PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:08 am

We know about it because - whoops, can't tell you that or we're all in danger. They would do it because - whoops, can't tell you that or we're all in danger. They probably assume the real danger is just another god. Yes, that would be a better target. There, questions answered. No more hissy fits."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:14 am

"....What was that us being in danger if you told me? ...What if sparky told me? Would we still be in danger?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:25 am

"Knowing things is dangerous. Upsetting people is dangerous. Lots of things are dangerous. Drop it."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 am

Bjorn scratches his head, stunned. "Boy this is some serious shit."
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:36 am

"Still better then Grimm... right?" Irene sullenly looks over the three carnival games, nothing she's really proficient at... she tries the eletric maze giving it her best shot.

Irene focus ap boost [2d6+1] = 6+1 = 7
and if she doesn't get two tickets out of that she'll look around the room for something to toss into the tube. Because she's not giving up her flashlight or idols...

Irene perception [2d6] = 9

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:37 am

Unless it some special candle wax, then it shouldn't hurt too much. He'll quickly blow on the wax before snapping the candle off. He then runs off to one of the side passages, where he apparently continues to run as sneakily as that is possible..

Drake stealth: 2d6 = [1, 1] = 2
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:56 am

Izzy

Izzy decides to head out for the gym before it gets too late and she loses the chance- Arriving to find the gym entrance... Empty. Was she already too late? Did they close for the day? It's not THAT late yet... Right?

In each case, the doors were still unlocked, so nothing stopping her from entering and going up to the desk, which she does- Happening to hear the sounds of something approaching just then from a hallway beyond... Arriving just in time to see a girl opening a door, backing up into it to force it open. The longhaired redhead seeming to drag something heavy with her, a black plastic bag of some kind, and wearing... A gas mask?

She doesn't get the chance to pull it out completely, though, as her head turns to meet Izzy... And she quickly shoves the bag back inside, before slamming the door shut- Quickly bounding up to the desk as she unclips the gas mask, revealing herself to be of darker skin tone as a pair of emerald eyes stare intently at her.

"Hi there! Here for the gym challenge? You're in luck- We just got done with the last contestant!"

"Jack's not here right now, in a battle I'm afraid... But I can explain what the challenge entails for you! Before we'll allow you in the gym battle, you have to complete the challenge... It's a maze in the dark. Spooky, I know. We give you a little emergency responder for you to mash if you end up being too chicken, as well as a flashlight. Speaking of which, this is a challenge you've got to do all on your own- So you'll need to leave your backpack and any other items here, as well as your pokemon. Don't worry, I'll guard it with my life!"

"Oh, you'll also need to fill in a little quiz of sorts. Mostly just to make sure you don't have allergies or stupid stuff like that. Any questions?"

Assuming Izzy doesn't have any questions, or doesn't find anything of what just happened extremely suspicious, she soon ends up completely lying on the form as she neglects to mention having the ability to wield the very air as if it were a razor sharp blade... And the room darkens to reveal the entrance to the maze: her first option apparently consisting of going either left or right.

(Roll perception and intuition, survival optional.)

Koa

"Heh, ya see? You think that tastes good! I want you to think about that, right now, with no one else to tell you how to feel about it."

What at first seemed to be happy thoughts, though, soon seems to turn to nervous fidgeting once Koa actually points it out... And almost seems to become panic as suddenly it reaches out one of it's tentacles to Koa- This time around, ignoring his plea to not do it, as the mental link is formed again... Although it doesn't speak or convey anything for a while regardless- Not until he asks how it felt, at least.

"...It was good."

"...I'm sorry for not listening."

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"Ugh. Maybe don't call it's attention by saying it's nick name? Wait! Sparky! What do you know about the slate and overseer? Surely you know everything singularity knows riiiiiiiiight?"

"I am going to do much worse than just call it's nickname. That is the reason it was even given one in the first place."

Code: Select all

Why, of course I know! :)

I dare say I even know a lot more than Singularity here does, and I'm impressed how much she managed to deduce. ;)

Ah, how proud I'd be. :)

Alas, there is a difference between knowing something, and sharing it I'm afraid. :)

Take it from me Haley- This particular thing is over your head. :)

I'm doing you a favor. :)
Following, the trainers have a brief discussion, leading to a brief argument... As the consensus seems to be that they'd best deal with this "name" business- Assuming that nothing else needs/wants be done first...

Irene

Irene tries her hand at the electric maze, not completely terrible at it, managing to get a decent while along it... But not the greatest, either- As she slips for just a second, but that's enough to end it- The system emitting a harsh buzz as the metal pieces connect, and the clown addresses her loudly.

"HO HO HO! LOST YOUR FOCUS LITTLE ONE? IT WASN'T TERRIBLE AT LEAST- ONE TICKET!"

On that note, the door at the far side of the room responds, and grinds open in response... But doesn't award the idol, nor this "candy"- Leaving her searching the room for anything she could throw in to get another shot- But this room, at least, seems very much intently designed to not have anything of the sorts. Meaning she'd have to either sacrifice one of her items, or find something else, somewhere else.

She supposes she could also throw in that "emergency button" if she really didn't want to give up either flashlight or idols- But that sounds like a very stupid idea, too...

Drake

Drake quickly grabs for the candle, intent on snapping it off and taking it with him... But finds out that, apparently, it isn't just regular candle wax- Whatever might be giving it's blue flame causing it to burn considerably hotter, as he retreats his hand in pain, if not enough to take any damage... But it's enough to make him squeal for just long enough that he's sure those footsteps are only just the faster, as with a second attempt he does manage to rip off part of the candle... And then displays mastery in stealth, as he stumbles over his own feet in an attempt to get away.

By the time he manages to get back up, it's already too late- Instead finding himself scrambling back as he's standing eye to eye with that thing, the walls around him glowing with the runes once more. He'd think that if this was an actor or something, at this distance he'd be able to tell him just having his head stowed away in the torso, eyes peeping, or that if it was a robot he'd be able to tell it's mechanical movements apart... But he saw none of that- It looked shockingly real.

"Lanternhead" lunges forward, clicking incessantly as it does. It really does seem like it's blind, as it's first couple swings hit air, before it manages to connect to his arm- And immediately clenches tightly as his arm is held in a vice-like grip, and the other hand starts to apparently search for the other arm as Drake struggles, but fails to escape the grapple... Before the creature connects with the satchel he's been given to store his equipment- Pausing, and even seeming stunned as it withdraws the MURKROW IDOL- Bringing it close to it's face and clicking as if studying it closely.

Drake's not sure if he wants to stick around and find out how long that lasts...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:08 am

Alex doesn't have anything to do first.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 am

Nor does Haley.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:29 am

Izzy raises an eyebrow at the strange girl and...bag of garbage? What did she need a gas mask for? Did it really smell that bad?

"Uhh...sure. I'll just...fill this out."

Intuition vs strange girl: 11

Assuming she doesn't pick up on anything super-suspicious, Izzy gives the girl another weird look as she deposits her 'mons and guitar, then makes her way into the start of the maze.

-----------------------

As the lights dim, Izzy realises that she wasn't kidding - this place is dark. And the flashlight she'd been given was really, really bad.

Luckily, she was prepared for something like this. Closing her eyes, she focuses on the air around her, trying to recreate that same feeling she'd had back in the temple, and the forest. With barely a whisper, the air around her starts to flow through the tunnels, gently caressing the walls and relaying that feeling back to her.

One With the Winds [2AP Bind]: Can "touch" all objects/walls within a 10m range. Ignores Darkness.

Izzy can't help but smile to herself as a rough outline of the nearby tunnels forms in her head. It wasn't perfect, and the range was pretty short....but if it would help her spot any hidden paths or doors, then it was more than worth it. Suddenly feeling a lot more confident, she sets off into the maze - starting by exploring the tunnel to her left.

Intuition: 11
Perception: 23
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:32 am

Koa couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed that the Nihilego got scared and retreated into her safe space, inside his brain. But thinking about it, what would Koa's reaction be if the positions were reversed? What if it had been him trying to adjust to her big group-mind? Well, he'd probably try to keep himself separate, keep his individuality. He's not sure if he could give that up, so really, how much was Koa asking of this girl?

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Baby steps. It's a whole new world you live in. It's a whole new way to see, yeah? I'll help ya get there." He says, laying a comforting hand on her bell.

The irony occurred to him. Just yesterday she'd been one of the endless horde of alien monsters, spat out of a dimensional rift by an incomprehensible cosmic entity. And here Koa was now, comforting her like she were a small child. In a sense, she was, never having had the ability to think for herself or make her own mistakes, never allowed to grow. Maybe the Overseer was trying to protect her, but... he'd have to question his parenting style.

"How about we try some training then, huh? We'll see how you take to it. Once we're done, I'll ask you again if you wanna help me out with the big fight coming up, alright?"

Finally the training begins. Koa releases Maguma to help, and maybe Izzy wouldn't mind jumping in to assist. His training pertained to taking advantage of one's defenses, usually by standing one's ground and deflecting blows, but he understood a lot of pokemon relied on avoidance. That's what Maguma was there to help out with, being one of them. No Moves, of course, as he was told not to make a mess of this room. He also paid special attention to teaching the Nihilego to listen to verbal commands. After all, she wouldn't be able to stay attached to him during the fight.

----------

Eventually, training winds down as the Nihilego seems to have gotten the basics down. Hopefully the Evasion training will keep her a bit safer.

Koa takes her tentacle again. It hurt his head, but it made her comfortable.

"Ya'know, I think it's about time I gave you a name. One that's just for you, something to call yours." He'd been giving it some thought all throughout training. Normally he would've settled for something mundane, like a name derived from 'crystal jellyfish', like how he names most of his pokemon. But he thought that maybe he should really go all-out for something unique, this time.

"Kemanahine," Koa announced. Through their connection the Nihilego knew it was a portmanteau, roughly translating to Mind-Reading Princess, the 'princess' part being a reminder of who her dad was. "We can keep it to Kinhe, for short. What do you think?"

Whatever her response, he leaves the next question unspoken, but nonetheless thought of.
"How do you feel about helping me out? You don't have to, and I might not even need the help. I'd really appreciate it, though."

Regardless of her answer, Koa smiles and recalls her.

He lets out a sigh and rubs his temple. "Hah... thanks for the help Izzy. I knew she'd be tough to handle. I just didn't think it'd be like this. You ready to head out for the gym?"

On the way out, Koa stops by the Tutor machine. He considered using his Dazzling Gleam TM on Analo long before this, but now that he had Kinhe.... He inserts her ball into the machine as well as the TM disc. Assuming it works, and it belatedly occurs to Koa that it might not, Koa will look through her moves for the first time. He selects one to forget and retrieves Kinhe's ball a few minutes later.

Kinhe forgets Safeguard and learns Dazzling Gleam!

----------

Finally Koa arrives at the gym, presumably with Izzy. He lets Izzy go on in ahead of him, though, staying outside to prepare a bunch of treats for his pokemon. It was his primary advantage, after all. He gives each of his pokemon their respective treats, in turn. He'd already given Kinhe her treat back in the 'Center conference room.

With all that done, Koa will go ahead inside and sign up for the Bronze(?) challenge. (Is the level 30 challenge Bronze?)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 am

Bjorn has nothing else to do.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Izzy

While Izzy might be able to tell that the girl seems a bit... Odd, that's about as far as things go... And soon she's in the maze- Where she doesn't waste long to activate "cheat mode", as the immediate layout of the maze becomes present to her... As well as a couple other things she's certain she'd never have noticed had it not been for this ability. For starters, the vents above her, although as she'd later find out they don't seem to be everywhere... But something else is. It even still takes her a couple minutes to notice with how tight it is, but eventually her attention is taken to one of the maze tiles, as she's brought to the realization that it's actually removable- And from what little input that she can get from beyond it, it seems like there's a lot of space.

There's basically no hope of actually trying to get it up as is, though. The tile fits in almost perfectly like any other- She couldn't even get a fingernail in the gap! The only way to likely "open" it, is to push it from the other side... Or have like, telekinesis, or a plunger maybe.

Regardless, she's soon on way... As a mix of intuition and her abilities lead her towards a rather suspicious looking hallway straight away. It's extremely short, like just a couple meters- Most would probably just chalk it up to nothing and pass it by, but some more intuitive people might think that's a bit weird and look closer... But for Izzy at least, she could just blatantly detect there was a false wall in place- And pushes it out of the way to reveal an idol!

OBTAINED IDOL: MURKROW

(perception/intuition again)

Koa

Koa can't help but feel a bit disappointed as the Nihilego "retreats" quickly, and it shows as she seems to lower her bell in apparent shame... At least he seems to realize it is a big deal, and it's probably going to be hard- Even if she still seems embarrassed, he knows she understands.

Soon though, they turn to train! The Nihilego gladly joins in, still cemented in the belief that "Making Koa happy makes it happy"... That was probably going to be a hard one to shake. Although to be fair, not one they'd want to remove- Just to not have it stay for the wrong reasons.

Then comes the moment of truth, though... As he's about to ask if she'd be willing to join his team "officially"- But before that is even going to be asked comes to giving her a name- Two, actually, if one counts the shorthand... And Kemanahine seems ecstatic with the name given- Going just a tad bit too far with the embrace as glass tentacles constrict around him dealing 20 emotional damage... She seems happy at least, even if he has to struggle free not much later.

She agrees to help, finally recalled back to the safety of her ball as she joins Izzy towards the gym, hoping to do it today, so he'd not have to worry about it tomorrow... Although letting Izzy go first as he sticks outside- Still needing to procure a whole lot of treats for his team! Even if it might be a bit prematurely, since it seems he has to go through some kind of challenge first... And even then it seems like he's not about to be let to cook in peace, as he hears a vaguely familiar voice- And oddly enough, can't tell at first glance if he should be happy or worried about it...

"Why helloooooo~ Did someone come pick up his invitation to come see me?"

"And wearing a shirt this time around, too... So modest."

Oh no.

It's her.
► Show Spoiler
Irene

Irene speaks to heartless, brainless, thoughtless machines... At least, they should be... Although she's not as sure of that as they suddenly burst to life just as she's about to leave- Speaking both with more clarity and more sinister as the robot's head all turn to face her.

"NOW NOW IRENE, YOU'RE NOT LEAVING ALREADY, ARE YOU?"

"WE GOT A GUEST COMING. STAY A WHILE!"

On that note, the music starts playing hellishly loud, and the mechanical clowns just seem to laugh... To the point she almost misses the most curious phenomenon- The wall to her right beginning to glow as runes light up...

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The trainers, deciding they have nothing left to do, and in the process missing out on the stuff they left behind in the storage room and the freezer nor bathroom they didn't explore decide to take Singularity on her offer to finally find out this "true name". All reconvening back in the mainframe room as Haley wonders whether this means that the two Singularities- One now in Genesect, the other in the mainframe, are "clones".

"Technically, with the exception that I have a bigger brain capacity..."

"And that I have the rocking bod."

"We are identical, yes."

"Anyways... We are ready?"
the mainframe asks, stalling one last time as the trainers again confirm they are ready... And there's yet another pause.

"You know, we don't have to do this." Genesect speaks up, as the mainframe is quick to reply.

"But we wanted to, did we not? We are the same- And hence, we will survive. It would be... Illogical to stop at this point."

And with that, it seems like the mainframe has decided there had been enough stalling- The sudden rumbling of machines being brought to life... Or rather, full capacity, as she began her work. Fans picked back to full capacity, coils began overheating, and every single rack and peripheral joins in the chorus of beeps and buzzes and whirring... As a very peculiar thing begins to occur- At first, in front of the screen, but a single unown appearing, a "T"... But is quickly dismissed, and replaced by others- Many others. A veritable cluster of them beginning to form, as they arrange in specific arrangements, are dismissed, and replaced... But steadily, slowly, some particular ones seem to stick around, slowly beginning to form into something bigger. Before there seems to be a sudden moment of tranquility, as things cool down, and one name stood forth before all others... Like the silence before the storm:

"NECROZMA"

And then... The storm came.

GRAND OVERSEER
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by GRAND OVERSEER » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:43 pm

V0hPIERBUkVTLg0KDQpXSE8gREFSRVM/IQ0KDQpXSE8gREFSRVMgV0hPIERBUkVTIFdITyBEQVJFUyBXSE8gREFSRVMgV0hPIERBUkVT

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Reality is ripped apart in front of them as, with not even a chance to do anything about it, a wormhole opens... And the first act of this dark entity is to plunge it's claw straight into the mainframe, the glass screen shattering in a thousand pieces as it digs deep towards something- The sound of steel being wrenched without effort, and electronics haphazourdly disconnected as it pulls something out- Claws soon clenching tightly as if to crush whatever his catch might have been... Before something quite uncharacteristically happens. It seems to pause, bringing it's claw closer to the portal- As if to gaze upon what it actually is it just "caught"...

"Ah, yes. We had always thought this would be a curious experiment. The specifics of what would actually occur once our clever little ruse was set. My previous self had predicted with 90% accuracy, that if this world truly rejects this creature..."

"That this is going to hurt."

Whatever this "Necrozma" might have been holding, it seemed like it was very much not destroyed like everything else in it's path had been- Suddenly "exploding" in a flurry of green light as the abomination screeches unintelligibly- It's arms waving to the side as it crashes into the side of the room, destroying every little piece of machinery to the bits, and making the party extremely glad they were hanging back... Whatever it had been holding dropping to the ground. The scream continues for a moment longer, just before the claw quickly retracts back through the portal... And things are restored as if they had never happened.

The metallic, albeit rustic looking object square, and about half a meter on each side. It looks like... A puzzle box?

"Ah, yes. Knowledge of this was transferred to me prior to the eventual destruction of my other self."

"Would you care to hear the story?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Code: Select all

WHO DARES.

WHO DARES?!

WHO DARES WHO DARES WHO DARES WHO DARES WHO DARES
Alex glances at the box, then moves to stand beside it, not touching it just yet, "Pandora's box, maybe? The details would be nice, as well as whether it's safe to touch."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Haley wastes no time, taking pictures of the unown forming and the clawed hand attacking the electronics. She makes sure that she catches it on camera, whatever this attack is. (using 1 ap to take a pic of the attack and 1 ap for unown group)

Haley waits until the clawed hand gets out of the way of the whole universe and precures the puzzle box.

"...So...Asides from getting it pissed, I guess this puzzle box will help. Okay...Tell the story but don't mention it's name again. I was hoping you'd do it in a way where it wouldn't notice."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:32 pm

If Haley goes anywhere near touching that box, Alex will slap her hands away from it. For one thing, we're not certain it's safe. For another, if this is some sort of Pandora's Box, he doesn't trust the girl not to ruin everything because she's honestly got more curiosity than intelligence. Also because she's a filthy loot-grubber and wants to steal everything from the rest of us.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:35 pm

"Come now, I said I'd be back wouldn't I? who would pass up the chance for candy?"

Irene blissfully unaware that a stealth challenge was up ahead focuses on the runes to see what they say.

Irene perception [2d6] = 9 occult edu [4d6] = 16

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Haley frowns at Alex smacking her hand and rubs it. "Fine...I won't touch the box until she says it's safe.\\

...You know Singularity, before you start your story I am reminded of one from you and genesect. There once was a metal ant. Wanting only to eat metal. It befriended a somebody and she named the ant Rhem. One day someone from her group decided it was best to use it to help beat a trap, and threw a coin in the path. Rhem stood no chance against the swift blade of the trap, and unfortunally it's sacrifice was one that was not needed to be made. Some say if Rhem lived on she could have been a queen ant to help out the person and her group but Rhem's life was cut drastically short.

I...see Rhem in your sacrifice and in your new body."

► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:32 pm

"Oh, uh, hey Fatale!"

In truth, Koa wasn't sure how to react. It hadn't even been two weeks since he'd last seen her, but with all that's happened to Koa recently it felt like it could've been over two years. The Koa that had wondered whether the dark-skinned redhead was actually interested in him or was just naturally flirty seemed like a distant memory.

"Heh, yeah, just something sturdy to wear on the road. Good thing I got it, too, else I'd be in worse shape."

"How've you been? You want something, while I'm making treats? They should be even better than last time!" Koa offers, carefully stirring something up on his stove so to not agitate his injuries.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 pm

"Huh...neat!"

Pocketing the idol, Izzy continues down the corridor, practically skipping at this point. She's maybe taking things a bit too casually now though, as she's not paying quite as much attention to her surroundings anymore.

Intuition: 11
Perception: 15

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:47 am

"Honestly, I'd rather you not touch it until we know your curiosity isn't going to doom the world."
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

As all trainers seem somehow non-plussed at a literal eldritch being having appeared by literally tearing reality itself apart in front of them, prior to smashing up the entire room, their attention turns to this "puzzle box"... Haley seeming quite intent to instantly toy around with it, as Alex keeps her away from it- Figuring it might be a potential "pandora's box", and he'd not want to see him blow herself up... Or him for that matter. Or the entire universe, maybe.

"Pandora's box, maybe? The details would be nice, as well as whether it's safe to touch."

"It is quite safe. Although I don't think you'll be able to do much with it."

"...So...Asides from getting it pissed, I guess this puzzle box will help. Okay...Tell the story but don't mention it's name again. I was hoping you'd do it in a way where it wouldn't notice."

"Sorry, Haley. It was an impossibility from the start- Linked to how the calculation worked. Besides, it would have meant we would not have been able to try our little stunt."

"Anyways. The story- Don't worry, it's not about him... It is linked back to Cyrus and Ghetsis."

"The two of them desired... A power source. This particular journey would eventually lead them towards a temple, buried deep in snow- There, they retrieved an artifact, and would use it as the power source for their ship's main cannon... And consecutively, it would lead to the destruction of Opelucid city."

"What many do not know, however- If they have even heard about this artifact in the first place, is that things were not quite as straightforward as finding it. And that they had found not one, but two."

"The first had been retrieved from a massive hive- And just like the one in the frozen castle, they found it to be a puzzle box like you see before you, with only some differences... But they could not unlock it. It is a reasonable deduction to say the whole reason they were so intent on resurrecting this body was to unlock it- But it didn't work. If it had, they'd likely have adopted a mosquito theme instead."
she says, chuckling to herself.

"The next one they found, however, the one in the icy temple... Here, they either tricked, convinced, or forced Reshiram to unlock it. Allow it's true power."

"Not that it is useless. It had until quite recently been a pretty major part of my brain, after all... Collected by the league as Plasma fell- But the Ice one was never recovered. Calculations would likely indicate Reshiram had taken it with him."

"I...see Rhem in your sacrifice and in your new body."

"...Hmm. I suppose I am no longer 'the' singularity, now that I no longer have a brain the size of a planet. I suppose you may call me that, if you wish."
► Show Spoiler
Irene

"Come now, I said I'd be back wouldn't I? who would pass up the chance for candy?"

As expected, of course, the mechanoids don't reply, being mechanoids, likely not even being able to "hear"... But as she was about to find out, something else definitely did, as her vision wanders over the strange glyphs. There's some symbols she can't make out, but some of it is... A warning?

"IT IS BLIND"
"BE QUIET"

Not much later, the sounds of approaching footsteps, joined by an incessant clicking noise, now soon become loud enough for even Irene to definitely notice- As it already seems REALLY close!

Koa
"Oh, uh, hey Fatale!"

"Heh, yeah, just something sturdy to wear on the road. Good thing I got it, too, else I'd be in worse shape."

"Now you mention it... Wow, you've been in a rough spot, huh? Must have been busy." she mentions, leaning a bit closer as she looks Koa up and down, investigating the battle scars from a distance, as well as seeming to give a general inspection before standing straight again.

"Hmm... No idea what they're from, not my forte, but they look like they hurt... Wasn't anyone around these parts, was it? I'd have to go and give them a visit if that's the case..."

"How've you been? You want something, while I'm making treats? They should be even better than last time!"

"My, Koa! Are you trying to bribe me..? Get a poor gym assistant to throw you a bone in the challenge..?"

"Because you definitely know what to do to convince this girl."
she says, revealing a grin- Plopping down on the pavement herself about a meter away.

Izzy

Izzy continues down the path, just slightly less observant than usual... Although finds that it doesn't matter that much when she finds her path through the maze relatively smoothly- And soon finds herself approaching what seems to be a larger room. Pausing as she notices from a distance what it's filled with- Tombstones... And sitting on the far end of the room, there's some kind of mechanical grim reaper, "guarding" a locked door... As well what almost seems to be an alchemical setup to the side of the room, which she notices only when she gets a bit closer.

Still, there's almost no doubt in her mind that she MUST have missed over a couple things of interest back in the hallways she came through, as well what seems to be an entirely different path- She just seemed to have gotten mostly lucky to pretty much beeline it straight to what seems to be a rather central point... Leaving her to the decision to either go back and investigate some of these side passages further, or see what this room is all about...