PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Koa

Koa shrugs, eventually just moving on- Continuing to explore, as eventually he finds... Another lever? he's sure it's not the one from before, at least, but he's not seen any other doors it could have opened, and he seems quite certain he would have found it if there was... Would it be an "either or" thing, that he could have pulled this lever for the door as well? Is it for something else, like a hidden smaller compartment? Or maybe this one was the actual trap..?! Nah, he's pretty sure it's going to be one of the first two options... Just not sure which one.

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"Oh, right. Sparky thinks if we give the dubious disk to Hopper, the enemy porygon, then it might be able to have empathy and not tell it's employers about this ship because many people will die. They are not people I want to know about you. I think the ship would be used for evil and that is why I think it is best to be destroyed. "

"Ah, yes. A curious plan- The dubious disc was called as such for often being considered defective... If one considers a porygon needing to obey without question one of it's important qualities. The only difference between porygon and porygon2 would be that the first iteration would follow commands to the letter with sometimes disastrous consequences, while porygon2 would actually deduce full intent and go from that."

"I have been... Thinking about the ship, however. Indeed, if there is a credible threat to it's discovery, it's destruction would be the most advisable course of action. But otherwise... My internal logs also speak of a shielding system on board, powered by the same source of their main cannon. It's how it didn't just get downed by one powerful enough shot against the balloon. And given the grand overseer's disposition towards this power... It may actually end up being a most vital weapon against it."

"sparky, the ship is not owned. I may need your help in dismantling it once and for all."

Code: Select all

Hmm... You're right, actually... :)

Okay... Here's what you do- First, declare the ship yours, given how no one else will...:)

And then give it to me. :)

From that point, well... I'd rather not destroy it, you know. :)

So much valuable technology inside! I... Might actually be using some of it, I admit. :o

But I can promise that if it really seems like the godslayers or some unsavory group is going to grab it, well... :)

I could teleport it into orbit around the sun, or something? :)
Following this, the Alex and Haley both search the room the Spark sends them too, which actually turns out to be the room they had just come from..! Apparently, the others who were here before had never even been in that room, which was mostly filled with boring machinery, but obviously the dubious disc and some other things, too... The dubious disc is the first thing found, but some further investigation does find some other things of potential interest, too. For starters, they find an "industrial" lighter- It's borderline a blowtorch, and seems like it will burn in virtually any condition... Not underwater of course, but you could dip it under, and it'd still work fine once it's out again. There's also a set of protective bracers, which are worn as an accessory items... Which on closer inspection, seems to be an SDEF focus- Helping protect against some more special based attacks... Finally, they find some "metal powder", as well as 500 worth in metal scrap.

Bjorn meanwhile, after sarcastically yelling down, finds himself calmed down by Luna as she just decides to help him out with the healing machines... It seems there's 12 slots total available in the healing machine, and it'll take half an hour for a pokemon to be recovered to full HP... And an additional half an hour for each injury they want to cure using the healing machines.

(Alright, one final turn- We're going to be taking half hour slots. In every half hour, up to 12 pokemon can be healed to full HP- If a pokemon takes two slots or more, they can also recover injuries. In each half hour, Haley can also work towards the "tech edu" challenge to dismantle the bots, basically rolling once per half hour slot... Once the combination of her rolls hits the DC, she'll be finished. Alex can tutor a pokemon in one slot as well, and if Bjorn has something he could/wants to do, that's an option too... Tex/Hopper won't wake up for at least an hour- If you want to take it "turn by turn" to see what happens and react accordingly rather than queue up everything now, that's fine, too...)

Irene

Irene questions out loud if the key might be hidden here, hoping that some omnipresent voice might hint towards whether it's true or not... The cold red stare of the reaper animatronic wasn't going to be the voice at least, only staring coldly at Irene, before pointing off to a plaque on the side: 'TO PROCEED, BREW THE DRINK OF THE DEAD."

Hmm... She'll check out what that's about in a bit- For now, she checks the gravestones, but... Finds nothing. There just seem to be some odd flowers around the grave... Not a key or anything like that.

Next she inspects the runes on the wall, but while they definitely exist within the room, they seem to offer little extra information in this room... Only pointing towards the alchemist table on one side, as she goes to check out what this "brew of the dead" is about- It seems that there is a hefty book, providing the instructions as to how it's supposed to be brewed, although it is all in glyphs... Once she read it to figure out the ingredients, she supposes she'd have to put the right herbs in the right containers, and initiate the brewing process. Part of it also seems to be starting a fire, with no proper lighters introduced, so that's also fun...

(Occult edu to identify the recipy in the book
Medicine edu to identify correct herbs and begin the brewing
Survival to start the fire)

Izzy

Izzy, quite naturally, screams, first instincts to try and struggle free... Which does indeed prove to be largely futile, the webs holding quite a strong grip on her... Calming down a bit as she realizes they had not actually attacked her yet- Well... Unless you count the webs and the scary faces as one, but they hadn't hurt her yet, at least... As she calls out for wherever the voice might have come from:

"H-hello? Who's there?"

"Hmm, hmm. The spider queen, of course..."
the voice replies from somewhere above, two large ariados coming down from within the webs... Which only contrasted the fact that what came next was NOT a normal ariados- While a regular ariados would still come to over half the trainer's height, this one seemed big enough that it's almost her size... You could probably ride it! But of course, like she figured out with many things in this place, it was probably just a trick- As her wind senses would soon...

...Holy shit, it's real.

As the massive, discolored ariados is crawling down- it's pattern replaced by being completely black, with the exception of a red, "scary" face on it's behind. It crawls down, reaching the ground, and... Seems like it's continuing to talk? It's strange- It's attention seems to flick between many of the lesser spiders, before flicking back to Izzy occasionally as an afterthought, all while seeming to "talk"... But it didn't really seem to be coming from the spider, nor did it seem to be doing anything to "talk". Something seemed fishy... Besides the spider being absolutely terrifying, absolutely huge, and absolutely real, and just maybe getting a bit too close for comfort...

"And you're stepping on my terrain, aren't you..? Hmm hmm... Slashed some of my webs earlier, too, hmm hmm... What to do with such a little morsel..."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Well, time to see if this triggers some kinda trap.

Koa flips the lever and listens, trying to discern what change it brings about in the maze. If he fails that, he retraces his steps to both the door opened by the first lever as well as Fatale's hidden room.

Intuition and Perception after second lever:
5d6+4 = [6, 6, 5, 5, 4] = 30
2d6 = [5, 2] = 7

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:56 pm

"I claim this ship as mine then! If we can use it on the overslaver and sparky can teleport it far away, this can work wonderfully! I still want it to be mine, if it's not destroyed so that we can call it to go against the overslaver! And we get to researh and look at the tech! This can work!"
Haley looks at the blowtorch and tests it briefly. She takes the scrap with her as well. She goes to salage the large bot again.
Tech edu [5d6+1] = 11+1 = 12 hopefully with aid of blowtorch and enginer kit it will go faster.

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:53 pm

"First thought... How does the shield counter the overseer if the core was taken away by Kyurem after Plasma's downfall?"

First slot I'd like to get Roy, Mercury, and Dusk healed. Second slot Alex will teach Dusk Shadow Punch, replacing Shadow Sneak, and get Adrian and Gwen healed. If there's space in the healing machine, keep Mercury and Roy for injury healing.

The $500 can be split at $125 each (Can't forget Luna). Bjorn should use the brace since he's most likely to be in the midst of a fight.

So, summary to keep it neat. If you want your pokemon healed in a time slot and there's no space, you can replace the ones with ?() marking them.
Slot 1:
Haley's progress: 12
► Show Spoiler
Slot 2:
Haley's progress: 12 + ?
Alex Mentoring: Dusk, Shadow Sneak -> Shadow Punch
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Dlover wrote:
So, summary to keep it neat. If you want your pokemon healed in a time slot and there's no space, you can replace the ones with ?() marking them.
Slot 1:
► Show Spoiler
Slot 2:
Haley's progress: 12 + ?
► Show Spoiler
The 500 is scrap. Haley and Bjorn can both use it to create pokeballs.
Tech edu [5d6+1] = 15+1 = 16 +?? In bonuses.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Slot 1:
► Show Spoiler
Slot 2:
Haley's progress: 12 + 16 = 28
► Show Spoiler
(Just fitted in the second tech roll for slot 2)

Then I guess it's an even 250 split in the scrap between Haley and Bjorn.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:46 am

Izzy watches the giant spider carefully as it approaches, not yet convinced that the voice belonged to it. Trying to control the slight quiver in her voice, she addresses it as sweetly and politely as she can.

Intuition: 14

"H-hi. Nice to...nice to meet you? I'm Izzy. Sorry about the webs?"

"...you know, if you're reaaally struggling to decide what to do, you could always...let me go? Please?"

Charm: 19

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:05 pm

So seeing the challenge and bookinfront of her, naturaly first thing Irene does is look through the book for anything related to the vase with glowing spirits or the key.
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 18

After seeing if there's anything in there Irene starts on the actual challenge.
Occult [4d6] = 14
medicine [2d6] = 6
survival [3d6] = 13

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 am

Dlover wrote: Slot 1:
Bjorn Perception check: 13
► Show Spoiler
Slot 2:
Haley's progress: 12 + 16 = 28
Bjorn Perception check: 25
► Show Spoiler
While waiting between cycles, Bjorn explores the boat for anything he can borrow nick. He has no qualms about looting the guys who knocked him out.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:33 am

Koa

Koa flips the switch, as spikes from the ceiling instantly fall down on him hearing a distant grinding sound, not as loud as last time... But again, just barely not perceptive enough to properly say where it might have come from- His intuition makes up for it, though, as he figures whatever it might be is likely either to be at the door he's previously opened, or at Fatale's door... Although he's pretty sure that is still something completely different, checking it next would not be a bad idea...

It turns out to be unnecessary, though, as arriving back at the door, he actually does find a small, hidden compartment to have opened..! Looking inside, he finds... A poffin mixer? Alongside two razz berries and a belue berry. A bit of an odd reward for a place like this, but it's a reward none the less..! As well as... A scrap of paper..?
To reveal what you can't see,
A lantern you will need
A lantern's not here, it is guarded by fun,
But up ahead, a key, to open what's not shown.
...What a horrible riddle. Those things don't even properly rhyme. He... Also thinks he might be hearing what sounds like a... "buzzing" noise, now? It's rather faint from what he can tell, somewhere behind the door he previously opened...

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"I claim this ship as mine then! If we can use it on the overslaver and sparky can teleport it far away, this can work wonderfully! I still want it to be mine, if it's not destroyed so that we can call it to go against the overslaver! And we get to researh and look at the tech! This can work!"

Sure. :)

I'd still need your permission to do anything, though. ;)

And even then, I have to see my own benefits in doing such a thing... ;)
"First thought... How does the shield counter the overseer if the core was taken away by Kyurem after Plasma's downfall?"

"Admittedly, I should have specified that I was talking under the assumption we could find a replacement for the core... Calculations without the shield online, assuming a theoretical battle scenario are... Far less optimistic."

Following that little conversation, most of the party is off to do their own thing during downtime... Haley sets to dismantling the pokebots, first, beginning with the big one- She's already finished one of the three heads, and is almost done with the next one... So far managing to retrieve another 200 worth of scrap, and a magmarizer.

Alex meanwhile, collects his ghost pokemon in order to have it tutored during the second slot- That occurring with no issues.

Bjorn finally, confides Luna to look over the healing process, as he's not intent on letting everything slip by... Sadly, the ship is already looted to the point only scraps are left, but the Spark is there to give him the friendly advice he might know about one or two more rooms that had not yet been looted... And so, being pointed in the right direction, he ends up searching through what seems to be a kitchen of sorts... With it's storage area seeming to have been used for a couple more things than just food- There seems to be a whole 6-pack of super repels, still looking as if they'd be fine to use, and three re-usable water filters, and finally 25 feet of sturdy rope. The food's all gone spoiled, though- No saving any of that...

Hopper seems to be making some minor movements in it's sleep... He might wake soon(ish).

(All your pokemon went through healing without issues- So feel free to restore them to full HP, and reduce injuries where appropriate.)

Izzy

"H-hi. Nice to...nice to meet you? I'm Izzy. Sorry about the webs?"

"Why hello Izzy." the 'spider' responds, unnerving Izzy slightly as, whatever is responding as she's still not sure it's the actual spider, given how at one moment it's looking away before snapping back to her as if being reminded it's supposed to look... That whatever is responding, it's not some kind of automated thing- It wouldn't catch her name with no issues...

"I must say, it is a pleasure to meet you, too... And I do accept your apology- But those can only go so far, don't you agree dear..? It takes oh so much effort for my darlings to fix those webs... And they work up quite an appetite during it all."

Somewhere along it's speech, the big spider moves behind Izzy- Making her rather uncomfortable as she can no longer see what it's doing... Well, if it weren't for windsenses, at least- It seems to be doing... Nothing in particular, back there, for now...

"...you know, if you're reaaally struggling to decide what to do, you could always...let me go? Please?"

"Hmm... Well, you did say you're sorry, and you are asking very nicely... I suppose it would be almost rude of me to not send you on your way."

"Still, darling, not even sticking around to chat..? One can only imagine how often someone passes through here... My poor darlings tend to scare away most, after all."

The big spider seems to have moved to right behind Izzy, almost breathing down her neck...

Irene

Irene begins initially searching the book for something about the vase she saw, but finds nothing... It seems the book is only about potions and the likes, and the vase is all but not mentioned... As she gets to simply solving the riddle in question- The book turns out to not be too hard, as she manages to decipher the basic instructions with no problem, and a couple of the "advanced instructions"... Which all seem to just be hints towards helping her pick the right ingredients- Which was sort of necessary, given it was not her forte, helping her pick the right amount of ingredients... Finally, needing to guess a couple of the ingredients, she starts the brewing process by lighting the fire- Which goes easy enough. The process finishing as a slightly murky, brown liquid finally collects in the final collection jar... And she's left wondering what to do with it, as the skeletal figure is more than willing to clarify:

"DRINK."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Irene looks towards the grim readper thing. Drink? Really... I guess I did it right? Irene starts sipping the drink. Face probably scrunching up with every sip waiting for something to happen.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:34 pm

A smile lights up Koa's face as he lays eyes on the Berries. Finally, something he can work with! And a Poffin Mixer, to go with them! He'd never used one himself, but he was familiar with them.

As for the riddle... did it mean that there was some kinda lantern that'd show him Fatale's door? If that's right, that wouldn't be super useful, but who's to say there aren't other hidden doors like it? He'd have to find this fun it was guarded by, whatever that means. In any case, he feels safe in assuming the key to Fatale's door is up ahead... along with whatever that buzzing noise is.

...Tempting as it is to backtrack to the alchemy station to cook something up out of the berries he'd gotten, Koa should probably check out what's up ahead first? He'll Stealthily sneak up on it, hoping for that key!

Intuition and Perception looking for key (if needed):
5d6+4 = [5, 4, 3, 2, 2] = 20
2d6 = [3, 2] = 5

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:07 pm

"We can work out the details of an agreement right now if you want. And we found a way to power it. Maybe we can store it on the ship as well? Or should we hand it to the other group?"

Once she sees Hooper stirring, Haley recalls Rhemularity. "If you think it's best to keep him knocked out, go ahead and do it..." In either case she continues to work on the heads. (Didn't the fire one also spew posion? Shouldn't I get a thing for that as well?) Haley continues to dismantle the head she is currently at and the next head as well.
Tech edu [5d6+1] = 18+1 = 19 tech edu [5d6+1] = 17+1 = 18

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:24 pm

I totally believe that she has done worse, and maybe even deserves to die. My problem is, I'm not so sure I want to be the one to pull the trigger, so to speak. She may be bad, but this would put me on her level, and I don't know if I want to be as bad as she is
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:11 pm

"We probably want Hopper to wake up before Tex, actually, so we can administer the Dubious Disk.
Which reminds me. How do we apply this disk? Do we just... Rub it on him, like an evolution stone, or something?"

One injury healed for spending a session healing at full health, yeah?

Roy, Dusk, Mercury, and Gwen can take another turn in the machine.

When Numa wakes up, if they're not busy dealing with Hopper, Alex settles in near her, "How are you feeling? In regards to the beating and the evolution."
Last edited by Dlover on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:51 pm

((I thought we had two half hour slots, so one to heal fully, then one to heal 1 injury.))
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:25 pm

((I have no idea how the machines work, but Jackie has 2 injuries, Willow has 1, Buttercup has 1, and Big Bird has 2))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm

(So, the pokemon who were in the machine in the first slot were healed to full. In the second time slot, pokemon in the machine would either heal to full or, if already at full health, recover an injury. That's how I thought it worked.)
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:45 pm

((Yup my interpretation too, sorry I misread what you meant initially when asking for another turn in the machine. Were you meaning the second half hour slot, or a new third half hour slot?))
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:34 pm

We've got as long as we want, really, it's just that we went for two at first expecting somebody to wake up after that. Seems like Hopper will wake up during the third, though.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:07 am

As unsettling as it was to have the giant spider behind her, it kinda made things easier, in a way. She could pretend she was talking to the wall, instead of a huge, hungry arachnid.

"Well...what do you want to talk about? You live here, right? Do you get to go out much, or do you prefer to just stay inside all the time?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:19 am

"Yeah, didn't account for special training.."

Drake switches in Champ in Myres stead, hoping he'll stick the rest of the way.

Champ karate chop: 1d20 = 9 2d6+10+19 = 36
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:22 am

Irene

Irene considers for a moment the brew, eventually figuring she must have gotten "close enough" to have her need to drink it, right..? With a shrug, eventually going "bottoms up"- The drink is bitter and yet, somehow, hot, leaving the insides of her mouth numb and tingly as she slowly works the drink down... And then watches the reaper animatronic as it simply seems to judge her silently, before after a short pause speaking up...

"SUFFICIENT."

With that, the door opens, as the reaper also digs in it's coat for something... Pulling out what seems to be another idol!

OBTAINED THE CUBONE IDOL

She's about to move on through the new opened passage, when instead... There's a brief tap on her shoulder- Accompanied by a young male voice.

"Excuse me, miss..?"

Koa

Koa uses his stealth to move ahead, trying to listen intently for where the buzzing noise is coming from, heading in it's vague direction... Exploring the maze on his way. Now he's getting closer to whatever the source might be, it starts seeming more and more that the buzzing is... Electric? There's the occasional louder spark, and it generally sounds like... Well, it's not supposed to sound like that. And then it seems to talk in... What you think is supposed to sound "feminine", but is far too static, and distorted, to really say it still does- Stuttering at first, slowing down, before suddenly speeding up again.

"D- Do do do do dooooooo... Nnnnnnntlookatme!"

Well that's not... Weird. He's not sure if he should continue in the direction of the noises still, or not...

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

"We can work out the details of an agreement right now if you want. And we found a way to power it. Maybe we can store it on the ship as well? Or should we hand it to the other group?"

Most certainly. What, exactly, would you want from me? :)

And what would you offer that interest me, in return? ;)

And... No, you haven't. It'd have been pointed out obviously if that puzzle box you found could be used, wouldn't it? :)

If you unlock it then yes, certainly... But in it's current state, no. :(

If you are going to be using the ship, though... It could potentially be kept on it, yes. Either that, or deliver it to your friends. :)
Haley continues dismantling the heads, managing to dismantle the final two- Doing so, she manages to find an electrilizer and a metal coat, along with 600 worth in electronic scrap that wouldn't be too bothersome to carry.

"We probably want Hopper to wake up before Tex, actually, so we can administer the Dubious Disk.
Which reminds me. How do we apply this disk? Do we just... Rub it on him, like an evolution stone, or something?"

Pretty much, yes. :)

Usually, it'd need to carry it around for a while... :)

But given he's well over evolution minimum... I'd figure it'd ought to work just as an evolution stone! ;)
Following that, though, everyone proceeds to just ignore Hopper and his future waking, even as he's beginning to stir and will literally begin assessing the situation any second... And Alex instead bothers himself over Numa- Who wakes up just a bit earlier. And wasn't supposed to wake up half an hour ago at all.

"How are you feeling? In regards to the beating and the evolution."

"...Ugh. Annoyed. Fucking... Metal things not sleeping... Takes a fucking cheater to finally knock me down..."
► Show Spoiler
Phoenix

"I totally believe that she has done worse, and maybe even deserves to die. My problem is, I'm not so sure I want to be the one to pull the trigger, so to speak. She may be bad, but this would put me on her level, and I don't know if I want to be as bad as she is."

"Hmm. You disappoint me, Phoenix. Maybe you don't have what it takes, after all..."

Somewhere within his haze, it seems Phoenix has managed to make it back down to ground level- He could either continue his previous plans, or...

"So why would you have even come here, knowing full well what was to be expected?"

"If anything, your conditions have only IMPROVED. It will not even be some merciless needless killing. You will have more people raise a glass than you will have people mourn."

"Did you truly come here, if the idea at least does not sound appealing..?"

Izzy

"Well...what do you want to talk about? You live here, right? Do you get to go out much, or do you prefer to just stay inside all the time?"

"Hmm, hmm. I do tend to be quite the stay at home mom, I suppose..." the big spider said, one of it's appendages coming uncomfortably close- One of it's sharp legs soon poking the back of her neck...

"Hmm, hmm... Luckily, I do manage to find things to entertain myself... But oh, I must be boring you darling- Don't worry... I'll make it quick."

And with that, the spider pushes it's leg down and...

Cuts through most of the sticky webbing, as it moves away from her back once more, to her front- Continuing to seem... "disinterested" as it's facing the wall opposite her, rather than directly towards her.

"Well, there you go darling. I suppose you'll be on your way now, hmm, hmm? Ought to go bring in that idol for a nice reward, hmm hmm..."

Drake

"Yeah, didn't account for special training.."

"It is the same training that makes them a bit more brittle in return for an increased focus on hitting their enemy's weak spots. With zero training, my houndour would have still survived the hit... You either overestimated the damage your durant would do, or underestimated the punishing my houndour yet needed to take."

Drake sends out Champ next, allowing the houndour a parting ember for 45(39) damage- Right before Champ manages to knock it out, of course.

His next pokemon is... A sableye.

LIGHT: 1 more turn
Flash uses remaining: 1
Myre(20/16) KO
crowley(19/15) conceded
cullen(19/11) KO
sandile(18/15) recalled
murkrow(16) KO
houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
Champ(9/5) 55/94
Sableye(5)
Darfel(2) recalled

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:32 am

"Good. If you have the energy to be annoyed then you'll be fine, probably. Now," Alex turns back to Hopper and kneels beside it, "Hopper. We've put some consideration into the situation, and we think you may be missing some points regarding the severity of your current job because your emotional capabilities are lacking - emotion is often as significant in making the best decision as logic, after all. As such, for the sake of understanding everything clearly, would you mind evolving if we could provide a Dubious Disc?"

Charm: 22
All 5 dice were sixes and ones, but still worked out well. Sums up my luck pretty well, I think.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 am

Haley looks up at Hopper, "So...Uhhh...How do you feel about evolving?" She continues to tinker with the bot, working on the wings and voltproofed stuff first.

Tech edu [5d6+1] = 20+1 = 21 tech edu [5d6+1] = 19+1 = 20
► Show Spoiler