PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 am

Let's see I found a murkrow, manket, mr. mime, kecleon, and spinarak... but there's seven pokemon... there's that one challenge I couldn't figure out... so that's probably abra since it was a puzzle. Does that mean there's a section I missed? Irene ponders out loud breaking the silence of the maze to cope with her nerves. Though she sighs
So I've completed 5 of the 7 challenges, couldn't do 1 so that leaves one more... I really want to leave though... unless I'm lucky and this is the puzzle
Irene then puts the idols into the pedestals. In order of Spinarak, kecleon, mankey, mr. mime
► Show Spoiler
Items on hand
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Drake

Drake takes a risky bet as he releases Myre, sending it out against the houndour..! It clamps down furiously, doing some good damage, and seeming to knock it out... Just before Jack intervenes-

"We're not giving up yet, Runt- Bite through!"

The rather harsh command seems to give the houndour just enough pain resistance to keep standing- As it burninates Myre for 45(102) damage, creating an OHKO!

"That was a rather bold move... A bit too bold, I'd have to say."

LIGHT: 2 more turns
Flash uses remaining: 1
Myre(20/16) KO
crowley(19/15) conceded
cullen(19/11) KO
sandile(18/15) recalled
murkrow(16) KO
houndour(15) very badly injured
Mightyena(14) KO
Darfel(2) recalled

Koa

"Heh, I guess not. I can throw up a Wide Guard, too, if something happens."

"Hmm... Much appreciated, but I can take care of myself, really. If anything were to happen, you'd be best off making some distance before you get hurt."

"You don't need to worry though. I think I just heard... Some of the machinery getting stuck. Sorry- can't say more than that without potentially spoiling stuff."

"Anyways... I'd prove it, if you want. Feel free to hit me with your strongest shot- Don't worry, I'm not gonna bite back."

As Fatale is tempting Koa to hit her, though, Koa continues investigating further, looking for what exactly it is that made such a grinding noise... And his intuition leads him straight there, this time around- While he thinks there might be another corridor or two that contains something of interest behind him, it seems he's found a door of some kind... The grinding he heard earlier seeming to have come from it "grinding" open, and going deeper in the maze... As meanwhile, Fatale sighs.

"Ah, shit fuck. Arceus damn it."

"Okay, so... Gonna have to call our little meeting short, Koa."
she says, seeming a bit sad as she digs out some kind of device from... Nowhere, really- Placing the handheld "magnet" on one of the tiles beneath them, soon lifting it up..! Dragging the tile over to the side somewhat as she already seems to preparing to jump down it.

"So to give you the short version of what you're missing out on- There's supposed to be like, a robot here waiting to scare you. It'd chase you around a little bit and stuff. But since it's not here, I think I did hear it break earlier, so..."

"Well, I'm gonna go down and look at it, and you should continue... That'll be alright?"
Fatale asks, waiting a moment for confirmation before anything else... And also to see if he's going to try and punch her or not.

Izzy

Izzy, happy that nothing was lost, decides to grab the one item that offers some benefits besides being only an evolution stone. But figuring that, besides that, she's not going to be able to solve however she's supposed to get that key... She just continues. At first heading straight back to the exit, but pausing when she realizes there's one more path left unexplored... Might as well see where that goes, right?

Although, she's not entirely sure if she actually did end up liking where it goes- As, after another linear path, she does find herself met with another slightly bigger room, like the mirror room she had come from not too long ago... But also, a lot of skittering noises, soon finding the source to be that the room is absolutely infested with spiders. Webs line the walls, and most notably the ceiling, which she can't even tell how high it is without the webs blocking it... Well, actually she can, with her cheaty wind powers- Turns out it's not much higher than the webs, although there are a good number of what seem to be spinarak in there still... As she soon stops investigating, not wanting the rush of wind to disturb them.

It seems there is an open passage to the right, unblocked by the webs... As well as a larger one straight ahead, but unlike the smaller one, this one is practically blocked by webs, and the entire floor seems coated beyond it- But behind all those webs, she does vaguely see... Another idol..?

Alex, Haley, (Bjorn)

Haley moves over to the robot, planning to start dismantling it... It's probably going to take a while, depending on what she wants to do- Is she just looking to try to find the most valuable components and extract them, or looking to salvage as many usable parts to potentially re-use? In each case, but especially the latter, she'd probably be looking at least at an hour-long job to do it...

"Um Sparky, tell us what you are going to do. I do not want to get stressed again due to your antics. Anyways I think Alex may get theough them. Even if he does though.. I think we may need to destroy this ship to prevent others from obtaining it."

Code: Select all

Well, I'm not going to do anything. I couldn't. You'd have to do it. :)

And it's just a suggestion that might sound odd, hence I'd need you to trust me... :)

If you think you can convince Tex, though, or figure out something else... You are free to do so, of course. :)

But for what I'd want to suggest. :)

In one of the yet unlooted rooms in this place, there is a special item known as a DUBIOUS DISC. :o

I'd like you to take it, and... Well, try to force it upon Hopper. :o

Since you're probably asking now why you'd ever want to do that... Allow me to explain. :)

A porygon knows no emotions. It simply follows orders- To the letter.

A porygon2 is a bit more advanced... It can UNDERSTAND emotions- But while it could technically perfectly replicate all these, they don't have to. They can ignore those "processes" as they please. To put it quite blunt, but accurate... They're basically sociopaths.

But a porygon-Z... There's a reason it's called a dubious disc. It might upgrade it's calculating power, but it forces those processes to be run- Evaluate it's actions.

I'm... Probably not too good at explaining what I mean. :)

I'm not that good at it, myself. :)

Basically, all I'm trying to say, is that there is a chance that if he evolves... Maybe he'll understand what he's doing will hurt people. :)
Alex meanwhile decides to get his pokemon healed, knowing there's a healing machine on the ship.

... A ship that can only be accessed through the use of a long, long rope upwards. Joy. (I'll take an athletics check)

"Oh, and. We want to have a good relationship with the locals. Can everyone endure the injuries until one of them is awake, so we don't go intruding in their house, stealing their limited medicine?"

"Ah. Luna, do you or Beatrix have any energy left after all that mess? I didn't want to say it with Tex about, but I was thinking earlier, if this lot's mother is sick and medicine didn't help, maybe your power would do more?"

"Ah... I can, yes. And... I'm afraid I've pretty much spent all my healing. There is one thing I could do that might work, but... Well, it's something I can do only once or twice- Ever. Given that it's the power to save someone from death... I'd rather hope I'd never have to use it, but at the same time I'd like to save it where I could."

"We'd have to wait until tomorrow until I can cast my regular blessing again... Either that, or if I sleep with someone, then- I mean sleeping with someone as in just near them!"
Luna says, quickly correcting herself as she realizes what she might have just implied.

"Erm, maybe you've noticed it already, but... Xerneas' blessing should heal anyone nearby, while we rest. That'll hopefully take care of all our injuries, next time we rest... And I'll take a look at this mother once I can."

Irene

Irene considers her situation for a moment, realizing that there might be a challenge she's missed... There was another exit at that mirror room, not to mention she never went left waaaay at the start of the maze. But maybe it was a bit much at this point to try and go for such full completion... Placing her idols on the little altar, there is a satisfying click as the door begins to grind open... And her idols aren't even taken away! As the door grinds open to reveal another small room... There's some kind of dispensing machine to the left... And yet another door straight ahead of her.

To the left, the dispensing machine seems as if it will award her one item of choice- Either a "dusk stone", "razor claw", or "leaf stone"... Turning to her right and facing the door, it almost seems even sturdier than the first one... There's what seems to be a vase engraved in the middle of the door, as there's little "spectral glows" inside, illuminated by her darklight lantern- Off to the side is a drawing of the lantern in the question to her left, and to her right, she notices what seems to be... A skeleton key?

It doesn't take much longer to find what she has to do to open the door, either, or at the very least she presumes she does- As she makes a final turn to the right, where an otherwise blank wall becomes illuminated in a pattern of runes... And unmistakably, in it's middle, a keyhole- Revealed only by the lantern...

...She doesn't have a key, though...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Haley will try to get the most valuable parts from it, and hopefully they can use those.

"Alex, if you need help up maybe Bjorn and Rhem can?"

"You don't know if it will work? Anyways, you said this place was already looted, where would we find one? And if Tex has one then why he didn't use it? And is Hopper captured or just an illegal pokemon? If all else fails...."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Shuddering, Izzy gives the Spinaraks a cautious look. Why couldn't it have been Joltiks!? At least they were kind of cute and cuddly...

Still, as....icky as it was, it wasn't the worst thing ever. She'd already faced down one den of spiders and won that day. What was one more?

Keeping close to the exit in case the spiders get agitated, Izzy starts using her wind (Guster) to blow away the worst of the webbing between her and the idol. No point hiding her powers any more, after all. She keeps her light pointed up, watching the spiders carefully as she works. If they look like they're about to attack at any point then she stops, not wanting to risk a fight.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:06 pm

"Anyways... I'd prove it, if you want. Feel free to hit me with your strongest shot- Don't worry, I'm not gonna bite back."

"Oh I don't doubt it. You're one of Jack's top pokemon, yeah? I was just saying, in case something tried to use Hypnosis on ya or something. I dunno what you guys have running around in here...."

"Besides, I can take a hit, but I can't dish it out so much. I'm... working on it," Koa admits, somewhat abashedly.

Then Koa finds the door that had opened, and Fatale reveals that it had some kinda trap robot that broke down?

"Well, I'm gonna go down and look at it, and you should continue... That'll be alright?"

"Sure, but, I could try to help out if you want? Though I'm not so good at that kinda tech stuff."

Assuming Fatale declines, Koa will turn back for now. He'd passed up some potentially interesting corridors, and he can always find his way back here once he was done checking that out.
Intuition and Perception for corridors before grind door:
5d6+4 = [6, 3, 2, 2, 1] = 18
2d6 = [5, 3] = 8

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:01 pm

Alex looks at the rope. Really looks at it. Gives it the once over. Then he throws his hands up in the air, saying some very ungentlemanly things. After a moment he calms down, "Can Rhem fly? Her help would be appreciated. As for that disk... The doubt is how Hopper would behave, right? Just because he'd have emotions, you can't assume they would make him more thoughtful."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Haley starts snickering as she is tinkering as she hears Alex curse, not used to him curing. She sends out Rhemularity. "Can you help Alex get up on the ship one way or another?"
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 pm

Irene decides to take the razor claw, the other stones are nice, but when would she really get a chance to use them? Seeing the vase seem to be a little different then the other runes highlighted by the lantern she does a quick check to see if she can manipulate the spectral glows, or the vase by try to touch it, then seeing if drawing the lantern near does anything.

At this point her curiosity is peaked. The purpose of this room seems to be a reward for facing your fears, yet there's an extra layer... Maybe there's more here to the maze. Knowing full well with the murkrow idol lost she can't do a full run, but maybe she can find the key?

Thinking about the two unexplored branches Irene decides to go back to the start of the maze. For one maybe the lantern can help her with the puzzle she had no clue about, and two she could have easily passed by the skeleton key, or vase before.

Irene dove Occult [4d6] = 13 survival [3d6] = 10 perception [2d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 12
► Show Spoiler
Irene dove Occult [4d6] = 20 survival [3d6] = 8 perception [2d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 9
Irene dove Occult [4d6] = 14 survival [3d6] = 13 perception [2d6] = 9 intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene dove Occult [4d6] = 12 survival [3d6] = 14 perception [2d6] = 9 intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene dove Occult [4d6] = 18 survival [3d6] = 5 perception [2d6] = 3 intuition [2d6] = 10
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:18 am

Phoenix listens to Midas, thinking up rebuttals at almost every point, but knowing most, if not all, of them were useless and would easily be batted away. Sure, there is no way to tell that Midas is being honest with Phoenix, but he has no reason to doubt him. He'd seen various rat races where people who hoped to come out on top were destined to lose by design. He had once been a rat in one of those races, before he saw the truth and got out, even though it had cost him. Cost him his friends, his home, almost his life. And now, he had foolishly entered into another, much bigger one, just because he had had the foolish idea of becoming a trainer.

But murder? He had left the organized crime scene because the boss wanted him to start leaving threatening messages inside his enemies houses. He figured with Phoenix's small stature and sneaking skills, he was perfect. But... once the boss asked him to leave a letter attached to somebody's daughter's bed, he left that night, never returned. And now he was being asked to commit... murder. A very large step up from leaving messages.

Phoenix is so distracted at this point, he just walks in the door and finds the stairs, climbing down. He doesn't try to be sneaky, or look up if anybody reacts to him.

Is it worth it? Of course you'll say yes. But why is it worth it? I never wanted to be a killer. You probably know because you're in my head, but I left the only person who would take care of me, the entire life I had after I ran away from home, to live under a bridge, because I didn't like how the boss did his business. And now, you're asking me to kill somebody. I don't know if I can. But something tells me I have to, if I want to actually play this game.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:37 am

Bjorn coughs and splutters as he comes to, taking a few long moments to stay lying down and regain his senses before gingerly getting to his feet.
As the discussion regarding healing and climbing progresses, he stays quietly looking upward at the rope. Finally he speaks.

"I can carry those who can't climb. I think. Wrestling down stubborn Stantler and climbing hulls of ships with foot thick lengths of rope wrapped around me might not be fun but it sure comes in handy."
Bjorn offers to lash anyone who needs assistance to him and carry them piggyback up the rope, making as many trips as necessary.

Bjorn Athletics Check: 5D6 = [2, 6, 6, 3, 3] = 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClzaP8HN2wc
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:46 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"Alex, if you need help up maybe Bjorn and Rhem can?"

"Can Rhem fly? Her help would be appreciated."

"Can you help Alex get up on the ship one way or another?"

"I can carry those who can't climb. I think. Wrestling down stubborn Stantler and climbing hulls of ships with foot thick lengths of rope wrapped around me might not be fun but it sure comes in handy."

"If I may. While I can certainly attempt to briefly carry up Alex while attempting to not burn him with my booster jets, or that I do not doubt Bjorn may manage to help carry him up... If Alex's only reason to be on the ship is to reach the healing machines, would it not be far more sensible to simply hand over the pokeballs that you require us to put in?"

With the revelation that the trainers are probably making things harder than it should be, Bjorn takes Alex's pokeballs with him to go put in the healing machine- As Alex and Haley continue talking with the Spark for a while longer...

"You don't know if it will work? Anyways, you said this place was already looted, where would we find one? And if Tex has one then why he didn't use it? And is Hopper captured or just an illegal pokemon? If all else fails...."

"As for that disk... The doubt is how Hopper would behave, right? Just because he'd have emotions, you can't assume they would make him more thoughtful."

Well... No, I can't guarantee it will or won't work. :/

Like Alex is presuming, exactly how he'd turn out is variable. It's hard to know in advance what will "stick", and what won't. :/

But when the options are either to do nothing, and have him not care for certain, or to do something and perhaps make him care... It seems like the option would be clear. :)

Anyways! I said the ship was looted from top to bottom... The trainers actually did miss a couple rooms in the main complex. Like I was going to guide you to before this little mess started. ;)

As for Hopper... Well, he is most definitely captured. :)

Tex just lost his pokeball several years ago. >_>

There's a process with the league to get him rebound to a new one, but... Given that he's rarely in battle, and when he is he's within the relative safety of one of his robots... He never bothered. :/

It... Does complicate things a little bit, yes. :/
Izzy

Izzy bites down her lips as she realizes the situation... But decides to try and push through regardless- She'd dealt with these kind of guys just earlier today, she could do it again. Even if these were a good bit bigger, and a lot scarier than the relatively cute fuzzy joltiks...

She has to stop her plan of destroying some of the webs to make a path of the idol pretty much immediately, though- As the spiders really don't seem to like it, many coming into sight, and a lot of them hissing in response to the actions... Some back off after a moment, but another couple keep staring as yet another actually already begins spinning a web to replace what's been damaged. It seems large scaled destruction of webs draws too much attention if she doesn't want to risk getting attacked... But maybe if she's more careful, she could kind off... "Step around" the worst of it? Maybe then they wouldn't mind..?

(It would be acrobatics or stealth to try and "sneak" through the webs... Or you are free to give your own ideas, or just continue trying to blast the webs out of the way and risk the spiders wrath...)

Koa

"Oh I don't doubt it. You're one of Jack's top pokemon, yeah? I was just saying, in case something tried to use Hypnosis on ya or something. I dunno what you guys have running around in here...."

"Besides, I can take a hit, but I can't dish it out so much. I'm... working on it,"

"What, don't wanna hit a girl..? Aaah, fine."

"I was gonna just block the attack anyways, but alright..."

---

"Sure, but, I could try to help out if you want? Though I'm not so good at that kinda tech stuff."

"Well... While I'd gladly accept the invitation- Especially since I'm probably just going to try some percussive maintenance... I'm afraid that you'd probably wouldn't be too much help, given that you wouldn't even be able to see half of everything down here with that dinky flashlight you got." Fatale points out, reminding Koa once again she's got no such issues.

"Besides that, I really shouldn't let you down here, so... Maybe I'll catch you later, alright? Although this is probably going to turn into me failing to fix it, and then I'm gonna have to go contract one of those junkrats so THEY can perform percussive maintenance but actually get it working again... It's a chore, keeping this decade old stuff working at times."

With that, Koa jumps down- Grabbing a handle at the bottom of the tile, using that to slide it back into place, the hatch becoming virtually invisible once more as it slots into the tiled floor of the maze... And Koa decides to backtrack a little bit, realizing he might have missed one or two spots of interest... Eventually coming across another door, similar to the one he had found with all the pokemon eggs before- Some kind of puzzle needing to be solved to open it... Except this one has all kinds of runic writing on it that need to be matched, instead. Just intuition probably isn't gonna help this time if most of it is completely "arcane"...

(It's an occult edu roll if you want to try...)

Irene

Irene does investigate the door a bit closer, but finds that the little "wisps of light", like most things the lamp reveals, are either purely decorative, or informative... But besides that keyhole so far, not really "interact-able". Her interest is piqued none the less, though. Collecting the razor claw, she makes herself ready to track back to the very start of the maze- Realizing that, given general layout, this long tunnel led to the "middle", or "heart" of the maze, with likely two main paths circling it to the end on the other side... If that's correct, she'd eventually end up back in that mirror room again..!

So she decides to go ahead and test that theory, working her way back towards the start... She doesn't really come across anything interesting (besides triggering another noise trap, albeit not causing anything) on the way- But that's mostly because she focuses on getting back to the start, rather than taking the much longer exploratory route... Eventually arriving back at the start of the maze with no issues. She can continue left with no issues if she wants to...

Phoenix

Phoenix mostly... Zones out, while thinking deeply, still doubting things... Saying as much to Midas.

"Is it worth it? Of course you'll say yes. But why is it worth it? I never wanted to be a killer. You probably know because you're in my head, but I left the only person who would take care of me, the entire life I had after I ran away from home, to live under a bridge, because I didn't like how the boss did his business. And now, you're asking me to kill somebody. I don't know if I can. But something tells me I have to, if I want to actually play this game."

"But there, it was justified. You would not have done it for yourself- You would have done it to satisfy the will of your master, and left with only the relative scraps in return.
And I believe you're smart enough to realize- Things would have advanced from being a simple "messenger boy" sooner or later."

"But the path to power is often paved with blood, yes. Those who play fair or nice never get far. But if you listen to what I tell you, and everything goes according to plan... You might but need to kill one person- And it's not even as if you will have to bring down a physical dagger upon her. You'll just drop a little bit of liquid into a glass, and she'll drift off peacefully into the night. An old, evil woman, for whom little will actually cry."

"Do you not think she has done far worse, to get where she is now? When you know she has destroyed lives, and perhaps even killed, for far less?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:04 am

"Well, might as well get the disk while we wait for pokemon to heal?"

I am extremely tired an had to fix typos in most words, but 'disk' probably had the most important typo to fix.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:09 am

Koa waves goodbye to Fatale as he heads back into the maze!

Then he comes across a door with a word puzzle written in a writing he probably doesn't understand. He'll give it a shot, though!
Occult Edu on runic door: 2d6 = [6, 3] = 9 (I'll boost that to 11)
Intuition on runic door: 5d6+4 = [6, 5, 2, 2, 1] = 20

It... might look kinda-sorta familiar? Koa mostly relies on instinct, as usual, and tries to see if he can piece together one or two words, first. If he can do that, maybe he can piece together the other words through context?

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:10 am

Having a genreal idea of the maze and knowing she's already been though most things seems to give Irene a rush of strength as she showcases some of best moments in the maze. Even her normally dull perception seems to be honed into finding the clues to find the key.

Irene Occult [4d6] = 18 survival [3d6] = 12 perception [2d6] = 10 intuition [2d6] = 6
Irene Occult [4d6] = 14 survival [3d6] = 10 perception [2d6] = 9 intuition [2d6] = 7
Irene Occult [4d6] = 18 survival [3d6] = 17 perception [2d6] = 11 intuition [2d6] = 8
Irene Occult [4d6] = 16 survival [3d6] = 17 perception [2d6] = 11 intuition [2d6] = 7

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:11 am

"Oh in that case, you can put Alex's pokeballs to the machine. Some of mine will go in after his is done. I better make sure they don't know you exist. I don't know what would happen if they do, but after we get done, we may have to destroy the ship." Haley recalls Rhem. "You can go ahead and try to find it, I'm making sure these machines can't hurt anybody else."

Haley continues to dismantle the large robot as she is talking to sparky. "Oh, that should be a simple fix." Haley brings out her pokeball. "I don't want Hopper to get any more hurt than he needs to, if the league can do that, surely you can set up a new ball for hopper? How did he loose it anyways?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 am

Oooookay, change of plans then! Not wishing the anger the spiders any more than she already has, Izzy tries just slipping past the webs instead.

Acrobatics: 27

Luckily, that seems to work pretty well! Most likely because she can just float over and around the awkward ones :roll:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:12 pm

"Maybe we should try to keep Tex and Hopper out cold? Don't have to be too rough, just a kick every now and then? Just so we can prepare before they're up."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 pm

"I...I guess? I don't want to hurt them too badly. Hmmm... Okay so we can at least take Hopper with us and Tex is tied up. If he wakes up he won't get out any time soon and I'll station Willow near him so that if he does get out she can knock him out again. Bjorn and Luna can also watch them while we go hunt for the disk. I will just finish up salvaging parts afterwards, I guess." Haley picks up Hopper (or has someone else carry him). And has Willow to attack Tex only if he is free from the bonds. She then goes to the location for the disk.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Alex, Haley, (Bjorn)

As Bjorn goes off to deposit everyone's pokemon in the healing machines, Alex and Haley debate...

"Well, might as well get the disk while we wait for pokemon to heal?"

"You can go ahead and try to find it, I'm making sure these machines can't hurt anybody else."

"May I inquire as to what disk? I believe I have been left out of part of an important conversation to understand the context."

"Oh in that case, you can put Alex's pokeballs to the machine. Some of mine will go in after his is done. I better make sure they don't know you exist. I don't know what would happen if they do, but after we get done, we may have to destroy the ship."

"I do believe it would be for the best to keep my existence a general secret. As for the destruction of the ship... While you may very well be correct, facilitating such a thing might be harder than expected. Most fast solutions would be cost intensive, and do damage to the surrounding area... While breaking it to a point of no restoration manually would take a very long time. The best we could do on short notice is break the on board reactor- Which would be time consuming and difficult to fix."

"Oh, that should be a simple fix. I don't want Hopper to get any more hurt than he needs to, if the league can do that, surely you can set up a new ball for hopper? How did he loose it anyways?"

Well... No. :/

Oh don't get me wrong, if the question is can I make it happen, then it is a definite yes. But not as easy as you might hope. :/

Remember "da rules"? I can not touch anything, unless I have permission from it's owner. :/

And I do not own Hopper. Nor the league storage system. I can not just relink him. :/

If you can get Tex to agree, though... It'd take me but a second to fix that issue. :)
"Maybe we should try to keep Tex and Hopper out cold? Don't have to be too rough, just a kick every now and then? Just so we can prepare before they're up."

"I...I guess? I don't want to hurt them too badly."

"Brutal, but efficient. I do feel the need that if done carelessly, either may end up with injuries that will be much harder to treat."

"Hmmm... Okay so we can at least take Hopper with us and Tex is tied up. If he wakes up he won't get out any time soon and I'll station Willow near him so that if he does get out she can knock him out again. Bjorn and Luna can also watch them while we go hunt for the disk. I will just finish up salvaging parts afterwards, I guess."

(Okay, so if I'm reading things right, Haley and Alex will go search for the dubious disc for now? If you give long term plans we might be able to skip ahead a bit, but if your plan for now is simply to find the disc, give me perception (or intuition seeing how Alex is joining) rolls to see what else you might find in the room.)

Koa

Koa gives a hand at the puzzle, trying to have his intuition help solve things where his occult education might fail... But ultimately it seems to be naught, really. Unlike poke eggs, most of these don't seem to have any "intuitive" correlation, in another similar kind of matching puzzle... As eventually he has to give up for now, figuring he doesn't want to spend an hour just inputting random questions... Especially when he thinks there's one or two dead ends left to check, in this part of the maze..?

Irene

Despite everything, Irene continues her exploration of the maze..! She ends up travelling for quite a while without seeming to come into any interesting dead ends... She actually thinks she might have gotten "lucky" and beelined it straight to the next point of interest- Ahead, another smaller room, a locked door on the other side... It seems to be some kind of miniature graveyard, a thin fog coating the ground as what you're guessing must be "prop" gravestones are littered across the room. There seems to be sitting a reaper animatronic in the room, watching silently... With some kind of alchemical lab of to the right.
► Show Spoiler
Izzy

Deciding force isn't the way, Izzy decides to do things just slightly differently... Beginning to float off the ground, she aligns herself horizontally- Simply floating through one of the gaps in the web, leaving it undisturbed... And the spiders seem unbothered, as she floats up right to the pedestal without any issues!

OBTAINED IDOL: SPINARAK

And she was right about to head back, when...

"Hmm, hmm... Oh darlings- Wrap up our dear guest, won't you?"

The voice- Seeming to come from somewhere above is definitely female, but seems to hold a certain "hiss" to it... As Izzy is left with little time to react as all the spiders suddenly seem to turn on her! Around 4 of them give her a scary face, slowing her down to a literal crawl... Before at least another 8 shoot silken strings at her- Effectively getting her stuck in the webs..!
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Dang. Well, that's that.

Koa decides to not let this door bother him too much, then. There might be other things he missed in one of these other corridors?

Intuition and Perception after runic door:
5d6+4 = [6, 6, 4, 4, 2] = 26
2d6 = [3, 1] = 4

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:09 pm

"Oh, right. Sparky thinks if we give the dubious disk to Hopper, the enemy porygon, then it might be able to have empathy and not tell it's employers about this ship because many people will die. They are not people I want to know about you. I think the ship would be used for evil and that is why I think it is best to be destroyed. "

"sparky, the ship is not owned. I may need your help in dismantling it once and for all."

Per [5d6+3] = 23+3 = 26 oh! I forgot the +2 from the observational archive.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Seeing the grave stones Irene smiled. "I doubt it would be that easy, but a skeloton key hidden within the graves?" First Irene approaches the animatronic to make sure a chase scene wasn't about to start. Then she looks for runes across the wall to identify as she then takes her time being slow and methodical at going over the graves.

Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14 Irene perception [2d6] = 8 Intuition [2d6] = 7
after probably not finding it, she'll look over the animatronic to see if it looks like it might have the key on it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:16 pm

The only plan I have is to find the disk and use it on Hopper.

Intuition: 16
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:15 am

Bjorn calls down from the ship as the others take off with loads of friendly sarcasm, "No no, its fine guys, I'll just stay here and heal everyone's pokemon for you. Don't worry about me while you go looking for cool valuable stuff!"

((Sorry I've got a busy weekend on, so Bjorn will stay with the pokeballs and continue feeding them into the healing machine every 30 min or however long it takes. If they all finish and the others still aren't back, he'll shimmy down and go looking for unexplored rooms, but otherwise happy to just be healing machine operator.))
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 am

"AHHHHHH!"

Scrabbling backwards, Izzy tries to fight her way out of the webs. She puts in a valiant effort, but....well, she's not exactly built for this kind of thing.

Athletics: 6

As she realises the futility of struggling, she tries to calm herself down and conserve her energy. The spiders weren't actually attacking, were they? And....where had that voice come from?

"H-hello? Who's there?"