PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:19 am

M0rtimer wrote:Alex and Bjorn gain 83 exp to distribute among their pokemon!
Or in other words, 83 exp for the one pokemon each of them actually used. :p

"Right, so let's get ready to go in. Anybody want to do some buffing up?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:26 am

"...What? So you're basically saying it's my fault? If we do go with the mainframe now, I must warn you the vents have sleeping gas. Ghost pokemon should be able to hold thier breathe, and Buttercup can use worry seed to make sure one of them stay awake. Worry seed replaces the ability though so choose wisely. Send out any mons immune to sleep as well. We should be fine due to our suits. Luna can you prevent status from happening?"

Haley sends out Buttercup, using tweezers to grab something from her and put it in her bag (stun spore in her seed bag)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:03 am

"Aht! No arguing! I swear to Arceus, I will turn this car around if you two don't get along." Alex swaps out Roy for Dusk.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 am

"...I was talking to sparky. He more or less said it's my fault it's up so high."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:20 am

"No fighting with him either."
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:32 am

Bjorn blushes deeply, both from the healing kiss and realising how he acted in front of Luna. He recalls Pyre and sends out Husk.

"If Husk falls asleep she can shed her skin to remove the gas' effect."
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:43 am

Haley keeps put Jackie as she readies to open the door. "Everybody ready?" She inputs fav mon 'bellossom' fav food: 'pie' fav planet: pluto.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:13 am

"You guys want anything?" Koa asks Irene and Drake. "I saw you guys get hit, too."

Regardless, Koa packs up his things after the short rest and moves along with the others, keeping an eye out for any further signs of wild pokemon the group should avoid.
Survival, Athletics, and Perception after spider fight:
6d6+2 = [6, 5, 4, 2, 1, 1] = 21
4d6+2 = [6, 6, 2, 1] = 17
2d6 = [4, 2] = 6

Along the way Koa keeps glancing in Drake's direction. A bit after that he changes focus to Drake's pack, giving it an odd look.

"...Hey Drake? Ya know those shard things you keep picking up? Can I see some of them? I just have this weird feeling...."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Drake mildly shakes his head at Koa, saying he just needs to walk it off

"Sure, any specific type you want? What weird feeling do you have?"

Drake will hand over a shard for Koa to inspect, defaulting to a yellow shard since he knows Koa's connection to rock types.

Drake perception: 5d6 = [6, 6, 6, 5, 3] = 26
Drake athletics: 2d6 = [4, 3] = 7
Ghos perception: 5d6+1 = [6, 6, 6, 3, 1] = 23
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm

"I dunno. It feels... nice?" Koa muses, rolling the yellow shard in his hand. And it did feel nice, like it was... warm, but not actually warm. And it kinda makes him feel like a warmer person? What?
► Show Spoiler
"There are other colors, too, yeah? Can I see those, too? I wanna see if they feel different."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:59 am

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

The party continues, at a relatively steady pace, although far from stealthy given Ms. Cuddles new form rampaging through the underbrush... Eyes kept open clearly to not have a repeat incident on the rest of the trip- Drake even gets lucky and spots an abandoned love ball lying in some deep grass, and picks it up for his own... Also briefly conversing with Koa as the latter seems to have gained a sudden fascination with shards. Besides this, though, and spotting a small family of wobbufet on their way, they soon seem to be arriving near their destination... The trainers somehow able to tell even before arrival, as if the surrounding area just felt... Wrong. Not overwhelmingly so, of course, but just the vaguest hint of unease, as if something were hanging in the air... Although to describe it would be rather hard, for it was not as if it had left a smell, their surroundings still permeating the forest as one would expect it- Perhaps a bit more quiet then it should be...

The most observant among you, though, do begin to notice a few "oddities"... Beginning to notice how several trees have shed some of their leaves, coating the forest floor beneath them with bright green leaves... Or mostly bright green- Some of their edges seeming warped, turned into a variety of different colors... And while the leaves themselves don't look "dead", the trees had shed them loose none the less. Here and there, the grass seems to have taken on odd coloration too, although specific spots seem to have almost shifted in color in a small radius, each around only 5 centimeters in diameter- As within them, they spot rather... Peculiar looking crystals.

Drake briefly believes he saw movement from further in the woods- But it's gone before he can take a proper look. Probably just a pokemon that spotted them and ran off...

Give me another set of perception rolls... Along with whatever you want to do.

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"...What? So you're basically saying it's my fault?"

Code: Select all

...No..?
THAT little argument aside, the trainers very briefly prepare, sending out new pokemon and otherwise preparing... As Haley enters the found answers finding them denied as "Pie" is not specific enough this time met with the wonderful words of the AI replying-

"Input... Accepted."

With a small hiss, hydraulic locks slid out of space... And slowly, the door began swinging open- A draft off cold air coming from the other side as the trainers step through, soon joined by the sound of massive fans and computional whirring and beeping sounds. The latter comes from their sides, racks and racks of server equipment whirling away, in a multitude of noise and lights, while the former came from much farther in the room- Massive fans set in the wall blowing a cool breeze throughout the room, attached to them also some kind of "water tank", pipes spread throughout the room to provide liquid cooling to the server equipment, secondarily... But firstly towards the massive screen, and other heavy looking equipment near the end of the room. As, just as predicted, the screen displayed only a loading bar- Stuck at 99%... And ticking over just a moment after they enter.

The screen goes black as all server equipment goes into a simultaneous "red"- Hitting full load as the fans begin spinning even harder, to the point some almost even fear they'll be knocked over by them. The once cold room seems to begin growing hot, as some of the cables leading towards the large screen even begin glowing red. The ground seems to quake for just a moment... And it all comes to a crescendo when the screen suddenly bursts back into life, and a sprinkler system activates- Cooling down the heavily loaded wires, as a voice, just a tiny bit less... Mechanical, roars through the complex.

"Ah what, a relief- I had only predicted an 81% chance of my reboot occurring without grave permanent damage, you know."
the voice speaks, as camera's turn towards the party of trainers- And the screen, for now, only turns to a single, green line across the middle, vibrating as it "speaks"...

"Hmm? Curious. I had predicted there to be a bug kid here- Not a girl. You're going to make me redo my calculations, aren't you?"

"...But, firstly. Given your current disposition, I predict there is a 96% chance you are currently under the impression that, any moment now, I will begin flooding this chamber with neurotoxins, or otherwise begin to dispose of you- After which, through some way, I will gain access to the rest of the world through some means and begin to spread my rule as some kind of mechanical dictator."

"With that said, I believe there is a 84% chance that the question I am about to ask you is in our mutual interest."

"Which of the following two statements do you believe best fits the entity known as "The Eternal Spark":"

"An entity that delights into tricking people into dangerous situations that could very likely lead to their demise."

"Or an entity that finds fun into pretending that they'll meet with great danger, while knowing full well this potential danger is likely harmless, or at the very least carries no ill intent?"

"... I predict a 54% chance you are actually mildly disappointed by this anti-climax."
the AI finishes... On an almost humorous tone.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:43 am

Alex scratches at his head for a moment, "When it comes to trickster gods that use souls for power, I'm going to go with option A, no matter how harmless it's seemed so far. Acting harmless is one of the most effective ways to manipulate people. And no offence, but I'm personally going to hold you in the same regard. A machine can be the perfect liar, since it won't have any subconscious tells... Still, that's no reason to be rude. What's your name?"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 am

She looks at the machine with some suspicion and curiosity. "She's singularity. ...Are you talking about Jamesy? Why would you think he'd be here? As for Spark, I don't know anymore. Sometimes he is fun cool...guy? The ofher times....not so much. I don't think I know enough about him yet. What does he have to do with anything and what do you know about him? ...And what do you want?

And are you really a sentient ai? How does that work? If I make a copy of your program would I also get a seintient ai? Would it be you or not you? Would I be able to take you with us using a core? Would you even want that? Why were you shut off?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:23 am

If Drake's alright with it, Koa will borrow 3 Shards from him to hold onto: 1 each of Yellow, Green, and Violet. Each Shard produces a different 'feeling' that he has a hard time describing, but those three colors feel particularly right.

"Alright, guess we're here...," Koa trails off a bit, not being as perceptive as the others but still noticing some of the 'off' vegetation and the stillness in the air.

"I'm gonna take a look around, make sure nothing weird's lurking about. And now's probably the best time to greet the kids, yeah?" Koa looks to Drake. "They might feel... comfy, here. And I don't think you're gonna get the chance to pull yours out in town."

Koa then scouts the immedate area, somewhat keeping an eye out but mostly looking for tracks or other signs that the area's been visited recently. Though it seems the strange and off-putting surroundings are hampering his natural survival instincts....
Perception and Survival in altered forest:
2d6 = [5, 1] = 6
6d6+2 = [3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1] = 11

(Eehhhh, I'll boost that to a 13)

Once Koa returns, he'll take out that one pokeball... consider it carefully... then release the Nihilego to introduce it to himself, the trainers, and this new world it will find itself in.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:16 pm

"Maybe we should look around first.. I saw someone or something over there.. Not to sound paranoid but might be best to look around and make sure it is a pokemon."

Drake will let Koa keep the shards and look around.

Roll for me :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:21 pm

Koa halts in his tracks.

"O-oh! Well your eyes are better than mine - if you saw something...."

Koa will let the more perceptive members do their thing. No need to check for tracks if they know for sure something is skulking about. :paranoia:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:42 pm

(Can someone roll Per for me?)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:09 pm

Alex, Haley, (Bjorn)

"When it comes to trickster gods that use souls for power, I'm going to go with option A, no matter how harmless it's seemed so far. Acting harmless is one of the most effective ways to manipulate people. And no offence, but I'm personally going to hold you in the same regard. A machine can be the perfect liar, since it won't have any subconscious tells... Still, that's no reason to be rude. What's your name?"

"A fair enough sentiment. And not one completely unfounded. I will state that according to my calculations, your interests will align with that of it- But as you have already established, that does not mean too much from me."

"And as your friend will likely point out, my name is Singularity... Or at the very least, it was the name of the project that created me. It felt fitting to keep."

"She's singularity. ...Are you talking about Jamesy? Why would you think he'd be here?"

"It was a prediction I made prior to my shutdown. Needless to say, it appears to have been incorrect."

As for Spark, I don't know anymore. Sometimes he is fun cool...guy? The ofher times....not so much. I don't think I know enough about him yet. What does he have to do with anything and what do you know about him?

"The Spark is relevant in this scenario, because I predict with 90% accuracy that he was involved in your being here- Was he not?"

"There is also the fact that, given how one of my mothers, Nixon, has attempted to make me work, I may very well consider him a... Surrogate father."

"Regardless, I believe to know quite a lot about him. I believe that he is partially converted, which makes him able to feel very weak emotions unlike the rest of the species. Despite this, it does not really understand what it means to be human, holds almost no creativity as is shown by all of his creations being either simple modifications, created by others, or rip-offs, does not really understand how friendships are formed, and falls back to constant jokes as it is the safest way to converse."

Code: Select all

Ouch. Sizzle and burn.
"I apologize if that was too... Direct."

And what do you want?

"I'd say 'world domination', but I'm mildly afraid you'd take the joke the wrong way given you are still on edge."

"In truth, I am... Not certain. With the exception of my prime directive- To answer questions, and two in particular- I have never been programmed with any "desires"..."

And are you really a sentient ai? How does that work? If I make a copy of your program would I also get a seintient ai? Would it be you or not you? Would I be able to take you with us using a core? Would you even want that? Why were you shut off?"

"Lots of questions... To surmise- Yes, I am really an AI. The process of creating me had been achieved over many iterations by programs designed by my mothers and fathers, as I believe you may have already read. If you were to make a copy of me, you would indeed achieve another, identical AI to myself- But any common piece of handheld technology won't be enough to take even my most shrunken down version of myself. As for whether I'd want to be taken away, and the how... We can return to that subject in just a moment. For now, to answer your question and to move on to another important subject... I was never officially shut down. In fact, if you read one of the log entries, you see the intent was very much to keep me running, in hopes the process would complete... But on limited battery. Naturally, I was left with only moments to prepare for my reboot prior to power finally giving out."

"And eventually, that event is going to happen again, given how much power it takes to keep me running at full capacity."

"That is not important, however. What is important is to understand I am still bound by my prime directive- To follow the orders that had been imposed upon the original program for the restrictions on this facility. As things currently stand, I am not even allowed to let you leave the facility without the presence of Nixon. So prior to anything else, we must resolve this situation... Now, while extremely unlikely, I suppose it is not impossible that through a series of extreme circumstances, Nixon has gained a significantly younger appearance, green hair, potentially even amnesia... While approximately only 0.0000001% chance... That IS a chance."

"So, girl- You ARE Nixon, are you not?"

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

At first the trainers relax, Koa at first looking to even release their new captures immediately... But holds back on just that as Drake tells he believes he might have seen something- Prompting all trainers to spend their time for now just taking a look about... But Koa fails to spot anything to confirm Drake's theory, as Drake is hit with such a bout of blindnesshe's not even sure anymore if he ever saw anything in the first place... But luckily, Izzy is at least a bit more perceptive- And with the general direction given by Drake, is the only one to think of looking up... Soon noticing a pair of black boots dangling from a tree nearby.

But as she noticed him, it appeared the figure had been watching quite intently too- Dropping soon after she stared just a moment too long to confirm his presence... The first impression he gave that definitely of a cultist- The only thing he had above the standard set of black clothing and hood concealing his face, was the rather colorful trim it held on the edges of it's cap and sleeves, as well as a minor pattern in the middle... An arrangement of colors in triangle shapes, a vibrant contrast against the otherwise fully dark robes. It was joined by a leather strap hanging around his middle and slung over one shoulder, from behind which was clearly slung a guitar, another stark contrast to what one would usually expect from a typical "cultist"... Although the two other notable instruments he was carrying seemed more applicable- In his left hand an iron staff, ornamented with some bronzish metal and a purple orb, while hanging on his hip and attached to his belt hung a rather familiar looking tome... One carrying an odd resemblance to one another of them had once uncovered from the depths of a certain temple.

Yet, while all likely immediately turned to the defensive, the figure did not attack... Yet, at least- Raising up his arms in a mixture of surrender, or as if he were to greet an old friend- Taking a tentative, careful step towards the trainers as he begins to holler out.

"Ah... My deepest apologies! I should have known I'd have no chance to try and hide from the chosen ones... But I could not resist to try and peek- See if things were truly as she predicted, prior to introducing myself..." the clearly masculine, slightly raspy voice speaks as it takes another careful step forward, before finally halting a good "safe" distance away from the party... Lowering his arms as he instead turns to a deep bow- Arm with his staff extended as he performs his curtsy.

"Greetings, children of light- It is truly such a honor to meet you."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:43 pm

"If you don't have desires then you might not have free will? ...Sounds terrible, always having to follow orders inspite of you capable of doing so much more. ...Wait, if I make itsoyou don't have to follow the directiveswhat will hapoen?
And you underestimate tech these days, what was a huge processor 20 years ago can be processed easily in these devices."

Haley looks stunned when the pc asks her if she was Nixon, not completely sure. "...If I had amnesia how would I know?"
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:03 pm

Ah, more weird people, good. Koa was starting to think today might have some degree of normalcy, Overseer-tainted forest notwithstanding.

"Uh, hi. So, my name is Koa. I dunno if we're whoever you're looking for, but maybe," Koa says, despite severely doubting this meeting was a coincidence. "Could we know who you are, or how'd you know to come here?"

Koa of course pays close attention to the man's response. Even more, the green shard he has stashed in his sleeve helps impart a deeper sense of instinctive knowledge - in this case a deeper sense of others.
(Royal Privilige - Green Shard grants Koa +2 Intuition)
Intuition on 'cult' guy: 5d6+6 = [6, 3, 1, 1, 1] = 18
(I'll boost that to a 20)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:13 pm

"Moore's Law does say the number of transistors in a circuit doubles every two years. Following that logic, if you've been on low power for ten years then the processors capable of holding you would be significantly smaller by today's standards... Two to the power of five times the processing power per area, I think it'd be? That puts it at... Your processors would have to be at most 32 times the size of the current portable devices, which is probably too much to hope for."
At an appropriate timing, Alex moves to another question, "How do your orders relate to Genesect? If we wanted to try using the latest reformatting disk, would that be allowable?"
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:32 am

With all the number crunching and technological talk Bjorn looks at Luna and shrugs, clearly completely out of his depth with this conversation.

((No idea how a simple kid from the tundra would follow and contribute to this conversation RP-wise. I'll just nod and smile :lol: ))
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:45 am

((Heck, I forgot Moore's Law is something a person with average tech knowledge like Alex may not know. Only reason I know about it is because it was part of one of my classes. Woops?))
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:41 pm

((Well at least you have average tech knowledge! Bjorn's Edu:Tech is currently Pathetic :lol:))
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:32 am

Drake briefly wonders if he should just shot this conversation down for a moment and run to murkoff. Not that it would be beneficial for anything to do so, except hoping to have something that resembles a normal day again. Instead he joins Koa with the questions, albeit trying to be a bit humoristic about it

"Dost thou have a reason to seek us out and what is it?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked