PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Synch
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Synch » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:15 am

(Just a reminder I have Grunt out also.)

Sitting on top of a sleeping Tank, Bjorn kicks his heels into her to wake her up. "Thanks Luna! Get up Tank, now's not the time for a nap!"
Provided bots ARE typeless, Grunt lobs a Mud Bomb at the hoppip to the far left. (If they are not typeless, please let me know and I'll cast an ice spell.)

Mud Bomb (AC = 9; Damage = 40) (Super effective?)

Grunt scuttles to within range of the hoppip-bot to the far left, and launches a sharp Ice Shard at it.

Ice Shard (AC = 1; Damage = 26)
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Synch on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Koa

Koa considers the situation for a moment longer, examining the room to the best of his abilities... And after a while comes to the rather "intuitive" decision that surely, the only reason it could be here was to give him an indicator as to "where" to look, right? If he exits, and tries to keep a handle on where the room would be, he could try and test the walls around the place in question... Which is exactly what he ends up doing not much later- Finally exiting the cramped vents as he turns back around, soon testing the walls surrounding the potential point of interest... Coming to pause as he goes through a hallway he simply hadn't even passed before. Here, there was a very short, dead end... Which could just be a coincidence, of course... Or it could be something more: as is revealed as he gives the wall a light push, soon swaying it out of the way... And revealing the tiny room he was looking for beyond it, as he collects the idol!

OBTAINED IDOL: MURKROW

Drake

Drake looks for a way to go "around" the mirror, but can spot nothing... It seems like a completely bland, empty room- With the exception of the two exits, and that mirror, seemed like there was nothing here... Instead moving closer to the mirror...

"It's not like the sky will break open and all hell will be upon us.."

"At this point, would we really want to tempt fate..?"
his mirror image asks, as he gives the mirror a tentative kick. It feels pretty sturdy...

"Haha, wow! And here I thought we were too much of a coward to try and do anything... Or are we just that greedy?"

Izzy

Izzy curses everything, while deliberating her options... She probably couldn't go around. A distraction? No? Wait it out? Maybe... Give up..? Nah.

Eventually, she steels herself. It was about time she actually confronted this... Whatever it might be. Turning off her light as to not be a dead give away, and relying mostly on her wind sense to scout ahead instead- Soon enough getting close enough to be able to "touch" the figure ahead, once again trying to inspect it... It's not Koa, at least- It's too short. And it's hair seems too long for it, too. Actually, it might just be...

"Oh, wow... You're cheating. Well, that's no fun..."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Nice! With 3 idols and a TM, Koa felt like he was doing pretty well for himself so far!

Koa considers trying to find the second hidden room beneath the vents, though only for a moment or two. The problem was that he hadn't explored the maze in that area, and wouldn't be able to retrace his steps if he dropped down on that side. He might be able to find it eventually, but who knows what else he'd find while he was there?

For now Koa decides to make his way back to the graveyard room, namely to inspect the animatronic statue and what looked like a chemistry lab table?

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 am

Resisting the urge to talk back, Izzy pauses. She'd been right - it wasn't Koa! Only....where did that leave her now?

It sounded like the girl from the reception. It had also sounded like Koa. Whoever they were, they definitely knew she was there - maybe they were just trying to get her to talk, to give herself away? But she had to do something, otherwise she was back to square one.....

With no other ideas, Izzy resorts to her default tactic: playing innocent.

"Cheating? How?"

If the girl(?) moves towards her, Izzy moves back - trying to keep a safe distance between them. And if she starts being chased, she legs it as fast as she can.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 am

Remembering the image of a spider on the quiz this challenge seems straight foward enough... as long as they don't try to bite her. Ignoring the vending machine Irene adress the sounds in the ceiling.

"Hello, can you hear me?" Irene calls out hopeing that finally this was a challenge she could use her strong suit at. "I'm just looking for these carvings of pokemon, I don't mean any harm. Maybe you could show me the way, so I can leave all of you alone faster? Wouldn't that be nicer then me stumbling around in here?"
irene charm [5d6] = 16
of course Irene trying to charm oversized spiders and pay attention to runes leaves her unable to focus on things around her.

Irene occult edu [4d6] = 10 Irene perception [2d6] = 6 Intuition [2d6] = 3

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Phoenix walks past the doors and straight away looks for any hallways he can sneak into.

So, where am I going Midas?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:04 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The two zoroark attack, the first one aligning itself before slashing it's way through two different bots- Almost knocking out the hoppip bot outright, and badly injuring the voltorb bot... As it's brother decides to help out, dashing through both of them as well to end up giving his brother a high-five, knocking out two bots!

Tex meanwhile struggles to wake, writhing rather terribly in his sleep.

"...What exactly did you do..?"

"Oh, no big deal... The dark void just drags you into your worst nightmare, is all."

"And once you're in there, I'll just do this..!"
Numa yells, hopping next to Tex, soon eating the nightmare- Tex going limp as he's knocked unconscious, and regaining a lot of vitality in the process!

grunt shoots an icicle at a nearby bot, but misses.

The remaining bots keep position, mostly, just a couple maneuvering- Shots are fired at Grunt, Haley, and twice at Numa- The shot against Haley missing, as Grunt takes 25(17) damage. Numa takes both hits, seeming to remove most of the health she just replenished.

Bjorn kicks his rhyhorn back awake as it jumps with a start, as Luna decides she doesn't exactly have qualms with hurting something that's technically not alive - Moving over to hit one of the bots with a dazzling gleam.

The two remaining voltorb bots are next to act, one smashing in Numa, while the other goes after Haley... The hit against Numa seems to be enough to bring her down to critical health, while Haley takes 43(36) damage!

"Stupid... Robots not being able to sleep..."

Luckily, Bellatrix is there to help- Quickly rushing over to Haley and, should she accept it, handing her a softboiled egg to gulp down quickly- Restoring her back to full, if injured HP.

Haley releases Willow, while turning to the voltorb bot next to her- Managing to make it vulnerable for one round as she kicks an important looking balancing part.

The jumpluff bot meanwhile, moves up, and takes aim at Numa, another shot knocking her out..!

... Or not- Something one party member has seen happen before, and can now even see from a new perspective, as the intensity of the girl's aura seemed to "crack"... And then explode, pushing back the nearby robots- And Numa appears... Completely fine, if a bit winded.

"Zo... Zoro!"

"This keeps getting more... Interesting. Cat got your tongue?"

Alex meanwhile releases his duskull near Hopper as backup...

Hopper meanwhile takes aim at Willow, sending out an ice beam for 44(60) damage..! Which, however, isn't enough to knock it out as it it catches Hopper, the jumpluff bot, and a hoppip bot in one big rock blast- Also hitting the already unconscious Tex, although at that point it's just considered "tolerated collateral damage"...

Dusk hits hopper with an ice punch, dealing some more damage. He's looking rather resistant, though...

"You think you are so clever bringing your employer here?
Or is it more illegal robots?"

"I'd be very impressed if our employer could appear at such short notice. And I assure you the robots aren't illegal... But to answer your question- Like I said, my master is a man of a rather singular disposition..."

The crashing sounds continue- Like the sounds of tearing metal...

"When all you have is a hammer, every problem you come across is a nail... So when it turns out the current hammer you've got is simply not suited to the job..."

The crashing sound seems to come to an end, followed by a vague whooshing sound... And a loud crash as something impacts heavily with the ground nearby- Heads soon turning to face an absolutely massive robot- Three heads soon beginning to poke out of it's shell as it recovers from impact, beginning it's scan for targets...

"You build a bigger robot."

BOSS BATTLE: A BIGGER ROBOT.

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(25)
Middle head(20)
zoroark 1(20) lightly injured
zoroark 2(20) lightly injured
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) 60/77
Jackie(15)
Numa(15)
5 Hoppip-bots(15) #1 KO #2 injured, #3 injured
Bjorn(14) 34/52
Tank(14/10) 48/83
Luna(12) lightly injured
3 voltorb bots(11) #1 KO #2 levitating (5 turns remaining), vulnerable
Bellatrix(chansey)(11)
Haley(10) 82/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) lightly injured
Alex(6) 51/75
Hopper-bot(5/7) lightly injured, paralyzed
Left head(5)
Willow(4) 7/60
Dusk(3)
High-powered fan pad(S)
Volt-proofed tail(S)
Heatproofed wings(S)
Heavy-Duty plated armor(S)

Koa

Koa decides to backtrack to the room he found earlier, eventually managing to find his way back with little issue as he walks up to the animatronic... It stares rather coldly at him- To be expected given that it was, well, a robot. It guards the door progressing further into the maze, and, as if it can tell Koa is thinking about how he'd go about opening the door, soon lifts a finger to indicate a sign next to it:

"TO PROCEED, BREW THE DRINK OF THE DEAD."

Looking at the alchemy table nearby, he finds a heavy set book containing instructions for this apparent brew... The basics might seem simple, but more detailed inscriptions seem to be in a language he probably won't understand... But the base idea is there- He'll need to use the book to find which ingredients he'll need to put in which container for the brewing process- He'll also need to light a fire to actually initiate it all. It's easier said than done, of course...

(Occult edu to decrypt instructions, Medicine edu to identify ingredients, and finally Survival to light the fire, please.)

Izzy

Izzy hesitates, figuring it might very well be a trick... But not like she has much choice.

"Cheating? How?"

"Girl, don't even try me. I've been around the block plenty of times- Waaaay back me and Jack visited Unova, met this girl there... Skyla? You know that girl can fly? Some other cool stuff, too... Sorry girl- But it's a bit of a giveaway when there usually no draft in here."

"It's quite rude to be touching up a girl, by the way..."

"Now... The only question is, what do I with a cheater that ruins all the fun..?"
the girl says- Taking a couple slow steps towards Izzy...

Irene

Irene ignores the potential TM, turning to the watchers on the ceiling... But her pleas seem to fall on deaf ears- Although to be fair, it's hard to tell, as she doesn't even manage to see the spiders in question half the time, and hence can't say if the spiders are just ignoring her or seem willing... Or if they're already trying to help, but she just can't tell in which direction she has to follow them.

So, back to random wandering it is, albeit with the occasional chittering of arthropod legs above... As soon it appears she's managed to find the "heart" of the spider infestation- A larger room absolutely covered in webs- Many striding along the floor, but it's mostly the ceilings and walls that'd worry her: For with the former, she can't even tell how high the room is, a web of... Well, webs, covering it completely, the occasional movements of spider seen clearly going across the threads... Many of the walls were covered, too, only a couple still revealing what seemed to be these runic symbols in this room... There are a lot of references to this "big spider", here...

Looking through the room, it seems that there's a clear, unblocked passage to the left... And a slightly larger one to the right, although it looks far less appeasing to use, being completely blocked by webs. It looks like there might be something behind it, though...

Phoenix

"So, where am I going Midas?"

"Your best bet would likely consist out of trying to sneak into the door towards your left, then head towards the stairwells... Nobody will use them in a place like this. You'll need to head to the 14th floor. Her room will likely be guarded, so unless you wish to try to talk your way in and hoping they'll let you see her so she'll allow it, your best bet will be to try and access her room from a nearby balcony. You could perhaps go to the 15th floor instead, and try to go down..?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:31 am

INTURRUPT: Haley takes a picture of ice beam.

"Actually, I am pretty sure that robot is. At the very least the usage and amount active is." Haley looks at the zozarks. "You guys got aoes? If so, destroy as many bots as possible. If not, target hopper, it's controlling the whole thing. If all else fails, head to the ship."

Haley looks at Hopper and brings out her styler and points it at it before recalling Willow "You should probsbly cease. Your master is knocked out. We have no control over what the wild pokemon will do. They may decide it is worth ending him than destroying the robots."

She looks at Jackie and nods. "Do what you can to protect these guys."
Survival [5d6+2] = 24+2 = 26
If still hostile on Jackies turn: Shockwave on Hopper: Jackie shockwave [1d20] = 12 dmg [2d8+34] = 5+34 = 39

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 am

Alex's eyes widen as he sees the shockwave from Numa, "Oh gods. Hopper, you have to call off this job. If I'm right about who your employers are, when they find out about her they will kill her and everyone who could possibly have come into contact with her. Just the fact that you've been here is enough."
If Hopper doesn't call off the fight, Alex grits his teeth and throws himself into the fray. Adrian hits the big bot's armour with a Water Pulse, and Alex hits Hopper with a slap(Force Palm).

Water Pulse (Boss Armour): AC=7, Damage = 37
Force Palm (Hopper): AC=17, Damage = 28
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 am

"I don't suppose I could just make you some lemonade, huh?" Koa jokes with the animatronic. Regardless, Koa turns his attention to the 'alchemy' bench.

Occult, Med, and Survival for dead drink brewing:
2d6 = [5, 3] = 8 (AP boost to 10)
2d6 = [4, 3] = 7
6d6+2 = [6, 6, 4, 3, 3, 3] = 27

Koa might not be completely clueless when it comes to reading these instructions. It's not unlike reading a recipe, right? Even if he ends up not being able to understand the book, he might be able to cross-reference the listed names and amounts shown in the basic instructions with the larger set of instructions and glean some information that way.

Of course, the problem was identifying which ingredients were which in the first place. Koa's no expert in the medicinal uses of plants, but he's cooked with more than his fair share of herbs. To that end, Koa brings every bit of his extensive cooking knowledge to bear, treating the alchemy bench more like a cooking station.
Intuition to aid in brewing dead drink: 4d6+4+6 = [6, 5, 5, 5] = 31

Not only does Koa attempt to identify the herbs, smelling and giving each a small taste, but he also tries to recall various herbal brews he's cooked or heard of in the past. Maybe this 'drink of the dead' was a kind of tea he knows by some other name, or maybe there's something similar enough to help Koa fill in the blanks of whatever parts of the recipe he's not able to decipher?

Koa also gives a quick look around the room itself to make sure there aren't other parts of the recipe listed anywhere. That might be a good idea. Unless this whole graveyard thing is just for show...?

Once his chosen ingredients are precisely measured out and ground up/sliced apart (he hopes they're the correct ones), Koa sets to lighting the fire itself. Compared to deciphering the cooking instructions, starting a fire is no big deal. He lights it in a jiffy and stokes the fire just so, making sure the temperature's exactly correct to brew this herbal... concoction, whatever it may be.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Guile: 3

"Fly? Really!? Wow, what a surprise...."

"...to be fair, I'm pretty sure the rules didn't say anything about...that sort of stuff. I mean, I double checked."

As the girl moves towards her, Izzy stays on the defensive. And if she keeps moving, then Izzy springs into action - running forward and flinging herself into the air, she soars over the girls head and towards the door. A stray gust of wind catches the girl as this happens, blowing around her head (and, coincidentally, making a complete mess of her hair).

Acrobatics: 13

Assuming Izzy gets past without issue, she then darts through the doorway, doing her best to shake off any pursuer while searching for somewhere to hide.

Perception: 13
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm

While thoughts of a Gyradous sized spiders fills her head Irene still manages to be relatively charming.

irene charm [5d6] = 13

"Excuse me, sorry to interupt, but is there an item like these idols behind that web?" Irene will ask showing the two idols she has.
"I'm need to collect as many as I can to help my family, and since it looks like you're a happy family here, would it be all right if I gathered the idol over there?"
Irene will then proceed to try to carefully move around the webs without disturbing them to go after the idol
Irene acrobatics [3d6] = 13

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:03 pm

"Your best bet would likely consist out of trying to sneak into the door towards your left, then head towards the stairwells... Nobody will use them in a place like this. You'll need to head to the 14th floor. Her room will likely be guarded, so unless you wish to try to talk your way in and hoping they'll let you see her so she'll allow it, your best bet will be to try and access her room from a nearby balcony. You could perhaps go to the 15th floor instead, and try to go down..?"

Definite risk, good chance of death, but I'll look pretty cool if I can pull it off. Hmm... I like it. Let's go!

Phoenix tries to sneak to the nearest stairwell, and starts climbing up to the 15th floor.

Stealth=16

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:36 pm

Kicking his heels, Bjorn spurs Tank forwards, the rhyhorn running closely past Jackie and Haley to launch a horn attack, plowing through the voltorb and hoppip alongside Haley! (Conqueror's March, battlemap.)

Horn Attack (AC = 5, 11; Damage = 33, 34)

If the Hoppip is still up, Bjorn launches an Ice Punch at it and attempts to knock it out the air!

Ice Punch (AC = 14; Damage = 29)

If the Hoppip is down,
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:40 am

"Ahh yes, insulting a guys pride.. I bet that have caused some entertaining mishaps in here. But you're right, lets not tempt fate too much, would be bothersome with 7 years of bad luck and a bloody leg. So any place in this maze I just got to see before a scaredy-cat like me goes through the exit?"

Drake continues to look for any clue that might lead to an opening of the window/mirror, but mostly keeps a watch on "himself" trying to get a measure of how much the answer is going to be "I'm just fucking with you". If the mirror image doesn't have anything of value to offer about the maze, he'll return to the spinaraks and drop his candle piece in the vending machine (and grabbing what comes out) before going for the exit.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 am

Koa

Koa jokes to the reaper robot, as it continues to just stare coldly at him... And he's soon turning to try and solve the actual puzzle instead... Turning to the book, it actually turns out to not even be that bad- A lot of it goes above him, but it seems like they consist mostly out of 'additional instructions", things that would probably help him pick out the correct ones- But the main instructions are pretty simple, and he manages to decipher... Most of them.

It still leaves him with nothing more but the ingredients name, though, which is a bother when they sound absolutely foreign to him- Only able to recognize one, and only because it has a pretty iconic, "give-away" name... But where medical knowledge fails, cooking skills come in- As he does actually manage to recognize some of the ingredients as "rare" cooking ingredients, indeed usually reserved to more herbal teas or similar, although this'd be no particular recipe he knows...

Still, while it certainly put a couple more ingredients on the list, a couple of the herbs remain foreign to him- Testing them revealing that's likely either because they're too bitter, too bland, or just outright foul... Their use for in medicine, not to cook. Still, he likes to think he did a good job in the end, guessing to his best abilities on remaining ingredients, as lighting the fire at this point is child's play- And soon the process is set in motion... As he ends up with a slightly translucent, oddly green drink slowly pouring out the end of the chemical process... As he turns to look at the reaper robot to see what exactly it is he needs to do, or if that alone is enough to open the door- As he gets his answer:

"DRINK."

Izzy

"Fly? Really!? Wow, what a surprise...."

"...to be fair, I'm pretty sure the rules didn't say anything about...that sort of stuff. I mean, I double checked."

"Oh, sure, I guess they don't... There was a field given certain abilities, though- Had I known, I'd... Well, I'm not sure what, but I'd have thought of something else to deal with. Right now, all the fun is gone..."

"...Although, you still seem plenty scared backing off like you are, hehe..."

Given that the girl was both continuing to slowly walk up to Izzy, and that she wasn't just going to allow her to say that, Izzy quickly rushes ahead- Flying over the girl, blowing a gust of wind in her face as she dives past- Rushing down the door, and looking for a place to hide... Her best bet would probably be a dead end- Or float high on the ceiling and hope she doesn't notice there.

"Ha ha ha! Alright, I guess we're playing that game now! Alright kid, here's the deal- There's two mirror fragments in the part of the maze you're in right now... Find those before I find you, and you win! But if I find you before that... Well, I'll show you what happens to cheaters in Murkoff." the girl says, in a mixture of amusement and what... Almost sounds like malevolence. There's something weird about that girl, though... Her eyes glowed when Izzy flew over her.

Irene

Irene addresses the spiders again, this time around them being much closer so she can properly gauge their reaction, which seems one of... Indifference- Even her kindest words seeming to hold very little sway over the spiders, as they watch intently... And her efforts to try and reach whatever lies beyond the door without disturbing the webs proves almost impossible, virtually the entire passage covered, as she instead shifts to focusing to disturbing them as little as possible instead... It's definitely seemed to have put the spiders on alert, though, many beady eyes watching as she's making her way through what seems like knee-high webbing... Although she's a bit closer now, now she can properly see another one of those idols in the room ahead- A spinarak idol, it seems like...

Phoenix

Definite risk, good chance of death, but I'll look pretty cool if I can pull it off. Hmm... I like it. Let's go!

Phoenix sneaks towards the stairwells in question, having to dodge the eyes of one random employee, but even if he saw him it wasn't exactly obvious whether he'd care or not... And soon he's on the virtually abandoned stairwells, which turns out to probably be the biggest challenge of them all- 15 floors is a LOT of floors... But he reaches it, soon ending up in another hallway- There's some people here, but none that seem to notice him immediately. The whole place looks like an office of kind, most people behind desks working on computers, handling things on large sheets...

"Just act like you belong, and no one will be the wiser. The tricky part will be climbing out the window without arousing suspicion... It's just right ahead- The room we'd need to enter should then be right below us."

Drake

"Ahh yes, insulting a guys pride.. I bet that have caused some entertaining mishaps in here. But you're right, lets not tempt fate too much, would be bothersome with 7 years of bad luck and a bloody leg. So any place in this maze I just got to see before a scaredy-cat like me goes through the exit?"

"Hah, yeah, that'd be the smart thing to do right now, wouldn't it..? I'm sure there's plenty of things around still that'd be worth the effort... We're not exactly the best at remembering where we've been, aren't we? We probably missed so MANY nooks and crannies holding potential loot for us... There's the idol we lost too- Gotta be some way to get it back, right? Has to have taken it somewhere... Probably not easy though- Like we're both agreeing, best to not get greedy and just get out."

"Still, so close to an idol clearly in this room... Might be worth trying to find out how to get it with just a friendly chat, no?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:58 am

"Um... you, me, or someone else?" Koa asks, not really expecting an answer. The instruction seemed pretty unambiguous, but Koa shines his flashlight at the reaper-animatronic's teeth and under his chin anyway, seeing if there's some kind-of receptacle to pour the drink into.

Failing to see any other course of action, Koa looks down at the green drink in his hand. Unsurprisingly, it just looked like a kind of green tea to him. Giving a mental shrug, he gives it a sip. If nothing seems wrong, he'll down the rest. It's best to drink tea while it's still hot, yeah?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 am

"Deal! Just give me a head start please...!"

Izzy turns her torch back on as she shouts over her shoulder, deciding the extra vision is worth giving away her position. After levitating far enough to put a bit of space between them, taking a few random turns to throw off the weird girl's scent, she slows down to check out her surroundings a bit more carefully.

Intuition: 11
Perception: 17

Stealth: 9

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:08 pm

"Sorry, I don't mean to alarm you, but that little idol over there that looks like you, my friends really need it." Irene adresses the spiders trying to not panick, or think of what would happen if they attacked...
"We can trade, I have this." Irene holds up the flashlight offering to trade.

Since the spiders probably resond with more indifference Irene slowly countinues through the passage way being as careful as she can, but nerves and fatique from all of the challenges showing more signs as she stumbles a little more.

irene charm [5d6] = 13
Irene acrobatics [3d6] = 8

Tearing up as she sighs, she looks at the spiders again who are hopefully not swarming her.
I'm so sorry, this maze has just been hard so many things actively chasing me down, or trying to scare me. I haven't been away from my friend for this long since I was a kid... but I need to do this so they can have their best chance... please help, or at least just let me get the idol? please, i don't mean to damage the webs, I'm just not as agile as all of you. Irene finishes her plea, just realived to be able to talk to a creature that listens before countinuing her slow crawl. Venting her fear seems to have revitlized her muscles a little as she does a much better job at avoiding the webs.

irene charm [5d6] = 22
Irene acrobatics [3d6] = 15
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The massive robot starts by stomping closer- Apparently completely disregarding the health and safety of hoppip-bot #4, stomping over it as it's damaged some... And two heads are soon to fire- The right one aiming at Tank, as the middle one aims for Jackie... Tank hit with a water blast for 43(64) damage, knocking him out, while Jackie is hit with some kind of laser for 29(19) damage!

Then the zoroarks get to act again, first one dashing up to an already weakened hoppip bot, finishing it off- While the second one seems to be thinking along the same lines, dashing up to behind Alex and throws some kind of dark projectile at another one- Knocking that one out as well!

Jackie hits Hopper with a shockwave, which at the very least doesn't seem resisted... And Numa joins in with a rather tough looking dark pulse as well- As it's starting to look rough..!

The remaining hoppip bots act- The one newly injured one making quick to move out of the way, before firing at Grunt for 27(19) damage, while the other one simply fires at Numa again, doing some damage...

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(25)
Middle head(20)
zoroark 1(20) lightly injured
zoroark 2(20) lightly injured
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) 41/77
Jackie(15) 13/67
Numa(15) lightly injured
5 Hoppip-bots(15) #1,2,3 KO , #4 lightly injured
Bjorn(14) 34/52 <=
Tank(14/10) KO
Luna(12) lightly injured
3 voltorb bots(11) #1 KO #2 levitating (5 turns remaining), vulnerable
Bellatrix(chansey)(11)
Haley(10) 82/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) lightly injured
Alex(6) 51/75
Hopper-bot(5/7) heavily injured, paralyzed
Left head(5)
Willow(4) 7/60
Dusk(3)
High-powered fan pad(S)
Volt-proofed tail(S)
Heatproofed wings(S)
Heavy-Duty plated armor(S)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Koa

Koa jokingly asks the reaper bot who exactly has to drink the brew, not really expecting an answer... And the robot itself doesn't seem to have any proper receptacle to pour it down too... So after some hesitation, he first gives the drink a test, before reluctantly downing all of it- It has a hot, yet at the same time numbing sensation to it- First burning, before leaving his insides feel somewhat numb as it goes down... Albeit quickly fading.

There is a slight pause as Koa begins to wonder if maybe he did fuck up and miss like an obvious "deposit here" or something, but soon the thing speaks again as the door opens:

"ADEQUATE."

As the door opens, it also seems to reach within it's coat, soon extending a robotic, "bony" hand- Holding within it another idol, and... What seems to be a full heal. He's not sure if he should use the last one, or if it's an additional reward...

Before he gets to continue further, though, he gets stopped in his tracks- Suddenly aware there's something right behind him- As indicated by the breath of hot air just inches away from his neck. But before his mind can even move from the "freeze" response to a "fight or flight" one, the dreaded stalker allows it's presence to be known:

"Why hello there..."

Oh- It's just Fatale... As he'd likely find out soon as he'd turn his flashlight around to face her.

Izzy

"Deal! Just give me a head start please...!"

"Hahaha! Beggars can't be choosers!"

With only a little bit of an advantage being ahead, Izzy quickly tries to make sure she keeps her lead- Heading down a couple random sides to try and throw her off trail... Which is probably a weird thing, given she wasn't leaving footprints levitating anyways, right..?

Regardless, thinking she has some lead, she starts her actual search... She almost flies straight into what's looking to be a trap- Another animatronic standing ready in an alcove to the side, this one in the form of a skeleton holding a trumpet... Which was obviously going to give her away had she tried to pass, as she continues further- The very next corridor she goes down holding one of the things the girl promised... A broken mirror fragment. Just one more.

The girl speaks up again- Not too far away, but not as far as Izzy could have hoped either... "Not gonna make this easy on me, aren't you girl? Wish that flying around you did would make the wooshing sound like in the movies..."

Irene

Irene presses on, pleading she means no harm, even offering to trade for the idol- But again, the spiders seem to give little care to her words, and are now becoming increasingly alarmed, several seeming to position themselves around her... Which soon leads to her tearing up- Which seems to matter little to the spiders even if it comes accompanied with a new burst of energy, allowing her to dodge the webs somewhat, as the spiders seem just as immune to charm as they've always been- And seem about to attack, just as there's a womanly voice coming from somewhere... Above her? It speaks with a certain hiss attached to it, but sounds otherwise charming...

"Ah, leave her be darlings... She's rather distressed- We're not that cruel to capture a girl already on the verge of tears..."

As the woman- Who she doesn't seem able to spot speaks, the spiders seem to noticeably relax, most continuing to watch, but mostly backing off...

"It's quite alright dear, go ahead and take it... Exit's not that far from here- You probably shouldn't stick around too much longer, hmm, hmm..."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:14 pm

"Hmm... I know I cooked it right, but I guess I got a couple ingredients mixed up?" Koa mutters to himself, taking the Cubone idol and Full Heal. He supposed that was in case someone got themselves sick from drinking a bad brew? Well, Koa didn't need it, so he'll pocket it for now.

Then he feels Fatale's breath on his neck, but thankfully she makes it known who it belonged to before Koa could get more than a quick chill down his spine.

"Why hello there..."

Koa turns around with a relieved grin, trying not to shine the light in her eyes as he speaks. "Hey Fatale! I guess I did alright making this 'Drink of the Dead' thing, yeah?" Koa says, holding up his empty glass. "Was it supposed to be like an anesthetic, or a health drink, or something?"

"What're you doing here, by the way? Is your job to sneak up on me?" Koa guesses amicably.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:33 am

Bjorn leaps off of Tank into a protective commando roll as she collapses below him, roaring in anger and recalling the fallen pokemon in exchange for Pyre who takes to the sky. He takes his anger out but attempting to Freeze Dry the voltorb in front of him.
Freeze Dry (AC= 13; damage = 32)

Grunt meanwhile, sends out another Ice Shard at the nearest Hoppip which also flies wide. Stupid swinub.
Ice Shard (AC = 3; damage = 23)
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:23 am

Keeping quiet, Izzy pockets the mirror and moves on. Last thing she wanted to do was give herself away by replying.

Stealth: 10
Intuition: 14
Perception: 15

Heading away from the voice (and the creepy robot), she considers her options. Had she gone left or right after the door? Maybe the next shard would be round in the other direction?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:19 pm

Phoenix decides to take Midas's advice to heart. He confidently walks around the floor, brushing past anybody who hopes to question him. He walks towards the balcony, casually looks at the nearest person, says something to the effect of "beautiful day", and strolls outside, leans against the railing and... pulls out a snack and starts eating. Every once in a while, glancing back to see if anybody is paying him any attention.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett