PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 am

Code: Select all

What?  What's going on?  If it's something you need help with you should let us know.  We're a team after all, aren't we?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Irene breathes a sigh of relief, while Ochrana might have flinched, the round is up allowing him to still act, and the flinch seemed to have weaken some damage.

Excited condition used

"All right this pokemon is being a thorn in our side, let's gain back the edge!" though despite her cheer, Ochrana misses horribly.
Ochrana
Ochrana draining kiss [1d20] = 1 damage [2d6+20] = 3+20 = 23 :wall:
Irene
Inspirational training
Cheerleader

(31/21)Etoile 12/73 recalled
(23)Rythem 23/104 recalled
(22) Ochrana 52/63 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1), motivated (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile vortex 14 lightly injured
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:39 am

"Oh, no, I was gonna leave in the morning. Besides, pretty sure I don't even want to be out on the streets now I'm pretty sure I'm a member of some gang... You had anything exciting happen?"

"...a gang? We've only been here a few hours, and you've already managed to fall in with a gang? Hah, no wonder you want to get out of here!"

"And...have you heard of Shadow Pokemon? Well, I kinda got attacked by one just after I left the gym. And caught it. Soooo....yep, that happened!"

As Isabella and Jeremy enter, Izzy waves them over.

"Hey! What happened to you guys?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Koa

"Uhm, hello? Yeah, I'm here looking for more of those tapes - I watched the first two. Do you guys have any?"

"Immediately knows what to ask..!"

"That GIRL must have told him all about us..!"

"Sneaky, sneaky..."

"Then again, maybe he IS just lucky..."

"Ha ha ha! I suppose it does not really matter."

"Oh we are sorry." one of the voices says in a voice that drips with sarcasm. "It is just we don't often get to see someone that performs this well..."

"And we do have this little tape you want." the other voice adds- A shadowy claw briefly seeming to exist from the darkness, briefly showing a tape with a red 3 emblazoned on it... Before quickly being pulled back.

"But it's going to cost you."

"We want that lantern."

"That key."

"One idol..."

"AND that torch!"

"Think you'd manage to find your way back in the true dark! Ha ha ha!"

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"Where did you get the crystals? Can I get a closer look at it?"

"It's... Created through a process called etheric nihilation. I'm afraid I don't know the exact details of that myself, as it was one of us by the name of Euler who created the process... But as I understand it, the process simply eliminates all magic in the substance, turning it into a conductor of sorts for outside energies. And you can approach, but please don't touch- I do not wish to go through the trouble of having to realign something you can't see again..."

"I think he's said he was involved in the League's systems, like healing machines, too, so he's not entirely evil. More... Psychotic. He doesn't care about right or wrong. Well, your advice isn't falling on deaf ears, though, I've never trusted him. Things are rough enough that I have to take whatever I can get, but I'm not going to accept any trades."

"Good. Given the stakes those things ask, a trade with it would be rather foolish."

"I don't understand why you blame him for it? I mean making blueprints or whatever for something is not the same as the person doing a harmful action. You don't blame the musketmaker for what the triggerman does. And I don't see why you don't use that fact that he cannot lie to your advantage."

"But when the designer repeatedly hands out weapons to questionable people you do blame him."

"As your friend says... When you keep handing out indiscriminately, escalating a conflict further and further... That makes a difference. And unlike the men who produced the actual weapons, he held no sides or reasoning- At least the engineers would claim they did it to protect their families, for what would the enemy, given the same gifts, do if they were unarmed?"

For a very brief moment, it seemed like tensions are lowered, and that the trainers are leaving on perhaps not an entirely terrible note... But leave they do, none the less.

Everyone earns 200 exp to distribute among their pokemon.

Bjorn is healed for 30 HP once safe out of sight- The group had only been gone from their sight for a minute or two... When a familiar, seemingly oblivious presence let's hear from himself once again.

Done already? :)

So, found any cool mega stones? :)
Irene

Ochrana sadly misses... As the Sandile bites again for 37(10) damage, and AGAIN flinches..!

(22) Ochrana 42/63 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1), motivated (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Izzy

"...a gang? We've only been here a few hours, and you've already managed to fall in with a gang? Hah, no wonder you want to get out of here!"

"I mean, I'm not getting out of here because of that... Also I'm not even sure if he was being serious or if it's like... A honorary thing?" Drake replies, fishing out a white bandana for a moment, before stowing it away again.

"I conversed with Jack for a little bit after our gym battle, and we talked about how... It seems there might be something going on? There's been disappearances, and he suspects this Red Hand group... So I offered to help, and he asked me if I could go get this guy called 'The King' to come pay a visit."

"So I went where described, and basically some grunts wouldn't let me in their base if I could prove myself... So I had to battle a couple. Then, once I did, apparently no one had enough guts to even go meet the guy because he was busy, and I think they were all scared of what would happen if they interrupted him. So I had to do that, too."

"So I entered his den, the entire inside pitch black... Had to open my dex to even go deeper. But eventually, I saw flashing lights, and noises. And then I found him."

"This guy... He was..."

"Dressed in a pink bath robe and slippers. Still wearing a stupid hat for some reason. Watching cartoons."

"So basically he calmed down once I explained it was Jack that sent me and then he made me a member of his gang?"

"And...have you heard of Shadow Pokemon? Well, I kinda got attacked by one just after I left the gym. And caught it. Soooo....yep, that happened!"

"Really?! I heard about them, yeah... They are created by radiation, right..? And you caught it? Well that's going to be... Troublesome. Good thing I won't be close to deal with the fallout."

"Hey! What happened to you guys?"

"Five. Hours." Isabella replies... Or well, grunts in reply, at least- Clearly still grumpy about whatever she might be talking about, and Jeremy doesn't look much better.

"We spent five. Fucking. Hours. Trying to convince the feds Jeremy here isn't a fucking drug dealer."

"And the stupidest thing of all is... The only reason we probably got let go is because they had me call my dad at a certain point, and I'm pretty sure he got someone else involved..."

"Heh- Still not sure if I should be mad or not at the geezer for that one, given how enjoyable it was to see that clerk go white over the phone when she picked up."

"Anyways, it ruined any plans I might have had myself. We just ended up meeting up with Fatale and Jack again for a while."

"Fatale is... Something."

"So tomorrow I guess we're gonna try the gym, and then... I've a couple things to take care of myself. Not looking forward to the maze, in each case..."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:12 pm

The shadowy claw appearing from the darkness gives Koa pause. It wasn't as intimidating as the Overseer's claw, but the reminder still made hairs raise on the back of his neck.

Despite that, their proposal wasn't actually as bad as it seemed. Koa's been running through his maze enough to have a good idea of its layout, enough to make it to the end in the dark at least.

"That's sounds OK. Is that the only tape left, though? The other two tapes were hidden in rooms like this one, so if there's any more I can't really accept until I've found 'em all, yeah?"

"And uh... is there gonna be something else chasing me, if we make this deal?" Koa asks, suddenly suspicious and remembering Hilda's vague warning. "I mean, the other two tapes had things guarding them, but to get to this room normally you'd have to deal with 'em, yeah? So at that point the worst thing that'd happen to you is you bump your head on a wall... unless somethings waiting to get me after I grab this tape."

Regardless, if this third tape is the final one, Koa figures that he's come this far and he may as well go all the way... well, almost. He's still curious as to whether there's another TM vending machine between Lantern Head's lair and Hilda's room, to mirror the Snarl vending machine on the left side of the maze. He wouldn't want to miss out on something like that, so he'll give that area one last pass, tossing in his remaining Candy Bar if such a machine exists.
Intuition and Perception to find TM vendor (if it exists):
5d6+4 = [6, 5, 4, 2, 1] = 22
2d6 = [3, 1] = 4

After his search, fruitful or not, Koa will return to the 3rd cassette tape room to accept the trade. He takes a tentative step forward to put his key, lantern, his spare Murkrow Idol, and his flashlight in a pile for the shadow claws to take.

Once the trade is made, Koa will step out of the room and head through the left side of the maze again. He's been back and forth through that section more than the other side, and he wants to visit the chemistry bench to try something along the way. He still has Lantern Head's second candle, and he wants to see if he can use that in place of his flashlight. He's wary, though. Assuming Koa makes it that far he'll attempt to light the candle, but if it makes a blue flame he'll put it out again right away.

Otherwise Koa will move Stealthily towards the final room of the maze with the cassette player, feeling his way along and following the mental map he has of the maze.
Intuition and Survival to go through darkened maze:
5d6+4 = [6, 6, 3, 1, 1] = 21
6d6+2 = [6, 5, 5, 4, 2, 1] = 25

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 pm

"Magic? ...What? Wouldn't draining a subtence generally not do that? Silver, copper and gold are typically good conductors but removing something from them would make it worse. What was the crystal originally made out of before the process?" Haley gets closer to the machine and gets a better picture of it, studing it. "Goser from Plasma?"

Not yet.  Found some scientists part of godslayer group?  They had this odd machine.  Take a look and tell me everything you know about it.
(Euler? The shooty guys? )
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:24 pm

"Goser? Eugh, that guy was a dick. Shot us with magic because we thought he was up to something. Which, to be fair, was actually justified, him having managed to sneak an entire force of armed men, who I assume also didn't have licenses, into a crowded stadium. However you look at that, he's planning a massacre. And then there was the machine in that stadium, which we were certain was to further the assumed massacre, and he tried to convince us it was some sort of bomb so we wouldn't break it- He's a terrible liar, by the way- ... Basically, the entire reason we don't trust the Godslayers is Goser being a suspicious dick and the Eulers shooting us. And your business model being "Kill all the world's gods, because there's no way that could fuck up the planet's ecosystem! Seriously guys, you're going to disrupt some magical balance or something and bring about Armageddon with that. Eventually some of the gods will decide you're actually a threat and just destroy everything to be safe. I'm still not sure you don't have one of them inside that machine of yours. Never seen a god's aura, so I dunno, maybe it would be different from "The glory of the universe is convalescing into this single spot" like that, but you never know until you smash it, and since you've been so civil I'm not going to do that... Long story short, screw Goser."

<Don't let on about the secret base, Haley.>

"Removing the electricity from such metals, though, makes them more able to carry current. A good example would be a water pipe. It's full of water. There's more water around. The water doesn't move. Then it's empty.
The water that's around it moves into the pipe. Hrm, though if it's magic they're removing, I doubt magic is the energy, though they're connected. Maybe it's more like filtering sand out of the pipe."

Once they're a bit away, Alex sends out a text to everyone,

I am...  Very confused.  We just encountered a group of Godslayers, and they were...  Not particularly villainous.  Bjorn decided to get the jump on them, but even after that they weren't opposed to talking things out.  Which is fortunate, because I don't think we could have beaten them.  I know they involvement with the legends is unacceptable, but they're not all bad people.
Last edited by Dlover on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:12 am

Irene is ready to scream! What kind of luck does this Sandile have! Sure Rythem was only hard to hit, so the 50/50 odds weren't too hard to be overcome, but now flinching Ochrana twice!

Lucky for her though, Ochrana was also annoyed, and the anger dulled the pain to minimal damage (excite condition damage reduced by 5)

"Just. Blow. That. Pest. Away!"
Ochrana obliges summoning a powerful, yet innacurate wind.
"Good try we'll do it eventually!"

Ochrana fairy wind [1d20] = 3 damage [2d6+18] = 10+18 = 28

(22) Ochrana 47/63 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1), motivated (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Bjorn comes back into consciousness, the second time in two days and is feeling much the worse for wear. "I'm sorry guys, I didn't see the second pilot. They pulled a gun on us. Did we win?"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:26 pm

"Nope. I convinced them to talk things over."
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:34 am

Bjorn looks incredulous. "You what?! After all the things these assholes - sorry Luna! - have been doing lately, you wanna have a chin wag?!"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:15 am

"I'm not exactly getting buddy-buddy with them, but they were stronger than us. You were unconscious. In the best case scenario everyone would have been seriously injured. So I did the one thing I get right. I spoke. I made them stop fighting, I got you, and the rest of us, out of there without any more bullet holes. What was done to Regifae, what they intend for the rest of the gods, it's unacceptable, but there's no point in fighting an impossible battle. So I chose to protect everyone here as best I could."
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 am

"Oh yeah, that guy! He has this huge fedora, right? I saw him as he was leaving Jack's place, just after their meeting I guess. Think Jack called him 'Mephisto'?"

"But yeah, Jack mentioned there was something up. Told me to steer clear of that tower, stick to places where the Kingsmen are active. Or the Junkrats, if since they're pretty much neutral? Speaking of which, me and Koa ran into one of them earlier! He told us about this little market they've got going on, and where to find it. It's probably too late to go now, but maybe you'd like to join us in the morning, before you leave? You might be able to trade some of those braces you make for something cool, I dunno."

As Jeremy and Isabella recount their painful experience with customs, Izzy winces sympathetically.

"Well....you got out eventually? Yay?"

"Anyway, we've managed to book a room at this inn place. So you don't have to worry finding anywhere to stay tonight. As long as you guys are cool with sharing, of course."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:02 am

Bjorn looks thoughtful, then looks down. "Well, thats fair I suppose. Fat lot of good I was. Nice job keeping everyone safe, Brains." After a brief period of quiet while mulling over the errors of his ways, he looks up. "So what were they doing? Stealing something?"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:20 am

"I suppose you could call it that. They were working on the fine-tuning of a machine used to siphon energy from another dimension, which could then be converted into a usable power source. Supposedly unlimited energy."
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Koa

"That's sounds OK. Is that the only tape left, though? The other two tapes were hidden in rooms like this one, so if there's any more I can't really accept until I've found 'em all, yeah?"

"Now now, do you expect us to give away information for FREE..?"

"Although, three little lights, two burning green now... You do the math, fella."

"And uh... is there gonna be something else chasing me, if we make this deal?"
"I mean, the other two tapes had things guarding them, but to get to this room normally you'd have to deal with 'em, yeah? So at that point the worst thing that'd happen to you is you bump your head on a wall... unless somethings waiting to get me after I grab this tape."

"He IS cheating..!"

"Hehehe... Not that we care."

"Perhaps the one who might be coming once those lights go out does."

"Hehehe, yes... Dear old Jack will pay a visit as a last challenge..!"

"The real one, or the fake one..?"

"That IS a good question, isn't it..?"

The creatures cackle, not seeming to answer any further inquiries about the cryptic answer... But seeming to at least have hinted that something would indeed be chasing him down.

Not that he could care immediately though, of course needing to achieve 100% completion here. Or, at least, as close as he can get with his skillset... First returning back yet again to the right side of the maze, looking for the elusive Tm machine... And finds it! Seems it offers a Thief TM, which he quickly claims in return for a piece of candy... Before finally returning back to the entrance, where he performs the trade.

"Good luck."

"You're gonna need it."

The duo gives a last chuckle, as the torch gets turned off, and the maze gets plummeted into darkness... But while he has loft plans to try out, it seemed that things wouldn't be quite as easy.

For as he turned around, he'd end up staring straight down the initial little entranceway of the maze... And there, at it's end, it already was. Not that Koa could see it's actual shape, but the fact something was there was unmistakable... Given a pair of red glowing eyes was staring him down.

"And so our game begins."

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"Magic? ...What? Wouldn't draining a subtence generally not do that? Silver, copper and gold are typically good conductors but removing something from them would make it worse. What was the crystal originally made out of before the process?"

"Removing the electricity from such metals, though, makes them more able to carry current. A good example would be a water pipe. It's full of water. There's more water around. The water doesn't move. Then it's empty.
The water that's around it moves into the pipe. Hrm, though if it's magic they're removing, I doubt magic is the energy, though they're connected. Maybe it's more like filtering sand out of the pipe."

"It is likely something like that, yes. "

Haley makes a remark asking about Plasma, but is met only by apparent confusion from the two godslayers... Either they don't know what you are talking about, or are keeping one hell of a poker face.

"Goser? Eugh, that guy was a dick. Shot us with magic because we thought he was up to something. Which, to be fair, was actually justified, him having managed to sneak an entire force of armed men, who I assume also didn't have licenses, into a crowded stadium. However you look at that, he's planning a massacre. And then there was the machine in that stadium, which we were certain was to further the assumed massacre, and he tried to convince us it was some sort of bomb so we wouldn't break it- He's a terrible liar, by the way- ... Basically, the entire reason we don't trust the Godslayers is Goser being a suspicious dick and the Eulers shooting us. And your business model being "Kill all the world's gods, because there's no way that could fuck up the planet's ecosystem! Seriously guys, you're going to disrupt some magical balance or something and bring about Armageddon with that. Eventually some of the gods will decide you're actually a threat and just destroy everything to be safe. I'm still not sure you don't have one of them inside that machine of yours. Never seen a god's aura, so I dunno, maybe it would be different from "The glory of the universe is convalescing into this single spot" like that, but you never know until you smash it, and since you've been so civil I'm not going to do that... Long story short, screw Goser."

"... What?"

"...Hold one moment."

"You are saying you met Goser at a stadium? Tell me... More about this."

---

Later, the party reconvenes back on the path... Haley the only one that bothers responding to the Spark.

... Wait. You met... Godslayers there?!

I didn't know..! They have... Some kind of mechanism to avert my gaze... :(

You were supposed to just go in, get yourself a mega stone or two, and walk out with the reward... Not this! :(

This does explain the unexplained injuries... :/

As for the machine... I can't actually "read" it from just a picture I'm afraid. It's shielded just as much as the rest of the godslayers...

But on first glance I would say they are... Trying to manipulate mega energy directly..?

That's... Worrying.
"I'm sorry guys, I didn't see the second pilot. They pulled a gun on us. Did we win?"

"Nope. I convinced them to talk things over."

"You what?! After all the things these assholes - sorry Luna! - have been doing lately, you wanna have a chin wag?!"

"I'm not exactly getting buddy-buddy with them, but they were stronger than us. You were unconscious. In the best case scenario everyone would have been seriously injured. So I did the one thing I get right. I spoke. I made them stop fighting, I got you, and the rest of us, out of there without any more bullet holes. What was done to Regifae, what they intend for the rest of the gods, it's unacceptable, but there's no point in fighting an impossible battle. So I chose to protect everyone here as best I could."

"...I'm not sure if we couldn't have pulled through, but they were tough. Above all, I think, they mostly didn't want to fight themselves. Which... Doesn't mean they might not still have been part of the problem. Just that they at least keep a semblance of civility."

"I... I don't know."

► Show Spoiler
Irene

Ochrana's bad luck streak keeps up, as the Sandile keeps needing to use his rock tomb attacks... Dealing 25(4) damage.

(20/22) Ochrana 43/63 -1 SPD +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1), motivated (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile lightly injured
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO
► Show Spoiler
Izzy

"Oh yeah, that guy! He has this huge fedora, right? I saw him as he was leaving Jack's place, just after their meeting I guess. Think Jack called him 'Mephisto'?"

"Yeah- That's the hat he was wearing, too."

"But yeah, Jack mentioned there was something up. Told me to steer clear of that tower, stick to places where the Kingsmen are active. Or the Junkrats, if since they're pretty much neutral? Speaking of which, me and Koa ran into one of them earlier! He told us about this little market they've got going on, and where to find it. It's probably too late to go now, but maybe you'd like to join us in the morning, before you leave? You might be able to trade some of those braces you make for something cool, I dunno."

"Maybe..? I'll think about it. I think I'll mostly need that medicine and some provisions, really..."

"Well....you got out eventually? Yay?"

"Woohoo. Where's the confetti..?"

"Anyway, we've managed to book a room at this inn place. So you don't have to worry finding anywhere to stay tonight. As long as you guys are cool with sharing, of course."

"Yeah... That's what you sent that message earlier today for, right?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:41 pm

"All right we can take that like a champ!" Irene calls out to Ochrana as the pure power of rage reduces it down to a grand total of 1 damage.

"Come on! We can undo that Sandile's lucky streak. Heal yourself!"

and with that, a clean hit was hit the sandile, hopefully signalling the end of the already tougher then it should have been opponet.

Ochrana
Ochrana draining kiss [1d20] = 12 damage [2d6+20] = 9+20 = 29 Super effective x2 for a total of 58
excited condition used
motivated condition used

Irene
inspirtational training,
cheerleading - excited

(20/22) Ochrana 43/63 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile lightly injured
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:29 pm

"If the Goser from Plasma is the same guy you are working woth, which sounds to be the case from Alex's description, do not trust him. I have proof he took any individuality, any instinct from pokemon and experimented on them, preventing any of his coworkers from even approaching it because it would attack anybody that was not him. He does not care about pokemon or people at all, only doing things because he wants to."

"...I didn't see any megastones sparky."
(Haley should have at least seen them shouldn't she?)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Jack? He's not waiting past the exit? And there's another one? Thinking back to Fatale, he has to wonder whether he'd have another of those Zoro-pokemon posing as him... though wouldn't he just ask Fatale to do that for him?

Koa doesn't have much time to ponder it as 'Jack' is right outside the door, waiting for him. Nothing could compare to the feeling being trapped in the Overseer's clutches, but that's not to say that a set of glowing red eyes staring Koa down in a pitch-black maze was very comforting, either.

"And so our game begins."

"Kept you waiting, huh?" Koa tries to say coolly, though he could feel his heart starting to thud in his chest.

"You gonna give me a head-start into the maze, or...?" Koa asks, slowly lowering himself into a Moon Mountain stance, gripping his Dark Brace. "And uh... I don't suppose you've got nightmare powers? I'd appreciate if ya didn't use those."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:22 pm

"If the Goser from Plasma is the same guy you are working woth, which sounds to be the case from Alex's description, do not trust him. I have proof he took any individuality, any instinct from pokemon and experimented on them, preventing any of his coworkers from even approaching it because it would attack anybody that was not him. He does not care about pokemon or people at all, only doing things because he wants to."
<SHUT UP about this sort of thing, Haley. You're all but announcing to the world that you found Genesect. That you know things about Plasma which a person couldn't have proof of without having found their base. Do. Not. Say. Anything. Else.>

"The stadium where the competition to become official Trainers was held this year. Goser led an armed force to secure the underground and guard some sort of machine, which is now scrap metal. He was arrested with the rest of the Godslayer members present. I didn't really pick up much information other than what I've told you, since I was focused on not getting shot."

---

"I'd say... It's actually a fairly straight-forward matter. The Godslayers aren't a small group. They're a large organisation dedicated to developing new technology, and there's a small branch which is focused on killing and using the gods. All the people in that branch are Godslayers, but not all Godslayers are in that branch. For the majority, the name isn't their actual goal, but a reference to advancing technology erasing the need for faith in the gods. It may be reversed, though, and maybe only some aren't involved in the god killing...
There is one big thing we're overlooking, though. On that first publicised act, the Godslayers went to great lengths to ensure they looked like the heroes. They want to avoid retaliation. The best way to do that is to have a front composed of people who actually don't know the details of those incidents. What better way to appear innocent than to have most people be innocent, after all?"
Last edited by Dlover on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:05 pm

((Unconscious for earlier convo))

---------------------------------------

"Yeah that makes sense. Limit the amount of people who know the inner workings, the less that gets out to the public. So what happens to this dimension that has all its energy siphoned? And what are they doing with it?"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:33 pm

"No clue. Probably working out how to make it usable."
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Phoenix

Phoenix slumps down defeated in the toilet stalls. He couldn't just give in to Midas... To do that- Wouldn't it go against everything he'd been trying to run away from..? For a brief moment, the thought of shutting up Midas does occur, and he in fact does- Midas' protest that what he was doing is not "logical" quickly silenced by the cork shoved in.

But it's a sentiment that doesn't last long... As he releases his pokemon. It was intended to be for goodbyes... But as Spot jumps up on his lap, licking his hand...

He'd be willing to sacrifice his own life if it meant he'd stop digging himself deeper in this hole, and die with some dignity to his name left... But he wouldn't do it if it meant abandoning Spot like this. Or any of his other pokemon, for that matter...

And so with that... It comes time to turn to Midas once again. His heart skips a beat just before he manages to uncork the bottle once again- The poison beginning to take it's toll, no doubt. His breath seems surprisingly shallow, as he offers Midas his ultimatum.

Okay. I'll do it. Lead me to glory and riches so that Spot never has to suffer again, and I'll do whatever you want. But, and I mean this, if any of my pokemon are hurt or killed in doing what you want, I'm done. Right away. Doesn't matter what deals we have. They won't suffer for your gain. Is that okay? Will you remove the poison?

"Of course. Once again, Phoenix, this little trick is simply some insurance on my part... I've no intention of allowing the friendship we've had so far go to spoil. So yes. I will gladly add that I shall not hurt you, or your pokemon, barring you leave me with no other choice. And in return, I shall grant you the ability to purge this poison."

"Are we in agreement?"

Phoenix nodded. And his throat began to burn. Intense. Clutching, hacking. He tries to form words, but at least for a moment, they're failing him, as Midas speaks.

"Long ago, a man whose name I've now taken for myself, offered me his soul in exchange for a silver tongue. The ability to convince all to follow his words."

"His story now rests only in the burning library. But this gift I had given him for such a hefty price- I shall give it to you for practically free."

Finally, the sensation stopped... The inside of himself feeling... Different. Numb..? And his tongue... Cold.

Phoenix has obtained the mark of the silver tongue
The wearer of the silver tongue mark can suffer no negative, nor positive effects, from any consumption. The carrier no longer needs to eat or drink, but everything he does eat will taste dull and lifeless.

"Now, get up. I am afraid our job is not quite yet done."

---

Upstairs, a girl giddily dashed forward, balancing drinks despite bouncing with every step. The drinks quickly dashed out on the table, one for the elderly woman, one for the girl. The girl raised her current glass- Indicating she'd get to the refreshment once she'd finish.

The woman had no complaints, and eagerly refreshed herself.

---

The boy cursed the spirit- Feeling betrayed, tricked. Briefly, he considered even bottling him up straight again, although feeling his throat grip together as if he even considers, as becomes revealed what it had meant with things being not "quite as simple"... As none the less it speaks reason.

"This is not for me, Phoenix. This is for yours sake."

"That girl. She remembered your face."

"If you just run away now, she'll hunt you down to the end of the world."

"So allow me to show just why you won't regret the gift I have given you."

---

There was a sudden pause in the woman's words. Her eyes widened, and briefly she grasped for her chest. Immediately, she acted tough for just a moment, as if nothing was wrong... But when her breathing started becoming noticably shallow, the nurse immediately sped over. Her shirt was torn open, pressure applied, calls made, medicine applied. The girl did a remarkable show of shock and worry, while laughter rang inside. But all efforts would ring hollow, as one last, bated breath would escape from her lungs.

The envoy of wrath was slain.

An ambulance would come later, but to no avail. For now, a bodyguard turned. Enraged, with the sight on one kid that might have answers... As she found that kid come to meet her instead.

There were screams. There was a knife right to his throat, coated with poison. There were demands of answers, antidotes, or she'd gut him there, and it seemed like no one would even dare stop her.

And yet, he spoke calmly.

"Oh my- I've no idea what you're talking about..!" he spoke, his voice almost littered with sarcasm... Yet even the crazy girl seemed to take his words as genuine as they could be.

"After all, if I'd had poisoned those drinks, should I not be dead..? One could say that I'd have an antidote, but you'd find no such things on me... Or perhaps you'd think I'd brought it all back up before it could take effect. But if so, would I do this?" the boy spoke- Grabbing both glasses and downing them as well.

"At the end of the day, sad to say, our lady was simply old... And it seems a heart attack was what finally dragged her away."

Words so full with holes, doubtful, should have been left questioned... As instead, they only nodded- As if his words were words of clarity, that only made sense, and the crazy girl just turned to the floor to sob. His contractor averted her gaze, not acknowledging his presence right now just yet... As he turned and walked back out.

"You see, Phoenix?"

"We'll be good partners yet."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:53 am

"Yeah... That's what you sent that message earlier today for, right?"

"Heh, oh right. Sorry, forgot I'd already told you. Getting through that gym maze really frazzled me."

"Anyway, what are your plans for the rest of the evening? To be honest, I'm at kind of a loss for what to do."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:53 pm

Irene

Ochrana finally manages to get in another hit, draining the sandile of it's life for 17 HP... And barely manages to knock it out in the process!

Up next is a houndour.

(20/22) Ochrana 60/63 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Houndour
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Alex mentally panics over aura, warning Haley to not say anything else on the matter... The admin's interest none the less piqued.

"I... Was not aware of that. From the few times I've met him, I do need to admit he seemed..."

"Crazy?"

"I was going to say eccentric. Where did you learn all this, anyway..?"

"The stadium where the competition to become official Trainers was held this year. Goser led an armed force to secure the underground and guard some sort of machine, which is now scrap metal. He was arrested with the rest of the Godslayer members present. I didn't really pick up much information other than what I've told you, since I was focused on not getting shot."

There's silence for a moment, the admin narrowing her eyes... Before she seems to shrug it off.

"Very well. That information is... Interesting."

---

"...I didn't see any megastones sparky."

Well, obviously not. Any that would have been there would have been taken by them, no doubt! :o

Assuming that even any formed, assuming they are harvesting the energy there... :S
"I'd say... It's actually a fairly straight-forward matter. The Godslayers aren't a small group. They're a large organisation dedicated to developing new technology, and there's a small branch which is focused on killing and using the gods. All the people in that branch are Godslayers, but not all Godslayers are in that branch. For the majority, the name isn't their actual goal, but a reference to advancing technology erasing the need for faith in the gods. It may be reversed, though, and maybe only some aren't involved in the god killing...
There is one big thing we're overlooking, though. On that first publicised act, the Godslayers went to great lengths to ensure they looked like the heroes. They want to avoid retaliation. The best way to do that is to have a front composed of people who actually don't know the details of those incidents. What better way to appear innocent than to have most people be innocent, after all?"

"Yeah... You might very well be onto something. I've not seen the event myself, so I guess I can only say as much on the matter... But if they tried to look like heroes, they also immediately tried to make the gods look like the villains, right..?"

"Mostly, I'm just surprised... They only did the whole thing recently, right? But that one guy said he's been working with them for a decade. So... What changed? Or how long have they been planning for this..?"

"Yeah that makes sense. Limit the amount of people who know the inner workings, the less that gets out to the public. So what happens to this dimension that has all its energy siphoned? And what are they doing with it?"

"No clue. Probably working out how to make it usable."

With that, it seems like the party was once again faced with the decision of what to do... Finally continue their journey to Murkoff..?

Koa

"Kept you waiting, huh?"
Koa replied, trying to keep calm... But finding himself quite not so. There was no kick, laugh, or grunt from "Jack"... Only a cold, piercing red stare.

"You gonna give me a head-start into the maze, or...?"

"So optimistic."

"You should have started running already."

"Before my hounds catch you before you even began."

As if on cue, Koa could hear the howls... Indicating perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to listen to this piece of "advice".

"And uh... I don't suppose you've got nightmare powers? I'd appreciate if ya didn't use those."

"Nightmare powers..? A deduction you've made from those tapes, I take."

"No. That little deal did not grant me those kind of powers... But it did create me."

► Show Spoiler
Izzy

"Heh, oh right. Sorry, forgot I'd already told you. Getting through that gym maze really frazzled me."

"Anyway, what are your plans for the rest of the evening? To be honest, I'm at kind of a loss for what to do."

"Yeah... I suppose I don't have anything planned myself for the rest of the evening."

"So... Honestly, it's probably just an early bed for me tonight. And maybe talk about what we've planned for tomorrow..?"