PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:50 am

Drake considers sneaking after the robot, but given his not so sneaky nature he decides to close the path behind him with the sliding door, half knowing it likely won't matter because a lot of this place is likely automated and the door will open up anyways or lock behind him after he closes the door and he will die a slow and painful death as he starves.

Drake intuition: 2d6 = [4, 2] = 6
Drake perception: 5d6 = [4, 4, 4, 1, 1] = 14
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Izzy

Izzy grabs a tight hold of the vent's handles, a foot bracing against the wall as she summons every last bit of her strength forth, pulling with every fibre in her body!

Sadly, that matters little when it turns out that said strength is equivalent to having trouble lifting a bucket filled with water, as she silently curses the vent forbidding her from accessing it's secrets... And moves on. Her slightly annoyed wandering slightly less attentive than usual, but by combination of both her perception and abilities, still manages to find her way into yet another point of interest... A metal door of some kind, with a mechanism in front- As it doesn't take too long to figure out that it's actually a puzzle of sorts. Some kind of "matching elements" kind of thing, where she has to match a whole bunch of egg pictures to their matching pokemon...

And it's probably out of her league, too. Unless she wanted to spend a (probably) significant time trying to brute force it... As she silently curses this maze continuing to throw challenges at her that are just a bit above her pay grade. It's almost as if there's some hidden, pre-selected design to this whole maze.

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"Then...how are we supposed to keep it safe? We don't want these other people take it. Is there like a large bag or something to carry it in?"

"Carrying it is an option. It is sadly not exactly inconspicuous."

"The best option would probably be to take it back to the temple... But we've got no convenient method to take it there."

"The best idea may in fact be to leave it here. It's been save for over thirty years, left undetected. The odds of that suddenly changing is one in a million."

"...For some inexplicable reason, I can't but help feel as if suddenly the odds became a whole lot more possible."

"Ok so we could either: tie it to Tank's back and she carry it for us along with our gear; get some robot or drone here to carry it; get it to the airship and somehow get that thing flying."

"Unfortunately, that airship belonged to Team Plasma, and the authorities would likely shoot it down on sight and arrest or shoot anyone found on it. That and it probably flew using the ice core."

"It is actually largely powered by the nuclear reactor installed in it, and a series of balloons and hoverpads... Although yes, the matter of making it operational once more, not to mention the fact it is the extreme opposite of subtlety, are issues."

Ultimately, what the trainers do with this puzzle box is up to them- For now, they stick to looting investigating the freezer and bathroom. At least Alex seemed mostly right there'd be little of interest there, unless they want to collect soap- But one first aid kit is still available here, as well as a pair of running shoes... Apparently forgotten, and a bit dusty, but left mostly alone in time, should still be fine.

The freezer meanwhile turns out both more rewarding and... Not quite rewarding. As, quite obviously, a good long time ago, the cooling of this room finally gave out... Meaning the trainers are met with a horrible smell upon opening the freezer, and yet not nearly as bad as it could have been given just how long it's been there... Although the more stoic party members enter none the less. Most thing have molded over, or turned to dust... Except the pre-made burgers, which makes you trust those even less.

There's still some things worth salvaging, though- Including a whole 6 pack of enrichened water, and four bottles of sparkling lemonade. You're not sure you really trust the latter given how long it must have been down here, but it still looks and smells fine... Which still makes it a hard choice between considering it safe and grabbing it, or swearing off soda forever, too. There's also still three jars of honey, and 2 empty collection jars.

(Again, the medicine left in the storage room will take a medicine edu check to verify what's safe and what's not...)

Koa

"Yeah, maybe I'll see ya in a little bit!"

Fatale is off, offering a smile and seeming to blow him a kiss from afar as she does a spin while running off- At least she didn't leave him blushing this time... As he's rounding up for entering the gym himself, and this time around would soon find him signing up with another, this time a male helper, filling in the quiz with brutal honesty prior to entering... But not before having a little conversation with the Eternal Spark, first.

Code: Select all

Of course I did. :)

Yes, technically speaking, the league is the only one with the cloning technology... :)

Also technically speaking, the new league discontinued the process, and it's strictly an old league remnant. :)

But yes, it can not be denied that they're the ones still possessing this old technology... And it would be hard to recreate without some kind of help, suggesting a potential link. :)

I'd know. I helped create it, after all. :)

Ha ha ha.

As for the runaway clone... We are not quite sure he actually ran, did he? :)

He might just be a prime candidate for a double agent, showing some remorse while staying in the ranks... :)

Requires finding him, of course. :/

And I believe you are talking about senator Goodwill. :)
Following all that, Koa is met with the darkness of the maze... And left with the initial decision of if he wants to left, or right- His intuition telling him that, really, there's probably only semantic differences... At first, at least.

Irene

As another claw like appendage strokes much closer this time, Irene panic-ports- Ending up behind the beast as she manages to get a proper look at it. It appears vaguely humanoid, but can't possibly be, needing to be some kind of pokemon... Although never having seen anything like it before, she's not sure if that'd even be correct and it might not actually be some kind of monster. While originally perhaps a humanoid of some kind, even now wearing what seems to be tattered trainer apparel, it's skin was dark and shriveled, limbs much thinner than should be humanely possible. It's knees were bent backwards. In one hand, it seemed to be carrying some kind of lantern...

And also, it was lacking any kind of head.

As it's flailing attack first seems to hit something, before it suddenly disappears, the creature seems momentarily confused... But eventually just keeps running straight ahead- Smacking into the wall ahead before rounding the corner, giving Irene some much needed relief as she tries to figure out what to do next...

Phoenix

Phoenix is not going to miss this chance, boldly asking where to get the necessary quest items... Soon on his way! Midas seems to sigh internally at this "meaningless distraction", but seems to know well enough to not even try and stop him. He tries to convince himself that no one is watching or judging as he hands over the 50 dollars for the item... This is in fact true, but he still fails none the less. Quickly stowing it away, he reveals it just as quickly once again. Now, with the item ready, things start off... Rather awkwardly at first, although things quickly escalate to previous levels... And this time, beyond- The two engaging in a youngsters passion, and all that entails... Including the awkward bits where neither seems to know the best way to go about things. But eventually leaving both satisfied, and quite exhausted- As he's laid claim to the title of being "first".

"Well, then... Guess I should give you my number?"
► Show Spoiler
Drake

Drake shuts the door, convincing himself it was just some kind of robot... And if it was, surely locking the door would be the "stop following me" signal... As he progresses through the maze once more. Slowly but surely, he becomes aware that this part of the maze is not nearly as... Well kept? It seems a lot more "dusty" in general, and there's an increasing appearance of cob webs on the upper edges of the halls. Which he takes as another prop at first... Until shining his flashlight up there, he catches a couple spinarak quickly scurry away into some deeper webs- Are there actual wild pokemon in here!

At least they seem docile... As wandering through the maze, he eventually finds himself in a dead end- Not exactly a special event given the maze-like structure of this place, except it would not be fair to call it "just" a dead end... rather, it seems to contained what seems to be a "vending machine"..? It is asking for an item to be inserted- In return, promising the "thief" TM.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Well, Koa goes left, then.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 pm

"I am not leaving it here. Even if there is a slim chance, I am not taking it. We can try to disguise it...actually do you think I can fit it in one of the humanoid robots?"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm

You keep reminding us about that medicine, Mort, but we all have trash for Med:Edu. We'd just poison ourselves. :p

"... Haley, it's a cubic metre in size. Any robot it can fit inside would be massive, and thus very eye-catching... It's not like I don't want to take it, I'm just trying to be the voice of reason. Kind of. But hey, this core is meant to have Subterfuge as one of its elements, right? Shouldn't it be able to... Shrink, or hide itself, or something? I know you said using its power takes a lot of power input, but it's an ancient mystical artifact, so has anyone tried, uh, asking it? Like this?" Alex reaches out to the cube, hesitating slightly as his hands dip into the surrounding aura that dazzles his eyes, pressing them gently against the surface, "We need thine power. Grant us aid and disguise thyself from view." Pausing a moment, Alex backs up, blushing slightly, "Well, something like that?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:12 pm

"It will be eye catching anyways, we can't let those guys that have the other core take this one, and we need to keep it safe. *snort* You are a dork.

...And you gave me an idea. If that, whatever that was doesn't work, then we can try to paint it as a companion cube. Then you won't look insane by talking to it."
Haley says the last part in jest.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:17 pm

"Can I stuff that latern for tickets?" Irene ponders as she casts reflect onto her self... if that thing comes back, at least she could take a hit. Turning around Irene chooses to walk the other way to see what pathways she might have missed in her frenzied attempt to get away. Quietly steeling herself she holds a flashlight in one hand, idol in the other, and the murkrow one on her hip just so that couldn't clank together, taking one slow step at a time.

Irene perception [2d6] = 4 Intuition [2d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 13
Irene perception [2d6] = 10 Intuition [2d6] = 2 survival [3d6] = 10
Irene perception [2d6] = 9 Intuition [2d6] = 7 survival [3d6] = 15

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Uh... yeah. Definitely! And here is mine, too Phoenix gives Alex his number, and enters hers into his phone.
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:29 am

Poke Edu: 5

Izzy takes one look at the puzzle before giving up, throwing up her hands in frustration as she walks away. What was the point of cheaty magic powers if they were gonna put a bunch of obstacles in her way!

Intuition: 13
Perception: 8

She takes one last look around, but presumably finds nothing - her impatience distracting her from properly searching. Making her way back to the reaper-room, she enters properly this time, bracing herself for some kind of jump-scare from the robots.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:06 am

Bjorn takes two bottles of the enriched water, one bottle of sparkling lemonade, one jar of honey and offers the same to Alex and Haley equally.
Presuming Alex points out the running shoes, Bjorn asks "Does anyone want those?"

Back to the puzzle box - Bjorn picks up one of the collection jars. "Maybe it shrinks to fit things?" He holds out the collection jar to the box, and then moves the jar towards to box to gently and slowly initiate scooping it up.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:29 am

Alex accepts the drinks, "Wearing something other than dress shoes would probably be a good idea. These things are not made for off-road travel. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're not made for on-road travel. They're just made to look good and cause pain."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 am

Haley grabs 2 waters, a sparkling lemonade, jar of honey, a collection jar. She gives the remaining lemonade to Luna. "Here. Just incase. I know you got healy powers but it's better to be safe."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 am

Koa

Koa moves to the left, keeping his intuition on peak levels, while looking as much as this "flashlight" will allow him too... Which isn't that much, with how intentionally shitty it seems. Regardless, it soon leads him down one of the side passages, where near it's end he finds something of apparent interest: A metal door. It seems pretty clear to him this probably isn't any way forward, but that would only mean there's one of those mentioned "idols" beyond it, or perhaps just an item... Although he's not sure if he could actually crack the puzzle without spending a lot of time on it- It seems like it's some kind of "matching game" where he has to match pokemon eggs to their respective pokemon... Except quite a lot of them are obscure, and there's many he'd have to go and match...

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"I am not leaving it here. Even if there is a slim chance, I am taking it. We can try to disguise it...actually do you think I can fit it in one of the humanoid robots?"

"... Haley, it's a cubic metre in size. Any robot it can fit inside would be massive, and thus very eye-catching..."

"It is only 0.125 cubic meters, actually. Sadly that is still rather hard to hide. It could be carried with relative ease, but keeping it hidden might be a different matter... Keeping it in a bag or disguising it somehow might be the best course of action for now."

It's not like I don't want to take it, I'm just trying to be the voice of reason. Kind of. But hey, this core is meant to have Subterfuge as one of its elements, right? Shouldn't it be able to... Shrink, or hide itself, or something? I know you said using its power takes a lot of power input, but it's an ancient mystical artifact, so has anyone tried, uh, asking it? Like this?" Alex proposes, getting close to the now rather inert looking box... Putting his hands on the cold metal as he attempts to address it:

"We need thine power. Grant us aid and disguise thyself from view."

As to be probably expected, nothing happens... The bug box refusing to obey any commands. Bjorn has a similar strategy he wants to try, thinking maybe the box ought to shrink to fit in whatever container might be presented... But he ends up looking just as silly, if not more, as Alex did just a moment ago- The box refusing to give even an inch no matter how he taps the glass container towards it.

Meanwhile, they distribute the found drinks among each other, and debate over the found shoes, as Alex eventually seems to claim them for himself, to relieve off the otherwise "blister shoes" he's wearing... Luna also claims the medical kit, assuming no one else does- Stating she doesn't exactly have much experience in medical aid, but at least it'd be something if she otherwise ran out of spells.

Which still leaves the puzzle box the only issue left unresolved. Are they really just going to carry it..?

Irene

Irene waits a while, before making sure to shift everything she has in just the right manner to make as little sound as possible, continuing onwards... But fright is still overtaking her, as she's not exactly super perceptive to start things off with... And suddenly finds herself startled as she notices something on the side of a side passage she entered burst out with a loud sound- The mechanical clown there smashing cymbals together and laughing, as it makes a hellish sound...

And she can just faintly make out the sound of screeching as no doubt that thing is bounding right back to this location..!

(Stealth if you wish to hide, athletics if you want to run- You're welcome to think off some alternative plan you might have too, of course...)

Phoenix

Uh... yeah. Definitely! And here is mine, too Phoenix eventually manages to reply, still taking a moment to come down from their "time together"... Both none the less swapping numbers with each other- Alex now content to hang to his side while turning her attention back to the tv neither of you had paid attention to for all this time... Seems it was the ending of this dumb movie- The idiot finally got the girl, and the dick got kicked in the dick. It's all still incredibly stupid.

"Now that you've had your fun, shall we get on with our plan of action? If you are so intent to leave for the rest of your friends again soon..."

Izzy

Izzy throws her hands in frustration after she tries to file in a puzzle solution, and the thing doesn't even give her a hint towards the right one... What was the point to cheaty powers if there were obstacles to prevent her from using them, anyways?! To be fair, she can still sort of "peek" through the door using them... Except it's only able to tell her there's a small room beyond she's missing out on.

So with that, she quickly returns back to the "graveyard", keeping a lookout on the way, but indeed not seeming to spot much else as she beelines it there, bracing herself for a jumpscare... But finds herself disappointed as instead things seem far more... Ambient. The single reaper robot does slowly seem to raise it's head towards her, and it's eyes glow red as it seems to stare intently her... But the only thing it does as she approaches slowly is to lift one of it's mechanical claws- Pointing out a sign nearby, as Izzy moves to investigate it:

"TO PROCEED, BREW THE DRINK OF THE DEAD"

Following it, the most basic instructions seem to be in 'common'- It appears that at the alchemy station over to the right, she'll need to start off by lighting a fire with what little tools she has, just a small couple logs and twigs provided... Which is to be followed by inserting a specific kind of herb in specific kind of receptacles and pulling some levers, which should, theoretically, output this "drink of the dead" in the final receptacle...

Which is where things do turn a bit more complicated, it seems- As the sign instructs to use the book on the table to find which ingredients go where, and she discovers that most of it is in some kind of runic script- One that she might actually be able to decipher, but she'd probably still need to be able to figure out what ingredient would be what, exactly- As on first glance, most of the ingredients provided seem foreign to her...

(Survival, occult edu, and med edu rolls please.)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:48 am

Izzy starts off by searching the room as thoroughly as she can for....anything, really. Surely they'd leave some clues or extra tools lying around?

Perception to search room: 14

Assuming she doesn't find anything useful though, she moves on to the challenge at hand. At first, she's stumped. How was she supposed to light a fire without matches? But then she has a flash of inspiration - ripping some cloth off the reaper robot's cloak to use as tinder, she tries pressing the flashlight's bulb up to it, hoping the heat from the light will be enough to get it smouldering. If it does catch, she'll then carefully pile the twigs on top, focusing hard to avoid accidentally putting it out and having to start again.

Focus to light fire: 10 11
Survival to light fire: 11
Occult to read runes: 14
Medicine to identify herbs: 5

If that works, she then moves to deciphering the runes. And while she's not an expert, she thinks she might recognise a couple....looks like all that time hanging out in old temples might be about to pay off!

Aaaaand that's where it falls apart. Looking through the herbs, she has literally no clue what each one is. The best she can do is rely on her intuition, and hope to pick the right ones? But even that seems to be failing her right now....

Intuition to guess herbs?: 11
► Show Spoiler
EDIT: Realized I missed a +1 on my Focus check, so added that in. Not that it really matters too much :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:48 am

Alex is now slightly less awful at athletics, thanks to those shoes! :cheer:

"Ah, half a metre across. Could have sworn it was a full metre. Not too good with spacial judgement, especially in regards to a thing that glows like the sun in a box. Which... Y'know, if the sun was put in a box that it didn't destroy, it probably wouldn't actually glow, so this technically- I'm getting sidetracked, from an also pointless topic. Anyway. All the mystical and arcane nonsense aside, it looks like a puzzle box. I'm good with working things out. So, if this blows me to smithereens, somebody punch Hoopa for me. Oh, and somebody take my pokemon to the ship for healing while I work on this, please. Anyone who can help, it would be appreciated."

Alex sits down by the box, heaves it as much into his lap as possible, and starts working on doing the actually reasonable thing with a puzzle box, and also one of the two things he does well. Solve the puzzle. Starting by running his hands over the surface seeking any latches which can be turned, pulled, or pushed, inch by inch, one face at a time, his eyes follow the aura, seeking a clue to opening the box in the nature of this existence.

Y'know what, I have AP laying around, so let's Boost this, too. I even picked up Instinctive Aptitude with that latest level, so +2 instead of +1.
Intuition: 5d6+2+2=19. Bit below average. Almost certainly not good enough, if it's possible.

Deciding not to mention it aloud to the others, since he certainly seems crazy enough as it is, he has another idea. A god can open this. What about them makes them special enough to do that? It's either knowledge of its workings, in which case his hands will find the way, or... When he and Phoenix fought Hoopa, something around it seemed to break, something which he thinks he may now see around this box, that slate, and the others in the room. If all the others have such an aura, he should too, and he just can't see it. Maybe the difference is that humans don't know how to use their aura. A little concerned he's actually going mad, Alex decides to try probing with more than his hands, reaching out on a more... Fundamental level. Seeking an opening, a way to protect the box from abuse, something.
(Aura Pulse. It can only be used to send thoughts and such, but it doesn't specify humans or pokemon, just "the target's mind." I'm hoping that since this thing has an aura, if the aura isn't a key to unlocking the box, Alex can... Commune with it? Or something?)

So, Haley, Bjorn, and all their pokemon, only have Untrained Intuition, so they can't help, but maybe Luna or one of hers has novice Intuition, in which case Assistance (+1/2*her rank) would be nice?

What? No, this isn't the dumbest idea. Think about it, everyone assumes these things are ancient mystical objects that only the gods can open. It's actually fairly likely nobody has though to try to just open a puzzle box the way it should be opened. Okay. Maybe these are the dumbest ideas. No harm in trying, though. Unless trying annihilates Alex from the face of existence. In which case, he probably had it coming or something.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:06 am

"So sparky, any ideas? And it better not be 'leave it here." Haley tries to find a larger bag to fit it in. They had hazmat suits, why not something else?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:17 am

Koa figures he'd take a crack at the puzzle, at least. He wasn't that knowledgeable on pokemon breeding, but the eggs usually had the same kinds of colors and patterns as the pokemon they came from, right?

Intuition on egg puzzle door: 5d6+4 = [3, 3, 3, 2, 1] = 16

Edit: removed Royal Priviledge bonus and AP boost.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Irene pauses taking a moment to look at the clown for anything she could remove.

if there's stuff to loot borrow she'll take what she can, and when she see's the thing enter she'll hurl one of the items down the path she hasn't entered.
Irene athletics [2d6] = 7

if it doesn't look like there's anything to use, she'll dash through the room deeper into the maze, her need for safety far outclassing her need to observe her situation, even though that's what brought about this situation in the first place. After hopefully creating some distance she'll pay a bit more attention to whats going on
Irene athletics [2d6] = 11 perception [2d6] = 3 Intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene athletics [2d6] = 11 perception [2d6] = 3 Intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene athletics [2d6] = 3 perception [2d6] = 7 Intuition [2d6] = 9
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:48 am

Drake will approach the spinaraks with a friendly demeanor.

"Can't imagine a lot of food comes through here for you guys. If you you'd like we could co-operate. I can get you a great meal outside of this place and perhaps help you find a better hunting ground. All I need is a bit of help getting a few items through the maze like this. But anything can help though."

Drake will show them the idol he got left. If the have anything useless to throw into the vending machine he'll go for it. Afterwards just continue to find his way through the maze.

Drake poke charm: 5d6 = [6, 4, 3, 2, 2] = 17
Drake perception: 5d6 = [6, 5, 2, 2, 2] = 17
Drake intuition: 2d6 = [5, 2] = 7
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:12 am

"Now that you've had your fun, shall we get on with our plan of action? If you are so intent to leave for the rest of your friends again soon..."

Sure! What's the plan?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:38 pm

If all of Alex's efforts fail, Bjorn thinks for a bit before walking over and channeling some of his 'magic' into the corner of the puzzle box, touching a corner and attempting to lower the temperature while fingers of frost creep out across the surface from the corner.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Izzy

Izzy starts by searching the room, inspecting some of the graves more closely... All of them seem to have a name, but nothing strikes odd about them- Except perhaps the one called "I. Fell" as an obvious joke, and an still undug one that... Has her name on it. Joy.

She does take note, though, in that these few patches of dirt throughout the otherwise tiled rooms, she can spot a couple curious flowers that don't quite look like weeds... Which she keeps in the back of her head as she goes back to the table to begin properly investigating this book, finding her expeditions recently to be paying off... Most of the important stuff in the book is handled in simple "unown script", the only thing she's required to know is which symbol correlates to which letter, which is easy enough as she quickly gleams the overall requirements of what has to go where... Although many of the ingredients listed sound completely foreign to her- And while the book does seem to detail what is what more closely, these descriptions seem a bit more complex than the standard instructions unown script... And she's only able to deduce a couple of ingredients as the other seem written in either some kind of language foreign to her, or some kind of code... These she enters in their correct slots without issue, but the others are harder, giving her only partial information, or none at all, essentially leaving her to guess... On a hunch, though, she does notice that one of the descriptions seems to mention some characteristics she doesn't really see in any of the provided ingredients... But can match with the "weeds" she found earlier- As she is quick to go grab those and shove them in what she hopes is the right spot. Having no clue for the rest, though, she's forced to put in some of the ingredients at random, and hope she's got it right...

With everything in place, she gets to stoking the fire, which goes pretty smoothly- Even though she can swear the animatronic is almost staring at her as she rips some cloth for kindling... Even if there seems to be a couple sticks just perfect for that already- Managing to get it smoldering running a couple of those together... And soon she begins the actual distillation, herbs beginning to boil in the water and other liquids as it runs through tubes, as she's... Pretty sure she's managing to follow the instructions- To be quite honest, she doesn't really know enough about medicine, or a process like this, to be sure... But does eventually get a culmination of her efforts starting to drip down and collect in the final container- A dark brown, reddish mixture pooling up...

Eventually, she grabs hold of it, nearing the reaper to see what exactly she is even supposed to do with it... Is there something to dump it down in? Does she just need to show it? Before she can really kick off a search, a voice seems to answer her questions...

"DRINK."

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Alex, after some deliberation, sets himself down with the puzzle box, coming to the foolish conclusion he could try... Opening it, like it's supposed to..? Each of the sides seems to have a set of symbols he can shift, but it seems like there's no actual method to the madness... And one of the sides just seems to hold a deep, circular recession, as if something is to be inserted... But no clue as to what that could be- As with the idea of trying to solve it is thrown out of the window, he turns trying to "speak" to it once more, on a fundamental level, even if the box's aura now seemed gone...

But no dice there, either. The box is inert- It's refusing any commandments...

"So sparky, any ideas? And it better not be 'leave it here."

Code: Select all

Hmm... Honestly though, that might just actually be the best idea. :/

This place does have a bit of a "guardian" in that girl you found earlier, who'd probably protect it without even being aware of it's presence here. :o

And she might just be willing to do it voluntarily, too. :)

I could offer someone I know and trust to come collect it... But that, of course, means you'd need to trust me. :)

And while I'd like to think you do, I'm quie sure at least one of you isn't that convinced. :(

Alternatively, I suppose the alternative is to simply carry it in a large enough bag, of which I'm certain one will be around, and just make sure to hand it over to some of your friends as soon as you arrive at the city. :)

You might not have a quick method to store it safely at the temple, but they will. :)
Bjorn also tries a crack at the puzzle box- But his attempts to "chill" the box are met with as much response as Alex managed to get: nothing, that is. With the one odd exception perhaps, is that the box doesn't really seem to cool- Continuing to stay "cool", but utterly failing to be cooled beyond said point.

With that, it seems their time in here is finally rounding up- As, assuming they neither take up the Spark on his offer, or hide it somewhere in here, a bag is soon collected to at least cover it for now... The exit awaiting them, and with that access to the ship if they want to heal their pokemon.

Surely, nothing can go wrong at this point.

Koa

Koa spends some time simply investigating closer... Sure, education would probably help a lot here... But there's usually some kind of correlation to the design and the actual pokemon, isn't there? So he decides to go by intuition rather than pure knowledge... A couple ones he feels quite sure about, which he places and keeps there, before beginning to experiment... Likely spending more time there than he'd have done if he'd have actually known the answer, rather than experiment... But just as he ends up deciding to call it quits, it seems he gets lucky- Hearing a satisfying "click" as the door opens..!

Inside, he finds a small room- An idol placed upon a little plaque...

OBTAINED IDOL: ABRA

Irene

Irene quickly investigates the obvious trap, but finds nothing she could take off it to throw... Barring she had super strength and could rip off one of those cymbals, at least- And instead settles with just booking it down a corridor... Which seems to work out surprisingly well, as she manages to make a decent distance before the monster arrives, allowing her to continue investigating the hallways... The monster closer, but not quite on her tail. Soon, she finds herself towards a dead end, but ends up approaching it closer regardless given it's point of interest... Firstly that it's not as dark as many other corridors- Up ahead a small shrine of sorts, a small, blue candle with dark wax flickering on it's end... She can't help but recall that lantern as she looks at it- It had been glowing faintly similar...

Drake

"Can't imagine a lot of food comes through here for you guys. If you you'd like we could co-operate. I can get you a great meal outside of this place and perhaps help you find a better hunting ground. All I need is a bit of help getting a few items through the maze like this. But anything can help though."

Sadly, while it seems he's caught some of the spiders attention, it doesn't seem like they're intent on listening to his request... Which can mean one of many things- Maybe they just don't know how to fulfill his request, maybe they just don't trust him, or maybe what he's offering does not quite interest them... Regardless, though, he soon moves on regardless, finding his path beginning to take him down a path carrying more and more of these webs... Culminating as he finds himself in a room absolutely covered in them- Much thicker webs covering the walls and ceiling, and some even stretching across the floor... Staring his flashlight up, he can't even see the ceiling- He doesn't know exactly how high this room might be, an elaborate web woven over it and effectively forming a new "ceiling", as he can see the occasional spinarak dart across it... To his left, he can see an open passageway, leading somewhere else. To the right, though, the webs grow even thicker, and he'd actually have to punch his way through a couple of webs... But beyond it he can swear what almost looks like... cocoons? Very large ones, too- And in the middle of that room... An idol.

Phoenix

Sure! What's the plan?

"Many steps are yet to be filled in. But for now, we shall head to the "movie district"- We are to enter Warner tower, and find Emilia Warner before all else."

"It might not be easy to access... It depends on whether or not we'd be able to relay a message to her covertly."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:14 pm

"Okay, let's get the healing done and get moving. Who's carrying this thing?"
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Koa wonders what the 'Abra' idol was about. He hoped it had nothing to do with the actual pokemon, here in the Dark-typed gym.

He gives the room a brief look-through before returning to the maze, coming back from the side-passage and continuing left from the entrance, if possible.
Intuition and Perception in Murkoff gym 2:
5d6+4 = [5, 5, 4, 3, 2] = 23
2d6 = [4, 1] = 5

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:19 pm

"Wait wait wait. Are we not going to loot this whole werehouse except the place the creepy girl was? Or the ship? Sure I want to explore too but I feel if we leave this here as it is, it will get left unused. Pleeeeeaaaaasse?"