PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Izzy, (Drake), Koa, (Bjorn), (Irene)

"What's keeping him here anyway? Some kinda magic-something? Can't we break that and let him loose?"

"That's what we'd need the help of a god for... Charon's a... Spiritomb, if you've ever seen one of them before? Anyways, it's a spectral being tied to a piece of rock... But in this case, it's tied to the walls of the room you're in. Well, again, in the physical world- And we'd need the help of one of them to move him into something more fitting. Trying to brute force that is... Probably not going to work as intended."

"...My plan was to, once I got free, contact one of the gods. I should have means to do so, but... I don't know. I think things got more complicated than I'd anticipated... The gods haven't returned yet, have they?"

That thing's a spellbook?! Aw, cool! C'mon, show her, man!" Koa calls out excitedly, no longer caring about keeping it a secret- As Drake goes searching through his backpack for it, the priestess seeming hit by surprise.

"You got it? Nice!"

"...The trap didn't hurt you guys, right? It was always such a cheesy stupid thing. Quite effect to stop people from trying to tamper with it though..."

"You said it has a teleport? Can we use that to get out of here?"

"Well... One of you could use it to get out of here. Which could perhaps be useful..?"

"But yes, it's a spell-book! The spells in it currently are fueled by the construct in this temple. And I'm guessing you don't know how it works, so allow me to explain..."

"Redditum Fae... It's a two part spell- The first part will bring you back to the entrance of this temple- The second part, if cast within one hour, will take you back to where you first cast the spell. To cast the spell you only have to recite the words while holding the book open- Erm... Multi-part spells are cast backwards. Like you would start with Fae and... Know what, I'm sure you'll figure it out- The spell won't work if you don't do it correctly, anyways."

"Ira is... A big boom. Utter the word and point where you want to strike. It should deal some damage over a large area."

"Oh, the spells aren't free to use, though. When used the book essentially summons more unown to cast the actual spell- But it takes a week before they can do that again, so... Choose wisely when you want to use it, okay?"

"Or... what about Charon? Can he use it to get out of here?"

"That's... Actually something I really haven't thought about." Luna says, clearly taken aback a bit by the sudden suggestion, but also clearly intrigued, contemplating the suggestion with a wry smile.

"That's like... Putting one kind of magic in the other, you know? That's not supposed to happen... I think it would be like a tug of war- With one side coming out on top..."

"I... Honestly have no clue what the effect would be. But maybe, if nothing else works, it might be a chance we can take?"

"Oh, yeah, Okeer's still around. His ghosty church showed up a couple of years ago. Anyway, he wanted me to ask you...what happened with that deal thing you guys made? Apparently you took his 'wish' or something, and he really wants to know what your plan was."

Luna pauses. For a brief moment her gaze turns downwards, as if averting her eyes in shame, her wings subconsciously going to her sides as if to cover them. She briefly glances up at Mulliver- The man having set himself down a good bit away from the trainers. She lets out a small sigh, before answering.

"Well... I already told you, didn't I? I'm going to live again? That's what I can use that 'wish' for... I can't just will my soul to return after all- Even if my body is ready to receive it thanks the staff's magic, an incredible amount of power is required... But that wish comes from an entity with the power to do just that. It's... Not a god. It's hard to explain."

She seems to pause, seemingly considering something as Izzy chimes in on something she said- "And I agree. Being able to fly is pretty awesome."

Luna stares with wide eyes as Izzy demonstrates her own abilities, clearly amazed despite her own, smiling broadly.

"Haha, you can fly?! That is awesome!"

"Heh... That's probably going to be the one thing I miss."

"...You know, your... Appearance in this place. It's based on a mix of both how you view yourself and how others view you. I'm not sure if I'd consider myself an angel... But it's flattering to say the least!"

"Mulliver... The reason he still looks like that is because he's still not sure whether he can forgive himself."

"...Anyways, my plan was... I was going to live again, and then get a god's help- Get out Charon, bring him to the church of the damned, and through doing that, release the others in here- Mulliver, Marquise... Maybe even Isaac. That'd be a happy ending, right..?"

"But... This is a whole complicated issue, but the fact that Okeer is still around... He shouldn't be. He should have been replaced decades ago. And if he's still there. That means even if I did get Charon free, and did get him delivered... They'd still be stuck. In a place better than this... But still stuck."

"And that's assuming I even manage to get Diancie to listen to me in the first place... I don't think she would abandon me- But this whole mess with the godslayers you mentioned... Maybe it's just not possible."

Luna falls silent for a while, face dropping into a sad grimace, her wings drooping low. She eventually seems to perk herself up a bit- If only for the trainer's sake.

"Honestly, there is so much to say, and I'm not sure if we have the time for it. But I guess it's up to you- If you have questions about this process with the church, that wish and the entity, anything really... Ask. Otherwise, I think it's best we consider what sounds like the best choice for getting you out this place."

James

"sins in what way? You never told me anything to justify your reasoning. You even said that she had not harmed a fly. Charon, you do not blame me for others actions but you blame others to justify yours. This line of thinking will only make things worse for all."

"... YOU DO NOT NEED TO ACTIVELY HARM SOMEONE TO CHOOSE SOMETHING THAT'D HURT THEM."

"SOMETIMES... CHOOSING TO DO NOTHING CAN HURT AS WELL."

James denies Charles offer of escape- The little ghost seeming to whimper slightly as James calls out-
"Wait wait wait. Before you two start arguing I very much wish for Charon to finish speaking. Seemed really important, now is not the time to fight, just wait until Charon finishes.""

"Ya crazy kid?! This guy wants you dead!" she yells out, finally putting actions behind her words- The blunderbuss trained on the spirit... As she pulls the trigger.

And the blunderbuss blasts out a stream of lead... Which does absolutely nothing to the entity.

"...AS WE HAD ALREADY ESTABLISHED. YOU CANNOT HURT ME."

"BUT THIS WHOLE ISSUE IS NEEDLESS ANYWAYS."

"CHILD."
the ghost says, turning back to James, opting to ignore Marquise while spending more time on James... And his ghost.

"...CHILD. IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW THIS: NOT ALL STORIES HAVE A HAPPY ENDING."

"THIS, TOO, WILL BE ONE OF THEM."

"I WANT YOU TO KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN I TELL YOU THIS NEXT THING."

"YOU ARE NOT DEAD."

"ALTHOUGH YOU'RE CLOSE."

"I COULD HAVE DONE IT. BUT YOU'RE RIGHT. WOULD IT MAKE ME ANY BETTER THAN HIM? NO."

"...STILL, I DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE. AND WHILE MOST WOULD SCRUTINIZE YOUR ACTIONS AS MERE STUPIDITY. AND PERHAPS THEY'D BE RIGHT... THERE'S NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE WORLD, WILLING TO ACT STUPID IF IT MEANS GIVING SOMEONE ELSE A SECOND CHANCE."

On that note, James suddenly hears a loud, swinging noise from behind him- Turning to look over his shoulder and seeing the door they came through... Opened once more.

"GO."

"JUST LEAVE. AND DON'T COME BACK."

"IF YOU DO... OR IF YOU DON'T LEAVE TO GO BACK TO YOUR FRIENDS."

"KNOW THAT NEXT TIME, I WILL NOT HOLD BACK."

With that, Charon seems to have said all he's willing to say- The shadowy entity "collapsing" on the floor into nothing- Disappearing as the door lingers behind James.

"....Eeeeeeh, it's probably a trick."

"No... I don't think so master."

"Well... in that case, hurry up already! Before the bastard changes his mind!" the girl yells a few meters across where Charon previously stood- As James contemplates his options...

Alex, (Phoenix)

"I have heard rumours of a necromancer living in this region, and of some thing which indicate your king may be the necromancer. As such, I have come hoping to ask advice on a matter which I believe only one with great knowledge of death would be able to provide."

"Hmm... That would be... Azzeptable. Depending on the queztionz you have, our benevolent king may be willing to answer zome of ze queztionz you have. Expect no thorough advize or zervize for the goodz you haz provided, however."

"Zo. If zee are ready, you may follow me."
the strange gel bal broadcasts- Moving part of the barricade aside with it's telekinesis, as the weasel moves the other part by brute force- Allowing the trainers passage as the pokemon leads the way.

"...I didn't even know telepathy could have accents." Alice whispers quietly to the others- As a "Oh, it iz moztly for zhow." is broadcast back through the group, having Alice quickly shut up with a small "eep."

Roll perception.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:56 pm

Alex follows quietly.
Perception: 3.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:31 am

Disappointed by the lack of enthusiasm for the offering, Phoenix follows behind. Both he and Spot pay close attention.

Phoenix Per=10
Spot Per=12
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:16 am

"Before I go, Charon....if we do not find a way for you to escape, then know this: just because you are stuck here does not mean it must be your prison. Instead of killing someone, use what you have to the best of your abilities. You can create nearly anything in here, I suggesting making something of your own. Find yourself a hobby while in here. It is not the best outcome, but you can make your own happy ending if you are willing to make this a better place.

....Also, this just occurred to me, maybe instead of trying to kill us you can show us where the seal is in here and we can work together. Many with little power maybe better than one with a lot of power.

...If we cannot find a way to set you free then I want you to have this."
James summons a gift box and is ready to leave. "and charon, thanks." He heads out of the door.

If charon opens the box now, he sees some motivational posters and a book that lists potential hobbies.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:04 am

"Honestly, there is so much to say, and I'm not sure if we have the time for it. But I guess it's up to you- If you have questions about this process with the church, that wish and the entity, anything really... Ask. Otherwise, I think it's best we consider what sounds like the best choice for getting you out this place."

"Yeah like I said, we're gonna have a lot of questions for you, but I think we should work on getting out of here, first."

"I don't think any of us are cool with, you know... killing this Charon guy. He kinda just sounds like he got left here on accident, yeah? He's just in a bad spot and wants out, I think. I dunno why he needs to keep us here for that, but...," Koa trails off, scratching his head at not having an answer for that one.

"But that Isaac guy is... dead? Then he's not gonna be happy with us trying to do anything with Charon - he's the only one keeping that crazy guy around. He'll probably try to stop anything we do, so I think we should deal with him first. I mean, I don't really know how. We only managed to escape last time we saw him, and the guy wasn't even around anymore. He just made these huge thorny bushes attack us, and then he left. It'd have been worse if he was there, yeah? How do you fight that? How do we stop a guy that can do anything?" Koa looks to Luna, half-hoping for an answer.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:47 am

Alex, Phoenix

Silently, the trainers follow the duosion, as he leads them upwards through the tunnels... Eventually, they notice light breaking through- Are they nearing the surface?

Truth be told, it's hard to say what the trainers were expecting. But it probably wasn't this...

The tunnel opens up, into an absolutely massive, mostly flat room... A vaguely cylindrical shape, partly seeming to be "constructed", if crudely by pokemon hands... And it would not be far from the true to say this "hall" was crowded with pokemon.

Just on first glance, the situation would confuse the trainers- As they see both hunter and hunted in this hall, seemingly completely ignoring each other... Most pokemon seem as they belong in the caves, although there's a few outcasts as well. On closer inspection, it appears that the pokemon in question seem to be carrying stuff... Most food- Others what appear to be keepsakes. Are they... Trading?

The alcoves in the wall seem to confirm that thought at least- Many of these hewnings in the wall seeming to contain groups of pokemon "working together"- Trading certain kind of foods for others, items for food, herbs for food, and the other way around... A few of the stalls seem like they could contain useful stuff for the trainers, Phoenix managing to pick a few that collect items- A big blue bird sitting over it's prize with it's cohorts, almost begrudingly trading some of it's prizes for appropiate offerings of food... And a... Somehow a bit familiar looking brown, alien-like creature? Well, assuming they had anything that would interest the pokemon in here.

But while this alone would probably have been enough to stun the trainers, the definite eye-catcher lied across the room. The room ends at first in a sudden, steep drop- Impossible to tell from their current position, but it would be a safe bet to say it was a deep, deep ravine... Behind it however, it appears a landslide in the past had opened up passage to the surface, giving source to the light in the room- A small stream of water dripping down along the opening and into the ravine, giving probable cause to what may have caused this event to happen in the first place... But the eye-catcher was what this event had taken with it. It was clear that it had not happened without it's damages... But even so, the trainers were looking at the clear outlines of what at least once used to be a castle.

When this slide happened, it appeared the foundations of the large structure got "stuck" on the other side of the ravine- Preventing it from collapsing completely into the abyss below, as well as effectively making a "bridge" across both sides.

Although miracously enough most of the front structure was left untarnished, it was clear that the whole structure had sloped backwards slightly due to the slide- And the tooth of time shows it's presence as well, vines growing along, and on occasion through the wall... Then again, perhaps it was this extra structure that allowed it to survive- Even if the latter half of the castle appears to have been buried in the old landslide.

The trainers let the scene sink in for a moment, the duosion seemingly used to this as he waits a little while before "speaking" again. The only one who even manages to act slightly being Alice- And that's to pull up her camera and take a picture of the scene.

"Welcome to our little plaza... Az you have paid the entranze fee, you are allowed to make uze of diz plaze az you pleeze. Pay in mind that thiz plaze iz conzidered a... Neutral ground. Any hoztile actionz will be punizhed gravely."

"Anyway... If zee wishes to zpeak to our benevolent king- Creator of thiz plaze... I would urge zee to vizite the caztle. If you are lucky, he may wish to receive you for an audienze."

James

James speaks out to Charon... But if he's listening, he's not responding. So instead, James just decides to take him up on his offer- Thanking him, as he exits through the door... And back out into the real world.

No moment he sets foot back in the real world, or the sudden snap back to reality sets in- As James almost keels over in sudden pain as only now it seemed to become clear the extent of injury that happened... As behind him, the door slams shut of it's own accord- Leaving both James and Charles free in the outside world.

Koa

"Yeah like I said, we're gonna have a lot of questions for you, but I think we should work on getting out of here, first."

"Yes. Fair enough."

"I don't think any of us are cool with, you know... killing this Charon guy. He kinda just sounds like he got left here on accident, yeah? He's just in a bad spot and wants out, I think. I dunno why he needs to keep us here for that, but...,"

"Yeah... You're right. It should only be our last resort. As to why..? Well... He has told me that he has tried breaking the seals himself- He's managed to break some he claims, but lacks the power to break the others... Maybe he's hoping that with more power... Or more souls, in this case- He could do that?"

"But that's just guesswork. I... Don't know why he's doing this."

"But that Isaac guy is... dead? Then he's not gonna be happy with us trying to do anything with Charon - he's the only one keeping that crazy guy around. He'll probably try to stop anything we do, so I think we should deal with him first. I mean, I don't really know how. We only managed to escape last time we saw him, and the guy wasn't even around anymore. He just made these huge thorny bushes attack us, and then he left. It'd have been worse if he was there, yeah? How do you fight that? How do we stop a guy that can do anything?"

"Well... First thing is to realize there is only so much he can make "real"- His actual power to harm is limited, although his creativity for bringing those situations to life is not. In short- Whether he attacks with an pixie or an ogre, he'll be using the same amount of force no matter how impressive he might look."

"...Which is not to say this is gonna be easy though. Not by a long shot."

"As for how we could deal with him... There's two options."

"The first one... We devise some sort of plan to lure him out of his own world, and into one of ours."
She says- Looking between herself and Mulliver

"Although I'm not sure how we'd make that work... The way the gates work, it's really hard to trick someone into going through them."

"The second one is... Ghost pokemon- And Charon by extension... They feed on bad thoughts. Anger, misery, sadness, fear... Usually they do this passively or at least non-invasive, if we leave 'hollow' or corrupted ghosts out of this... But... We only had theories, but we believe Isaac has been actively trying to feed Charon with certain memories of his. If that's the case,he needs to maintain them... And if we can barge in them and disrupt them... That could work too."

"We might be able to take you to some of these memories of his... But it probably wouldn't be long before he knows what we're trying to do. And then we'd HAVE to fight on his terrain..."

"...What do you think?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:25 am

Alex gives a slight bow to the duosion, "My thanks for your hospitality. I shall be sure to cause no trouble." With their guide's leaving, Alex pauses to watch the bizarre bazaar in wonder, then hurries toward the castle to ask an audience.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:05 am

Bjorn chimes in. "I like the idea of luring him into our world. I'd much rather an unpredictable enemy on predictable terrain, something he isn't familiar with. We need every advantage we can get.

Also, is there any way to develop power like he has, quickly? Or does it take years of practice?"
Bjorn experiments, attempting to manipulate his environment by imagining ice blue Power Ranger-type body armor around his body.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:57 am

james looks around and looks at Charles. "what the....I thought...he meant in that place....okayCharles, is that where Charon is? Or our friends? ...ow, ow ow. Rose, kale you are my fastest pokemon, find Gween and bring her here, it is urgent. Charles we need to get them out of there, find them and see what they are up to. Tell me when you made contact."" James lets out Rose and kale to find gweenn.

James in the meantime tries to think a way for all of them to get out while not moving much.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:23 am

Phoenix looks around at the items in the marketplace, trying to find any that might be of interest to him. He wants to see if there's anything he wants before he starts gathering food. If not, he will follow Alex into the castle, ready to meet the Bone Lord.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Koa had to agree with Bjorn that the first option sounded best, though that may be because Koa didn't understand a damn thing Luna was saying for the second option.

"Um... yeah, I think trying to get him out of his 'room' is better. I don't wanna mess around with ghosts or memories or... whatever you said."

"But how are we gonna do that?" Koa wonders aloud, scratching his head. "We probably can't force him through a door here, since he can kinda do anything while he's in his room, yeah? And it's probably a bad idea to go into his room at all - we might not get back out. So yeah, we'd have to trick him through the door, and that's not gonna be easy." Koa starts pacing back and forth as he ponders. "It's not like we can just open a door and say 'come get us,' there's no way he'd fall for that, because he would... realize we were up to something...?"

Koa turns to look at Luna. "He doesn't know what happened to us, yeah? He doesn't know that we kinda know how this place works now. He doesn't know that you and Mulliver are on our side. So how do we use that? How do we take advantage of him not knowing about what we know?"

"What if... what if Mulliver convinced him that he caught all of us, when we fell into his room? That Isaac guy said he wanted to play around with us for a bit, so what if Mulliver said he'd trade us to him for... I dunno, some kinda favor maybe? And Isaac would have to come get us? Would that get him through the door, do you think?" Koa glances over to wherever Mulliver went. "That might be a stretch. I dunno how well all you guys get along in here."
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:10 am

"Could we make a door appear underneath him? Just catch him off guard, because we did make a door appear in the ground earlier, well Koa did."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:31 am

Phoenix, Alex

Alex doesn't want to waste time heading for the castle, quickly accompanied by Alexander. The others are a bit more hesitant however- Pausing to take in the scenery.

"Hey, what are you guys waiting for? Let's move on!"
"What, without even checking out all this stuff? This place's wicked."
"It's amazing is what it is! I need to get some more pictures... I mean it's happened before that pokemon form little ecosystems, but this is a whole new level!"
"Erm... Wouldn't that risk destroying this place..?"
"...I'll just not mention where they can find this place. Or lie about it. One of those two."

And so the group seems to take a minor split, as one half wants to check out the "stalls" a bit more closely... Phoenix looking about for anything of interest, as he realizes that while it's certainly possible, he'd have to be a bit more specific!

In one of the alcoves, conveniently caught in a ray of sun, there seems to be a small group of vaguely humanoid, femine plant- With a green "dress" and a bright orange "head piece", their stalls hosting a multitude of berries, as well as some curled leaves containing a familiar yellow sweet and sticky liquid. Some of those berries could potentially be useful for his pokemon..?

Then there were the crows, of course, perched upon their towers of prizes- Junk, mostly- and seeming to drive a hard bargain whenever someone comes up with food and other curios to try and make a trade. However, while most of it is, in fact, junk, there are definitely some things of interest among the pile. An evolutionary stone or two, a curious keepsake or a mystery tm...

And finally, there was that weird, brown alien-like creature, with his green eyes and large head, which Phoenix somehow seemed to recognize, yet could not for the life of him put a picture on... Selling... Little plastic cups with some kind of... Goo? In them. Whatever- That's... Weird, but probably not what would interest him- More likely it were the gems and slates perched next to those. Admittedly, he has no idea what they're supposed to do or be, but they might be interesting..?

Regardless, urged on by both Alex's, the trainers eventually relent, Dave bowing out of trying to smooth talk the crows into giving him some of their stuff... As they reach for the castle. Approaching the "bridge" between the crevice below, it is the first indication of them seeing the "art" again- A small sign posted, on it drawn with the same red-orange mixture they had seen earlier... Showing a relatively crude drawing of a "man dancing" on the bridge in question- A large strike then painted through the picture.

"...So, we drawing straws on who crosses first?"
"I doubt that of all things, we'd be the ones causing it to collapse. If anything, all this sign is trying to tell us is that the one thing that might cause this thing to collapse at this point is the comedy factor."

So, rather warily, the trainers do cross... Although approaching the ancient set of doors, the trainers are taken aback by even further proof of the "bone lord's" presence... And now too, some proof of Alexander's incredulous claims. As stood dressed in shambles of what must once have been their armor, stand two skeleton knights. A dark, skeleton mist seems to settle over their form, giving them the apparent power to have risen as they have... This cloud mostly invisble, barring within the skull where it comes together in a large "ball" of sorts- Giving their eyes a purple gaze. The trainers can't help but notice how Alexander is only barely restraining himself from taking out his sword.

"Erm... Excuse me, guys? We'd like to enter?"

There is no movement from the skeletons. At least, nothing noticeable besides their slight shambling. Yet somehow a strange, bland voice seems to permeate-

"No entry."

"The master is resting."

"It's important! We got a few very important questions to ask! I think?"

"No entry."

"The master is resting."

"...I vote we smash them to pieces and fight our way in."

"I vote that's probably a bad idea." Dave chimes in, giving a half-hearted look over his shoulder to the "bazaar" behind him.

"Maybe... There's a way to sneak in? I mean most of the castle seems buried, but it's impossible that there's no other entrance we might be able to abuse, right?"

"Maybe we could... Ask around? Find out more about this bone lord? If there's another way we're allowed to enter..?"

James

"what the....I thought...he meant in that place....okay Charles, is that where Charon is? Or our friends?"
The ghost floats over, letting out a series of "lit's" and "wicks". Only after a while seeming to come to the realization that it can't "speak" anymore- As instead it just lets out a nod as if trying to say "yes".
"...ow, ow ow. Rose, kale you are my fastest pokemon, find Gween and bring her here, it is urgent. Charles we need to get them out of there, find them and see what they are up to. Tell me when you made contact."

As the two pokemon run off, Charles seems to hesitate- Floating up to the door and wondering if James wants him to go back in...

Izzy, Irene, Koa, Bjorn, Drake

"I like the idea of luring him into our world. I'd much rather an unpredictable enemy on predictable terrain, something he isn't familiar with. We need every advantage we can get."

"Also, is there any way to develop power like he has, quickly? Or does it take years of practice?"

"Well... It's more like... It comes natural to you when you're, well... Like us. So that's not really an option."

"...You can try, though. You might be able to influence some things."
Luna hopefully suggests, as Bjorn tries just that. He seems to form a... Light blue shimmer over his arms as he tries to focus. Although nothing that seems especially solid- And definitely not a suit of armor, sadly...

"Um... yeah, I think trying to get him out of his 'room' is better. I don't wanna mess around with ghosts or memories or... whatever you said."

"But how are we gonna do that? We probably can't force him through a door here, since he can kinda do anything while he's in his room, yeah? And it's probably a bad idea to go into his room at all - we might not get back out. So yeah, we'd have to trick him through the door, and that's not gonna be easy. It's not like we can just open a door and say 'come get us,' there's no way he'd fall for that, because he would... realize we were up to something...?"

"Yeah, that's gonna be the tricky part... Isaac might not have all of them on the same line, but he's not an idiot. On the other hand, he might just be cocky enough to do it anyways? I wouldn't bet on it though..."

"He doesn't know what happened to us, yeah? He doesn't know that we kinda know how this place works now. He doesn't know that you and Mulliver are on our side. So how do we use that? How do we take advantage of him not knowing about what we know?"

"What if... what if Mulliver convinced him that he caught all of us, when we fell into his room? That Isaac guy said he wanted to play around with us for a bit, so what if Mulliver said he'd trade us to him for... I dunno, some kinda favor maybe? And Isaac would have to come get us? Would that get him through the door, do you think? That might be a stretch. I dunno how well all you guys get along in here."

"We avoid Isaac like the plague. Few times we see him he's... Unpleasant. It always has to be about him, ya know?"

"But hey, that could work."
Mulliver says. having rejoined the group on incentive of Luna "I mean, even if we're not on the best of terms... I can tell a good lie when needed. I can definitely give it a try, at least."

"Could we make a door appear underneath him? Just catch him off guard, because we did make a door appear in the ground earlier, well Koa did."

"I think that could work as well. Some kind of trapdoor, yeah? It could work if he didn't even know he was walking over it until it was too late anyways."

"Anyways... I guess we'll try to have Mulliver bring him here first? In that case, I'm guessing we're only waiting for Marquise to get back to u-"

"Speak of the devil and she shall appear."

Luna shuts up, and Mulliver quips as a door suddenly appears- To soon energetically be kicked open with a pair of broad boots- A pirate lass proudly charging through, big grin on a tomboyish face, blunderbuss loosely held in one hand by it's barrel... She doesn't seem like one for the "regular"- Her brimmed hat blue and large, and while the rest of her attire was

"I'm back! Missed me?"

The girl didn't give a chance for anyone to reply as she instantly reacted to the trainer's presence. "Hey, it's you kids! Don't worry! Now I'm here, you're safe! Pleased to meet y'all, I'm Marquise!" the girl was virtually yelling excitedly as she marched up to Bjorn as he was trying to do his thing, snapping him out of his concentration as she mostly involuntarily grabs hold of his hands to perform a handshake greeting- Moving to pass it on to the others as Luna finally tries to get something inbetween.

"What, about the other trainer? No worries! I totally saved him!"

"Yeah! So I found him, corned by Charon, but I was like no you don't! And so I fought him, hit him with my blunderbuss a few times, and eventually he got so scared he begged me to let him go! Of course, I only did in trade for him letting your friend go, though. Weird kid."

"...Thanks, Marquise. But we're gonna try to lure Isaac into our world, alright? We might have to prepare for a battle against him."

"Well why didn't you just say so? I'm all prepped!" she says- slinging the blunderbuss into both her hands.

"...So, I guess if you kids are ready, I'll try to find Isaac and lure him here... Unless something else needs to be done first..?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:10 am

Irene looks at klefki and nods towards him "Get ready to lock him down. I'm rea... oh wait Luna do you know anything about... um, well... psychic powers... that distort reality? I sorta just learned that I kinda have them, and well I'm still a little self-conscious about them..."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:37 am

"What, about the other trainer? No worries! I totally saved him!"
"Oh James is alright? Well that's good!," Koa says with a bright grin, some of Marquise's enthusiasm seeping into him. "So where is he?"

"...So, I guess if you kids are ready, I'll try to find Isaac and lure him here... Unless something else needs to be done first..?"
"Hmm... maybe you should tie us up or put us in a cage first? Not for real, but just so it looks like you caught us? That might make it easier."

Aside from that, Koa has no objections to moving forward with the plan.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:36 pm

Earlier: Phoenix looks around specifically for a Razor Fang. If he finds one, he will try to ask the stall owner what he can do or trade to get it.

Later:
I could probably try to sneak in, if you guys want. I'm pretty sneaky, and good at climbing things. If anybody could, it's me.
► Show Spoiler

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:01 pm

When the skeletons bar their path, Alex speaks up, "Do you perhaps know of when we could beg an audience with your master?" He doesn't really expect a proper response, of course, so when the skeletons fail to provide helpful information he crosses back the way he came, casting about for anybody who looks knowledgeable.
"I could probably try to sneak in, if you guys want. I'm pretty sneaky, and good at climbing things. If anybody could, it's me."
"There's no point if only one of us can get in."

Perception: Alex=2, Dusk=10
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:02 am

"hmmmm....this is going to be harder than I thought, okay um...normal pokemon are not affected, right? And being outside the room removes the effect? Okay I want you to help me get this door back open until rose and kale return. I think....I may have an idea to save my friends, not sure about Charon yet." james releases Thistle and Camellia to help with the door, with Camellia using inflatable to hold the door open and yet allow space on top to squeeze through.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Drake scratches his chin for a moment after he put the book in his backpack again.

"Are the teleportation spell only personal or could I in theory bring multiple people with me one way or another? And do you think there might be anything useful somewhere in the temple? It seemed most of it was untouched so anything hidden away might still be available for us to use if I go retrieve it now and then teleport back with it. If not, I'll guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Actually, how big an area would you say the ira spell is?"

Drake takes a couple of deep breaths to calm himself down when the priestess speak.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:32 pm

At Drake's questions about the spells, Koa speaks up.
"That stuff would be good to know, but I think we should hold onto the spell. Unless there's something more useful somewhere in the temple, it might end up being our best chance at getting Charon and the rest of us out of this place."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:42 pm

"Ready!" Bjorn summons Nape and mounts up, going for a quick gallop around the meadow to let Nape stretch her legs.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:58 pm

Izzy, Irene, Koa, Bjorn, Drake

"Oh James is alright? Well that's good! So where is he?"

"Back in the real world! Think he is, at least."

"Hmm... maybe you should tie us up or put us in a cage first? Not for real, but just so it looks like you caught us? That might make it easier."

"Hm... I suppose that if he'd peer through the door and see a bunch of kids tied up it'd look more convincing. Yeah, sure. Just look the part when I get back."

"Get ready to lock him down. I'm rea... oh wait Luna do you know anything about... um, well... psychic powers... that distort reality? I sorta just learned that I kinda have them, and well I'm still a little self-conscious about them..."

"Hmm... Alter reality in the watcher's sense, or the psychic kind?" the woman asks- Seeming to pause only for a moment before her own thoughts and Irene's reaction seems to make her realize it was a rather stupid question- Her face contorting slightly in a bit of embarrassment as she continues.

"Right, that's probably a stupid question. Well... It's a pretty weird thing, isn't it, huh? I mean, my powers were just crazy... Transform into some fancy suit? I mean what's even the idea behind that, huh?"

"But having had my own set of powers... There's nothing I could say that would make everything fit together for you, you know? These kind of powers... It's not something that can be explained. It's just something that... Comes to you. It was pretty scary for me at first! Guess it is for you too. Just know that it's nothing to be afraid of... And everything will make itself clear to you in time."

"Are the teleportation spell only personal or could I in theory bring multiple people with me one way or another? And do you think there might be anything useful somewhere in the temple? It seemed most of it was untouched so anything hidden away might still be available for us to use if I go retrieve it now and then teleport back with it."

"Well... Maybe something would be possible to have the construct alter the spell... But that's no option right now. Honestly, the spell-book is kinda bare. Never needed more than that, you know? And it's kinda irresponsible to just use it for no proper reason... Although the current situation definitely warrants it."

"If not, I'll guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Actually, how big an area would you say the ira spell is?"

"Hmm, I'm... Not really sure? I never actually used it so I have to remember this boring lecture I got from my mentor, hehehe... Erm... I think she said it was three meters? In diameter?"

On that note, the trainers present they're ready. And on that note, Mulliver is off- Heading off through a summoned door, as under Koa's advice the trainers pretend to be captured by a set of ropes, Luna and Marquise hiding off to the side. And then they wait...

Eventually, their patience is rewarded- As the door slowly slings open again. Revealing behind it firstly Mulliver, and secondly the dreaded guest... Although he looks... Different. As similar to how earlier the trainers had met an angel, now it looked like they were to meet a devil. For while the man still looked greatly the same, perched upon his head was a pair of rounded goat horns- And his legs seemed oddly shifted, almost partly bent backwards.

"See? Told you I had them."
"So you do... And they just willingly tied themselves up, did they?"
"They don't know how this place works. All I had to do was put up a friendly face, and after just a little bit they were willing to believe everything if it meant a chance to get out. Tying themselves to a rope didn't seem too far of a stretch. Could probably have told them they needed to drown themselves, but then we couldn't have made a deal."
"Hahaha! Right." The man said, eagerly taking a step forward- Mulliver briefly stretching out an arm to block his path.

"You remember the deal, right?"
The man pauses, a coy but maniacal grin forming. "Of course. Should have figured you were a mercenary till the very end. But yes. We got a deal."

Mulliver gives a silent nod- Turning back towards the trainers as he steps through the door, casually gripping one of the daggers on his belt as he slowly strolls in the direction of the trainers... Pausing as Isaac seems to be waiting in the doorway.

"Aren't you coming? I thought this was the part you wanted to do."

"...Hehehe."

"Mulliver."

"Has anyone ever told you..."

"That you're a pretty good liar?"

The words had barely left his mouth, or through the door suddenly burst forth shadows- Indistinct in shape at first, rapidly taking the size of two monstrous claws- As one set of them quickly served to knock Mulliver out of the way, the trainers coming to the quick realization the shadows are forcibly keeping the door open- As the room behind Isaac begins contorting and changing, the madman himself stepping up with a maniacal grin on his face...

"So you wanna fight me on your own turf? Haha... That's just fine by me. After all, one thing I was never accussed of was not having any imagination..." he says- The butcher's knife in his hand contorting, changing as it lengthens, soon seeming to resemble something more akin to a sword than a barbarically misused kitchen implement. Something seems to materialize in his off-hand as well- Seeming to resemble an ornate flint-lock pistol... As the two shadows seem to solidify slightly in the shape of their two massive claws, lingering over the madman, ready to strike.

"And my best friend is giving me all the power I need to utilize it."

"Hehehe... So you want to 'deal with me', huh?"

"I wonder if you truly think that's the best option you have... Or if you just want some petty revenge."

"But hey, who am I to judge?"

"Let's finish what we started."

Boss battle: The butcher

Isaac Belze(20)
Gatekeeper left hand(15)
Gatekeeper right hand(15)
Isaac Belze(S)
Gate(S)

James

"hmmmm....this is going to be harder than I thought, okay um...normal pokemon are not affected, right? And being outside the room removes the effect? Okay I want you to help me get this door back open until rose and kale return. I think....I may have an idea to save my friends, not sure about Charon yet."

Charles shakes it's head as James mentions "regular pokemon not being affected"- The fact that some of the pokemon got lost inside being enough of a testament to that fact. Although it doesn't stop him from managing to open the door, using Camelia to keep it barred open... Although the void lingers beyond. And calls out to him.

"STOP THIS."

"I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS."

"SO STOP. OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES."

Alex, Phoenix
"Do you perhaps know of when we could beg an audience with your master?"
"No entry."
"The master is resting."

"Uhu. Very helpful. Say, what is your opinion on the politics between humans, pokemon, and animated skeletons?"
"No entry."
"The master is resting."
"Yes, very interesting. Okay, so these sacks of bones aren't going to tell us shit."

"I could probably try to sneak in, if you guys want. I'm pretty sneaky, and good at climbing things. If anybody could, it's me."
"There's no point if only one of us can get in."
"Yeah, your mate is right. I mean, unless whoever gets in can do whatever needs be done on his own."
"...I could probably deal with this Bone lord on my own..."
"Then it's a good thing you're as athletic and sneaky as a bag of rocks."
"Hey!"

Prodding fun of each other aside, the trainers quickly turn to thinking about who could help them... They don't really "spot" anyone that could help them... But logic dictates that the shopkeepers would be the most likely target for directing any questions, which could hopefully be done with Hilary's help. Either that, or go to that alien looking fellow- Who you're pretty sure can use telepathy, no..? Or simply find this "grand vizier" again. Considering he seems to be harboring an "official position", it makes sense that he could tell you more, right?

Speaking about shopkeepers, though... Phoenix does notice one of these little "stalls" holds a razor fang he so desires- Perched tightly under the claws of a raven mob boss- And like any of it's little goodies, not willing to just part with it... Barring he can cough up enough shinies of his own.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:32 pm

"NO CHARON! I WILL SAVE MY FRIENDS! YOU CANNOT STOP ME! I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU OR YOUR CONSEQUENCES! I THINK I KNOW HOW TO SAVE YOU AS WELL! WE MUST WORK ON THE SEALS ON THE INSIDE! IF WE CAN REACH THEM LIKE YOU HAVE THEN WE CAN DESTROY THE SEALS, TOGETHER! SO LET ME HELP YOU! You do not have to kill anybody. So please....let me help."

Charm [5d6+3] = 22+3 = 25

James opens Jasmine's pokeball. "Jasmine, try your best to make a rope. We are going to save our friends!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:47 pm

Alex approaches the alien-like pokemon, "Excuse me, are you capable of using telepathy? It's something of a necessity for ease of communication."
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Phoenix pats his pockets, not really finding anything that might possibly interest the bird... except possibly the Cleanse Tag, given to him earlier?

Moving over to the stall, he points to the fang, then points to the tag, motioning for a trade.

Phoenix Charm=13

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett