PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Adrian moves south 2 and south-east 1, then uses Water Pulse on the middle head. If it's already KO'd, then Aqua Tail on the hoppip.

Water Pulse (Middle Head): AC=19, Damage = 29 Confused.
If middle head KO'd before: Aqua Tail (Hoppip 'bot): Ac = 19 as above, damage = 39
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Figuring things are pretty obvious, Irene approaches the mirror... And starts:

"Hello? Are you willing to talk?"

"Hah, figured that out quick, didn't we?"
the reflection starts, suddenly shifting from perfect mimicry to it's own actions...
"It would be foolish of me to ignore the clues"

"Honestly? Not much. That's what we're here to find out, aren't we? Already a lot of good stuff I got, but don't get cocky. For example, I bet you clam yourself to be sacrificial, but really- Once it comes to the test, most people run away."

"Nope, I have too much to live for, until I find my mother I can't just throw me life away. Besides whats the point of being sacrificial? If you sacrifice yourself to save others, what happens the next time they get into danger?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:18 am

Crowley shoots a water pulse at the murkrow as he moves 6 m away from the bird, as Drake urges him on.

Crowley water pulse: 1d20 = 12 2d8+10+26+10 = 57
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:38 am

Koa nods along as Fatale speaks her views on relationships. It was nice to get some down-to-earth advise about the subject, and it made him comfortable enough that when Fatale joked about it again Koa just smiled and waved it off. Koa should've taken Isabella's advice to heart a bit more, she was right about Fatale being a tease.

After that is story time! She shares a tale of an island constantly buffeted by hurricane-force winds that Jack only barely managed to get out of alive, thanks to the timely help and magical intervention of Lugia.

"Wow... and he didn't say anything to you after that? He just dropped you off and left?"

"Mind prison and Diancie..? So you've already been to Othello, I'm guessing? Eh- Tell me about Diancie!"

"Othello... that's the Ghost-gym leader, yeah, in Hantu? Nah, I haven't met him. Why, does this sound like something from around there?"

"Anyway, my story isn't as exciting as all that. Well, what happened just before kinda was, 'cause this was just after we got out of the mind prison."

"It turns out there were still prisoners stuck in it from... it must've been from a few hundred years ago, from the sounds of it. Well one of the prisoners was a priestess of the temple this whole mind prison thing was in - she'd locked herself in there to escape from a big war that was going on at the time. Well when we got out of the prison, she came out with us. The other prisoners that were in there had all died, but she used some kinda magic to keep her body alive until she could come out. She's hundreds of years old, but she's still basically in her 20s!"

"So this priestess, Luna's her name, she's feeling bad because she promised all the other prisoners she'd help them get to the afterlife, but she can't. Her magic wasn't strong enough to free the Spiritomb keeping the mind prison going - the poor guy was just as much a prisoner as the actual prisoners that were stuck inside of him. She said it'd take the power of one of those god-pokemon to break it."

"Which is where Diancie comes in! It turns out Luna was from a time where the god-pokemon were still kinda out in the open for people to talk to, so she knew some of 'em personally. So Luna got in contact with Diancie, and luckily she was near enough that she came on down to the temple the same day! We brought her straight down to the prison, she did some kinda magic thing to break the magic chains keeping the Spiritomb there, and then he was free!"

"I think Luna's on her way to Hantu, actually, to get the prisoners out of the Spiritomb. Or she already did? I'm not sure."

"But yeah, Diancie! I actually cooked for her the next morning, ya'know. She said it wasn't as good as her mom's cooking, Mew, but she seemed to like it. We got along, too, and pretty well I think! I knew she was a Fairy-type pokemon, but it wasn't until I met her that I figured out she was part Rock-type. She even showed me her cool Rock moves! She can, like, compress the rocks she throws down into these crystals, and when she throws them they explode all over. It was really cool, way cooler than any kinda Rock move I can do!"

Koa figures he'd leave out the part where he and Diancie danced together, and the subsequent blessing she bestowed upon him.

"I think the most surprising thing, though, is that... she's just kind-of a normal person? She didn't really act all that godly, she wasn't prim and proper and old-timey, or anything like you'd expect from someone that's lived forever. You wouldn't be able to tell her apart from anyone else."

"...Those Godslayer guys have 'em scared, ya'know. Having a big mystery organization announce that they plan to hunt you down and murder you? It's... it's sick. And it doesn't seem like the League's gonna do anything about it."

Koa shakes his head to clear his souring mood. "So, any other cool stories? And, uh, you mind if I take a look around? This is like a puzzle room or something, right?" If she's cool with it, he'll get up off the bed and give the room a closer inspection.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:51 pm

"I'm not you, stupid. Well... I kinda am, but we're... Different in some respects. I don't know what's the same, and what's different- That's why I'm asking all the questions!"

"Ugh, never mind all that... Let's just move on. You want to earn that idol, right? Well, you claim you'd sacrifice yourself if it means saving some other people... But personally, I kind of doubt it- People always say that, but when the moment comes..."

"So... Would you like to prove it?"

Thinking back to a certain portal, Izzy can't help but grin. The reflection definitely didn't have her memories or anything, then. Otherwise it would know what a stupid question that was.

"Sure, why not. I mean, I already did it once. Kinda."

"So, what have you got in mind?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:00 pm

Irene

"It would be foolish of me to ignore the clues"

"Yeah, fair- That lantern does make things a whole lot easier, doesn't it? Found any of the secrets with it yet..?"

"Nope, I have too much to live for, until I find my mother I can't just throw me life away. Besides whats the point of being sacrificial? If you sacrifice yourself to save others, what happens the next time they get into danger?"

"So, what you're saying is you were lying when you filled in that little test..? Well, whatever- We're gonna put it to the test regardless... Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to literally sacrifice yourself- At least not in the way you're implying."

Mirror Irene smiles with a wicked grin that Irene isn't sure she herself could pull off, before reaching for something on the sides of the mirror, for her out of view... And with the rustling of chains, pulls out... Another person- Secured to some kind of harness, gagged, and being dragged around on some kind of contraption on the ceiling through the use of a heavy metal chain... The young trainer looking at Irene with some form of panic in his eyes, seeming to try and say something, but finding his cries muffled.

"So here's the deal. You can save this guy..."

"If you take his place."

"And then, you will be stuck here... Right up until someone else arrives, and agrees to replace you."

"Oh, and don't worry- You're not going to worry anyone about going missing... I'll simply replace you for a little while. I'll even be gracious enough to take that little idol back there with me and use it to help me win that challenge you care so much about. But once that's done... Well, I'm not sure- Probably going to have some fun while I can..."

Drake

Drake shoots a water pulse before shifting away, but can't actually outrun the bird, already being against the walls against a bird that seems faster than usual... Still dealing a lot of damage as it retaliates for 56(49) damage, knocking him out!

Flash uses remaining: 2
crowley(19/15) +2 ATT, 1/62
sandile(18/15) recalled
murkrow(16) badly injured
houndour(15) recalled
Mightyena(14) KO
Darfel(2) recalled

Koa

"Wow... and he didn't say anything to you after that? He just dropped you off and left?"

"I mean, no, but the rest of the story is boring- We mostly just talked for a little while, and he eventually turned back to human form... Did some kind of healing magic on Jack, too. Just seemed generally bothered by our carelessness, but seemed to recognize Jack was just a stupid kid, not someone inherently evil or anything of the likes... We agreed to not try and go deeper in the island and get killed again, and he in return showed us some caves nearer to the shores where we could find that deino. He also made us promise to not tell about him, but, well, this has been over a literal decade ago by now... And I trust you to not tattle to anyone that would actually use this kind of information for evil, or something like that."

"Othello... that's the Ghost-gym leader, yeah, in Hantu? Nah, I haven't met him. Why, does this sound like something from around there?"

"Wait... Are you saying you found some kind of mind prison thing that wasn't in his gym..? Now I'm not sure if I want to hear about Diancie anymore... Anyways, though, like Othello's gym just looks like... This pretty basic church at first, but if you trigger some kind of ritual, you get dragged into a whole other world..! It's pretty unbelievable- The whole place basically turns into a building the size of a city, and there's rooms that are just like, an ocean and stuff like that... And pokemon can talk in there! Oh, and, if you don't watch what door you go through, you might end up in a room with a dangerous maniac. I guess there's that too. I've always heard it was supposed to be some kind of prison with some people who've been in there for literal centuries, but we stayed clear of that mostly when we visited... I guess you'll be seeing it too- Othello's challenge involves going in there."

Following that, Fatale listens to Koa's story, nodding a couple times, and seeming really disappointed she didn't pick the other story...

"I think the most surprising thing, though, is that... she's just kind-of a normal person? She didn't really act all that godly, she wasn't prim and proper and old-timey, or anything like you'd expect from someone that's lived forever. You wouldn't be able to tell her apart from anyone else."

"Well... I think the different gods all just kinda... Took different methods of dealing with, well, being "irrelevant"?" she says, doing literal quotation marks in the air- "I can tell you for a fact that some gods weren't happy with just being ordinary, and they're actually well known in certain circles... Most people just don't know what they really are. Hey, I never said that Lugia is the only god we got to meett... But yeah, I'm sure that there's a lot who are just, well... Happy to stay in the shadows, yeah? For all you know, you've already met one of them before, and just had no idea..."

"...Those Godslayer guys have 'em scared, ya'know. Having a big mystery organization announce that they plan to hunt you down and murder you? It's... it's sick. And it doesn't seem like the League's gonna do anything about it."

"The top brass..? Yeah, no. Jack likes to exaggerate about them a lot in my opinion, but even I realize that the top isn't gonna lift a finger if it doesn't benefit them."

"Jack, though? And Othello, Eliza, pretty much any gym leader..? We've all got our own stories to tell- Let's just say it's a safe bet that if there's something we can do, we will..."

"So, any other cool stories? And, uh, you mind if I take a look around? This is like a puzzle room or something, right?"

"Well, like I said, if I was really to tell you every story I have, we'd probably be here for the day... And we probably shouldn't keep Jack waiting that long, if you get what I'm saying." she says, pausing for a bit as she seems to be considering what other cool stories she might have... Eventually seeming to bite her lower lip as she thinks of... Something.

"Well... Okay, there's one story I should probably tell you. It's... The kind of story about something you are probably going to find out sooner or later, and if you do... Well, I'd rather that it'd be me telling you the story, than someone or something else."

"Anyways, sure, look around... You're not gonna find anything you can use unless you solve some stuff you'd need to solve to enter this room in the first place, anyways. Do you mind if you're next in telling a story? I'm fine if you talk about that mind prison- I need a moment to think about where to start mine proper..."

Izzy

"Sure, why not. I mean, I already did it once. Kinda."

"So, what have you got in mind?"

"Oh, something very simple..."
the other Izzy says, simply moving off to the side, seeming to rattle with some kind of chain outside of her vision... Soon dragging something over attached to the ceiling by some kind of rail- Izzy only ending up "lightly" shocked when it turns out that thing is a person! Secured in some kind of contraption, and gagged, the person in question was trying to struggle against their bonds, as the person was... Irene?! She's struggling and trying to say something, but nothing is going through that gag...

"Here's the offer. You can save this person... If you replace her. And then you'll be the one stuck... Right up until someone else comes in this place, and sacrifices themselves for you."

"Oh, but don't worry about going missing- I'll simply replace you for a while! I'll even be generous enough to take that idol behind me with me, and I'll use it to help win the gym battle you care so much about! Then... I'm probably just going to have some fun."
the other Izzy says, wicked grin quite apparent.

"So. Will you do it?"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:07 pm

Phoenix carefully starts climbing down, looking where he could most sneakily climb back in.

So basically, we better be sure she's dead by the end of the day, and nobody can connect us to it, or basically we're as good as dead? Well alright then. Another fun layer of danger to this plot of yours. I'm starting to have second thoughts.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:35 pm

"So, what you're saying is you were lying when you filled in that little test..? Well, whatever- We're gonna put it to the test regardless... Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to literally sacrifice yourself- At least not in the way you're implying."

Well yeah, surpringly enough flowers and well lit hallways don't actually scare me. As for everything else, I was truthfull, but the meaning of words and context of situations change with people.
Guess even if you reflect me, you can't reflect my heart.

"So here's the deal. You can save this guy..."

"If you take his place."

"And then, you will be stuck here... Right up until someone else arrives, and agrees to replace you."

"Oh, and don't worry- You're not going to worry anyone about going missing... I'll simply replace you for a little while. I'll even be gracious enough to take that little idol back there with me and use it to help me win that challenge you care so much about. But once that's done... Well, I'm not sure- Probably going to have some fun while I can..."

Irene steps back seeing the man chained up like that. "How long has he been in there?" After hearing her responce Irene shudders, for any length of time sounds horrid. Well if I take his place, I would like to hear some things first. One it's not enough to win, my friends work hard... the reason I haven't ran out of here yet is because they deserve any little advantage I can give them,
so please don't hurt them in order to win. Their health does matter to me even if it means losing. Two, you can have your fun, but my mother is still out there... would you at least look for leads, and let me know what you find when I get out? I know I sound presumptuous... but I do care about both of them ok? Thing is I might be making the sacrifice, but I also have the power to walk away, which means you get no fun...

if she agrees

Thank you, I know you have no obligation to do anything you say once you leave the mirror, but it's still reassuring. He trusted that someone would help him out, and so I want to repay that trust,
and I even get to help my pokemon with it a win win situation right?
Irene laughs weakly. "So what do I have to do? put my hand on the mirror?"

if she doesn't agree

Well that's too bad... Hey guy, I'll get you out, so just consider me a friend for a bit ok? After letting her words rest for a little bit, Irene attempts to use ally switch with the guy chained up.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:39 am

Pyre refocuses her rage from one head to another, attacking the remaining middle head with another spray of embers.

Pyre Ember v middle head: 1D20 = [1] = 1
2D6+8+14 = [2, 2]+8+14 = 26

Bahaha the exact opposite roll to the last attack!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:33 am

Drake recalls Crowley right after it parries the attack (Mostly for fluff and an injury less, guess it counts as conceding it rather than it getting knocked out) and lets out Cullen, the vanillish in his stead. It will attack with an icy wind if the Murkrow sticks around. Drake will also cheer it on so it have +8 initiative in total.

Cullen icy wind: 1d20 = 5 2d8+10+20 = 45
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 am

"Jack, though? And Othello, Eliza, pretty much any gym leader..? We've all got our own stories to tell- Let's just say it's a safe bet that if there's something we can do, we will..."

"That's great to hear! I've been wanting to talk to you and Jack about some stuff, actually. We should probably give Matsudo a call, too. Things have gotten pretty heavy recently...."

"Well... Okay, there's one story I should probably tell you. It's... The kind of story about something you are probably going to find out sooner or later, and if you do... Well, I'd rather that it'd be me telling you the story, than someone or something else."

"Anyways, sure, look around... You're not gonna find anything you can use unless you solve some stuff you'd need to solve to enter this room in the first place, anyways. Do you mind if you're next in telling a story? I'm fine if you talk about that mind prison- I need a moment to think about where to start mine proper..."

"Well now I'm not sure if the mind prison story's anything you haven't heard before - it's pretty much exactly what you said the Hantu gym's like, right down to the psycho we walked in on that tried to kill us."

Koa goes on to regale Fatale about his brief stint in Charon's prison. How the group entered this darker-than-dark room where not even light could shine, how they woke up in a black-and-white countryside, how they traveled through a cottage doorway magically leading into a mansion courtyard, how the mansion owner tried to trick them into thinking he'd cooked the group's missing pokemon for them to eat, the fight with the monstrous shrubbery and the group's escape through a self-made hatchway into an open ocean, the meeting with Mulliver, Luna, and Marquise, "I think you would've liked her," and finally Koa gets to the final confrontation!

"Well that cannibal guy saw through it," Koa continues, in reference to the plan to have Mulliver trick Cannibal Guy (Koa forgot his name) into thinking the group got captured, to lure him out of his own world where he'd be virtually unbeatable, "but I guess he was cocky enough to think he could stay there and take us all on anyway. That's when he started to get bigger, and he grew demon horns and everything! He kept the door behind him open, and it started dumping, like, ghosts or something from his world into the one we were in to help him. I think they were people the guy remembered or something, and they weren't real? I dunno, but things started to get pretty rough. I had to jump in front of his sword once or twice to keep him off the rest of us."

"Eventually we all decided to just beat the guy down, thinking that'd make all the other stuff disappear and, well, it did! After that the Spiritomb came in, we all convinced him to let us go, we all woke up along with Luna, and you know the rest of what happened after that."

All the while, Koa's poking around the room, poking around in drawers, checking out the broken mirror, and so on. Fatale said that whatever was supposed to be in here wouldn't appear until he figured out the puzzle of getting into the room properly, but he figured he'd still check. If nothing else, he'll know what's different about the room when/if he eventually finds it again.

"I've got better stories than that, even, but... well with all this Godslayer stuff going on, I dunno if I should spill the beans on any of it. It's got a lot to do with what I wanna talk to you and Jack about."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The massive bot disengages southward, before discharging upon big bird- Dealing 30(36) damage to it!

Pyre tries to burn the middle head, but misses.

The burned zoroark dashes up to the hoppip bot, intent on finally taking it out- As it turns out this robot must be some kind of ninja, and he misses completely, again.

Big bird finally hits something, though, if only because it's pretty hard to miss an unmissable move- The bot takes some damage, seeming a bit more durable than the other heads were...

Adrian moves as close as he can, then hits the middle head with a water pulse- Further destroying it, but far from bringing it down.

The one remaining hoppip bot continues to be a PITA- Shooting at the zoroark that attacked it, and knocking it out!

Luna meanwhile, finally meets a target she can use some of her better abilities upon- Blowing the porygon2 a sweet kiss, as it soon drifts off to sleep... Her chansey meanwhile tries to take down the middle head, but whiffs as many others before it.

Haley applies a super potion to willow.

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(30/25) KO
Middle head(24/20) +1 SPD injured
Pyre(22/18)
Numa(21) KO
zoroark 1(20) KO
zoroark 2(20) KO
Big bird(15) 47/80
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) KO
Adrian(16/14)
Jackie(15) ko
5 Hoppip-bots(15) #1,2,3,4 KO
Bjorn(14) -11/37
Tank(14/10) recalled
1 voltorb bot(13/11) KO
Luna(12) heavily injured
2 voltorb bots(11) #1 KO #2 KO
Bellatrix(chansey)(11) injured
Haley(10) 31/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) KO
Alex(6) -11/52
Left head(6/5) KO
Hopper-bot(5/7) KO
Willow(4) recalled
Hopper(4/6) injured, paralyzed, asleep
Dusk(3) 32/67, frozen
Cushion(2)
High-powered fan pad(S) heavily injured
Volt-proofed tail(S) heavily injured
Heatproofed wings(S) KO
Heavy-Duty plated armor(S) KO

Phoenix

"So basically, we better be sure she's dead by the end of the day, and nobody can connect us to it, or basically we're as good as dead? Well alright then. Another fun layer of danger to this plot of yours. I'm starting to have second thoughts."

"We are dealing with the kind of person whose position allows her to stand above all consequences. But it is a necessity- When this course of action might eventually lead to YOU being that kind of person."

Phoenix starts climbing down, slowly...

(Give me an acrobatics or athletics roll, and a perception roll.)

Irene

Well yeah, surpringly enough flowers and well lit hallways don't actually scare me. As for everything else, I was truthfull, but the meaning of words and context of situations change with people.
Guess even if you reflect me, you can't reflect my heart.

"Hmph. In that case, I am certain my next question will be mostly a formality..."

"How long has he been in there?"

"This one? It's off season... Not many trainers coming through. 23 days."

Well if I take his place, I would like to hear some things first. One it's not enough to win, my friends work hard... the reason I haven't ran out of here yet is because they deserve any little advantage I can give them,
so please don't hurt them in order to win. Their health does matter to me even if it means losing. Two, you can have your fun, but my mother is still out there... would you at least look for leads, and let me know what you find when I get out? I know I sound presumptuous... but I do care about both of them ok? Thing is I might be making the sacrifice, but I also have the power to walk away, which means you get no fun...

"Ugh, don't worry about your pokemon- I'm not going to hurt them any more than you would. As for your mom, you probably won't be sticking around as long as this guy- There's not going to be enough time for me to find out anything, even if I'd want to."

"So, is it agreed..?"

Irene considers whether or not to give her final approval... Considering just trying to use ally switch on the one guy- But her psychic powers don't seem to be touching him, as the mirror is presumably blocking it..?

Drake

Drake blocks the attack to prevent from getting hurt too badly, before conceding it with Jack's approval... As Jack decides to keep in the murkrow, not intent on switching out to save a mon on low HP, and not one for conceding... As Cullen's icy wind misses, and Jack makes use of it to have the murkrow hit with a wing attack for 61(51) damage!

"I actually far prefer a murkrow over it's evolution... Weird power is one hell of a hard hitter, isn't it?"

Flash uses remaining: 2
crowley(19/15) conceded
cullen(19/11) 16/60
sandile(18/15) recalled
murkrow(16) badly injured
houndour(15) recalled
Mightyena(14) KO
Darfel(2) recalled

Koa

"That's great to hear! I've been wanting to talk to you and Jack about some stuff, actually. We should probably give Matsudo a call, too. Things have gotten pretty heavy recently...."

"Sure. You certain about Matsudo, though..? I mean, not that I'm not thinking the elite four doesn't have good intentions, but they are a whole lot closer to the top brass than us..."

Following that, Koa tells the story of the actual prison, and his battle against Isaac Belze... Except he called him "cannibal guy", since he'd already forgotten the man's name- And given what little motivations the madman held, he might just as well. Meanwhile, he searches through the room for anything of interest... All of the masks seem bolted on, and nothing seemed to indicate them being some kind of puzzle, as an otherwise quick search fails to reveal anything of interest... Except one thing, in one of the drawers as it finally gives out to his demand to pull it open: And old VHS cassette... "#1" clearly written on the tape with bright red ink.

Obtained mystery cassette #1

"Man, that... Sounds like something entirely different than what we had, though- All of these "prisoners" I talked about pretty much were locked up... They couldn't like, try to escape to start haunting others like happened with you. I'm not sure if there even is like a "spiritomb" or something controlling that place? Anyways- You'd probably best ask Othello about it. I'll be honest in that I didn't pick up much of how it all worked..."

"I've got better stories than that, even, but... well with all this Godslayer stuff going on, I dunno if I should spill the beans on any of it. It's got a lot to do with what I wanna talk to you and Jack about."

"You know, after literally telling me you've met a god and broken into that temple we couldn't enter, I'm surprised to hear you mention there's stuff you don't feel okay with sharing. I'd say I can keep a secret if I have to, but hey, I understand- If you think it's best, I'll trust you on it. There's a couple stories I won't be telling, either."

"Anyways, my turn... It's the story of how me and Jack met, and the basic gist of what our journey entailed..."

"I was... A rather rebellious kid, when I was still young. It ran in the family, sort of speaking. So one day, I ran out of the house, intent on exploring the woods... And I saw some cute little charmanders playing with their mother, and decided I wanted to join- Which went fine, until the momma realized I was there... And soon had me chased off. I ran for it, and would probably have become toast... If it weren't for Jack."

"He must have heard the commotion, and came to investigate- And when seeing me, decided to try and intervene. He eventually managed to fend off the beast, and in turn brought me with him on his travels... Initially, I did try to say that I had something to go back to- But he wasn't listening..."
Fatale says, seeming oddly calm about what very much sounds like "kidnapping"...

"So, I began travelling with him. At first, it was a bit reluctantly- When I had started that day, it had been with no intention of joining anyone, and now found myself forced... And Jack was not someone that appeared nice on first contact. Quite the opposite- He was harsh, brutal... Demanding the very best of anyone that traveled with him, myself included. To be the very best at any cost... It did take a long time for me to realize that he didn't do it just for himself-
He wanted to secure something good for everyone that traveled with him. He was just terrible at showing it... Unless given no choice, that is. There was once a day that I just... Kind of cracked, bawling non-stop. That's the first time I'd seen him expose his softer side as he tried to make things up to me... And I did see a change in his behavior from that point. He continued being a taskmaster of sorts, but was now making sure it came out of a position of mutual respect- That his pokemon were just as ok with being pushed as far as he pushed himself."

"Then, one day... There was a big accident. To spare you the details, his original starter pokemon died. For once, I would have said it was not his fault, but that didn't mean he was going to stop blaming himself for it. So... I helped him get over it. He needed someone, and I decided it might as well be me. It was hard to properly convey what I wanted to say, but I comforted him to my best abilities... And we did end up growing rather close because of it. I'd like to claim he didn't end up giving me preferential treatment, but that'd be a lie."

"Anyways... With such event, some of his fire died. Heard several gym leaders claim that if it hadn't been for that, he'd probably have been elite four material. Doubt it myself, honestly- It seems the elite four are who they are mostly because they're such booky types, not because they're most qualified... Although if keeping up to code is part of the requirements, I suppose they actually are."

"Anyways... While it was never initially planned, I'd lie to say that I hadn't enjoyed my travelling with Jack. And to see where we finally ended up... And to be completely honest, I can't really blame him for taking me with him that day."

"After all, when he captured me, I was only a little zorua- The thought of ever being able to properly mimic speech not even having crossed my imagination..."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:55 pm

If middle head is up: big bird slashes middle head
If middle head is down: cushion leech seeds hopper
Ac [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16 slash dmg [2d10+26] = 2+26 = 28

Of course min dmg.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Water Pulse (Middle Head): AC=5 (4+1(Focused Training Training), Damage=34
I can't AP boost that with Alex KO'd, can I? I'm pretty sure I'm missing by 1, unless it has more SDef than Spd. -.-

Also. If the head somehow gets KO'd before Adrian's turn, change to Aqua Tail on the hoppip.
Still AC=5, Damage=42

Just in case Synch doesn't get a chance to post before the next update, I'd suggest another attempt to burninate the head.
Last edited by Dlover on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Haley will use her ap to boost it if Alex can't.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:46 pm

"Sure. You certain about Matsudo, though..? I mean, not that I'm not thinking the elite four doesn't have good intentions, but they are a whole lot closer to the top brass than us..."

"I think so, but I'll check with the rest of the group, see if they're OK with it."

Meanwhile, Koa pockets the mystery cassette. That must mean there's a cassette player around here somewhere, right? He'll have to keep an eye out for that. He checks under the bed, just in case.

After that is when Fatale shares the more intimate and emotional history between her and Jack. Then she drops this bomb-

"After all, when he captured me, I was only a little zorua- The thought of ever being able to properly mimic speech not even having crossed my imagination..."

Koa stops in his tracks at that, and he lifts his head over the edge of the bed to look at her. "Really?" He asks, looking her up and down. He catches himself, his face reflexively warming at 'checking her out', but he double catches himself, remembering that apparently that's not actually her body. "Wow, that's... I guess I'm surprised you felt like sharing all that with me. Is there a reason for that?"

"And would it surprise you if I said you're not the first Zor-something I've met that can talk like a human? I don't suppose that Darkrai guy gave you a blessing, too, huh?"
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:55 pm

Irene looks around, and sighs you know, for my last look of freedom for a while you could have left me with a better looking room... so what do I have to do to? and can you at least let him talk, I've already made up my mind. Irene walks over to the mirror, sort of awkwardly holding out her hand. "This feels like I'm walking into spiritomb's prison again actually..."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:02 am

Pyre remains fixated on that middle head, a constant wave of Embers spraying at it.

Pyre Ember v middle head: 1D20 = [15] = 15
2D6+8+14 = [3, 1]+8+14 = 26
(Super effective!)
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:17 am

"...okay, I'll do it."

Izzy barely even hesitates. Partly because she doesn't fully believe mirror-Izzy is telling the truth. Chances are this was just more mind-fuckery designed to freak her out, like the fake-Koa screaming, or the "brew of the dead". But, if this was the truth, then she really only had one option. Leaving someone trapped in here, for Arceus-knew how long.....she just couldn't do it.

The fact that she knew the person in question, that they were a friend, was just a bonus. Besides, Irene would do the same for her...right?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The middle head shoots a beam of energy to Luna, doing some damage.

Pyre continues shooting at the middle head- It continues being relatively a lot more tanky than the other heads were. Not going to last forever, though... Big Bird adds some extra damage on to the pile, and so does Adrian (using an AP point) It's finally starting to look a bit rough...

The hoppip bot fires at Adrian for 27(16) damage.

Luna moves up, and blasts the robot with another dazzling gleam, as it hits and even finally breaks the two final protective pieces... But not the head. How tough is it?! Bellatrix confuses Hopper... Who wakes up not much later!

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(30/25) KO
Middle head(24/20) +1 SPD badly injured
Pyre(22/18)
Numa(21) KO
zoroark 1(20) KO
zoroark 2(20) KO
Big bird(15) 47/80
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) KO
Adrian(16/14) 50/66
Jackie(15) ko
Bjorn(14) -11/37
Tank(14/10) recalled
1 voltorb bot(13/11) KO
Luna(12) badly injured
Haley(10) 31/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) KO
Alex(6) -11/52
Left head(6/5) KO
Hopper-bot(5/7) KO
Willow(4) recalled
Hopper(4/6) injured, paralyzed, confused
Dusk(3) 32/67, frozen
Cushion(2)
High-powered fan pad(S) KO
Volt-proofed tail(S) KO
Heatproofed wings(S) KO

Koa

Koa listens intently, while looking under the bed looking for anything but dust bunnies... But only finds the latter, while listening to Fatale's story- Seeming rather surprised as he comes popping back up on the "big reveal", asking her to confirm while "checking her out"... Soon catching himself in the act with a blush, and the girl can't help but giggle.

"Haha, I suppose it's okay- I mean, when you can look however you want, obviously you're not going to make yourself look ugly, right? Ehehe, even used to be a time I was a little bit... Riskier, but apparently there's such a thing as just being almost indecent."

"Wow, that's... I guess I'm surprised you felt like sharing all that with me. Is there a reason for that?"

"Well... I promised a story, so I gave you one. As for why in that particular form and why that particular one... Well, for the form, I just wanted to play one last trick... And as for the why that particular one, it's because like I said, you'd probably be finding out about it sooner or later. It's a bit of an open secret here in Murkoff- Someone would probably blabber their mouth to you without realizing you didn't know yet, if I hadn't told you. So, it kind of feels like something I'd ought to tell you in person."

"At the very least, if you would end up being one of the people who suddenly stopped talking to me, at least I could have gotten in your face about the why."

"And would it surprise you if I said you're not the first Zor-something I've met that can talk like a human? I don't suppose that Darkrai guy gave you a blessing, too, huh?"

"Well, I wouldn't be terribly surprised, as it'd not be the first time one of my kind can speak, so to say... Although, blessed by Darkrai? Is that a thing he does, now..? Now I feel duped..."

"But no, not completely surprised, besides maybe the reason why... Even if it's very rare for one of my kind to pull it of as neatly as I can, it's not unheard of. Even for me though, it took literal years of practicing, and even then most people could tell something was fishy. Most probably assumed I had some kind of speech defect or something like that... It wasn't until I learned to read and pulse aura that I could do it smoothly. I guess it's less that I use my illusions to speak, and more that I'm using them to disguise I'm using aura pulse- If you know what that means."

► Show Spoiler
Irene

"You know, for my last look of freedom for a while you could have left me with a better looking room... so what do I have to do to? and can you at least let him talk, I've already made up my mind."

"Nah. He'll be free the moment you're in his place. Now then- As you've agreed... Here we go."

With a last grin of her alter ego, Irene's flashlight starts to flicker... And soon extinguishes completely. The room is covered in complete darkness, as there does seem to be an odd... Sensation. Like some kind of pressure in the room, and what sounds like howling... As slowly, her flashlight once again begins to flicker and burn.

Looking at where once was her reflection, as well as the idol, now she sees nothing but of what remains otherwise in the room... Which now included the harness she had seen holding the person to her left- And turning around, the idol pedestal.

Izzy

"...okay, I'll do it."

"Wow, that quickly huh? At least this one was at least smart enough to ask some questions first- But hey... As you will, it'll be done."

The reflection gives Izzy a final creepy grin and a slight head tilt, as she becomes aware her flashlight is beginning to fail- And soon dies completely, as she gets to rely only on her wind sense to scan the room... Something definitely odd seeming to happen, as it feels like... The air pressure in the room is increasing? And there is an odd sound coming from somewhere, but her wind senses seem to catch only some movement on the ceilings before her torch slowly starts flickering back to life... When it does, the mirror no longer hold her reflection, nor that of the idol of Irene... Instead, when looking to her left she's met with the structure that she was previously hanging on- And behind her, the pedestal with the idol...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:21 pm

If middle head still up: use arieal ace on it, If middle head is down: leech seed hopper.

Areal Ace crit check (+2 to ac if leech seed) [1d20] = 7 [2d8+26] = 13+26 = 39

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:23 pm

If the middle head's still up on Adrian's turn, he hits it with a Water Pulse. Otherwise, he hits the hoppip with an Aqua Tail.

AC = 11
Water Pulse (Middle head): Damage = 35
[If head KO'd]: Aqua Tail (Hoppip bot): Damage = 45
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:44 pm

"At the very least, if you would end up being one of the people who suddenly stopped talking to me, at least I could have gotten in your face about the why."

"I... never thought about that. Do pokemon have it rough living like humans do? Those god-pokemon don't let anybody know about 'em, so they don't gotta worry about people treating them different. I'm guessing that's different for you, yeah?"

"It doesn't bother me any, either way. Every pokemon I've seen that can make themselves look human all acted like people, so you're all just people to me," Koa says with a shrug.

"Well, I wouldn't be terribly surprised, as it'd not be the first time one of my kind can speak, so to say... Although, blessed by Darkrai? Is that a thing he does, now..? Now I feel duped..."

"Yeah, but she's kinda self-conscious about it," Koa says, severely understating Numa's disposition. "Like people only respect her for His power, rather than hers. I can probably put you and Jack in contact with her, if you want? She's not... the most charming person, but she might open up to you guys."

"It wasn't until I learned to read and pulse aura that I could do it smoothly. I guess it's less that I use my illusions to speak, and more that I'm using them to disguise I'm using aura pulse- If you know what that means."

"Um... no, can't say that I do. Is that some kinda power, like how you see in the dark?"

Standing up and brushing himself off, Koa gives one more glance around the room before looking to Fatale. "You mind if we go back in the maze, by the way? I was gonna see if that lever opened this door or not."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:46 pm

"...well, alright then."

Focusing her wind senses on the ceiling, she tries to figure out what changed. As it was, she saw two possibilities. Either this was another trick to freak her out, and they'd just dropped the chains in while it was dark. Or she was now in some crazy mirror dimension.

Either way, no reason to just hang around and second guess her choices. Not at this point, anyway. Walking over to the idol she grabs it, then heads towards the corridor she didn't come from. Actually....if this was a mirror world, wouldn't everything be reflected? Was the corridor with the locked door still in the same place, or had they swapped over now?

Perception: 17
Intuition: 7

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Alex, haley, Bjorn

The middle head discharges again- Hitting Big Bird and Bellatrix in the blast, as it deals 40(56) damage to Big bird- Knocking him out! Bellatrix also takes some damage, but continues being tanky.

Pyre meanwhile burns the middle head again- Continuing to wittle it down..

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(30/25) KO
Middle head(24/20) +1 SPD badly injured
Pyre(22/18)
Numa(21) KO
zoroark 1(20) KO
zoroark 2(20) KO
Big bird(15) KO <==
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) KO
Adrian(16/14) 50/66
Jackie(15) ko
Bjorn(14) -11/37
Tank(14/10) recalled
1 voltorb bot(13/11) KO
Luna(12) badly injured
Haley(10) 31/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) KO
Alex(6) -11/52
Left head(6/5) KO
Hopper-bot(5/7) KO
Willow(4) recalled
Hopper(4/6) injured, paralyzed, confused
Dusk(3) 32/67, frozen
Cushion(2)
High-powered fan pad(S) KO
Volt-proofed tail(S) KO
Heatproofed wings(S) KO
► Show Spoiler
Koa

"I... never thought about that. Do pokemon have it rough living like humans do? Those god-pokemon don't let anybody know about 'em, so they don't gotta worry about people treating them different. I'm guessing that's different for you, yeah?"

"Well, yeah. Whatever magic they use, they turn into actual humans, for all intents and purposes. I don't quite have that luxury. I might look and sound real, but if you were to touch me... Well, you'd probably discover I'm a lot more hairy than you like on your girls. Heh."

"I'm not sure if it's an actual issue, though? If only because on the top of my head, I can only think of two pokemon that could pull off passing as a human... And one of them is my kind, and the other is a low sentient pink blob. Even then, I'm not sure if that's something we want. I mean, maybe some of those smart psychic types would like to set up something similar, and my kind does tend to form packs, but... Eh. The truth is I just made this persona of mine because it's easier, on so many different fronts. Among which playing the occasional prank- If you only see some real action like, once a year, you gotta find something to do, right?"
Fatale says, grinning, before seeming a bit more contemplative as she continues.

"As for me personally... Well, I've definitely met a couple people who saw me as "sub-human" once they found out. Most just don't seem to know how to react or what to do- A couple seem scared talking to a literal potential slaughter machine... And another couple people think it's super cool, so that's nice. Personally, I've not let it bother me- Here in Murkoff at least, most people know who I am, and those who don't like me... Well, not like they're going to be trying to stop me."

"It doesn't bother me any, either way. Every pokemon I've seen that can make themselves look human all acted like people, so you're all just people to me,"

"Heh, yeah, I figured. You're alright, Koa- All the more reason to tell you in person."

"Yeah, but she's kinda self-conscious about it. Like people only respect her for His power, rather than hers. I can probably put you and Jack in contact with her, if you want? She's not... the most charming person, but she might open up to you guys."

"Hmm... Sure, if you think it'd be useful for either us or her. But we can deal with that once we're out of here."

"Um... no, can't say that I do. Is that some kinda power, like how you see in the dark?"

"Yeah, pretty much. You know what an aura is, right? Aura reader just means you can read it of someone, while aura pulse means you can use it to... Communicate, pretty much."

"Like this, see?"
Fatale "speaks", for once not seeming to try and disguise it as her mouth doesn't even move, and Koa instead becomes aware that it seems more like... Not exactly a voice in the back of his head like that of a psychic, but something that talks from within regardless.

"You mind if we go back in the maze, by the way? I was gonna see if that lever opened this door or not."

"Sure- We should probably get moving again, anyways... Not planning on staying here forever, right?"

(You know what to roll...)

Izzy

Izzy wonders about just what happened, beginning to examine the room... There were only two real options- It was either another trick, or she was dropped in some kind of mirror dimension... But the only thing that seems to have changed are the chains and the accompanying contraption, and the idol plinth having appeared from nowhere- Otherwise, it seems like the exits are still where they were originally... So it can't be a mirror world, right? ...Right?!

Well, whatever- Grabbing the idol and not questioning it much further, she soon continues on, the continuing path not going much further, and no longer splitting, before coming on a four-way split. Ahead and to her right, the path curves out of her sight, leaving her unable to see what it might hide... While to her left, there is a soft red glow- The "EXIT" sign burning above a door.

OBTAINED THE KECLEON IDOL