PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:25 pm

"... Hey, Spark, you said others were here before, right? Can you direct us to any areas they didn't loot, and aren't in the 'guardian's home area? Save us some time here?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 am

Izzy groans as the Reaper speaks - she'd been worried about something like this happening. Holding up the strange liquid, she gives it an experimental sniff. They wouldn't actually put anything in here that could seriously hurt her....right?

Intuition on whether this thing will kill her: 11
Perception to sniff drink: 18

Unless it literally smells off death, she braces herself and takes a sip from the drink.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:12 pm

"Haven't we chewed up enough time here already?! Is there anywhere else we haven't covered?"

Bjorn looks at the two girls and Alex with a smirk. "Well, I guess I'll be carrying the box!" he says, grunting and hefting it up and over his shoulder.
Bjorn Athletics Check: 5D6 = [6, 2, 6, 5, 2] = 21
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:16 pm

"I was mostly expecting a pokemon to be carrying it. But mine that could manage it aren't in a good condition."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:26 am

"Oh no worries, when we get out of here I'll load it up on Tank. She just won't fit in these corridors."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:35 am

"Well, so long as you're alright. Now, let's get the healing done, then we can... Loot. Or heck, we can do both at once. The machine won't take all of our pokemon at once, it will take time to work, and I doubt we really need much protection anymore."
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:56 am

"Seems all of this is on purpose.."

Drake will try to convince the spinaraks to get him the idol so he doesn't have to disturb their webs. Idol or not he won't disturb it and anger the spinaraks and return to the search for the exit/stuff.

Drake poke charm: 5d6 = [5, 4, 3, 2, 1] = 15
Drake perception: 5d6 = [6, 6, 4, 4, 2] = 22
Drake intuition: 2d6 = [6, 1] = 7
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am

Faintly similiar is good enough for her. First Irene tries to blow out the candle if that doesn't work she'll, try to knock it out of the shrine, and if that doesn't work she'll crush the flame underfoot/in hand.

Hopefully reflect activates to weaken the power of the flame.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"Okay, let's get the healing done and get moving. Who's carrying this thing?" Alex asks, as Bjorn slings the box over his shoulder with little actual issue- It's pretty heavy, but not that heavy he can't carry it out easily...

"Wait wait wait. Are we not going to loot this whole werehouse except the place the creepy girl was? Or the ship? Sure I want to explore too but I feel if we leave this here as it is, it will get left unused. Pleeeeeaaaaasse?"

"... Hey, Spark, you said others were here before, right? Can you direct us to any areas they didn't loot, and aren't in the 'guardian's home area? Save us some time here?"

Code: Select all

Suppose I could, although there's little to be found. :)

Guys before you were like vultures- Picked this place clean. ;)

Although I think there may be one or two...

...Oh no.

I think you may have other priorities to attend to.

Someone just entered this place.
Perception rolls as everyone exits the third level, please...

Koa

Koa briefly wonders about the purpose of the idol, thinking that maybe it's like... An "intelligence" thing? Something fitting for solving that puzzle... Disregarding he solved it mostly using some intuition and some luck, not actual knowledge...

Regardless, he's soon on way again, eventually coming to a slow when he sees the hallway ahead widen into a room, which seems to be... A graveyard? Some tombstones litter across the ground, and there's even a reaper statue... Or some kind of robot, actually, judging by it's light movements- The only thing out of place being some kind of alchemy station in one corner of the room...

There's probably no harm in entering right now if he'd really want to... Although his intuition tells him there's definitely plenty of paths he has not yet checked out back where he came from, probably containing things similar to the door he found- Might potentially be worth it to go check them out..?

Izzy

Izzy groans as the reaper speaks the dreaded word... She figured it was going to be something like that, but was hoping she'd not have to go through it... Intuition tells her that they definitely could have put anything poison in it if their plan was to keep in line with League standards... But assuming they weren't, well, that was a different matter altogether. Going from the assumption that they're not actually trying to kill her and this is all just some kind of elaborate prank or scary maze, it's probably fine... Even if the smell is far from pleasant, and she'd definitely not drink it under any other circumstance, she eventually does take a small sip... The taste is foul, a bitter taste that somehow still burns in her mouth, as for a moment she even gets afraid that it's actually burning- Her initial response is hence, only naturally, to hack and spit it out at first... But judging by the reapers cold stare that's not quite enough, and reluctantly she manages to quickly down the next sip. It's still bad, but quickly subsides once swallowed, leaving her only feeling a bit queasy... Which is probably more a placebo than an actual thing.

'SATISFACTORY." is the reapers only response, as the door next to it unlocks and slides open, bony mechanical claw digging in it's robe as it fishes something out... Presenting a little idol forwards to her.

OBTAINED IDOL: CUBONE

Before she gets to continue though, her cheaty powers pick up yet again... This time however, with a bit more of a worrying aspect.

Something's moving. From behind her, the way she came- Moving towards the room in slow, but methodic footsteps...

(Give me a perception roll in addition to any other rolls you want to do.)

Drake

Drake tries again to convince the spiders to help him out, but once again, they seem to ignore his pleas for help... If they are a part of this maze, it's probably planned like that, anyways- Who'd figure little spiders make for obedient servants...

Not much later, he continues down the open passageway... Ending travelling down a short, rather linear path, before ending on a crossroads... Both ahead, and to his left, the maze hallways curve around out of sight- But to his right, he's met with a soft red, somehow inviting glow... A little sign pasted above a door labeled "EXIT".

Irene

Irene pauses for just a second, before extinguishing the candle with just a simple blow... Which is almost immediately followed by a horrible, inhuman shriek- And the quick stomping of footsteps in her direction yet again.

Seems the creature is coming straight for her... She better think of something fast!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Per [5d6+3] = 21+3 = 24
"More specific sparky, who just entered here?"
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Huh... was this another puzzle, like the door Koa came across? It was kinda spooky, only being able to see one or two headstones at a time in the dim glow of his flashlight. They were probably just props, but still.

Koa couldn't shake the feeling he'd missed something on his way here though. That's weird, because he could've sworn there weren't any other side passages he'd missed. At the same time, though, shouldn't there have been at least one or two? Koa decides that he may as well take another look, between here and the egg door. With this being the Iron challenge, it can't hurt to try and find every advantage he can get.

If there's another passage or something, maybe it's hidden, somehow? Koa shines his flashlight across the walls and ceiling as he makes his way back to the egg door.
Intuition and Perception between graveyard and egg door:
5d6+4 = [5, 4, 2, 1, 1] = 17
2d6 = [3, 1] = 4

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:10 pm

((I'm just going to set all my pokemon to being healed, since I've been saying for multiple updates now "Hey, before we do this thing, let's heal." "Hey, while this thing which will take time happens, somebody can get our pokemon healed instead of just watching." "Hey, we need to get our pokemon healed." So given that, I'm gonna heal. I'll make notes of their current health in case ignoring all my attempts to not be in an awful condition were intentional.))

Per: 5
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Well that certainly seems to have put it in pain... Maybe there's more candles? Grabbing the candle so the creature couldn't just relight it when she left, Irene bolts, and if she can she'll atempt to go back to the minigame animatronics.

Irene athletics [2d6] = 5 perception [2d6] = 9 Intuition [2d6] = 5 survival [3d6] = 13
Irene athletics [2d6] = 9 perception [2d6] = 7 Intuition [2d6] = 4 survival [3d6] = 13

If she makes it back to the clowns she'll shove the candle into the ticket one, and hold her breath...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:29 am

Taking the Cubone idol, Izzy leaves the drink in its place. Though not before spitting in the cup in a very unladylike manner, trying to get as much of the nasty taste out of her mouth as possible. But then she notices movement, coming from behind her. Wasn't...wasn't she supposed to be in this place alone....?

Perception: 17

Deciding not to hang around and find out what creepy thing is chasing her, she quickly moves on - keeping an eye out for any hidden passages she could escape down.

Intuition: 9
Perception: 22

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:58 am

Bjorn Perception Check: 3D6 = [2, 5, 4] = 11

(Sorry, only time for a roll.)
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 am

Drake decides to tempt fate and go investigate a bit more, keeping in mind the way back to the exit. He decides to go straight over in the crossroad so the exit should be on his left when he returns.

Drake perception: 5d6 = [6, 6, 4, 2, 1] = 19
Drake intuition: 2d6 = [6, 3] = 9
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:19 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"More specific sparky, who just entered here?"

Code: Select all

You're not gonna know them, but it is an... "old friend" for some of your companions. :/

Tex Tesla- A guy that is VERY skilled at the construction of machines. :o

The kind of guy I'd like to call a friend, if he wasn't so insistent on taking the piss on absolutely everything... :/

He just broke through the ceiling into the central room. Be careful, whatever you do...
Indeed, Haley can detect noise from the central room, along with Bjorn... Although unlike Bjorn, Haley can tell that, among what seems to be the noise of machinery, there's a... Conversation going on..? One she could potentially listen in to, if she gets closer to the door to listen in... There's sounds of movement coming from the right hall, too, but the left hall at least initially sounds clear... And might prove a potential exit..?
► Show Spoiler
Koa

Koa decides he must have missed a couple things, and turns back around- Relying largely on intuition more so than he does on perception, because if he'd have to be perfectly honest with himself, he'd probably miss something if it was right in front of him using just this shitty flashlight in this darkness... But he ends up wandering a lot regardless- Either a combination of bad luck and taking all the dead ends with nothing in them, or perhaps simply missing something in a couple of them... Still, by simple matter of elimination, he soon finds himself walking down another hallway, coming to a sudden halt as he notices something else of interest- A vent, embedded deeply in a side of the wall, beyond which there seems to be a rather narrow, but manageable vent system... Seems like there's nothing actually keeping the thing secured, besides just being "stuck"- He could maybe get it loose..?

Irene

Irene makes a run for it, thinking that perhaps there might be more of these candles in this maze... But that's a thought quickly shoved aside- For while she's quite sure she could make it back to the "carnival" with little issue, she has other worries... This time around, not seeming to be fast enough to have outran the thing before it found her- And she can practically find it breathing on her back again! It's likely going to grab a hold of her again soon, or try at least- Barring she has any tricks left up her sleeve...

Izzy

Izzy quickly panics as she comes to the sudden realization that the thing is already too close for her to run down this hallway without being spotted, assuming it was going to look straight down the hallway and the door- Not that she wasn't going to try to give it as little a chance to do that, as she makes sure to book it quickly... Whatever is behind her disappearing from her air sense, but potentially not from sight, as she spots the unmistakable sign of a flashlight coming down the corridor... And soon turning towards her just as she manages to get around a corner. Although it seemed it was already too late, as it called out after her:

"Izzy?"

Wait, is that... Koa? It sounded like him, at least, and the flashlight she noticed did seem similar to her own... Leaving her with the option to either confirm what she heard, or continue booking it down the corridor she just turned into- Luckily, this one didn't seem to be a dead end... at first, at least.

Drake

Foolishly, Drake chooses to continue, going straight ahead- Again, he's taken through a rather short, and rather linear path, before coming upon a larger room... Luckily, this one seems not nearly as infested with spiders as the last one- The only thing really of note being an exit to the left, and a large mirror on the other side of the room... Which he dismisses at first, until he needs to do a double take- Noticing from afar, that in the reflection seems to be another little altar with an idol on top... But no such altar seems to be in the room he's currently in.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:23 am

Hakey lets out a groan and whispers. "Okay empty area left, comversation near by. We need to escape before his notice. I doubt he is supposed to be here but be ready for a fight." Haley navigates them to the 'empty area' to escape from them. "This is stupid. How did he find this place, for two why destroy the celing, for three why isn't this so called protector not doing anything? Hey, singularity do you think you can carry me quietly?"

singularity stealth [4d6] = 13

Per [5d6+3] = 21+3 = 24
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: edit

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 am

Was this vent part of the maze? Koa wouldn't be going out-of-bounds or something like that, would he, if he were to see what's inside? He figures he'll check it out. If it leads back to reception, outside, or somewhere where he obviously isn't supposed to go, he can always make his way back.

Wishing he had his crowbar, Koa does his best to get a grip on the grate, and he tugs at it.
Athletics to remove stuck vent grate: 4d6+2 = [5, 4, 4, 3] = 18

Assuming he manages to pull it off, he'll crawl inside and see what's there.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:55 am

Wait, Koa!? Why was he in here? He had been planning on entering the Gym straight after her, but that weird girl wouldn't have let him in before Izzy could finish....would she? Letting people solve these puzzles together would surely break the maze completely.

Intuition: 9

Paranoia grips her as struggles to think. What if it was a trap? Some way of catching her, getting her out of the maze? If they'd seen her talking to Koa outside, they could've recorded his voice or something. Or maybe it was magic? Hell, she'd met a Pokemon that could do illusions like this just yesterday. And it had even been Dark-typed! Or, or maybe it was that potion she drank? Those herbs could've easily been hallucinogenic. Was it really Koa's voice she'd heard, or did she just think it was? Maybe that was why she was feeling so paranoid right now?

Eventually, she reaches a decision - hide. Get a better look at...whatever it was. Or run, if she couldn't. If it really was Koa, she could always apologise to him later. Who knows, maybe it was him, and this was now a race to the exit?

Perception: 21
Stealth: 15

Using her wind sense to scout, she quickly scans the tunnel for a good hiding place - a nook or cranny big enough for her to squeeze into, a shadowy dead end, anything. Or....maybe something up high? If she could find a bar or something sticking out of the ceiling, she might be able to use it to pull herself up out of sight. Or at least fool the cameras into thinking that's what she was doing. It's not like whoever was watching would be able to tell the difference between climbing and levitating....

However, if she can't find any way to get out of sight, she just runs - dashing down the tunnel as quietly as she can.

Seeing no obvious hiding spots nearby, she figures the walls are probably close enough together for her to "climb". Trying to disguise her cheaty flight powers as much as possible, she turns off her torch and scrambles up the wall near the turning to the other tunnel. Back against the ceiling, she holds her hands on one wall, feet on the other. Hopefully...Koa(?) won't look up as he turns, and will just walk straight past underneath her.

Assuming things go to plan, Izzy tries to get a good look at Koa(?) as he passes, using her wind-sense to get a general idea of body-shape if necessary (using my Per roll from earlier for this, since I didn't really need it).
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:16 pm

As she feels it on her back, Irene does the most sensible thing, fall. More preciscly she goes into a foward somersault hoping the thing would try to grab her arm and miss. She manages even if a bit awkward at doing movings she hasn't done since a child. Getting back onto her feet she attempts to distance herself Wanting to scream in frustration and fear, but that would just draw the thing closer.

Irene acrobatics ap boost [3d6+1] = 10+1 = 11
Irene athletics [2d6] = 11
if it matters reflect should be still up, and if it isn't that means it's a new scene which refreshes teleport? Hopefully? o:)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Alex barely even tries to be stealthy, knowing it's not going to go well.

Per: 4
Stealth: 3
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:05 am

First thing to check is to see if there are more mirrors in the room. He'll move towards the altar in the mirror trying to get a good idea at which angle the mirror is reflecting and look in that direction for potentially more mirrors or hopefully an idol.

Drake perception: 5d6 = [6, 4, 4, 3, 2] = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:29 am

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:37 am

Haley shrugs and tries to listen in. Hopefully before they are caught.