PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 pm

...wow. That was...interesting.

Mulling over the Spark's admission while the nurses patch her up, it takes Izzy a while to figure out how to respond. The Ultra Beasts had been big and alien and scary, but these Shadow Pokemon were...almost worse. All that pain and suffering, condensed inside their hearts. She could feel it even now, just holding the ball containing the Honchkrow. A black hole in the pit of her stomach. This inescapable sense of....

...Dread.

Eventually, after declining the bandage offer from the nurses with a grateful smile, she decides what to say and pulls her 'dex back out.

Code: Select all

Thanks for telling me this. I know it was probably tough for you to admit it. 

There's nothing you can do to change what happened. And I'm not going to pretend it wasn't awful and horrible. But trying to fix things is definitely a start.

Do you know how to undo it? The process can't be one-way, can it? If Cipher could turn them into Shadow Pokemon, there must be some way for us to turn them back. Right?
While waiting for the reply, Izzy tries to figure what to do next. It was pretty late in the day, but there was probably still time to do one more thing before bed. Koa might not be done with the Gym for a while....but Drake and Irene must have finished ages ago, right? And then there was Isabella and Jeremy, wherever they'd got to. Going back to her 'dex, she fires off a group message to all of them.

Hey, where are you guys? I just beat the Gym, at the Poke Center now.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:43 pm

"There's something special about this place, so they're probably extracting that. Or they're setting up a machine to t- to... No, okay, I'm saying it. If the machine they're setting up is the same one, it's to teleport in robots. We should act quickly. Do we have enough firepower to down a helicopter?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm

"A teleporter? Okay I am not sure but you have your Skarmory. Jackie can get on him and we can bombard it.
Bjorn, I want you to do a ground attack near the machine."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:11 pm

"Ideally we can stop the helicopter from taking off... But... If we get into this, there'll be trouble. We can't exactly arrest them, and letting them go after they've seen us puts a target on our backs. We know they'll be up to some trouble, but do we want to get involved? .... Actually... If somebody approaches, we can see how they act. If they get hostile, it's self-defence and we're clear to place them under citizen's arrest... Everyone ready to back me up when things go ugly?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:20 pm

"...You're saying we will have to kill them? I...I'll back you up but I'd rather not be around for...that."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 pm

"Pay attention, kid, I'm working out how to arrest them."
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:58 pm

The thrill of a fight, and the fact it's a bird just pumps the scrappy little bug up more, it seems to have shrugged off a little more of the damage. While bouncing back and forth ready to go for another round Irene has to ask.
"Umm, do you want to concede Murkrow? It already looks to be in pretty bad shape, and I don't want them to sustain injuries just because I managed to land a hit first..."

Depending on how Jack responds one of three scenarios will play out.

Murkrow stays in
► Show Spoiler
Jack Concedes
well this depends on what he sends out, soo yeah.

(31/21)Etoile 33/73 +1 def, +1 evasion, + 2 save checks, reflect(1), excited(0), motivated(2), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow heavily injured
(14)Mightyena recalled

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:07 am

Bjorn listens to both. "Alex, why wait? Look at what happened when we tried to talk to Hopper and Tex. They just got the first ass-kicking in. We know these guys are bad fucking news, and anyone who approaches them is just gonna get laid into. Fuck that shit, the first ass-kicking will be us." He immediately realises he swore numerous times in front of Luna, and blushes deeply, then turns to Sneak. "Lets go buddy, Wombo Combo."

Sneak and Bjorn crawl forwards to the pilot, before Sneak launches at the pilot with a Feint Attack.

Feint Attack (Damage = [5, 1]+10+15 = 31)

If the pilot isn't conscious, Bjorn attempts to freeze the jet fuel of the helicopter (approx -40` Celcius) or else freeze over the rotors of the helicopter blades.
If the pilot is still conscious, then Bjorn takes off and follows through with an Ice Punch before the pilot can retaliate.

Ice Punch (AC = 18; Damage = [6, 8]+10+10 = 34)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:00 am

Koa

Koa thinks for a moment, before gently picking up the candle, figuring it to be important... But simultaneously not wanting to snuff it out just yet, just in case- Taking it with him as he does find his progress slowed by needing to keep the candle properly maintained, but making progress none the less as it seems "Lanternhead" is still lurking in a different part of the maze... As none the less, he eventually stumbles upon another one of these candles, managing to have avoided the monster until he did- Mostly by sheer luck rather than perception, but still.

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Haley and Alex continue debating for a while, wondering as to what to do... Before Bjorn says "fuck it"- And simply charges in! He still needs to close the distance, though, and as he does gets noticed as the enemy starts driving into action as well...

Sneak(21/17)
Bjorn(19/15)
Lucario(18)
Jackie(15)
Luna(13)
Haley(10)
Godslayer scientist(10)
Euler 1(10)
Euler 2(10)
???(Robed lady)(9)
Alex(6)
Fin(Marshtomp)(5)
Dusk(3)

Izzy

Izzy pauses for a while, needing a moment to collect her thoughts while staring at the perhaps, very aptly, "heavy" ball... Before eventually responding to the Spark.

... Yeah. There's ways to undo it. I even made a machine to do it, once upon a time... :)

But the machine would have been all the way over in Orre... :/

If it hadn't been destroyed, too. :S

There is... Another way, though. 

But it won't be easy... Or pretty.

You'd have to make it feel again. Open it's heart. Bit by bit.

It will resist. The truth after all, is... People tend to... Cling to hatred.

It's true. Ask yourself for a moment- Is there not always a common enemy?

A group of people, or something at least, in which people find unity as they hate it together..?

I'm not saying it's right. If anything, people should probably stop trying to do that. Be aware and change.

But that doesn't mean it's not still true.
Following that, Izzy sends off a group message to met up with the others- Jeremy replying to say that they're almost done and will be over soon, although not saying what they might be doing, while Drake says he will be over in just a moment...

Irene

Jack shakes his head as Irene offers to have the pokemon be forfeited.

"No, I'm afraid. Not only do I have a couple tricks up my sleeve yet that might allow him to survive another hit, I tend to not forfeit pokemon besides the most extreme circumstances... Otherwise it might feel like I'm going easy, after all."

The refusal to withdraw does mean that Etoile ends up missing his attack- As the Murkrow pecks again for 32(52) damage..! Although it gets once again reduced to 26.

(31/21)Etoile (10 temp)17/73 +1 def, +1 evasion, + 2 save checks, excited(1), motivated(3), cheered(1)
(14)Mightyena recalled

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:30 am

Ok, worth a shot.
After the bird lands another peak, an almost frenzied gleam appears in Etoile's eyes as the thrill of being injured seems to push her combat senses over the edge!

"All right good start Etoile, we just need to give it our best shot!" Actually feeling the pressure Etoile actually hits the Murkrow this time hopefully knocking the bird out.

► Show Spoiler
Etoile mach punch [1d20] = 13 [1d8+31] = 6+31 = 37

(31/21)Etoile (10 temp)22/73 +1 def, +1 evasion, + 2 save checks, excited(1), motivated(3), cheered(1)
(14)Mightyena recalled

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:35 am

"Aaauuguhgu, how the hell are we meant to arrest them on "They look identical to the people we arrested for terrorism and are instinctively identified as the same group?" Great. Okay. I guess hot-headed Mr Snow has decided to be guilty of assault instead. Well, screw it, let's go. I'd better not get shot again. Luna, I'd suggest placing your safety as top priority. You don't have a lot of fighting prowess, and the abilities of a healer are going to be needed. Haley, stay as safe as you can while directing your pokemon. These people will shoot at both of you if they get a good chance, and I can guarantee that isn't a pleasant experience... If I'm in bad condition afterward, have Roy carry me. He's used to it, and he doesn't stab me like Mercury does." Alex starts jogging toward the helicopter, Dusk at his side as he brings out Mercury, squinting against the shine of the auras, trying to pick out signs of hostility.

(starting with Dusk out, first action will be to move toward the helicopter and bring out Mercury)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:47 am

Haley loks baffled that Bjorn just rushes in. She sends out Jackie close to the chopper and swifts as many enemies as possible, perferably getting the pilot in the blast.

swift crit potential [1d20] = 1 [2d6+32] = 8+32 = 40 At least swift auto hits. And if friendly.

Jackie can evolve.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 am

Izzy considers the Spark's words carefully. "Hate" was a bit of a strong word for what she usually felt, even in the worst of times. But...it was hard to deny that people to get caught up in their negativity a lot. Even she had trouble with that sometimes....especially back when she'd had to deal with her father.

...yeah, people can be pretty nasty sometimes.

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll start working it. Not until tomorrow, though - I'd like to get some rest first! :D 
As she waits for her Pokemon to heal and the others to turn up, Izzy goes back to what she was doing before she got rudely interrupted by a soulless killing machine with wings - reading that Temple book! In truth, see can't really remember why she was even looking through it. Something about the introduction had been bugging her?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:13 am

Aha, the second candle! He carefully scoops it up to carry it around, too. Maybe with these he could bargain with the monster, in exchange for its... head? Would that even work?

Koa considers whether there are still parts of Lantern Head's lair left to explore, maybe with more candles in them. If there are, he'll continue searching. If the lair is sufficiently explored, he'll search for the monster instead....

Intuition, Perception, and Survival to find remaining candles or Lantern Head:
5d6+4 = [2, 1, 1, 1, 1] = 10
2d6 = [4, 1] = 5
6d6+2 = [6, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1] = 17

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Bjorn is using Stealth to approach as quietly as possible, along with Sneak who is using his Stealth capability. Presumably Sneak would be able to get right up to the helicopter without detection if there's long grass or something, as he makes no noise.

Bjorn and Sneak gets +4 initiative due to Agility Training, so Bjorn is on 19 and Sneak on 21.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Irene

Etoille hits with another comet punch, as Jack orders the Murkrow to bite through... As it still gets knocked out regardless!

Next out is a sableye.

(31/21)Etoile (10 temp)22/73 +1 def, +1 evasion, + 2 save checks, excited(1), motivated(3), cheered(1)
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The party approaches, Bjorn and Sneak taking the lead by sneaking close... Before springing the ambush as the others are quick to join in! Luna seems rather uncertain about this as well, but joins in regardless... The scientist quite literally tripping in surprise as he sees what is looking like a sudden assault.

"A- Wha?! Pascal, do something!"

As the white robed lady turns to the party, the Lucario seeming to follow her motions, as the party does get a proper look at the machine during their ambush... Alex and Bjorn at least recognizing it is most definitely not the same kind of machine that they had found back in that basement- For starters, it's much smaller, likely carried in by that helicoper alone... And seeming to mostly consist out of a main "body", with some kind of flexible appendage sticking out of the top, crystals on it's end as it just kind of... Hangs in the air. At least, it LOOKS like it's just hanging in the air for most trainers- Alex continues finding himself blinded by what now seems to be some kind of "tear" in the air, the source of all that blinding light... It's hard to look directly at it to figure out what's going on with it exactly, though...

Sneak(21/17)
Bjorn(19/15)
Lucario(18)
Jackie(15)
Luna(13)
Haley(10)
Godslayer scientist(10) tripped
Euler 1(10)
Euler 2(10)
Admin Pascal(9)
Alex(6)
Fin(Marshtomp)(5)
Dusk(3)

Izzy

Izzy considers the words for a moment, but eventually mostly shrugs them off... The Spark seems quite happy to leave things as they are right now as well- As, while she's waiting, she finally gets around to reading that book again... Looking over the list once more- She does remember not having read a couple of those first chapters just yet...
0: Introduction
1: Hall of origin
2: Chamber of ancients
3: Grand Castle
4: The Crucible
5: The sunken shrine
6: The grand tree
7: The thunder spires
8: The cold castle
9: The great pyramid
10: The great spire
11: Plague's hall
12: The grand dojo
13: Cerebrum tower
14: The pit
15: The mountain halls
16: The queen's hive
17: The church of the damned
18: The grand forge
19: Dragon's pride
20: The fountain of life
21: Final words
Koa

Koa considers his option, believing there were probably not going to be any more candles... If this side was anything like the other one, at least. And so with that, starts searching for the creature instead... Eventually finding it as much as it seems to have "found" him- The rather angry creature still seeming to be scurrying about looking for him, now close as the walls light up once again... And seems to right now be heading in his general direction..!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Now that he can see the machine, on top of the earlier actions, Alex is speaking, "Hey there, godslayer people. I'm going to have to ask you to turn off the machine, then cease and desist with whatever it is you're doing. If you don't that machine's getting smashed. Since it's kind of painful to look at it doing its thing. Gives me a headache, makes me rather irritated."

If the godslayers decide to put up a fight, Alex will... I guess it depends on range? If he can get Dusk into range (Range 6), have her Shadow Punch the lucario, otherwise have Mercury Swift it, aiming to catch as many others in the blast as possible.

Shadow Punch: Crit, base damage = 39
Crit damage [2d8+10] = 23
Total = 62

Swift: (Re-using accuracy from Shadow Punch, since it's exclusively one move or the other)
Base damage: 19
Crit damage: 14
Total = 33
Last edited by Dlover on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:13 pm

breathing a sigh of relief at the murkrow going down, and the appearntly ground bound sableye Irene calls out
"Good job!, get up in the air and pass on the fight!"
Etoile, does just that getting hopefully out of the range of any pursuing claws before using baton pass to pass the buffs to Shock
"All right Shock, just say in the air for the moment, we've got a strong start!."

Etoile - baton pass

Irene
inspirational training
inspirational support - baton pass

(31/21)Etoile 12/73 recalled
(17)Shock 78/78 +1 def, +2 evasion, +4 save checks, excited(2), motivated(4), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow heavily injured <- shouldn't this be ko?
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye
Last edited by Natrivv on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:34 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Haley loks baffled that Bjorn just rushes in. She sends out Jackie close to the chopper and swifts as many enemies as possible, perferably getting the pilot in the blast. Edit: preferably ones already injured

swift crit potential [1d20] = 1 [2d6+32] = 8+32 = 40 At least swift auto hits. And if friendly.

Jackie can evolve.
I think I will stick with this.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Well... there it is, Koa thinks to himself. Time to see if this would work.

"I've got your candles! Don't move or I'll put 'em out!" Koa's other hand hovers over the flickering flames, hoping the creature would understand but ready to douse the candles if it doesn't.

If Lantern Head stops, Koa will take a deep breath and continue.
"Okay! I'll give you your candles back, yeah? But only if you... let me borrow your lantern for a while - for the rest of this gym challenge. Is that... something you can do?"

If Lantern Head doesn't listen and charges, Koa will snuff the two candles out right away.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:50 am

If they get a second attack, then Sneak launches at the Euler's face with Fury Swipes.
Fury Swipes (AC = 16, 1D8 = [3] = 2 hits, Damage = 2D6+8+15 = [6, 6]+8+15 = 35)

And Bjorn's second strike (if he gets one) is to follow through with a second Ice Punch.
Ice Punch (AC = 3; Damage = [2, 5]+10+10 = 27)
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:10 am

As she waits for the others to turn up, Izzy starts reading through the first chapter. Hall of Origin sounded....pretty important, honestly. Why hadn't she checked it out before now?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:34 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Sneak and Bjorn start off with their own attacks, circling around to the back of the helicopter to deal with the grunt there... And find that another one of them was hiding in the interior! Sneak and Bjorn team up against him, Bjorn missing as Sneak deals some damage...

The Lucario takes a defensive stance for now, as Jackie runs around, and actually does manage to have a line of sight to the second Euler inside the craft... Hitting it while making sure to keep Bjorn and Sneak out of the blast radius.

Luna meanwhile, steps in- Blowing a kiss to the Lucario, who looks very confused for a moment, before promptly falling asleep... While simultaneously giving the robed lady a wink, as she blushes in infatuation for a round.

Haley cheers on her pokemon, while staying at a relatively safe distance.

The scientist gets up from his feet, before releasing two pokemon- A maractus, and a castform... The latter starting off with a rain dance, a drizzle forming overhead..! As the little cloud pokemon seems to change shape in response...

The Eulers meanwhile, get up from their seat... The pilot coming up from behind and pulling out a pistol, which it aims at Sneak for 39(29) damage, also inflicting an injury... While the other Euler meanwhile pommels Bjorn with a show of strength of force for 36(28) damage!

Admin Pascal, meanwhile, releases another pokemon, in the form of a... Rather dominant looking plant..? The Tsareena immediately rushes over to Jackie, delivering a trop kick for 53(44) damage, as he is challenged to a regal challenge... The Tsareena expecting deference, but defiance being an option... Pascal meanwhile, follows this up by muttering some curses like a whisper, seeming to be aiming for both Bjorn and Sneak relatively nearby... Or rather, tries to- Whatever incantation she's muttering seeming to fall on deaf ears.

Alex meanwhile, strides up himself.

"Hey there, godslayer people. I'm going to have to ask you to turn off the machine, then cease and desist with whatever it is you're doing. If you don't that machine's getting smashed. Since it's kind of painful to look at it doing its thing. Gives me a headache, makes me rather irritated."

"W-What..?" the researcher asks, Pascal being the one to answer his confusion: "Aura. He's an aura guardian."

"I... See. But turning off the harvester ain't going to fix that problem, then!"

"As for your inquiry." the lady says, seeming to direct herself to Alex with a still calm demeanor, her aura not... Inherently hostile, but certainly defensive, "We would be glad to briefly halt operations to clear up any concerns of legitimacy, should those exist..."

"...Assuming you actually have the authority to demand such an action, not to mention, stop attacking without provocation."

"Until such time, let it be known that I am not intent on holding back."

Fin hits the lucario with a mud bomb, as Dusk joins in with a shadow punch- About to do some heavy damage, before the attack is parried..!

Weather: raining(5)
Sneak(21/17) 48/77
Bjorn(19/15) 32/60
Lucario(18) injured
Jackie(15) 16/60
Castform(15)
Luna(13)
Haley(10)
Godslayer scientist(10)
Euler 1(10)
Euler 2(10) heavily injured
Tsareena(10)
Admin Pascal(9)
Alex(6)
Maractus(6)
Fin(Marshtomp)(5)
Mercury(5)
Dusk(3)

Irene

Etoille is recalled, switched out for Shock... The sableye meanwhile, jumping surprisingly high before hitting with a night shade for 20 damage!

(17)Shock 58/78 +1 def, +2 evasion, +4 save checks, excited(2), motivated(4), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow heavily injured <- shouldn't this be ko?
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye

Koa

Koa attempts to approach Lanternhead, with intentions to try and "talk" to it... A plan that didn't last nearly as long as he had hoped- His warning seeming to fall on deaf ears as the rabid creature just instantly turns around, lunging in any direction of the sound... Urging him to just extinguish the candles straight away! The creature ahead of him let's out a horrifying scream, clutching at it's "head" in the form of a lantern... Before just seemingly "burning" up- Vanishing without a trace, as the lantern hits the ground below, sputtering for a moment before shedding the same blue glow as before...

Obtained the dark-light lantern.
The secrets of the maze reveal themselves to you...

Izzy

Izzy thinks for just a moment, before she starts reading the very first chapter...
Hall of Origin

While perhaps the first two chapters might not exactly be fitting, given that they were not actually structures created by The Builder, they are none the less included in this book for a couple reasons. The primary reason of course simply being it's significance to the builder in question... And, secondly, following up this first point, the matter of fact the builder has taken it upon himself to be the custodian of these places.

These two places were indeed not created by the builder, but by Arceus himself. Hence they differ in some interesting ways... Those who have seen the place claim that unlike the grandiose, "epic" structures the builder has created, these places are smaller, and more "quaint" in nature... Although by no means less detailed, if perhaps not more.

The first of these two places is one I can't make my own testament too, given how few people claim to have actually seen it. In fact, were it not for the account of the gods themselves, most would claim this place to be nothing more than a myth. The hall of origin.

The true location of the hall of origin is enigmatic, often described to be "above Spear pillar"- Already known to be the highest point upon our world. It is here that the gods were created, and is claimed to be a "weak spot" between the different worlds. This will likely be the shortest chapter of this book, given how little information actually exists... So I shall finish with a little tale concerning it- as written by [color=##c7eda5]ERASED[/color]
And so within the sacred halls, the lord began creation, as on the first day, he created the sun. From this source of life, all else would be created- As with his thousand arms he carved away at it. With his first strikes, he created water and earth, before realizing he'd need the sky as well. As he carved these elements, slivers of the sun would fall to the ground, and begin to change... Forming the ones known as Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza. Next he'd cave out the day, and the fire within our world, dangerous yet necessary, as more slivers would fall and the one known as Heathran would be born. This process continued as Arceus carved out the world, and in it's process created the gods. Some of the slivers that fell fragmented on the way down, creating bonds yet different. It is said that Lugia and Ho-Oh sprang from the same flame, before it split apart. Yet others say that Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram were formed when this flame snapped just as the first was created. In truth, these details matter little- What does is what happened afterwards, as the lord gazed down and came to notice his creations. Once more, he carved, but this time formed the slivers with direction, inspired-
Creating first the all-mother, from which he would continue to carve all other life, before he'd carve the builder. Upon which he bestowed an important duty.

"My dear creation." he spoke. "Upon you, I will grant the burden of my will. May you act as it and my right hand, upon days that I no longer walk these lands. And I shall grant you all the power to do so." the lord spoke, and once again rose up to the sun. Carving out once more larger fragments, that cooled withing his thousand arms to slates of power, 18 total... Distributing them to his children below.

"Take care of these, and use what you must- But be careful to not use it all. For their power is vast, it is not infinite- And once it is gone, it cannot be replenished."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 am

Koa is left stunned as the former Lantern Head burns up and vanishes. Hadn't Fatale said that the static lady was a robot? So... what was this monster? Was this one actually real?? Was that just a ruse by Fatale to throw Koa off-guard?

Now wondering just how much of this maze was technological versus magical, Koa picks up the lantern. He considers the two snuffed candles... would Lantern Head come back if he used the lantern to light them again? Figuring that's one experiment left untested, he pockets the candles for now.

With both the dark-light lantern and the skeleton key in hand, it's time to go secret-searching! Koa will first run through this part of the maze, wondering if there will be another hidden door around here like with Fatale's room (though it belatedly occurs to Koa that that might actually be the static lady's room?). If that fails, Koa will move past this part of the maze and through the closed door he found earlier.

Intuition and Perception after acquiring lantern:
5d6+4 = [6, 6, 5, 4, 4] = 29
2d6 = [3, 3] = 6

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Breathing a sigh of relief at getting Etoile out in time, the excitment of the battle seems to tranfer over to the much more docile pokemon as Shock shrugs off a little damage before returning with a shock attack of his own.
"Ok, tap it with eletricity before falling back to create some room!"
The baton pass seems to really have brought out Shock's passion as his body gets covered in tiny little streaks of lightning before converging into one giant wave of pain

Shock
Excited condition used
critical hit chance [1d20] = 20 Crit!
Shock shock wave 32 + 23 = 55 damage all together

Irene
inspirational training - excited

(17)Shock 63/78 +1 def, +2 evasion, +4 save checks, excited(2), motivated(4), cheered(1)
(16)Murkrow ko?
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye
Last edited by Natrivv on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.