PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:49 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

This turn turns out to not be as... Super exciting as others might have been- Mostly by virtue the trainers had managed to buy themselves another round by keeping the metal ant constrained... Although it's looking mighty pissed now, as it startles awake!

Although not much else happens this turn- As Roy pushes it a bit forward, and the others prepare for the anger it is readying to unleash... Even though Luna does manage to debuff it a tad more.

"50 %..."

Blessings: Mist(3)
Pyre(40/18) +4 SPD 62/81
genesect(16/20) burned, -3 ATT, (cannot crit), lightly injured, being grappled [Boosted: +3 to all]
Buttercup(15) 20/54 recalled.
Jackie(15)
Husk(15)
Bjorn(14) 58/58 +2 SPD
Luna(12)
Haley(12)
Acorn(10) 43/65
Charon(5)
Alex(5)
Roy(4) grappling Genesect
Dusk(3)
Slippy(2) 34/69
Singularity(S) 50% complete

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"Ooooh, I get it! This is a scam! You make the bridge uncrossable, then we have to pay to use it. That's really clever!"

"... Seriously?"

"Girl, just some friendly advice:"

"Don't stick around in Murkoff for too long."

"Probably wouldn't be good for ya."

"We can clear the spikes just fine, now are you gonna let us pass? If not, then we'll just go around, yeah?"

".....you...you do realise we can just fly over though...right?"

"It's really not that much of an inconvience if we can't walk across, we'd just prefer to not rely on our pokemon like that."

"Yo, why you gotta be so sour about this little thing?"

"Sure, you probably have a way to go around..."

"But the bridge is probably a whole lot easier, ain't it?"

"I mean you're trainers, right? Two fifty is nothing for you guys- You're gonna end up beating Jack and get, what, ten times that?"

"And there's always hagglin' you know."

"Although to be completely fair, it's mostly that you're not exactly... Expected clients."

"Yeah- Truck convoy ought to pass sooner or later... And they won't be able to go around."

"So hey, if you want to just go around... Be our guests."

Using his intuition, Koa can tell that while the goons aren't gonna clear a path for them for nothing, it's not like they're looking to force the trainers into anything... It's a beggars tactic, really- Try to be annoying to the point that you'd rather pay to get them out of sight, than do the hard part...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 am

"Alright, we will." Koa snapped, gesturing to the other trainers and making his way around to the river bank. He didn't actually have any means of crossing, himself, so he'd wait there for the others to bring out their pokemon that could.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:42 am

Haley opens her seed bag and pulls out some spores to throw at genesect. "Acorn, same plan! Intecept when it attacks!"
Acorn athletic [4d6+6] = 16+6 = 22
Opps should be 20 because haley is doing something else asides orders.

Stun spore: Forum code: [1d20] = 19

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:22 am

Shrugging, Izzy gives Kay the signal to take off. Which the bat-dragon happily does, swooping low over the heads of the punks as she crosses the bridge. Once on the other side she dismounts, sending Kay back to pick up one of the others.

Meanwhile, Maku voluntarily lends a hand, gently picking up Isabella and carrying her across to the waiting Izzy.

Maku Athletics: 19

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:08 am

Drake will gladly take the lift from Kay
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 pm

((Wait, did it just jump from minimal charge to max? Rood. How am I meant to time its removal from the pad properly if it just arbitrarily goes up two charge stages? Since it should have had its turn before mine, so I'd have seen its charge level, can I push it all the way off the pad last turn?))

"One person, hit it with a fire attack or a low kick. Roy,"

Conditional time! IF:
1. Genesect gains Dominance, Roy tries to gain it back. (Combat Roll, 16)
2. I get to adjust to have Genesect pushed off, and the charge disperses, Roy pulls it back on.
3. I don't get to adjust the push position and it didn't use the big attack, Roy will push it off the pad.
4. Nobody attacks Genesect, Roy will use a Fire Punch Low Kick. (AC=10 (needs 3), Damage=54 + 1d8 (DB8->DB10) = 54+2 = 56
5. Roy will Secure his grapple.

Also, Alex attempts (Rather futilely) to Terrorize the robot, 9

Keep in mind that while grappled, Genesect has -6AC against all targets outside the grapple.

.... SOMEONE hit Genesect. I don't care if you'll do minimal damage, just give a reason for Alex to not attack. That fire punch will be 3x damage, and has a high risk of a KO. Wait, never mind. The problem arises from a strategic mistake (The very powerful striker using a 3x move), rather than roll knowledge (which were rather mediocre), so I can actually just change my action. Low Kick Ahoy!
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:42 pm

"Just be careful, poke isn't worth your health ok?"

Looking up at Ms. Cuddles Irene asks "We finally found some water do you wan" SPALSH Before Irene can even finish asking the big pokemon happily dives into the water and starts swimming around in happy circles really testing out her new form. After a few minuets of this the giant pokemon calmy lines up next to the ravine to let people on give a ride smooth as a yacht probably.

Ms. Cuddles athletic check [6d6+1] = 30+1 = 31
I'm not sure if that's high enough :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:06 am

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"Alright, we will." Koa snaps, turning around and soon finding himself at the mercy of his team mates to actually get across... Irene being a bit more forgiving as they begin working on crossing the canal:

"Just be careful, poke isn't worth your health ok?"

"Heh. Gotta make our due's somehow, don't we?"

Following that, while it does take a bit longer than it would have simply being able to walk across, the trainers do manage to cross... And leave the problem for someone else to deal with. Ms Cuddles helps in the whole effort of carrying trainers across, too, speeding up things significantly rather than having Kay and Maku carry over people one by one... It's pretty clear that the current is rather strong, but Cuddles doesn't even seem to mind a bit- Makes sense when you think about it, you suppose...

Regardless, with that the trainers proceed to the city with no further issues... Almost, at least. Figured there'd have to be one more thing blocking their path- Even if this time around, it'd turn out to resolve itself...

As the trainers approach the city, more and more begins to become clear. It seems that while the couple skyscrapers it had was the only thing standing out from such a large distance, it appears the majority of the city does consist out of larger buildings. Multi-story buildings, packed closely together, showing in most occasions sign of wear and age... As the trainers first stumble on a signpost, managing to make out between the graffiti the designations of "VISITOR ENTRANCE" and "INDUSTRIAL ENTRANCE"- The latter going around to somewhere on the North side, while the visitor entrance goes straight ahead... And there is just one final thing for the trainers to notice, to receive their first impression of the city... The concrete barrier surrounding it completely- Iron fencing sticking up above it, "HIGH VOLTAGE" warnings disabled clearly on regular intervals... And the manned checkpoint they're coming up on.

Two officer Jenny's stand on alert as they see the trainers approach. Offering a comforting smile as it seems they'll be able to walk right on through at first... Until one of their growlithe starts barking madly towards Jeremy.

"Hmm... Anything you need to declare, sir?"

"Ah! W-Well, I do carry a lot of chemicals around... Mostly for medicine- It's nothing illegal, though..."

"Of course. Mind if we search your bag for just a moment, though?"

Jeremy gives a hesitant nod, as Isabella simply moans at yet another complication: "Seriously? You think we'd be stupid enough to take in drugs straight through the gate?"

"Ah... Isabella, right? We heard about your achievement back at the capital- Congratulations."

"And yes, we know... Still- Protocol."

"God dammit. Well... I suppose you guys can go on ahead. I'll wait with Jeremy until they've cleared him, and got some... Errands to run afterwards."

"Welcome to Murkoff- Let's try and not have the door hit us on the way out."

With that, the other trainers take another couple steps forward into the city which... At first glance, appears normal, with the exception of a good number of security cameras dotting the long road stretching out in front of them through the city- Although admittedly, buildings on either side do not allow to have them see much beyond them... And one of the two Jenny's soon follows them, addressing them one final time:

"Excuse me- This is your first time in Murkoff, correct? I'd just like to share a couple advisory tips for your stay, if you'll be going around without miss Ternor as a guide... Try and stay on the main road whenever possible. Lodging can be obtained at either the local trainer hostel, or at Boulevard motel- Both places also serve breakfast, midday meals and dinner. If you need to purchase something, I'd advice to only visit the official pokemart... If you do want to visit the market, make sure to check the validity of any items you buy."

"I'd gladly answer any questions you might yet have. Otherwise... Enjoy your stay."

► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:55 am

Once through the gate, Izzy dismounts Kay and recalls both her and Maku. This didn't seem like the kinda place where she wanted to draw too much attention to herself. Instead, she releases the much less noticeable Nate to accompany her, the little bird perching merrily on top of her hat.

"Soooo, what are you guys thinking? I was gonna head to the Center and swap my team around a bit, then maybe check out the shops? Actually, we should probably sort out where we'll be sleeping first, huh....maybe see how much the hostel and motel are?"

"But yeah, I'm thinking we stay in pairs at least. So we can watch each others backs and stuff."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:15 pm

As The group approaches the city Irene recalls her giant friend bringing out the much more compact Rhythem. Seeing the city Irene sighs "You know for a city hosting the ghost type gym, I was expecting something more... mystical" Irene tells the group looking at one of the cameras head on.
"that's right, I wanted to switch out my party members too.Yeah, I don't think we want to be looking for a place after dark... I think pairs is a great idea.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

(Yes, I'll allow you to have pushed it off completely last round)

Genesect is first to unleash it's anger... Quite literally "venting"- As it unleashes a massive heat wave that hits Roy, Slippy, Acorn and Dusk for 78 damage- Or at least the first three, as Acorn does heroically manage to push Dusk out of the blast zone as it hits... Dealing 63, 32 and 126 damage- Leaving Acorn in a rather poor shape! At least, having been pushed off the pad, it seems that together with the attack, it's charge has completely dissipated... Still leaving it as a threat, if a far less dangerous one.

Some revenge is gained, at least, as Husk blinds the beast for one round- Luna tries to add on by blowing it a sweet kiss, but ends up missing as it's not even looking at her... Haley though, paralyzes it once again, as Alex attempts to terrorize it- But this thing feels no fear, apparently... As finally, Roy pushes it back on the pad- Readying it to resume the upload once more as it tries to struggle against it...

Pyre(40/18) +4 SPD 62/81
Jackie(15)
Husk(15)
Bjorn(14) 58/58 +2 SPD
Luna(12)
Haley(12)
genesect(12/20) -3 ATT, (-6 AC), lightly injured, being grappled, paralyzed
Acorn(10) -83/39
Charon(5)
Alex(5)
Roy(4) grappling Genesect 25/81
Dusk(3)
Slippy(2) 2/69
Singularity(S) 50% complete

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Haley takes a picture of the fire attack. "Acorn! Shit!" Haley recalls Acorn as he faints. In replacement she sends out Cushion.

"CUSHION LEECH SEED THE FUCKER. Then stay out of it's range." Leech seed [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:54 pm

So I missed Slippy still being out on the map, but...
Dlover wrote:Alex recalls Slippy...
That was... a couple rounds ago? Around the middle of last page.

"Okay, taking it off the pad doesn't subdue the power, so everyone focus on keeping it weak. Get this upload done before we're worn out. Roy, hit it. Everyone else, try to keep a distance so it can't hit everyone at once. When Roy can't take any more, one other will move in to replace him. Keep cycling so we can reduce the damage we take."
Roy hits Genesect with a Low Kick. Same rolls as the conditional last turn.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:00 pm

"That sounds alright, gives us something to do while our teams are getting fixed up. I should probably get looked at, too...."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:47 am

"That sounds alright, gives us something to do while our teams are getting fixed up. I should probably get looked at, too...."

Izzy's eyes widen as she glances at Koa, having completely forgotten about the whole explosion thing. He must be in so much pain!

"Oh, yeah! Sorry, I forgot you were so....come on, we shouldn't waste any more time!"

Leading the way, she heads towards the nearest PokeCenter, using her 'dex to navigate if necessary. Once there she hands the nurses Kay's pokeball for healing, before moving on to the PC and mixing up her team a bit. Zeke, Maku, and Eddie get deposited, and replaced by her three new Pokemon - Rhythm the Vibrava, and the currently unnamed Pinsir and Joltik. Rhythm gets released instantly, the dragonfly taking full advantage of the opportunity to stretch her wings by zooming around the enclosed waiting room. But for the other two, Izzy pauses, trying to figure out how best to introduce herself.

---------------------------------------

In the end she figures the Joltik will be easier to manage, and releases it first. The little bug materialises on top of a nearby table, looking very confused at not being surrounded by trees anymore. He seems to be thinking about escape, but quickly reconsiders on spotting Vibrava zooming around above.

"Hi, I'm Izzy! Sorry about earlier - I guess we stumbled across one of your nests, huh? Look, I don't usually do this...catching thing. But one of my friends was pretty badly hurt, and we were kinda in a hurry to get into town. So, how about this; if you want, I can just let you go somewhere outside of town. But there are a lot of predators out there, and you'll be pretty far from your nest. Or you can stick with me, I'll keep you safe, and next time I'm back in that area I'll give you the option to leave."
"So, what do you say?"

The Joltik chitters to himself, seemingly considering his options - before jumping up into Izzy's outstretched hand. He does give Rhythm and Nate a suspicious glance though, as if expecting them to swoop down and eat him.

"Great! Don't worry about these guys, they won't hurt you. Now, you're actually kinda the second bug I caught on the way here. I've got the other one here. Only, something tells me she won't be quite as....friendly as you were. Think you could give me a hand with her?"

Like the Joltik, the Pinsir seems very confused on being in such a foreign environment, taking a second to orientate herself....then turning and bolting for the door.

"Hi, I'm- wha- hey!"

Luckily, before the Pinsir can get too far, a clump of sticky webbing flies through the air and glues one of her legs to the ground. As she struggles desperately to free herself, the Joltik gives Izzy a smug chitter.

"Nice! Hey, uhh...listen up! I'm not gonna hurt you, but you're totally going into time-out if you don't stop it!"

Seeing that there's no escape, the Pinsir gives up. Plopping itself down on the floor grumpily, it glowers up at Izzy. Her expression softening, Izzy crouches down and gives what she hopes is a sympathetic smile.

"Sorry 'bout this, but I can't have you running into the city and causing havoc now, can I? So, I'm going to give you the same deal I gave this little guy. I'm not going to be near your home any time soon, so if you want to leave, I'll let you out on the edge of the city. You'll have to find your own way back, and to be honest you'll probably be caught by another group of trainers before you even make it halfway. Or you hang out with me for now, and I'll drop you home next time I'm back in the area."

The Pinsir is a bit more resistant to Izzy's charms, however. With a frown, she tries another tactic.

"...you Pinsir's really like fighting, don't ya? Well, I'm about to go into a really tough fight, and I could use someone like you in there. You stick with me, and by the time you go home you'll probably be the toughest Pinsir around!"

That seems to catch the bug's attention. Izzy can almost see the violence sparking in her eyes. And after some more consideration, she gives Izzy her approval.

"Neat! Now, I'm gonna have to give you both names, aren't I? How about....Bugsy? Aaaaand...Pinch? Bugsy and Pinch! Yeah, that sounds cool!"

Neither of the insects seem to really care all that much, accepting their new names without complaint. Izzy spends the rest of the hour introducing the newbies to the rest of her team. Rhythm is super friendly, if shy, giving Zeke a friendly nuzzle as they perch in the corner. While the two bugs seem to instinctively distrust all the winged Pokemon, but take a shining to the serious Fern - Bugsy spinning a web between two of her spikes, while Pinch compares pointiness with her.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:14 am

"Well it's the dark gym, not the ghost gym so it seems fitting enough with all the dark alleys..

Drake glances around disappointed by Murkoff having hoped to finally have a nice place to be. Once at the pokemon center he too will switch some pokemons around before turning to the others

"So I'm not sure how long you have to stay here Koa but we could take a look at the motel now and hear what their prices are. I'm not sure how I feel about a hostel in this city.."

Drake will gladly go with someone more people knowing when booking the rooms to make sure they aren't getting screwed.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:44 pm

[quote="Theis2"]"Well it's the dark gym, not the ghost gym so it seems fitting enough with all the dark alleys..
oh... Irene's shoulders seems to droop a little as she starts glancing around, mostly where it looks like the camera's blind spots are.
At the pokemon center Irene hands over Ms. Cuddles pokeball before going to the pc, and hesitating as she moves to make a descion. oh... Who can I deposite... Rythem has been with me forever no way I can deposit her, and Ochrana would hate it, not to mention any potentioal mischief... Cygnus has been with me from the very first battle... Shock was trusted to me by Drake, and after what happened to his original trainer... Rose, she was such a tease, She choose to stay instead of just running off the poke... Ms. Cuddles is being healed, plus she just evolved After hesitaiting for several minutes Irene finaly grabs Cygnus' ball and looks away as she deposits him, drawing out a new pokeball instead. "I need to take care of Piscies too..." After picking up the new pokeball she realeses a ladybug with four arms who looks around, and goes over to Pinch and immideatly challenges him to combat
"Hey wait a second he's not your opponet." "Le!" Earning a sharp glare for not having an opponet ready to fight the ledian starts punching Irene's arm, with several bruises forming before she can manage "Hey soon, soon you'll fight some strong pokemon ok? I'll challenge the gym soon ok?"
Seeming to be momentarily placited with this Irene gets in the chance to actually talk to her pokemon "Like I said when I first met, I think you'll be a real star member of my team, so how about I call you Etoile?" Etoile nods seeming indifferent before gesturing with all for arms towards the door. "All right, all right next time you come out will be in the gym alright?" Getting a nod from Ledian Irene hastily recalls Etoile before she can get punched anymore.

"Hey Sorry about that Izzy. I have no clue how to deal with her honestly, She's the first pokemon I've met who is soo... forceful. Would you mind picking up Ms. Cuddles when she's done healing... I'm afraid if I don't get to the gym challenge today, I'll get a mach punch to the gut next time I release her."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Pinch bristles as the Ledyba approaches, clacking her pincers menacingly before Irene pulls Etoile away.

"Hey Sorry about that Izzy. I have no clue how to deal with her honestly, She's the first pokemon I've met who is soo... forceful. Would you mind picking up Ms. Cuddles when she's done healing... I'm afraid if I don't get to the gym challenge today, I'll get a mach punch to the gut next time I release her."

"That's okay, no harm done! Wait, you're going straight to the gym?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"Soooo, what are you guys thinking? I was gonna head to the Center and swap my team around a bit, then maybe check out the shops? Actually, we should probably sort out where we'll be sleeping first, huh....maybe see how much the hostel and motel are?"

"But yeah, I'm thinking we stay in pairs at least. So we can watch each others backs and stuff."

"You know for a city hosting the ghost type gym, I was expecting something more... mystical"

"Well it's the dark gym, not the ghost gym so it seems fitting enough with all the dark alleys..

"Oh..." Irene states as she realizes the mixup- Looking about at all the cameras, finding that on first glance there's plenty of "blind spots", although no area is uncovered for long stretches here on this main road... But more notably, the moment she'd look down most sidestreets or alleyways, the watching eye of the cameras seem to come to an abrupt halt... And the sense of the "normal" city is quickly replaced by a less reputable one, as many roads are left in a rather clear state of decay, and most houses are at the least graffiti, and many... Refitted. Here from the main street, it was clear to see that many once houses or apartment complexes advertised them as a variety of stores or other services, using self-crafted signposts or occasionally graffiti. She can see a tattoo parlor, a pawn shop... And perhaps notably, a "tourism center"- Although one could not exactly be sure to really call it that if it's slogan beneath literally advertised: "Buy your local gang territory map here- Learn what's safe and what's not!"

Regardless of that, though, conversation soon turns to visiting the local pokecenter, while contemplating where they'll find a place to sleep... Luckily, it seems the pokecenter here at least is the same as everywhere else, as the trainers pokemon are taken with no issue... And the nurses do take a look at Koa as well- But are sad to say that they will need to charge for the extent of his injuries, even though it pains them somewhat to turn someone away who's obviously hurt... Advising him to stay over night as they'd put him under some treatments, which would cost him about 500- And clear most of his injuries come morning.

Izzy and Irene, meanwhile, spend the time that their pokemon take healing making acquintances of their new pokemon... Some going better than others- As while Izzy manages to befriend the surprisingly friendly spider quickly, her other bug needs to be restrained for a while... While Irene's bug seems intent on getting Irene to a state where she'd have to join Koa for the night.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:37 am

Bjorn sends out Sludge, before readying himself to intercept any attacks headed their way. "Go for the eyes buddy!"
Bjorn Intercept = 5d6 = 20

Sludge meanwhile hits Genesect with a mud slap across its already irritated eyes.
Mud Slap (AC = 16; Damage = 24)
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:38 am

After Kay has been healed, Izzy picks up her ball and turns to the others.

"So, motel or hostel first?"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:18 am

Actually, I'm going... um... Phoenix snaps his fingers a few times, trying and failing to get his brain working again. Failing that, he calls out to Midas to help him. So, where were my friends going again? The opposite direction of Rutherford, right?
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:11 am

"I guess I'm staying here for the night, so it doesn't matter to me," Koa says with a shrug.

"But now that we're here, shouldn't you see about getting those pokemon we found to a shelter or something? Someplace that'll put 'em where they're supposed to be?" Koa asks Drake, with regard to the Glalie and Tentacruel. "Maybe the nurses will know something about it?"

Meanwhile Koa hands Maguma over to the nurses to heal up, and he swaps out some team members. Kana, Sula, and Mali get deposited for Naolhi and the as-of-yet unnamed Zangoose and Heracross. Since the others are making introductions and giving names, Koa figures he might as well.

First up is the Zangoose, the one who already agreed to being caught. The big mongoose glances about skeptically after being released. Hmph, another sterile room. At least he wasn't wearing a collar this time....

"Hey there! I guess we already met, huh? Though you, uh, might not recognize me, I guess," Koa says, not remembering if he was wearing his Suit helmet at the time. "I'm Koa, the guy who made you that food earlier? Well we made it to town, somehow. So I guess now's a good time to give you a name! Now let's see...," Koa ponders, taking out his pokedex to refresh himself on 'Zangoose'. "Oh right, you've got a real strong reaction to poisons. So...."

The Zangoose stands around while his trainer talks to himself. He spots Rhythm flying around and decides to walk over and hang out near his fellow escapee.

"Hmm... well your claws are pretty big, too, so... how about Makeno?" Koa suggests, looking up from his pokedex, only to see the Zangoose had ignored him entirely and walked away.

"I... guess you're Makeno, then."

Next up is the Heracross. Upon release, the Heracross glances around only briefly before his eyes lock onto Koa.

"Hey, remember me from yesterday? In that big fight we had."

Oh yeah, he remembers. It's the last thing he remembers, actually, was this guy constantly jumping in front of the beetle's attacks. The Heracross sizes Koa up - the bug must've messed him up really bad from the looks of it. The Heracross puts up his dukes, ready for round 2.

"Whoa, hey! We can spar later - I'm not at my best right now, it wouldn't be fair, yeah?"

The Heracross considers this for a moment. He supposed that was true....

"I caught you in our last fight, that's why you're here now, along with some of your friends," Koa says, gesturing to Izzy's Pinsir.

Which he probably shouldn't have done, as the Heracross switches targets. He pounds his fists together and buzzes his wings threateningly at the rival stag beetle.

"NO! No, it's okay," Koa says, jumping in front of the Heracross, something the beetle notes with sarcastic familiarity. Is that all this guy can do, is jump in front of things? "We're all on the same team here, you don't gotta fight for space anymore. Well, the other bug's on Izzy's team, you're on my team."

"Look, if you wanna fight so bad, that's fine! We're trainers, that's what we do. In fact there's a big fight coming up with a bunch of Dark-types. It might be pretty tough, so I'm gonna need your help, yeah?"

Well... the Heracross did like the sound of fighting, he considers as he lowers his guard. He continues giving Pinch the stink-eye occasionally.

"Alright! Cool, well, before all that you're gonna need a name! And I know just the thing," Koa says, eyeing the Heracross' horn, which was almost as long at the beetle's body. "Kikolo."

After all that, Koa's fine with going wherever the others want to go. He releases Naolhi to commence a Pickup in the meantime, with Analo's help. Koa tells the Combee to stay away from any dark alleys and other shady-looking places as he searches, just to be safe.

The Combee finds...

Pickup in Murkoff: 1d20 = [6] = 6
Pickup in Murkoff - Probability Control: 1d20 = [1] = 1
Pickup in Murkoff - Probability Control (Entrainment): 1d20 = [7] = 7

...drugs. Of course. At least it's a "safe" drug for use in battles (an X-item), though Koa still looks at it skeptically.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Luna initially rushes over to the fallen Acorn, but finds it recalled before she even gets there- Replaced by Cushion. She takes a picture of the move "heat wave" as she does...

Bjorn, meanwhile, releases Sludge- Who immediately blinds Genesect even more.

Did not seem like it would matter much, though, as Genesect seems really pissed off, and hence strikes accurately- Sticking a magnet bomb to Roy prior to blowing it up, dealing 48(33) damage and knocking him out! Bjorn briefly considers jumping in to intersect the attack, but would have been unable to do so from Roy's grappling position... Leaving just Cushion to be released, and coat the bug in leech seeds.

"Progress at... 55%."

Pyre(40/18) +4 SPD 62/81
Sludge(22/14)
Jackie(15)
Husk(15)
Bjorn(14) 58/58 +2 SPD
Luna(12)
Haley(12)
genesect(12/20) -3 ATT, -1 AC, lightly injured, paralyzed, leech seeded [Charged: +1 all]
Acorn(10) -83/39 recalled
Charon(5)
Alex(5)
Roy(4) -8/72
Dusk(3)
Slippy(2) 34/69 recalled
Cushion(2)
Singularity(S) 60% complete
► Show Spoiler

Phoenix

Actually, I'm going... um...

So, where were my friends going again? The opposite direction of Rutherford, right?

"Yes. Your friends went East, towards Murkoff. YOU, however, will be going to meet miss Emilia Warner- Or did you already forget the whole reason we came here in the first place..?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:20 pm

"Jackie shock wave! Singularity if you have access to the sleep gas use it on genesect please!"

Haley goes over to cushion and starts carring her back to under the desk.
Shockwave potential crit [1d20] = 2 [2d8+34] = 10+34 = 44
► Show Spoiler