useful."

Elias raises an eyebrow, leaning against a counter. "Well, it's certainly something that caught my attention. I can understand why you might turn down charity, but, to be honest, I wasn't intending to give it." With a slight smile, he cocks his head appraisingly, before saying, "No, I have something better. An offer."

Fidgeting slightly, Elias's tone levels out, becoming to-the-point and business-like. "You see, you are not the only one interested in an Amaura. I would like to have one as well, and it seems like there's an easy way for us both to get what we want. So here's what I propose. I will front $500 for the Amaura, in order for you to purchase... him? her? Either way. I will not expect this to be paid back; instead, this money will be given under the condition that, at some point, said Amaura will be bred to produce an Amaura egg. Of course, I don't expect this to happen right away; simply some time in the near future."

"...what say you?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:34 pm

James

Following the battle, James tries for a little bit to allure some pokemon nearby. However, he seems out of luck- And unless he's gonna use a certain form of Christmas magic, it doesn't look like he'll be able to catch anything anymore tonight... Still, he finds himself stocking up on a lot of food- Almost as if in anticipation of something...

Drake, Phoenix

"So what is this reward going to be? It was really tough knocking him out and bringing him here. See?"

"Well, I was going to get to that eventually... And yes, I noticed. you don't even seem worst off."

"Well firstly I'd like to offer that, if you do not mind going down to the lab for a bit, we will have you and your pokemon looked after to save you a trip to the center. It should take around a hour to have you and your pokemon treated in full."

"And then... Miss, I believe this mission was executed under league command judging by your attire? If so, what was going to be the pay?"

"Well... I get my salary, and the kids would have gotten a 1000 credit reward to share amongst them, since we didn't expect things to turn out as they are- A simple search mission was all that was expected, and it was intended for 1 or 2 more escorts, really. I was gonna talk to my superior and see if it could be raised, but..."

"Leave it. Keep that 1000 to yourself, and I'll pay each of you the same amount."

Drake meanwhile, shuffles awkwardly in his chair- Especially because he's currently the only one actually having a seat. Luckily, that's rapidly about to change as the door to the office opens- A rather well-endowed lady fitting a classy dress that only accentuates those features, enters the room- Making quick strides over to what appears to be a storage closet- Long brown hair and hips swaying as she grabs a chair- And one by one quickly gets everyone a seat, before going on to offer everyone a quick drink. Of course, this going on as the others continue their conversation.

"Also, what are you going to do to fix him? Because I don't want to meet him again in a dark alleyway, you know?"

"We're going to cut away all the fungus, before using a laser to remove most of the fungus's roots. After that, it's going to be extensive medical therapy to remove any final traces of the spores. Restorative technology would leave at most only minor scars."

"Of course... That was the case before he ran off. I'm yet to see how far his state has advanced by now, but I can only assume how much worse it has gotten. Maybe it actually reached his brain at this point..."

"No matter, though. We have some of the best surgeons- And neurosurgeons. The fungus isn't smart enough to fight back, so we'll do our very best. Of course... The procedure will be far more dramatic than it would have been."

"...Actually, considering that, I... Have a question?"

"I caught this paras when we were fighting Zacharie, and... If this is something you can do- Could they remove his spores?"

"...If it's still a young paras... Yes, certainly. I think the doctors will consider that a good warm-up as well. This is hardly an everyday occurrence, after all..."

Following this, Mr. Detrou asks if anyone ever heard about the story of creation- Most people saying they think they know it, though only Jeremy and Phoenix believe to know details- If both from different sources.

"Ah... Yes, of course, the church. They tend to romanticize the story, though. Changed the original story to better fit their motives- Nowadays that's a noble cause, to preach peace and prosperity between men and pokemon, and I amend them for it- But that's only been since the league has established it's rule. Before that, it was just another form of politics- Changing events to their preferences and creating new ones to suit them as well... I'd go further, but you're not here for a history lesson and must be looking forward to getting back home. I won't take you long."

"The story of the creation of men- As the earliest translation goes, is as follows: Arceus created Adamn and Eve, the first two humans, and greeted them to his world. He introduced them both to pokemon- The creatures he had created in his image. They were free to enjoy the beauty the prosperity of the garden of Eden brought, and to enjoy the companionship of the many pokemon. He had but one rule- Amidst the garden of Eden stood what he called the forbidden tree- Carrying on it's branches a multitude of purple fruit. Their one rule was that at no opportunity, they would pluck one of the forbidden fruit."

"And they did oblige- Feeling no need to break Arceus one law, both content and slightly fearful of what would happen if they did. Still, they could not deny a certain curiosity. And so for the longest time, they lived in peace. It was but until one day, Giratina- Arceus's brother, appeared. Tricking both Adam and Eve into taking the forbidden fruit. As then, before their eyes, he showed them how to manipulate this fruit to unlock it's true power."

"And so created the first ever poke-ball."

"Arceus soon found out however, and was furious. Banishing Giratina from this world- Before he would destroy mankind for it's sin. Were it not for the fact his former creation, pokemon, intervened- Pleading to spare them for the companionship they had managed to form. As Arceus reconsidered- Allowing both to get what they want."

"... Meanwhile, Zacharie's story. The reason he applied for this experiment... He hadn't lead the best life. When he came here, he told me that he had always felt like he had no choice in life. For him, this was his chance to finally start a life of his own."

"Nowadays, many people doubt if the gods even existed. Surely enough, it has been a long time since one was seen in action... But there's enough evidence they did, at least. Hence that I do not doubt that god exists."

"But neither do I doubt he has a cruel sense of irony."

"Anyways... Mathilde dear, you got the cash yet?"

"Of course sir." the model says, handing over four cheques to the man- As he signs each one of them before passing them on to the trainers- Each one marked with a 1000 credits.

"You'll be able to redeem that in the bank. I rarely carry straight cash I'm afraid."

"Anyways... For those of you who want, my doctors will have you patched up to their best abilities if you want. Otherwise, you're free to leave. We'll take a look at your paras as well."
he says- giving a nod to Jeremy.

Koa
Feeling busted, koa spends a few moments frantically thinking what he could do- But soon finds that the next idea is even worse than the first, as eventually he decides there's only one thing he can really do. Sheepishly approaching the entrance before giving a slight wave at the vague silhouette of the man above- As all that manages to stumble from his lips is an "Uh... hi". An awkward silence falling as the mans own flashlight shines down on Koa, before he eventually speaks up again.

"...What you think you're doing down there kid?"

Bjorn

Before the butterfree gets the chance to do anything else, Silk fires another poison sting- Knocking out the butterfree, and as it falls unconcious on the branch, gives him a clear shot at any of the remaining caterpie or the metapod! Considering they were rather docile at first, and would only be able to tackle him if he goes up on the branch...

Bjorn gains 55 exp!

Bjorn has captured a lvl 18 lonely female butterfree with compound eyes!
Bjorn has captured a lvl 7 quiet female caterpie with shield dust!

Additionally, he's got "free pickings" of the caterpie still left on the branch- Though he'll need to make the capture still, of course.

(Give me capture rolls with the same -3 penalty. For each 2 misses you'd make attempting to capture, a pokeball will break because it's so high up. Breaking because of failure to capture can still apply as well, but that's unlikely to happen.)

Izzy
"Oh....okay. I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt that badly...."

The nurse gives Izzy a compassionate look, but otherwise continues the treatment unchanged. It is not before the end that, without notice or saying a word, you see her apply a medical bandage to one of the nastier bruises- Giving her nothing else but a brief smile as she continues as if nothing happened.

"Anyways... Like I said, take it easy tomorrow and you should feel much better by the weekend. If you're joining the tournament, you probably will be all fine by sunday as well, considering it's unlikely you'll get hurt there. Let's just hope it's not the same fiasco as yesterday..."

Irene and Elias

"Well... he acts like a boy, but no this is more for my father. He's a bit over protective, and if he thinks the wilds are anymore dangerous he'll try to stop me from going most likely."

"I am planning on staying in the city till the bruises heal, and have some clothes that can cover them up, but I just need to get to my room without having an ambulance called. Thank you for doing this, I know this isn't part of your normal job description."

"Oh, I guess I can understand that... Don't think I should support you hiding stuff like this, but... Well, guess I can understand- Headmaster Joy back at the academy was always over-protective as well, but me and some of the other nurses had the occasional sneak out to have some fun in the town. Think she knew that, but we were only in for laundry duty if we got caught, heh."

"Anyways... You're welcome dear. I live to serve. Take it easy and you'll be all better in a few days, okay?"

Afterwards, Elias and Irene have a discussion about amauras.