PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Alex picks up the various articles of loot then heads out and, noting Nixon's door open, heads in to track down Haley, waving the documentation and disk at her, "I've found the thing you need. You can thank me later. Go over the documentation, why don't you? You'll probably understand it better than I can."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:40 pm

"What is the disk and documentation for? Maybe I can do something with it." While the pc boots, she looks at the documentation trying to find any informaiton about it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:45 pm

"As far as I know, it's an attempt at a disk to reformat genesect. Since right now it's programmed to be loyal to team plasma only."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:51 pm

''...Okay after I get done with the murder AI I will look into it. I need to make sure that nobody can hack her-it when far away. And that it would be a complete wipe of the 'loyalty' in it."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:33 pm

Koa instinctively prepares himself to throw some rocks around at the spiders. His aching injuries, though, tell him to instead hang back near Isabella and Jeremy and be cautious. If he gets hit, even by a weak attack, it could open up one of yesterday's wounds.

Instead Maguma takes point, hurling a fireball into one of the Joltik from afar.
Flame Burst on Joltik: 1d20 = 10
2d10+10+26 = 42

(+5 non-modified damage from Expert Belt)
(Adjacent creatures lose 5 HP)

Koa will guard Jeremy and Isabella, throwing up a Wide Guard if something tries to attack either of them.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:36 am

"No - you -don't - you - fat - bastard!" Bjorn says through gritted teeth, rolling and wrestling with the Diggersby while maintaining a tight grip on his backpack. "That's - mine!" He tries to get his feet against the Diggersby's belly to push himself and his backpack out of arm's reach of the Diggersby.

Bjorn Athletics check: 5D6 = [6, 6, 2, 2, 2] = 18
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Can you get a message to her, like you talk to me? If so, tell her who I am, that I'm one of the trainers who fought Grimm, and tried to help save Regifae against the Godslayers.
Tell her that I and a few others are trying to fight against them, and we already have Diance on our side, and that she should contact me before I leave if she wants to help the fight.

I don't know about that. I can think of a few people I wouldn't mind sharing a room with. Phoenix gives a suggestive wink, before giving her a cheeky grin and laughing, trying to show that while he also doesn't forbid any funny business, he was mostly joking around.

If you're serious about that offer though, I should probably grab my stuff from there. I have a feeling that it might not be there in the morning if I leave it.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:03 am

ugh... even if there eyes are cute they still want to eat us. Be careful Koa. Ochrana trap them instead.

Irene uses reflect, and inspirational training
Ochrana gets excited and uses fairy lock on the biggest group of spiders.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Haley, Alex

Alex scoops up all his loot important stuff, as he heads out to meet up with Haley... Who wasted no time heading in and beginning to explore the room- She can't immediately spot any "pokemon" within the rather standard, clean room, but one of the books does catch her interest for some reason- Seems like an easy enough, potentially useful little booklet if she takes the time to read through some chapters...

Programming for dummies
Description: This book, while covering some more advanced subjects, is primarily intended for those with little experience in the field.
Novice tech edu: The user grants a +2 to all rolls relating to any kind of digital item.
Expert tech edu: When dealing with a robotic enemy, the user can, while in melee range, make a tech EDU check with DC 14. If successful, they can apply one of the following status conditions, even if the robotic enemy is usually immune: asleep, paralyzed or confused.

After which, she immediately moves on to the computer: A picture of a pixelated dancing bellossom being displayed as the OS is loading... And she takes a quick look over the documentation Alex provides while waiting for it to finish: Looking at the last placed notes to hopefully get a quick, general idea... Going through the whole code would likely take considerably longer.
Pearl wrote:Adding the root indices and having located and primed security matrices for deletion, I have finished my first draft for a program that should make the Genesect more agreeable for study. Although I am refraining from using it at this time- Not only will the unit remain extremely disagreeable during the whole process, likely needing to be forced into a position where the upload can be completed and executed, (Note to self: create "overload" method to stun it during this time) for which we lack the kind of firepower... My current overwrite would also be overwriting the beasts current "independence"- A trait I would like to investigate further to a point.

Still, given no other choice, the program as is would force Genesect into a reboot cycle. Upon reboot, it will imprint on the first person it sees- Following only their commands, and nothing else.
Having finished that, the PC seems to have finished booting as well... It doesn't seem to be a standard PC by any means- Seeming to server primarily as a kind of logging system, with limited additional functionality... As a few of the "logs" stand out:

-Goser
-Pearl
-Matthias
-Singularity Project
-Security measures

Bjorn

"No - you -don't - you - fat - bastard!" Bjorn yells out against the diggersby as they both struggle for his bag, feet soon pushing against it's fat belly... The thing is damned strong, though- Soon managing to rip itself loose as it hops back with it's prize, claws digging in Bjorn's backpack as it pulls out two bags of his pokefood, carrying one in each of it's claws... As it seems fit to at least toss the backpack to him, decking him in the face for 8 damage as part of the metal clings against him- And the Diggersby, prize in hand, seems quite content to leave now...

Phoenix

Can you get a message to her, like you talk to me? If so, tell her who I am, that I'm one of the trainers who fought Grimm, and tried to help save Regifae against the Godslayers.
Tell her that I and a few others are trying to fight against them, and we already have Diance on our side, and that she should contact me before I leave if she wants to help the fight.

"Assuming I could, even then I would not do that, I am afraid."

"I'm our little secret, after all- Remember?"

I don't know about that. I can think of a few people I wouldn't mind sharing a room with.
"Pfft. Better be careful, or you'll be sharing a couch with that monkey of yours."

If you're serious about that offer though, I should probably grab my stuff from there. I have a feeling that it might not be there in the morning if I leave it.
"Yeaaah, I guess so... How long you got still? Oughta load up another drink or two before we go..."

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

The trainers pull out their guns, and the joltik seem rather miffed in response... If they weren't already. Looks like it's a fight!

Straight away, Ochrana manages to hit quite a decent cluster of the spiders with a fairy lock, as Kay goes after one of the bugs at random, badly injuring it- But seems the electricity in these little buggers are making Kay's attacks not as effective as they could be...

Kay's attack is immediately followed up by one of the bigger joltik shooting at it with thick strands of web, fully entangling the bat pokemon and getting him thoroughly stuck! He's forced to land, and probably won't be able to get in range for melee attacks, barring something comes to him...

Irene then starts up a blessing and cheer, as Maguma aims for one of the bugs- Easily managing to knock out one, and injuring some adjacent ones...

Next, two joltik both spray down a bunch of electrified webbing towards the trainers- One cluster intended for Koa and Jeremy, although Koa manages to raise his wide guard and prevent the attack... While the other manages to hit Maguma, dealing 34(27) damage, and slowing him down a bit...

Max meanwhile gets off a brutal ember against one of the bugs, easily knocking it out.

Drake simply cheers for Ghos as he shadow balls a bug- Almost knocking it out...

Following that, three slowed joltik take their action- One hitting Ghos and Drake for 26 damage- Making it 15 and 20 respectively. Another one chooses to hook up Maguma in a spider web, just in case- And the last one hits Max with some electrified webbing, too.

Izzy then hits the biggest of the bunch with her blaster, dealing some hefty damage... Followed by another whole bunch of joltik spraying electric wiring- This time around hitting Kay and Ochrana, dealing 35(26) and 25(8) damage!

Isabella shouts out some brutal commands, while Jeremy decides he might as well and try to remove some of the joltik from battle by capturing one... Doing so successfully!

4 joltik are left, seeming to keep up their general strategy of spraying down electrified webs EVERYWHERE, pinning down a couple select targets... One seems to not like one of it's friends being captured, getting Jeremy stuck in a spider web- Before another electrified web shoots down towards both him and Koa, dealing 32 damage, 15 to Koa- Which, sadly, IS enough to open that old wound again... While the other two shoot at the fastest pokemon, being Ochrana and Kay- The one against Ochrana missing, as Kay is hit for 37(28) damage!

Atom finally punches one of the already injured joltik, finishing it off- Although as if the battle was not clustered enough already, another species of pokemon spider seems to let themselves be lowered from deeper in the branches, some backup to the electric spiders... They don't look quite as friendly as the yellow buggers...

Terrain: reflect(2)

joltik(20) heavily injured
Ochrana(20/22) 54/62 -1SPD
Drake(19/15) 50/70 -1 SPD
Irene(17)
2 joltik(16)
Kay(16/20) stuck, trapped 27/81 -2 SPD
3 joltik(15) #1,2,3 Fairy lock
Izzy(15)
Maguma(15/16) 37/64 -1 SPD, stuck, trapped
Ghos(14/15) 67/82 -1 SPD
Max(14/15) injured -1 SPD
3 joltik(12) #1 KO, #2 KO
Isabella(10)
Jeremy(10) stuck, trapped
Koa(10/11) 43/49 -1 SPD
3 joltik(6) #1 captured, #2 KO, #3 lightly injured
3 joltik(5)
Ariados(5)
Atom(4)
2 spinarak(3)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Haley keeps the programing for dummies on her, not yet reading the book for it would take too much time. "Aw she likes grass pokemon too!~ Okay the reboot cycle would probably be the best case but I don't want it to be loyal because it's forced. I may have to fix that later."

"Okay Alex, her favourite pokemon: bellosom, favourite food: pie, favourite planet: pluto. We got this! If that doesn't work tell me and I will go to security measures and find out what the pokemon is."

Haley goes to Singularity Project, trying to get as much information as she can. Shortly after she looks at Security measures.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:52 pm

"That's assuming Nixon somehow changed what the OS boot screen is, and that they went to the trouble of actually doing so if it's possible. Anyway, let's finish searching here before we head back out."
Alex moves to check Matthias's room.

Perception: 4
Intuition: 23
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Maguma sees the Ariados coming. Considering the swarm the group is already facing, Maguma decides to send a big ol' NOPE-blast at the much larger spider.
Fire Blast on Ariados: 1d20 = 7
4d10+10+26 = 58

(+5 non-modified damage from Expert Belt)

Koa had been hoping to stay out of the fight, but after that attack...
Injury penalty to CS from Electroweb: 1d5 = [5] = 5
...Koa's feeling even more slowed down than before as old wounds are made fresh. (-1 Spd)

Well, there's no need to hold back now.

Koa tries to separate a bit from the other trainers, not wanting to be grouped up for the Joltik to hit with more electrified webs. He'll then throw a rock at one of the weakened spiders to finish it.
Rock Tomb on weakened spider: 1d20 = 10
2d6+8+15 = 26

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:46 am

Drake will shoot a weak bug with his gun (unless someone want's to catch it)

Ghos will use a shadow ball of suck again on an unharmed target.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:52 pm

"Kay! Come on, don't give up!"

Commanders Orders: Agility Training [+4 Initiative x2]

Spurred on by Izzy's encouraging words, Kay rips at the webbing covering her, trying to break free with her talons (Take A Breather). She manages to get rid of most of it, but still isn't in any state to continue fighting. As soon as Kay is free, Izzy pulls out two Pokeballs - one she uses to recall her injured bat, while the other she chucks at the fastest Joltik.

Pokeball Roll (AC: 3, Capture: 80)

Unfortunately, her aim is a little.....off :roll:
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:31 pm

Breathing a sigh of a relief that the spiders are falling relatively quickly Irene calms down a little. Come on everyone we're burning through the compition in some cases literally. Ochrana follows up with hitting some of the not the fastest joltiks.

Irene: Go! Fight! Win! - Do your best. Everyone gets +1 sp. def and a motivation bonus they can expand to remove a negative combat stage like -1 spd
Ochrana fairy wind [1d20] = 9 [2d6+18] = 10+18 = 28

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:57 am

Bjorn wipes blood from his nose and growls. "Oh hells no!" He walks up behind the Diggersby, and quickly encasing his hand in ice, socks the Diggersby in the side of the head.

Ice Punch (Acc = 12; Dam = 27) (Super effective!)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Haley

Haley continues exploring the contents of the computer for now... Starting by opening the "Singularity Project" file- receiving something resembling almost a "diary entry" concerning the project...
Today, the Singularity project has officially started... An ambitious goal- To create a self-aware, artificial intelligence. In return, it is believed that this state of awareness, coupled with the mainframe providing it's calculations, would give it unprecedented calculating and prediction powers- And be able to answer the questions we have fed it.

To be honest, none of us are sure if there is any chance of it ever working out... In a reasonable time frame, at least. But the computer system was sitting on a mine of untapped potential regardless- Might as well use it for an interesting experiment... Even if I'd have to thoroughly check any of the code Pearl wanted to commit.

The concept on itself is simple- We have a series of "pods" running, each cycling through a different kind of simulation... Eventually, the simulation will lead to a "gateway"- Something the pod will be "forbidden" to access. Ignoring this command and entering regardless should, theoretically, be proof of "free will". This is followed by a series of questions that would be nigh impossible to answer for something with independent thought. Given that it succeeds with this, it will be given root access- And full power to continue to develop.

Each of us has had a different idea and process towards trying to achieve this goal... Although I'm not sure if any of them contain anything that'll manage to complete the process. Pearl, as I would have expected, has made a cold and brutally efficient algorithm. It will perform it's simulation, cut or add remove pieces of it as it's performance improves. The result will, eventually, be something that can perform it's tasks with brutal efficiency... Although I think it'll lack what is needed to pass through the gates.

Goser, meanwhile, has taken the "infinite monkeys" approach. With each and every instance, a random assessment of "garbage data" will be inserted, changing the simulations behavior. IN theory, this will eventually make for a simulation that just "happens" to contain the exact code needed to simulate an intelligence... But the odds of that happening somewhere within even a thousand years of running is one in a million- For some reason, this only convinces him it will...

Matthias meanwhile... He's not a scientist or programmer like the rest of us, but with the help of Pearl has made an "ethics machine"- Feeding his simulation questions and answers as if trying to teach a child... This solution I'm almost sure will not work at all- The simulation will just come to learn "hard" answers to the questions he poses, and won't derive actual ethics from it. Still, if it keeps him entertained.

And then I suppose there's my "simulation"...

I suppose that if anything, it proves that I've been the right candidate to be the warden for these men.

I'm just as mad as they are.
► Show Spoiler
Alex

Alex meanwhile, goes to search the last of the people rooms, which'd leave only the bathroom and freezer after this, if he'd be willing to bother... Finding the room he just entered to be quite a bit different than the others he's seen. It's... Generally messy, although not the bumbling mess of papers he had seen in Goser's room. It was more like a general mess, and the couple of papers he did see lying on the desk were mostly... Musical ones? Likely to go along with the guitar he's got standing in a corner of the room... The walls, however, are lined with pictures, drawings... Most seeming to be of those... Creatures they had seen in an earlier room..? The "probably fake" pokemon..? There's some other ones here, too, like some kind of bug lady, and another kind of... Jet lady? He drew some trees beside it that only reached to half it's height. It's... Kind of creepy, though. With the way he's been drawing some of them, it almost feels like he idolizes them...

Regardless, he has a small library here, too. Most of it seem to be historical journals, to the point he's either heard the general gist of them before, or are just truly uninteresting... But he does find a book that seem interesting- As well as a note...

Tinfoil Gospel: Your Primer on thwarting the
conspiracies of the New World Order

Description: An even more questionable tome, filled
with laughable conspiracy theories. Its mental exercises
are strangely effective, however.
Rank 1 - Novice Occult Education: You gain the Iron
Mind Edge and the Skill Stunt - Focus (resisting Telepathy).

Rank 2 - Expert Occult Education: Your Aura becomes
muddled and difficult to read. Pok├®mon and Trainers
with the Aura Reader Capability cannot discern the tint
of your Aura and must succeed on an opposed Intuition
or Focus Check vs your Occult Education or Focus in
order to read the hue of your Aura. Upon failure, they
may not attempt to read your Aura again for the remainder
of the Scene.
They've been talking about what should be done about these "threats"... Talks about setting up a "task force" that would deal with the fissures as they appear. But what harm have they done to us? The GRAND OVERSEER has never killed a single man- And his presence upon our world leaves us with such wonderful gifts! They see something they do not understand, and fear it... I see something I do not understand... But embrace it's beauty it can bring.
He can also vaguely hear what sounds like a struggle nearby...

Bjorn

Bjorn, rather pissed off, delivers a punch upon the diggersby... Not dealing quite as much damage as he'd have hoped for, most likely- As the rather angry rabbit turns around- Joined by two of it's smaller ilk jumping from the hole behind it to back it up!

Diggersby(15)
Bjorn(14)
2 bunnelby(11)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Haley sends Alex her annoyances.

Code: Select all

fucking hell this gives me zero info on the singularity project! None! I know it's a fuckin self aware ai!  Gives nothing shout how they actually went about it or anything!  fuck fuck fuck!  I got no fucking time for this!
Haley goes over security measures, video taping it with her dex.

After I get done woth this one if you want you can go over the files I have not gotten through.  I went through singularity project and security measures.  I need to make sure that we don't accidently release a murder ai on the workd and SPARKY is no help.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Hearing what sounds like a fight, and remembering Bjorn saying he wasn't alone, Alex rushes to the kitchen to help.

If I can act after arriving, bring out Roy and both attack a bunnelby with Force Palm.
Roy Force Palm: AC=10, Damage=52 (To-hit: 4)
Alex Force Palm: AC=14, damage=20 (To-hit: 2)

I need to work out how to manage things like Hustle so it's easier for you to know if it's a hit without me just saying so. And I don't trust myself to just remember the modifiers.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:53 am

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

The battle continues! The fastest of joltiks shoots down another electrified web, this time aiming at Izzy- Dealing 35(30) damage! Ochrana meanwhile goes after one of the slower joltik, dealing minor damage...

Drake meanwhileshoots one of the spiders, as Irene cheers everyone on, boosting their defenses! Some others of the faster joltik meanwhile resort to other moves as their electrified webbing is "refilling"- One paralyzing Drake, as the other one traps the klefki to the ground with another series of thick webbings!

Kay meanwhile takes a quick breather, shaking off most of the webbing... As the next three joltik choose to jump down and take a straight approach! one goes after Izzy, while another one goes for the still out Kay- While the final one directs itself to Atom... Dealing 18(13) and 18(5) damage to the former, while Atom is barely scratched by the attack... Following which Izzy saves Kay from any more abuse, and tries to capture the biggest of the joltiks- Albeit horribly missing.

Maguma meanwhile blasts a huge spout of fire towards the ariados, encountering no issues in knocking it out with one blow as it drops to the ground... Ghos meanwhile strikes another spider, badly injuring it, but not quite knocking it out. Max meanwhile bellows a flame towards one of the new spinarak- Easily knocking it out!

Following this, one badly injured joltik jumps down to Max, dealing some damage as it slashes at it... As Isabella decides to extract some personal vengeance for that, punching it and knocking it out! Jeremy meanwhile, seems to have noticed Izzy's intent and looks to help out by throwing a pester ball at it- Except it appears he's so hopelessly stuck he drops the ball of chemicals at his feet, and almost gets caught in the toxic cloud himself...

Koa meanwhile throws a rock at one of the already weakened spiders- Almost, but not quite knocking one of them out..! The now badly injured joltik decides to take it's revenge as it jumps down on top of the trainer, biting down for 27(10) damage.

The three remaining joltik meanwhile, hang back, opting to continue to incapitate some of the pokemon below... Managing to get Izzy, Koa and Drake stuck!

Atom meanwhile decides to finish Koa's job, knocking out one of the spiders with another punch... As the final remaining spinarak shoots down a constricting beam of web at Izzy for 20(15) damage- Slowing her down a bit in the process...

Terrain: reflect(2)
Everyone: +1 SDEF

Kay(20) 22/81 recalled
joltik(20) heavily injured
Ochrana(20/22) 54/62 -1SPD, stuck, trapped
Drake(19/15) 50/70 -1 SPD stuck, trapped
Irene(17)
2 joltik(16)
3 joltik(15) #1,2,3 Fairy lock
Maguma(15/16) 37/64 -1 SPD, stuck, trapped
Ghos(14/15) 67/82 -1 SPD
Max(14/15) injured -1 SPD
Izzy(14/15) 20/71 stuck, trapped -1 SPD
3 joltik(12) #1 KO, #2 KO #3KO
Isabella(10)
Jeremy(10) stuck, trapped
Koa(10/11) 33/49 -1 SPD stuck, trapped
3 joltik(6) #1 captured, #2 KO, # 3KO
3 joltik(5)
Ariados(5) KO
Atom(4) very lightly injured
2 spinarak(3) #1 KO
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:04 am

Maguma keeps up his assault, throwing another fireball at one of the uninjured Joltik.
Flame Burst on another Joltik: 1d20 = 6
2d10+10+26 = 48

(+5 unmodified damage from Expert Belt)

Koa, being Stuck as he is but still wanting to be useful, just releases Mali in case the worst should happen. He then throws another rock at one of the Joltik, hopefully an injured one to finish it.
Rock Tomb on weakened Joltik: 1d20 = 10
2d6+8+15 = 26

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:20 am

"Friggin' spiders!"

Struggling with the webbing, Izzy pulls out two more Pokeballs - one releasing Fern, while the other sails towards the fast, injured Joltik. Again.

And misses. Again.

Pokeball Roll (AC: 7, Capture: 44)

Probability Control AC: 12

...or not!

Fern is a little less useless, luckily. If there are any spiders on the ground, she Rollouts through them, trying to hit as many as possible. Otherwise, if there aren't any in range, she fires a barrage of pins at one of the slowest spider left.

Rollout (AC: 13, Damage: 23)
Pin Missile (AC: 4, 1d8: 2, Damage: 28)

Meanwhile, Maku continues to chill out waaaay at the back and be super Zen about this whole thing. Or maybe he's just super conscious of all the electricity flying around, and doesn't want to test how it interacts with his sweet new cloud.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Seeing that most of the eletric bugs seem to be falling quickly Irene quickly calls out Ms. Cuddles into her arms. "I know you're getting close... I won't be able to hug you for most longer, but you can hug me instead just don't squeeze to hard ok?"

"Izzy, Koa be careful the webbing can add up if it gets too heavy, and make you misjudge your movements. Though, I guess we can use it to bind your wound, but I digress Ms. Cuddles give a show with splackle!" At this point Ms. Cuddles leaps from Irene's arms to the sky to not-so-powerfully slam down onto the second Spinarack. Happily throwing the poor thing's aim off.

Irene
brings out Ms. Cuddles
moment of action 1 ap - Izzy and Koa get +1 ap and are excited
inspired training +1 evasion to Ms cuddles and she's also excited
probability control on Izzy's throw

Ms. Cuddles
splash shift action +2 to evasion
Ms. Cuddles tackle [1d20] = 5 [1d8+9] = 2+9 = 11
if tackle hits then Gleeful interference! the spinerack gets a -2 accuracy penalty for the round
as for tackles push... since 2 meters into the ground? Doesn't really make sense for push to take effect since Ms. Cuddles is dive bombing from abouve :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Haley
Haley curses a bit, before hoping that "security measures" reveals some actually useful info... Sadly, it appears this really IS a diary of some sort- Either that, or this Nixon person didn't really care to store "lists of information"... Although she might still glean a couple useful tidbits of info from it...
Goser has been taunting me- Suggesting he very much knows the answers to the "security questions" that have been provided as a back-up access method to the mainframe, although as outlined in his file, I do not expect him to act upon it. If anything, I'd believe he's trying to warn me: Change those questions before Pearl abuses it.

The truth of the matter is, and I shall state it clearly because I know you'll happen upon this log before you can try and complete your breakout... This is very much intentional.

In the unlikely case of my sudden death, some way had to be provided for the inmates to either get out, or contact someone on the outside... The mainframe hold a private connection to our commander and lead scientists office, giving them a way to contact those for help should the worst happen.

But while they might be able to trick the access door with security questions... The mainframe can't be tricked.

The mainframe will accept ONLY my personal input. And by extension, I am the only one who can operate the doors to the outside, barring help from there.

It will refuse to operate under any other condition.

I suppose this is part of the reason I've not allowed Pearl to try reformatting Genesect. A hostile breakout is the one scenario that might still have issues, and that thing would provide the firepower required. It is a good thing I believe Goser to be harmless...

But should such a thing occur, the final countermeasure will take care of that- The air filters expelling sleeping gas over the entire level.

So if you're reading this, Pearl- I hope that has been enough to make you reconsider your actions...
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:17 pm

"Hah! Hahahah! How did we not see we were played like fools!?" Haley says madly as she records the info in her eex with photos and does the same with the other logs she has not gotten through. She does not care about information at this point. She waits for the airlock to open before typing in the security questions, knowing full well she can't do much of anything but she has to try.

mainframe cant be tricked.  Going to try.  Think sparky led us astray so we have to make deal with him.  Also air ducks have sleeping gas. Fortunately we have hazmat suits