Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:16 am

We now have to technique chroniclers! The lowly non-chroniclers can officially get two free TMs per pokemon! :p
(Provided the chroniclers have pictures of the relevant tms and don't intend to charge. And given that you can actually get in contact with both of them.)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:26 am

Sorry, I still need 2 more levels before I can get Archive Tutor! :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:35 am

Well, that'll happen eventually.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:56 pm

M0rt I had a question please.
Synch wrote: EDIT: Question on the resting - Bjorn had 5 injuries and -11 HP. Then had an enriched water, so I presume up to 9 hp. Now, it says you can't restore HP naturally with 5 or more injuries, so is Bjorn still on 9HP even after that rest? Because if so, can I retroactively say he used a bandage on himself (or Extended Action and 2 AP) so he could at least heal while sleeping/resting?
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Synch wrote:M0rt I had a question please.
Synch wrote: EDIT: Question on the resting - Bjorn had 5 injuries and -11 HP. Then had an enriched water, so I presume up to 9 hp. Now, it says you can't restore HP naturally with 5 or more injuries, so is Bjorn still on 9HP even after that rest? Because if so, can I retroactively say he used a bandage on himself (or Extended Action and 2 AP) so he could at least heal while sleeping/resting?
Yes, feel free to use that. Though, it shouldn't be necessary, because I forgot to mention something: Luna's minor gift, rejuvenating aura, activated over night. Everyone in the party would be healed to full HP, and recover an additional injury. (Assuming they had not already reached 3)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:34 pm

Woops, when Luna said she healed people by sleeping near them I interpreted that as just healing 3 injuries. Well, time to add two back onto Alex.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:18 pm

To be fair, that is my original/RAW interpretation as well, but that almost seems like it'd be too powerful, so I toned it down. :roll: Same with the more advanced gift, but she doesn't have those anyways.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Wait, hang on, I glanced over when you said "Assuming they had not already reached 3." Does that just mean her healing can't go beyond the 3 injuries per day, or that it can't heal a person down to 2 injuries?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:48 pm

I'm just talking about the max limit of injuries healed per day- If you somehow had already healed 3, no can't do.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:59 pm

Okay, no problems then.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:40 am

Bjorn heals 3 injuries: one with an extended action and AP, one with a bandage, and the third by Luna.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:10 am

So a bit of a sudden random question perhaps... Does anyone happen to know if there is JSON/XML data about PTU pokemon? If there is, it probably wouldn't be too hard to program some small utilities using that... If there's not, though, the real task of creating anything would be to actually recreate all the data in an usable format- And I certainly know I don't have the time to go through THAT. :roll:

I'm definitely not only asking because I'm planning on starting to implement gen 7 pokemon too, and the random pokemon roller I've been using up until now hasn't implemented them yet. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 am

Depends. Excel can save as XML data, and the sheets we use can be copied over. How much data do you want included?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:23 am

That's probably not really what I'm looking for, though, in that the XML you'd get out of that is far from the XML you actually want/need... Although it might be possible to write a script to filter the information you do want out of it, I suppose. I might try that myself later today and take a look at how feasible it'd be- It's a suggestion that'd be a lot better than doing everything manually, at least.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:24 am

Yeah, if I had an example of what it looked like, I could type it up no problem.

There is another, more complete, version of the Gen 7 pokedex as well, here.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:29 am

I could probably give you an "example part" of what the "ideal" form of a finished JSON object would look like for me to import/export, but I'd hardly ask any of you guys to start typing up the data for, well, 800+ pokemon. Unless you want to make me feel like I HAVE to use it to make something somewhat useful. :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:36 am

I've got nothing but time atm, so it's not a big deal to me.

Have you tried asking the guy who made the roller you use, though?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:48 am

While I have far more free time than is healthy, I only know how to use databases in SQLite and Excel, so I'm not gonna be helping there. :shrug:
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:52 am

Honestly, that's something I should probably at least try first, huh? :roll:

I'll shoot him a mail and see if he ends up replying. If we're lucky, it would mean that, potentially, we'd only need to add new gen mons into there...

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:23 am

It's not much, but I do have free time at work so if it's just typing out moves/names/abilities or something menial like that I can help.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:40 am

Haven't heard anything back about the mail yet. Perhaps I'm a bit quick on the draw to expect a mail in a little bit less than a day, but I do think the whole reason I didn't just do it from the bat is still valid- I'm pretty sure the site is "abandoned"... (it's made for 1.04, and we've been in 1.05 for a looong time now)

If you guys are being serious about helping me fill out all the data, though... Wait with it for now. I'll figure out what exactly I want to do, and make an utility that should hopefully make it easier to actually start filling in all that data.

(Hell, I'm thinking about maybe even just trying to dig up the source files off my PTU roller site again, and trying to implement it in there... That was my "original" idea for the site anyways, before I realized I'd have to actually implement all that data by hand, and it would have issues dealing with "homebrew" stuff- So I settled for just making everything "manual" input... I'd have to figure out how to make it all work again though, and it's been literal years since I last used Ruby...)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Hm, Flaaffy seems kind of average, but so long as its advanced ability isn't Sequence it works.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:14 am

So, little update on the whole "creating a PTU tool" thing- It's both going smoothly and... Suffering some setbacks. The good news is I remember just how easy it is to use rails to quickly set up a basic framework and, depending on how advanced we want to make it, could probably launch a rudimentary version with just a bit of polish.

The setback however is that I'm quickly coming to realize that trying to put this data on Heroku, though... Well, it's free plan has a limit on how many rows I am allowed to use, in total- And depending on how extensive I want to make the final result... I think I'd easily reach over 50% of that allotment on this alone! Assuming I'd want to do things in a logical manner, at least... If I "screwed around" a bit, I'm certain I could limit that, but... Well, it's not optimal.

So... Thinking it over, this is going to be my plan for now:

-Find a free hosting site that'll do what I need to do it
-Make a backend that can store/give the data on request
-Make a way to fill in/view data...
-Once it is done close down editing and allow the data to only be viewed.

Then I can potentially use that site to do something similar to the roller, and/or expose it's data to other sites as needed to do other things. Potentially even implement features I was thinking off on the PTU roller site, and just contacting the new site for all data. Not ideal again, but better than the "I have reached the table limit and nothing is working anymore" doomsday scenario keeping all the data there would cause. :roll:

Of course, this means that a "little" task is already shaping up to be a much more involved one... I might work on it if I find myself with time to spare, but I expect it's going to be a while... Assuming I don't throw the idea into the trash prematurely. :roll:

Also, I'm posting this here. For no particular reason. I just like it.
Lost soul wrote:Just... Don't forget what I said before, alright?
Where ever you might find his mark... There must be SOME way to break it.
Perhaps you already found it before, and have unknowingly been sitting on the keys to the kingdom all this time?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 am

Yeah, that line struck me as an obvious clue, but I don't remember seeing anything that could've had the overseer's mark on it. And there's nothing in my inventory at least. Unless it's printed on the running shoes or something. Or the league trainer pin or license. But there weren't any images or anything with those that could be examined for meta clues. Pretty sure it's impossible for its mark to be on the core cube. Extremely unlikely to be on Hoopa's bottle. Anyone else got any ideas of items or places that could have the Overseer's mark on it?
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:51 am

The temple book I've got is the first thing that popped into my head. It has a bunch of ERASED pages at the front - I think the first two chapters? I'll take a closer look at it once I've finished up in the Gym, see if I can find anything on it that might be relevant.