PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Swift is a friendly attack. It doesn't hurt allies even if it's in the effect.

Jackie uses counter, reducing the damage she takes from tsaseenna and sending the full damage back to her!

(And I dont know what the difference is between those two)

Jackie can evolve!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:49 pm

"Heeeh? I assumed it was doing something to that aura, but I guess that's from whatever's inside? Which god have you abused and crammed in there, for such a firework show? As for your request that we stop hostilities... Much as I'd like to talk everything out, the other guy is a hothead, doesn't listen to me. Well, the godslayers are a criminal organisation anyway, however you try to portray yourselves, after bringing that god into the stadium, so there's no reason I should actually believe anything about legitimacy anyway."

<Mercury, help out with that tsareena.>

Air Cutter (Tsareena): AC= 8 9, Damage = 18 (Extra AC because I forgot to account for Focused Training).
Alex Readies his shield (Slowed, +4 Evasion, +10DR), and brings out Roy.

(Luna put that Lucario to sleep and then immediately attacked it. Tactical genius. >.> )
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:48 am

Phoenix shrugs, pretending to look uninterested. I'm fresh off the boat from Kanto. I figured this was a good a place to start as any until I get a foothold here in the Isles.

Mentally, Phoenix is getting nervous. So... you're going to take care of that, right Midas? Like... soon?
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 am

Frowning, Izzy pulls out her sketchbook and starts making notes in the back. This stuff sounded important - especially that bit about the 18 "slates of power". Pity she had no clue how or why....

Maybe the Chamber of Ancients chapter would explain it a bit better?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Koa

Koa wondered about this strange thing for a moment, but eventually just shrugs it aside for a moment... Intent on delving further into the secrets of this place, starting with searching the local area, first- Figuring that just like the other side of the maze, there might be a door here, too... And finds his suspicions confirmed as his intuition leads him to a "mirroring" spot before too long... Now, his lantern revealing etched upon the walls what he'd have found impossible to see with the naked eye before- A door, and a keyhole... Using the skeleton key he had found earlier to turn the lock, and reveal the insides...

The insides are... Once again, perhaps slightly... Ominous. Rather than what seemed like a shoddy, forgotten room though, this one looked like... A tomb. Quite literally, in fact. To the left and right, on a slightly elevated platform and behind a bunch of grates, a whole load of candles, still burning... While in the midst of the room, there was a stone casket. At it's bottom, lay a bunch of withered flowers... And another VHS tape.

Irene

Shock delivers a nasty shock wave, almost knocking out the sableye..! But not quite, as on his turn the sableye is recalled in favor of a sandile...

(31/21)Etoile 12/73 recalled
(17)Shock 63/78 +1 def, +2 evasion, +4 save checks, excited(2), motivated(4), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye badly injured, recalled

Phoenix

I'm fresh off the boat from Kanto. I figured this was a good a place to start as any until I get a foothold here in the Isles.

"Oh..? Really now..?"
the girl asks, leaning closer over to the counter, seeming to not know the definition of "personal space" as her face comes only inches away from his. "Now, that's funny... I don't remember hearing about any new personnel coming in from there..."

The prospect of the crazy girl potentially being on to him is not helping calm his nerves in the slightest... Especially when his supposed ally didn't seem to be helping in resolving a little something before it ends up becoming fatal.

So... you're going to take care of that, right Midas? Like... soon?

"Oh, Phoenix. I do apologize in advance..."

"But I only said I can do it."

"I did not say I would."

"Now before you begin to panic and do something stupid, however. Allow me to say that I've no interest in seeing you dead."

"To the contrary. I've been quite happy with our little arrangement so far. I would hate for this little trick I have to pull on you to spoil that."

"But the truth of the matter is, I have a couple of ambitions of my own to achieve, too."

"Ones I believe you would not idly agree with."

"And so I believe we shall make a little deal instead."

Izzy

Izzy scribbles down a couple notes, before continuing to read... Moving on to the second, unread chapter.
The Chamber of ancients, is another oddity that, similar to the hall of origin, is a place the builder is now considered the custodian of. It is believed that Arceus, too, created this room, as a place for the gods to meet and debate.
It is for this reason that it's main antechamber exists, with seats for each of the gods, with some to spare. Although one would be right in assuming that this alone would be hard pressed to make this spot more important than any other, as a simple room and table could be easily replaced.

The significance of the chamber of ancients, lies within the secret it holds- One that even the gods seem to be unsure of what it may be, or at the very least, vehemently have denied knowledge off- In either case, leaving the secret perhaps something best closed off as it has been since the dawn of time.

Beneath the Chamber of Ancients, there is a door.

A door that takes eighteen keys to open.

It is this door that seems to hold the chamber in such high regards, and I will likely see myself scolded for mentioning it's presence within this book... But I am a believer that knowledge should not be hidden- And while the knowledge of the door is a secret, it is an open one. In truth, only the gods have the power to open it- And as they have sworn to never do so, we will likely never know what lies within.
Izzy finishes the chapter, likely with as many questions as answers... Before pausing- Seeming to notice... Something else at the bottom of the page.
You need to REMEMBER
Izzy blinks- And the text is gone. Wait... Was there text there..? Wait, no, there was... She needed to... Remember. But... Remember what? What changed..?

She can't help but have a light headache following that... Hopefully it'll pass.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Ah, so there were more candles, Koa thinks to lighten his mood. On that note, Koa doesn't spend too long in this spooky place, taking the cassette tape and beating a hasty retreat back out of the tomb room.

Following that, Koa makes his way to and through the closed door he found earlier. He wonders whether this is the same door that blocked him off in Hilda's room or if there was still a ways to go? It might be the latter, if the two halves of the maze are mirrored. He hasn't found a TM machine in this half, like the Snarl machine in the other.

If there's nothing particularly interesting between here and Hilda's room, Koa will continue on through (waving to Hilda and holding up the lantern triumphantly along the way) and back to the idol-pedestal room. With both the lantern and the skeleton key, it was time to see what was beyond that second door!

Intiuition and Perception after second cassette (if needed):
5d6+4 = [4, 3, 3, 1, 1] = 16
2d6 = [6, 5] = 11

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Seeing how close the sableye is to being knock out Shock dive bombs the creature before they escape to safety!

Of course when it's time for the Sandile to act that leaves Shock close to the ground.
"Keep it up! You're doing great, giving them a real shocking performance!"

Interupt: pursuit

Shock Pursuit [1d20] = 12 [2d8+25] = 32

Irene
inspiration training
cheer leader - motivated

(17)Shock 63/78 +1 def, +2 evasion, +4 save checks, excited(2), motivated(5), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye ???

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Phoenix not puts a board look on his face and gives a small eye roll. And they tell you anything?

Fine then, spill. What are your demands.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:41 am

Sneak spins and in the same movement launches at the pilot that shot him, striking him in the face.
Quick Attack (AC= 8; Damage = 27)

Bjorn balls more ice around his fist and slugs the already injured Euler in the stomach, before releasing Husk.
Ice Punch(AC = 11; Damage = 29)
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 am

Remember.....

Massaging her forehead, Izzy puts the book away. Maybe that was enough reading for now - the stress of everything that had happened over the last few days was probably starting to catch up to her. If she wasn't careful, she'd start seeing more than just words which weren't there.

Still though, what she'd found was interesting. 18 Plates, 18 Keys, 18 Types, 18 Temples....it was hard to deny there had to be a connection there. The Plates were the Keys, maybe? It made sense - the gods were obviously going to put most of their efforts into protecting their gifts from Arceus, so having to also protect a key would be just added work. Making them the same thing would half their workload easily.

And....wait, the box!

Of course! That was exactly what had been stolen from the Fairy Temple! Maybe the Godslayers were after whatever was behind the door? But then...they'd need to find the Chamber of Ancients first, wouldn't they? Unless Jack was right, and they already knew where it was along with the other Temples.

Speaking of which, she should probably start making notes about those, too. Jack had pointed out a couple for her, but what about the others? Going back to her sketch/notebook, she writes down what she knows about the temple locations so far, as well as a few guesses for the ones she doesn't.
Electric - Thunder plains
Flying - Windswept Isle
Steel - Ironblight Island
Poison - Deadly deadly swamp
Ice - North somewhere?
Normal - ???
Fire - Hamachi?
Rock - Mountains? Hamchi too?
Ground - Middle of the desert, probably D:
Ghost - Hantu
Fighting - ???
Psychic - ???
Bug - A big forest?
Grass - A (different) big forest?
Water - In the sea? Or an (underwater?) island somewhere really remote
Dark - Underground somewhere? Not near Murkoff
Dragon - Top of a mountain, I guess? Somewhere with lots of dragons
Fairy - Known

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Sneak targets for Euler 2, cracking his nose as he deals some damage... While Bjorn focuses on the already injured- Almost knocking him out, but not quite..!

The Lucario keeps in a defensive position, ready to intercept for it's trainer... While Jackie meanwhile counters the attack the Tsareena performed... Bathed in a bright glow as he does, evolving..!

Jackie has evolved in an electabuzz!

Funnily enough this is immediately followed by the electabuzz showing deference, the haughty plant cutting sharply into his special attack...

Next up is the castform, who uses his power over the weather to briefly turn the day bright... But under the scientists instruction, does it without removing the existing rain effect..! It is quick to abuse that to take on a fire form regardless, though, sending out a weather ball at Mercury for 51(50) damage..!

Luna meanwhile, attempts to enrage the so called admin... But fails to make any impression.

The godslayer scientist meanwhile touches what seems like a multi-colored gem embedded as an accessory in his suit, soon waving up his arm as he creates a rainbow over the battlefield... Inspiring allies! He also sends out a poliwhirl.

The two Eulers meanwhile, continue fighting... The first one hitting Bjorn with a body slam for 44(36) damage, knocking him out..! The second Euler keeps himself focused on Sneak, now hitting with a melee attack for 41(31) damage.

Pascal sends out a crustle, while speaking another hex... Putting Dusk to sleep! She also releases a crustle...

"Heeeh? I assumed it was doing something to that aura, but I guess that's from whatever's inside? Which god have you abused and crammed in there, for such a firework show? As for your request that we stop hostilities... Much as I'd like to talk everything out, the other guy is a hothead, doesn't listen to me. Well, the godslayers are a criminal organisation anyway, however you try to portray yourselves, after bringing that god into the stadium, so there's no reason I should actually believe anything about legitimacy anyway."

"What..? What are you talking about..? I don't even... Work on that!"

"...I am not sure what your experiences might have been, but I believe you must be mistaken in some way."

As far as Alex can tell- And certainly for the scientist- Both are speaking the truth in that regard.

While Alex preps his shield, Fin keeps focusing on the lucario, who annoyingly keeps taking the damage while waiting for instructions... But those instructions end up going to her crustle, who unleashes a rock slide targetting Mercury and Alex... Dealing 45(20) and 45(25) damage, flinching them both..!

It doesn't stop Mercury about attacking the tsareena for some damage... Which turns out to be almost none after surprisingly tough defenses.

Dusk remains asleep.

Weather: raining(4)/sunny(1) (ends on castforms turn)
Rainbow (ending on godslayer scientist turn)
Sneak(21/17) 17/77
Bjorn(19/15) -4/52
Lucario(18) injured
Poliwhirl(16)
Jackie(15) 38/60 -3 SATT
Castform(15)
Luna(13)
Haley(10)
Godslayer scientist(10)
Euler 1(10) lightly injured
Euler 2(10) badly injured
Tsareena(10) heavily injured
Admin Pascal(9)
Alex(6) 35/60
Maractus(6)
Fin(Marshtomp)(5)
crustle(5)
Mercury(5) 60/110
Dusk(3) asleep

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:18 pm

"... Wait, you seriously... Haah, this is why I wanted to approach on guard rather than taking the first action. The hothead's out cold, and we're just fighting to keep him from getting too badly hurt, so are you still willing to call off hostilities? I'm willing to recall most of my pokemon, but so long as the clone boys have their guns I'm not putting them all away."

If they don't agree to a ceasefire, Alex spends his turn to wake up Dusk while Roy aims at the Lucario with a Fire Punch.
Fire Punch (Lucario): AC=9, Damage=56
Last edited by Dlover on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Haley looks at them, not sure what to think. She keeps her guard just in case they continue to attack and sends out Cushion near her.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:58 am

Infuriated by the collapse of Bjorn and with no-one to recall him, Sneak feints and launches at Euler 2 who took down his master.

Feint Attack (Damage = 2D8+10+15 = [2, 4]+10+15 = 31)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 am

"Ah shi- You need stop that right now if you don't want him to get any more hurt!"
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 am

Koa

Koa grabs the tape, before quickly retreating back to the end of the maze... Although first needing to pass a bit more of yet unexplored maze, seeing that the door he found earlier does not lead immediately to Hilda's room. He manages to pass relatively unbothered for now, though, and waves to Hilda as he passes... Soon arriving back in the room offering the rewards... Now his lantern revealing a couple more interesting things: Firstly, that on the previously empty door, was now an inscription of of the same "vase" that was seen on the second door as well, joined by 7 pokemon... Matching the idols he has found so far! While on the second door, there is now illuminated a set of claws reaching down for the vase, with a bunch of "lights" within the vase itself...

That, and now to the side, he finds a place to insert his key illuminated by the lantern, too... Wasting no time to use it, the door grinding open slowly as it reveals...

Another door. Somehow, he's not surprised.

Besides the door, though, there is a couple other things: first that there is another reward machine, offering one of either a dark pulse, X-scissor or brick break TM... as well as an ancient looking TV set, joined with an old cassette player- Three lights glow red on it...

Irene

The Sableye is knocked out with the pursuit attack, as the sandile fires off a rock tomb... Which misses.

(17)Shock 63/78 +1 def, +2 evasion, +4 save checks, excited(2), motivated(5), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Phoenix

And they tell you anything?

"Oh, such sass! Such bravery. Been a good while since I've had someone dare try that... You're going to be fun!" the girl says, seeming to giggle as she rears back, grabbing the glasses on one hand, seeming to do a surprising balance act with them.

"Well, don't you worry- I think we're going to get along just fine. Bye bye!"

As the girl scurries off, though, Phoenix has... Other issues to resolve. Even if he might have no other realistic choice...

"Nothing much. Just two little things."

"First: one day in the future, I will ask a small request of you. You will do this request, whatever it may be."

"Now, though, since I've likely made you skeptical in advance, do allow me to clarify... The request will be well within your capabilities, and should at most take around... Ten minutes. Even so, I will state that if you genuinely try, and somehow yet fail, I will accept this as the request completed."

"The second demand: you will neither leave me, or attempt to close me, be it directly, indirectly, or by proxy... Until at least such a time you have managed to fulfill my previous request."

"In return for these two demands, I will grant you the ability to purge the poison in your system."

"Do we have an agreement?"

Izzy

Izzy thinks for a moment, suppressing the headache while making plans... Coming to a couple conclusions, but nothing too concrete for now... Still- It's better than nothing... As it's eventually Drake that arrives first to meet with Izzy.

"Hey, I'm here. So how did your gym challenge go..?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 am

Koa wonders whether he passed a TM machine by, moving between Lantern Head's maze and Hilda's room. He can check again later, he supposes.

Back in the 'prize' room... another door, huh? Koa doesn't notice a keyhole on this one, so how was he supposed to open it? He also considers the TM dispenser, but decides to hold off on choosing one from it just yet.

For now, Koa turns his attention to the cassette player. This has to shed some light on the maze's mystery that Fatale told him about before! Koa will carefully insert cassette #1, followed by #2 once that plays out.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:28 am

"Hey, I'm here. So how did your gym challenge go..?"

"Hey! Yeah, it went great! I didn't even need Maku in the end...to be honest, I'm kinda kicking myself for not picking Iron level instead."

"...what about you? Did you win too?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:51 pm

"All right SHock, good job let's switch it up!" Recalling Spark Irene sends out Rythem "All right, Rythem things are going great let's keep up the momentum!"

Irene
Training
cheerleader - excited

(23)Rythem 104/104 +2 evasion, +4 save checks, excited(1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

A pissed off Sneak attempts to avenge his fallen master... But in doing so, has to shift away from the first Euler- Who pistol whips with an attack of opportunity- Dealing 31(21) damage and knocking him out before he can escape..!

And for a moment, it looks like the other trainers and pokemon would continue attacking... But seem to notice the others attempt at halting battle, things grinding to a reluctant halt... Although it is obvious that they are standing at the ready to continue battle should there be any funny business- Both instead sticking to preparation moves, as the castform now starts up a proper sunny day, and takes the fitting form, while the crustle performs a shell smash...

"... Wait, you seriously... Haah, this is why I wanted to approach on guard rather than taking the first action. The hothead's out cold, and we're just fighting to keep him from getting too badly hurt, so are you still willing to call off hostilities? I'm willing to recall most of my pokemon, but so long as the clone boys have their guns I'm not putting them all away."

"...Fine. But no funny actions, or we'll be starting this party right off again... And I'm not intent on recalling my own pokemon either."

"Now you're going to answer my questions. Who are you supposed to be? Why did you attack us?"

Weather: raining(3)/sunny day(5) (ends on castforms turn)
Sneak(21/17) -4/77
Bjorn(19/15) -4/52
Husk(19/15)
Lucario(18) injured
Poliwhirl(16)
Jackie(15) 38/60 -3 SATT
Castform(15)
Luna(13)
Haley(10)
Godslayer scientist(10)
Admin Pascal(9)
Alex(6) 35/60
Maractus(6)
Fin(Marshtomp)(5)
crustle(5) +2 ATT/SATT/SPD -1DEF/SDEF
Mercury(5) 60/110
Dusk(3)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:26 pm

"...Honestly I have no idea what is going on." Haley looks at them waringly, letting Alex talk. After Haley uses sunlight within on Cushion, Cushion uses growth. Haley also recalls Jackie.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:44 pm

"We're... Well, some of us are League Trainers, and others are travel companions. Those of us who work for the League are responsible for maintaining peace. As for why we attacked, it's because he attacked, which was because you're members of the Godslayers. An organisation which, on our last encounter, had its members arrested at the direction of a League CEO. A reasonable action considering that group brought a deadly creature and live firearms into a crowded stadium where there had just recently been an emergency event. There were no official instructions, but as a result of that encounter we know acknowledge the Godslayers as a criminal organisation. I'm fine with ignoring that matter for the moment, though. An organisation will have its criminal elements, and its employees won't all be part of that. I would have rather approached you without hostilities had my companion not charged in." Alex stretches out, recalling Mercury and waking up Dusk before recalling her as well. "My turn. We were informed there would be some use in coming to this location. That machine, what is it extracting, and what is inside it? An aura like that, there must be something inside it. As far as I know, only living beings show an aura, and for one that bright it has to be extremely powerful."

Quick question: What's the legal state on firearms in Trinity Isles? Gun License, Tiered Licenses, Registered Military personnel only, or what?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Koa

Koa wastes no time, putting in both videos one after the other...
A grainy picture starts up, displaying a boy around Irene's age, perhaps a couple years younger, hurrying himself along darkened passageways. A maze that looks very much like this one, with a lantern very much like the one they themselves were holding. Behind them seemed howling, shades flickering in the dark, as the boy kept running... Deeper and deeper. A shortness of breath seemed to be coming over him as he found himself in front of what seemed like an endless hallway,
down which he began running... And running. Coming only to a sudden, and abrupt stop as... Something blocked the way. A dark figure stood there in the midst of the hallway, brooding, it's back turned to him. All you could make out from the quality is a dark shape.

"W-What are you?!" the kid shouts, taking a couple steps back... As the creature turns around as if aware of him only just now- A single green glare is visible from the darkness, followed by the sound of a chuckle.

"You've already forgotten? How rude... It was you who came looking for me, after all."

"But very well... I suppose I can introduce myself."
"I am..." the creature began, with almost... Unnecessary dramatics, as it came from the shadows- One hand raised, as if part of a play as it's silhouette slowly became more and more clear.

"The lord of darkness. The harbinger of ill omens. The king of Nightmares. Guardian of the gate to the dream beyond, and number one man on karaoke night..."

"I. Am. Darkrai."

Despite the rather humorous note, Darkrai does seem to finish with a rather dramatic, imposing tone... The specter hovering slightly above Jack, down on the ground... Before it's claw suddenly almost seems to strike down- Stopping but mere inches from Jack, claw open and outstretched.

"Pleased to meet you."

An awkward silence fell, Jack simply staring as the creature gave a dejected "No..? Well then." before, after a second more, shaking it's head. "Still, you don't remember..? You entered my domain willingly. It's power you want, is it not..?" the creature says, shaking it's head.

"My... Do you really think it's worth it, Jack? You are putting what are supposed to be your friends through suffering... Just so you will one day be able to work yourself out of the gutters and provide for all of them?"

"You have no right to judge me." is Jack's only reply... The tape fizzes out as the specter approaches once again...
Izzy

"Hey! Yeah, it went great! I didn't even need Maku in the end...to be honest, I'm kinda kicking myself for not picking Iron level instead."

"...what about you? Did you win too?"

"Yeah... No. I got my ass handed to me... I mean, it was mostly bad luck, although I might also have made one or two mistakes."

"Anyways, with that I kind of decided to... Take a little break for a while? Not just because of this, but it seems pretty clear I should give my team some proper training... So I figured, I'm going to stock up on some medicine, and I'm going to get back to Numa- Help make sure her mother is properly taken care of, study this... Ultra beast in the meantime."

Irene

As Rythem is released, the sandile immediately whips up a vortex- Trapping her inside it as it deals 25(16) damage!

(23)Rythem 88/104 +2 evasion, +4 save checks, excited(1) vortex 20
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The cold standoff continues... The researcher noticing that Haley continues buffing up her pokemon, and responding in kind- His Maractus also using growth. Alex meanwhile, recalls dusk for now, the limit of what he can do in one turn.

We're... Well, some of us are League Trainers, and others are travel companions. Those of us who work for the League are responsible for maintaining peace."

"I am aware."

"As for why we attacked, it's because he attacked, which was because you're members of the Godslayers. An organisation which, on our last encounter, had its members arrested at the direction of a League CEO. A reasonable action considering that group brought a deadly creature and live firearms into a crowded stadium where there had just recently been an emergency event."

The woman seems to frown for a moment, as the scientist only starts looking more confused... But both don't interrupt, yet.

"Here were no official instructions, but as a result of that encounter we know acknowledge the Godslayers as a criminal organisation. I'm fine with ignoring that matter for the moment, though. An organisation will have its criminal elements, and its employees won't all be part of that. I would have rather approached you without hostilities had my companion not charged in."

"...Alright. I'm not certain what event you might be talking about, but I'm certain that perhaps under the circumstances it was justified..."

"But I fail to believe that our organization has been labeled as criminal by the league."

"We've been working together for years."

"Working together is... A big term, perhaps. But certainly, they've been aware of us in a certain respect... We've made it a principle to send through any beneficial research into public channels. I should know- I've seen it happen to a couple of my own inventions! There's this big... Sonar..." he says, at first proudly grinning, before awkwardly shutting himself down as he noticed he was about to begin rambling.

"Although, admittedly I've never dealt with the HOW that happens... Perhaps our leader has simply been extremely cautious about this in the past..."

"My turn. We were informed there would be some use in coming to this location. That machine, what is it extracting, and what is inside it? An aura like that, there must be something inside it. As far as I know, only living beings show an aura, and for one that bright it has to be extremely powerful."

The Lucario scoffs, seeming to gesture at something... The woman seeming to understand as she replies.

"Before I answer your question, I'd like to ask if you've ever spent a proper amount of time regarding that shield of yours..? If you had done, you'd have noticed it has an aura as well. A weak one, but an aura none the less."

"So to answer your question, there's nothing inside the machine. Magic just has an aura in general. It's just..."
she trails off, looking over at the scientist... Who hesitates, fumbles, and eventually picks up the pace.

"R-Right. You're not seeing anything living, or anything from the... Machine. What you're seeing is what's called a mega tear. It's a semi-natural occurrence where a small rift opens up to an alternate dimension of sorts, which given it's nature of consisting out of solely energy, is invisible to us... And visible only to a few specific abilities, such as, indeed, aura sight. As for the machine, it is something we've been working on, testing... A means to harvest the raw energy that flows from these portals! If we can convert it back into electricity, or even find more direct uses for it... Well, another group of ours is working on a way to perhaps make a permanent fracture similar to this one.... Could you imagine? Practically unlimited, clean energy, sooner than anyone could ever have hoped!"

The scientist's enthusiasm is curbed once again as the woman speaks up once more.

"Right. I presume that whoever sent you to this tear, is because these tend to create mega stones... Something found very valuable and useful by trainers like you, I'm certain."

"But that leaves me to question... WHO told you to come here in the first place, and how did they know? And I must admit I am also curious about the origins of that shield..."

(Can you give me a common education roll concerning the gun thing?)

Weather: raining(2)/sunny day(4) (ends on castforms turn)
Sneak(21/17) -4/77
Bjorn(19/15) -4/52
Husk(19/15)
Lucario(18) injured
Poliwhirl(16)
Jackie(15) 38/60 recalled
Castform(15)
Luna(13)
Haley(10)
Godslayer scientist(10)
Admin Pascal(9)
Alex(6) 35/60
Maractus(6) +2 ATT/SATT
Fin(Marshtomp)(5)
crustle(5) +2 ATT/SATT/SPD -1DEF/SDEF
Mercury(5) 60/110
Dusk(3) recalled
Cushion(2) +2 ATT/SATT

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Haley has Cushion use ingrain.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Education: 7

By "we" I refer to the group of people who were rewarded for subduing the Godslayers, rather than the League as a whole. The League itself doesn't make any official declarations unless it's necessary to keep them in control, but given that one of the heads indicated approval of disruption of Godslayer activities, the assumption is that we are expected to continue doing so."

Alex glances at his shield, "I got it a couple of days ago. Don't know where it came from. Haven't taken the time to study it since I got my vision. As for being here, we weren't told what we'd find here, and the informant is anonymous."
My game:

My characters: