Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Natrivv » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Dusk9 wrote: Thematically though, how would you even describe a Rock/Normal Onix? Like...slightly rockier? But not as rocky as a pure Rock-type....? :roll:

Also Normal Ace is pretty nuts when it comes to raw damage output and reliability. Definitely one of the top Type Aces.
Personally, I would either say they look like a normal, perfectly average onyx with no notable traits, or that the rocks gain a lighter slightly more silvery hue to them.

I think I remember reading in one of the books how the dm could use subtle type changes to throw players off, and an example was how a normal/ground baltoy wouldn't really look any different then a psychic ground baltoy, and the biggest clue would be when shadow ball failed to hurt it.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:00 am

So normal type ace would be a "no physical changes" kind of type change?

That sounds incredibly boring.

It's perfect. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:12 am

You guys might want to ask Sparky for some advice, if you can't figure out what to do with the Box. I was thinking that Koa's storage ball could maybe work if he were there, but that's MissingNo magic, so not sure whether the Box would just reject it completely/overload it like a regular Pokeball.

((Also it's a shame the hidden base you're inside isn't also home to a powerful, god-spawned entity that would be inclined to protect the area anyway, and could probably be convinced to play caretaker to the box until we went back with a better storage plan. Oh, wait.... :roll: ))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:38 am

Anything Sparky can do faces the same limitations as the Overseer, so the cube would reject it all, and none of us are actually aware that zoroark-lady is actually that powerful. At best, we think she's a particularly strong zoroark, but not to an unheard-of degree, and the godslayers are strong enough that one guy can kill a god.

Wait, you said advice. Sparky advice may work, it's just direct interaction and gifts that would be rejected. Alex ain't gonna ask that thing for jack, though.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:42 am

Also I don't trust the evil ass to watch over it. And I don't trust leaving it here.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:44 am

She's not evil, Burns. No matter how offended you are that she decided to eat.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:52 am

I know you think she's "normal". Just pointing out that you'd maybe know more if you hadn't insulted her quite so much :P

And yeah, Sparky might not be able to directly do anything, but information can be just as useful. Especially since he does know about a certain demigod Zorua nearby who might be willing to help...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:56 am

Except he has so far just skirted around the issue. And she is evil, she treatened us, she put the other group in nightmares for...no real reason it seems, she is evil.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:00 am

Dusk9 wrote:I know you think she's "normal". Just pointing out that you'd maybe know more if you hadn't insulted her quite so much :P
Creepy thing that seems like a demon dragging a corpse around? That was polite of us, considering Alex was slinging insults at Xerneas. :P

No more evil than someone trying to chase of people who broke into their house.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:08 am

She put Jeremy in a nightmare to try to scare us off, and Drake because he ignored her warnings not to investigate one specific room. She didn't threaten you either, just warned you to stay away from her half of the base. All she's done is try to protect her home, and get food to eat - you know, like any other wild Pokemon would. Even a person living in the wild would probably react the same way to a potential threat.

Meanwhile you guys broke into her house, insulted her, demanded she show her "true form", and then got all uppity when she didn't.

Also, what has Spark skirted around?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:04 am

She murdered something haley liked. Of course haley wouldnt like her.

Okay mort? What was overseer's aura? Alex would have seen that:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:08 am

:O I just realised the box stopped having an aura when it hit the ground. Well, that changes some minor details. Instead of looking at the aura for clues, I guess Alex is stuck looking at the markings while his hands and mind work. Which honestly probably isn't a big deal, since I don't have much hope for success regardless.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:09 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:She murdered something haley liked. Of course haley wouldnt like her.

Okay mort? What was overseer's aura? Alex would have seen that:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:15 am

Eh, he didn't need 'em anyway. :p

Anyway, the precise wording was...

"Nearly blinded by an explosion of aura..." "... Familiar, yet..." "... Somehow completely alien."
To be less precise, it seems like it was just a jumble of colours and burning intensity. Which is probably the result of eating and integrating countless other souls/auras.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:29 am

Uhh....should Koa be getting the bonus Intuition from his Green Shard? I thought we had to drop everything before going into the maze...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 am

I hope that doesn't include clothes or it would be a very questionable gym. :p

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 am

I figured clothes and shoes were the exception :roll:

I guess this just comes down to whether Mort interprets Accessories as Items or not. Since the rules were to drop all "Pokemon and Items" before going in. And what about Head equipment?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:34 am

I asked M0rt privately and my rainbow gem wasn't allowed and I should have mentioned sneaking it in beforehand
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:59 am

To be fair, you should probably have specified if it was like just a necklace or something, because I assumed it was just a random item to carry in. I suppose "jewelry" would have been the easiest to slip by so to speak, and some attendants probably wouldn't even care.

Basically, I'll take either a stealth or a guile check for Koa, and potentially Drake too if it is in fact a piece of jewelry- A high enough check would probably make it fine.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am

Stealth check for shards?: 1d6 = [2] = 2

Nope, not allowed to use Royal Privilege for this gym. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Dusk9 wrote:I figured clothes and shoes were the exception :roll:
So would Running Shoes count as Shoes, or Accessories?

Also, what are these gems people are talking about? I don't see them listed in inventories.
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:03 am

Mine is listed under trainer combat and Koa uses shards that Drake have found
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:24 am

Shoes and Head Items seem fair game to me. Koa has a pair of Running Shoes too, and he didn't get pulled up on them.

Koa got the Royal Privilege edge from Diancie, which gives him a +2 bonus to certain skills depending on the Shard he's got equipped.
Royal Privilege wrote:You may wear Shards as a Trainer Accessory, and gain a +2 bonus to Skill Checks for the Skill linked to the shardÔÇÖs color. Red is linked to Intimidate, Orange to Command, Yellow to Charm, Green to Intuition, Blue to Guile, and Violet to Focus.
Drake's is a Rainbow Gem he made, which gives him a +5 bonus to one stat. And he can change the stat it buffs as an Extended Action.

------------------------------------------

Speaking of Drake's Shard's and stuff, did we decide in the end whether Koa and Izzy could borrow a Dark Brace each? :paranoia:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:30 am

Oh! And speaking of Shoes, whatever happened to those Lightwalker Boots we got in the Fairy Temple? I think the plan was to give them to Phoenix back in Isoceles, but Sam doesn't have them in his Sheet.
Lightwalker boots: Boots slot. Grant +1 to high and far jump, and +2 to movement capability.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:33 am

Ooh, Royal Privilege is actually pretty nice. Congrats on getting a good gift on top of even getting a gift at all.

I think I saw the lightwalker boots when I was looking for the gems... Uuhhh... Koa's got them, looks like.
My game:

My characters: