PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Alex shrugs and heads for the airlock, "They won't have eaten in here. Maybe we'll find what we need what we need through here."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:30 am

Between his aching injuries, unpleasant dreams about his interdimensional near-death experience, and the oppressive atmosphere of this place... Koa understandably has a rough night. When he wakes up, he doesn't even bother with his morning stretches. He just isn't feeling it, and it would probably hurt to do them anyway.

Instead he sets straight to making breakfast. With Drake's permission he'll cut up another Tiny Mushroom into Preserves, then make a Hearty Meal to give everyone a nice boost!
Fluff Intuition to cook tree shrine Hearty Meal: 4d6+4+6 = [5, 5, 3, 2] = 25
Hearty Meal: When consumed by a Trainer, they gain +2 to their Max AP until the end of their next extended rest.
(Well, only 5 of us get the boost. Isabella and Jeremy will have to decide which of them will have extra AP today :shifty: )

"So...," Koa starts, stifling a yawn, looking to the other trainers, "what's the plan for today? I don't think there's much we can do here - maybe leave a message for anyone that comes through? We should probably call Diancie about it and tell her what's up."

"Other than that, we just headed to Murkoff? I think that Mega Fissure thing is too far away to check without losing a bunch of time - this place is North of the bunker, the Fissure was South. I mean there's still the Eastern anomaly, but we were told to ignore that one. Unless you wanna share what that was, now?" Koa says, pulling out his pokedex. "It can't be worse than what we saw yesterday, yeah?"

Koa looks to Drake in particular... then pulls out a particular pokeball, handling it with caution.
"You think we should introduce ourselves to his kids, yet? While we're still out in the middle of nowhere? We're probably gonna have to go outside for yours," Koa remarks, looking up and regarding the ceiling.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:43 am

Irene sets about brushing Rose as she returns from some night time travels in this new location, watching the rest of her team wake up before mobbing her wanting attention too. Yeah, if nothing else Diance would hopefully know a little more about the history of Giritina and Arceus.
As Koa cooks up breakfast Irene will help Ms. Cuddles learn the ways of annoying optimism

"Shouldn't we head to Murkoff to have you looked over? I mean you seem relativly fine, but we don't know if there are different dieases from this alternate dimension."

"Actually, what are you guys going to do with the children once we get into town? Having six full pokeballs and only using 5 will get suspecious fast... You guys mentioned a triangle of anomlies right? Maybe you could ask about them in the pokecenter, and point to a fourth location away from everything, and say you found them there?"

Rose Pickup Rose pickup [1d20] = 1 :roll:
Ms. Cuddles gets tutored cheer brigade, gaining the ability friend guard.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:10 am

Bjorn pockets the sunglasses and walks out of the room. "Big rock," he says, addressing the others and gesturing to the room behind him over his shoulders.

"Ah, whats a reboot? Thats not good, right?"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:03 am

"Means the full system's starting up, and we don't know how it will react once that happens. If it's gone crazy it could prove dangerous, so we kind of want to be done here before that happens."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:07 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Haley attempts to give "pie" as an answer, along with previously established answers... Only to have the AI, again, respond one or more answers are correct... Leading her to go through rooms again in frustration, finding nothing that they have not yet seen- The only thing not investigated in the one connecting room being the machine in the middle, and the airlock- But maybe if they just keep ignoring those, they'll just disappear and leave them alone. Although it doesn't seem like it- Alex, at least, actually heading out towards it now, and... Presumably waiting for the others to join him..?
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:14 am

(I'm mostly ignoring that machine because I didn't see any note of an interface and while Alex isn't incompetent he's also not a technowizard who can use machines with no screen. I also highly doubt it can tell us what Nixon's favourite food is.)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:24 am

Okay look at the machine and hack for details while Alex deal with the airlick. I have a few ideas to implement when it hits around 75% but rather not use them for sake of the AI.

"YES. Have you not payed attention? Any help would be appreciated so I can make sure it doesn't go out and murder us. I've been doing that for the past...hour or so."

Tech edu [4d6+1] = 17+1 = 18

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Koa, Irene, (Drake), (Izzy)

Koa spends some time cooking another hearty breakfast after waking up, as he questions what to do next... And directs some question more directly to the spark, too.

"So... What's the plan for today? I don't think there's much we can do here - maybe leave a message for anyone that comes through? We should probably call Diancie about it and tell her what's up."

"Other than that, we just headed to Murkoff? I think that Mega Fissure thing is too far away to check without losing a bunch of time - this place is North of the bunker, the Fissure was South. I mean there's still the Eastern anomaly, but we were told to ignore that one. Unless you wanna share what that was, now It can't be worse than what we saw yesterday, yeah?"

"I guess we're just headed to Murkoff..? Maybe the mega fissure thing could be worth it, but it also sounds like a giant detour... If it's even still there."

"Yeah, if nothing else Diance would hopefully know a little more about the history of Giritina and Arceus. And shouldn't we head to Murkoff to have you looked over? I mean you seem relativly fine, but we don't know if there are different dieases from this alternate dimension."

Code: Select all

As to answer your question... Does it being just as bad count if I am ninety percent certain it was our dear old friend, the GRAND OVERSEER? :)

I mean, I cannot discern the different kinds of otherworldly energy, so I can not tell for sure... But this is not uncommon from him. :/

He tears a hole into our world... And then pours energy from his into ours. :o

That is why the signal was so much stronger than the other ones- It was by no means a small, natural trickle... It was a full out intentional flood. :o

The suspicion is that he is pretty much doing it constantly... But we can only confirm the occasional one we discover. :/

There is only one... Well, two groups of people that are interested in that, and the one group doesn't have the technology to cover large pieces of land. :/

As to WHY that thing is doing it... Nobody knows for certain, really. :)

The most common theory is that it is trying to... Make this world more "hospitable" to itself and it's kind.

But even if it were 'venting' like it is doing constantly, it is nowhere near enough to actually do anything over a larger area... Unless perhaps you start counting in millions or billions of years- Which might be long to you, but is likely just another drop in the bucket to that thing...

Anyways... If you want, I can give you the coordinates of where it put it's portal. It has closed again by now, so there should be no threat, but you might yet find something interesting there... :)
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks! I'm sure it'll go to good use. Phoenix says as he pockets the TM and his new badge.

I did it! All on my own, too. Most of it with one pokemon. I'd say that's a decent display of power. Any chance that legendary presence is still in the building? Or do you know where it is?
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:37 pm

"Actually, what are you guys going to do with the children once we get into town? Having six full pokeballs and only using 5 will get suspecious fast... You guys mentioned a triangle of anomlies right? Maybe you could ask about them in the pokecenter, and point to a fourth location away from everything, and say you found them there?"

"Eh, just using five pokemon isn't that weird. It's a lot easier to do that than explain how we got these weird pokemon no one's ever seen before. Which... we can't ever tell the League about these guys," Koa warns the other trainers, still gingerly handling the pokeball. "The best thing that happens is they think they're just some new pokemon, and the League's going to wanna see them. We can't afford that kind-of attention, not when we can't be sure how deep those Godslayer guys are into the League."

Then Koa reads up on what the anomaly is, learning that it's probably more of the Overseer's doing.

"Ah, lucky us. We didn't have time to go see him so he made time to come meet us, yeah?" Koa jokes with a bitter smile. Of course that's not exactly how it happened, the trainers' presence was incidental to the Overseer, but Koa's injuries can't tell the difference. "How long's it been doing that for? Something like 42 years, would you say?"

"I wouldn't be against checking it out, since the Overseer's not there anymore and it's on the way East to Murkoff anyway."
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:12 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"YES. Have you not payed attention? Any help would be appreciated so I can make sure it doesn't go out and murder us. I've been doing that for the past...hour or so."

"We've not been here THAT long... And being angry at each other isn't going to help things- We can only look around to see if we can find anything else, right..?" Luna proposes, moving over to Alex who... Is he pulling the lever to activate the airlock, or not? The whole thing does seem pretty straightforward...

Haley meanwhile, moves over to the console besides the machine, that has always been there, intending to "hack" it... Not much hacking is required, though- The machine seems pretty self-explanatory, with only one real "activation" button... Her tech edu telling her that the device seems "ready", and supposed to... "Summon" something..?

Koa

"Eh, just using five pokemon isn't that weird. It's a lot easier to do that than explain how we got these weird pokemon no one's ever seen before. Which... we can't ever tell the League about these guys. The best thing that happens is they think they're just some new pokemon, and the League's going to wanna see them. We can't afford that kind-of attention, not when we can't be sure how deep those Godslayer guys are into the League."

"...Yeah, about that... Won't they know anyways..? What with the whole catching a pokemon ties it to your ID, thing..."

"Ah, lucky us. We didn't have time to go see him so he made time to come meet us, yeah? How long's it been doing that for? Something like 42 years, would you say?"

Ha ha ha. :)

And... No. :)

33 years, actually. :)

You seem to have a good handle on how things have been going... So I suppose you can deduce from that what it was that got it in here. :)
Following that, Koa states he'd have no issue passing by the spot, as it would only be a very minor detour... Isabella shrugs, as the others seem to silently debate among each other...

Phoenix

"Thanks! I'm sure it'll go to good use."

"Great! Well, I'll see you on the dance floor kid!"

"I did it! All on my own, too. Most of it with one pokemon. I'd say that's a decent display of power. Any chance that legendary presence is still in the building? Or do you know where it is?"

"The general consensus seems to be you cheesed the battle with a pokemon he was ill-equipped for given your level, while you could likely have easily won without doing that."

"So, yes. Congratulations."

"And no. Who ever it may have been, they have been suppressing their aura ever since I noticed earlier. My guess is that they probably-"

Midas seems interrupted as Doremy begins her song... Her voice powerful and instantly captivating... Was she a celebrity..? He didn't recognize her, but her voice was befitting of one, and while perhaps she might be no model, she definitely was not ugly- As she begins her song...

"...Well, well, well."

"There you have her."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:16 am

Unless that's a food dispenser, I don't suggest summoning demons from the netherrealms. If it is a food dispenser, go ahead and summon demons from the netherrealms. They make amazing curry.

And yes, Alex is pulling the lever.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:28 am

Haley is not going to summon anything without knowing further what she is summoning. She takes a gander as to what it would summon, letting Alex mess with the airlock.

"Sorry it's just....gahhhh! This whole thing is frustrating."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:59 am

"33 years ago... what happened 33 years ago? Is... that after Colress came through?"
► Show Spoiler
"...Yeah, about that... Won't they know anyways..? What with the whole catching a pokemon ties it to your ID, thing..."

Koa stares at Jeremy for a moment... and starts to get a sinking feeling.
"I-is that how it works? I thought we'd be fine so long as we kept them out of the PC and didn't scan them! Uhh... shoot! Can you help with that?" Koa asks, turning his attention back to his pokedex. "Make these things look like something else in their computers, I dunno! Has anyone seen that we have 'em, yet?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:44 am

"I don't have any objections to checking out that other anomaly. Bit of a shame we can't go to that Mega fissure though..."

"...oh! Weren't the others going to be coming after us? Maybe we could send them the coordinates for it, and they could take a look?"

(Can't do a proper post right now, will do it on sat or Sunday)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:54 pm

"You know venting might make sense, because both people he brought from the G-world were able to make portals, Grimm was dragged through a portal, and now the scientists over there are making portals... Maybe the poeple he's moving around are the ones able to open portals so he gets more venting with less energy investment? Izzy you said there was a machine you messed with right? Maybe the OverSeer was born from automation? Like how Spark came from creativity. Then the point of moving people around is to automate the process of making things hospitable?" Irene pauses for a second before remembering to explain. "Oh yeah, because we can't really openly talk about knowing legendaries and other worlds, I think shortening them to a letter plus world would make sense because it sounds like a video game. So we have A-World for our world, A being for Arceus, G-World Giritina's world, D-world the death plane Grimm is from. I-plane the plane between realms where Spark seems to reside, and O-world the Overseers world where Ultra beasts are from. "

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:13 pm

Wait, so this goddess is parading around as some gym leader's singer/assistant? It seems like she's kinda... slumming it. Do you have any other ideas about who she is?

Phoenix bides his time to try to meet Doremy. In the meantime, he starts chatting up some of the girls in the club while dancing every once in a while, toning it down from what he did while during the battle, but still throwing in some nice moves.

Charm=18
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:13 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Haley does not trust the machine to not summon some kind of satan spawn, trying to further inspect the machine as to what it might be... But if she had any further clues as to what this "summon" thing might be, she'd have noted that from the get-go. The whole thing is rather undocumented, and the whole reason she could even figure THAT out was thanks to her being somewhat tech savvy... Unless she missed something else in what little she can deduce from the console, the only way to learn for sure is to activate it- Either that, or leave it alone...

Alex, meanwhile, ends up activating the airlock- This activating with just a bit less fanfare than the entrance did, as the doors behind them close at a steady, albeit noisy pace, before the decontamination begins... Taking about a minute before it finishes, the door opening to the other side- Where he is met with some benches and lockers, getting the distinct impression it's where you're "supposed" to remove the protective suit, the small room stretching out in a longer hallway beyond it- A total of 6 doors standing at the sides, three left and three right, as well as one door on the end of the hallway... The first four doors apparently being sleeping rooms- Labeled as "Nixon", "Goser", "Pearl" and "Matthias"- With the final three doors at the end of the hallway being the "bathroom", "kitchen" and "storage".

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"33 years ago... what happened 33 years ago? Is... that after Colress came through?"

Yes. :)

Colress plan was to release a large enough burst of energy to break or damage "the barrier"...

With hopes it would naturally be weakened enough for a portal home to be created.

And, well... It worked! Except it didn't break open a way back home.

It just let something else in.

... As much as I would like to subscribe in your theory that it was all the GRAND OVERSEER... :)

And I suppose, to an extent, it'd fit him... :)

That does kind of throw a wrench into things, does it not? :/

I just... It doesn't make sense! >:(

It feels like I'm missing something! :(

"I-is that how it works? I thought we'd be fine so long as we kept them out of the PC and didn't scan them! Uhh... shoot! Can you help with that? Make these things look like something else in their computers, I dunno! Has anyone seen that we have 'em, yet?"

Well... I'd be lying if I said "no". :)

To both questions. ;)

Do not worry though! Things are going to be just fine. ;)

Mostly. ;)

Ha ha ha. :)
Drake briefly states he's gonna wait until he's in a big enough open field before releasing his Celesteela, meaning that if Koa wants to do so soon with his own pokemon, he should probably just do it now... As the others continue conversation- Irene postulating ideas, met with a confused look from Isabella and an understanding one from Jeremy, as Izzy agrees that they should be heading out... And with that, they're on their way.

Perception and athletics rolls please.
► Show Spoiler
Phoenix

"Wait, so this goddess is parading around as some gym leader's singer/assistant? It seems like she's kinda... slumming it. Do you have any other ideas about who she is?"

"I am guessing she is Meloetta."

"Song and dance have always been her thing as a tutor. To be found at a club like this is... Something of low ambitions, but not impossible."

"Also, it appears she's not as much an assistant as much as they are dating."

Phoenix, while waiting for a chance to chat up to Doremy... Which might come sooner than expected, as she hands the mic back to Nick after a couple songs, who's own songs, while definitely not bad, seem a bit pale in comparison to her... Although maybe it's just that it's a different kind- In each case, he spends some of the time chatting up with some of the girls and dancing... Most of them seem at least somewhat interested at first, although it's eventually lost presuming he moves on... And there's also one instance where a guy had his arm wrap around the shoulder of a girl he was trying to chat up in a rather clear gesture as he quickly excused himself from the already occupied damsel... He does find himself dancing with another girl rather unexpectedly, however- Another trainer, judging by her light-blue trainer cap, and the roserade that is dancing next to her on a pace way out of tune with the kind of music being played.

"Hey, you just won a badge- You got no pokemon that'd like to stretch their legs?"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:30 am

Alex neglects to remove the suit - mostly to save time. "Could you check out the kitchen, Luna? See if there's anything marked as belonging to Nixon? I'll be checking his room." He does as he says, going into Nixon's room and looking around for anything of use, checking all the drawers and tables.
Understanding that goser's ID wouldn't get into Nixon's room, Alex goes to search the kitchen for anything labeled as Nixon's.

Per: 6
Int: 20
Last edited by Dlover on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:33 am

Haley sighs and decides to go to the airlock, and decides to go to Groser's room first to try to find anything interesting since Nixon's door is opened and she sees Alex in there. she decides to go to the keycard and looks at willow. "Ingrain." She looks at the key card and see how it can disabled. If she can without it sounding an alarm or murder bots she does so.

"Willow, I want you to try to phase into Groser's room. Come back to me and phase into this (Nixon's) room."
[/s]Per [5d6+3] = 17+3 = 20 tech [4d6+1] = 12+1 = 13

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:09 am

Why phase into Goser's room when only Nixon's door is locked?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:10 am

To test out a theory. Don't worry about it. She phases into Nixon's room shortly after.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:29 am

Koa lets out a defeated puff of air as he reads the Spark's message.
"Well... are they doing anything about it, the people who saw? Is it too late to... I dunno, mess with our pokeballs so they send back a different signal? Like maybe you could change mine so it looks like a shiny-white Tentacruel in their computers, something that might've reported back wrong at first. I dunno, maybe they'd buy that?"

"Who are the two groups looking into what the Overseer's doing? Are they gonna be a problem?"

Eventually the group decides to head out. Koa refrains from letting the Nihilego out just now, thinking that maybe it'd be a better idea to let it out where the Overseer poured out some energy? It'd probably feel more comfortable there.
Athletics and Perception going to Eastern anomaly:
4d6+2 = [6, 6, 5, 1] = 20
2d6 = [5, 4] = 9

While on the road Koa scrolls up to read over Spark's info about Colress and the Overseer. He might as well, since there's not much he can do about the Nihilego that may or may not have been discovered in his possession.

"Yeah... if Colress came through before the Overseer, it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to be the one doing all this."

"...I've been thinking about it and... well, what if it was you that pulled Colress and Prometheus through? I mean, not you, but a different you? What if there are two Sparks?"

"Gaia said a Spark first showed up in their world 42 years ago, yeah? Around the time Giratina came through into our world to break the Red Chain? And around the time you grabbed your piece of it. Well... you might've guessed that taking a piece of the Chain would do what it did and start limiting what you can do, yeah? So you make a copy of yourself, without the copy knowing about it, so that your copy can take the piece instead. Then the original you sneaks in through Giratina's portal, 'cause you know you can hide there without anyone knowing about it, not even your copy."

"It might be a bit of a stretch, but... what if there's a Spark out there that's been helping Colress, and now it's helping Prometheus? They've got all this crazy tech, and yesterday Pandora called you by name when she saw us. She said 'what do you want, Spark?' like she wasn't even surprised. Have you ever met her before? She said you use robots that look like our suits, but I thought you just use agents like us?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:00 am

Bjorn decides to check out the storage room for anything else that may be Nixon's or may help.

Bjorn Perception check: 3D6 = [3, 4, 2] = 9
Pyre Perception check: 4D6 = [4, 1, 1, 3] = 9
► Show Spoiler