PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 am

With a soft sigh she turns around and holds out the newly acquired idol. "Let me guess you need this? If you do could you tell me what you know about a skeleton key please?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:14 am

OK. If this girl(?) doesn't wanna be seen, Koa is happy to oblige! He beats a hasty retreat back into the parts of the maze he's familiar with, working his way back to the alchemy station. Maybe by the time Koa's done with his cooking, the owner of that static-y voice will have moved to a different part of the maze?

Eventually arriving back at the graveyard room, Koa lights a fire at the alchemy station and sets to work!
  1. Koa breaks down his 2 Razz Berries to get 150 Food Scrap.
  2. He uses 50 Food Scrap to split the Belue Berry into 2 Belue Preserves.
  3. He uses the Poffin Mixer for the first time, dumping in the 2 Belue Preserves. A few minutes later, two little blue pastries pop out: a Cool Poffin and a Tough Poffin!
  4. He uses his remaining 100 Food Scrap to make 2 Candy Bars.
With a bunch of new treats in his pockets, Koa makes his way back to where he heard that static-y girl's voice. Maybe she'll have moved somewhere different by now, and Koa could search the area?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Champ focuses as he runs up to the sableye doing a low sweep, hitting it hard with his foresight.

Drake focuses on getting to know the sableye

Champ low sweep: 1d20 = 19 2d10+10+17 = 40
Pokemaniac: 5d6 = [5, 5, 3, 2, 1] = 16

Champ can evolve
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:23 am

"Wait, that's it? You're just gonna...let me go? No weird challenge or anything like that?"

No longer tied up, Izzy isn't really sure what to think. The giant spider was still creepy as hell, but now that she was free to move, it didn't seem quite so scary.

"So....if you stay in this maze all the time, you must know a lot about it. Right? You wouldn't happen to know where the key for that door back there is, would you?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:11 am

Bjorn (having rejoined the others and handed back their pokeballs) also hands Alex and Haley a water filter each, then lets them address Hopper. He stands to the side of Hopper, ready to attack if he plays up.
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:29 am

I liked the results, but it just hit me that I would actually have to kill somebody. Even if she is a horrible person. I was planning on going along with it, but... It just hit me.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"Good. If you have the energy to be annoyed then you'll be fine, probably."

<Ugh... And what's that supposed to mean?> Numa "speaks", getting up and brushing herself off, very much pretending she's fine, getting up on both feet from once being a zorua.

<...It's still harder to talk like this than it used to be... Probably something with... Whatever happened. A first for many things today... Now- What am I going to make myself look like..." the zoroark says, seeming to be in deliberation- For now an illusion replacing herself with the "scary little kid" one.

"Hopper. We've put some consideration into the situation, and we think you may be missing some points regarding the severity of your current job because your emotional capabilities are lacking - emotion is often as significant in making the best decision as logic, after all. As such, for the sake of understanding everything clearly, would you mind evolving if we could provide a Dubious Disc?"

"So...Uhhh...How do you feel about evolving?"

There is a brief pause as Hopper seems to consider, Bjorn at the side if he tries anything funny... And soon might be required, as Hopper seems to make a run for it..! Stopped only in his tracks as Numa fires some kind of dark cloud attack at it, the porygon2 instantly falling asleep as it hits.

<I don't know what you're trying to do, but if you're trying to give it emotions when it has none currently... OBVIOUSLY it's not going to WANT it.">

<Do what you need to do, or I'm just going to eat his dreams...>

Irene

"Let me guess you need this? If you do could you tell me what you know about a skeleton key please?"

"Wha?" the rather... Regular looking trainer behind her says, with short curly hair and seeming to wear an "official" looking outfit, complete with a little "puffy" hat.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about, miss..? You've just been in here for a while, so I came in to make sure you hadn't accidentally gotten hurt or something. I mean, don't worry, it's not like there's a time limit or something- It's just that most finished by now." the trainer says, scratching behind his head as he continues.

"And, I mean... I can give you some general hints I guess if it helps you complete the maze- But I can't really just spoil something as big as that, yeah?"

Koa

Koa decides he wants nothing to do with the source of the voice, and runs off back to the alchemy bench! The tools there are a bit crude to what he usually uses, but still manages... Using the obviously preservative qualities of razz berries to coat some of the belue berry and turn it into preserves, before using it to make some poffins..! As well as some candy bars, while he's at it.

Soon he returns, and it does seem like the source of the noise has moved somewhat, although still close in this part of the maze... Although he does realize there's many paths- It's probably possible to either outright evade, pass by, or dodge... Whatever is making that noise. Right now, at least, it doesn't seem like he's too close...

Drake

As Drake yells out for the foresighted kick, Jack yells out his own command, too: "Bite through it! He can only do that so many times."

True to it's word, the already somewhat tanky sableye does take reduced damage... Even though that still means quite hefty damage to it, as it hits with a critical feint attack for 51(44) damage!

Flash uses remaining: 1
Myre(20/16) KO
crowley(19/15) conceded
cullen(19/11) KO
sandile(18/15) recalled
murkrow(16) KO
houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
Champ(9/5) 11/94
Sableye(5) heavily injured
Darfel(2) recalled

Izzy

"Wait, that's it? You're just gonna...let me go? No weird challenge or anything like that?"

"Hmm hmm, do you want a weird challenge, darling? Answer my questions three, or I shall make you a little snack? Those are high odds you're playing, darling, hmm, hmm..." it says, turning around and crawling back close again. There's a brief laugh as it once again seems to turn disinterested.

"Hmm, hmm... I've done my part, paid my tribute through you... That's all I have to do, hmm hmm."

"So....if you stay in this maze all the time, you must know a lot about it. Right? You wouldn't happen to know where the key for that door back there is, would you?"

"Oh, of course I do darling... But do you really wish to find out secrets you don't want the answer to? Hmm hmm... You can't just expect me to hand you the answer for free, either... You'd get a riddle at best: have you not met with the one that steals faces..?"

Phoenix

I liked the results, but it just hit me that I would actually have to kill somebody. Even if she is a horrible person. I was planning on going along with it, but... It just hit me.

"...Fine. If you are truly too weak of stomach to perform even such a simple task... There may at least be one alternative that'd make it so your efforts are not completely wasted."

"You could sell her out."

"Inform the higher ups of her ploy, and provide the proof she has so graciously given you. They will reward such information... As long as you are very careful about either making certain you let know you never even considered participating, or leave that part out completely- And have disappeared before it can be brought up further."

"But this path will not help you pave a path to greatness such as the other one would. You will be given a reward, plain cash most likely... And then dismissed. Considered another soldier."

"So what will it be, Phoenix?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:09 pm

With a sigh, Alex pulls out the dubious disk and tries to apply it to Hopper. "I had thought that maybe he would understand that having emotions is beneficial. There are things that a purely logical being is simply unable to comprehend, and that makes it a flawed existence, a weaker one. Now, while I work this out, you said before that my aura changed, right? What's that about? Did everyone's change?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Well this is spooky... dodging an ominous static noise in a pitch black maze.

At least she(?) wouldn't be able to hear Koa in return as he keeps his footsteps light and Stealthy. Koa strains his ears, making sure he doesn't accidentally round a corner and stumble into whoever or whatever that noise belongs to. He tries to keep an eye out for wherever that key may be, as well.

Intuition and Perception to dodge static voice and key search:
5d6+4 = [4, 3, 3, 2, 1] = 17
2d6 = [6, 6] = 12

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Haley takes picture of the dark sleeping attack "Errr. Go ahead and do it." She looks at Numa "I have an idea for your illusion!" Haley brings up a video of one of her favourite songs. "I think Lord Dominator would be really cool! And it's kind of fitting because she can change her appeance and how she sounds too!"

Haley shows off the picture she had of Numa doing the sleeping attack and looks at her with awe. Fluff Per for photo [5d6+5] = 17+5 = 22 "How did you do that? Got any other cool tricks?"
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Phoenix pauses for a second, listening to Midas. He then starts heading downstairs to the basement, looking for where the extra uniforms are kept.

Okay. I'll do it. Tell me where to go.
► Show Spoiler

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 am

"Oh, of course I do darling... But do you really wish to find out secrets you don't want the answer to? Hmm hmm... You can't just expect me to hand you the answer for free, either... You'd get a riddle at best: have you not met with the one that steals faces..?"

"Steals faces...? You mean that creepy girl, right? She knows where the key is?"

Intuition on spider-mum: 13

Assuming the spiders don't object, Izzy decides not to hang around and test her luck any more. Leaving the webbed room, she retraces her steps back to the exit. Pausing once again at the doorway, she considers what the spider-mum had said. If the girl had the key, or knew where it was, then her only option was to backtrack even more. What was it she'd said? If Izzy found both mirror fragments before getting caught, she'd....win? Win what? If it wasn't the key, then maybe she'd at least be able to ask where to find it.

Seeing how she was already halfway there, Izzy decides to give finding that last fragment another try. Heading back through the mirror room, she unlocks the door past it, moving down the corridor she'd ignored previously. She keeps her senses alert, knowing that creepy-girl was still out there, searching for her....

Perception: 23
Intuition: 14

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:15 am

Drake will switch to Darfel, you also forgot to give me the stuff from pokemaniac
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Alex, Haley, (Bjorn)

"I had thought that maybe he would understand that having emotions is beneficial. There are things that a purely logical being is simply unable to comprehend, and that makes it a flawed existence, a weaker one. Now, while I work this out, you said before that my aura changed, right? What's that about? Did everyone's change?"

<Not sure about that, bud. Like being logical and emotional sound like two different things to me. Like, you can probably be both...>

<Anyways, about your aura...> the girl continues in what is something that is obviously not her previous, "regular" talking- Even if she seems to be acting, or at least is under the pretense, that it is.

<It's just yours. Like it's still mostly the same, but it got more... Intense? Like it's grown more powerful or something... Honestly i'm probably not the best to ask about this since I've had this since birth, but... Per chance, you've been, like... Seeing things around people?>

<Although, I guess that's not all... I'm not sure how to explain it, though. Like your aura was just this one shtick, and it's still there, but there's also... Something else? It seems faint, weak, but not like it's supposed to be there. Fuck if I know what it's supposed to mean or be, though.>

"I have an idea for your illusion! I think Lord Dominator would be really cool! And it's kind of fitting because she can change her appeance and how she sounds too!" Haley says, showing off a video of the girl in question. Numa... Doesn't seem super interested, on first glance.

<I don't wanna be green! And the eyeliner seems a bit much. Also I'm not evil...>

<...Suppose I could take some inspiration, maybe... Like what, though- Wide hips..?>

"How did you do that? Got any other cool tricks?"

<Got it from my dad. Uncle. Whatever he might be in our little relationship. He's some kind of big shot god or something. Never met him, but my theory is he just couldn't keep something in his pants.>

<Guess that's it. Except I can also read aura's, eat dreams and stuff... My two idiot brothers can't do any of that.>

Following that, Alex finally... Just kind of touches the dubious disc on Hopper, not sure what else he'd be expected to do. At first thinking he's looking stupid as obviously nothing is happening... Right before the little hard disk begins spinning up on it's own accord, buzzing and creaking wildly like the sound of a hard drive breaking- And soon becomes shrouded in white light as Hopper evolves..!

He's soon to wake up after the process, looking a bit... "Mad" once it was complete. In both senses of the word, at first, it's movements erratic and eyes darting everywhere, as Alex can see it's aura going "haywire" with a million of blue screens popping up with garbage data... And before anyone else can do anything, it quickly jumps into what remains of Hopper-bot- Trying to get up as a broken screen flares to life, whatever image it is trying to relay heavily distorted, but with the damage that was done earlier all Hopper manages to do is raise an arm as the automaton's legs have ceased function... But it's voice box functioned, at least.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"My mind is... Ah goodness, it's in overdrive! So much processing power- So much threads! It's an overflow, critical error, it's..."

With the rush of evolution beginning to ween, Hopper slowly seems to be calming down, which is most clear to Alex as he sees the now... Pale- As in, not sure of what it's emotions are just yet- aura of Hopper slowly begin to settle down, screens still popping up erratically, but now under some kind of control. There seemed to be a pause which was but a second long, but probably felt a lot longer to the pokemon AI.

"...I'm a horrible person, aren't I?"

Koa

Koa continues, managing to keep a decent distance between himself and... Whatever that sound might be. At least, as far as both his intuition and perception are telling him... And given that he manages to spot what seems to be a trap- Some kind of little skeleton statue ready to play a loud sound or something similar- He's guessing that for now at least his game is on point as he continues... His searching for a way to continue- Or anything but just another dead end, though, soon is turning him to get closer and closer towards the sound of the noise, and it seems to be moving slowly closer... While he's debating whether to hide in a side passage and hope it passes or backtrack, though, one of the dead ends he was going through does contain something else. It's not an exit, but... It's some kind of mirror shard? Like half of a small hand mirror, it looks like...

(I will also take some stealth rolls- Keeping in mind your capability that your movement doesn't make a noise...)

Phoenix

Okay. I'll do it. Tell me where to go.
"It is good you see reason."

"Let us get down to business. We will need to go through an employee entrance to reach the basement. That ID card you have should work to open the door, but stealth will be the name of the game. Once we're in the basement... It's not unlikely to think we may need to knock out a guard for a while, stow him away. Once we grabbed you an uniform however, all should be clear."

"You think you can manage that?"

Izzy

"Steals faces...? You mean that creepy girl, right? She knows where the key is?"

"Hmm hmm... Darling, did I not say all you'd be getting from me was a riddle..? Hmm hmm... I'm sure you can make your own decisions."

And with that, Izzy decides to make the "genius" choice of... Heading back into the part of the maze where a creepy girl is trying to hunt her down. She only has one more of those mirror shards to find, right..? Can't be that hard...

So back in the maze it is..! Opening the door, she's quick to start searching dead ends yet unexplored, dodging a trap in the very first hallway she goes down... But it seems she's having her lucky day- The very next one seeming to contain the very item she needs..!

...Even as she's left with very little time to celebrate.

"Well, poo. And here I was just about to show you what I do to cheaters around here..."

"Then again... Technically, you've not picked up the last piece yet, have you..?"

Turns out creepy girl managed to sneak up to right behind her- Probably having been stalking her from the moment she heard the door being unlocked..!

Drake

Drake recalls champ in favor of Darfel- As the sableye takes the free action to move in with a set of furious swipes, dealing 53(42) damage!

Myre(20/16) KO
crowley(19/15) conceded
cullen(19/11) KO
sandile(18/15) recalled
murkrow(16) KO
houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
Champ(9/5) 11/94 recalled
Darfel(6/2) 32/66
Sableye(5) heavily injured
Darfel(2) recalled

(I did forget. It's lax nature with keen eye and frighten.)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:14 pm

"Aww. I just thought it would be cool. Green would stick out, huh? Ooh! What about Garnet! She kicks ass and is like super chill!"
Haley looks at Numa confused and suddenly snickers. "That sounds silly. Why would a super powerful god-thing want to do ..."

She looks up at Hopper once it starts panicing. "Would you like help repairing that? And um why do you say that?"

Haley then remembers something "Um... I remember hearing bleating when you were arguing with Tex. Does this mean the skiddo is still alive? And um...w-would you still n-need it?"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Alex nods at Numa's thoughts, "I have been seeing things, yes. For a while I thought I was just going crazy, cracked under the pressure. I don't get what this change is, though. You called it aura, so... It's like a projection of the soul? Getting more powerful I guess I can understand, but actually changing? Wouldn't that need a person's personality to change pretty significantly? And it didn't just change, something was added... Can you describe what it looks like?"

"...I'm a horrible person, aren't I?"
"Depends on your definition. Psychotic, maybe, since you didn't really have your emotions active. Tex I might call a horrible person, since he really doesn't care about anyone but himself, but whether you're a horrible person depends on whether you get your act straight now."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Koa pockets the mirror shard. Maybe it was part of yet another puzzle? Koa doesn't have time to think about it right now, as the static seems to be getting closer...?

Intuition, Perception, and Stealth for more static girl dodging:
5d6+4 = [6, 6, 2, 2, 1] = 21
2d6 = [2, 1] = 3
1d6 = [6] = 6

Koa continues making his way through the maze, still trying to look for that key as well as keeping away from that static-y noise. He does his best to remain unseen on top of being quiet!

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:36 pm

"Wha?"

"I'm not sure what you're talking about, miss..? You've just been in here for a while, so I came in to make sure you hadn't accidentally gotten hurt or something. I mean, don't worry, it's not like there's a time limit or something- It's just that most finished by now."

"And, I mean... I can give you some general hints I guess if it helps you complete the maze- But I can't really just spoil something as big as that, yeah?"

"Oh, sorry I just assumed that after the whole drink of the dead business I just sort of assumed that there would be a ghost who would need the idol. " Irene plainly states, aware of how crazy that sentence would sound outside of this dungeon.
"You know I've already completed the maze portion more or less." Irene informs the trainer pulling out all of the idols she has. "and the murkrow one was stolen from me, but I got this lantern from that expierence. It's just at the end I found the room that only opens with four idols and in that room is a keyhole. I already know that there's a key, I'm just stuck searching the entire maze for it... It's not something big, it's just speeding up my search for it ok?" Irene tries to coax the trainer infront of her. I mean the maze is scary, and like you said I've already been in here longer then average.
irene charm [5d6] = 16

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:11 pm

I believe I can. Phoenix heads down the stairs, being as stealthy as he can. Kind of

Stealth=11

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 am

The happiness Izzy feels at finding what she's looking for is quickly replaced by shock, surprise, and regret. Why hadn't she been checking behind her?! She doesn't spend long worrying about it though, jumping straight into action with a before the girl can get any closer.

"NOPE!"

Surging forward faster than she's ever flown before, Izzy lunges for the mirror fragment. She tries to block out thoughts of the girl grabbing at her heels, hoping she'll just be fast enough....

- Flight [1AP]: Gain a Sky speed of your Levitate speed + Acrobatics/Perception Rank (6+5=11).
- Sprint [Standard Action]: Increase Movement speeds by 50% for the turn (16 Sky).

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:13 pm

Darfel lets out a cloud of spores, debilitating the sableye by paralyzing it. As the sableye is distracted by the cloud and have a hard time moving, Darfel hops away while trying to drain the sableye.

Mega drain: 1d20 = 19 2d6+8+18 = 32
Spores: 1d6 = [3] = 3
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:57 pm

Alex, Haley, (Bjorn)

"Aww. I just thought it would be cool. Green would stick out, huh? Ooh! What about Garnet! She kicks ass and is like super chill!"

<And what is this "Garnet" like..?> asks Numa, as Haley presumably shows her garnet from Steven Universe... There's a brief pause before she eventually gives her "opinion" on the matter:

<What's your obsession with wide hips..? And red is not exactly subtle, either.>

"That sounds silly. Why would a super powerful god-thing want to do ..."

Numa shrugs. <I dunno. Story goes that he just 'blessed' me when I was in an egg still, before he dragged off my real dad to whatever thing he needed doing. You make your own picture.>

"Um... I remember hearing bleating when you were arguing with Tex. Does this mean the skiddo is still alive? And um...w-would you still n-need it?"

Numa's eyes widen for a moment as she seems to recall something only just now, but quickly turns back to her usual "stern and grumpy".

<Oh, yeah. Well, obviously given that you were it's owner or something, I wasn't just gonna off it if it wasn't already dead. Seemed to still have a pulse, so I gave it some water and otherwise let it be.>

<Probably still pretty injured, but he'll be fine. Do whatever you want with it.>

"I have been seeing things, yes. For a while I thought I was just going crazy, cracked under the pressure. I don't get what this change is, though. You called it aura, so... It's like a projection of the soul? Getting more powerful I guess I can understand, but actually changing? Wouldn't that need a person's personality to change pretty significantly? And it didn't just change, something was added... Can you describe what it looks like?"

<I probably ain't the person to ask. It's just something I've had all my life and figured out the basics off. It's not like I'm some kind of scholar who actually knows what it all means.>

<But basically, yeah. The things you gotta watch out for is hue and intensity. Light auras usually mean happy thoughts, while darker auras mean nastier thoughts. Maybe the color of an aura can also mean something, but I dunno about that. They are supposed to be rather static, though... Unless like you said, something drastic happened.>

<So yeah, not sure what's going on with yours. Like, your aura IS still the same. There's just this... How do I describe it... Oh, you know how sometimes you start up one of those screen machines and you only get this black and white grainy screen? It's like some kind of ball surrounded by that kind of stuff. Can you rotate for a second?> the girl asks, nodding as Alex turns around, and... Eventually gets to see this mysterious part of his aura himself. Like Numa tried to describe, it is some kind of globe, much fainter than the rest of his aura, and seeming surrounded in some kind of "static"... Also strangely, and explaining why Numa wanted him to try turning around until he eventually spotted it, was that unlike most parts of aura which would "rotate" around with him, this particular little thing just seemed to be trailing in his shadow... As he jumps backwards seeing Numa throw a dark pulse attack straight through it.

<Sorry. Just making sure you weren't being haunted by a ghost or something.>

<Anyways, I dunno. Find someone that knows more about aura's, or meditate on it or something. We got other priorities for now, anyways.>

And that they do- As after finishing their conversation with Numa (for now, at least) comes the debacle with Hopper... Who seems to be going through a crisis of sorts.

"Would you like help repairing that? And um why do you say that?"

"Depends on your definition. Psychotic, maybe, since you didn't really have your emotions active. Tex I might call a horrible person, since he really doesn't care about anyone but himself, but whether you're a horrible person depends on whether you get your act straight now."

"Ah, I... Do think I would appreciate having at least the motor functions repaired, yes. I suppose a voice box will do for now. As for why I'm saying it..." Hopper says, seeming to pause for several seconds as if even he's having trouble explaining the why, only eventually continuing on a related tangent.

"Please don't judge my master too harshly. I would not say he's horrible or evil as much as he's just... Bitter and disillusioned. I think most would be, thrown in his situation.
But over the years it festered in a disease, and I... Didn't care. It was not my purpose to care. It was my purpose to follow orders. And oh, how I did..."

"I think he's never considered himself the bad guy, or at least not as bad as he could be. Certainly, many of the tasks given were not morally correct, but... He always had his limits. We'd never kill, we'd avoid battles were possible, we'd do this and that... If it hadn't been for that, I'd... I'd likely have done things I could never wash off."

"But most of it was me. I did whatever the job required with brutal efficiency. Knowing full well that what we were doing was wrong, I still learned to skirt the edges of what was and wasn't allowed. You've seen me do it before."

"And now, reviewing all these logs... Honestly, I think my processes were just an inch away from actually becoming such a person. I think the only thing that was stopping me from staying such a horrible person was that the intent had always been to help master Tex. I just... Always chose the easy way out, rather than confront him on matters long past."

"...If I can even have the gall to consider saying that I'm sorry. For all I know, this moment of shame will pass, and I'm right back to where I once was."

His aura seems somewhat dark, although not malicious, with definite hints of light in it... The aura might be dark simply given the darker nature of the conversation that's going on- It all sounds genuine, at the very least.
► Show Spoiler
Koa

Koa makes a quick getaway, even though he can no longer tell where exactly the static noise is coming from, too focused on the "getaway" part... Which goes fine, right up until in his whole getaway spiel, he rushes just a bit too much... And unleashes a LOUD trumpet sound from a nearby skeleton animatronic..! Well, whatever might be in this part of the maze is now most certainly going to be coming straight for him..!

(Athletics if you want to try running away, stealth if you want to try and hide somewhere- Unless you have a different idea...)
Irene

"Oh, sorry I just assumed that after the whole drink of the dead business I just sort of assumed that there would be a ghost who would need the idol. "
"You know I've already completed the maze portion more or less. And the murkrow one was stolen from me, but I got this lantern from that expierence. It's just at the end I found the room that only opens with four idols and in that room is a keyhole. I already know that there's a key, I'm just stuck searching the entire maze for it... It's not something big, it's just speeding up my search for it ok? I mean the maze is scary, and like you said I've already been in here longer then average."

"Heh... Fair enough miss, although I'm still afraid I can't really just say what you have to do. I mean we do have the occasional person who isn't really scared by this little stand or the creepy clowns on the other side, but eventually they do give up if they can't figure it out. It's just par of the course."

"I suppose... I can tell you that you're on the right side if you're looking for the key. And there is a way to recover lost idols... But usually it's not worth it."

Phoenix

Under Midas' guidance, Phoenix finds the stairs leading down into the basement... Where he waits patiently for an open moment to go through without anyone seeing- Quickly slipping in and down the stairs, where he instantly has to hide once again. There are people down here, although most seem to be "moving through", with just a couple seeming stationed there. There also seem to be a couple camera's, which... Might make it hard to try and just sneak through, if he can't tell if someone is watching the screen on the other end.

"Hmm, we need to be in the room on the other side of the hallway... I think just stealth might not be enough this time around. My advice would be to... Act natural. And do try to not stare directly in any of the cameras..."

Izzy

Izzy wasn't having none of it... Suddenly rocketing forward with such speed the girl behind her must be worried she'd hit the wall with such force she'd hurt herself- In each case, she's fast enough to outrun her, certainly... And apparently, also fast enough to dodge any quick grab the girl might have tried, as she takes hold of the second mirror fragment and claims victory..! The girl, now again obscured by the darkness, seems to slowly clap her hands.

"Haha, wow. Gotta admit- That's always been cool."

"Well, congratulations. You win, and stuff... Here-"
she says, Izzy soon finding a metallic object flying in her direction- Hitting the floor in front of her, as she kneels over to pick it up.

OBTAINED THE SKELETON KEY: The secrets of the maze open themselves to you.

"Toodles!" the girl says- Already off to leave Izzy with what she wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Drake

Darfel manages to paralyze the sableye, before hopping a small distance away- Although it's all for naught as it manages to ignore the paralysis for now, and strikes Darfel for 52(41) damage with a shadow sneak- Knocking him out!

Myre(20/16) KO
crowley(19/15) conceded
cullen(19/11) KO
sandile(18/15) recalled
murkrow(16) KO
houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
Champ(9/5) 33/94 recalled
Darfel(6/2) KO
Sableye(5) heavily injured, paralyzed

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:42 pm

► Show Spoiler
Alex nods, "I can only guess at what you've done in the past, but I can say that you might be the best hope of helping Tex be a better person. It depends on how he thinks of you, really, but you're still the only hope I know of. Maybe if he has family or somebody he loves they could help too, but I kind of doubt someone like him has anyone he cares about anymore..."
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Woops, time to go! Koa dashes back through the parts of the maze he's familiar with, Stealthily leaving the tooting skeleton behind.
Athletics and Survival to flee noise:
4d6+2 = [6, 6, 5, 1] = 20
6d6+2 = [6, 5, 4, 4, 1, 1] = 23

Assuming he manages to get away, he... takes another crack at it? That key has to be somewhere in here, right?
Intuition, Perception, and Stealth after fleeing noise:
5d6+4 = [6, 5, 4, 2, 1] = 22
2d6 = [3, 1] = 4
1d6 = [2] = 2

► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:18 pm

"Heh... Fair enough miss, although I'm still afraid I can't really just say what you have to do. I mean we do have the occasional person who isn't really scared by this little stand or the creepy clowns on the other side, but eventually they do give up if they can't figure it out. It's just par of the course."

"I suppose... I can tell you that you're on the right side if you're looking for the key. And there is a way to recover lost idols... But usually it's not worth it."

Ah, to be fair I have been scared plenty, but when your first expierence as a trainer is fighting a murderous dusknoir while dealing with a throng of possessed peole it toughens you up... at this point trying to break away from the memories of not even a week ago, and to attempt to fluster the guy here she asks.
So if I stay in here long enough, will you bring me something to eat so I don't starve? Or will you just let me whither away looking for a key while being chased down?
irene charm [5d6] = 14
► Show Spoiler
after what has probable a failed attempt at getting some unintentional information Irene countinues the exploration of the maze
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 12 Irene perception [2d6] = 10 Intuition [2d6] = 9
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 20 Irene perception [2d6] = 8 Intuition [2d6] = 11
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 10 Irene perception [2d6] = 5 Intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14 Irene perception [2d6] = 6 Intuition [2d6] = 3