PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Mew, grant me mercy... She instintivly pushes her self against the wall, which causes her to kick the wall, and the idols to bang against the wall and by very noisy in general.

Quickly abandoning the foolish plan she opts to run as fast as she can.

Irene stealth [1d6] = 1 :shrug:
Irene athletics [2d6] = 7 perception [2d6] = 9 Intuition [2d6] = 11

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:14 pm

► Show Spoiler
"So, they forced Reshiram to unlock one, that means the other belongs to Zekrom? So why does the box 'reject' the overseer?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Haley scratches her head and frowns. "I don't understand. Why did you do that? Are you trying to give us the puzzle box to help defeat it then? Or...wait, can you use it in genesect's body and maybe use it like a weapon against it?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 pm

"Hmm... No idea what they're from, not my forte, but they look like they hurt... Wasn't anyone around these parts, was it? I'd have to go and give them a visit if that's the case..."

"Oh, nah, nobody from here. I caught a pokemon yesterday, and her dad got really mad at me. He was a little more than we could handle."

"My, Koa! Are you trying to bribe me..? Get a poor gym assistant to throw you a bone in the challenge..?"

"Ha! I dunno, maybe," Koa says, the thought never having had time to cross his mind. "You want another Sweet one, or you wanna try something different this time?"

Whatever Fatale decides on, Koa really cooks to impress, making an exquisite treat. It must be easier to cook when you don't have a crystalline, alien jellyfish sharing your brain during the process.
Fluff Intuition to cook for Fatale: 4d6+6+6 = [6, 6, 5, 1] = 30

He supposed she did work for Jack, didn't she? In truth, Koa had been wanting to talk to Jack for a little while now, after having found out more about Prometheus.
"I was wondering though, you and Jack have been doing your own investigation stuff, yeah? Did you happen to find anything out about those Godslayer guys, or Prometheus, the leader? Or... Pam Pyxis?" Koa probes. He knows Pandora used to live here, and considering Murkoff's proximity to the portal to Babylon, it seemed a safe bet this is where Prometheus picked her up.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Now that Phoenix finally realizes what Alex wants, he is happy to oblige. He turns his head toward Alex, and kisses her gently
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:56 am

Izzy frowns as she approaches the room, unable to shake the feeling that she must have missed something. After all, this idol thing had to be important....somehow. And they probably had loads more of them hidden around the place...?

She decides to do a half measure - poking her head into the reaper-room to get a proper look at it, then heading back the way she came and checking out some of those side corridors. Presumably anyone watching on the cameras would think she just noped out after seeing the creepy robo-reaper?

Intuition: 16
Perception: 15

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:46 am

Bjorn just stares and looks around the smashed room, turning slowly to survey all the damage and clearly out of his element.

"What the fuck was that?! Are you saying this box is part of your brain?! Haley, you already have a computer inside a bug, you don't need a brain in a box too! Leave they village they said, nothing for you here they said. Plenty to do in the cities, go see the world they said..."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:54 am

"Bjorn, a computer's brain is just more computer. It's not a literal brain. Though I'm guessing this one's more magical in nature. And yes, the giant demon hand of doom is something to be concerned about, but we already knew it would be basically unstoppable."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Drake thinks of a plan to get the idol back for surprisingly long, but ends up just getting the hell away from it, deeming it not worth it.

Drake intuition: 2d6 = [4, 1] = 5
Drake perception: 5d6 = [6, 3, 2, 1, 1] = 13
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Irene

Irene quickly backs up, becoming the epitome of stealth as she loudly clanks against the wall behind her, DEFINITELY having caught it's attention- As her attention instead turns towards running, as fast as she can.

Sadly, with the darkness, and the fact she wasn't exactly the best runner in the first place, panic has her stumbling more than making progress- And whatever thing might be behind her seems to be trailing along with the footsteps, and at this point has reached out in a full sprint, slowly seeming to catch up to her... She's not sure if she wants to look back or not, on one hand knowing it might help to know what she's dealing with, on the other hand, that's how everyone dies in these kind of stories... Although it might not matter much, as a charred, claw like hand whiffs right by her side as the creature seems to stumble for just a moment... But it's next swing is probably not going to miss!

(What is Irene going to do?)

Drake

Drake decides it's not worth trying to get it back, making a run for it as the creature seems "stunned"... Eventually starting to make slow movements as he begins to run away, although it doesn't seem to be going straight after him- Is it heading towards something else..?

Not that he can probably be bothered to care, though, continuing to run through the maze, hoping to make progress... Only briefly coming to a pause when he notices a section of the maze he's passing to have... A sliding door? Yes, that's exactly what it is, actually- He could potentially close this behind him, and keep that thing from following him..?

Izzy

Izzy decides to take a quick peek in the room, just in case... But can't make out too much without actually full out entering the room- Except that there seems to be some writing near that alchemical setup, and that this grim reaper "mechanoid" almost seems to be staring at her... So she decides to move on before it creeps her out too much. Deciding to take some of the less explored passages, and hitting a couple of the side ones, eventually pauses as she notices a faint inscription on one of the passages... Stating quite clearly: "Item =>". As, quite obviously, she moves in to investigate, even if sounds potentially "trap" like... Because let's be honest, why take the chance to miss loot?

Lucky for her, it turns out to be legitmate- A dusk ball waiting on a small podium not much farther in!

Found a dusk ball

Koa

"Oh, nah, nobody from here. I caught a pokemon yesterday, and her dad got really mad at me. He was a little more than we could handle."

"Hah, yeah, that happens. What kind of pokemon?"

"Ha! I dunno, maybe. You want another Sweet one, or you wanna try something different this time?"

"Hmm... You know, I usually take something sweet because it's safe- Hard to mess up. But if your cooking's gotten only better... How about something spicy instead?"

And Koa obliges- As most would perhaps take Fatale's words to mean that she doesn't want things too spicy, but Koa actually realizes it's the opposite- That whenever she orders something spicy, they must presume she means a "little" spicy, and consecutively she finds the whole thing rather bland... As he ends up cutting more peppers in this small treat than he'd use on several full meals, and had he known in advance he'd have gotten some hotter peppers instead. But instead has to settle with some jalapeno sauce... And despite that the resulting curry feels almost burning hot, he still manages to not allow that to detract from the flavors of all the other vegetables within. As he actually manages to get Fatale silent for a while as she accept the small dish, ignoring the spoon he offers as she slurps up the whole dish in a couple seconds... And somehow manages to resist asking for water, or more sensibly, milk. Speaking after a couple seconds of silence:

"...Arceus, what the hell are you even doing being a trainer? You should start a restaurant or something. You'd probably get some big wig senators visit you and stuff."

"I was wondering though, you and Jack have been doing your own investigation stuff, yeah? Did you happen to find anything out about those Godslayer guys, or Prometheus, the leader? Or... Pam Pyxis?"

"Ah... Yeah, we did investigate, a little bit. I'm afraid we didn't learn much, though... We went to investigate that ruin you found- It appears that the bodies left there were all clones. You know, like the Joy's and Jenny's are. Except this was an ugly muscular bald guy. Jack thinks that means they must have some connection within the league. Only ones that have that kind of machine, yadda yadda... But, we don't exactly have the contacts to investigate that without drawing a lot of attention to ourselves." she says, seeming to pause for a moment while considering if there's anything else she should mention... "Oh, and right- Seems like not all of them might be as loyal as others. One of them left a note stating he disobeyed orders... But we got even less means of tracking that guy down."

"Finding anything but that has been a dud, though. To be fair, we've not really had the chance- The red hand has been causing trouble. Like, more than the usual- They might have something big planned. Then there's the university saying nobodies are just disappearing, and even the king is-"
she says, coming to a sudden stop as she let's out a smirk... Finishing after a small second: "Right. Not from Murkoff. None of that probably makes any sense to you."

"Anyways, Pam Pyxis... Doesn't sound familiar to me, but Jack might know her. Should it sound familiar..?"

Phoenix

Now knowing exactly what she wants, Phoenix is glad to oblige, offering a soft kiss at first... Although he might have underestimated just how much she wanted, as things quite quickly escalated. Not sticking with just a small kiss, as perhaps they even dare touch in otherwise forbidden places- But things come to a sudden halt before they escalate too far.

"R-Right. We should probably stop there. I mean, we don't even have a... You know."

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Earlier, when the Overseer rushed in, Alex was nearly blinded by an explosion of aura streaming forth from the tear, threatening to overwhelm the entire room, as it felt both somewhat... Familiar, as if these colors coming out were all somehow familiar... And yet, completely alien. This spectacle becoming almost overshadowed- Or rather, given the nature of these aura's, over"lightened"- As the puzzle box activates, the light that shines forth seeming to be aura so thick it permeates into visibility for the others... But the box seems to become inert the moment it hit the floor once again.

"So why does the box 'reject' the overseer?"

"Because the box is a very powerful artifact... And being linked to this world, acts as a poison towards the GRAND OVERSEER's kind. As a matter of example, I think it would not have worked had it been any different kind. This box is linked to the aspect of bugs- One of the fields it handles in turn is subterfuge. Making it nigh impossible to detect using any ordinary means."

"Yes, I've... Seen something similar to it. Remember, Bjorn? Back in the temple?" she says, allowing her mind to slip that one of the people present was not yet privvy to that information. "It showed a box that looked almost just like it being used by these Godslayers... Trying to break it open with a drill..?"

"Sounds like they did the same as the league had done with this one, then. Spend a lot of energy to try and force some power out of it in return. In this particular instance, it was used as a network cluster... Handle millions of inputs far more efficiently than any kind of motherboard over twenty years ago could have done- And today still, I suspect."

"Let us just say that that, compared to the unlocked version team Plasma created... They didn't need to push any power into the latter one."

"I don't understand. Why did you do that? Are you trying to give us the puzzle box to help defeat it then? Or...wait, can you use it in genesect's body and maybe use it like a weapon against it?"

"... If anything is ever to be done about the GRAND OVERSEER, it's name is likely to be required. Giving it a little taste of medicine was a nice bonus."

"What the fuck was that?! Are you saying this box is part of your brain?! Haley, you already have a computer inside a bug, you don't need a brain in a box too! Leave they village they said, nothing for you here they said. Plenty to do in the cities, go see the world they said..."

"Heh, yeah, this has certainly been... Something."

"So... What do we even do with it now..? It doesn't exactly fit in any of our backpacks..."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:13 pm

"Oh that is simple, I can have Singularity hold onto it and recall her. Since we are trying to keep her out of sight anyways...right? Though I wish we didn't have to, she could have been an ace against certain pokemon the others are weak against. Does this artifact still work? If overseer tries to grab it again? I hope so...but in any case we should keep hold of it to make sure others won't.

....So can Genesect use this or not?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Alex sighs slightly, "It's probably for the best that we can't open it, but also a shame. I'm sure we'd screw up somehow if we had any degree of the power available, but the power of the bug type... Well, I'm sure there would be some use. Subterfuge, as you said. Maybe it would exhibit the bug tendency for early evolution. As it is, though, I can't think of any bug legendaries, since Genesect turned out to not really be one, so it's probably impossible to open this. Maybe there would be a guardian of that temple, but that seems a long shot."

If Genesect can carry the cube into the ball, it's time to set about checking the rest of the rooms that we missed, which apparently includes a storage room that I don't remember even existing without being extensively looted. Skip through that to the results if there's nothing significant to decide? Then we can be ready to head back to the main facility.
Last edited by Dlover on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:08 pm

"Hah, yeah, that happens. What kind of pokemon?"

"Uhh, a really rare one. Rare to the point I don't wanna release it out in the open, yeah?" Technically true, but probably for different reasons than Fatale would suspect. "I might use her in the gym battle, if you'll be around for that. If I make it that far."

"...Arceus, what the hell are you even doing being a trainer? You should start a restaurant or something. You'd probably get some big wig senators visit you and stuff."

"That's the backup plan, if this trainer thing falls through. I just didn't wanna jump into being a chef right away. It's a uh... really demanding field."

Then Fatale shares what she and Jack found out so far, which unfortunately wasn't much. It never occurred to him that the League uses clones, though, which cemented the connection between the League and the Godslayers. Although... Koa wonders how far the Spark could trace that connection? And there was that clone fugitive - would he still be hidden by the Godslayer cloaking field-thingy? AND there was that one senator Koa saw in that vision, too. He wonders whether he should tell Jack about that one, but Fatale did seem to imply that Jack can't really investigate leads regarding League business. He'd have to think about it.

"Anyways, Pam Pyxis... Doesn't sound familiar to me, but Jack might know her. Should it sound familiar..?"

"Probably not. She used to live here, apparently, but now she's with that Prometheus guy. She's called Pandora, now. I figured Prometheus might've came here sometime ago and found her. I'd figure a guy like that would make an impression if he came here, yeah? Or at the very least, if you find out more about Pam, you might find something on Prometheus."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:23 am

Pocketing the Dusk ball, Izzy moves to take a look through the rest of the side passages.

Intuition: 11
Perception: 22

Assuming she doesn't find anything else interesting though, she heads back to the reaper room and enters it properly.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 am

"R-Right. We should probably stop there. I mean, we don't even have a... You know."

Yeah, maybe your right. Phoenix pauses for a moment, slightly out of breath. Or... we could get one.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 am

Bjorn clicks. "Oh yeah of course, the other box thing! Well we can't leave it here right? Who knows who's next to come along here, or what if these people return? Lets just let Genesect take it for now then, or can we get like one of these robots or drones to carry it or something?"

He looks around. "Also, now that Haley's damn itch is scratched, I also wouldn't mind checking to see if there's any rooms we missed. Could find somewhere to heal our mons or something."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:38 am

"We were already told the airship has a healing machine."

In fact, I'm pretty sure we said we'd be doing that before looting the place and learning the name, but whatever.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:09 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"Oh that is simple, I can have Singularity hold onto it and recall her. Since we are trying to keep her out of sight anyways...right? Though I wish we didn't have to, she could have been an ace against certain pokemon the others are weak against. Does this artifact still work? If overseer tries to grab it again? I hope so...but in any case we should keep hold of it to make sure others won't.

....So can Genesect use this or not?"

"I predict two potential outcomes of trying to recall me whilst I am holding on to the box. The first and most likely scenario is that it will fail to materialize, and drop to the ground."

"The second is that the pokeball will explode."

"But unless you're asking if it works in the same way it has been used so far, involving quite complicated setups to get just a bit of magic in return... I'm afraid the answer is no."

Alex chips in on the subject, as does Bjorn, as they move to inspect the as of yet unclaimed room- First being the storage room where Bjorn, again, points out the medical supplies he found earlier- But of which many probably expired, and they'd need to be inspected to find which ones are still safe and which aren't. Which leaves the freezer and the bathroom, if they want to inspect those...

(Perception rolls for the latter rooms)

Koa

"Uhh, a really rare one. Rare to the point I don't wanna release it out in the open, yeah? I might use her in the gym battle, if you'll be around for that. If I make it that far."

"Hmm... Probably won't be there to watch, I'm afraid. And yeah- IF you make it through the challenge... Although you've never quite struck me as the cowardly type."

"That's the backup plan, if this trainer thing falls through. I just didn't wanna jump into being a chef right away. It's a uh... really demanding field."

"Fair enough. If you got the chance, why not go for it, right?"

"Probably not. She used to live here, apparently, but now she's with that Prometheus guy. She's called Pandora, now. I figured Prometheus might've came here sometime ago and found her. I'd figure a guy like that would make an impression if he came here, yeah? Or at the very least, if you find out more about Pam, you might find something on Prometheus."

"Well then- Guess we'll have to ask around, huh?"

"Later, though... Right now, I guess I should be getting back to my job. Be seeing you, alright?"
she says, slipping him a slightly mischievous grin- Before bounding off to back inside the gym.

Izzy

Izzy pockets the dusk ball, before heading a bit further back... Soon pausing as she comes atop a grate embedded in the wall, not too high up, something one could easily climb into... Well, if it weren't for the grate covering it. Beyond it, both her vision and senses seem to reveal a vent of sorts, curving to her left out of view and continuing for quite a while.

Unless she can think of something clever, though, it doesn't seem like she's getting in this way as the vent seems... Stuck? There's no screws or the like she can see that would keep it affixed in place, but it's not giving way with just a light pull. She'd need to put some force (athletics) behind it, and that is something she distinctly lacks...

Her intuition tells her that barring she got any good ideas, there's one or two hallways left she could check for anything of interest.

Phoenix

Phoenix's suggestion leaves Alex with a light blush.

"Well, you go get it then, if you're that eager..."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:27 am

"...well crap."

Athletics: 6
Intuition: 7
Perception: 17

Cursing her weak noodle arms, and the fact that she couldn't bring Maku in here to help, Izzy has a go at the grate regardless. She actually gets a surprisingly good grip on it, pulling with all her strength - but, barring some kind of miracle, it isn't enough. Leaving the vent behind, she moves on to the last couple of side passages, her annoyance distracting her slightly from the task at hand.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 am

Haley frowns "Then...how are we supposed to keep it safe? We don't want these other people take it. Is there like a large bag or something to carry it in?"

Per (freezer) [5d6+3] = 25+3 = 28 per (bathroom) [5d6+3] = 22+3 = 25

Edit: apparently we missed the storage room too? Per [5d6+3] = 18+3 = 21

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:03 am

"Yeah, maybe I'll see ya in a little bit!"

As Fatale takes her leave, Koa glances about before taking out his pokedex. Not wanting to say anything out loud, he instead types some questions out for the Spark.

Code: Select all

U get all that? Godslayers using league tech to make clones? That runaway clone? Know anything about those?

And what was that senators name at hamachi?
After that, assuming there's no further distractions, Koa finishes treating his team and enters the gym to take the Iron (lvl 30) challenge!
Intuition and Perception in Murkoff gym:
5d6+6 = [3, 2, 2, 2, 1] = 16
2d6 = [6, 4] = 10

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Irene will hold her breath as she tries to run away, but the moment she feels anything touch her she'll teleport behind the creature and hold still. If the creature seems to turn around she'll start running in the opposite direction.

Sorry away from my computer so I can't make any rolls at the moment, though i would like to ap boost the athletic checks so back home now.
Irene athletics [2d6+1] = 7+1 = 8 perception [2d6] = 10 Intuition [2d6] = 6
teleport
Irene athletics [2d6+1] = 7+1 = 8 perception [2d6] = 6 Intuition [2d6] = 6
Last edited by Natrivv on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:08 pm

"Well, you go get it then, if you're that eager..."

Then I will! Phoenix pauses for a moment. Right after you tell me where I could buy some.

Assuming she gives him some directions, Phoenix quickly grabs his backpack and calls for Spot to follow, quickly giving Alex a kiss goodbye before rushing to the store.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:17 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Ok so we could either: tie it to Tank's back and she carry it for us along with our gear; get some robot or drone here to carry it; get it to the airship and somehow get that thing flying. I'll be right back, going to check out the freezer."

Bjorn Perception for Freezer: 3D6 = [6, 1, 5] = 12
Bjorn Perception for Bathroom: 3D6 = [2, 6, 4] = 12
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:02 pm

Knowing he won't see anything the others don't, and most things they will, Alex instead sets to looking for places people are likely to hide things.
"Unfortunately, that airship belonged to Team Plasma, and the authorities would likely shoot it down on sight and arrest or shoot anyone found on it. That and it probably flew using the ice core."

Storage room: Intuition: 23
Freezer: 24
Bathroom: 18
My game:

My characters: