PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:37 pm

Haley takes a picture of all the robots tex the destruction tex caused all in one picture. "We could ask you the same. You are the one that destroyed a historic site, ruined pokemon's homes, destroyed this poor girl's home. And... from the looks of it, trying to claim this ship as yours to sell, when you have zero right to do so. Nor knowing what possible danger you'd cause by doing so."
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Too bad Koa didn't have a wrench or a screwdriver, or else he could just hop down and grab the idol right now... oh well.

Continuing on, neither vent path seems like it would lead back to the idol room, one continuing straight away from it and the other continuing even further above the room than before. Koa takes the one turning left for now. Maybe it'll go back down and curl back in towards the idol room?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Alex rolls his eyes at Haley's tirade, giving Tex a shrug, "She's always a little impulsive, do forgive her. Anyway, we've been minding our own business here, but unfortunately we couldn't just walk away once we found out an old friend was here. You'll be selling the airship, right? It could be used as a pretty dangerous weapon if it's repaired. You're aware of that already, so what I want to know is what you intend to do about that danger."

Aura check?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:58 am

Izzy tries to feel if there's anything beyond the door, but quickly decides she won't be able to do anything with it. Not unless she finds a key in here somewhere, anyway.

Then she hears Koa(?)'s voice, and stifles a groan. Turning off her light again, she stays quiet - trying to figure out which direction the voice came from. If it's behind her she keeps moving quickly, hoping to lose him in the maze. Otherwise she advances more cautiously, her ears on alert for more creepy whispering.

Intuition: 8
Perception: 20

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:54 am

The beast thing chased her down all these hallways and even physically grabbed her, pushing strength into her fatigued legs she lunges to the latern doing her best to just grab and yank the candle out. Latching on like an irritated aipom she almost single mindedly goes after that candle and laterntrying to get it away from whatever this creature is suppose to be.

Irene struggle attack [1d20] = 12 [1d8+11] = 5+11 = 16

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:20 am

"Well since you decided to 'drop in', we thought we'd 'gate-crash' the party!" Bjorn says with a grin, smiling at his own poor puns. He drops his grin when he notices no-one else laughing, and scowls at Tex and Hopper instead.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:19 am

Phoenix

Phoenix watches from a distance, trying to determine what's different about the couple people that are allowed to enter... It's hard to see from a distance, but it does appear that they're presenting some form of ID card to be allowed in... Although others just seem to show a paper of some kind, too.

Koa

Koa turns left, going up the small slope... And doesn't have to go far before entering a smaller room- But still far bigger than the narrow hallways of the actual maze. The floor here seems softer, almost bouncy... Although the point of interest seems to be on an elevated platform, about 4 meters up, and there's a climbing wall and some monkey bars nearby leading to it... The purpose seems pretty clear- Go up there, and collect what seems to be an idol... And it seems to go further beyond even that, although becoming significantly harder- But there's probably another reward up there to be collected...

((Roll athletics/acrobetics if you want to try- You can give me multiple tries if you want to keep retrying barring and don't mind any potential consequences...))

Izzy

Izzy only barely suppresses a groan, and extinguishes her torch just in case... But she's not sure if she really should? It really sounds like Koa is in an entirely different part of the maze, and nowhere close to her... But then why would he see her?

"Alright! We'll get out of here in no time, working together- I think I saw something earlier you might be able to help me with, actually..."

Still doesn't seem like Koa is anywhere close, so she just continues onwards for now... Finally coming across another door- Although this one is far more obvious, of similar make as the door the "reaper" was guarding... Which seems to indicate she needs to solve some kind of puzzle to get it open. Well, shit.

Luckily, she can discern some minor clues- Noticing partly through her wind powers, mostly by touch and vision, that there's a series of two cables running from the door, in both directions... Likely meaning they lead to something like a lever or similar- It shouldn't be too hard to try and track down from here... Assuming that's what she wants, and isn't more interested in potential loot.

"...Okay, did I really scare you that bad to earn the silent treatment..?"

Irene

Irene let's out an almost animal like groan as she lunges with what little might she has. The thing does seem rather agile, though, and seems to notice the attempt as she can only barely latch on- Pulling with all her might to try and get a proper hold on the lantern, snuff out it's flame... And she can hear a sudden "snap", like a piece of burnt firewood turned charcoal being snapped in two, followed by a screech as all resistance of the creature gives way and she collapses backwards on the ground with the lantern in hand... It had been far too dark to see what actually happened, but stumbling up, the creature seems to have ran away... And left her with the lantern- The flame seems to be gone, now instead shedding a soft blue light... Illuminating the runic writings on the wall around her.

Obtained the dark-light lantern.
The maze reveals it's secrets to you.

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

Alex looks at the contesting party's aura's as they enter... As to be expected, most of the robots are completely lacking of the color spectrum, allowing him to see all of those at least without going even blinder than he already was... All with the notable exception of the one robot he's talking to, and has talked to before, known as "Hopper"- Who seems surrounded by a series of screens providing mostly nonsensical data, tinted a dark blue... Tex's meanwhile is a darker green, and almost seems "robotic" in origin- Wrapping over him as if he were walking around in a giant mech suit.

Which leaves the only three left with unknown aura's in the room Numa (Although they know her only as "creepy girl") and the two pokemon accompanying her. The girl seems shrouded in an aura that seems somehow more... Intense than regular. It seems rather dark, although with the daggers she's staring at Tex and his robot companions, it's probably not quite directed towards them- It shrouds her like a cloak, wrapping tightly around her, bottom edges torn as they seem to wisp around her. The two pokemon surrounding her are a bit more mild, but still dark- Being red and blue, with the nidoking's red aura seeming almost like leather armor cladding it, while the golurk's blue aura seems to give it a "spiky" exterior, and a set of claws at it's feet and hands.

"Well since you decided to 'drop in', we thought we'd 'gate-crash' the party!"

Bjorn's joke is met with nothing but silence... That, and actual cricket noises- Which take a moment to be traced back to Hopper, the smartass not even trying to hide it as he's playing a gif of a grasshopper on his screen.

"We could ask you the same. You are the one that destroyed a historic site, ruined pokemon's homes, destroyed this poor girl's home. And... from the looks of it, trying to claim this ship as yours to sell, when you have zero right to do so. Nor knowing what possible danger you'd cause by doing so."

"That is quite the dramatic list you have there, I must admit. Do you have anything that points to that being even remotely true..? I would find destruction a rather large word if all we've done was create an entrance..."

"Needless to say, we've no intentions to do anything illegal... And I'd be saying that even if you weren't making it abundantly clear you're hoping I say something you can use."

"She's always a little impulsive, do forgive her. Anyway, we've been minding our own business here, but unfortunately we couldn't just walk away once we found out an old friend was here. You'll be selling the airship, right? It could be used as a pretty dangerous weapon if it's repaired. You're aware of that already, so what I want to know is what you intend to do about that danger."

"And what are we supposed to be intending? Is it supposed to be our problem?"

"Sir, please. Regardless- What wonderful little coincidences. Still, my boss is right- We've no reason to do anything special. But it is not like you must look at things so harshly... It is not as if we are not trying to arrange something if possible." the robot says, it's screen showing a handshake, as it's aura seems to lighten just the tiniest bit... Still dark in a clear sign that it'd not mind screwing them over if required, but hinting that some kind of deal might still be struck.

"I already told you! I'm not leaving!"

"And we never said you had to leave, my dear."

"But this place can't be kept secret forever... And we are going to be sharing a small little set of numbers with our employer- And that might just bring him here, and while sharing information is far from illegal... We do not consider ourselves responsible for the actions of another."

"Of course, we'd not wish to depart on unhappy terms given this knowledge..."

"So perhaps we could come to a deal?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:49 am

"That is quite the dramatic list you have there, I must admit. Do you have anything that points to that being even remotely true..? I would find destruction a rather large word if all we've done was create an entrance..."
"Yea I have the proof right here, you just said it yourself. Your entrance made destruction of homes of others, and is called breaking and entry for a reason. She has the right to protect it and herself against you. Even by attacking you. And she would be in the right in order to protect herself from your threat, and we would be in the right to help protect her home."

"But this place can't be kept secret forever... And we are going to be sharing a small little set of numbers with our employer- And that might just bring him here, and while sharing information is far from illegal... We do not consider ourselves responsible for the actions of another."

"No. You are not going to bring your employer here when we do not even know who they are, and have NO RIGHT to claim this as yours when we were here first, I have proof of that. You are responsible for the actions of others if you are the ones to bring them here. You are Not going to make this place public! You cannot let anybody use this or have this, many people will die! Please! Don't do this, it's not worth any amount of money.

And if you report this to your employer, we will be forced to tell the league about destroying their property and trying to steal it for profit."
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:01 am

While this isn't where Koa was trying to go, he supposes one idol is as good as any other. He keeps a mental note of the vent-idol, adding it to whatever that graveyard challenge was supposed to be.

So, a wall climb? Seems simple enough.
Athletics on gym climbing wall: 4d6+2 = [5, 4, 4, 4] = 19

Assuming Koa makes it up without any trouble, he'll peer up towards the second ledge. He glances down at the cushioned floor below... then decides to give it a shot. Koa's pretty tough - he took a bomb to the face just yesterday. This shouldn't be a problem... right?
Athletics on gym climbing wall challenge: 4d6+2 = [4, 3, 3, 2] = 14
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:03 am

Keeping quiet, Izzy decides to follow the leftmost cable for now. She still keeps an eye out for loot, but the faint voice of Koa(?) echoing through the tunnels is really starting to creep her out.

Intuition: 9
Perception: 12

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:06 pm

I didn't hurt it, did I? Irene quietly ponders before realizing something more important. The Murkrow idol quickly casting the new light around she looks for it before turning attention to the script on the walls. Gleaning what she can, she starts exploring thinking that there still might be a few candles hidden about.

Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14
Irene perception [2d6] = 7 Intuition [2d6] = 7

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:58 pm

"Haley. Enough. We're not here to argue and yell pointlessly." Alex spreads his hands, "I'll finish up on the ship point first. I'm not asking you guys to do anything drastic. Just that you make sure you remove any weapons built into the ship before selling it. Hopper, I'm sure you know the problem I'm talking about here, right? Even if you're licensed as arms dealers, which I don't have any reason to believe one way or the other, if you sell something while intentionally ignoring the parts intended for use as weapons it creates difficulties. If you have your license, you still have to check that the buyer has the right to own these weapons, you have to contact the League to register the sale, much of the time the seller has to go through the process of making sure the weapon is registered, and it's up to you whether you would get the entire ship registered as a weapon or just the individual weapons built in. But unless your buyer has highly questionable intentions, the lack of those weapons wouldn't change the value drastically, and makes for a much smoother process.
Haley does have one unfortunate point, though. Whatever state, the facility is legally owned by the League. Makes your sale options rather limited to delivering the League their property and hoping to be paid for the retrieval.

Aah, and there's also the fact that you're saying you're not responsible for the actions of others when that's a fallacy. Legally speaking, if a person is aware of a probable threat to others and doesn't take action to prevent it, even by just contacting the proper authorities, then when somebody does take that action, you're guilty of Aiding and Abetting. Since we heard you say that your employers are the kind of people who may just silence you instead of pay, there's no doubt that you're aware of the damage they would likely do with an armed mobile fortress."

All above: Guile: 12

Alex frowns a little, "I'm on your side, girl, but to be honest, he's probably right that it can't be kept secret. With the hole, the place isn't secure anymore. If the reason you're so attached to this place is because it's safe, I'm a little concerned that it won't be for long. The people who come after this may be a lot more volatile. Isn't the safest way to protect your friends here to pack up and leave before the danger hits?"
For Numa: Charm: 17
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Phoenix also looks at ways he could sneak around the security, or into the building.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:45 am

With the group covering the bases regarding hasty confrontation and cautious sensibility, Bjorn figures nothing else needs be said and just glowers.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:04 am

Drake will try to discern where the voice is coming from as he moves further into the room, using the mirror to watch out for where the idol should be in here and grab it if it is just hidden with a bit of magic. There also seems to be an occult theme in this maze so thinking along those lines doesn't hurt either

Drake perception: 5d6 = [5, 5, 5, 4, 3] = 22
Drake occult edu: 5d6 = [6, 6, 5, 1, 1] = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:43 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"Yea I have the proof right here, you just said it yourself. Your entrance made destruction of homes of others, and is called breaking and entry for a reason. She has the right to protect it and herself against you. Even by attacking you. And she would be in the right in order to protect herself from your threat, and we would be in the right to help protect her home."

"Are you saying I'm allowed to beat this guy up..?"

"Except breaking and entry laws only apply when the building or domicile is accessed unauthorized. This place is considered abandoned- There is no one to properly grant or deny access, and the law does hence not apply." the cocky "lawyer-bot" says, screen flicking to what must be the entirety of a law book, highlighting what is relevant to what was just said.

"And with no offense to our dear guest, but I doubt she has the legal rights to do so... Besides, do you really consider it smart to fling charges you are just as guilty of?"

"... Not like I care about needing to be allowed to beat you up if it comes to that."

---

"No. You are not going to bring your employer here when we do not even know who they are, and have NO RIGHT to claim this as yours when we were here first, I have proof of that. You are responsible for the actions of others if you are the ones to bring them here. You are Not going to make this place public! You cannot let anybody use this or have this, many people will die! Please! Don't do this, it's not worth any amount of money. "

"Please, we have no intention of claiming anything in here for ourselves- That'd be considered looting. You'd not consider doing something like that yourselves, would you..?"

"And oh, so I'm guessing you get to do it, because you were here first? Fat chance, kid."

"Besides, I find your idea that people are going to die heavily exaggerated... The ship is far from operable in it's current state. It is likely more to serve as... A collection piece, or simply being salvaged for parts."

"If you want to topple a government, there's much better ways than this... Plasma failed for a reason."

"No subtlety."

"And if you report this to your employer, we will be forced to tell the league about destroying their property and trying to steal it for profit."

"Oh my, miss... I was not aware you are that old you'd mistake the OLD league symbol for the current one..?"

"If records are correct, this place was created when Lance was still the ruler- And the new league likely never learned of it. They don't own it... Yet, of course. Most certainly you could report to them, and they'd be more than glad to come claim this place and everything in it as their own."

"But I think you'd be quick to learn they're even worse than our employer is likely to be."

"Haley. Enough. We're not here to argue and yell pointlessly. I'll finish up on the ship point first. I'm not asking you guys to do anything drastic. Just that you make sure you remove any weapons built into the ship before selling it. Hopper, I'm sure you know the problem I'm talking about here, right? Even if you're licensed as arms dealers, which I don't have any reason to believe one way or the other, if you sell something while intentionally ignoring the parts intended for use as weapons it creates difficulties. If you have your license, you still have to check that the buyer has the right to own these weapons, you have to contact the League to register the sale, much of the time the seller has to go through the process of making sure the weapon is registered, and it's up to you whether you would get the entire ship registered as a weapon or just the individual weapons built in. But unless your buyer has highly questionable intentions, the lack of those weapons wouldn't change the value drastically, and makes for a much smoother process."

"I'd like to point out once again, we're not selling anything. Our employer wanted to know a set of coordinates- That is as far as our business will stretch."

"But if it'll take me taking apart what guns this thing has left to ease your conscience, we can pull that off. I'll just use the scrap myself..."

"Haley does have one unfortunate point, though. Whatever state, the facility is legally owned by the League. Makes your sale options rather limited to delivering the League their property and hoping to be paid for the retrieval."

"Old league ain't the new league, kid! Suppose I couldn't expect you kids to know when you were still in diapers when that whole mess was happening..."

"Aah, and there's also the fact that you're saying you're not responsible for the actions of others when that's a fallacy. Legally speaking, if a person is aware of a probable threat to others and doesn't take action to prevent it, even by just contacting the proper authorities, then when somebody does take that action, you're guilty of Aiding and Abetting. Since we heard you say that your employers are the kind of people who may just silence you instead of pay, there's no doubt that you're aware of the damage they would likely do with an armed mobile fortress."

"...We will keep in contact with our current employer in one form or another. If we believe that he truly has such ill intents, then we shall arrange something."

"We're not evil, mr. Sparo- It's not like we want to facilitate anything along the lines you're suggesting."

"But I spent too much fucking time on this job to just let it walk away from me. So unless you got a better offer..."

"I'm on your side, girl, but to be honest, he's probably right that it can't be kept secret. With the hole, the place isn't secure anymore. If the reason you're so attached to this place is because it's safe, I'm a little concerned that it won't be for long. The people who come after this may be a lot more volatile. Isn't the safest way to protect your friends here to pack up and leave before the danger hits?"

"...Are you serious? He's the one that caused that in the first place! Are you planning on helping, or am I just going to have to beat this guy up myself?!"

"Regardless, it seems we've arrived at an impasse of sorts. Nothing is stopping us from leaving- Unless you were to try a most discouraged venture. At the same time, however, nothing is stopping you from alerting the league, if just for spite, which will still procure unwanted results... This time for both of us."

"So it is in all of our best interests, to come to a deal for the first option. We shall disassemble the weapons on board to ease your conscience. And I'm certain we can come to some kind of agreement that makes you forget having seen this place..."

"I don't want anything you have to offer! I'm gonna beat you up until you won't even be able to tell anyone else!"
► Show Spoiler
Koa

Koa starts his climb, having absolutely zero issues with the initial climb- Soon reaching the first platform, where he collects the rather fitting idol.

Obtained the Mankey idol.

The next section of wall climbing and swinging on monkey bars looks far more difficult, though... But given the cushioned floor below him, gives it a shot regardless- And does surprisingly well for a while, until he eventually misses one of the hand holds as he has to make a jump, soon crashing down as the floor cushions his fall completely.

There's nothing preventing him from just trying again, though, for what he's pretty sure is a TM case up on the second platform... Well, except that if he has a spectacular fail, or just keeps failing over and over he'll get sore, or hurt.

Izzy

Izzy tries to trail the cable as best as she can, although it's harder than it looks- The cable occasionally disappearing into the wall, often only reappearing in a completely different branch... Which doesn't make it a huge surprise that she finds something else, first- Another door similar to the one she had found previously, the one with all the pokemon eggs she couldn't solve... Although this one seems like it might be a bit more fitting for her- The puzzle seeming to consist a series of runic symbols in the correct arrangement...

Although she wasn't sure if she was actually wanting to spend the time- Given what Koa(?) is saying next.

"...Izzy? What are you doing?"

"Izzy, you're freaking me out- Stop! GET BACK!"

Koa's yelling is quickly followed by a blood-curling scream... And then, silence.

Irene

Irene wonders if she might have hurt it, as she at the very least can't hear it's incessant clicking anywhere close anymore... But quickly stops worrying about that, and begins worrying about something far more important: the idol that thing took from her... Sadly, it seemed she was out of luck- While the thing was gone, it took her precious idol with it.

Nothing to be done about it, as she begins exploring once again, theorizing there might be more candles... As she does, she keeps a look on the walls using her lantern, as it illuminates hidden symbols wherever she goes. Most of it still seems decorational, or at least serves no purpose she can discern... And the other text still seems to be advice- Although in this case regelating to the monster who seems to be gone.

And she was very much correct on her hunch: the first point of interest she comes across being just that, another altar with a candle on top...

The fire is already gone.

Phoenix

Phoenix looks for a way into the tower from another way, but can't quite tell any obvious methods from here... There might be a window or something on the second floor he can use, or with some luck one of the neighboring buildings has an entry. He could always try what he did with the gym, too: try and find an entrance from outside the city... Although it's presumable largely glass for a part, so there might not be a "stealthy" way to do that, either.

Drake

Drake attempts to determine where the voice just came from... While at the same time figuring he might as well attempt to "grab" the idol using the mirror, figuring perhaps it's just shrouded with some magic... And soon gets an answer as he's focusing on the mirror and his reflection, mimicking him...

Right up until he's about to go grab the idol where'd it be in the reflection... And suddenly, his reflection decides to not play along anymore- Withdrawing it's hand.

"Nah, you know what- This is stupid. I get chased by some kind of demon, then I'm too scared to try and mess with some tiny spiders, and yet rather than go for the exit here I am messing with some magic I don't understand?"

"I should be running for the exit... Before something bad happen."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:03 am

Haley looks at them "I don't trust you to with the weapon, at all. How do I know you aren't going to use it as the weapon and 'lend it out' to your employer later? Or have your robot make screenshots and or blueprints of the weapon as you dismantle it?

I am not forgetting about this place or what you are doing, because I know that it is going to end in disaster. If you aren't following your own 'logic' and forgetting it yourselves then... No. I refuse to forget it when people's lives are on the line. At the very least hers is."
Haley points to the scary girl.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:28 am

"But if it'll take me taking apart what guns this thing has left to ease your conscience, we can pull that off. I'll just use the scrap myself..."
"That would be good, thank you. Having seen one of your creations before, I don't see need to worry about what you would do with the scrap."

"...We will keep in contact with our current employer in one form or another. If we believe that he truly has such ill intents, then we shall arrange something."
"We're not evil, mr. Sparo- It's not like we want to facilitate anything along the lines you're suggesting."

"Thank you, Hopper. I don't really think you're evil, but you can't hate a guy for making sure. Well you can, but hopefully wouldn't."

"I do have one more question, though, unrelated to the rest of the debate... Tex, how is it that you brought Hopper to life? As in, actual life. He's... Well, there are subtleties that are completely impossible to reproduce with an AI, but he does exhibit them."

"So you want us to ignore your presence here. What would you even be offering for that?"
Intuition: do they actually intend to make a deal, or are they just trying to get us to leave them be?
(Can't really think of anything else that might actually require intuition.)
Last edited by Dlover on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:29 am

...okay, this was starting to get pretty fucking freaky. Was that actually Koa she was hearing? Did he run into something disguised as her, and get caught? What if he was in trouble? But....if real-Koa ran into a fake-Izzy, then that meant there could easily be a fake-Koa...right? So maybe there was no real-Koa after all, and this whole thing was just a trick to get her to reveal herself?!

Or maybe this was all just a messed-up hallucination from that stupid potion she drank :roll:

Focus not to freak the fuck out: 12

Somehow, Izzy is able to avoid freaking out. Mostly. Trying to ignore the fucked up shit happening elsewhere in the maze, she distracts herself with the puzzle, doing her best to match up the symbols as quickly as possible. That doesn't stop her from keeping an ear out for something creeping up on her, though.

Occult: 21
Per: 13

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:31 am

Koa's skin reflexively hardens to absorb the impact, but thankfully the cushioned floor does all of that for him. His heart thumps a little faster though, nonetheless.

He looks back up at the dark climbing wall. He'd almost made it! And for what looked like a TM, too... those things were expensive, and who knows what it could be or when it'll be useful? After all, Koa would've never thought he'd have taught his Dazzling Gleam TM to a crystalline, alien jellyfish pokemon from another dimension.

Deciding to give it another shot, he starts up the climb. He tries to be more cautious and more deliberate with his movements.
Athletics on gym climbing wall challenge 2: 4d6+2 = [5, 4, 3, 1] = 15

...Which leads to his limbs starting to tire out and not have enough gas to make the trickier jumps, causing him to fall (safely) to the floor once again. He can't keep doing this all night, Koa realizes, or soon he'll be too tired to even climb the ladder back up to the idol platform.

With that, Koa decides to burst through the challenge, quickly ascending and traversing handhold after handhold, even holding his flashlight in his mouth so both his hands are completely free.
Athletics on gym climbing wall challenge 3: 4d6+2 = [6, 5, 4, 1] = 18 (AP boosting to 20)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:01 am

Irene stares into the emptiness after the lost idol for a bit, Of course I lost the very item that had me desperate enough to try to grab fire with my bare hands... she thinks sullenly to herself.

Upon seeing the candle, unlit as a bonus she relaxes. Seems she has "completed" this challenge. Before going back to the original clown trio to throw items for tickets she keeps exploring the maze. Taking note of what she has, Mankey Idol, 2 candles, a less useful flashlight, a very useful latern, and an escape button.

Using the latern to light the path, and enjoying the fact she has decorations to help break up the monotonous of the wall. Even if the runes bare information she already stumbled into blindly she still does her best to decipher them along her way.

Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14 Irene perception [2d6] = 8 Intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 8 Irene perception [2d6] = 8 Intuition [2d6] = 7
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14 Irene perception [2d6] = 5 Intuition [2d6] = 9

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:47 am

Well, if I can't sneak in, maybe I can just con my way in.

Phoenix starts walking towards the line of people and enters it. When he gets to the front, he casually tries to step past the security guard. Assuming he is stopped, Phoenix will say this. I was asked to come here. I fought the gym challenge last night and won. I guess somebody was impressed. They asked me to stop by before I head out of the city today. I can't remember their name. It looked like that one actor from that one movie with the two people who fall in love. I'll be honest, I was kinda drunk, and I'm not a huge movie buff, so I'm not sure, but he seemed to be interested, and I don't want to blow him off. Any chance I can get in?
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 am

Check to see if they're being legit with making an offer:
Bjorn Intuition check: 2D6 = [3, 3] = 6

Bjorn continues to defer to Alex with the negotiations, and is about as intuitive as a pickle.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:15 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"That would be good, thank you. Having seen one of your creations before, I don't see need to worry about what you would do with the scrap."

"I don't trust you to with the weapon, at all. How do I know you aren't going to use it as the weapon and 'lend it out' to your employer later? Or have your robot make screenshots and or blueprints of the weapon as you dismantle it?"

"What'd the hell you'd have me do else, kid? Meltdown the reactor on the ship and reduce this area to Orre desert so nothing can be used?"

"Quick note- Current intel seem to suggest that the reactor on board is a passive reactor, and at worst could only reach a strength lightly above more rudimentary explosives. The boss just likes to be dramatic in situations not befitting them."

"Thank you, Hopper. I don't really think you're evil, but you can't hate a guy for making sure. Well you can, but hopefully wouldn't."

"I do have one more question, though, unrelated to the rest of the debate... Tex, how is it that you brought Hopper to life? As in, actual life. He's... Well, there are subtleties that are completely impossible to reproduce with an AI, but he does exhibit them."

"It's because I'm a god damned genius, that's how."

"Actually, Mr. Sparo... I'm just a porygon- This 'robot' is simply my preferred form of transport."

"I still made you, so that still means I'm a god. Damned. Genius."

"I was never disputing that."

"So you want us to ignore your presence here. What would you even be offering for that?"

"Making a stock of what we could offer... How would twenty grand sound?"

"What?!"

"Admittedly, it is on the rather high end of what we could offer... I suppose it is best considered a share of the bounty on this place."

Tex grumbles, seemingly not happy, while Hopper makes it a point to display the number in big round digits on his screen... As far as Alex can tell, the only one with decent intuition (Or at least the only one who's the best at it, as Luna is definitely listening attentively as well), it does seem that Hopper is very serious about the offer- 20 grand if they make themselves scarce and don't mention it... On the other hand, he's a bit more doubtful about how "altruistic" they might be- While Hopper wasn't lying that he doesn't want anyone to get hurt, they're being paid enough he'd be willing to turn a blind eye- To an extent, at least... But where that line lies is far harder to determine.

"I am not forgetting about this place or what you are doing, because I know that it is going to end in disaster. If you aren't following your own 'logic' and forgetting it yourselves then... No. I refuse to forget it when people's lives are on the line. At the very least hers is."

"Like I said already... I can't leave. I don't care how much you can offer for it."

"If I may speak up as well... Mr Hopper and Mr Tex, while I can sense you're not doing all this with the intent of malice, it's clear that you're willing to eschew potential consequences in the names of profit. I'm not sure I can accept something like that."

"Well... Then that's a shame. Guess we'll have no choice but to leave, then."

"What? You can't just leave!"

"Oh, but we can. Really, like we just said, we'd much prefer to part on agreeable terms- But if you're refusing, I suppose we've no other option but to leave- Our task was just to give the coordinates, I suppose it'll be up to our employer to deal with any potential league mess..."

"What would you do against it..?"

The girl is walking up, two pokemon besides her hesitantly in tow...

"Kid, you lash out at us, we're gonna punch back- You don't want that, trust me. Walk away while you can."

"And you've got no idea who you're dealing with..."

Izzy

Izzy attempts her very best to not flip the fuck out while wondering if she might have inadvertently lead to the grueling demise of a friend... But manages to keep mostly composed as she none the less tries to solve the riddle of the door. It's surprisingly enough, not that hard for her- It relies on being able to read the unown script, of course, but it's still in plain english- Some of the unown are a bit more tricky to identify, but once you know them, you know them... Hopefully nobody was gonna question her where she learnt it as the door unlocks... Beyond, she finds a small room- Holding an idol.

OBTAINED THE ABRA IDOL

Keeping an ear to the ground, and her air senses on high alert, she can't sense anything as it seems everything's gone dead silent... For now.

She's just hoping it's not hallucinations coming to haunt her any second now. Would that even be legal..?

Koa

Koa's quite eager to try and go for the tm again- Those things are pretty hard to come by after all, usually... Only a bit less if you have a combee that conveniently manages to find it.

So with that, he gives it another shot- Which soon turns to failure as he's glad for the cushioned ground, his legs giving way on a tougher part of the climb and monkey bars... But not quite hurt yet, he gives it one more try- And barely makes it up on the way too hard climb, but he does... As he hauls himself up the platform, and takes a good couple deep breaths before claiming his prize.

Found TM 65: Acrobatics

Irene

Irene sighs about the loss as she backtracks towards the clown room... She does note that the lantern doesn't seem to actually shed any light- It does "light up" the walls, but that alone isn't enough to really illuminate the hallways... On the other hand, one could navigate just as well using them.

So with that, she backtracks... Accidentally setting off another one of those clown traps on the way- But with no screeching or clicking sounds coming soon after, it's just annoying and loud... Eventually finding her way back to the clown room, who seem to have returned to their usual jolly, yet creepy appearances. Most of the runic writings on the way were still relating to the monster, and hence no longer really interesting, but she does spot one note in the clown room- A statement saying that the stands will only pay out a max of three tickets each, before shutting down...

Phoenix

Phoenix walks to the front of the line, which isn't terribly long- There's definitely people trying to get in, but most are just being brushed aside after a quick attempt... So it doesn't take long for him to speak to one of the big, brawny guys in front.

"I was asked to come here. I fought the gym challenge last night and won. I guess somebody was impressed. They asked me to stop by before I head out of the city today. I can't remember their name. It looked like that one actor from that one movie with the two people who fall in love. I'll be honest, I was kinda drunk, and I'm not a huge movie buff, so I'm not sure, but he seemed to be interested, and I don't want to blow him off. Any chance I can get in?"

"Ah yes, that movie. The one where two people fall in love. That narrows it down to... Pretty much all of them."

"You'll have to be a bit more specific, kid- Otherwise you can move on."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:58 am

Koa takes a seat to rest for a bit, shining his light on and peering at the label on the TM case. Acrobatics, huh? He supposed that made sense, considering the challenge. He'd have to check his 'dex later to see who could use it.

After a few moments, Koa carefully makes his way down, finds the vent that led him to this room, and heads back in. He wants to check out that straightaway path he passed up before, the other idol below the vents still on his mind.