PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:07 am

"Sounds like the best plan in this maze, I guess I'll see you around at the gym battle."

Drake will double back and get the TM from the machine using his candle before he's heading for the exit.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:29 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Bjorn grunts at Tank being knocked out, replacing it instantly for Pyre- While rushing down to one of the voltorbs beneath, freeze-drying it. It does some damage, but it can still keep going for a while... Luna continues focusing on one of the smaller hoppip bots, dealing some damage to them as well.

The voltorb bots are next to act, as one counter-attacks Bjorn, while another one is still focused on Haley- Bjorn hit for 40(32) damage and almost knocking him out... Or it would, if Luna's blissey wasn't quick to rush in and take the hit instead as Bjorn is pushed out of the way. While Haley is hit for 39(32) damage.

"You should probsbly cease. Your master is knocked out. We have no control over what the wild pokemon will do. They may decide it is worth ending him than destroying the robots."

"I believe that even with their current appearances, the pokemon you refer to are quite intelligent enough to think rationally... And I'd advise against it- My masters last directive was to incapitate you, in other words simply knock you out..."

"But if you are going to make things exceedingly difficult, I'll just have to start making some directives of my own."

Regardless of what Hopper might say, though, it does seem he's at least taking Haley's "threat" somewhat serious... As rather than attacking, the jumpluff bot spends it's turn floating over, and soon picking up the unconscious mechanical genius- Drifting off slowly to the side...

"Oh gods. Hopper, you have to call off this job. If I'm right about who your employers are, when they find out about her they will kill her and everyone who could possibly have come into contact with her. Just the fact that you've been here is enough."

"Well now, that is quite dramatic even by my master's worst suspicions... Might I ask who you think our employer to be?"

Hopper doesn't seem willing to listen to reason quite yet, though, leading to Alex moving in to slap some sense into him..! Or that was his plan, at least- As it turns out, he's so unacrobatic that he simply doesn't even manage to get next to him in time, only moving closer.

Adrian is next to act, whose turn definitely didn't get skipped because someone forgot to add him to the initiative list, as the psyduck aims straight for some of the massive robot's protective armor- It gets dinged up surprisingly much, and with a couple more hits might fail completely...

Hopper bot meanwhile, is left sparking from the continued blows, some of his "scientist coat" blasted away to reveal the metallic structure behind it.

"Hmph... You've done quite a number on my favorite body. Oh well-"
the porygon speaks, flicking it's fingers as a wi-fi symbol appears on the slightly cracked screen... And soon seems to deactivate as the screen goes black, and the robot hunches over slightly.

The left head is next to attack- Turning to the nearby Alex and Numa, and unleashing a wave of sludge against them- Dealing 44(34) damage against Alex, as Numa takes her own fair share of the damage...

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(25)
Pyre(22/18)
Middle head(20)
zoroark 1(20) lightly injured
zoroark 2(20) lightly injured
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) 41/77
Adrian(16/14)
Jackie(15) 13/67
Numa(15) heavily injured
5 Hoppip-bots(15) #1,2,3 KO , #4 injured
Bjorn(14) 34/52
Tank(14/10) recalled
Luna(12) lightly injured
3 voltorb bots(11) #1 KO #2 levitating (3 turns remaining) #3 injured
Bellatrix(chansey)(11) injured
Haley(10) 50/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) lightly injured
Alex(6) 17/67
Hopper-bot(5/7) KO..?
Left head(5)
Willow(4) recalled
Dusk(3)
High-powered fan pad(S)
Volt-proofed tail(S)
Heatproofed wings(S)
Heavy-Duty plated armor(S) injured

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:12 am

"You attacked us first and now you are threatning to kill us.

You secondhandily said your employer is dangerous, and I heard that he would silence you if you brought this ship up to them. Your employer will probably use this ship for evil but because you make so much money you are willing to turn a blind eye to it even though it's not worth it. Jackie, you need to destroy the Hopper bot and the Jumpliff bot, try not to hit Tex, we want to interrigate him, not him being dead. even though they would probably wouldnt care if we did, probably put it as collateral or some shit."

Jackie Swift crit pot [1d20] = 18 [2d6+32] = 5+32 = 37

EDIT: If Jackie is Koed then Haley will release Cushion AND big bird. She will release Cushion 4 m away and have her use leech seed on Right head and move 4 m away from it. (Using the Ac from swift)

Haley pulls out her bag of spores and throws them at the ....it doesn't matter it misses anyways. She then sends out Cushion 6 m away from the giant bot. Stun spore [1d20] = 6

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Koa

Koa mostly mutters to himself while he pockets the items... Before freezing on the spot, first, before amicably turning around to meet the familiar face.

"Hey Fatale! I guess I did alright making this 'Drink of the Dead' thing, yeah? Was it supposed to be like an anesthetic, or a health drink, or something?"

"Hmm... Given that you're still standing on two feet, I'd be more inclined to say it's a failure..." she says, first coldly and dead serious, but soon snickers with a grin.

"Nah, seems you did alright. Guessing you're no chemist though, huh? Probably wouldn't have drunk it if you were... Don't worry though, it's safe." she says, seeming to wink... Which Koa notices besides the darkness as her eyes seem to shed a light glow. Speaking of which- Did she walk here without a flashlight..?

"What're you doing here, by the way? Is your job to sneak up on me?"

"Nah. I'm just bored. Obviously I can't help you in the maze, but I'm sure there's... Other ways we can have fun..."

Izzy

Izzy almost instinctually replies, but manages to keep quiet as she realizes she probably not ought to give away her position... Continuing to search- She actually seems to be doing a good job of keeping herself hidden, the girl not seeming able to track her down with noise alone... But she seems to be having trouble finding this last piece of the puzzle in the maze, too- Her intuition only going so far, and some luck still being required to find the proper way too... Which leads to some tense moments as the girl has seemed to adapt her own strategies- Having gone completely silent, leaving Izzy absolutely clueless as to where she might be... Well, until she comes in range of her wind, that is. At the same time, that's going to give away to the girl that she's pretty close, too...

So in these tense moments, with either party seeming to miss each other, it's actually not this other mirror piece that Izzy finds first- Instead, she finds another door... It's open currently, but it seems like it can be locked from the other side- Maybe she could just leave the girl behind her..?

Phoenix

There are an initial odd couple looks as Phoenix strolls out on the balcony... But it doesn't take too long for people's attention to wander back to seemingly more important tasks- And after a couple minutes, it seems as if no one's paying attention to him anymore...

Drake

"Sounds like the best plan in this maze, I guess I'll see you around at the gym battle."

"Hah- See you next time you look in the mirror, buddy..."

With that, Drake decides he's officially had enough of this maze- Finding his way back to that vending machine, ignoring all the spiders on his way, and tossing in a candle as the thief tm clunks out in return- And with that, he's headed to the exit as he's ambushed by yet another monster- Swinging open the door and leaving.

He's met with a final hallway, lights slowly brightening as he goes through, his eyes once again slightly painfully becoming accustomed to regular levels... And he hears some voices just before he opens the final door.

"...Just worried, Jack."

"Margaret was set to have such a bright future, and then she just disappeared... We all know it happens, but-"

The voices stop as Drake pushes open the door, coming face to face with the source- Jack sitting across an older lady and gentlemen, seemingly listening intently to what they had to say prior to his entry... The woman was rather small, and a bit "well-set", but was otherwise neatly dressed in a nicely form-fitting light-pink vest, a white shirt beneath. While carrying the appearance of someone that is clearly of older age, she somehow yet managed to carry with her a certain spark of youth... And it was good she was the one sitting closest to Drake, or he probably wouldn't even have noticed her had she swapped places with the other guest- A giant of a man, legs sticking awkwardly under the table and sitting a good head over even Jack, the man must be nearing at least 7 feet tall... Dressed in an old, if well-kept beige suit, sporting a thick, heavy grey beard, but otherwise bald- Their visage turning to Drake as he exits.

"Ah, you already completed it? Good, good. Hope it wasn't too hard. You can leave that flashlight, button, and any idols you collected here- Your stuff and pokemon are over in the next room... Feel free to collect them, and I will be ready for our battle once I've finished our chat."

"It won't be too long- I believe we've already went over everything we can go over, really..."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:16 pm

"Hmm... Given that you're still standing on two feet, I'd be more inclined to say it's a failure..."

"Eheh, umm..." Koa started, not sure how to take her joke. He changes the subject instead. "Have your eyes always glowed like that? Can you see in the dark or something?"

"Nah. I'm just bored. Obviously I can't help you in the maze, but I'm sure there's... Other ways we can have fun..."

"What do you- oh! U-um, uh... I mean... w-wouldn't you get in trouble for that?" The question had thrown Koa for a bit of a loop, the reddening of his face hidden by the darkness (or maybe not, judging from those eyes?). Still, he couldn't help but have his suspicions. Fatale had said that she had to get back to her job when Koa had talked to her last, so that must mean her job was to do something in this maze, right? Was she up to something or was this... genuine? How was Koa supposed to feel if it was?

Intuition on Fatale in gym maze: 5d6+4 = [4, 3, 3, 2, 1] = 17
Intuition on Fatale - Call to Adventure1d6 = [5] = 5
(22 total)
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:53 pm

Phoenix does his best to wait till nobody is looking, and then slowly slips over the balcony, everything quickly out of sight except for his fingers. For a second he wishes he had released Dracula or Winger, (or both), but too late now. If he can find finger and toeholds in the wall next to him, he uses them. If not, he prepares to drop down.

Stealth=17
Acrobatics=16
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:27 am

"Your client is certainly a representative, rather than one of the ring leaders, but I'm almost certain they're working for the godslayers. Either that or one of their supporters."

Alex grunts as he's hit by the wave of sludge, taking a moment to catch his balance as he points at the large 'bot again, Adrian firing another Water Pulse at the Armour, with Alex following up and hitting the voltorb with a second Force Palm. If any damaging attacks target Alex, he'll trigger Detect on it. Preferably in a cool but bumbling way, like stumbling to one side while making it look like a side-step.

Water Pulse (Heavy-Duty Plated Armour): AC=20, Damage = 34
Crit damage (2d8+10) = 19
Total: 53 + Confusion (I imagine that part may not matter, since the armour doesn't act, but if it turns out Hopper can possess the entire 'bot and status effects don't I'll be calling bull).

Force Palm (Voltorb Bot): AC=13, Damage = 29
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 am

Pyre wings to the right (between Adrian and Jackie) and launches embers at the voltorb alongside Haley.
Ember (AC = 5; Damage = 27)

Bjorn meanwhile, presses the heels of his hands together, releasing a ball of powder snow that smashes into the voltorb, hitting the robot and hopefully the hoppip behind it.
Powder Snow (AC= 3; Damage = 18)
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Synch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:14 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:49 am

Izzy pauses, thinking hard. The door was tempting....but she didn't want to trap herself in the wrong part of the maze. What if the mirror shard was further on, or the girl went another way and cornered her on the other side?

In the end she decides to rely on instinct, picking one at random....

Coinflip (1=door): 1

Diving through the doorway, she closes and locks it, praying she made the right choice. Not that she wants to hang around and find out. Moving on, she starts wandering down corridors seemingly at random - paying more attention to searching and staying quiet than keeping track of her whereabouts.

Stealth: 12
Intuition: 11
Perception: 19

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:57 pm

"It's quite alright dear, go ahead and take it... Exit's not that far from here- You probably shouldn't stick around too much longer, hmm, hmm..."
Thank you, thank you so much... Irene says looking at the ceiling. It's good to know the exit's near by, but the more I do here the better it will be for my friends, I am scared,
barely holding it together, but to make things harder on them just because I'm afraid... that would just be cowardice, and would I really be a friend to them?
Irene replies focusing on the webs taking extra time to not disturb them, but despite her brave words it's clear that all of the climbing, running, and fear have caught up as her legs start visably shaking, even giving out on occasion.

Irene acrobatics [3d6] = 6

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Drake simply nods, leaving the stuff there and goes to collect his own stuff. He briefly checks the league trainer app on his pokedex for anything concerning a Margaret. (Either a job concerning her or an user if that is even possible)

When he gets back, he waits for Jack to be alone if he isn't already.

"Hey.. Not to pry, well maybe a little, but was Margaret last seen in the maze or where did she go missing?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:53 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The massive robot is first to act once again... It acting a bit unexpectedly as it's first action is to stomp down next to it- Hitting Alex and the voltorb bot as it pushes them out of the way, advancing a bit further... Alex taking 24(14) damage, as the left head fires some kind of... Signal beam towards Numa, who's not looking like she'd be conscious after another hit- Which makes it a good thing it misses.

The middle head though, seems to have as little attention to any potential friendly casualties as the bulk of the body does... Discharging as it hits Bjorn, Alex and Numa! As well as the voltorb and hoppip bot, but the former seems to absorb the shock only to boost itself, and the shock isn't powerful enough to knock out the latter... As everyone takes 23 damage in the blast- Which results to 13 for Alex knocking him out, and 14 for Bjorn.

Pyre meanwhile burns the voltorb next to Haley- It seems super effective, but being so far uninjured it's not enough to knock it out...

The zoroark are looking to help with that, though, helping clear house- One dashing up to the hoppip on the far left and knocking it out, while the other one goes to help knock out the one harassing Haley- Knocking out both!

Adrian meanwhile fires another water pulse at the heavy plating, doing loads of damage- It seems to be hanging on with literally only a couple screws left..!

Jackie fires off a swift, hitting both the juffplum and hopper-bot... It's hard to say, but given with how it's knocked over with screen cracked, you're pretty sure the latter is now "KO'd"- The juffplum bot only takes some damage...

"Zoro! Zorua!" the little zorua yells angrily, crashing straight into the right head- Dealing some damage.

Then the one remaining hoppip bot gets to act- Seeming intent on finishing off the surprisingly hard hitting Numa, another gun firing- Finishing off Numa..!

...Or it would, at least- Weren't it for that just before the strike hits, she's caugh in all too familiar glow, doubling in height as her new form is revealed... Still holding that red collar like before, but in addition her hair seems to be white for the largest part, darkening at the tips.

"...Really?! I spent a whole fucking year trying to evolve, and it's a fucking stupid little pebble attack that did it?!" she says, before letting out a grin.

"Oh well- Time to see what I can pull off now..."

Bjorn tries to freeze both bot and hoppip, but only manages to hit two parts of the bot- Which happens to be the left head and wings, both which take a little bit of damage.

The voltorb bot, finding itself surrounded from all sides, also discharges- Hitting Alex, Bjorn and Luna's chansey, as well as the massive robot... Although the latter just charges itself up using the hit instead. Bjorn and the chansey manage to dodge the attack, but Alex takes 17(7) damage while he's down.

Luna and Bellatrix meanwhile rush out as healing squad- Luna backing up to behind Bjorn, and a gentle touch washing over him as he's restored 30 HP- As Bellatrix meanwhile forces raw egg down Alex's throat, which causes him to wake up sputtering, as he too recovers 30 HP.

"Alright, try not to get hit again dearies... Bellatrix is all out, and I've only got a little bit left in me!"

"You attacked us first and now you are threatning to kill us.

You secondhandily said your employer is dangerous, and I heard that he would silence you if you brought this ship up to them. Your employer will probably use this ship for evil but because you make so much money you are willing to turn a blind eye to it even though it's not worth it."

"To be fair, you had only just vaguely veiled a threat against my own master's health as well. And my master is simply a man often burned in the past- I consider the scenarios he proposed improbable." the jumpluff bot announces.

Jumpluff bot meanwhile decides "no fun allowed" for Numa to test out her new body- Another shot managing to knock it out.

Alex, back awake, gets some revenge on the bot that hurt him- Still not down, though...

"Your client is certainly a representative, rather than one of the ring leaders, but I'm almost certain they're working for the godslayers. Either that or one of their supporters."

"I see. I'm afraid I can not confirm or deny such query, but am surprised as to your views of them- My latest intel seems to suggest many seem to view them as the good guys, having saved Matsudo at the tournament..."

the left head fires at one of the zoroark, seeming to hope to put it in some kind of fire vortex... But misses.

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(30/25) lightly injured +1 SPD
Middle head(24/20) +1 SPD
Pyre(22/18)
Numa(21) KO
zoroark 1(20) lightly injured
zoroark 2(20) lightly injured
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) 41/77
Adrian(16/14)
Jackie(15) 13/67
5 Hoppip-bots(15) #1,2,3,4 KO
Bjorn(14) 50/52
Tank(14/10) recalled
1 voltorb bot(13/11) heavily injured +1SPD
Luna(12) lightly injured
2 voltorb bots(11) #1 KO #2 KO
Bellatrix(chansey)(11) injured
Haley(10) 50/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) injured
Alex(6) 13/60
Left head(6/5) very lightly injured +1 SPD
Hopper-bot(5/7) KO
Willow(4) recalled
Dusk(3)
Cushion(2)
High-powered fan pad(S)
Volt-proofed tail(S)
Heatproofed wings(S) very lightly injured
Heavy-Duty plated armor(S) very badly injured

Koa

"Eheh, umm... Have your eyes always glowed like that? Can you see in the dark or something?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah- I suppose you could say that... I'm special. Me and Jack, both."

"What do you- oh! U-um, uh... I mean... w-wouldn't you get in trouble for that?"

"Well, maybe usually... But you're the last participant for the day, we're not taking anyone else. So, really, we'd have over an hour all to just ourselves with no one asking questions if it'd come to that..."

"Besides, if I just stick around with you, I can just... Immediately attend to any mess you might end up making."

Koa's sweating and blushing, hoping she can't notice because of the dark... Even if that is making it pretty hard for him to figure out what her deal is, too- She sounded genuine about being "bored" at least, although what she seems to be "suggesting"... She seems to be talking in a way as if to heavily imply that, but never actually stating anything, and there's other ways what she's saying can be interpreted... Is she just trying to be "subtle", or is she just teasing him..?
► Show Spoiler
Phoenix

Phoenix waits a bit longer, and once he's pretty sure he's in the clear, quickly slips over the edge- Soon coming to regret his decision as he realizes 15 stories is a lot of stories, and he's only halfway up the tower... Far beneath him the roofs of the city super-complex, the roofs apparently redesigned to hold plants and walkways... Hopefully nobody was gonna look up at this particular location, as he wasn't gonna be spending time looking at the scenery- Hands and feet soon finding some very rough footholds, as he starts climbing his way down... And, once a couple meters down, gets a clear jump on the balcony on the floor beneath him. Not wanting to tempt fate much more, he makes the jump, landing on it- Looking inside to the room on the 14th floor, it seems like this is a bit of a small movie theater... There's no bed or anything, but a set of comfortable chairs and seats, in front of a large screen. One door seems to lead to the hallway, a guard idling there, while another door seems to lead to a bathroom... And the girl he needs to speak to is sitting on one of the chairs- Seeming more occupied with her cellphone than the movie...

Izzy

Izzy, torn between the choice, eventually decides to go through the door and lock it behind her- Hopefully trapping the girl behind her... If she can't reach her, she can never catch her, right..? That's one way to "win", one could suppose...

Once through the door, though, the maze doesn't seem to be much longer before reaching another larger room, with little splits... The room she enters has only one exit off to the right, and otherwise seems bland with the exception of a large mirror on the left side of the room... In which's reflection she suddenly comes to notice there's an little altar in the middle of the room, holding another idol- But no such altar seems to be in this room...

Irene

Thank you, thank you so much... It's good to know the exit's near by, but the more I do here the better it will be for my friends, I am scared,
barely holding it together, but to make things harder on them just because I'm afraid... that would just be cowardice, and would I really be a friend to them?

"Well, one does say that bravery can not exist without fear... But you've done plenty darling- Must have if you're holding that lantern, hmm hmm hmm..."

"Still, I'd be careful- You probably noticed not all of us in here are as forgiving as little me... If you're gonna continue, others might not be as easy. Hmm hmm hmm."

"Now, I'd rest a moment if you are really going to push on. I'd come down and make sure you're fine, but I'd probably just give you another scare. And I wouldn't want to get... Tempted. Hmm hmm..."

Irene struggles a bit getting out, but the spiders ignore her this time, after she collects her idol... She still fails to see the source of the voice in the darkness- But nothing is preventing her from continuing on...

OBTAINED THE SPINARAK IDOL

Drake

Drake checks his phone, but finds no information on Margaret... And instead raises the question with Jack later, after the two strangers had left.

"Hey.. Not to pry, well maybe a little, but was Margaret last seen in the maze or where did she go missing?"

"Hmm? No. You're not buying into the whole 'people disappear into the maze' thing, right? That's a thing some kids made up to scare the believers."

"Anyways, Margaret... You don't need to worry about it. It's Murkoff city business. She was... A nobody. And when you're a nobody in this city, usually only place you're gonna find refuge is nurse Uyum's and dean Magnus' school. But now they're worried they're not safe even there..."

"Anyways, like I said- Don't worry about it. I'm working on it."

"Now, as for the challenge... It's a regular league battle, 6 versus 6. Level 20, right? Anyways, there's one catch about the challenge... We're gonna be doing it in a darkened room."

"Not completely dark, but unless your pokemon either has darkvision or some way of making light, they're gonna have a bit of a harder time hitting things... However, you've also gotten one idol- That means you get two uses of the spotlights.
Two choices for that: first is you put them on dimmer, making it so there's enough light for any pokemon to fight properly for around three rounds of combat... And secondly, you can put them on full blast- Which will be strong enough to blind any pokemon that has darkvision given the rapid shift, but will also only last one round."

(There is a -3 AC penalty active unless the pokemon has darkvision, glow, the lights are active or light is made in some other way.)

"You got all that? If so, I'll lead you to the arena."
Jacks asks, offering some piece of headgear to Drake- Seems it's a pair of nightvision goggles..?

(You can give me the pokemon you wanna start with if you're ready to go)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Thank you, thank you so much... It's good to know the exit's near by, but the more I do here the better it will be for my friends, I am scared,

"Well, one does say that bravery can not exist without fear... But you've done plenty darling- Must have if you're holding that lantern, hmm hmm hmm..."

"Still, I'd be careful- You probably noticed not all of us in here are as forgiving as little me... If you're gonna continue, others might not be as easy. Hmm hmm hmm."

"Now, I'd rest a moment if you are really going to push on. I'd come down and make sure you're fine, but I'd probably just give you another scare. And I wouldn't want to get... Tempted. Hmm hmm..."

Honestly I just got lucky with the latern. The creature? Reacted very negativly to me blowing out a candle, and chased me down. When it grabbed an idol, I just tried to extinguish the flame. Next thing I know I'm on the floor with the latern. Irene gratfully takes the over and leans against the pedostool with the idol till her trembling stops before moving on. Thank you for the respite,
it really helps. I'll be carefull, and you be careful too alright? Some people do resort to violence first

Items on hand
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Koa has to take a deep breath at that, breathing out slowly to relax his nerves. The implication was clear, but it was noticeably just that - an implication. Koa couldn't help but be suspicious of her word choice, and Isabella had said that Fatale was the kind of person to yank peoples' chains. But what if...?

"I-I'll think about it...?" Koa manages, noncommittally. "I mean that's a heck of a thing to suggest out of the blue, yeah?"

Koa looks behind him at the open door behind the animatronic reaper, mostly to have a moment to consider, before turning back to Fatale. "I don't suppose you have a place picked out already? You probably know this maze like the back of your hand, but... well, I guess you said you can't help me around, right? So how about we head through that door, and, I dunno, you say if I'm getting warmer or colder? I'll think about it on the way."

If Fatale's cool with that, Koa goes ahead and leads the way! He half expects her to lead him to some sort-of spooky trap to mess with him, but he'll play along for now. On the other hand, Koa had some time to think about how he'd react if she wasn't just leading him on....
Intuition and Perception in Murkoff gym w/ Fatale:
5d6+4 = [6, 5, 3, 3, 2] = 23
2d6 = [6, 1] = 7

"You mind if I ask what's up with you and Jack? Did he, like, adopt you or something?" Koa asks to pass the time.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:17 pm

"No, I did not. Or, I was not trying to. I don't want him dead any more than you do. I...am not the most personable person. All I was trying to do was warn you of the dangers out of my control."
"Luna, I got some healing items on me, use them on the ones knocked out."

Conditions:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:50 pm

So, Detect didn't happen? Alex is going to try to move around behind the hydreigon bot so he's not in the middle of AOE Alley, sending out Slippy to the right of his current position, and Detect if he gets attacked.

Adrian will, again, Water Pulse the armour.

"Hah. Oh yes, everyone thinks that, don't they? Unfortunately, somebody very powerful ordered me not to tell anyone what I saw at that particular event, and I'd be a fool to go against that order. If it's you, maybe you can dig up the truth of the matter. But I believe it doesn't go against the order to say that they are not the good guys."

Water Pulse (Armour plating): AC=8, Damage = 30
Last edited by Dlover on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:54 pm

Phoenix does his best to slowly open the door and sneak in, heading to the bathroom. If he can somehow get her attention without alerting the guard, he will do so.

Stealth=23

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:41 am

"Hmm? No. You're not buying into the whole 'people disappear into the maze' thing, right? That's a thing some kids made up to scare the believers."

"Did get a warning about it right as I entered, but didn't really see anything to warrant it in the maze, maybe except the spinaraks. Couldn't hurt to ask."

"Anyways, Margaret... You don't need to worry about it. It's Murkoff city business. She was... A nobody. And when you're a nobody in this city, usually only place you're gonna find refuge is nurse Uyum's and dean Magnus' school. But now they're worried they're not safe even there..."

"Anyways, like I said- Don't worry about it. I'm working on it."

"That doesn't mean a fresh pair of eyes won't help speed up the process of finding her.."

Drake shrugs not really ready to push the issue much further than his vague offer to help. He dons his goggles as he enters the darkened room and releases Darfel.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:53 am

...huh. Was this what she needed those mirror fragments for? Or was this just a coincidence?

Moving closer, Izzy looks over the mirror carefully, searching for any gaps, broken edges....just anything suspicious really. Regardless of whether she finds something though, she then tries moving into the center of the room and reaching out to "grab" the idol - or at least the spot where it should be, according to the mirror. She uses her own reflection to help with that, positioning herself just behind the reflection-altar.

Perception: 21

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Irene

"Honestly I just got lucky with the latern. The creature? Reacted very negativly to me blowing out a candle, and chased me down. When it grabbed an idol, I just tried to extinguish the flame. Next thing I know I'm on the floor with the latern."

"Oh, yes... Lanternhead really doesn't like to have his fire messed with. Hmm, hmm."

"Thank you for the respite, it really helps. I'll be careful, and you be careful too alright? Some people do resort to violence first."

"Ha ha ha- Oh, darling... I'm the last one to be worried about someone trying to use violence against little me. Hmm hmm."

Given that Irene has no further issues or questions, she soon progresses onwards again... And indeed finds the voice to not have been lying, as she comes to a junction rather quickly, passageway leading left, right, and straight ahead... To her right, the soft glow of an "Exit" sign, while both left and forward curve out of sight, not immediately revealing their secrets...

Koa

Koa calms himself, remembering that Fatale was apparently the kind of girl to "yank people's chains", and it was sounding like she was just implying things... But still- Got to keep the option open just in case, right?

"I-I'll think about it...? I mean that's a heck of a thing to suggest out of the blue, yeah?"

"Why, you don't sound very enthusiastic about it... Don't you think it'll be fun?"

"I don't suppose you have a place picked out already? You probably know this maze like the back of your hand, but... well, I guess you said you can't help me around, right? So how about we head through that door, and, I dunno, you say if I'm getting warmer or colder? I'll think about it on the way."

"Why, say, you need a specific spot..? Picky one, aren't we? I figured we'd just plunk down on the floor at any comfortable enough looking spot..." Fatale says, leaning forward a bit as her lips still seem curled in a little smirk- One betraying that regardless of whether she's just leading him on or not, that she's enjoying his being flustered just a bit too much.

"But sure- I think I have a good spot in mind for us to... Relax for a little bit. I'm sure I can give you the occasional little nudge to get you in the right direction..."

And with that, they're off- Fatale following right behind Koa, whenever he glances backwards finding the soft glow of her eyes staring intently at him... The only other giveaway of her presence when she occasionally remarks on his progress towards the goal, even if she's being rather irregular on it... Eventually Koa just dropping a question to ease the tension a bit, and pass the time.

"You mind if I ask what's up with you and Jack? Did he, like, adopt you or something?"

"Not at all... I suppose that's a fair way to call it? Me and Jack... Basically met up when we were both still youngsters, he was just starting his whole pokemon journey thing, and I ended up joining him. Been through a lot of adventures since then, which honestly would take over a day to recount, and eventually ended up here... Suppose saying he pretty much adopted me is fair enough. Personally I think I'd rather call it like... Partners in crime? Figurative crime, not literal. Mostly."

"Why do you ask? You're not worried about what he might end up doing, aren't you?"
she says the last part with a rather particular inflection...

Fatale seems to be suggesting they're already getting pretty close to where he's trying to lead them to, given how she's occasionally remarking how it's "getting hot in here"- No undertones there, either... But he finds something else down a corridor, first- An otherwise bland end holding a lever for... Something.

"So what do you think, Koa? You going to pull mystery levers in this place..?" Fatale smiles- Already betraying she's not going to be hinting to whether or not he should try and pull it or not...

Phoenix

Phoenix undoes the door latch with little issue, the thing clearly never intended to keep people out- Who'd try to break in on the 14th floor anyways..? And then, silently sliding it open and going behind the couches, manages to make it into the bathroom unnoticed... Where he tries to catch the girl's attention, once again succeeding- As she screams at noticing the sudden intruder.

As the guards footsteps march over, though, she manages to recollect herself and seemingly recognize Phoenix, as she turns to the side: "And what's your problem? It's a scary movie! Am I not allowed to be scared?!"

"Actually, how about you just make yourself useful"- The girl continues, the only thing the guard can get in between being some stammering as the girl continues relentlessly: "My drink got warm like ten minutes ago, it's pretty much undrinkable now- Go back down to the cafetaria and get me another strawberry daiquiri. With fresh ingredients, alright? I can taste the difference with the fabricated shit."

"Miss Warner, I'm not supposed to-"

"Oh what the hell Tommy, what's going to happen? You can either go get it, or call reception and listen to me whine until they finally get here."

There's an audible sigh, and an eventual click of the door as the girl let's out a silent sigh herself.

"Okay... Alright, color me slightly impressed."

"Now... With you here, I might actually have a plan that could work. You ready to listen? We'll need you to get out before Tommy comes back."

Drake

"Did get a warning about it right as I entered, but didn't really see anything to warrant it in the maze, maybe except the spinaraks. Couldn't hurt to ask."

"Yeah, we keep those well fed, and most of them are owned... They should never attack anyone. Did have one guy who attacked them once which is a different story, but he was fine once we cut him out of all the webbing they put him in."

"That doesn't mean a fresh pair of eyes won't help speed up the process of finding her.."

"Sadly, I'm afraid things are really not as simple as they seem. If you're adamant about it, though... We can discuss it in more depths after our battle."

As Drake sends out Darfel, the first pokemon Jack sends out is a sandile... Which he immediately switches out for a houndour.

Flash uses remaining: 2

sandile(18/15) recalled
houndour(15)
Darfel(2)
► Show Spoiler
Izzy

Izzy wonders if this has something to do with the mirror fragment she found earlier, moving closer to the mirror at first as she investigates, looking for cracks or something else odd... And does find them- While on first look the mirror is perfectly flush with the walls, with the way it's installed it's impossible to not have some flaws at the top and bottom... From which she can tell there's a small space behind the "mirror"- Where she can feel a multitude of several cables.

With that little bit of revelation out of the way, she goes over to position herself near the middle of the room, where the idol would be- Trying to have her illusion grab it, slowly reaching down... And becoming rather startled when suddenly, her "reflection" decides it doesn't feel like picking up the idol- Hand suddenly retracting.

"Hmm... You know, being the big cheaters we are, this probably isn't as effective as it is usually... And given our usual characteristics, were probably just gonna walk away from this game as well, huh?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Great all I need to do is back track to here... let's see Irene pauses counts the idols she's collected "and including the one that was stolen, and the one I couldn't reach that's 5 idols I've seen... Are the idols task specific? If so then there's probably six" Irene muses to herself if they follow the same rules as the league carry limit. Looking at the welcoming exit sign she sighs and walks straight ahead to what she hopefully thought would be the last idol.

Irene occult edu [4d6] = 12 Irene perception [2d6] = 8 Intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 11 Irene perception [2d6] = 7 Intuition [2d6] = 6
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 18 Irene perception [2d6] = 8 Intuition [2d6] = 7

if nothing else the runes on the wall are fairly easy for her to understand

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:23 pm

"Why, you don't sound very enthusiastic about it... Don't you think it'll be fun?"

"Heh, I'm sure it would be, it's just I was raised to 'wait for the right person', and uh... I-I mean I'm not saying you're not! Or you are, or-," Koa catches himself, taking another deep breath to steady himself. "What I mean is... I dunno what to think about a 'once-and-done' kinda deal, yeah?"

"I wouldn't wanna try it in a graveyard, I know that at least," Koa says, responding to Fatale's further suggestion.

Then the pair head deeper into the maze, and Fatale reveals a little bit about her and Jack's working relationship. Apparently they're around the same age? How old were they? Either Jack's younger than he seems or Fatale's older.

"Why do you ask? You're not worried about what he might end up doing, aren't you?"

"No, I figure he's used to you having your fun by now, yeah? But now that you mention it... would he get mad if I take too long in here? In case we...?"

Shortly after that is the small hallway with a lever at the end.

"So what do you think, Koa? You going to pull mystery levers in this place..?"

"Well the last time I touched something in a weird place, I got punched by a statue, so I think I'll take a look first."

And look Koa does, shining his flashlight on and around the lever. He runs his hands along the wall around it, trying to see if there might be some kind of wire or cable or something? Assuming those wouldn't be behind the wall itself, that is.
Intuition (or Perception) to investigate lever:
5d6+4 = [5, 3, 2, 1, 1] = 16
2d6 = [6, 5] = 11

► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Phoenix just looks at her. "I'm listening..."

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:53 am

Bjorn socks the Voltorb next to him with an Ice Punch, moving backward if he takes it down to spread out from the others.
Ice Punch (AC = 11; Dam = 24)

Meanwhile, Pyre swoops down and flames the right head of the giant robot.
Ember (AC = 14; Dam = 29) Super effective!
► Show Spoiler