Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:15 am

Ah, good spot. So I guess it's up to Mort whether we can retroactively say Koa gave them to Phoenix? Since Koa hasn't used them since leaving Isosceles.

((If not, I'll take them. The +Jump is kinda wasted on me, but the +2 Movement doesn't specify Overland, so might apply to my Levitate/Sky speeds....? :paranoia: ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 am

Bad dusk :P

I made some draphs of some grass altered pokemon I am thinking of. Aquarid was the hardest to come up with without destroying it's looks compleatly so it still looks somewhat like a bug.
► Show Spoiler
TOP LEFT: Dewpider, Bottom Left: Aquarid, Top right: Minor, Bottom Middle: Steelix, bottom right: slugma

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:16 am

Yeah, shoe, head, and just clothing items should be fine. A helmet might earn some odd looks, but unless it's a lamp hat, probably fine. :roll:

And I'm fine with giving it to Phoenix retroactively, if you guys want to. Assuming it hadn't already happened, and Sam forgot to update his sheet again... :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:04 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Yeah, shoe, head, and just clothing items should be fine. A helmet might earn some odd looks, but unless it's a lamp hat, probably fine. :roll:

And I'm fine with giving it to Phoenix retroactively, if you guys want to. Assuming it hadn't already happened, and Sam forgot to update his sheet again... :roll:
I'm just picturing someone taping a lightbulb to their head :lol:

But yeah, last time the boots got mentioned was when we picked them up in the Temple. The consensus at the time was to give them to Phoenix, except by the time we got back to Isosceles everyone had kinda forgotten about them....

(Btw, any feedback on my Bouncing Ferroseed idea? I'm thinking I might Type sync her after the gym, or the next morning.)
Arch Lich Burns wrote: I made some draphs of some grass altered pokemon I am thinking of. Aquarid was the hardest to come up with without destroying it's looks compleatly so it still looks somewhat like a bug.
► Show Spoiler
TOP LEFT: Dewpider, Bottom Left: Aquarid, Top right: Minor, Bottom Middle: Steelix, bottom right: slugma
- Araquanid could maybe have a vine/root theme? It's main body can be wood/bark (fits with the high defence stats and low speed), and with six vine/root legs coming out for movement. Give it Threaded naturally, or moves like Vine Whip/Power Whip (to replace the lost Threaded from Spider Web). Roots would work well with the part-water theme, since it would "rehydrate" the water bubble on its head by sucking up moisture from the ground.
- Minior looks cool, I like the fragile flower under the rocky exterior.
- I'm guessing Steelix is Steel/Grass? Power Whip makes a ton of sense for that too, replacing Dig. Main weakness is most of it's movelist is Rock, so you don't have a ton of moves to replace (unless Mort lets you swap out a couple).
- What were your thoughts for Slugma? I'm struggling to imagine how lava + plants would work - there isn't a lot of inspiration in nature to draw from for that one. Maybe an Autumn theme, with smouldering dead leaves dropping off it? A dead, charcoal tree branch sticking out of its head?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:14 pm

What, like this? :P

Anyways, I generally like your idea for a type-shifted underdog bouncing cannonball. I think most of your suggestions would work with little issue.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Araquanid could maybe have a vine/root theme? It's main body can be wood/bark (fits with the high defence stats and low speed), and with six vine/root legs coming out for movement. Give it Threaded naturally, or moves like Vine Whip/Power Whip (to replace the lost Threaded from Spider Web). Roots would work well with the part-water theme, since it would "rehydrate" the water bubble on its head by sucking up moisture from the ground.
Ooh! That could work. Once I get home I can scetch out that idea. And since it's permentally rooted it might be able to climb rocky walls with roots digging into it. Defently could replace the lily pad theme I got on this picture.
Minior looks cool, I like the fragile flower under the rocky exterior.
Thank you! I really liked how it turned out. It also has tiny adorable plant arms. I know I am loosing flying speed with this one but hopefully I can get something to compensate.
- I'm guessing Steelix is Steel/Grass? Power Whip makes a ton of sense for that too, replacing Dig. Main weakness is most of it's movelist is Rock, so you don't have a ton of moves to replace (unless Mort lets you swap out a couple).
Yep. I plan on doing it after it evolves so I don't loose out on all the rock moves. Some of the normal moves will prob be replaced.
- What were your thoughts for Slugma? I'm struggling to imagine how lava + plants would work - there isn't a lot of inspiration in nature to draw from for that one. Maybe an Autumn theme, with smouldering dead leaves dropping off it? A dead, charcoal tree branch sticking out of its head?
This idea was based off of moss, peat moss uses explosions to spread pollen/seeds. Seriously, look it up.
There is also idea floating around of a burning bush, which doesn't really burn but turns bright red.
Charcoal/dead tree could also work, but I am trying to have her keep amorhous.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:36 am

M0rtimer wrote:What, like this? :P

Anyways, I generally like your idea for a type-shifted underdog bouncing cannonball. I think most of your suggestions would work with little issue.
Nah, more like this :lol:

Cool! In that case, could I retroactively give Fern the Underdog's Strength Edge, same as I did for Bugsy? Or is that pushing my luck...? :paranoia:
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Ooh! That could work. Once I get home I can scetch out that idea. And since it's permentally rooted it might be able to climb rocky walls with roots digging into it. Defently could replace the lily pad theme I got on this picture.
Yeah, Wallclimber sounds like it would fit nicely too.
Thank you! I really liked how it turned out. It also has tiny adorable plant arms. I know I am loosing flying speed with this one but hopefully I can get something to compensate.
Minior is another awkward one because it doesn't have any natural Flying moves or Abilities to replace. Maybe give it an advanced ability that changes depending on the state of Shield's Down? Something like Sturdy when above 50%, and Chlorophyll when below?
This idea was based off of moss, peat moss uses explosions to spread pollen/seeds. Seriously, look it up.
There is also idea floating around of a burning bush, which doesn't really burn but turns bright red.
Charcoal/dead tree could also work, but I am trying to have her keep amorhous.
Ooh, that does make more sense. The moss could be super-heated instead of literally on fire, and occasionally release little puffs of spores.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:18 am

For minior, it would probably have moves that replace some normal ones. (Like instead of shell smash, maybe growth, or ingrain and maybe one of those two moves can replace defence curl), honestly I don't need another pokemon with a lot of grass attacking moves :lol:

Edit: or I can get ingrain on my level up list without replacing anything for loosing sky speed?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:30 am

I dunno, maybe? Mort's choice what he allows. You'll probably want something though, if only to synergise with your Grass Ace feats.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 am

Which, ingrain (grass status move) and growth (for sun) would do. Sure there's no sun based abilities, but I'm fine with that.

Also I just finished (root) Dewpider and Aquarid!
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:26 am

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:22 am

I finished colour! Woot Woot!
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:40 am

The peat moss seems like it fits Slugma perfectly, but maybe for a different fire/grass pokemon Japanese Rowan is another plant that's pretty fire proof, It can supposedly go into a blacksmith's forge 7 times and still not be burned all the way.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:53 am

If we're on that track, eucalyptus trees thrive after wide-spread fires. They barely get licked by the fire and take advantage of the other plantlife being burned to ash and the wildlife being driven out to spread seeds. Plus the ash other plants leave behind is nutrient-rich.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:00 am

Vader, I wasn't trying to give the impression that Koa "checked every path he came across"- It's a maze, there isn't a main path to be followed. (Well, there's a couple main intersections, but besides that it's a regular maze) Each update can reliably be said to consist out of going to several dead end hallways, but I just skip those until a point of interest is found- Otherwise the update would be this:

"Koa finds a dead end. He turns around, and soon finds himself down another. Consecutively, he spends 5 minutes walking in circles before realizing it, as it was likely placed there intently as a method to fuck over the "keep left" strategy many are likely to employ. He walks down another dead end. Finally, he finds something that is not just another dead end."

Also Dlover, I was not ignoring Alex's plea to have his pokemon healed. I was very much waiting until you very intentionally made sure you were gonna exit the third level to leave/go do that, because this mystery appearance could very well mess around with that plan.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 am

Ah. I'll set the pokemon back to how they were, then.

Okay guys, good luck with this encounter. I've got three pokemon.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:42 am

(Maybe this time you can try just talking, and not instigating a fight :roll: :P )

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:02 am

Maybe they should start applying those potions they found... >:D

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:28 am

I intend to, Dusk, as always. I expect a fight, but when I have a chance I try to negotiate, since it's what Alex is made for. Besides, it's not like we fought zoroark lady.

Pokemon KO'd and horrifically injured, don't have any Revives. I could use a Sparkling Lemonade on Slippy. Dunno if one slugma will make much difference. Maybe. Might as well. I never use restoratives anyway.
Taking a Sparkling Lemonade off my list and healing Slippy for 50hp.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:37 am

Haley has some revives but yea... I am not looking forwoard to this encounter. Ugh. I thought we were moving along too but apparently not. :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 am

M0rtimer wrote:Vader, I wasn't trying to give the impression that Koa "checked every path he came across"- It's a maze, there isn't a main path to be followed. (Well, there's a couple main intersections, but besides that it's a regular maze) Each update can reliably be said to consist out of going to several dead end hallways, but I just skip those until a point of interest is found- Otherwise the update would be this:

"Koa finds a dead end. He turns around, and soon finds himself down another. Consecutively, he spends 5 minutes walking in circles before realizing it, as it was likely placed there intently as a method to fuck over the "keep left" strategy many are likely to employ. He walks down another dead end. Finally, he finds something that is not just another dead end."
Ah ok. Well that doesn't change Koa's action, he goes back and goes secret hunting with his Perception check of 4 :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:08 am

That's fair enough, but just feels like I should point it out. :P

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:57 pm

No-one like these?
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:02 pm

They're pretty cool, but I've gotta say that I hate the magnemites, purely because there's some quality I can't put my finger on that absolutely horrifies me. Something about the tooth-eye-thing.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:42 am

They're pretty cool, but not "this is my head-canon" kind of cool.

Also, you don't need revives to get a pokemon back to snuff- A revive is just if you want it back immediately. Any method of healing through items that puts a pokemon to positive HP will mean that pokemon will wake up after ten minutes, and any healing through the use of moves that puts the target in positive HP will also instantly wake it up.